PDA

View Full Version : Should Princess Maria receive a special ranking of #0?

- L i n a -
Mar 4th, 2004, 08:59 PM
As well know, it's just a matter of time before Maria wins 50 Grand Slam titles. Infact, she would have won Wimbledon and US Open, if she wasn't injured... and if she played Roland Garros, she would have kicked Serena's ass, and brought home another.

Maria being ranked #22 is pure silliness... since we all know she's the best.

I feel the #1 ranking isn't even good enough... let's rank her #0 now, and give Maria her place in immortality.

Thanks.

TartarVicario
Mar 5th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Are you Kieth17,Eva? :unsure:

If you are I don't understand why you hate Anna and like Masha :confused:

BTW I don't bias but I don't think she is the best at all.Believe me Vera,Sveta and Dinara are better than her.

- L i n a -
Mar 5th, 2004, 12:53 AM
All the posters here say Maria is the best. All the writers say it. All the experts say it.

I'm just a puppet, following along.

goldenlox
Mar 5th, 2004, 12:55 AM
That's what hype is. When the tournament director is thrilled to have you, and they don't think you're going to win, you have good hype.

- L i n a -
Mar 5th, 2004, 12:56 AM
They probably really do think she's going to win though...

goldenlox
Mar 5th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Do you need to win to change the world?

- L i n a -
Mar 5th, 2004, 01:05 AM
No, you just need coolness.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Mar 5th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Tennis is my form of employment.
I've proven time after time that I am the epitome of tennis knowledge on this board.
And this kind of poll is created by someone who says “Tennis is my form of employment” and “I've proven time after time that I am the epitome of tennis knowledge on this board”.

Very interesting.

goldenlox
Mar 5th, 2004, 02:18 AM
Evan starts a lot of Maria threads. I don't understand why.

goldenlox
Mar 5th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Let's be realistic. Maria is in Teen People in 2002 because of her agent. She wasn't a news story at 14. The tournament director wants her because her agent hypes her.

Time, Rolling Stone, People and Vanity Fair-they don't write about tennis players who win Tier III's.

That's how this sport works. If you have aggressive management, tournament directors want you.
Sveta is having a much better year.

goldenlox
Mar 5th, 2004, 02:35 AM
And this is fine. Sveta will earn millions on court. And her career will not be sidetracked by hype.