PDA

View Full Version : Why do you like Amélie?

Mariangelina
Mar 4th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Just curious to see what exactly made people here become and stay her fans. :)

I find her very inspirational. Coming out at that young stage of her career takes a lot of guts. Being a chicken-in-the-closet myself ( :help: ), it really impresses me, and she faced all that homophobic crap :fiery: with a lot of poise and grace. I really like her game. I find it very interesting and three-dimensional, and that backhand... :drool: She's always exciting to watch, and rather... unpredictable, but that only makes her more exciting to watch (and increases my heart rate dramatically at times.) She has so much talent and the most amazing backhand I've ever seen- Henin can eat her dust in that regard! :bounce:

I also admire her sportsmanship- whiners and racquet-throwers can get wearing. Jerks can be even more wearing, and from all accounts she's a very nice person. She seems very gracious, intelligent, and articulate off court, and her English is very, very good. Learning other languages is not easy at all- my French still needs sooooo much work, but she gives me some inspiration in that regard!

At risk of being shallow, I :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: the way she looks. She has one of the most gorgeous athletic bodies I've ever seen :drool: :drool: :drool: She's very pretty in a natural way- these Kournikova-shovelful-of-makeup types really turn me off. She has really pretty hair and eyes, and I love her smile... :inlove:

Obviously she has the potential to win a lot of Slams, and as a :crazy: optimist, I remain convinced she will. Fate has screwed her so many times :fiery: with all these stupid injuries at inopportune times, and she's severely overdue for a break. But I'm sure she'll have her chance. She's too terrific a player not to. :bounce: :inlove: :bounce: :inlove: :bounce:

What exactly makes you like her?

:angel: :bounce: :angel: ;bounce:Allez Amélie in 2004! :bounce: :angel: :bounce: :angel:

:hearts: :crazy: :inlove: :bounce: :angel: :lick: :kiss: :drool: :yippee: :cool: :D :worship: :bigclap:

mom3
Mar 4th, 2004, 10:49 AM
you said what should be said :p
and she has great fans too :drool: :kiss:

cro-girl
Mar 4th, 2004, 03:42 PM
She`s a really good player. Whenever she is fit enough to play or isn`t injured, semi-finals are a regular thing on every single tournament. :worship: She`s really talented.
I also love the way she looks....so sexy, and very, very hot :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: And her abs....mmmm:drool: :drool: :drool:
Coming out of a closet shouldn`t have been like that...that was supposed to be her choice, she shouldn`t have been forced to do it:confused: . Coming out ain`t always bad (trust me...), you just have to be careful who you`re telling something like that to.
What I love most about her is the fact she always finds time for her fans:bounce: I think she`s a normal person....she isn`t big-headed like some players.
She`s just perfect....what`s there not to like????:eek:

Unvoix
Mar 4th, 2004, 06:38 PM
So, if Amelie was straight, do you think she would still be as popular as she is with homosexuals? Or would her fan base be totally different? Would you still enjoy her on and off the court?

bradluvsmomo
Mar 25th, 2004, 11:13 PM
I'm a hetero male and I love the way she looks too! I have many gay and bi female friends, so I've never really seen that as a reason not to love a girl. In fact, I don't think I would like Amelie as much if she were straight. So I guess I'm shallow AND confused!

Fat Frog
Mar 27th, 2004, 10:21 PM
well apart from the fact that her game is interesting, she looks fab, has guts and is supposedly very nice to fans....hmm..think she's a breath of fresh air in a tour that has gone a bit stale..anyone agree with me?

Tompier
Mar 27th, 2004, 10:42 PM
- She is sooo nice
- like her game
- always nice to Mary :hearts: (all that fed cup stuff)
- won tier II in Warsaw last year :bounce:

ToeTag
Mar 28th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Well for me,it was the similarity to Sabatini.I loved Gaby's game,and Amelie reminds me of her.It would have been so wonderful to see those two play each other.*faints*

suzie
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:42 AM
So, if Amelie was straight, do you think she would still be as popular as she is with homosexuals? Or would her fan base be totally different? Would you still enjoy her on and off the court?

Interesting question… though is based on weird assumptions! you talk as if you were sure most Amélie’s are gay… I still think it’s a very good sociological question but you’d have to identify accurately her fan base before asking that (you might be surprised with the results).

But let me put it the other way around: do you think Amélie’s talent is depreciated by the “straight community”?

As for what I think of her… well, she is a brave, sweet person and a great, talented player who needs a little luck to completely get what she deserves. ;)

cro-girl
Mar 28th, 2004, 01:44 PM
100% :lol: She brought some kind of freshness in the world of tennis which was a bit asleep until she became a part of it. I think she`s exactly what WTA needed, and it has nothing to do with her sexuality.
Well, that`s just my opinion :cool:

natacha1
Mar 29th, 2004, 07:24 PM
I met her in Ciney and she was just great !! Such a friendly girl !!!

Unvoix
Mar 31st, 2004, 02:11 AM
Interesting question… though is based on weird assumptions! you talk as if you were sure most Amélie’s are gay… I still think it’s a very good sociological question but you’d have to identify accurately her fan base before asking that (you might be surprised with the results).

But let me put it the other way around: do you think Amélie’s talent is depreciated by the “straight community”?

Well, she hasn't asked me (a woman) out to dinner, but I'm almost certain that she is gay. ;) (This is hinted at in the clever title of this forum: Momo--instead of homo--sapiens.)

But you do ask a good question, Suzie. And I would go farther and ask is Amelie's talent underappreciated by the world? YES. YES. YES. But she needs to stay healthy to prove how talented she is. I have no doubt that she could reach # 1.

BTW, I too am reminded of Sabatini when I watch Amelie.

suzie
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:49 AM
Well, she hasn't asked me out to dinner, but I'm almost certain that she is gay. ;) (This is hinted at in the clever title of this forum: Momo--instead of homo--sapiens.)

Sorry, i've missed the word "fans":rolleyes:. Amélie is gay, you can be sure! Let me know if she invites you to dinner :lol:.
Your question was about her fan base... not all Amélie's fans are gay - that's what i meant! :) and yes, she should be more appreciated by the world :worship:!

...crossing my fingers for health... ;)

nk
Apr 1st, 2004, 10:16 AM
I like her because she's just GRATE !!!!! Greate in tennis, Greate on pictures, Greate on interviews ....
That's why i like Amelie. How can anyone not ?!!!
:bounce: :worship: :bounce:

thainguyen
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:17 AM
to my MOMO:hearts:

*JR*
Apr 5th, 2004, 09:39 PM
I like Momo because she's "honest to a fault". Because she doesn't pretend 2B who she's not. Because Griffin likes her. :p And because She's So close to her longtime friend, rival, Practice Partner, about everything but um, er, you know :o Le Placid Parisian. :)

flyingmachine
Apr 10th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I like Amelie because:
I love her game very interesting with lots of varity.
She is very brave that she tells openly that she is gay.
Her honestly.
I found her a very interesting person who's like a drink or two she's not perfect and I like a person who is very human.
Don't care what people saying about her especailly about her sexuality.

lauramariana
Apr 11th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Hello!!! To me it puts bad that always considers the subject of the Amelie sexuality. I believe that it is not but the important thing, since Amelie every day plays better and she is not a conflicting person by the news that I have read. I saw in Buenos Aires playing by Fed Cup and it seems to me an excellent person. And to my also it seems to me that it plays seemed to Gaby Sabatini, I believe that for that reason I must be one of its main ones fan in Argentina.

Good luck for tomorrow Amelie, she's the best tennis player for me!!! :worship: