PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Dent ancestry

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 19th, 2002, 04:31 PM
I was looking at some pics of taylor dent and was wondering if he was part aborignal? his features seem somewhat aborignal to me.:wavey:

Bezz
Feb 19th, 2002, 05:44 PM
i think its just the way his teeth are :)

Nina_rus
Feb 19th, 2002, 06:43 PM
have you seen pics when he's serving? He looks really scary!

V.Melb
Feb 19th, 2002, 08:47 PM
He just has strong features.
:cool:

GrandSlammed
Feb 20th, 2002, 12:14 AM
cybelledarkholmexx. I've been thinking and saying Dent is of Aboriginal ancestry since the day I laid eyes on him. He looks very Aboriginal. Think he may be ashamed of it???

http://www.sportfiles.com/photogallery/dent/QU01-03-09.jpg

Lisbeth
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:31 AM
I work with a lot of Aborigines and I don't really see it, nor am I aware of any aboriginal ancestry on his father's side (and I think his mother's American, though I might well be wrong).

However, it's quite possible. Many Australians who had a small amount of aboriginal ancestry either did not know it or did not mention it until recent years. This is the main reason why the number of people claiming aboriginal descent in the census appears to have "jumped" from less than 1% of the Aus population to over 2% in only 10 years!! Now it is considered quite prestigious in many circles to eek out that aboriginal ancestor even if you have no links to the community as such ... a nice change I think!

Crazy Canuck
Feb 20th, 2002, 03:32 AM
"Think he may be ashamed of it??? "

What the heck would make you think he is ashamed of it? If he does indeed have that ancestory in him.

Frankly I have no idea if he does or not.

He always looks like he's frowning, on an unrelated note.

Linton
Feb 20th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Is he Part Aussie Lol i didint no that. Is he? Anyone answer
?

Mattographer
Feb 20th, 2002, 05:19 AM
He's half an Australian and half an American.

KindaNice
Feb 21st, 2002, 12:20 AM
I think he is also part asshole...

Lisbeth
Feb 21st, 2002, 12:58 AM
[trying not to laugh at kindanice :o ]

His dad was an Australian pro tennis player and played Davis Cup for Australia. Hence the ongoing "Australia rejects Dent"; "No, Dent rejects Australia"; "No, wait a minute, Dent rejects USA (after accepting their funding)" debate. Yawn.

Aloysius
Feb 21st, 2002, 01:54 PM
LOL. I thought he looked a little different to his parents, but it never occurred to me that he might be part-Aboriginal. I assumed that the most likely scenario was that he was adopted. Maybe not.

About the possibility of him being Aboriginal... Maybe, but who knows? :confused:

Or maybe his mother simply forgot to tell her husband about that little pre-marital affair she had a few days before getting hitched. ;)