PDA

View Full Version : New Software bug

AleOrtu
Mar 3rd, 2004, 12:16 AM
I don´t know if call it a bug, or just an advance but I don´t like it... It is something I miss because I used it.

When you are in a thread, at the bottom there are two links (I think they are unusefull) :
« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
But in the old software there was another link there, in the middle, to return to the forum (the list of threads).
I used it all the time, this way: I open the thread, read all the posts, add my own post if I like, and when I get the end, press this link and come back to the forum.
Now I have to go again to the top of the page to return, or go to the end to press this link where you can swich different forums, but sometimes your arrows plays a trick to you and you end in.... only god knows where...

For those who are members of MensTennisForum, you can still see the "link" I am talking about at the end of the last post.

Martian Willow
Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:04 AM
...I noticed that, it's really annoying... :)

azza
Mar 3rd, 2004, 05:08 AM
:bigwave: Willow Rosenburg

Martian Willow
Mar 3rd, 2004, 10:02 AM
:wavey:

:confused:

Lady
Mar 3rd, 2004, 10:46 AM
Yes, Catriel, I miss this option too :(

Kanji
Mar 3rd, 2004, 12:42 PM
If I am right, you are talking about the Navigation bar that is located on top of every thread. In the old version, that bar was located both on top and in the bottom. This is indeed a change with the new software. I don't know why it's been removed and there is not much we can do about it.

AleOrtu
Mar 3rd, 2004, 05:38 PM
Yes... Just betwenn the last post and the box to Quick Reply.
You have "prev thread, next thread" but we don`t have anymore the link to the current forum.

Thank you anyway Kanji :) I think I can live without this... :p

GoDominique
Mar 4th, 2004, 12:19 AM
I also miss the "post new thread" link in threads. :(

Kanji
Mar 5th, 2004, 01:45 PM
For your information guys. I made some searches on the vBulletin message boards (our software) about this issue. I've seen someone asking the exact same question and there is the answer of the development team.

The goal for the final style was to make it simpler. Having multiple navigation bars and duplicated navigation is not simpler. The default design provided by us with the software is an example of what can be done with it, not an absolute. We have thousands of customers to supply a default style to and have to take many considerations into account.

Besides, someone made an interesting comment about the fact that you can "jump" to the forum by clicking the "Go" button next to the "Forum jump" scroll bar in the bottom of the page. That way, you don't have to scroll all the way up to the top. Thought that was interesting. ;)