PDA

View Full Version : MPTA forum deleted?

Fieke
Mar 2nd, 2004, 07:34 AM
:wavey:

I was browsing throug the Games section and I noticed that the MPTA forum is no longer there. Also, I had about 2,925 posts last time I checked and now I only have about 2,858.
I don't really care about my total amount of posts (although I was close to hitting 3,000 :p), but if I remember correctly, Jeff wanted to keep the forum because he wanted to restart the game in the future.

Mateo Mathieu
Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:49 AM
It's not related to women's games... I believe it moved to the men's board.

Kanji
Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:58 PM
I indeed deleted the game yesterday. It has been inactive for almost two months (we usually delete game after one month of inactivity). There is so many games in the games forum and there is new ones almost every day, it would be a lot of work for us to keep track of who manages the games and what are their intentions towards them.

As for moving games related to menís tennis, we donít do that. The active games will remain until they end (and they are deleted). However, we donít create new menís tennis game anymore. They have to take place on www.menstennisforums.com like every other thread on that topic.

Jeff
Mar 5th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Ok, well thank you for not taking the time to inform me about this........

Hayato
Mar 5th, 2004, 07:15 AM
the same thig happened to Sanex Heroes :sad:

Kanji
Mar 5th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Ok, well thank you for not taking the time to inform me about this........
I am sorry about that Jeff, but it is an "unofficial" politic about games. When they are inactive for more than one month, we delete them. In fact, as I said, it is usually a lot more than a month, in MPTA case it was almost 2.

It is impossible to satisfy everyone concerns. Some people would like to see old games deleted a lot faster to clear some space others would prefer to keep them forever (so they won't lose any posts). We have to find balance into that.