PDA

View Full Version : Next Tournament

sebbe
Mar 1st, 2004, 10:01 PM
Have anyone heard anything new about her next tournament??
I saw that she is still in yhe pkayerlist in PacificLife Open...

Piotrek
Mar 5th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Mary will play in Indian Wells ;) Main Draw
1 BEL HENIN-HARDENNE, JUSTINE F 1
2 BEL CLIJSTERS, KIM F 2
3 FRA MAURESMO, AMELIE F 3
4 USA DAVENPORT, LINDSAY 4
5 USA CAPRIATI, JENNIFER F 5
6 RUS MYSKINA, ANASTASIA F 6
8 JPN SUGIYAMA, AI F 7
9 USA RUBIN, CHANDA R F 8
10 RUS DEMENTIEVA, ELENA F 9
11 RUS PETROVA, NADIA F 10
12 RUS ZVONAREVA, VERA F 11
14 ARG SUAREZ, PAOLA F 12
15 SCG DOKIC, JELENA F 13
16 SUI SCHNYDER, PATTY F 14
17 ESP MARTINEZ, CONCHITA F 15
18 ITA SCHIAVONE, FRANCESCA F 16
19 ISR SMASHNOVA-PISTOLESI, ANNA F 17
21 BUL MALEEVA, MAGDALENA F 18
22 COL ZULUAGA, FABIOLA F 19
23 ESP SERNA, MAGUI F 20
24 FRA DECHY, NATHALIE F 21
25 USA RAYMOND, LISA F 22
26 RUS SHARAPOVA, MARIA F 23
26 LUX KREMER, ANNE F S 24
27 RUS KUZNETSOVA, SVETLANA F 25
29 SVK HANTUCHOVA, DANIELA F 26
30 USA SHAUGHNESSY, MEGHANN F 27
31 SLO PISNIK, TINA F 28
32 RSA COETZER, AMANDA F 29
33 GRE DANIILIDOU, ELENI F 30
33 RUS PANOVA, TATIANA F S 31
34 AUS MOLIK, ALICIA F 32
35 RUS BOVINA, ELENA F 33
36 RUS LIKHOVTSEVA, ELENA F 34
37 FRA PIERCE, MARY F 35
38 HUN MANDULA, PETRA F 36
39 JPN OBATA, SAORI F 37
40 RUS SAFINA, DINARA F 38
41 VEN VENTO-KABCHI, MARIA F 39
42 JPN ASAGOE, SHINOBU F 40
43 USA GRANVILLE, LAURA F 41
44 FRA LOIT, EMILIE F 42
45 ESP SANCHEZ LORENZO, MARIA F 43
46 USA HARKLEROAD, ASHLEY F 44
47 ZIM BLACK, CARA F 45
48 CRO SPREM, KAROLINA F 46
49 SLO SREBOTNIK, KATARINA F 47
50 USA FRAZIER, AMY F 48
51 GER BARNA, ANCA F 49
52 PUR BRANDI, KRISTINA F 50
53 FRA BARTOLI, MARION F 51
54 THA TANASUGARN, TAMARINE F 52
56 CZE CHLADKOVA, DENISA F 53
57 AUS PRATT, NICOLE F 54
58 SUI GAGLIARDI, EMMANUELLE F 55
59 UZB TULYAGANOVA, IRODA F 56
60 ESP MEDINA GARRIGUES, ANABEL F 57
61 JPN MORIGAMI, AKIKO F 58
62 SLO MATEVZIC, MAJA F 59
63 LUX SCHAUL, CLAUDINE F 60
64 SVK CERVANOVA, LUDMILA F 61
65 ESP PARRA, ARANTXA F 62
66 CRO KOSTANIC, JELENA F 63
67 HUN CZINK, MELINDA F 64
68 GER WEINGARTNER, MARLENE F 65
69 BEL CALLENS, ELS F 66
70 ESP RUANO PASCUAL, VIRGINIA F 67
75 USA REEVES, SAMANTHA F 68
76 VEN SEQUERA, MILAGROS F 69
78 ARG DIAZ-OLIVA, MARIANA F S 70
81 ITA GRANDE, RITA F 71
83 ITA PENNETTA, FLAVIA F 72
85 ITA GARBIN, TATHIANA F 73
93 FRA COHEN-ALORO, STEPHANIE F 74
99 CZE KOUKALOVA, KLARA F 75
55 HUN KAPROS, ANIKO F 1 * moved in as Schnyder withdrew*

NicoMary
Mar 5th, 2004, 09:31 AM
No she won't, sorry:sad: Mary came back to amsterdan to practice; she will be back on tour in Amelia Island, tournament in which there is an amazing field :eek: :worship: with, hénin, Davenport, serena, dementieva, mauresmo.....this tournament will take place the 5th of april..lets be patient:sad:

Mark Spruce
Mar 5th, 2004, 12:14 PM
well another month to go then. well I hope that Mary is doing well.

I really do miss her on the tour. Can't wait to see you back Mary :hug:

regards

Mark

sebbe
Mar 5th, 2004, 06:36 PM
but why is she still in the playerlist then??

MissTennisFan
Mar 5th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Probably because she hasn't officially withdrawn yet...

Mark Spruce
Mar 6th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Well it iwll be great to see Mary back again.

take care

Mark

p.s WE MISS YOU SO MUCH MARY

*Marat BigFan*
Mar 6th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Are you sure Mary withdrawl?? The tournament is starting soon...

NicoMary
Mar 6th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Are you sure Mary withdrawl?? The tournament is starting soon...

Mary said several times that she wasn't suppose to play Indian wells and Miami and that she wanted to take 6 weeks off to come back in Amelia Island....that is what she said:wavey:

mjflinny
Mar 6th, 2004, 06:15 PM
mary is not playing indian wells.

educ00
Mar 7th, 2004, 01:50 AM
It is awfull for me as a fan how this season has lost appeal. I really do not find myself enjoying the Belgians at all and I do not like the fact Mary is not active (though I respect her). I miss the Williams, and want them to dominate the field again, I want to see Mary rise and I want to see Capriati/Davenport able to take the Belgians off. I just think they are dull.
It always happens with a top player that certain fans hate them when they rise. But, I hated Hingis in her times, yet I enjoyed seeing her play, I enjoyed the rivalries. Now, there are no rivalries that excite me. I just want Mary, Venus and Serena back.
Had to get it out there!

Hope you are all well.

sebbe
Mar 7th, 2004, 11:41 AM
I kind of agree with you educ00...
I really miss them alot though I don't like the williamssisters...
And I really really miss Monica, she is one of my favourites but from
what I've heard, she will make her return in march in an exhibitionmatch
against navratilova...

It is awfull for me as a fan how this season has lost appeal. I really do not find myself enjoying the Belgians at all and I do not like the fact Mary is not active (though I respect her). I miss the Williams, and want them to dominate the field again, I want to see Mary rise and I want to see Capriati/Davenport able to take the Belgians off. I just think they are dull.
It always happens with a top player that certain fans hate them when they rise. But, I hated Hingis in her times, yet I enjoyed seeing her play, I enjoyed the rivalries. Now, there are no rivalries that excite me. I just want Mary, Venus and Serena back.
Had to get it out there!

Hope you are all well.

MissTennisFan
Mar 7th, 2004, 09:49 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Allez Mary!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

http://www.geocities.com/misstennisfan/Mary_OGF.jpg

Mark Spruce
Mar 8th, 2004, 12:19 AM
Hello MissTennisFan,

Well it will be great to see Mary back.

Hey where did you get the pic from ??? Is it from this years tournament ??

Mark

*roddicksinme*
Mar 8th, 2004, 04:09 AM
wonder why such a long break?
but I will be there at Amelia Island to see and be cheering for Mary!!!!:bounce:

sebbe
Mar 8th, 2004, 07:07 PM
still no official withdrawl from Mary....
are you guys totally sure that she won't play??

educ00
Mar 8th, 2004, 08:50 PM
The draws are out for PanPacific Life Open and Mary - as most of you argued - is not listed. Does anyone know her status in terms of Amsterdam? Why the sudden move? I wonder specially because I believe it is somewhat cold. I am so happy, I think she will be rejuvenated with Europe and it is a fantastic move for her maturity as a player. Three weeks to go! Hang in there.

MissTennisFan
Mar 8th, 2004, 09:27 PM
She moved to Amsterdam because her coach, Sven Groenveld, lives there...

Mark Spruce
Mar 9th, 2004, 01:30 AM
A wise move I think.

regards

Mark

MissTennisFan
Mar 9th, 2004, 11:12 AM
A wise move I think.

regards

Mark
I couldn't agree more, Mark :)

Mark Spruce
Mar 10th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Hello MissTennisFan,

I know you are really happy about it LOL:haha:

take care

Mark

The Last Unicorn
Mar 12th, 2004, 11:53 AM
The only thing is that was wondering how she will prepare for the clay court season in Amsterdam considering the fact that it is really cold there. Does she practice indoors on clay? Isn't that a different situation? Wouldn't it be better to practice in the US then where she can play outside?
I just wondered...
Nevertheless, Good luck, Mary!

Oh, and cheers to y'all! :wavey:

NicoMary
Mar 12th, 2004, 12:01 PM
The fact is that after her loss in RG Sven explain to Mary that he was ready to help her but only if she came to Amsterdam, so in fact mary has no choice...about the "how is she training for the clay season", for sure she is training on clay indoor, but i although think that Sven will go with her in practice session out of this cold country...Mary has to loose a little bit more weight and gain some rapidity, and for sure she will be hard to beat in 2004:bounce:

Mark Spruce
Mar 12th, 2004, 12:21 PM
I think that Sven has been the best thing for Mary in ages. Well in my opinion since her brother David coached her in 2000.

regards

Mark

MissTennisFan
Mar 13th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Mary has to lose a little bit more weight
Elle m'avait semblé suffisament en forme à ce niveau-là à OGF... tu ne penses pas? :confused:

stu-pot
Mar 13th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Elle m'avait semblé suffisament en forme à ce niveau-là à OGF... tu ne penses pas? :confused:
Would this be a bollocking in French? :confused: Hope so! :bounce: :lol:

NicoMary
Mar 13th, 2004, 06:39 PM

Sincèrement, je l'ai d'ailleurs vue de mes yeux à l'open gaz de france, c'est vrai elle est en grande forme mais 5 kilos de masse en moins l'aiderai dans la perspective d'améliorer son déplacement , sa réactivité et sa vitesse...pas grand chose mais elle n'est pas encore au niveau physique qu'elle avait à Hitlon head en 2000..parfait pour elle a mon avis...

Miss tennis fan and me, are just talking about the fact that mary has or not to loose a little bit more weight...nothing really seriuous:wavey:

MissTennisFan
Mar 13th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Sincèrement, je l'ai d'ailleurs vue de mes yeux à l'open gaz de france, c'est vrai elle est en grande forme mais 5 kilos de masse en moins l'aiderai dans la perspective d'améliorer son déplacement , sa réactivité et sa vitesse...pas grand chose mais elle n'est pas encore au niveau physique qu'elle avait à Hitlon head en 2000..parfait pour elle a mon avis...
Bizarrement il m'avait justement semblé que Mary était encore plus en forme à OGF cette année qu'elle ne l'était en 2000 à RG ou à Hilton Head; mais j'imagine bien qu'elle et Sven ont effectivement consacré ces quelques semaines à améliorer la mobilité et le mouvement. J'espère ce travail portera ses fruits dès Amelia Island dans 3 semaines!

stu-pot
Mar 13th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Miss tennis fan and me, are just talking about the fact that mary has or not to loose a little bit more weight...nothing really seriuous:wavey:[/QUOTE]
I thought Miss T-F was bollocking you for calling Mary fat! :mad: OK!
I just think Mary looks perfect! :hearts: I could be wrong but my mind suggests to me that I'm not. :angel: :angel: :kiss:

MissTennisFan
Mar 13th, 2004, 11:48 PM
Well I was just saying I thought Mary looked really fit this year, maybe even fitter than she was in 2000 when she won Hilton Head and Roland-Garros. I am, however, absolutely certain she and Sven have used these last couple of weeks to try to improve her movement. I then concluded by saying that I was hoping Mary's efforts would bear fruit in the upcoming tournaments starting with Amelia Island.

MissTennisFan
Mar 13th, 2004, 11:56 PM
By the way, I don't think Nicolas is calling Mary fat, I think he just feels that if she lost a few more pounds it would improve her movement. Like I said in my previous message though, judging by OGF, Mary is clearly looking very fit, and really doesn't need to lose any weight in my view.

Mark Spruce
Mar 14th, 2004, 02:03 AM
Mary is looking so trim. I think that she had done so well in a year.

I think that a little more movment. And there will be some top players worried about meeting the Blonde Bomber in any match.

GO FOR IT MARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark

stu-pot
Mar 14th, 2004, 09:11 AM
By the way, I don't think Nicolas is calling Mary fat, I think he just feels that if she lost a few more pounds it would improve her movement. Like I said in my previous message though, judging by OGF, Mary is clearly looking very fit, and really doesn't need to lose any weight in my view.

I may have over reacted I guess but, when I look at Mary I am only seeing a beautiful, perfect :angel:. A sculpted body which is unchallenged on the courts anywhere! :hearts: Still, I'm biased and blindly obssessed with the :angel:
And, I've said it once, :confused: I need to learn some French! :tape:

Tompier
Mar 14th, 2004, 10:18 AM
:hearts: ohhhhhhh I just can't wait to see her :hearts:

NicoMary
Mar 14th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Well I was just saying I thought Mary looked really fit this year, maybe even fitter than she was in 2000 when she won Hilton Head and Roland-Garros. I am, however, absolutely certain she and Sven have used these last couple of weeks to try to improve her movement. I then concluded by saying that I was hoping Mary's efforts would bear fruit in the upcoming tournaments starting with Amelia Island.

The things that i wanted to say is that if mary Pierce really wants to be back in the top 10, her physical condition must be perfect, not just good, Mary is very fit right now but compare to the way she looks in 1999 in quaterfinal of the US open against Davenport, there is still a little bit to do, nothing serious but i'm sure that she would be terrific......I'm sure she is doing good right now with Sven and I can't wait to see her in Amelia, to see how fit she is, how good she play and what she will wear:hearts: :hearts: With those five weeks more Mary should be on top:bounce: :hearts:

stu-pot
Mar 14th, 2004, 01:19 PM
I don't think we wish Mary :angel: to end up looking as thin as Hantuchova do we? :eek:

stu-pot
Mar 14th, 2004, 01:24 PM
The things that i wanted to say is that if mary Pierce really wants to be back in the top 10, her physical condition must be perfect, not just good, Mary is very fit right now but compare to the way she looks in 1999 in quaterfinal of the US open against Davenport, there is still a little bit to do, nothing serious but i'm sure that she would be terrific......I'm sure she is doing good right now with Sven and I can't wait to see her in Amelia, to see how fit she is, how good she play and what she will wear:hearts: :hearts: With those five weeks more Mary should be on top:bounce: :hearts:

:lol: :bounce: :bounce: :angel: :bounce: :bounce: :lol:

sebbe
Mar 14th, 2004, 03:39 PM
the thing with her movement...
that has always been her problem even when she was really
thin back in 1995-1997 the few years after she did build alot of
muscles....she has always been quite slow and that is really
wierd I think...because if you compare with for example Petrova or
Serena she is so slow and that has been a riddle for me...
I think she moved well in Paris but it can for sure be better
so I hope that she has lost just a few pounds so she will
be even faster....

NicoMary
Mar 14th, 2004, 04:02 PM
the thing with her movement...
that has always been her problem even when she was really
thin back in 1995-1997 the few years after she did build alot of
muscles....she has always been quite slow and that is really
wierd I think...because if you compare with for example Petrova or
Serena she is so slow and that has been a riddle for me...
I think she moved well in Paris but it can for sure be better
so I hope that she has lost just a few pounds so she will
be even faster....

You are right, as far as i remember Mary has always been a little bit too slow:sad: , even when she was in final in Australia in 1995...but it was better in 1999, that match against linsday prove it, and i'm sure that she was moving even much better in 2000, she was defending so well against sanchez and Seles in HiltonH and against that same seles and Hingis at RG...but you are right on the fact that Mary is not moving well compare to those big hitter that are, Petrova, Bovina, Serena... But lets be positiv, it wasn't that bad in Paris and sure that she is training right now to improve in that part of her game

sebbe
Mar 14th, 2004, 06:02 PM
I wonder in what way she is practising i the Netherlands??....
yeah in Hilton Head she moved very good....
what I meant with Petrova and Serena is that them are almost
as tall as Mary, but they move much better then Mary...
I really look forward to Amelia Island to see the results of
the weeks of training

You are right, as far as i remember Mary has always been a little bit too slow:sad: , even when she was in final in Australia in 1995...but it was better in 1999, that match against linsday prove it, and i'm sure that she was moving even much better in 2000, she was defending so well against sanchez and Seles in HiltonH and against that same seles and Hingis at RG...but you are right on the fact that Mary is not moving well compare to those big hitter that are, Petrova, Bovina, Serena... But lets be positiv, it wasn't that bad in Paris and sure that she is training right now to improve in that part of her game

NicoMary
Mar 14th, 2004, 07:14 PM
In fact she is training in one of the best sport center in Europe:eek: ,I swear, so I think that there is no problems for her to have all the things that she needs to work hard:worship:

MissTennisFan
Mar 14th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Good, and I hope it's a permanent move! :)

sebbe
Mar 14th, 2004, 09:28 PM
wish that she could come to sweden:p...and make some training

ashwu
Mar 18th, 2004, 03:41 PM
i am not worried about her movement that much. i think her mental condition is more important than her movement.
after last year's fed cup, i thought if she had a coach like Forget, always tells her 'she is a great champion, she's born for those tough matches, those golden moments', sure she could play in a higher level.
mary is almost 30 now, i think she should think more about how to play her game wiser, but not how to hit the ball harder...

sebbe
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:42 PM
i am not worried about her movement that much. i think her mental condition is more important than her movement.
after last year's fed cup, i thought if she had a coach like Forget, always tells her 'she is a great champion, she's born for those tough matches, those golden moments', sure she could play in a higher level.
mary is almost 30 now, i think she should think more about how to play her game wiser, but not how to hit the ball harder...

You don't think that she is wise out there?? :eek:
I believe that she is one of the smartest players out on court.
She has chose to bee very agressiv which is very good...
but she can do so much with the ball, slow down, high topspins,
and hit so hard....I think it is her movement and mabye her concentration...