PDA

View Full Version : A question for Board Moderators

spencercarlos
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:21 PM
Why are closing the threads that have the Henin/Serena movie clip being posted by me?

I hope a response, if u want it via PM by the way its something many people would like to know, both threads being closed now, and especially the second one no one was writing offensive stuff or whatsoever that could lead to such CLOSING of the thread.

Thanks.
Petosp..

PD. I am looking to post more videos, other matches of course including Hingis, Anna, Serena, Venus, Sabatini, Seles, Henin, Graf ,Lindsay, Clijsters among others so be honest enough so i will know if i can do that on this board or not.

hingis-seles
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:28 PM
Yes, I would like to know as well. :confused:

Justineladivine
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:29 PM
Why are closing the threads that have the Henin/Serena movie clip being posted by me?

I hope a response, if u want it via PM by the way its something many people would like to know, both threads being closed now, and especially the second one no one was writing offensive stuff or whatsoever that could lead to such CLOSING of the thread.

Thanks.
Petosp..

PD. I am looking to post more videos, other matches of course including Hingis, Anna, Serena, Venus, Sabatini, Seles, Henin, Graf ,Lindsay, Clijsters among others so be honest enough so i will know if i can do that on this board or not.

I'm not a moderator but I think I can answer you. Uploading videos into a forum like this one is normally a violation of copyright laws. So I wouldn't get paranoid about it if I were you. In other terms don't start thinking you've been censored for the kind of message you wanted to convey

Martian Willow
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:35 PM
...there have been several threads in the past where people have posted uploaded videos, but none of those got locked...if copyright was the problem it would have been more logical to remove the link...I thought the first thread got locked because it had turned into a discussion of Rebeccas' intelligence and literary skills... :)

spencercarlos
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:38 PM
I'm not a moderator but I think I can answer you. Uploading videos into a forum like this one is normally a violation of copyright laws. So I wouldn't get paranoid about it if I were you. In other terms don't start thinking you've been censored for the kind of message you wanted to convey
Im not uploading anything to this site, i just made a link public which is on my site, and the videos were recorded from me and im not selling them. So i dont think im violating any copyright law LOL.

hingis-seles
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:42 PM
The thread has been moved but not been replied to......:tape:

spencercarlos
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:45 PM
The thread has been moved but not been replied to......:tape:
Well it was probably the same one who closed the threads. Oh well. I move on! :wavey:

Hulet
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:45 PM
.it had turned into a discussion of Rebeccas' intelligence and literary skills... :)
Da*n, I missed that thread, I enjoy those discussions. :)

Anyways, good thing that I downloaded the video clips in the second thread. Thanks petosp.

Kanji
Mar 1st, 2004, 06:19 PM
I am not the one that closed the thread but, after reading it and noticing the way it became a personnal fight between posters, I would have closed it myself if it wouldn't have already been done...

As for the second thread, it is usually a bad idea to start over a thread that has been closed. If itís been closed, itís for a reason. In that present case, the second one would have almost certainly end up the same way as the first one.

The Crow
Mar 1st, 2004, 06:59 PM
Just to clear up something: I moved this thread but I wasn't the one who closed the other threads, so I couldn't really comment.

Kanji's explanation seems valid though ;)

spencercarlos
Mar 1st, 2004, 07:45 PM
Thank you the Crow, yes i understand i should have posted this thread on this Forum :)..
BTW i don`t think my video post was trying to attack someone, in fact it was Crazy Canuck who came with that "im so smart" attitude which in fact i told people to ignore in the thread.

I posted the video because many people actually did not see it before and i posted saying "see and make your own opinion".
Anyway i think this ends up i dont even want to know who closed the thread now, the lesson is already learned.
:wavey:

- L i n a -
Mar 1st, 2004, 07:47 PM
You like that attitude though :p

hingis-seles
Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:35 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. I opened the second thread because I really wanted to view those videoclips. :confused:

Mattographer
Mar 2nd, 2004, 10:52 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. I opened the second thread because I really wanted to view those videoclips. :confused:
Ask petosp to get the video clip via email or MSN or whatever he can send it to you.

F-R-E-A-K
Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:15 AM
Ask petosp to get the video clip via email or MSN or whatever he can send it to you.
That is unfair though, I dont want to watch it through MSN or Email.

I want to view the video on WTAworld, its much easier for me and then I can share my opinio with other users on the board, isn`t that the whole point of Petosp posting it? ;) :D :p

Kanji and Crow thanks for your explanations, you always are good to us, unlike other mods :worship:

Justineladivine
Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:30 PM
Im not uploading anything to this site, i just made a link public which is on my site, and the videos were recorded from me and im not selling them. So i dont think im violating any copyright law LOL.

I'm sorry but you are. You didn't make that video with your own camera, did you? You actually taped it from a broadcast of the match didn't you? Then it's the property of the TV network that originally showed it. In thery you're not even allowed to show a picture of someone or reproduce anything publically without the copyright owner ' consent. The fact that you are not charging anything for this is purely irrelevant. What you're doing is called pirating. And if other videos even from a link are shown on this forum this is in violation of all copyright laws. So much for your LOL

- L i n a -
Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:51 PM
Justineladivine is right.

However, the moderator who closed this should have given a reason.

spencercarlos
Mar 2nd, 2004, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry but you are. You didn't make that video with your own camera, did you? You actually taped it from a broadcast of the match didn't you? Then it's the property of the TV network that originally showed it. In thery you're not even allowed to show a picture of someone or reproduce anything publically without the copyright owner ' consent. The fact that you are not charging anything for this is purely irrelevant. What you're doing is called pirating. And if other videos even from a link are shown on this forum this is in violation of all copyright laws. So much for your LOL
Ok thank you for the clarification, i already had talked the subject with Evanescence and i will see what to do about it.
Anyway the thread was closed, diferent from deleted, so i think it was closed to prevent any fight among Justine/Serena fans.

Already moved on from this! :wavey: