PDA

View Full Version : NASDAQ wild cards

tenpal101
Feb 28th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Let see here...

Carly Gullikson is stinking the bomb and she is with Octagon so she is definately not playing well enough now.

Jamea Jackson, doing better this year. She may get one for qualifying. She is yet to prove she can beat top 100 players

Megan Falcon, ofcouse with the result in Bogota against 2 top WTA 100 players, she will get one. Maybe good if she plays qualifying. I would like to see her at Indian Wells main actually and NASDAQ. The spanish people would love her.

CoryAnn Avants, she always gets some. I don't know much about her

Kirkland, she should get at least one for main in Indian Wells or NAsdaq

Uberoi, she should also get one for NAsdaq. She was finalist of ORange Bowl
That was awsome!!

Aly Baker, so over rated. She should go and play some matches in 10's and 25's. She is not improving at all

Haynes, She is good too, but she maybe gets in with her own ranking.

Vadisova, she will get one for main for both I bet. She trains at IMG and is winning 25 and doing well at 50 and 75's. I don't think she is playing as good as Falcon now, but it would be fun to see.

I would love to see Vadisova and Falcon play the Nasdaq junior event this year.

Shua PEng, I am not a fan off. the girl beat no one to get her ranking. She just did very well in easy tournaments in China which was one week one and one week off. She needs to get in shape man, she doesn't even look like a tennis player. She looks like a baboshka

Golovin ofcourse, she is done so well. Not a good worker from what I here, but great result.

Harklroad should take a vacation with her boy friend Alex. She seems dead on the court and off the court. I saw her during Orange Bowl, she seemed so much in a daze.

I say 100% Falcon, Vadisona, Golovin, Kirkland,

75% Jamea Jackson for qualifying of at least one event of the two

50% Gullikson to help her defend some points I guess

25% Shua Peng (that would be so stupid)

5% Shahar Peer (good results in Asia but really doesn't have the game to play at this level

Go Falcoln, Vadisova, and Golovin

MAURO
Feb 28th, 2004, 05:44 PM
and Dulko?

she deserves one

selesfan1
Feb 28th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Why exactly would the Spanish people like Falcon?

tenpal101
Feb 29th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Why exactly would the Spanish people like Falcon?

For one she is half spanish. The other reason is that she has shown a different kind of respect and spoke in spanish to the press and newspapers.

When she was asked why did you choose Bogot, Colombia for your first WTA debut? She said, I never thought about that, but Ive always had a connection to the people and culture. I feel very good around this environment.

When asked about Fabiola Zuluaga? She said that she was great for Colombia and a great motivation and roll model for all women athletes in South American

She speaks very calculated. I guess this is where her upbringing and education shows. I would have loved to see her play for a top college for a year. She is too smart.

Yoel etc.
Feb 29th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Shahar Peer was interviewed today on Israeli radio and she said that she was told today (following her winning the $25 at Bendigo) that she will get a WC to NASDAQ-100 qualifying.

:)

rfs1999
Feb 29th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Where's Monica!

spiceboy
Mar 1st, 2004, 12:31 AM
Vadisova, she will get one for main for both I bet. She trains at IMG and is winning 25 and doing well at 50 and 75's. I don't think she is playing as good as Falcon now, but it would be fun to see.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vaidosova is muuuuuuuuuch better than Falcon :cool:

spiceboy
Mar 1st, 2004, 12:41 AM
Shua PEng, I am not a fan off. the girl beat no one to get her ranking. She just did very well in easy tournaments in China which was one week one and one week off. She needs to get in shape man, she doesn't even look like a tennis player. She looks like a baboshka

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Shuai won that $50K tournament in China at the end of last year beating top 100 Zheng in the final...at the same time Falcon was having her 7th straight loss, this time in a $10k tournament in Caracas against a local WC :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the Chinese's got victories this year over Cargill, Pelletier, Díaz Oliva or red-hot McCain...for a junior player who 'doesn't even look as a tennis player' she's done more than well I think :angel:

Spain-Moonballer
Mar 1st, 2004, 02:20 AM
I think someone here smoke marijuana :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Falcon better than Vaidisova :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Let see here...

Carly Gullikson is stinking the bomb and she is with Octagon so she is definately not playing well enough now.

Jamea Jackson, doing better this year. She may get one for qualifying. She is yet to prove she can beat top 100 players

Megan Falcon, ofcouse with the result in Bogota against 2 top WTA 100 players, she will get one. Maybe good if she plays qualifying. I would like to see her at Indian Wells main actually and NASDAQ. The spanish people would love her.

CoryAnn Avants, she always gets some. I don't know much about her

Kirkland, she should get at least one for main in Indian Wells or NAsdaq

Uberoi, she should also get one for NAsdaq. She was finalist of ORange Bowl
That was awsome!!

Aly Baker, so over rated. She should go and play some matches in 10's and 25's. She is not improving at all

Haynes, She is good too, but she maybe gets in with her own ranking.

I would love to see Vadisova and Falcon play the Nasdaq junior event this year.

Golovin ofcourse, she is done so well. Not a good worker from what I here, but great result.

Harklroad should take a vacation with her boy friend Alex. She seems dead on the court and off the court. I saw her during Orange Bowl, she seemed so much in a daze.

I say 100% Falcon, Vadisona, Golovin, Kirkland,

75% Jamea Jackson for qualifying of at least one event of the two

50% Gullikson to help her defend some points I guess

25% Shua Peng (that would be so stupid)

5% Shahar Peer (good results in Asia but really doesn't have the game to play at this level

Go Falcoln, Vadisova, and Golovin

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 1st, 2004, 04:03 AM
this thread is pretty funny-- Falcon is not half as good Nicole Vaidisova, though she's nice.

normally IMG gives out WC's to its best juniors plus some home players.

PointBlank
Mar 1st, 2004, 04:14 AM
Kirkland is a toally good player ... I agree with that WC

I think Shahar should get a MD w/c , but I guess a Q w/c is also good ... she has the game for this

azza
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:18 AM
Sesil Karentecheva

Steveg
Mar 1st, 2004, 06:33 AM
this thread is pretty funny-- Falcon is not half as good Nicole Vaidisova, though she's nice.

normally IMG gives out WC's to its best juniors plus some home players.PENG Shuai and Tatiana GOLOVIN are under IMG if not mistaken ;) ...

tenpal101
Mar 1st, 2004, 06:57 AM
If she was so much better, then why did there two set match last almot two hours at Orange Bowl. Falcon was up 3-0 and 3-1 in second set.

I think Falcon and Vadisova would be a juicy match. They don't like each other and they didn't even shake hands after the match. I hope they get to play each other at NASDAQ

tenpal101
Mar 1st, 2004, 07:00 AM

normally IMG gives out WC's to its best juniors plus some home players.

Im sorry to say that you are so wrong. Falcon is playing better than any junior player today. In December she was neck to neck with great players like Vadisova, but now she is playing a solid top 75 WTA level.

tenpal101
Mar 1st, 2004, 07:04 AM
Did you all know that

Falcon defeated Peer at Roehampton 6-1 6-2

Don't get me wrong, I think Peer is doing well. With that forehand she will be limited.

Vadisova and Falcon all the way

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 1st, 2004, 10:36 AM
one match doesnt make a player
Megan falcon will do well do break into Top 200

She's also 3 yrs older than Vaidisova.
should they play now, Nicole will probably roast her in 45 mins.

"Megan playing better than any junior player today" :haha: thats the biggest laugh i've seen since Alexandra Stevenson said she was gonna win Wimbledon.

Shahar Peer's game isnt suited to grass, neither was Megan's.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 1st, 2004, 10:38 AM
PENG Shuai and Tatiana GOLOVIN are under IMG if not mistaken ;) ...Steve so are

Kirilenko, Vaidisova, Kutuzova, Karatancheva, Ivanovic and plenty more.

no wonder they putting up a junior event this yr.

Whatzup
Mar 1st, 2004, 02:49 PM
Wich tournaments belong to IMG and wich to Octagon? I want to know when Michaela Krajicek finally gets her first WC.. :D

mishar
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:56 PM
Vaidasova took a wc in Acapulco, and is only allowed one until she turns 15.

tenpal101
Mar 1st, 2004, 06:43 PM
My girlfriends best friend knows Falcon and she said that her coach wants her to play the two California smaller challengers instead of Indian Wells and she may play NASDAQ, and if she does it will be the qualifying.

I think that is a wise decision by her or her coach. She needs some more work. I think last weeks result was over whelming and she needs to get back on the practice court.

I still hold my words to Falcon playing better than any junior today. At least one of the best. Just think about it for one second. beating a top 100 WTA player and going 3 with Cervanova who went 3 with Hennin last year.

I don't care what you think, that is pretty damb good.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 1st, 2004, 06:48 PM
Vaidasova took a wc in Acapulco, and is only allowed one until she turns 15.
She didnt take a WC
she got the "feed-up" for finalist in Midland, cos Craybas didnt take it, anyway she didnt need it or is playing.

Rising Sun
Mar 1st, 2004, 06:53 PM
My girlfriends best friend knows Falcon and she said that her coach wants her to play the two California smaller challengers instead of Indian Wells and she may play NASDAQ, and if she does it will be the qualifying.

I think that is a wise decision by her or her coach. She needs some more work. I think last weeks result was over whelming and she needs to get back on the practice court.

I still hold my words to Falcon playing better than any junior today. At least one of the best. Just think about it for one second. beating a top 100 WTA player and going 3 with Cervanova who went 3 with Hennin last year.

$50K Orange is on the 2nd week of Indian Wells, while $25K Redding is on the 1st week of Nasdaq. :confused:

paul_masterton
Mar 1st, 2004, 07:02 PM
falcon will be lucky to make a career as a top 250 player

she's pretty useless.

any player can have a couple (or 1) good wins a year/in their career and beat girls who 99 time sout of 100 would cane them in under an hour (cough weingarter vs jennifer cough - note im not comparing marlene to megan. marlene is good but is not in the same league as girls in top 20, jsut as meghan isnt in the same league as girsl ranked in the top 100)

mishar
Mar 4th, 2004, 05:14 AM
She didnt take a WC
she got the "feed-up" for finalist in Midland, cos Craybas didnt take it, anyway she didnt need it or is playing.

Does that mean she can play another WTA tourney before she turns 15?

Yak
Mar 4th, 2004, 06:04 AM

That is the worst argument I've ever seen :lol: She went 3 sets with Cervanova who went 3 sets with JHH :lol::lol::lol: Who cares if she went to 3 sets with JHH last year

It's like me saying Anna K will beat Serena because she beat Graf in 98 :lol: It's a useless argument and it's also very dumb and :lol:

Falcon would probably lose to Flipkens, Krajicek, Peer, Kleibanova and even Stephanie Dubois or maybe even Julia Cohen :lol: Ok maybe not Cohen :lol::lol: You're a funny guy! Keep posting :lol:

Go Megan and tenpal101 :yeah:

Andrew.
Mar 10th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Hmmm....I'm thinking that depending on how they do at Indian Wells, either Davenport or Henin-Hardenne will ask for a WC.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Mar 10th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Does that mean she can play another WTA tourney before she turns 15?
She can take 1 wild card for either the main draw or qualifying of a WTA event. She has 3 more challenger events that she can play as well. She may also play French Open, Wimbledon, and US Open qualifying if her ranking is good enough at the time (she's ranked #205, which I'm pretty sure is good enough now, and presumably her ranking isn't going to go down)

Glenn
Mar 14th, 2004, 09:06 AM
What about Kutuzova, Karatancheva and Kleybanova? :sad:

tenn_ace
Mar 14th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Falcon good? if she ever breaks into top 50, I will eat my computer...

Glenn
Mar 14th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Falcon good? if she ever breaks into top 50, I will eat my computer...
:lol:

I know, she sucks.