PDA

View Full Version : DFS Classic-Birmingham (7-13 June)

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 27th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Its a bit early yet but who cares :p

tickets gone on sale from NEC Box Office (doing it online will cost u 1.50 for each day cos you cant get a weekly one online, best to ring up the LTA number below)
http://boxoffice.necgroup.co.uk/perreq.asp?AreaID=1&VenueID=PRIORY&EventID=DFS04

or ring 0870 909 3015 (same # for ATP Nottingham)

LTA Members can get weekly package for 35 (plus 1.50 handling charge)
its alot better to get this, even if you dont go all week.

For non-LTA members its 50 for week (plus 1.50)

buying separate tickets will cost you around 80sh.

Pdm1987
Feb 27th, 2004, 04:54 PM
I will be going on the qualifying Saturday and the semi-final Saturday :)

And if we are still off school for "study-leave" and I don't have any exams, I might go sometime during the week ;)

Pdm1987
Feb 27th, 2004, 04:58 PM
I was looking at the prices on the internet, and the prices for Edgbaston are very similar to those of Surbiton :eek: I will probably be going to Surbiton this year (school hols) but am digusted by the prices for a $25k Challenger compared to a Tier 3 WTA event!

bluepastures
Mar 4th, 2004, 08:22 PM
I'll be going on the qualifying Saturday & Sunday (which are free-of-charge). Never attend the final weekend, since down at Eastbourne for the qualifiers there.

Incidentally, Surbiton is free-of-charge Saturday - Monday (bank holiday).

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 18th, 2004, 09:33 PM
BP
you found any "cheap" hotels yet ??

looked around and not got anything like last yr :(
will wait around and see if i can get a good deal otherwise its gonna be in City Centre.

crazillo
Mar 19th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Hopefully Maggie can defend her title. She is so sweet and fun to watch.

paul_masterton
Mar 19th, 2004, 02:11 PM
doubt i'll be making the trip again this year, which is a shame as i had a lot of fun last year - even if Lucie played a bad match against Yoshida and all the other brits got humped

bluepastures
Mar 19th, 2004, 11:11 PM
I'm staying in the Briar Rose Wetherlodge in the city centre, where I also stayed for the Tipton 10k earlier this year. Not cheap (40 per night), but they have really nice rooms, and the pub underneath is great.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 20th, 2004, 10:59 AM
oh thanx bp... gonna wait another 2 weeks or so then find one.
this time gonna be in city centre i hope.

Pdm1987
Mar 25th, 2004, 06:40 PM
My Semi-Final Tickets are booked :D :D

cooolconchita
Mar 27th, 2004, 07:19 PM
I'll be going again, just hope the weather will be good to us this year. The tuesday last year was just dreadful weather, best moments for me though were watching Martina Nav practising, watching Daja Bedanova (although she lost :mad: ), and bumping into Maggie in the pouring rain, she was eating one of those lovely crepes they sell and had chocolate sauce all round her mouth - bless! :)

Will probably be going on the semis day this year, see you guys all ther i hope! :)

Monica_Rules
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Whats really pissed me off is that all my uni exams are the same week as this tournament!:mad:

As i have 2 weeks before to revise though i might go to qualifying on the saturday.

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 6th, 2004, 04:18 PM
I'm staying in Comfort Inn, in the City Centre this time :wavey:

paul_masterton
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:30 PM
lol i styaed there last year - do not eat at the hotel restaurant, not nice. and it's not quite city centre if its the same one was in. very clsoe to club though, like a 10min walk, but i had to bus it into city centre to get on-line and get my mcdonald's for my tea, lol.

cooolconchita
Apr 7th, 2004, 09:21 PM
As usual, looks like wtaworld will be out in force at Edgbaston!!! :)

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 8th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Paul........ this Comfort Inn is right next to the Birmingham New St station :)
not the one on Hagley Road.

Gonna be there for most if not all the tourn, at least till semis.

i just hope Mr Bean (Orange Hat Guy) doesnt turn up :tape:

paul_masterton
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:31 PM
omg another reason not to go. i'm sure he's probabl;y in jail by now for harrassment or some form of axe murder, lol