PDA

View Full Version : From a Jenn fan and on behalf of the others...

Snuffkin
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:29 PM
CONGRATS TO VENUS ON BECOMING NUMBER 1!!!

No one could ever deny that Venus deserves to be ranked number, although with some of the people on this board, I dare say some may find a reason to question it. Nonetheless, getting to number one is an incredible achievement, especially when you consider those who have and those who haven't got the numero uno position.

I know that perhaps some of you guys have different views on my fave, than I do, but in an attempt to keep peace and recognise Venus' play, I thought I would just nip in to the forum and wish you all well. As disappointed as I am that the ranking is going, at least I cannot deny that the new incumbant is worthy of it. Whatever you think of Jenn, she's part of that elite list, of which Venus will soon be a member.

Enjoy the ranking. Be proud.

Number 10...

nikita771
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:37 PM
That was an excellent post. You're right - personal opinions about players do not take away the incredible feat that these women accomplish by reaching #1. It's something to be proud of and I respect any player that can come out on top.

veryborednow
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:38 PM
Ditto - The number 1 ranking should be Venus' for a VERY long time considering she has 2 points to defend at the french compared to Jen's 900 something.

Well done Venus :)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Jovon
Feb 18th, 2002, 10:25 PM
I totally agree with everything that was said!:)

Thanks for the thread!:)

victory1
Feb 19th, 2002, 02:26 AM
Thanks for this thread guys :wavey: it made me smile:)

Linton
Feb 19th, 2002, 05:33 AM
I thought it was 650 points 900 True

Williams Rulez
Feb 19th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Thanks for this lovely thread! Jennifer fans are classy! :kiss:

V.S.
Feb 19th, 2002, 11:55 AM
;) Thanks guys!!!!!!:wavey:

RAA
Feb 19th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Yes, I agree. The only small remorse I had about Venus becoming #1 is that she had to take it from Capriati. I was hoping she would overtake someone else who was hanging on by the skin of her teeth...
Ruth in philly pa usa

Carlitos
Feb 19th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Nice idea to post such a thread!
And good to see that there are members on this board that can think objectivly!!!:D

BTW:Venus reallly deserves #1!:kiss: