PDA

View Full Version : Patty & Barbara Shett

Purple_Llama
Feb 25th, 2004, 06:01 AM
I was just wondering when Patty & Babs first became friends? It seems through all the turmoil of Patty's past,she has kept Barbara close in her inner-circle,so I was just wondering about the history of their friendship? :)
http://www.patty-schnyder.com/paris048.jpg

*JR*
Feb 25th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Babsi wants 2B a psychiatrist after she retires, so this is her internship! :p

vogus
Feb 25th, 2004, 06:35 PM
I tend to view Schett as an even BIGGER headcase than Patty, and not as a stabilizing influence on her. Like i said in the other thread, i kind of wish that Patty would find a different doubles partner, although it's hard to criticize a team that just won a tournament in straight sets. If they keep playing like that together i guess i'll just have to grin and bear it. But remember that doubles partnership does not necessarily = friendship, especially when dealing with women's tennis.

*JR*
Feb 25th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Babsi is the closest "friend" Patty Possibly has in the world, not just The Tour (Rainer's Rules)! Manu Says She's a Peppermint Pal, but I think She Sorta feels sorry for the Bottimgen Brat. :(

Purple_Llama
Feb 25th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Yeah from what I've heard they are pretty close friends.I remember reading that Babs,felt that Patty was feeling very lonely on the tour & that's why she felt that Patty had hooked up with RainMan #1.
It just seems to be me,while Patty has pushed others away,I wonder why Babs has remained so close.Maybe she doesn't offer an opinion on Patty's personal life?
I don't even know much about Barbara,apart from the obvious,but I've never heard that she's a headcase...........yet : P

Rothes
Feb 28th, 2004, 06:20 AM
As long as Patty is getting comfort out of the friendship, thats all it matters.

*JR*
Feb 28th, 2004, 01:47 PM
As long as Patty is getting comfort out of the friendship, thats all it matters.
Even if the (no doubt well-meaning) Person Perpetuates Problem?

Rothes
Mar 3rd, 2004, 12:14 AM
Enough with your assonance and repition of Consonants!!

**Carry crocodile craves candy** :rolleyes: P this and P that!

Purple_Llama
Mar 3rd, 2004, 04:11 AM
Why do I find this amusing? :lol: Sorry!

*JR*
Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:17 PM
Why do I find this amusing? :lol: Sorry!
Peppermint Puzzle Perpetually Provocative. ;)

Rothes
Mar 5th, 2004, 02:24 AM
Just because you use large words doesn't mean you have a large brain.

*JR*
Mar 5th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Correct, Rothes. In fact I'd much rather let Danny Schnyder vouch for my intelligence, based on the academic mentoring I give him periodically. (As per his Wishes, We Don't Discuss his "family business").

Rothes
Mar 6th, 2004, 12:16 AM
sure, whatever :)

*JR*
Mar 6th, 2004, 04:29 PM
sure, whatever :)
Once again, I challenge you to let Sarah, aka inkyfan (Who Worked With Danny on a PP site B4 "the Rainers" came along) confirm it with him.

See, Rothes, unlike you, I consider "tennis people" (players, coaches, writers, relatives, tour employees, etc.) 2B simply ppl involved in a profession that gets a lot of public attention (though far less than some other sports).

So to me, Danny is just a young man in college (majoring In International Relations) who I occasionally Answer Academic questions from. (I don't write his papers OR tell him what viewpoint To Take, its more "dissecting the questions").

If you Can't Comprehend the fact that "people you've heard of" Aren't All that different Than The rest of us, sorry, that's your problem. :rolleyes:

Rothes
Mar 6th, 2004, 11:48 PM
Ok sure Roger, whatever you say :)

vogus
Mar 7th, 2004, 05:56 AM
that was a really nice Patty website that inky did, "Pure Patty Power". Remembering it takes me back to a different era of being a Patty fan. On the front page inky had this great picture of Patty smiling and holding the '99 Gold Coast trophy. Too bad Greeny's not here to share my sloppy sentimentality...

*JR*
Mar 7th, 2004, 01:12 PM
that was a really nice Patty website that inky did, "Pure Patty Power". Remembering it takes me back to a different era of being a Patty fan. On the front page inky had this great picture of Patty smiling and holding the '99 Gold Coast trophy. Too bad Greeny's not here to share my sloppy sentimentality...
Greenout Posts Periodically, if that's who you mean. BTW, IC that Rothes' Religious order has adopted a new "chant" (see her last 2 posts). She's the proverbial "deer caught in the headlights" who gets checkmated, and then wants to pretend she never played to begin with.

What's really sad is that when swissfan (unfairly) accused Rothes of being essentially "mind-controlled" By Blick, I staunchly defended Rothes' Right to simply disagree. But now this Craven Coward won't even accept my simple challenge re. "verification". :rolleyes:

Rothes
Mar 9th, 2004, 11:50 PM
*yawn* No one cares about it Roger and know one here likes you :) Toodles :wavey:

*JR*
Mar 10th, 2004, 01:13 AM
*yawn* No one cares about it Roger and know one here likes you :) Toodles :wavey:
Nor did I ever brag about that. But you questioned my honesty and ran like a bitch when I challenged you to let Sarah verify it (OR call her a liar, too). Funny how your religious "passion for truth" came to a full stop.

So the day you can Find Fault with my helping Danny understand Complex College questions, do post same! And unlike you, I am who I am whether a :eek: tennis player or her family And Associates Are named or not!

Rothes
Mar 11th, 2004, 01:56 AM
:) Sure thing

switz
Mar 11th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Nor did I ever brag about that. But you questioned my honesty and ran like a bitch when I challenged you to let Sarah verify it (OR call her a liar, too). Funny how your religious "passion for truth" came to a full stop.

So the day you can Find Fault with my helping Danny understand Complex College questions, do post same! And unlike you, I am who I am whether a :eek: tennis player or her family And Associates Are named or not!

nobody cares about your insane ravings. you need help. you are the most annoying person i have dealt with and although you try to pass yourself as supremely intelligent and moral i have to tell you that you really sound like the leader of a cult. i've got it!! you're actually rainer harnecker and you hate hofmann so much because he stole patty away from you.

Purple_Llama
Mar 11th, 2004, 11:45 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

*JR*
Mar 11th, 2004, 01:06 PM
nobody cares about your insane ravings. you need help. you are the most annoying person i have dealt with and although you try to pass yourself as supremely intelligent and moral i have to tell you that you really sound like the leader of a cult. i've got it!! you're actually rainer harnecker and you hate hofmann so much because he stole patty away from you.
Any time you're ready to substitute reason for wild characterizations re. this, I'll be happy to read it (whether I agree or not).

Rothes
Mar 12th, 2004, 03:12 AM
You know Switz, I tend to agree with you about the Harnecker thing, Roger it's time to give your juice diets to another maiden because Patty is OVA you :) :wavey:

*JR*
Mar 12th, 2004, 11:05 AM
You know Switz, I tend to agree with you about the Harnecker thing, Roger it's time to give your juice diets to another maiden because Patty is OVA you :) :wavey:
Frankly, I have no attraction to said player, and never had. Ironically (and this can be verified with Iris and Willy Schnyder) I'm far more like Hofmann (personality-wise only!) than like Harnecker. :o

Which is not the real issue, of course. I accept the fact that Others On this board familiar with all this (except swissfan, who I still feel makes unfair charges re. those who disagree with him) want to ovalook the scandal.

I don't, and have made clear any # of Times That Hofmann is merely one more case of the WTA choosing not to concern itself with ethics. And I've posted on the others (like the Elke WC's) plenty. You have your priorities, I have mine.

casanovalover
Mar 14th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Frankly, I have no attraction to said player, and never had. Ironically (and this can be verified with Iris and Willy Schnyder) I'm far more like Hofmann (personality-wise only!) than like Harnecker. :o

Which is not the real issue, of course. I accept the fact that Others On this board familiar with all this (except swissfan, who I still feel makes unfair charges re. those who disagree with him) want to ovalook the scandal.

I don't, and have made clear any # of Times That Hofmann is merely one more case of the WTA choosing not to concern itself with ethics. And I've posted on the others (like the Elke WC's) plenty. You have your priorities, I have mine.

you're so funny. every post i read just cracks me up.

*JR*
Mar 15th, 2004, 01:11 PM
you're so funny. every post i read just cracks me up.
Glad to entertain you. If only it weren't So Sad for the Schnyders, who "did the right thing" to rescue their daughter from Harnecker; only to have the "knight-in-shining-armor" be a Career Conman who really wanted The Then 20 y.o. "major prospect" as compensation, not what the parents could pay. :(

casanovalover
Mar 16th, 2004, 10:47 AM
her parents are idiots. her father obviously did a shit job bringing patty up and hence she looks for a father figure in these older men. they are now paying the price.

*JR*
Mar 16th, 2004, 12:11 PM
her parents are idiots. her father obviously did a shit job bringing patty up and hence she looks for a father figure in these older men. they are now paying the price.
Let's say that were true. How would it justify Hofmann agreeing to free her from Harnecker (which he did) and then (if she declined to "go back home" every bit her right @ age 20) NOT:

Realized that getting involved with her would be a flagrant conflict of interest (given that in '99 she was a Slam prospect, etc. worth more in expected $ Than The parents could pay)? BTW, he was still married, and then fathered a child and denied paternity (and withheld child support) until his first wife got a court-ordered DNA test.

After All, he only KNEW PP because said parents retained his services As A detective (not knowing the record of fraud already committed he later pled guilty to).

Rothes
Mar 16th, 2004, 11:43 PM
I havn't being using Patty's Orange Juice (err....Healthy Diet) since Peppermint Puzzle Profound Rainer stuck a Chilli in it
:rolleyes:

*JR*
Mar 17th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Rothes, THAT one I DID NOT WRITE! (I'd swear on a stack of Bibles to It If I wasn't An Agnostic). ;) Seriously, please tell me whether it was here or where? (People have used my "name" B4 By whatever means, and I seriously do appreciate knowing about it). :mad:

Rothes
Mar 17th, 2004, 12:21 AM
It was quoted in St Patricks thread in GM, but it was a quote of another person, PointBlank??

*JR*
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:06 AM
It was quoted in St Patricks thread in GM, but it was a quote of another person, PointBlank??
OK, I'll go look, see about getting it removed, and then PM you about how I think it would have been done. I rarely mention orange juice (or Harnecker) as that's old history now.

BTW, Fingon Can Confirm that in the old (standard, not a page in the forum, as now) guestbook on schnyder.com, there were bogus posts of a sexual nature masquerading as me.

His wife runs that and some others, he runs the Juju (and Babsi, I think) ones there. He would certainly know as he's a Microsoft certified "techie" and your IP displays (2U only) when you go To The board there.

In fact, switz and vogus post there (and occasionally your "friend" swissfan). OK, let me go check this out. BTW, Please PM me next time UC something like that, OK?

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Mar 17th, 2004, 12:45 PM
:haha:

*JR*
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:17 PM
I fail 2C WTF is funny about EITHER:

The fact that Rothes transposed a fake quote here, that she (or any regular here) should have known was that for reasons I PM'd her about.

The (as yet unconfirmed supposition) that PointBlank, who I always thought was "OK" would attempt this, If Indeed he did.

That The fascist mentality here is such that anyone who dares not hold players 2B "a higher species" (me, in this case) is targeted for cheap shots. (In this case, Both By PointBlank or whoever posted and then deleted something I'd never write; AND by Rothes, who didn't either "think critically" or have the decency to presume I might be innocent, and PM me instead)! :rolleyes:

*JR*
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:34 PM
And "for the record" my only post ITT, and the only citation of it:

Brian, I think you meant "Paddy". (Only Patty I know much about in this game ain't no saint)!

Mar 14th, 2004, 04:36 PM #7
jenny161185
yea Jollys right Paddys day this Wednesday

(Rothes, you Better Be fucking sure B4 you make assumptions in the future). :mad:

serenachamp
Mar 17th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Jolly Roger = :lol: :lol: :lol:

Miss_Leo
Mar 18th, 2004, 11:54 AM
The original question posted at the forum was never answered either :lol: :lol: :lol:

Miss_Leo
Mar 18th, 2004, 11:54 AM
PS-I love Joni Mitchell tho : P

*JR*
Mar 18th, 2004, 01:43 PM
PS-I love Joni Mitchell tho : P
Joni is incomparable, like a female Bob Dylan! :worship: BTW, the original question (is Babsi "good for Peppermint Patty") probably has no single "correct answer" but is rather subjective.

griffin
Mar 18th, 2004, 02:01 PM
I havn't being using Patty's Orange Juice (err....Healthy Diet) since Peppermint Puzzle Profound Rainer stuck a Chilli in it
:rolleyes:

(since you're not reading pm's) Rothes, you need to post or pm me a link to the post you claim to be quoting - because the is no such post (by JR or anyone else) in that thread, or anywhere else as far as I can tell - and unlike most posters I CAN see deleted posts. So please point me in the right direction if I'm missing something, or recant.

PointBlank
Mar 19th, 2004, 01:57 AM
I never write about Patty and wtf is this about orange juice :confused:

Rothes
Mar 19th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Your right Roger, The quote was to see you squirm, Pay not attention of it PointBlank, It was a charade between me and another Poster Who I know of personally to see how much Roger would react, and since this Topic went of the boil anyway along time ago, it seems appropiate to do such a thing ;)

*JR*
Mar 19th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Your right Roger, The quote was to see you squirm, Pay not attention of it PointBlank, It was a charade between me and another Poster Who I know of personally to see how much Roger would react, and since this Topic went of the boil anyway along time ago, it seems appropiate to do such a thing ;)
Not only don't you have the common decency to "do the right thing" and say you're sorry, but you falsely used PointBlank's screenname to do it. Uh, isn't one of your Ten Commandments "Thou Shall Not Bear False Witness"? :rolleyes:

So its not me who's gonna "squirm". You recall our brief mutual references to Creedence Clearwater Revival? Well, I'll give you "3 guesses" as to what my favorite song by them is, not that you'll need more than one, I presume. (Last verse, especially).

For all I know, your whole thing about being in some Carmelite Order is just a troll, and you're sleeping with different ppl (male, female, or both) every night. And To Think I defended you re. swissfan? Iris Schnyder was right to dislike you!

Rothes
Mar 19th, 2004, 03:47 AM
*yawn* It amusing seeing you over-reacting like a catty School girl :p ;) the joys of toiling. ;)

Iris Schnyder, why doesn't she like me?? She doesn't even know me hahaha, Imaginging things Roger ;) :P I know a Shrink in Geneve, Markus Kleist whos good with the mind ;)

The more you react Roger the more I love you for it.

*JR*
Mar 19th, 2004, 04:02 AM
*yawn* It amusing seeing you over-reacting like a catty School girl :p ;) the joys of toiling. ;)

Iris Schnyder, why doesn't she like me?? She doesn't even know me hahaha, Imaginging things Roger ;) :P I know a Shrink in Geneve, Markus Kleist whos good with the mind ;)

The more you react Roger the more I love you for it.
I guess Iris Is a better "intuitive" judge of character than I am. Furthermore, your casual "Pay not attention of it PointBlank" substitute for apologizing to (Jordan) for your misdeed is pathetic! :rolleyes:

I extended an "olive branch" 2U in a PM last week about how senseless these skirmishes were. Obviously, my words "fell on deaf ears". And Ignoring It was indeed your privilege. But forgery is not.

Rothes
Mar 19th, 2004, 04:09 AM
You think to much Roger ;) and sometimes you read between the lines to much to try and force arguments that it looks like your observational skills are scary :) hahaha, I like talking to you Roger, your funny! and give me the greatest laugh!

switz
Mar 19th, 2004, 05:00 AM
this is all getting very weird and bloody annoying. can you two just not talk to each other anymore. i hate it when threads become personal cat-fights. JR please just leave this forum. you have the right to say whatever you want in general messages but i think these forums are designed for fans

Rothes
Mar 19th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Ya know Alex'i, Thats why I shall be rude to him in here, The forum here is for a Patty de fanne, JR is not a patty fan, and if he left out of here, which no one wants him here anyway it would be very much thanked for his leaving. He's nothing but an illiterate man.

*JR*
Mar 19th, 2004, 01:46 PM
this is all getting very weird and bloody annoying. can you two just not talk to each other anymore. i hate it when threads become personal cat-fights. JR please just leave this forum. you have the right to say whatever you want in general messages but i think these forums are designed for fans
Alex, I understand your annoyance @ this, and might do as you ask, not for Rothes, but for: you, vogus, Llama, Doris, Lizzy, Sarah, Greeny, etc. (One reason I hadn't was that in GM, threads get swamped by the sheer # of them). Whatever her faults, I agree that PP has a right to a "safe harbor".

So I only ask that when there IS a "Patty Thread" in GM, some of you participate so that it doesn't simply "wither away". Of course none of that excuses Rothes having forged a message, a "child's trick" whereby I could "quote":

I'm going to shoot (fill in the blank) tommorrow @ noon....

Or the hypocrisy of this self-professed devout Catholic admitting to having "borne false witness" as well as USING the screenname of someone else (PointBlank) as "cover" and not even apologizing for that, where this bitch should beg Jordan's forgiveness!

Plus misrepresenting something (except in an obvious satire ala "Locker Room Conversations") presumably totally violating the (express or implied) "rules of conduct" of this board! I never thought Hofmann would look "good by comparison" to a poster from an ethical standpoint, but.....

vogus
Mar 19th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Rothes, do me a favor and speak for yourself when you say stuff like that, you don't have a license to speak for all of us. While it's true that i am sometimes (often) annoyed by JR's rants, i prefer to let him know this myself and not through a spokesman. If as you say, "no one here likes" (wants him here, etc,) JR, they are welcome to tell him that individually, as you and switz have done. Thanx and have a nice day.