PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a pre-qualifying like last year?

PatM04
Feb 24th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Last year there was a pre-qualifier and the winner recived a WC into the qualy draw. Tiffany got to the Semi's last year and I was hoping she might play again this year. Thanks for any info!

Randy H
Mar 11th, 2004, 02:55 PM
I read that the pre-qualifying tournament is being held again this year and is supposedly played from the 9th-12th. Unfortunately haven't seen any results but I wouldn't be surprised if they are around somewhere but haven't had much time to search for them myself.

Hopefully I will get some good results ;)

nkoth
Mar 15th, 2004, 01:15 PM
The pre-qualifying tournament (known as the "Pineapple Classic") is taking place March 13-15...

Anyone have any results or know who's playing in it? All I've heard is Shikha Uberoi is there...

-neil

PatM04
Mar 15th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Well I was hoping that Tiffany would be there but she is playing in California this week so I guess she decided not to this year. Good luck to Shikha if she is playing!

nkoth
Mar 17th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Not sure who won the wildcard from the pre-qual tournament, but I did hear that Shikha won 6 rounds to make the final... but ended up losing. Poor girl.

She's now headed to the Redding qualifiers instead, while her younger sister Neha will play in the Nasdaq qualifiers thanks to her wildcard.

-neil

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 19th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Last year Marie-Eve got the WC and got to the main draw after great wins! She has many points to defend, i hope she played it at least!