PDA

View Full Version : Aussies like kim too much?

malbasdn
Feb 23rd, 2004, 06:57 AM
Pratt won her first WTA title and there were NO any HIGH LIHGTS on any news channel NOTHING.
but Kim won her 20th something and this was all over the news.
POOR Aussie women never get any adverts or promotion
We should know that even if Kim marries Llayton she is not going to give up playing for her country Belgians are too patriotic.
Also there is too much fuss about mens tenns no wonder why aussie women are so shit

broncosven
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:35 AM
WOW !!!

where have you been . . . . .. . if u havent noticed it started long before this - for many years all we hear about it MENS tennis . . . . not that im complaining though . . . . . womens tennis has taken a back seat and totally sux how they are isolated on coverage and updates

in the paper there was a little paragraph on nicoles 1st win . . however there was a few paes on hewitt ach day leading up to and including the title

I dont think aussies like kim to much . . . we dont expect her to do things she didnt want . . . . . . . but hewitt is an influence on her popularity since they are the "tennis darling couple"

Aussie_Kim
Feb 24th, 2004, 09:42 AM
I obviously am a big fan of Kim but I agree there can be a disproportional amount of media attention given to her. Lucky in my paper there was a whole article(with picture) on Nicoles tittle. I think there is just a lot of interest in her from the media as the public (esp those who don't really follow tennis) will still know about her and I guess she is a glamour figure and being so highly ranked??. I know media love to go on about Kim and Lleyton winning matching tittles etc.
It can be annoying how some figures and even certain sports get much more attention. I used to do gym and love watching gym and sometimes check results. Yet when we won our first ever medal at a World Champs last year there was almost nothing reported-only a little bit in the paper- no pictures either. AND this was huge for the team.
I guess it's just like that. Hopefully as Molik and Pratt keep achieveing the interest will grow.