PDA

View Full Version : Sesil Karatancheva

Gowza
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:55 PM
what is she doing this year? she reached like 3 challenger finals last year, and i heard she was getting a wildcard into indian wells? to my knowledge she hasnt yet played a tournament this year (maybe juniors but no challengers or wta) does anyone know when her first tournament will be?

crazillo
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:04 PM
She didnŽt play bc she only can play one more tournament until she turns 15.
I donŽt know about Indian Wells. WeŽll see. I heard she will play the Juniors of Roland Garros and Wimbledon. I hope to see her in action soon.

xcrtbckhnd
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:05 PM
I think she's limited by AER to only playing one more tournament before her next birthday, so she's probably saving it for IW where she did receive a WC.

Gowza
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:07 PM
ah kool, so she got a WC for indian wells. well done sesil! when is her b'day?

xcrtbckhnd
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:09 PM
I think sometime b/t Wimby and USO, but I don't know exactly when...She'll be eligible to play USO I read in another thread, so I'm guessing that her b-day is before then but after Wimby....

Gowza
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:11 PM
just checked the junior website, her b'day is the 8th of august

crazillo
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:11 PM
Yes, i think it is August 22nd or so. I am not sure. She could be able to play the US Open Quali. I am convinced she can qualify.

Elvira
Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:57 AM
When I was looking at some of last year's challenger results, I couldn't help but notice how young she was and her results were quite impressive. It is too bad that there is the age rules on the WTA, because it doesn't give these young players a chance. Hopefully she does well at Indian Wells! :)

Hayato
Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:08 AM
she is like the next Capriati at 14 years and she is one of my fav. players! :)