PDA

View Full Version : Anyone beginning to find Kim annoying?

Sam L
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:43 PM
Not as a person because she's as nice as they come. But as a tennis player. Because I think she's underachieving in slams and overachieving everywhere else and she's HAPPY with that. And that's not right. It is, if you're around 30 and you've never won a slam and you've just been ranked 5-15 all your career, but it isn't if you're in your early 20's has been a few GS finals and has been #1 and know that you have what it takes to be the next great player.

Fact is, even though she's in her early 20's time is running out. The top is crowded and there are many up-and-coming players.

When Martina Hingis went for a few years without slams but was still racking up the year-end championships, Tier I's and was still been the world #1, it was ok in my eyes, because she was already a 5 time grand slam champion. Her place in history was assured already. Anything else she did, she only added to her accomplishments.

But Kim doesn't have that luxury. What's worse, I think she's taking these GS losses too lightly. Hingis used to really get down on herself when she lost those GS finals. She came back eventually but not as quickly as Kim. I mean how long ago was it that she lost the Aussie Open final in a very disappointed fashion and now she's back winning back-to-back tournaments? WTF? If I was her, I'd play less tennis (something I NEVER encourage anyone) but in her case she needs to. And work on her game and try to show her opponents something DIFFERENT for the slams. Save some strategies for the slams. Don't show yourself week in, week out.

What do you think?

Unless of course, she's planning to quit tennis in a few years and she's happy just winning tournaments and making money and doesn't really care about making an impact in tennis history. Then I guess what she's doing is ok.

VeNuS#1LoVa
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:45 PM
I agree 100%, and the best part is, Kim will only win a slam if no top player is in the field. :)

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:49 PM
IMO the best thing for her to do is play. She will win a slam soon and it will all be ok and all of this talk will be over.

Hulet
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:51 PM
There is a lot and lot of time for kim to catch up and even surpass her peers in the slam title count. Especially in the women tour, where a player could transform from a mediocre to a great player. How long did it take Justine to collect three slams? How about Serena? Just under a year? Kim seems to me a very consistent player, and she just has to elevate her level for a few months and, before you know it, she will be counted among the greats.

Besides, if JenCap could come back from the slump she was in and win those slams, why couldn't Kim - who is actually dominating the tour minus two or three players?

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:52 PM
I agree 100%, and the best part is, Kim will only win a slam if no top player is in the field. :)

I think it's more likely that she'll win a slam with Serena as an opponent than with Henin. Serena is insanely better, but Clijsters just plays complete shit against JHH

bigshow21
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:53 PM
Kim is a good tennis player and she will eventually win a GS. I don't find her annoying. There are other people that i definately find more annoying (but i wont mention names). Just give her time and she will win!

Sam L
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:54 PM
There is a lot and lot of time for kim to catch up and even surpass her peers in the slam title count. Especially in the women tour, where a player could transform from a mediocre to a great player. How long did it take Justine to collect three slams? How about Serena? Just under a year? Kim seems to me a very consistent player, and she just has to elevate her level for a few months and, before you know it, she will be counted among the greats.

Besides, if JenCap could come back from the slump she was in and win those slams, why couldn't Kim - who is actually dominating the tour minus two or three players?The difference is Jenn showed something in that Australian Open 2001 that she's never shown before. Remember, she lost to Hingis in an exhibition a few weeks before that match, but brought her A game to the slam.

That's what Kim needs to do. Maybe she should tank ( :scared: ) a few of the lead-up tournament matches and bring her A game to the slams.

Hulet
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:04 PM
That's what Kim needs to do. Maybe she should tank ( :scared: ) a few of the lead-up tournament matches and bring her A game to the slams.
Definately disagree with that logic. I think those players who perform great for a few slams will soon lose the plot and their reign at the top will be very shot lived. The players, who play at the consistently higher level, and Clijsters is miss consistency, will slowly integrate into their game whatever it takes to be a multi-slam champion. It pains me to say this: but, where is Jenn now? And, how about Serena? They were a one-year, or two-years at most, wonders, but they are gone now. I am pretty sure Justine will also follow this script soon. But, I have a feeling once Kim starts to win slams, she will be there for the long overhaul. Year in and year out. That's because she has been continually building on her, I have to use this word again, consistently high level game. There wouldn't be a sudden rise and drop in her playing style, just slow and small incrementals.

Why the f*ck do I feel like I am talking about stock market? :)

Anyways, my point is that the first slam will be the hardest for Kim but after that she will keep on winning them for long.

j_dementieva27
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:11 PM
i would say wwhat i think about kim, but i always get neg. rep. whenever i do :tape:

lets just say i dont like the girl

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:12 PM
WTF Jennifer Capriati is still around!!! Do you watch tennis. She hasn't won a grand slam for awhile, but she is always hanging around and is still in the top five!!! How can you say where is she now when she is number 5 and played great tennis last year. She will win more tournements this year and will have more slams at the end of her career. I just don't understand how you can say that. Serena is the same way she is hurt and that is why she stopped winning not because she was a 2 year wonder. Jen will be back in just a few short days and will show you along with all of the other people that doubt her that she is a true champion and a true number 1.

CC
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:45 PM
I think Kim's attitude towards her failure at the slams is really cowardly. We all know winning isn't everything, but to come soooo close --- not just once --- has got to be irritating as hell. Instead, she gives the impression it's nothing and she's ok with it. She even mentions retiring soon as if to further impress upon us that she's totally satisfied thus far. Either she is tremendously fake or tremendously gutless.

Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:46 PM
Kim said she was tired at the end of last year. She is now cutting back on doubles tournaments to concentrate on slams

Hulet
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:03 AM
I think Kim's attitude towards her failure at the slams is really cowardly. We all know winning isn't everything, but to come soooo close --- not just once --- has got to be irritating as hell. Instead, she gives the impression it's nothing and she's ok with it. She even mentions retiring soon as if to further impress upon us that she's totally satisfied thus far. Either she is tremendously fake or tremendously gutless.
:confused: So, what you are saying is the fact that Kim didn't cry herself out in a post-match interview after she was dumped out of a slam, and didn't accuse her opponent of 'lying and fabricating' while she was at it, makes her a coward? What good will it do to her?

faboozadoo15
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:05 AM
not annoying, but she does need to start taking the slam losses a little harder. theres no reason she shouldn't have one by now.

Sam L
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:05 AM
no, but i find you very annoying...
Trash, you don't exist in my eyes. Take your shit somewhere else.

for-sure
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:21 AM
Right now Justine and Serena are better players. As simple as that. The thing with Ki is she loves blowing away the 50+ players and then is all surprised when she is in a new situation (how about...DOWN A SET!!)

flyingmachine
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:25 AM
I'm agree with you on that. Kim have look at herself now and say this is not a good situation I have to change.

CC
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:28 AM
:confused: So, what you are saying is the fact that Kim didn't cry herself out in a post-match interview after she was dumped out of a slam, and didn't accuse her opponent of 'lying and fabricating' while she was at it, makes her a coward? What good will it do to her?Talk about paraphrasing with an extreme slant.

No, what I'm "saying" is be real. When you lose a gutwrenching match, whoever you are, it hurts. We don't want to see a melodramatic performance of 'woe is me' but it is annoying when she makes it seem like all is fine and dandy.

But you know, she probably bawls her eyes out behind closed doors anyway.

bandabou
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:09 AM

Besides, if JenCap could come back from the slump she was in and win those slams, why couldn't Kim - who is actually dominating the tour minus two or three players?

:haha: :rolls: and you do believe it do you?! Serena one-year wonder?! Well Iīm sure that her one-year-run is gonna outshine anything Kim ever did for her career. You donīt call a two-time defending Wimbledon and Nasdaq-champion a x-year wonder.....those titles are waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy bigger than anything Kimīs won and may ever win her career!

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:15 AM
:haha: :rolls: and you do believe it do you?! Serena one-year wonder?! Well Iīm sure that her one-year-run is gonna outshine anything Kim ever did for her career. You donīt call a two-time defending Wimbledon and Nasdaq-champion a x-year wonder.....those titles are waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy bigger than anything Kimīs won and may ever win her career!

Well Kim has 2 year end championships titles, including including wins over JHH Serena Venus and the rest of the bunch. I rate those ahead of the Nasdaq tournie. Nasdaq is probably the 5th most important tournament, but the YEC has special importance because every top player is there

bandabou
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:19 AM
Well Kim has 2 year end championships titles, including including wins over JHH Serena Venus and the rest of the bunch. I rate those ahead of the Nasdaq tournie. Nasdaq is probably the 5th most important tournament, but the YEC has special importance because every top player is there

O.k...but Serena still ainīt no one-year wonder...īcause she has won pretty much everything thereīs to win on every surface.

malbasdn
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:26 AM
Overall, Clejsters is an annoying over achiving bi*ch
who cares jelena dokic will kick her ass anyway

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:33 AM
O.k...but Serena still ainīt no one-year wonder...īcause she has won pretty much everything thereīs to win on every surface.

Whoever said that is out of his mind! :eek: I DID NOT SAY THAT, I just said CLijsters titles are not complete crap

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:38 AM
Overall, Clejsters is an annoying over achiving bi*ch
who cares jelena dokic will kick her ass anyway

:D

HOPE SO

WELL IT BETTER BE I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE SHE LEADS DOKIC 6-3 (1 retirement included though) 'CAUSE DOKIC COMPLETELY OWNED THEIR JUNIOR DAYS AND EVERY MATCH SHE LOST TO HER AS A PRO WAS DURING ONE OF HER SLUMPING PERIODS, AND HAVE AN EXPLANATION BASED ON DOKIC BLOWING LEADS EVERY TIME

I like Clijsters. But Dokic... :D

irma
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:52 AM
no Kim is funny.
last year she was complaining that she lost because she played too much and in australia she was complaining that she lost because she played to less;)

I don't think kim takes loses as easy as she tries to make us believe;)

Sharapova's_Boy
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:54 AM
Pfff people who find Kim annoying because she is too nice = P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C. :tape:

Would you rather her run mouth and bring down the integrity of the game? No. I'm sure Kim is upset and dissappointed about her inability to win Grand Slams, but she doesn't choose to show it - therefore showing womens tennis can have good sportsmanship.
Overall What's wrong with her being gracious in defeat?! She should be applauded for the way she has handled herself through her tough losses. Just because she doesn't show emotion on the outside doesn't mean she is angry/upset on the inside.

Udachi Kim. :yeah:

Rtael
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:55 AM
I've always found Kim to be annoying. :shrug:

Kart
Feb 23rd, 2004, 06:35 AM
Not as a person because she's as nice as they come. But as a tennis player. Because I think she's underachieving in slams and overachieving everywhere else and she's HAPPY with that. And that's not right. It is, if you're around 30 and you've never won a slam and you've just been ranked 5-15 all your career, but it isn't if you're in your early 20's has been a few GS finals and has been #1 and know that you have what it takes to be the next great player.

Fact is, even though she's in her early 20's time is running out. The top is crowded and there are many up-and-coming players.

When Martina Hingis went for a few years without slams but was still racking up the year-end championships, Tier I's and was still been the world #1, it was ok in my eyes, because she was already a 5 time grand slam champion. Her place in history was assured already. Anything else she did, she only added to her accomplishments.

But Kim doesn't have that luxury. What's worse, I think she's taking these GS losses too lightly. Hingis used to really get down on herself when she lost those GS finals. She came back eventually but not as quickly as Kim. I mean how long ago was it that she lost the Aussie Open final in a very disappointed fashion and now she's back winning back-to-back tournaments? WTF? If I was her, I'd play less tennis (something I NEVER encourage anyone) but in her case she needs to. And work on her game and try to show her opponents something DIFFERENT for the slams. Save some strategies for the slams. Don't show yourself week in, week out.

What do you think?

Unless of course, she's planning to quit tennis in a few years and she's happy just winning tournaments and making money and doesn't really care about making an impact in tennis history. Then I guess what she's doing is ok.
What makes you think she's happy with not winning slams ? She's hardly about to pour her heart out to the media that are constantly pitting her against Justine. Anyway, her time is not running out that fast. She's going to be a slam contender for several years yet from the point of view of her game. It's her mental approach that's questionable. She needs to take a leaf out of her rival Justine's book and hire a sports psychologist or something.

As for Martina Hingis, she lost her Oz open finals and where was she just a week later ? Winning Tokyo.

Kart
Feb 23rd, 2004, 06:37 AM
That post probably comes across more aggressively than it was meant to sound BTW.

Juju #1
Feb 23rd, 2004, 06:53 AM
Definately disagree with that logic. I think those players who perform great for a few slams will soon lose the plot and their reign at the top will be very shot lived. The players, who play at the consistently higher level, and Clijsters is miss consistency, will slowly integrate into their game whatever it takes to be a multi-slam champion. It pains me to say this: but, where is Jenn now? And, how about Serena? They were a one-year, or two-years at most, wonders, but they are gone now. I am pretty sure Justine will also follow this script soon. But, I have a feeling once Kim starts to win slams, she will be there for the long overhaul. Year in and year out. That's because she has been continually building on her, I have to use this word again, consistently high level game. There wouldn't be a sudden rise and drop in her playing style, just slow and small incrementals.

Why the f*ck do I feel like I am talking about stock market? :)

Anyways, my point is that the first slam will be the hardest for Kim but after that she will keep on winning them for long.

You should state that you're 10 year old so people wouldn't waste their time replying to your posts like I did yesterday in other thread. http://smileys.******************/cat/15/15_5_12.gif

mandy7
Feb 23rd, 2004, 06:55 AM
--Anyone beginning to find Kim annoying?

NO!

Hulet
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:31 AM
http://smileys.******************/cat/15/15_5_12.gif
That hurts. :)

Sam L
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:54 AM
Little girl- don't waste my time, what you really need is a BIG STIFF DICK up your ARSE- if you were getting it up the ass on the regular, you wouldn't be running around the boards incessantly trash talking women- no need to hate on women...I'm glad to see that you respond to someone who doesn't exist in your eyes- you are so pathetic- you asked if someone was annoying and I gave my opinion- YOU:wavey:You stupid bitch, you're also illiterate. So what if I asked Kim was beginning to annoy some people, I didn't ask people for who they find annoying. This thread is about Kim.

You are soooooo pathetic and lacking a life.

I don't hate on women. I love beautiful, classy, talented women like Renee Zellweger and Celine Dion. I hate on trashy, talentless sluts like Beyonce - your idol - :haha: I can see why she's your idol. :eek:

Hulet
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:56 AM
Sam, don't you think that post went a bit farther than it should? Why get so personal?

Sam L
Feb 23rd, 2004, 09:00 AM
Sam, don't you think that post went a bit farther than it should? Why get so personal?She started this whole thing by responding to MY thread with an irrelevant post about ME. --- > I told you she doesn't have a life.

And at least I didn't allude to the fact that I was gay or whatever (so weak!), I just elaborated on the universal truth about Beyonce fans. Everyone knows they're a bit :cuckoo:

:haha:

William Hunt
Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:01 AM
Right now Justine and Serena are better players.Since when is a player who hasn't played since Wimbledon the best ?

The better players at the moment are BOTH Justine and Kim with Myskina not far behind.

No player should get credit for not playing.

drapero
Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:03 AM
Definately disagree with that logic. I think those players who perform great for a few slams will soon lose the plot and their reign at the top will be very shot lived.
:haha: :haha::haha::haha:

The players, who play at the consistently higher level, and Clijsters is miss consistency, will slowly integrate into their game whatever it takes to be a multi-slam champion.
Maybe you could explain what she needs to integrate into her game for a start. And then you could realize that experience of losing GS finals will not help her one bit in the future. Quite opposite...

But, I have a feeling once Kim starts to win slams, she will be there for the long overhaul. Year in and year out. That's because she has been continually building on her
Again, you think something is going to happen right out of the blue. No, Kim needs to make drastic changes in her game and approach (I know she can't). She's playing physically demanding tennis, her body won't hold for long and that's gonna be the end of the story

Trent
Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:22 AM

And you can read her mind and tap into her thoughts to find out that she really doesn't care about loosing grandslam finals, right?

You don't have any idea what she is thinking. Ever thought she's keeping her worst thoughts and feelings to herself rather than displaying them in public like people should?

To find someone anoying because they haven't won a grandslam title when they are well capable of, and they accept that fact very well is one of the worst reasons in my opinon. The fact that she doesn't get all pissy, act like a jerk when she looses, cries or anything like that and instead accept defeat like every goodsportsman should is enough to give me the exact opposite thoughts of her.

Don't be so harsh on her because she has one of the best personalities there can be.

It's not your decision on whether a grandslam is the most important thing in her life either.

crewman31
Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:58 AM
yes

fifiricci
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:11 AM
Anyone beginning to find Kim critics who are desperate to find something to criticise annoying?

:lol:

sartrista7
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:51 AM
I don't think anyone's desperate to criticise Kim... I think that 0-4 Slam final record does the job by itself :tape:

Greenout
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:57 AM
I don't think anyone's desperate to criticise Kim... I think that 0-4 Slam final record does the job by itself :tape:

:haha:

DelMonte
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:58 AM
I thought it was 0-3... Which Slam did I miss :o

french open vs capster
french open vs justine
US open vs justine
aussie open vs justine

Havok
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:43 PM
annoying? no, but :yawn:

Experimentee
Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:06 PM
She cant help winning all these tournaments, especially ones with fields like Antwerp and Paris :o
She didnt beat a top 10 player to win any of those tournaments, yet she needs to beat top 10 players to win Slams. So its not her fault shes racking up all these titles, as she is a level above these players, but still below Justine and the Williams sisters. It wouldnt help if she didnt win all these titles. And I'm sure she was very sad about her final losses.

CC
Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:08 PM
And you can read her mind and tap into her thoughts to find out that she really doesn't care about loosing grandslam finals, right?

You don't have any idea what she is thinking. Ever thought she's keeping her worst thoughts and feelings to herself rather than displaying them in public like people should?

To find someone anoying because they haven't won a grandslam title when they are well capable of, and they accept that fact very well is one of the worst reasons in my opinon. The fact that she doesn't get all pissy, act like a jerk when she looses, cries or anything like that and instead accept defeat like every goodsportsman should is enough to give me the exact opposite thoughts of her.

Don't be so harsh on her because she has one of the best personalities there can be.

It's not your decision on whether a grandslam is the most important thing in her life either.
I am not reading her mind, I am attributing emotions to her that are HUMAN. She acts like those emotions don't exist for her. She is human, isn't she?

flyingmachine
Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:36 PM
:lol: The worst example of Kim's chocked is in the semi final of Wimblendom last year against Venus Williams. I could understand why Serena feel arkward about it but for KIM?? I still have no idea why Kim can't even beat a badly injured Venus :shrug:

flyingmachine
Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:40 PM
However she's not annoying to me.

caramel
Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:51 PM
I donīt find Kim annoying but I canīt stand Justine anymore. It gets quite boring to see her winning all the Grand Slam titles and seeing her in the finals of all the tournaments that she plays and ... obviously... winning the titles too. *yawn*
:devil:

ans
Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:25 PM
Anyone beginning to find Kim critics who are desperate to find something to criticise annoying?

:bigwave:

Trent
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:39 PM
I am not reading her mind, I am attributing emotions to her that are HUMAN. She acts like those emotions don't exist for her. She is human, isn't she?

So someone who doesn't display that they are really anoyed or upset by something like not winning a grandslam title is not human?

You act like she gets on the court, looses, smilies and is just as happy that she lost. Look closser.

CC
Feb 24th, 2004, 01:14 PM
So someone who doesn't display that they are really anoyed or upset by something like not winning a grandslam title is not human?

You act like she gets on the court, looses, smilies and is just as happy that she lost. Look closser.
Ok, next time I will look closer.

tennisluver99
Feb 24th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Kim isn't annoying.

Who I find annoying are the lower ranked players. It's not Kim's fault that they suck!!!

Can't wait for Venus and Serena to get back and challenge Henin and Kim.

Majo
Feb 24th, 2004, 07:39 PM

present! :p

Majo
Feb 24th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Can't wait for Venus and Serena to get back and challenge Henin and Kim.

yeah, I never thought I'd say this but I'm kinda hoping that too...

Pamela Shriver
Feb 24th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Anyone beginning to find Kim annoying?
Pfft she don't come close to me on the annoyance stakes.