PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54

Alizť Molik
Oct 29th, 2007, 04:30 AM
something would have to go very wrong for Vera to not reach at least the SF.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 29th, 2007, 05:18 AM
good luck Vera in Quebec City ;) :)

needs a good run here to end season on a high
a SF would end her at #23 and title at #22

c'mon Bepa ;) :) needs the pts she can gain cos 80 pts to defend in Auckland which are crucial to Aus Open seedings, Vera needs to be in 17-24 bracket.

Harju.
Oct 29th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Good luck Bepa :hearts:.

Paranoia
Oct 29th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I don't find a live scoreboard :confused: Anybody knows where you can find them?

Paranoia
Oct 29th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Final score 6-2 6-2 for Vera ???

Demska
Oct 29th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Vera won 62 64

daniela86
Oct 29th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Congrats Vera :bounce: Solid score :yeah: but as Castano is bad on this surface,I guess Vera didn't have much to do :p
Keep it up Vera :bounce: :bounce:

Epigone
Oct 30th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Bepa :yeah:, but it was expected :p

Good luck in the next round :cool:

pav
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:13 AM
Hell they won the doubles 6 4 6 2!
I just can't believe it
I'm all in a stew
Did Bepa play well?
how did she do?
or was it all done by
a strong playing Tu ??

slk45
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:39 AM
:lol:

Well done, Bepa! :yeah:

Good work, Meilen & Bepa! :bounce: According to the WTA site, it was 3 & 2, but, hey, who's counting? :p

Some of these new smilies are kind of anemic. :(

Keep it going, Bepa! Take this title! :banana:

Vera plays Severine next. GO BEPA!! :bounce: :bounce:

slk45
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:55 AM
good luck Vera in Quebec City ;) :)

needs a good run here to end season on a high
a SF would end her at #23 and title at #22

Vera's match is 2nd evening match on Court Bell tomorrow.

Does anyone know--- will all the QFs be played on Friday? If not, assuming Vera wins the next match, is it likely her QF will be on Friday?

GO BEPA!! :bounce: :bounce:

rrfnpump
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:26 AM
Vera and Meilen should win the doubles title without any problems here, now that 2nd and 4th seeded pairs are also out of the tournament.

Good luck against Bremond today, Vera :)

daniela86
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:21 PM
Well done Vera/Meilen :yeah: :bigclap: :D Keep up! :D Maybe Vera can take both titles :hearts:

Epigone
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:45 PM
Bepa and Meilen :yeah:

Keep it up :cool:

slk45
Nov 1st, 2007, 03:24 AM
Vera wins 6-3, 7-6(6)! :smooch: :hug:

Next up, Craybas or Poutchkova. I've not seen Poutchkova play, but Jill is a crafty player.

Nicole is out, retired at beginning of 3rd set. Lindsay plays hometown girl Wozniack next.

Vera needs to get to the SF to recover the points out from Hasselt (+10).

C'MONNNNN BEPA!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 1st, 2007, 04:42 AM
Bepa ;) :yeah:
Olga is hit and miss, more miss these days.

Fililander
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:58 AM
Well done Vera.:bounce: :bounce:

Harju.
Nov 1st, 2007, 12:37 PM
Keep winning, Bepa :hearts:

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2007, 12:51 PM
One match from the Lindsay SF

daniela86
Nov 1st, 2007, 01:22 PM
Solid win in 2 sets :yeah: :rocker2: :rocker2: Vera beat Craybas twice this year (IW and Auckland) and leads the H2H 3:1 :p but she has never faced Olga. Go Vera :bounce: :rocker2: Reach the SF :bounce: :D Kick ass! :rocker2:

Epigone
Nov 1st, 2007, 05:34 PM
Nice result :clap2:

Keep winning in 2! :dance:

rrfnpump
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM
Vera/Meilen lost to Alves/Jozami 63 46 10-3 :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
most shocking loss for Vera this year, she doesnt know how to play doubles any more... :o

Win the singles then, Bepa :p
(but I am not that confident about that, scorelines doesnt look promising)

daniela86
Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:12 PM
Vera/Meilen :help: :help: :help: This team definitly doesn't work :help:
Good luck tonight against Poutchkova :hug: :hug: Davai! :rocker2:

Paranoia
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Is there a livescore of Quebec?

pav
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:12 PM
Is there a livescore of Quebec?

One that was posted on score thread seems to work.

http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp?lindex=14

Paranoia
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
Thank you very much Pav.

It seems to gonna be a very easy win for Vera 6-2 5-0 :worship:

Paranoia
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:24 PM
Final score: Vera - Olga 6-2 6-1 :bounce:

Congrats Vera :lick: :kiss:

Fililander
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:24 PM
Finally a nice scoreline. 6-2 6-1 Now good luck against Davenport.

goldenlox
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:44 PM
Vera has never beaten Davenport. Now is the time.

Epigone
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:06 PM
Bepa :banana:

Great scoreline :bowdown:

Now for Lindsay...

When I saw Bepa play Lindsay in Sydney in 2004, I thought that she would cruise because she dismantled Lindsay's game in the 1st set. Unfortunately, she went :shout: late in the 3rd set and lost :sad:

However, I think that she will get the job done this time :D

I mean, look what happened when she played Amelie a few weeks ago...:angel:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
Vera ;) :yeah: :D
now go and win your SF

good luck Bepa :) :D

Harju.
Nov 3rd, 2007, 03:28 AM
Congrats Bepa :yeah:

slk45
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:41 AM
Very nice win against Olga, Vera!! :smooch: :hug:
Good luck against Lindsay! Don't worry, you can do it!!
GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

pav
Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
Hell I'd love Bepa to kina that little bugger Jagger Leach's beloved big mommy:)

daniela86
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
Vera :yeah: Very good scoreline :D :banana: Good luck against Lindsay now :) It should be a good match :yeah: I don't think Vera will win,in fact I'd be satisfied if Vera takes a set :yeah: Davai Vera!!! :rocker2:

Fililander
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:08 PM
Disappointing. NO chance to win. :help: :fiery:

slk45
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:30 PM
BEPA!! :sad: :hug: :smooch:

Disappointing. NO chance to win. :help: :fiery:I wouldn't quite say NO chance.

Vera seemed to have a slow start, but fought well thru the 2nd set & tiebreak. Lindsay's serve seemed to be on fire, tho it's hard to tell what was really going on without being able to view it.

That's a respectable scoreline against Lindsay. It would help if stats were available tho.

It would have been great if Bepa could have won this match, and then the tournament. But I think she's done well since coming back. As I posted elsewhere:She made it to 3R at USOpen, losing to Serena after 5 months of not playing.

She had QF at Portoroz and SF at Luxembourg, losing the latter to eventual winner Ivanovic. In Moscow, she made it to QF, taking out Mauresmo for the 1st time in 8 attempts.

She lost in 2R at Zurich to eventual winner #1 Henin.And having to withdraw from Linz with a shoulder injury, she made it to the SF in Quebec.

Vera should end the year at #23.

Have a good rest, Vera, and take care of that wrist. I'll be looking for good results at the AO. :hug:

Epigone
Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:14 PM
:o

Bepa, have a good rest and then come back healthy next year :hug:

daniela86
Nov 4th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I agree with slk45,it's a respectable score :yeah: and Bepa pulled a nice fight :D It's promising :) I'm satisfied and proud of Bepa! :hug:
Good luck in 2008 :bounce: She should definitly be back in the top 20 next year IMO.

Mana
Nov 5th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Vera has done very well this year, considering her injury woes. She finished '06 as #24. If she can play full calender next year, top 15 is on the cards. I want a GS Q/F too please. Ohh...and finally the Auckland title! See you in Jan in Auckland Bepa!!! :hearts:

goldenlox
Nov 14th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Vera finished 2007 at #23. But she's much better than that.
The big question is health. Will her wrists hold up?
Vera will be playing doubles with Anna C. in 2008.

pav
Nov 16th, 2007, 12:50 AM
I wonder if she is returning to Auckland :confused:

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Early this year Vera said she loves that tournament. Doesn't she go to Auckland every year?

slk45
Nov 16th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Early this year Vera said she loves that tournament. Doesn't she go to Auckland every year?Yes, and she mentioned that many players return there year after year. Vera also "outed" the WTA's restructuring plans which apparently would have eliminated that tournament, and saved it in the process, for the time being at least. :yeah:

pav
Nov 17th, 2007, 02:46 AM
Yes, and she mentioned that many players return there year after year. Vera also "outed" the WTA's restructuring plans which apparently would have eliminated that tournament, and saved it in the process, for the time being at least. :yeah:

I forgot about that, the sports news headlines said early the next morning that Russian tennis player Vera Zvonareva had dropped a bombshell last night and I wondered what the hell the little bugger had come out with!but she was on to it!. I think she might come over here just hoping to get a glimpse of me as well :)

slk45
Nov 17th, 2007, 04:09 AM
I forgot about that, the sports news headlines said early the next morning that Russian tennis player Vera Zvonareva had dropped a bombshell last night and I wondered what the hell the little bugger had come out with!but she was on to it!. I think she might come over here just hoping to get a glimpse of me as well :)

If only you are so lucky!!! :D

Did you see this report of the tournament review?
http://www.asbclassic.co.nz/2007/10/02/2007-asb-classic-smashes-all-records/
Jankovic, who beat Vera Zvonareva in a thrilling final, has already broken into the world’s top ten, while Zvonareva is also surging up the rankings, recently taking the scalp of world No1 Maria Sharapova in the process.
Zvonareva, whose comments at this year’s ASB Classic regarding the WTA Tour’s restructure initially provoked some uncertainty over the tournament’s long term future, is delighted at confirmation that WTA want to retain the Auckland event on the calendar.
Zvonareva is a firm fan of the event. “I can’t believe the crowds and the atmosphere here it’s bigger than Tier III and some Tier II events.”

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2007, 05:33 PM
I remember those radio interviews Vera did in January. I hope she does some next January, which is only about 6 weeks away.

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2007, 12:31 PM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9375/07se9.jpg
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2246/06kv7.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9009/02je6.jpg

Fililander
Nov 18th, 2007, 01:56 PM
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Thanks for the pics goldenlox. Could you post them into the picture forum.

goldenlox
Nov 19th, 2007, 04:56 PM
http://t-bm.ru/photos/gallery/2007/11/19/RusCup/03.JPG

Mana
Nov 20th, 2007, 03:49 AM
Bepa looks :hearts::inlove:
The list for Auckland is out tomorrow, I expect Vera to be top seed :)

pav
Nov 21st, 2007, 02:40 AM
Bepa Z's the top seed !
it's enough to make me cheer :)
but I sincerely wish young Jagger leach's
big momma wouldn't come here :mad:

Mana
Nov 21st, 2007, 04:11 AM
Told 'ya ;)
Good luck Vera, I'll be there supporting you again :hearts:

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2007, 04:30 PM
"The depth of the field between 20 and 50 is some of the best we've ever had and will mean it's going to be difficult to pick a winner."
The field is headed by world No 22 Vera Zvonareva, of Russia, who has been ranked as high as No 9 and has five career titles.
In a year blighted by injury, Zvonareva was still able to put in some top performances, including the 2007 Classic final where she was beaten in one of the most dramatic matches of the tournament, eventually losing to top seed Jelena Jankovic 7-6(9), 5-7, 6-3.
There were other top performances throughout the year as the former Roland Garros quarter-finalist reached the fourth round of the Aussie Open, the quarters at Indian Wells, Portoroz, Moscow and semis of Charleston, Luxembourg and Quebec.

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Top seed :yeah:

I hope that she starts the year with a tournament victory :dance: (even if it is in New Zealand :p)

Demska
Nov 25th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Bepa is hoooot. :inlove:

pav
Nov 28th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Top seed :yeah:

I hope that she starts the year with a tournament victory :dance: (even if it is in New Zealand :p)

I noticed that last bit !:)

goldenlox
Nov 29th, 2007, 12:27 AM
I want to hear those radio interviews in January. I told Vera on her website that I really enjoyed her on the radio from Auckland.

pav
Nov 30th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I want to hear those radio interviews in January. I told Vera on her website that I really enjoyed her on the radio from Auckland.
She did a good interview on TV last time with Brenda Perry which I can send a DVD over to that side of the world if you want

goldenlox
Nov 30th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Please tell us what Vera said, that would be good for everyone reading Vera's thread.

goldenlox
Dec 1st, 2007, 11:32 AM
Vera is playing Hobart after Auckland. So she will be a #2 seed there.

slk45
Dec 1st, 2007, 08:31 PM
She did a good interview on TV last time with Brenda Perry which I can send a DVD over to that side of the world if you wantif we want???
Do it!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

pav
Dec 3rd, 2007, 07:54 AM
if we want???
Do it!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Pm an address

Fililander
Dec 5th, 2007, 05:25 PM
New diary entry from Vera

Hello everybody!
Hope all is well with you!
I canít even believe that itís so long time since my last entry in the diary! Time has flown so quickly and I canít believe that Iíve already begun training and preparing for the new season. YES! Now Iím in Tampa, at the same place as in the past year with my coach Sam and Meilin Tu.
Though I missed 4 months because of the injury I consider this season was sufficiently lucky and saturated. Iíve played a good number of matches and had a good deal of excellent victories. Of course, you always want at most and nobody likes to loose but nevertheless I tried my 100 % in every match. It didnít always turn out but on the other hand I have an aim to aspire in the next season.
After Quebec I returned home, in Moscow, and spent all my vacations exactly here. Moscow is something special for me Ėhere is my home, all my friends, familyÖ And so to spend time in Moscow not thinking of injury and tennis was very pleasant! By the way this summer Iíve entered the Diplomatic Academy, so now when I return back home I need to attend all lectures. Donít know if I will pass all the exams Ė however I have no time to attend all lectures but itís not the main thingÖ The main is the knowledge that Iíve been getting here. There are great skillful professors in the Academy and a very friendly group, and so I will try not to fall behind!!!
But now as Iíve said Iím in Tampa. I arrived here the last Sunday and weíve gradually begun our training process. .. For the most part weíre occupied with physical training, but since next week itíll be more tennis. And the first tournament Iím going to participate in will be Auckland (New Zealand) as usual.
See you soon,
Take care of yourself,
Vera

P.S. Yesterday I rooted for our boys in the Davis Cup. Unfortunately, Americans were up to the mark. Itís a pity :sad: But weíll defeat them in the future :) Certainly!!!

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2007, 05:51 PM
That's great to hear. If Vera wanted to, she could train in Moscow and meet up with Sam and Tu in Auckland.
So Vera must enjoy training with them.

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2007, 12:41 AM
I can’t even believe that it’s so long time since my last entry in the diary!Yes! :ras: :pThat's great to hear. If Vera wanted to, she could train in Moscow and meet up with Sam and Tu in Auckland.
So Vera must enjoy training with them.Or she doesn't want to go from freezing Moscow to hot Auckland/Australia ;)

pav
Dec 26th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Bepa here and on the phone with radiosport!
http://radiosport.co.nz/
Audio bank
Week on demand Thursday midnight to midday 700am to 8 am
7.45 to 8.00.
tried it now but still playing last thursday, but will change soon

goldenlox
Dec 26th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the interview. It's good to hear her in Auckland. Lets hope for a healthy year, Vera missed 4 months in 2007.

rrfnpump
Dec 26th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks, pav, and a late merry christmas to my fellow Vera fan down there. :) :)

I cant wait for the season to start. I think Vera's year is going to be good. I just hope she stays away from Lindsay at Auckland. :unsure: But Vera is able to beat Lindsay on a slower hardcourt. We will see. :)

Epigone
Dec 27th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the interview :dance:Russian world number 22 Vera Zvonareva has been a beaten finalist for the past two years and cannot wait for the chance to go one better in 2008. Zvonareva says she is a little tired at present but still has great memories from the previous years.link (http://radiosport.co.nz/SportsNews/spten/Detail.aspx?id=129912)

:unsure:

LudwigDvorak
Dec 27th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Vera was on her way back to the top 20/15 when she got to the Charleston semifinal, then everything went wrong.

I dunno about top 10 but top 15 is a VERY strong chance for 2008. I hope she can win a TI or TII event and reach another slam quarterfinal. :bounce:

But first, Auckland. :armed:

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2007, 10:21 AM
If Vera is tired now, just wait until she plays Auckland Hobart and Melbourne.

slk45
Dec 27th, 2007, 01:50 PM
If Vera is tired now, just wait until she plays Auckland Hobart and Melbourne.At least we hope she'll be tired by the end of that series. :)

Fililander
Dec 27th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I hope the tiredness is due to the preperation and the long flight. :wavey::bounce:

Btw: I heard she was on TV. Is a video available somewhere??

Got it:

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/video_popup_windows_skin/1524310

Mana
Dec 28th, 2007, 08:21 AM
How can you not love this women? Shes all class, with the media & the fans. She says all the right things and seems to have everyone in the world as her friend. Her TV interview tonight was great, I really hope she wins this year :) I will be up there again tomorrow so hopefully she is on the practice court and I can get a couple of pics. Gooo Bepa!!

pav
Dec 28th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks, pav, and a late merry christmas to my fellow Vera fan down there. :) :)

I cant wait for the season to start. I think Vera's year is going to be good. I just hope she stays away from Lindsay at Auckland. :unsure: But Vera is able to beat Lindsay on a slower hardcourt. We will see. :)

Merry christmas to you too! They keep saying here when talking about the ASB Classic that it would be a disaster for the tournament if Bepa draws Lindsay in the first round! I keep thinking about the terrible luck Bepa seems to have in draws:sad:It won't happen will it??

goldenlox
Dec 28th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Vera has a tournament next week. Getting Lindsay early in NZ won't be as bad as drawing Lindsay in round 1 in Melbourne.

pav
Dec 29th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Bepa did alright in the draw! N.Zer Sacha Jones,

Epigone
Dec 29th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Auckland
(1)Vera Zvonareva(RUS) v (WC)Sacha Jones(NZL),
Sofia Arvidson(SWE) v Qualifier,
(WC)Marina Erakovic(NZL) v (WC)Ellen Barry(NZL),
Ashley Harkleroad(USA) v (8)Emilie Loit(FRA),

(3)Katarina Srebotnik(SLO) v Anastasia Rodionova(RUS),
Akiko Morigami(JPN) v Yvonne Meusburger(AUT),
Qualifier v Aravane Rezai(FRA),
Qualifier v (7)Eleni Daniilidou(GRE),

(5)Anabel Medina Garrigues(ESP) v Nicole Pratt(AUS),
Lindsay Davenport(USA) v Laura Granville(USA),
Qualifier v Pauline Parmentier(FRA),
Sara Errani(ITA) v (4)Michaella Krajicek(NED),

(6)Tamira Paszek(AUT) v Yanina Wickmayer(BEL),
Camille Pin(FRA) v Martina Muller(GER),
Meilen Tu(USA) v Klara Zakopalova(CZE),
Kaia Kanepi(EST) v (2)Maria Kirilenko(RUS).

Lindsay is on the opposite side of the draw :yeah:

Take it one match at a time :dance:

rrfnpump
Dec 29th, 2007, 07:42 AM
That is a very nice draw to make the third final in a row at least. :)

But, yes, one step at a time. Good luck, Vera !!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 29th, 2007, 10:22 AM
c'mon Bepa ;) :D :)
nice openers for season.

Shoulderpova
Dec 29th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Masha K will take care of Lindsay :boxing:
C'mon Bepa. Win this one ;)

Paranoia
Dec 29th, 2007, 01:47 PM
First round match is never easy to play!

Success Vera! I wish you the best :kiss:

daniela86
Dec 29th, 2007, 02:36 PM
That is a very nice draw to make the third final in a row at least. :)

But, yes, one step at a time. Good luck, Vera !!!!

I agree :yeah: ;)
Good luck Vera! :rocker2: :rocker2: Hopefully Frankov will be right so Vera will avoid Lindsay :D (she has a good record against Kirilenko so I'd rather see her playing Masha if she reaches the final :p)

slk45
Dec 29th, 2007, 11:39 PM
This is your tournament, Vera! 3rd time's a charm. :yeah:

goldenlox
Dec 31st, 2007, 12:11 AM
Very nice draw

Epigone
Dec 31st, 2007, 06:14 PM
Tuesday, January 1, 2007
Centre Court (from 11.00hrs)
1. Baltacha vs. Daniilidou
2. Zvonareva vs. Jones
3. Errani vs. Krajicek
4. Erakovic vs. Barry
5. Kanepi vs. Kirilenko (NB 19.00hrs)
6. Koryttseva/Osterloh vs. Jans/Rosolska

Good luck!!! :dance:

andrewbroad
Dec 31st, 2007, 08:28 PM
I have just updated Vera's biography on my website:
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/biography.html

It is not a copy of Vera's standard WTA Tour biography, but my own detailed appreciation of her game, followed by a review for every year of her career. I have edited the introduction, and added a review of 2007.

I can confirm that I will be reporting on the Australian Open 2008. I have also vowed to follow the French Open, Wimbledon and the Olympics.

I wish Vera and all her fans a happy new year.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/

Epigone
Dec 31st, 2007, 11:38 PM
Bepa d. [WC] Sacha Jones 6-0 6-1 :bigclap: :yippee: :banana: :woohoo:

goldenlox
Dec 31st, 2007, 11:45 PM
If Vera stays healthy she should make the final with her draw.

RR-87
Jan 1st, 2008, 12:09 AM
good win Vera :yeah:

Fililander
Jan 1st, 2008, 12:23 AM
Arrgghhh i forgot to follow the match.:mad: Anyway good scoreline from Vera.:worship::worship::hearts::bounce:

daniela86
Jan 1st, 2008, 02:28 AM
Congrats Vera!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D Perfect way to start the season :drool: :D

slk45
Jan 1st, 2008, 04:04 AM
Nice win, Bepa! :clap2: :smooch:
I couldn't stay to follow the match, and the scoreline is a pleasant surprise.

BEPA........................ 1st .......... 2nd
Aces.......................... 0 ............ 1
DF............................. 0 ............ 1
1st serve.................. 71% ........ 54%
1st serve pts............. 90% ........ 69%
2nd serve pts............ 75% .........73%
BP saved.................. 0/0 .......... 1/1
BP Won.................... 3/5 .......... 2/3
Recv pts.................. 62% ......... 61%
Total Pts................. 28/40 ........ 28/42

It would be nice if she could maintain those 1st set stats. :)

Arvidsson, also a Memphis champion, might be a bit tougher.

Epigone
Jan 1st, 2008, 02:28 PM
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
1. Zvonareva vs. Arvidsson
2. Medina Garrigues vs. Davenport
3. Erakovic vs. Harkleroad
4. Zakopalova vs. Kirilenko
5. Daniilidou/Woehr vs. Koryttseva/Osterlo

Keep playing well! :dance:

daniela86
Jan 1st, 2008, 02:37 PM
Yay,she plays the first :bounce: I will be able to follow her match this time :p :D
Arvidsson is coming back into a good shape but I think Vera should still win:D!
Davaiii! :rocker2:

KV
Jan 1st, 2008, 02:38 PM
Satisfying start of the new year. :)

Shoulderpova
Jan 1st, 2008, 04:56 PM
Davai Bepa :clap2:

pav
Jan 1st, 2008, 07:08 PM
A few words from Vera on 8.00 am sports news.
http://radiosport.co.nz/AudioBank/WeekOnDemand/
Wed. 8.00am to 8.15am

Paranoia
Jan 1st, 2008, 10:09 PM
Vera wins 6-2 6-3 :bounce:

Shoulderpova
Jan 1st, 2008, 10:10 PM
:yeah: but 7 DFs :o

Fililander
Jan 1st, 2008, 10:18 PM
Good job Vera.

wally1
Jan 1st, 2008, 10:21 PM
A couple of really nice videos of Vera on the Auckland website if people haven't seen them, here:-

http://www.asbclassic.co.nz/category/Videos

Epigone
Jan 1st, 2008, 10:25 PM
Another good win :dance:, but work on the serve ;)

daniela86
Jan 1st, 2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the videos wally :D and congrats Bepa! :rocker2: Good luck! In 1/4,she is likely to meet her friend Harkleroad :bounce: :D Davai! :rocker2:

slk45
Jan 1st, 2008, 10:40 PM
Another good win for Bepa!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :hug:

I was able to watch part of the match, but my *&@#!! Planetstream subscription acted up during the first half of the first set, and died at 3-2 in the 2nd set. :fiery:

Looked like Vera was playing well except for the sudden flurry of DFs.

Aces.......................... 1 ............ 2
DF............................. 4 ............ 3
1st serve.................. 66% ........ 50%
1st serve pts............. 89% ........ 79%
2nd serve pts............ 20% .........50%
BP saved.................. 4/4 .......... 0/1
BP Won.................... 2/4 .......... 2/5
Recv pts................... 46% .......... 56%
Total Pts................. 32/57 ........ 32/53

58 min. 32 sec. for this match, vs 44 min. 37 sec. for the 1st R match.

As Daniela said, probably next against Harkleroad.

goldenlox
Jan 1st, 2008, 11:02 PM
Nice soft draw to the final

pav
Jan 2nd, 2008, 06:33 AM
Bepa interview on radio. http://radiosport.co.nz/AudioBank/WeekOnDemand/Default.aspx
Wed 4.45pm to 5.00 pm

rrfnpump
Jan 2nd, 2008, 08:12 AM
Vera :yeah: :)
although the serve still isnt working.

Now against Erakovic, good luck!!!!!!!!

KV
Jan 2nd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Good job done!

goldenlox
Jan 2nd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Bepa interview on radio. http://radiosport.co.nz/AudioBank/WeekOnDemand/Default.aspx
Wed 4.45pm to 5.00 pm
I went to Wednesday 16:45-17, and it wasn't there

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2008, 01:10 AM
Hobart a rung on Zvonareva's comeback

Article from: http://www.news.com.au/images/sources/h14_themercury.gif

Email article: Email (http://www.news.com.au/mercury/email/popup/0,22904,23001341-13222,00.html)
Print article: Print (http://javascript<b></b>:print();)
Submit comment: Submit comment (http://www.news.com.au/mercury/story/0,22884,23001341-13222,00.html#submit-feedback)YVETTE McGUIRE
January 03, 2008 12:00am

FORMER top 10 tennis player Vera Zvonareva is aiming to return to the top flight, with a good showing at the Hobart International integral to that ambition.
The 23-year-old Russian is currently ranked No. 22 in the world, but reached No. 9 in 2004 before injuries hit.

Zvonareva is the top seed at the ASB Classic in Wellington, New Zealand, and yesterday advanced to the third round with a 6-2, 6-3 win over Sofia Arvidsson, of Sweden.

"I'm looking forward to a new season," she said.

"Unfortunately I haven't been able to play at 100 per cent for the past couple of years and had to skip four months due to injury.

"I would love to stay healthy throughout the whole year."

It will be Zvonareva's second trip to the Hobart International, which kicks off with qualifying tomorrow, with the tournament proper starting on Sunday.

"I played in Hobart a few years ago and I have good memories from that tournament," she said.

After playing in Sydney as a warm-up to the Australian Open for the past couple of years, Zvonareva chose to return to Hobart this year.

"I just wanted to change my schedule a little bit so it doesn't get too boring playing exactly the same tournaments year after year," she said.

A five-time singles title winner, Zvonareva will be the most highly credentialled player in Hobart this year.

She is also an accomplished doubles player, with four titles to her credit. Zvonareva started playing tennis as a six-year-old in Moscow.

"My mum introduced me to tennis because that was her favourite sport to watch," she said.

Zvonareva said she was also looking forward to playing in the Australian Open, where she reached the fourth round last year

Fililander
Jan 3rd, 2008, 01:14 AM
What a f...... loss. :mad::mad::help::help:. Unbelieveable.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2008, 01:19 AM
This was a waste of an incredibly soft draw to the final

Auckland QF: Erakovic [NZL] def. (1)Zvonareva [RUS] 63 26 76(5)

slk45
Jan 3rd, 2008, 01:32 AM
BEPA! :speakles: :bigcry: Lost to Erakovic 3-6,6-2, 6-7(5).
What happened? :o :hug: :smooch:

I didn't get to watch it or follow it on live score, except for final MP.
All I can guess is Vera got completely frustrated during the 1st set. But she came back well in the 2nd (except for 2nd serve pts), and eliminated her DFs in the 3rd. She must have been getting frustrated during that TB. :unsure: Was she having any wrist problems?

7 DFs in 1st set!? :eek:

BEPA....................... 1st ........... 2nd ............ 3rd
Aces......................... 1 .............. 2 .............. 0
DF............................ 7 .............. 2 .............. 0
1st serve................. 44% .......... 80% .......... 66%
1st serve pts............ 73% .......... 70% .......... 60%
2nd serve pts........... 37% .......... 20% .......... 46%
BP saved.................. 1/3 ........... 1/2 ........... 0/2
BP won.................... 0/0 ........... 3/5 ........... 2/6
Recv pts.................. 16% .......... 63% .......... 44%
Total Pts................ 21/53 .........30/49 ......... 46/95

:sad:

Epigone
Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:08 AM
WTF happened? :tape: :help:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:22 AM
omg Bepa :shrug: :help:

pav
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:08 AM
I went to Wednesday 16:45-17, and it wasn't there
Sorry! it was thursday!! perhaps a certain player thought it was wed. first set she presented to boyshorts, second was good ,third started well,but she had to give the break back, then when she only had to hold serve to win could she? not on your life! the line judges were giving a few centimetres to Erakovic but Bepa still should have overcome that. Marina did serve well and held her nerve and fought to the(very bitter) end, loved it when she yelled at the ump. "You cannot overrule!) and the classic Bepa exit! Only one thing worse than this result is when Manly get beaten by the bloody warriors. Now we are only going to hear is buggers asking Lindsay"Is bloody Jagger keeping you awake?"

rrfnpump
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:55 AM
I was watching the whole match staying awake till 3am. :help: And just for this mess. :o :o

Vera played so bad, her serve was hardly there and her bachkand was useless. And she missed so many easy overheads...

When it was 36 62 42 Vera had four BPs, but couldnt convert. She was serving for the match at 6-5 and was broken to love!! She didnt deserve to win today. :(

On to Hobart, better luck there, Vera :hug:

BEPA! Was she having any wrist problems?

No, just sloppy play. Had 3**-2 in the Tb and lost both serves with easy errors.

Demska
Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:06 PM
Bepa :crying2:

So many chances

Shoulderpova
Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
i saw this coming after she fucked up several bp chances to go double break up in 3rd :fiery:

daniela86
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Unbelievable :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Soo many opportunities missed :bigcry: Thanks for the report Basti ;) Hopefully it was just a bad day and that she will play better in Hobart and AO :cool: :awww:
Btw, away, what was your previous username? :p Are you V-Lix? :p

Petkorazzi
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
:sad:

GL next week Vera :wavey:

pav
Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:10 PM
Bepa attempting to explain herself in an interview on radiosport (not being too complementary on Boyshorts game!)
Frid. midnight to midday 8.15 to 8.30 (it is about 8.35)
hope i've got this one right G.L.:help:
also a bit of video coverage for any who couldn't watch it click on on demand http://tvnz.co.nz/

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:27 AM
I heard Vera and Rezai. Vera could enter a 10k and have a tougher draw to the final.
Just giving the points away.

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Vera wrote a message to us, her fans, from Hobart -

Hello everyone!
Thanks a lot for your support and kind wishes out here...
So thats my turn to wish you guys a Happy New Year and all the best!!!
Thank you,
Vera

Paranoia
Jan 4th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Bepa attempting to explain herself in an interview on radiosport (not being too complementary on Boyshorts game!)
Frid. midnight to midday 8.15 to 8.30 (it is about 8.35)
hope i've got this one right G.L.:help:
also a bit of video coverage for any who couldn't watch it click on on demand http://tvnz.co.nz/

I don't find the video coverage on this page :confused:

Paranoia
Jan 4th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I don't find the video coverage on this page :confused:

K, I've found it: http://tvnz.co.nz/view/video_popup_windows_skin/1532646

daniela86
Jan 5th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Vera in Hobart:

1-Alona Bondarenko (UKR) vs WC-Jessica Moore (AUS)
Pauline Parmentier (FRA) vs Eleni Daniilidou (GRE)
Kateryna Bondarenko (UKR) vs Anna Lapuschenkova (RUS)
WC-Casey Dellacqua (AUS) vs 8-Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)

4-Agnieszka Radwanksa (POL) vs Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
Martina Muller (GER) vs Q
Q vs WC-Monique Adamczak (AUS)
Q vs 6-Sania Mirza (IND)

5-Victoria Azarenka (BLR) vs Olga Govortsova (RUS)
Gisela Dulko (ARG) vs Alberta Brianti (ITA)
Melien Tu (USA) vs Emile Loit (FRA)
Q vs 3-Maria Kirilenko (RUS)

7-Julia Vakulenko (UKR) vs Nuria Llagostera Vives (ESP)
Akiko Morigami (JPN) vs Elena Vesnina (RUS)
Iona Raluca Olaru (ROM) vs Shuai Peng (CHN)
Olga Poutchkova (RUS) vs 2-Vera Zvonareva (RUS)

Great draw ince again,hope she doesn't waste it this time :o
Davai!! :rocker2: :rocker:

pav
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Bloody draw wasting little bugger! :hearts: still loved it when she yelled at the Ump. "You cannot overule!"
She has caused the whole of N.Z. to just about have that croatian boyshorts a slam winner! good for the game here I suppose

slk45
Jan 5th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Bepa was probably too busy being frustrated to notice her game.

rrfnpump
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Bloody draw wasting little bugger! :hearts: still loved it when she yelled at the Ump. "You cannot overule!"
She has caused the whole of N.Z. to just about have that croatian boyshorts a slam winner! good for the game here I suppose

lol, yeah, Erakovic is so tomboyish. :lol: Was that her socks that she pulled up till her knees? :o

Vera has a nice draw in Hobart, good luck. :) And nice to write a message after such a loss. :yeah:

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2008, 09:43 PM
That's a reasonable draw :yeah:

Just don't blow it! :p

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 6th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Bepa, go win this tourn
no going :cuckoo: midmatch here

Fililander
Jan 6th, 2008, 04:05 PM
New diary entry from Vera. Again only a translation. Seems that she is not 100% healthy. :confused::sad:

Hello everyone already in a New 2008 year!
Certainly in the first place I want to congratulate all with already beginning New Year!
Wish successes, good health and much pleasure!
Now I stay in Hobart. This town is in island Tasmania to south-east of Australia. There is always a strong wind and, to put it mildly, not in the least a tennis weather. But this tournament was in wta calendar from year to year, so I have to get accustomed by this weather conditions as far as possible!
Last week I played my first tournament in a new season in Auckland( New Zealand). Unfortunately I lost in the quarterfinal. The match was a tough, I hit the ball bad, very unstable. But I strived how I can to do itÖ. had sometimes a bad luck daysÖ however hard you may try - the ball not want hit to inÖ. But that is honest I will be not strong upset, because it`s all the same I Ďm a glad to played 3 matches here. Before the tournament I had a doubt Ė can I played here because my injury. All of my season preparation is not good because I had injuries( the first normal training I prepared already in Auckland) Now I hope that all will be ok and I will be able to play in Hobart. Unfortunately I canít still practice on 100 % and itís very disappointment conditionÖ Because I want to take the racket and to get some pleasure of a good traning, not thinking about each motion, that you can do. But while now I canít to allow me it. And I will fighting with injuries and I try to give all one has got, on 100 % in each match. Tomorrow I will have to play my first match on the tournament against Olya PoutchkovaÖ now is many Russians players and often we play face to faceÖ hope that our match will be interest. At least I will to do one`s best.:)

I embrace all,
Vera

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Vera shouldn't even play Hobart. She should rest for Melbourne.

rrfnpump
Jan 6th, 2008, 06:39 PM
That really doesnt sound too good. If she already has problems with her injury at the beginning of the season... :unsure:

By the way, is this the left wrist we are talking about? Does this mean it hasnt healed up? Does this mean not having the surgery was the wrong decision?

:sad: :sobbing:

slk45
Jan 6th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Vera shouldn't even play Hobart. She should rest for Melbourne.

That really doesnt sound too good. If she already has problems with her injury at the beginning of the season... :unsure:

By the way, is this the left wrist we are talking about? Does this mean it hasnt healed up? Does this mean not having the surgery was the wrong decision?

:sad: :sobbing:
This would be my guess. And GL is right, she should be resting, esp. if it's giving her problems. If I recall correctly, it was troublesome at times toward the end of the year.

Well, I hope Bepa can overcome the problem, but I'm a bit concerned about that. :(

Good luck tomorrow, Bepa!! :bounce: :yippee: :bounce:

pav
Jan 7th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Good start for Bep but they were playing swapabreak at the beginning :eek:

Epigone
Jan 7th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Bepa d. Olga Poutchkova 6-3 6-0 :bigclap: :yippee: :banana: :woohoo:

She sounds pretty banged up :sad: :help:

Harju.
Jan 7th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Congrats Bepa :yeah:
I hope she doesn't force herself to play through the pain.

slk45
Jan 7th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Good win, Bepa! :banana: :banana:

49 min. 21 sec. for the match:
Aces.......................... 2 ............ 0
DF............................. 4 ............ 1
1st serve.................. 63% ........ 50%
1st serve pts............. 70% ........ 75%
2nd serve pts............. 33% ........ 75%
BP saved.................. 2/4 .......... 0/0
BP Won.................... 3/5 .......... 3/4
Recv pts................... 63% ......... 72%
Total Pts................. 35/59 ........ 25/34

Bepa d. Olga Poutchkova 6-3 6-0 :bigclap: :yippee: :banana: :woohoo:

She sounds pretty banged up :sad: :help:
:unsure: Are you referring to her comments after Auckland or is there something new?

Next up, last match of the day session on Centre Court, is the young Romanian Ioanna Raluca Olaru.

Epigone
Jan 8th, 2008, 12:30 AM
:unsure: Are you referring to her comments after Auckland or is there something new?

Next up, last match of the day session on Centre Court, is the young Romanian Ioanna Raluca Olaru.Her comments after Auckland :p

Tuesday, January 8, 2008
1. Kudryavtseva vs. Mirza
2. Lapushchenkova vs. Dellacqua
3. A.Bondarenko vs. Daniilidou
4. Olaru vs. Zvonareva
5. Pennetta vs. Dokic (NB 19.00hrs)
6. Kremer/Parmentier vs. A.Radwanska/Shvedova

Good luck!

rrfnpump
Jan 8th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Vera won 63 62 against Olaru. :yeah: :)

I got up at 6.30am just to see Vera leading 43 in the first set. She finished in time when I had to go to uni. :cool:

Now against Vesnina (:(). Udachi, Bepa!!!

Epigone
Jan 8th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Nice win :yeah:

Bepa's BP conversion % in the 1st set was :help:

I was :shout: at the scoreboard :o

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 8th, 2008, 11:13 AM
well done Vera ;) :yeah: :D
i left for work at 4-3 in 1st set
she won in 2
but must do better

slk45
Jan 8th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Bepa def. Olaru 6-3,6-2 1 hr42min36sec.

DF............................. 1 ............ 1
1st serve.................. 48% ........ 48%
1st serve pts............. 75% ........ 100%
2nd serve pts............. 35% ........ 64%
BP saved.................. 2/4 .......... 0/0
BP Won.................... 3/9 .......... 2/6
Recv pts................... 55% .......... 50%
Total Pts................. 39/71 ........ 33/53

They averaged 6 min. per game.

Elena Vesnina is next, it is not going to get easier. I hope Vera's wrist is healthy.

GO BEPA!! :bounce::bounce:

Epigone
Jan 8th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Centre Court (from 10.30hrs)
1. Gallovits vs. Harkleroad
2. Pennetta vs. Mirza (NB 12.00hrs)
3. Vesnina vs. Zvonareva

Good luck! :dance:

RR-87
Jan 8th, 2008, 09:44 PM
go Vera :D

Epigone
Jan 9th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Bepa d. Elena Vesnina 6-3 6-3 :bigclap: :banana: :dance: :bowdown: :woohoo:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 9th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Bepa ;) :yeah:
go all the way now ;)

livestream for semis tomorrow
hope Vera's match is during day or else me cant watch.

slk45
Jan 9th, 2008, 03:45 AM
A fine win by Bepa! 3 & 3 in 1 hr 17 min 40 sec.

DF............................. 0 ............ 3
1st serve.................. 48% ........ 51%
1st serve pts............. 69% ........ 67%
2nd serve pts............. 57% ........ 41%
BP saved.................. 1/2 .......... 3/5
BP Won.................... 3/6 .......... 3/3
Recv pts................... 50% .......... 64%
Total Pts................. 32/57 ........ 33/57

Has anyone seen this live? Are Vera's wrists taped, or does she have them iced after the matches?

Ashley is next.

rrfnpump
Jan 9th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Nice win again, Vera :yeah: :D

Now against Harkleroad, good luck! :)

Foot's Fingers
Jan 9th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Vera :woohoo:

Much more promissing then last week

goldenlox
Jan 9th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Get all the points this week Vera

KV
Jan 9th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Keep it up, good luck vs. Ashley.

daniela86
Jan 9th, 2008, 05:02 PM
:D :D :yeah: Well done! :rocker2: Perfect week so far :D!:rocker:

pav
Jan 9th, 2008, 05:07 PM
good little article and pic here if you haven't read it.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23030181-11088,00.html

slk45
Jan 9th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Tnx for posting, pav. Bepa's blue eyes are shining in that photo. :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 9th, 2008, 05:46 PM
damn Bepa plays night match :fiery:
good luck Bepa ;) :)

Fililander
Jan 9th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the article pav. Yes the blue eyes are really shining.:hearts::hearts: I like that. Is there a bigger version somewhere?

Epigone
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Centre Court (from 12.00hrs)
1. Daniilidou vs. Pennetta
2. DomŪnguez Lino/Parra Santonja vs. Daniilidou/Woehr (after suitable rest)
3. Harkleroad vs. Zvonareva (NB 19.00hrs)
4. Pennetta/Salerni vs. Medina Garrigues/Ruano Pascual

Good luck!!!

Foot's Fingers
Jan 10th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Vera leads 2-1* and already saved 2 bps

GO!!!

Foot's Fingers
Jan 10th, 2008, 07:49 AM
6-2 first set under Vera's belt

KV
Jan 10th, 2008, 08:15 AM
GO Vera more of same in second set.

Shoulderpova
Jan 10th, 2008, 08:40 AM
6-2 6-1 over Harleroad ;);)
Daniilidou is the last obstacle

rrfnpump
Jan 10th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Vera :yeah: :) :D
that was a great performance, well done.

Daniilidou leads the H2H 2-1 against Bepa, she is a bad matchup fŁr her. But I hope Vera can take the title tomorrow :D

Udachi, Bepa !!!!

pav
Jan 10th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Good to see Bepa give Ash the bash :)
but what can she do with Daniilidou :confused:
she is the sort of player that can give Bepa a blue fit :mad:
but she could do with another title, so hopefully!!

Epigone
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Beautiful scoreline :bowdown:

Now, take the title! :cool:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Very confident win Vera :kiss:

Now hope she cld beat Eleni tomorrow and have a rest before AO in good mood

goldenlox
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Go get this title Vera!

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 10th, 2008, 01:32 PM
good luck in final now Bepa ;) :yeah: :kiss:

daniela86
Jan 10th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Vera:D :rocker2: :rocker: :D Job done :yeah:!
I would have prefered Bepa to face Flavia :( but as long as she takes the title it's okay :bounce: :bounce: She's in a great shape,I think she will win :D! Davai Bepa,make us very proud :bounce:!

Fililander
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Good win from Vera. :bounce::worship:

slk45
Jan 10th, 2008, 04:07 PM
A convincing win, Bepa!! :hug: :smooch: :yippee:

BEPA........................ 1st ............. 2nd
Aces......................... 0 ................ 0
DF............................ 2 ................ 1
1st serve.................. 63% ........... 52%
1st serve pts............. 63% ........... 92%
2nd serve pts............. 45% .......... 50%
BP saved................... 2/3 ............ 3/3
BP Won..................... 3/4 ............ 2/3
Recv pts................... 61% ........... 53%
Total Pts.................. 31/53 ......... 28/44
6-2, 6-1 in 59 min. 3 sec.

As rrfnpump noted, Daniilidou leads 2-1, their last meeting was Seoul 2006, and 2 matches split in 2003 before that. Eleni has 3-3/4" and 28 lbs. on her.
Eleni had the day off between her 1R and 2R matches. Vera started her 1R on that day off.

Looks like Flavia's game fell apart in the 2nd set, she was 0/12 on 2nd serves. :o

Bepa can win this, but it will help if she can raise her game a bit more. I want to see 60s on the returned points in both sets. Let's do this in straights, Bepa!!
:banana: :banana:

GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

slk45
Jan 10th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Vera has a new WTA pic (as does Lena, and Chaky, and Gisela, and Michaella...) :hearts:

pav
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Vera has a new WTA pic (as does Lena, and Chaky, and Gisela, and Michaella...) :hearts:

I can't see it!!:sad::bigcry: still the same old one!:bigcry: Waaah!!

slk45
Jan 10th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I can't see it!!:sad::bigcry: still the same old one!:bigcry: Waaah!!
Try this:
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photos/150x200/260142.jpg

rrfnpump
Jan 10th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Try this:
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photos/150x200/260142.jpg

I don't think this is a new one, she already had that picture for some time. Its time for a new one though. :p

Epigone
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:06 PM
I don't think this is a new one, she already had that picture for some time. Its time for a new one though. :pIt's a new pic :dance:

I think that you might have to clear your temporary internet files to see the new one :p

Epigone
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Bepa's 1st round opponent is Ai Sugiyama :yeah:

Jelena Jankovic SRB (3)
Tamira Paszek AUT

Stephanie Dubois CAN
Edina Gallovits ROU

Flavia Pennetta ITA
Dominika Cibulkova SVK

Ashley Harkleroad USA
Virginie Razzano FRA (30)

Amelie Mauresmo FRA (18)
Tatiana Poutchek BLR

Yaroslava Shvedova RUS
Tatjana Malek GER

Casey Dellacqua AUS
Karin Knapp ITA

Lilia Osterloh USA
Patty Schnyder SUI (15)

Nicole Vaidisova CZE (12)
Ioana Raluca Olaru ROU

Kaia Kanepi EST
Alicia Molik AUS

Madison Brengle USA
Tatiana Perebiynis UKR

Ai Sugiyama JPN
Vera Zvonareva RUS (23)

Victoria Azarenka BLR (26)
Akgul Amanmuradova UZB

QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER

QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER

Jarmila Gajdosova AUS
Serena Williams USA (7)

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Nicole in the 3rd round is tough, but Vera has a chance.
She needs these Hobart points

Epigone
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Friday, January 11, 2008
Centre Court (from 19.30hrs)
1. Singles Final: Daniilidou vs. Zvonareva
2. Doubles Final: Daniilidou/Woehr vs. Medina Garrigues/Ruano Pascual (after suitable rest)

Take the title!!! :drive:

I don't think that I'll be able to follow the match because I have to fly to Paris tomorrow :o :sad:

Harju.
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Pretty tough draw for Bepa @ AO. But it's time to raise to the challenge. :arrmed:

slk45
Jan 11th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Could Serena have it any easier? :rolleyes:

GO JARMILA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 11th, 2008, 07:03 AM
I was preparing for a really tough match and actually it was a tough match," Zvonareva said. "The score seems to be much easier, but we had really good rallies. "I'm feeling good. There is nothing else I could wish for other than being in the final, I'm just looking forward to it."

I really hope so

Good Luck in final today

Foot's Fingers
Jan 11th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Tough AO draw But want to beleive that Vera can handle with it

pav
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Bepa!!:sad:ankle? not fair:mad:

Paranoia
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:10 AM
OMG :help::sad:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:22 AM
AO is under the question......

2 versions for the moment - during training or even during warm-up

rrfnpump
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:49 AM
oh no :sad: :sobbing:

thats not fair, she is so unlucky with all those injures. :(

http://i13.tinypic.com/6oudt0z.jpg

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2008, 10:57 AM
She's going to have to skip the AO and rest the ankle.
It makes no sense to hobble out there and risk further injury.

Shoulderpova
Jan 11th, 2008, 11:04 AM
that sucks :fiery:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 11th, 2008, 12:26 PM
thats just terrible :( poor Bepa :sad:

Bepa better make sure her ankle is 100% ok for her to play AO.

slk45
Jan 11th, 2008, 03:10 PM
BEPA!! :crying2: :sad: :hug: :smooch:

How awful! Vera severely injured that same ankle in San Diego 2005 doubles (also rolled it) match against Martinez/Ruano Pascual. I was present at that one. She was out for about 2 months.

I hope her ankle's ok, but I don't have much hope for the AO. :scared:

What a terrible turn of events for Bepa. :tears: :hug:

Fililander
Jan 11th, 2008, 05:11 PM
What a fu..... day:fiery::fiery::fiery::sad::banghead:.

Get well soon Vera:hug:.

Hope it is nothing serious but i have doubts...:shrug:

daniela86
Jan 11th, 2008, 05:52 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :mad: :sobbing: :sobbing: It's incredibly sad,unfair and frustrating :( Vera always gets injured when she plays great :( :banghead:
Poor girl :hug: :hug: :hug: I don't know if I even want her to play AO now :(

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 12th, 2008, 08:53 AM
i just knew it :fiery: :(
Vera plays on Monday :( :(
only + thing is Vera plays very late.

tenn_ace
Jan 12th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Vera :sad: so sad UNFAIR as daniela86 said

goldenlox
Jan 12th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Vera is listed on the OOP, so she hasn't pulled out yet

Vera is Sweet
Jan 12th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Vera is unlikely to play in Australia. Just look at this photo. Poor Vera!
http://i012.radikal.ru/0801/03/c65d7205f8ba.jpg

slk45
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:03 PM
At least her ankle's not in a cast, like it was 2-1/2 years ago. Hopefully, she will be able to recover sooner from this one. On the other hand, this is the 2nd time (that I know of) for this ankle. :sad:

Ok, you Aussies! From AO news,
"Romania's Monica Niculescu has caused a massive boilover after knocking out top seed Ekaterina Bychkova in the final round of qualifying."
Is this basically the same meaning as an upset, or does the term suggest something more? :help: :p

goldenlox
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Vera is unlikely to play in Australia. Just look at this photo. Poor Vera!
http://i012.radikal.ru/0801/03/c65d7205f8ba.jpgThatnks for the picture. Vera won't be playing for a while

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 12th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Vera on crutches :( :( :sad:
cant see her playing AO at all :bigcry:

probably a month to recover :sad:

daniela86
Jan 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Heartbreaking pic :sad: :sad: :awww:

ys
Jan 12th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Vera on crutches :( :( :sad:
cant see her playing AO at all :bigcry:

probably a month to recover :sad:

Crutches could be just precaution.. Remember Voltchkov in Davis Cup vs ussia? :lol: I think she'll play.. If it were really bad, she would not be walking at all now.. Ankles can heal quick..

~Kiera~
Jan 12th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Poor Vera :sad:

andrewbroad
Jan 13th, 2008, 11:21 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=328711

slk45
Jan 14th, 2008, 07:26 AM
BEPA IS PLAYING! :hug: I hope her ankle is ok. :scared:

GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

slk45
Jan 14th, 2008, 08:09 AM
BEPA! :bigcry: I guess her ankle wasn't ready. Bepa retired against Sugiyama at 3-6, 1-1, after winning her first service game of the 2nd set. :crying2:

In the 1st set, Bepa won more points on serve than Ai, but she was way behind on return points won.

Someone said she wasn't moving as well as usual.

A valiant effort, Bepa. But it's better to make sure that ankle heals. :sad:

Have a speedy recovery. :hug: :smooch:

rrfnpump
Jan 14th, 2008, 08:47 AM
:bigcry: :sad: :sad:

Aussie Open is over for me, all my faves OUT. :sad:

goldenlox
Jan 14th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Now Vera should take a break and let it heal.

Foot's Fingers
Jan 14th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Vera :bigcry:

Why ohhh why she always injured when she is starting to play good

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 14th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Bepa :( :sad: :bigcry:

Harju.
Jan 14th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Ugh, Bepa :bigcry: :sad: :hug:

daniela86
Jan 14th, 2008, 06:33 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: Vera :awww: :hug: Recover the soonest possible :(
The AO doesn't start well for me as well :(

Epigone
Jan 14th, 2008, 07:07 PM
OMG :help:
What a complete disaster :sobbing: :bigcry: :sad: :hug:

Vera is Sweet
Jan 18th, 2008, 08:19 AM
It seems that Vera will have to spend about a month confined to bed.

Anastasia Myskina wrote in her blog:
"I was very upset with Veraís injury. I talked to Vera and she told me that she had a pain in her leg that she had sprained a week before the Australian Open. Now Vera has to spend 3 of 4 weeks confined to bed so we wonít see her on court in the near future".
http://www.sports.ru/tennis/3978221.html

goldenlox
Jan 18th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Vera should not have played in Melbourne. That was not smart. Lets hope she lets the injury heal now.

Harju.
Jan 18th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Poor Bepa. Couldn't catch a break :(
I agree that she shouldn't have played AO, I guess she didn't think it was that bad. Oh well. Get better soon.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 18th, 2008, 03:42 PM
i guess its Doha or Dubai next for Vera

get well soon Bepa
ankle injuries are not to be taken lightly

Escape
Jan 18th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Get well soon Vera :hug:

Fililander
Jan 20th, 2008, 01:36 PM
After watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0wluBiN1vA&feature=related

I have no idea why she had to play. She cannot even move properly:confused: :sad::tape:
With this injury she had no chance to win.

slk45
Jan 20th, 2008, 04:34 PM
After watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0wluBiN1vA&feature=related

I have no idea why she had to play. She cannot even move properly:confused: :sad::tape:
With this injury she had no chance to win.
What on earth was Bepa thinking? What was her coach thinking? She had a brace and practically a cast inside her shoe! There is no way Vera should have played that match. :fiery:

You can see her wincing when the trainer is checking out her ankle! :scared:

I do have to say her stats in the match are amazing, under the circumstances.

GET WELL SOON, BEPA!! :hug: Don't try it again until you're healthy!! :smooch:

pav
Jan 25th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Bepa and Rena for Bangalore :confused:
Indo-Asian News Service

Thursday, January 24, 2008 (Bangalore)

Star US tennis player Serena Williams and Russia's Vera Zvonareva are among the top-ranks who will play at the Bangalore Open 2008 WTA tournament to be held here March 3-9.

Serena, 26, has confirmed her participation in the third Sony Ericsson WTA tour championship for which the total prize money has been increased to $600,000 (Rs.24 million), the Karnataka State Lawn Tennis Association (KSLTA) said in a statement here Wednesday.

The winner takes home a whopping $95,500 and 300 ranking points to determine the year-end champion.

"Serena, who is ranked seventh on the WTA tour, 23-year-old Zvonareva, ranked 22, and 20-year-old Sania Mirza are among the top three players participating in the week-long tournament to be held at KSLTA Signature Kingfisher stadium in the city's famous Cubbon Park," said association secretary Sundar Raju.

Incidentally, Serena was to participate in the second edition of the tournament last year but pulled out at the last minute due to sudden illness.

Winner of eight grand slam single titles, Serena is a former world number one player and an Olympic gold medallist in women's doubles. She won the Australian Open in 2007.

As part of the Asian circuit, Bangalore Open comes after two other big tournaments in the Gulf-Qatar Open ($2.5 million prize) and Dubai Open ($1.5 million prize) next month.

The organisers have, however, not informed the total number of players participating in the championship, as more confirmations were awaited

slk45
Jan 27th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Just a note for Bepa fans:

zvonareva.com is back up and running again. :yeah:

slk45
Jan 28th, 2008, 07:20 PM
So quiet on here without Bepa playing. :(

Here's something for pav to explain:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325821,00.html :wavey:

pav
Jan 30th, 2008, 06:03 AM
So quiet on here without Bepa playing. :(

Here's something for pav to explain:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325821,00.html :wavey:
Those silly Pommie buggers can't figure anything out, sheep can sense the intentions of humans from a distance, they do it with me all the time, if I haven't had any luck with the sheilas lately, and go into a paddock with sheep in it they always form a circle around me! I though they were admiring my good looks to start with, but have come to realise they are just keeping their rear ends as far away from me as possible :sad:

Fililander
Jan 31st, 2008, 01:33 AM
As expected Vera is out from Paris!

azmad_88
Feb 2nd, 2008, 07:39 AM
get well soon vera :(

Fililander
Feb 3rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
New diary entry from Vera. It is a translation.

Good evening!

At last I reached to my diary!!!
Now I am staying in Moscow! Unfortunately in Australia I failed to playÖ :( The injury was too serious for performance, but now itís already better. I arrived from Melbourne to Moscow right away and in this moment I am curing. At the beginning of the week I will try to train not much and after this was most understand when I could to come back to the court.
Thank you very much for your messages and your support after Australian tournaments. Your support is always helping me. I know that my fans always with me and it inspire (even if I not often write on my diary and answer on your questions (sorry), but i am always read your letters. :) ).
During last week I have been doing many things for my injury rehabilitation and also I sited couple examinations on Academy. So week was very tough. But Iím a glad, I am at home, in Moscow and when I go back every day in the evening I can watch TV on Russian language. But only weather hope not such wet and it would be absolutely amazing.

See you soon,
Embrace all,
Vera

andrewbroad
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:05 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=12294820#post12294820

azmad_88
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:13 AM
get well soon vera :(

pav
Feb 10th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Hope Bepa's buggered up ankle is coming along alright!
Bit dry here so had a look if any rain is coming and first news I saw was:
Man crushed in ferris wheel
man bites head off pet mouse
Leg washes up on Christchurch beach and Depressed Vincent (cricketer) not looking for comeback, hell I'm not the craziest bastard here after all, :tape: and Bepa is coming right,just have to be patient Bepa and rain will return :)

pav
Feb 13th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Forgot to mention until someone started a thread about Meilen and Sam's wedding that Bepa said in Auckland that she was going to be a bridesmaid, if she could work it around her tournament schedule,not a problem it sadly tuned out. She said the style of dress was up to her :tape: but all of the wedding party had to wear red.

slk45
Feb 14th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Forgot to mention until someone started a thread about Meilen and Sam's wedding that Bepa said in Auckland that she was going to be a bridesmaid, if she could work it around her tournament schedule,not a problem it sadly tuned out. She said the style of dress was up to her :tape: but all of the wedding party had to wear red.

Bepa -- Lady in Red! :inlove: :p

slk45
Feb 15th, 2008, 03:20 AM

Now wait a minute! :scratch: I was thinking about that.... Sam is Bepa's coach. There is no doubt her tournament schedule will work around the wedding. :rolleyes: Unless she decides to play without a coach. :(
Call me, Bepa! ;)

slk45
Feb 16th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Time for a bump! :bounce:

goldenlox
Feb 16th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Doha

Vera/A Rodionova
Hantuchova/bye

tobi
Feb 16th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Vera :)

hopefully she is fully fit.

Best of luck in Doha,win your first match then wait and see.

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2008, 09:11 PM
ORDER OF PLAY - MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2008
CENTRE COURT start 3:30 pm
A Morigami (JPN) vs [16] A Radwanska (POL)

Not Before 6:30 PM
[WC] S Lisicki (GER) vs [14] A Mauresmo (FRA)
[10] N Petrova (RUS) vs A Medina Garrigues (ESP)
COURT 1 start 3:30 pm
F Schiavone (ITA) vs [12] S Peer (ISR)
Y Chan (TPE) vs C Wozniacki (DEN)
M Kirilenko (RUS) vs [LL] E Makarova (RUS)
L Safarova (CZE) vs D Cibulkova (SVK)
COURT 2 start 3:30 pm
V Zvonareva (RUS) vs A Rodionova (RUS)

goldenlox
Feb 17th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Vera is playing doubles, so she feels healthy

(8)Garbin/Peer (ITA/ISR) v (wc)Safarova/Zvonareva (CZE/RUS)

rrfnpump
Feb 18th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Safarova/Zvonareva :inlove: :hearts: :hearts:

anyway, I think and hope Vera feels healthy and that she can win one or two matches here, that would be great.

Good luck, Bepa :hug: Take care of yourself, no injuries anymore!

goldenlox
Feb 18th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Vera up 60

Foot's Fingers
Feb 18th, 2008, 12:28 PM
draw :bigcry: :sad: :tears: :crying2: and many mnay mnay more sad smiles

goldenlox
Feb 18th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Vera wins 60 63

Foot's Fingers
Feb 18th, 2008, 12:56 PM
what to say.... Solid win even being down a break in second set, still she had so many chances to break Nastya's serve

Congrats!!!

vera is back ;)

daniela86
Feb 18th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Very nice win Bepa :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Congrats :D It's so good to see her back :awww: :rocker2: :rocker2:
Keep it up!
Btw to me, Safarova/Zvonareva is one of the coolest teams this year :D if not THE coolest :D Hope they do well :banana: :rocker:

Foot's Fingers
Feb 18th, 2008, 01:23 PM
next - Hantuchova....

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 18th, 2008, 02:34 PM
next - Hantuchova....

Vera plays Schiavone next instead

c'mon Bepa !!!!!!!!!