PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54

the cat
Mar 14th, 2007, 12:52 AM
You might be right. But that remains to be seen. Vera may be playing her way back into Fed Cup contention for Russia. I'm sure Shamil Tarpischev took notice of Ver'as big win over Maria. It's arguably the biggest win over Zvonareva's career.

~Kiera~
Mar 14th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Where is the transcript of Bepa's press conference? :fiery:

They've finally got it up :)

March 13, 2007

Vera Zvonareva

INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Vera, please.

Q. Very good come-back there. What was the dynamics as you saw it?

VERA ZVONAREVA: You know, I just -- I was concentrating on every point, trying to get the rhythm, trying to get my game together and I was just fighting for every point, and I think that's why I was able to turn it around.

Q. You seemed to take a lot of momentum from your discussion with your coach. Did you win seven games in a row or something after seeing your coach?

VERA ZVONAREVA: I'm not sure right now, but -- well, the coaches can come out only between the sets, so that's when he came out. I wasn't really counting how many I won or lost.

Q. But was that a factor for you? Did it make a difference, your discussion.

VERA ZVONAREVA: I think the coach can help on court or something, but I had some opinions and they were pretty much the same. So it's really great when you have someone who understands and give you advice and just give you support. I think it was really important, that moment, for me.
But there is not much disagreement between us. You know, on what I have to do, so I just -- I knew what I had to do, and he just gave me extra support to, you know, keep going.

Q. Are you comfortable sharing what that was?

VERA ZVONAREVA: Sorry?

Q. Are you comfortable sharing what you discussed?

VERA ZVONAREVA: You know, we don't really -- it wasn't like about something, like, a game play on something. It was just more to concentrate on myself. And he just told me to go for my shots, like, because sometimes I had a doubt, maybe I shouldn't do, maybe I should change. He told me just go for it, you know, your game is great and you have the shots, so I just have to do it. I think that was the most important thing at that moment.

Q. What was going through your mind when she was serving for the match?

VERA ZVONAREVA: You know, I didn't really pay attention to the score that much. I was -- I was just trying to, you know, fight for every point and trying to find my game, find my shots, till the last point is played.

Q. Could you just on talk of what you were saying about coaching, could you compare the difference in how it feels to be out there on your own compared to being able to have a coach come out?

VERA ZVONAREVA: I think for me, it doesn't really do a huge difference, you know, 'cause I think I can figure it out pretty good on my own. But I played only two or three matches where my coach was able to come on court, so it's too early to say about is there a big difference. I don't have that much experience in it.

But, for sure, just like support. It's great to have a coach. I think it would be too much to -- if coach would be able to come out every change-over. Still tennis is an individual sport. But between the sets, if you can get that extra support, it definitely can take your game to the next level.

Q. What's your coach's name?

VERA ZVONAREVA: Sam Sumyk. He's French.

Q. How long has he been your coach?

VERA ZVONAREVA: I started working with Sam in the beginning of the last year, so it's been a little bit over a year.

Q. What is the best quality that he has brought to you?

VERA ZVONAREVA: I think just to be able to fight for every point. I don't pay attention to anything, even if I have a bad day and something is not working, still be able to get the best tennis out of myself even on a bad day. So I think it's great.

Q. Can you talk about what this win means for your year, obviously to beat the defending champion at such an important tournament.

VERA ZVONAREVA: You know, I haven't really thought about it this way 'cause I played Maria a few times, and we always had tough matches. And obviously, she's a great player, she's a great fighter, and, well, she's No. 1 in the world. I mean, it's just great to be able to play any player out of, you know, top 10. But to be -- if I think about it right now, she's No. 1. To beat a player No. 1 in the world, it's just great for anybody's career.
When I would look back at it, I would say, yeah, I was pretty good in tennis. I beat a No. 1 player in the world. So I don't know. It's just great for my experience.

Q. When you do look back your tennis career years from now, what would you like to see?

VERA ZVONAREVA: That I was able to get out of myself as much as I could. Like, I would love to see myself as -- that I did everything I could to be the best player I can. That's the most important thing. And, you know, because I don't set the goals or something, it's not -- it's a little bit different right now.
I've been in top 10 before, you know, and I've been injured after it. It was a hard time, but for myself, I just trying to look back and say, Well, I enjoyed my match and I did everything I could. That's all I can ask of myself.

Q. Have you looked forward to the next match or did you just, you know, not anticipating? How do you feel about the next match up with Na Li?

VERA ZVONAREVA: Na Li is a great player and I played her before, and I think I lost to her last year. Well, she's really upcoming player. She's really tough to play. So I'll just have -- you know, I just have to do my best. I just have to concentrate and fight, and then we'll see what's gonna happen.

Q. Are you going to have a slightly different strategy against her?

VERA ZVONAREVA: Well, against every player, you have a different strategy. There is not all the same player on the tour. Everyone is individual and everyone is playing different games, so, of course, I haven't really thought about it yet, but certainly you have to come out and play differently every match.

Q. What is the strategy against Maria?

VERA ZVONAREVA: I'll keep it secret while it's working (laughter). No, but the most important thing for me was today to concentrate on my game, don't pay attention to what's going on and, you know, to go for my shots.

Q. How many times did you play Sharapova in the past and what did you change in your game? What works in your favor today?

VERA ZVONAREVA: Well, I've beaten Maria in the past, as well, so we always had tough matches. You know, I think every day is different and every day you have to fight. And all players are really good right now on the tour, and it's just depends who is able -- who will be able to get the best out of that particular day.

Q. How much has Sam helped you control your emotions on the court, or has it been a combination of that and your own maturity?

VERA ZVONAREVA: I don't know. I don't really think about it. It's great to have Sam by the side and tell me if I make -- Hey, calm down, you're not playing that bad, or it's just couple shots, don't worry. It's great. I think it helps.

But also I'm a little bit different player. I'm more mature. Yeah, I think it's just a combination of everything.

Q. So much of the tour is here in the -- or a good chunk of the tour is here in the United States. What do you think the most wonderful thing is about the United States and what do you like the least?

VERA ZVONAREVA: I don't know. It's a tough question. I like the food more in Europe, so I don't know. And, well, there are so many different tournaments, you know. Some you like more, some you don't like. But as a tennis player, we don't see that much around. We see courts and the hotels. So it's tough to compare. It's pretty much the same everywhere. But I don't know. It's just different.

Q. And the best hotels on the entire tour are in what city?

VERA ZVONAREVA: Moscow, because it's home for me.

THE MODERATOR: Thanks.

goldenlox
Mar 14th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Vera lost to Li in Doha last year. Vera wasn't in good form then, but Li is dangerous.
I think Vera can make the final here, and win it.
She has to be confident against Li. And concentrate.

goldenlox
Mar 14th, 2007, 02:04 AM
All those lookalikes must be in the WNBA. Vera was chopping down a tree today.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/895/73544951ms009pacificlifdb6.jpg

~Kiera~
Mar 14th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Wednesday, March 14, 2007

STADIUM 1 start 11:00 am
WTA - [15]V Zvonareva (RUS) vs [12]N Li (CHN)
Not Before 12:30 PM
ATP - [4]N Davydenko (RUS) vs [13]A Murray (GBR)
ATP - C Moya (ESP) vs [14]D Ferrer (ESP)
Not Before 6:00 PM
WTA - [14]D Hantuchova (SVK) vs [11]S Peer (ISR)
Not Before 8:30 PM
ATP - [9]T Haas (GER) vs [5]F Gonzalez (CHI)

STADIUM 3 start 10:00 am
ATP - M Fyrstenberg (POL) / M Matkowski (POL) vs [5] M Damm (CZE) / L Paes (IND)
Not Before 1:30 PM
WTA - [3] V Ruano Pascual (ESP) / P Suarez (ARG) or D Safina (RUS) / N Vaidisova (CZE) vs L Hradecka (CZE) / R Voracova (CZE)
Not Before 3:00 PM
WTA - [6] E Likhovtseva (RUS) / A Medina Garrigues (ESP) vs [4] N Dechy (FRA) / V Zvonareva (RUS) - After Suitable Rest

slk45
Mar 14th, 2007, 03:38 AM
BEPA!!!!! :hug: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :hug:
What a great comeback, and what a tremendous win!! :worship: :woohoo:

The draw is shaping up really well for Vera to go all the way through!! Just keep that fighting spirit going tomorrow, Bepa!! :yeah:

What's with all your silly comments? :rolleyes: No one else in Vera's thread posts these types of comments. They just want her to beat Maria. And I doubt Vera would like your comments GL because she and Maria are on good terms. GL seems a little bitter in these remarks ... I wonder if Masha snubbed her? :confused: :p :kiss:

I think Vera would agree with me that all of that clown's self-promotion in the middle of a Tier I is crap. You know this is Canon's doing, GL. ;)

Epigone already quoted the "lookalike" question for GL. I want to add this, which was immediately before that question:
Q. Were you 100 percent physically?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I was close, yeah.

Q. Close enough?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah. I mean, I played, so, yeah.

Q. Are you sick at all?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm not giving any excuses. There's no need for that. It's not every former number one who will say that! :cool:

Na Li first up tomorrow. You can win this, Vera!!

GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ZIZOUILLE
Mar 14th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Bepa :bigclap:

Foot's Fingers
Mar 14th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Let the sun shine for Vera Zvonaryova more brightly :woohoo:

Great win!!!

Foot's Fingers
Mar 14th, 2007, 07:43 AM
but honeslty i am not satisfied for 100% of this win THE WAY of this win i mean

goldenlox
Mar 14th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Big match today. Vera has never won a tournament this big. She needs 3 more wins.
First is Li.

Paranoia
Mar 14th, 2007, 09:16 AM
I think the match against Na Li will be more difficult than the confrontation with Masha!

Foot's Fingers
Mar 14th, 2007, 09:28 AM
when i saw a match i had a feeling that as soon as Vera will play her game she will win

and when Maria was broken at 5-4 in second set i was sure Vera will win
Masha had big problems with serve and movements
That's why pitty Vera was not playing good in first set

so match vs Na Li will be very importent
If Verla prolong her winning way just one more step at least, just great
if not - win over Sharpi will be less priceful for me

But a win over NUMBER 1 in ranking is under Vera's belt anyway ;)

Foot's Fingers
Mar 14th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Vera lost to Li in Doha last year. Vera wasn't in good form then, but Li is dangerous.
I think Vera can make the final here, and win it.
She has to be confident against Li. And concentrate.

Let's no speak abt title/final now

it's open draw for every one now

Li Peer Bammer Golovin Dani.....

Who will play better under pressure knowing that door to Tier I title is opened as much as never before will win it

Harju.
Mar 14th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Udachi Bepa!! :banana:
I know she can pull off an upset! I hope this will boast her confidence up and start being consistent again! Was kinda worried when following the match @ the office when she was down a set and 3-5 but glad she kept her composure (:eek: ) and fought and won 8 straight games! :cool:

Against Li should be trickier. She needs to keep her serve % high and keep the DFs low. A winnable match on the paper so hopefully Bepa's ready for the challenge :armed:

A Bepa vs Tati final would be :drool: for me :angel:

~Kiera~
Mar 14th, 2007, 01:02 PM
I've just cut the most relevant piece out, but the full article can be found here:

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/03/coaching.html

Someone to Talk to. . .
Posted 03/13/2007 @ 10 :37 PM

If you’re anything like me, you tend to ignore things you don’t like. So I wasn’t paying a whole lot of attention to the ins-and-outs of on-court coaching until it appeared to have an impact to today's match, thanks to which the Pacific Life Open losts its top female seed, Maria Sharapova. She was leading Vera (Waaaaah!) Zvonareva by a set and 5-3 when the wheels fell off Sharpy's game. It’s hard to say exactly what happened, and Sharapova had no better theory than anyone else when the smoke finally cleared. “I just deflated a little bit,” she said in her presser. “I wasn’t moving well, I missed a lot of first serves and that obviously gives your opponent so much confidence. She just started swinging and wasn’t making a lot of errors.”

One thing that did happen was that Zvonareva, who has had a disconcerting habit of physically abusing herself with the racquet (Take that, knee! How do you like that smack, ankle!) and bursting into tears amid emotional meltdowns (it’s not a question of if! It’s a question of when.) really pulled her game together following her post second-set consultation with her mentor, Sam Sumyk.

I’m not sure how much to make of that factor, because Sharapova understated the effect of her service struggles; this is a player who’s lost in the desert without a canteen when she’s not bringing the hard, high one. Today, she threw in some stinkbombs that would make her countrywoman Elena Dementieva green with envy. But British journalist David Law was onto something when, noting that Zvonareva has suffered from nerves in past matches, he asked Sharapova if the cordial visits Zvonareva had with Samyk had anything to do with the outcome.

Maria, who is a stonewaller of the highest order, gave the usual stock answer about not worrying about what her opponent is doing and how she’s handling her nerves and blah-blah-blah. Zvonareva’s take was a little different. In her presser, she said:

You know, we don't really -- it wasn't like about something, like, a game play on something. It was just more to concentrate on myself. And he just told me to go for my shots, like, because sometimes I had a doubt, maybe I shouldn't do, maybe I should change. He told me just go for it, you know, your game is great and you have the shots, so I just have to do it. I think that was the most important thing at that moment.

Later, she added:

I think for me, it doesn't really do a huge difference, you know, 'cause I think I can figure it out pretty good on my own. But I played only two or three matches where my coach was able to come on court, so it's too early to say about is there a big difference. I don't have that much experience in it.

But, for sure, just like support. It's great to have a coach. I think it would be too much to -- if coach would be able to come out every change-over. Still tennis is an individual sport. But between the sets, if you can get that extra support, it definitely can take your game to the next level.

So I guess it was mere coincidence that Zvonareva wasn't wailing or trying to use her racquet as a meat tenderizer on her thigh as the third set unrolled.

Paranoia
Mar 14th, 2007, 01:44 PM
After leading 4-2 Vera lost 1st set 4-6 :-(

Epigone
Mar 14th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Na Li d. Bepa 6-4 7-5 :sobbing: :bigcry: :crying2: :hug:

Bepa needs to sit in the corner after this loss :help:

She threw away the 1st set and then choked really badly in the 2nd set :help:

Just horrible :help:

Fililander
Mar 14th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Unbelieveable. I am speechless.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 14th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Vera :fiery:
4-2 in 1st set............ 4-6 :help:
5-1 in 2nd set............5-7 :rolleyes:

what a wasted chance.....:fiery: :( :( :(

rrfnpump
Mar 14th, 2007, 02:53 PM
worst match I have ever seen by Vera, seriously :o
7 winners to 31 UEs doesnt need any comment, horrible serving as well

really disappointed now :( :(

goldenlox
Mar 14th, 2007, 03:02 PM
These posts are out of order. Vera had a great opportunity.

goldenlox
Mar 14th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Vera has never won a Tier I or II. This would be very big. And she's starting to play good doubles too.

~Kiera~
Mar 14th, 2007, 05:05 PM
A Bepa vs Tati final would be :drool: for me :angel:

Same here :yeah:

Epigone
Mar 14th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Bepa/Nathalie d. Likhovtseva/Medina Garrigues 6-7(5) 6-3 10-7 :banana: :woohoo:

Still, it means little after the choke earlier :o

Fililander
Mar 14th, 2007, 07:28 PM
At least she won in the doubles. 6-7 6-3 10-7

Paranoia
Mar 14th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Unbelievable but true :-(

I am very depressive too!

~Kiera~
Mar 14th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Vera :help:

That really was bad.

slk45
Mar 14th, 2007, 07:51 PM
BEPA!! :bigcry: :sobbing:
You really should have won that, Vera!! :hug: :smooch:

Na Li had 91% of 1st serves in in the 1st set, while Bepa was 59% in both sets! 6 DFs for Bepa! :o

Good luck in the doubles, though!! :bounce:

the cat
Mar 14th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Sad loss for Vera. :( She really messed up a golden opportunity to go far in a Tier 1. :mad: :banghead: Vera needed to follow up her great win over Sharapova with a quality performance against Li. But she didn't.

Foot's Fingers
Mar 15th, 2007, 02:06 AM
vERA :o :mad: :fiery:

ugly mtach nothing to add Was going to throw tvset again
can't expect losing 5-2 leads and SPs in 3 different games

It's bad i was right
win over Masha now means nothing

Golden chance for Tier I at least final apperance wasted :smash:

Foot's Fingers
Mar 15th, 2007, 02:07 AM
what's going on with msgs?????????

why my msg is posted before rrfnpump :confused: and dated 04:06 AM :rolleyes:

Foot's Fingers
Mar 15th, 2007, 02:10 AM
have checked i have correct Time settings......

wonder wonder....

trying again

Now 09-10 am

Foot's Fingers
Mar 15th, 2007, 02:11 AM
cannot really be happy about the doubles win, but :)

now against Chuang/Chan (TPE) who have reached 16th consecutive finals or something like that... come on Vera and Nathalie, end this streak ;)

and if i quote last msg???

well, at least i feel better after Vera's loss now :lol:

Foot's Fingers
Mar 15th, 2007, 02:11 AM
muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhaaaa haaaaaa :haha:

ok

Vera still in dbl

Time to stop Chuang/Chan before final :rocker2:

ZIZOUILLE
Mar 15th, 2007, 02:41 AM
Bepa :smash:

goldenlox
Mar 15th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Vera had a good tournament. She has to be more consistent.

rrfnpump
Mar 15th, 2007, 05:50 AM
cannot really be happy about the doubles win, but :)

now against Chuang/Chan (TPE) who have reached 16th consecutive finals or something like that... come on Vera and Nathalie, end this streak ;)

goldenlox
Mar 15th, 2007, 08:30 AM
interesting news:

Vera is coming to Israel in start of may for the celebration of the 30 years of The Israeli "Center of Tennis". She will play Exhibition match against Shahar Peer and than Mixed doubles with Andi Ram against Peer/Erlich.

That's because she is friends with Ram. They won Wimbledon mixed.

itzhak
Mar 15th, 2007, 01:02 PM
interesting news:

Vera is coming to Israel in start of may for the celebration of the 30 years of The Israeli "Center of Tennis". She will play Exhibition match against Shahar Peer and than Mixed doubles with Andi Ram against Peer/Erlich.

~Kiera~
Mar 15th, 2007, 04:40 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/indianwells/f_15.jpg

Indian Wells, CA, USA (March 13): Vera Zvonareva posed with members of the Charter Club.

slk45
Mar 15th, 2007, 04:57 PM
These posts are out of order. Vera had a great opportunity.

That's because our idiot Congress started DST 3 weeks early. The time is out of sync with the rest of the world.

vERA :o :mad: :fiery:

win over Masha now means nothing No, it's still a significant win, beating #1 to get into the QFs.

As GoldieLox said (with perhaps more than a hint of bias and glee ;) ), Vera had a good tournament.

goldenlox
Mar 15th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Vera had a good tournament. Beating Sharapova doesn't mean Vera was going to win the tournament.
Sharapova was only here to sell cameras.

the cat
Mar 15th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Vera had a good tournament. Beating Sharapova doesn't mean Vera was going to win the tournament.
Sharapova was only here to sell cameras.

Why do you have to take away from the biggest win of Vera's career? :scratch: If Maria was only there to sell cameras then she wouldn't have been serving for a straight set win against Vera at one point. Unfortunately Vera couldn't follow up her great win over world #1 Sharapova with a good win. But that's life on the WTA Tour.

goldenlox
Mar 16th, 2007, 01:57 AM
That wasn't her biggest win. That was a round of 16 win against a camera salesgirl.
Vera's biggest win was in the Fed Cup final with Nastya.
Also her USO doubles final with Dechy.
Vera's biggest singles win was probably against Venus.

Foot's Fingers
Mar 16th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Friday, March 16, 2007
STADIUM 1 start 11:00 am
WTA - [12]N Li (CHN) vs [14]D Hantuchova (SVK)
Not Before 12:30 PM
ATP - [14]D Ferrer (ESP) vs [12]N Djokovic (SRB)
Not Before 2:00 PM
WTA - [33]S Bammer (AUT) vs [2]S Kuznetsova (RUS)
ATP - [1] J Bjorkman (SWE) / M Mirnyi (BLR) vs [5] M Damm (CZE) / L Paes (IND)
Not Before 7:00 PM
ATP - [13]A Murray (GBR) vs [9]T Haas (GER)
WTA - [4] N Dechy (FRA) / V Zvonareva (RUS) vs [5] Y Chan (TPE) / C Chuang (TPE)

Go girls!!!

Epigone
Mar 16th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Vera is coming to Israel in start of may for the celebration of the 30 years of The Israeli "Center of Tennis". She will play Exhibition match against Shahar Peer and than Mixed doubles with Andi Ram against Peer/Erlich.Sounds interesting :banana:Vera's biggest singles win was probably against Venus.I agree :p

Good luck in doubles! :bounce:

Fililander
Mar 17th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Zvonarechy first set 4-6 :help:

Epigone
Mar 17th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Y Chan/C Chuang d. Bepa/Nathalie 6-4 6-4 :sobbing: :bigcry: :crying2:

Fililander
Mar 17th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Also out in the doubles:sad: . Well, that was Indian Wells for this year.

rrfnpump
Mar 17th, 2007, 09:45 AM
stupid loss :( :(

better luck in Miami, Vera :hug:

tobi
Mar 17th, 2007, 12:38 PM
a good win vs Sharapova :)

Then :(

Anyway good luck in Miami Vera :hug:

daniela86
Mar 18th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Disappointing loss in doubles :sad: :sad:
Good luck in Miami,Bepa :hug: :bigclap: :bigclap:!

Epigone
Mar 19th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Bottom half of the Miami draw

Jankovic
Bye
Peng
Vesnina
Craybas
Vinci
Bye
Santangelo

Golovin
Bye
Tulyaganova
Qualifier
Bardina
Ancic
Bye
Chakvetadze

Li
Bye
Qualifier
Molik
Martic
Jidkova
Bye
Srebotnik

Stosur
Bye
Qualifer
Poutchkova
Morigami
Wozniak
Bye
Clijsters

Petrova
Bye
Dechy
Pin
Qualifier
Rezai
Bye
Bremond

Sugiyama
Bye
Camerin
Yakimova
Dominguez Lino
Granville
Bye
Safina

Hantuchova
Bye
Shaughnessy
Larcherde Brito
Tu
Oprandi
Bye
Zvonareva

Muller
Bye
Pennetta
Razzano
King
Sun
Bye
Henin

It will be interersting if Meilen wins her 1st round match :devil:

KV
Mar 19th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Good luck at Miami

rrfnpump
Mar 19th, 2007, 08:43 PM
dont like the draw :( :(

tobi
Mar 20th, 2007, 08:45 AM
good luck Vera :)

Foot's Fingers
Mar 20th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Good Luck Vera

Dani should tired

JHH doesn't like Miami don't rememebr she has good results here + Vera knows how to beat world leader Then Nadia/Dinara who both not on theirs best

Then Chakvetadze

so really really easy draw

Harju.
Mar 20th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Uh a possible Meilen vs Bepa. LOL. Want to guess what magazine their coach would be reading this time? :tape:

azmad_88
Mar 20th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Udachi VerA!!!!!!!

daniela86
Mar 20th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Good luck Vera :cool: :cool: Tu/Oprandi are definitly beatable :) and Vera has beaten Dani in the past :) Hope Vera can win at least 2 matchs here :D
In doubles,she teamed up with Nathalie again and they are the 7th seeds.
Here is their part of da draw:

(1) Raymond/Stosur vs. Bartoli/Tu
Garbin/Molik vs. Fedak/Perebiynis
Ivanovic/Kirilenko vs. Loit/Pratt
Kuznetsova/Petrova vs. (7) Dechy/Zvonareva

Very tough first round :unsure: :unsure:

Epigone
Mar 20th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Bepa and Nathalie are in trouble :help:

Good luck!

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2007, 11:26 AM
Vera said she enjoys fashion. She should go get involved in Miami,

The tournament will feature on-site fashion shows from designers such as Diane von Furstenberg and Roberto Cavalli, along with themed nights such as fire (pyrotechnics) and South Beach (hot bodies, dancing and costumes).

Foot's Fingers
Mar 21st, 2007, 11:28 AM
Crazy dbls Draw

Harju.
Mar 21st, 2007, 03:01 PM
The worst possible draw ever in double. Good luck :scared:

slk45
Mar 21st, 2007, 05:30 PM
Vera said she enjoys fashion. She should go get involved in Miami,

The tournament will feature on-site fashion shows from designers such as Diane von Furstenberg and Roberto Cavalli, along with themed nights such as fire (pyrotechnics) and South Beach (hot bodies, dancing and costumes).These designers never give Vera anything that looks decent. Most of the stuff they hang on tennis players (or models, for that matter) looks bizarre.

Foot's Fingers
Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:49 PM
It will be Tu in second rnd

Good luck

goldenlox
Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
Lets see if Vera can continue some of her IW form. Who does she ask for during coaching breaks?

slk45
Mar 23rd, 2007, 02:52 AM
Lets see if Vera can continue some of her IW form. Who does she ask for during coaching breaks?Let's see, I'm not going to be there, so write this down, Vera, and look at it during the changeovers:

"You've got the game, Bepa, so stay confident and go for your shots!! Past points are over, so concentrate on this one!!"

Vera is 4th up (last) on Court 6.

GO BEPA!! :bounce: :bounce:

azmad_88
Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:25 AM
all the best vera.,...hope u can do well and beat tu!

andrewbroad
Mar 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=10349064#post10349064 (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=10349064#post10349064)

Fililander
Mar 23rd, 2007, 09:06 PM
Vera wins 6-4 6-2. Overall no problems for Vera. But when she lead 4-1 40-0 and made three double faults in a row i had very strange feelings:help: :tape: :mad: . But she saved the breakpoint and took the match home. :worship: :kiss:

KV
Mar 23rd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Good comfortable win :)

slk45
Mar 23rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
:hug: Good win, Bepa!! :smooch: However, she's got to get her serve going better for the next round. She will likely be playing Dani.

BEPA...............1st...............2nd
Aces................. 2 ............... 0
DFs................... 2 ............... 3
1st % ............... 44 ............. 65
1st pts..........100% (11/11)....75% (15/20)
2nd pts.......... 64% (9/14) .. 45% (5/11)
BPs ................... 1/1 ............. 2/2

GO BEPA!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

slk45
Mar 23rd, 2007, 09:26 PM
Vera won just in time. Play is now suspended a/c rain. :umbrella:

rrfnpump
Mar 23rd, 2007, 09:47 PM
good win, Vera, 100% points won on first serve in first set :yeah: :D
but needs to play better against (most likely) Hantuchova... me wants a repeat of Auckland last year!

goldenlox
Mar 23rd, 2007, 11:55 PM
Next match will be a good test for Vera.

Harju.
Mar 24th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Good win, Bepa :yeah:
Against Dani would be tougher. Hope she's ready.

azmad_88
Mar 24th, 2007, 06:25 AM
goo vera...go and take dani down!

daniela86
Mar 24th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Solid win against Tu as almost always:yeah: :yeah: :bounce: :rocker2:
Congrats :D and good luck against Dani :) :D
Vera can beat her again imo :) Both are my faves but I hope Vera wins :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Davaiii!!! :rocker2: :rocker2:

goldenlox
Mar 25th, 2007, 01:35 AM
I thought Vera was going to make the final when she beat Sharapova.
Vera is so inconsistent. Very capable of beating Dani

azmad_88
Mar 25th, 2007, 12:43 PM
so nervous

~Kiera~
Mar 25th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Good luck, Vera.

KV
Mar 25th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Good luck vs. Daniela

slk45
Mar 25th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Vera and Dani are 4th up on Court 2.

GO BEPA!! :banana: :banana:

andrewbroad
Mar 25th, 2007, 04:45 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=291651 (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=291651)

KV
Mar 25th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Bepa leads 6-2 4-2 :)

KV
Mar 25th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Bepa through 6-2 6-4 :bounce:

goldenlox
Mar 25th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Great win for Vera. Now she plays Justine, who is beatable here.

Fililander
Mar 25th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Nice win for Vera:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :worship: :drive: . She allowed only 4 breakpoints in one game and saved them all. Also she had a good serve with 4 Aces and only 2 double faults.

slk45
Mar 25th, 2007, 08:04 PM
:hug: Excellent win, Bepa!!! :smooch: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

BEPA....................... 1st ......... 2nd
Aces......................... 1 ............ 3
DF............................ 1 ............ 1
1st serve.................. 67% ........ 70%
1st serve pts............. 78% ........ 76%
2nd serve pts............ 44% ........ 67%
BP........................... 2/2 ......... 1/4

Henin is next up in the 4R. Razzano was very close to beating her today.
You will have to be on your toes, Bepa!! A quick straight sets match!!

Paranoia
Mar 25th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Omg :eek:

This was quite the perfect match wasn't it? What a performance from Vera :worship:

I have to celebrate this great victory now :lick:

Thanks a lot Vera. Like I said earlier, just believe in yourself and attack attack attack ..... ;)

Paranoia
Mar 25th, 2007, 08:49 PM
And now beat henin please! Henin was 6-2 2-6 1-5 down against Razzano.
Maybe you can do better? Let's try it babe :kiss:

daniela86
Mar 26th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Congrats Vera :cool: :cool: I knew you could do it :banana: :banana: :banana: :rocker2: Try your best tomorrow :unsure: :bounce: You have nothing to lose :bounce:

Fililander
Mar 26th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Vera will play against Henin 19.00 CET today. Could be the live match on Eurosport.

goldenlox
Mar 26th, 2007, 02:41 AM
Now Vera has to put good matches together, not go up and down. This is where you want to play Justine. She doesn't have good results in Miami.

rrfnpump
Mar 26th, 2007, 08:06 AM
great win, Vera :yeah: :D
2-0 vs Hantuchova now

why couldnt Razzano take out Henin :banghead: :(
well, Vera has to do it then!

Fililander
Mar 26th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Vera will play against Henin 19.00 CET today. Could be the live match on Eurosport.

It is the live match. Hope no rain or something else.

tobi
Mar 26th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Vera :)

Now good luck vs. Justine :)

KV
Mar 26th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Scoreline was too harsh on Vera, match was closer than result. But most importantly Bepa remains consistent made last 16 again.

rrfnpump
Mar 26th, 2007, 06:47 PM
2/6 BP conversion and only 42% points won on first serve
it was a bad match by Vera, missed easy shots often and couldnt end the rally with a winner instead allowing Henin to come back...

anyway, still doubles today
Miami was another solid tournament, again did more than just lift up to the seeding!

pav
Mar 26th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I was of course hoping for better,but never easy against that little bugger NR!

Fililander
Mar 26th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Vera :sad:

Good luck in the doubles.

pav
Mar 26th, 2007, 07:01 PM
2/6 BP conversion and only 42% points won on first serve
it was a bad match by Vera, missed easy shots often and couldnt end the rally with a winner instead allowing Henin to come back...

anyway, still doubles today
Miami was another solid tournament, again did more than just lift up to the seeding!
Hey You are a dreaded mod.! does that mean you can give Me a warning for dissing Arm a Lee :confused: (bugger that gave me a warning said Bepa was too fat a while back,naughty turkey, or crow :) )

rrfnpump
Mar 26th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Hey You are a dreaded mod.! does that mean you can give Me a warning for dissing Arm a Lee :confused: (bugger that gave me a warning said Bepa was too fat a while back,naughty turkey, or crow :) )

yes. :)
but right now, I will take care of pierce...

I still hope Nadya/Sveta withdraw from doubles :unsure:

~Kiera~
Mar 26th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Vera :sad:

I'd love to hear her conversations with Sam at the end of a set. I know the Eurosport commentators always have a lot to say about them when they come back from the advert break.

Kipling
Mar 26th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I guess this is a little late, since Vera lost today, but I'll post it anyway.

I watched every minute as Vera annihilated Hantuchova on Court 2 yesterday, and came away very impressed. Vera was spectacular defensively, running down almost everything. She served very well, returned well, and from my vantage point, wasn't makng many UEs. She looked confident, and basically, she just ran Hantuchova ragged.

At the time, I felt she'd give Henin a great match. Sadly, I guess today wasn't her day. Better luck next time, Vera.

:)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d138/BrentBlackburn/VeraZ2007Miami01.jpg

rrfnpump
Mar 27th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Kuznetsova/Petrova (RUS/RUS) d. (7)Zvonareva/Dechy (RUS/FRA) 75 63

if Nadya and Sveta withdraw now I will be very mad :fiery:

pav
Mar 27th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Iwas already mad when those two bumheads didn't convert their setpoint :fiery:

tobi
Mar 27th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Vera :(

Good luck in Amelia Island now

rrfnpump
Mar 29th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Vera's H2H against Top30

#1 Henin 0-4
#2 Sharapova 3-4
#3 Mauresmo 0-7 :help:
#4 Clijsters 0-5 (3 sets won)
#5 Kuznetsova 3-7
#6 Hingis 0-1
#7 Petrova 1-4
#8 Vaidisova 1-0
#9 Jankovic 2-2
#10 Chakvetadze 2-0

#11 Dementieva 0-2
#12 Safina 1-3
#13 Hantuchova 2-0
#14 Schnyder 2-1
#15 Peer 2-0
#16 Ivanovic 1-1
#17 S.Williams 1-3
#18 Li 0-2
#20 Golovin 2-0

#21 Schiavone 5-0
#22 Srebotnik 3-0
#23 Bartoli 3-1
#24 Garbin 2-0
#25 Safarova 0-0
#26 Sugiyama 1-1
#27 Stosur 2-2
#28 Grönefeld 1-1
#29 Bammer 1-0
#30 Santangelo 0-0

vs Top10 : 12-34
vs Top20 : 11-12
vs Top30 : 18-5

Vera needs to be more consistant, she has to play better against the Top players... in her match v Li she made an 8/30 winner/UE ratio and about the same in the Henin match this week.

pav
Mar 29th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Vera's H2H against Top30

#1 Henin 0-4
#2 Sharapova 3-4
#3 Mauresmo 0-7 :help:
#4 Clijsters 0-5 (3 sets won)
#5 Kuznetsova 3-7
#6 Hingis 0-1
#7 Petrova 1-4
#8 Vaidisova 1-0
#9 Jankovic 2-2
#10 Chakvetadze 2-0

#11 Dementieva 0-2
#12 Safina 1-3
#13 Hantuchova 2-0
#14 Schnyder 2-1
#15 Peer 2-0
#16 Ivanovic 1-1
#17 S.Williams 1-3
#18 Li 0-2
#20 Golovin 2-0

#21 Schiavone 5-0
#22 Srebotnik 3-0
#23 Bartoli 3-1
#24 Garbin 2-0
#25 Safarova 0-0
#26 Sugiyama 1-1
#27 Stosur 2-2
#28 Grönefeld 1-1
#29 Bammer 1-0
#30 Santangelo 0-0

vs Top10 : 12-34
vs Top20 : 11-12
vs Top30 : 18-5

Vera needs to be more consistant, she has to play better against the Top players... in her match v Li she made an 8/30 winner/UE ratio and about the same in the Henin match this week.
Agree with you, hate that #3 stat:fiery: want Bepa to beat that bugger before she leaves the scene. My 1st and second fav players managed the same not good scoreline against that little Belgian ex metrosexual bonker:sad:

I hope everyone is glued to the TV watching NZ playingt West Indies in the cricket world cup Pigdog Styris batting

rrfnpump
Mar 31st, 2007, 08:05 PM
Vera's section of the draw at Amelia Island

(9)Vera Zvonareva (RUS) v Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA)
Virginie Razzano (FRA) v Vania King (USA)
Meghann Shaughnessy (USA) v Qualifier
(7)Na Li (CHN) v BYE

Tanasugarn on clay should be no problem, but Razzano and King will be tougher... Li Na again :(

Fililander
Mar 31st, 2007, 08:17 PM
Na Li :help:
This will be tough.

daniela86
Mar 31st, 2007, 09:35 PM
Na Li :help:
This will be tough.

Yeah :help: but Vera is supposed to be a better clay courts player than Li so maybe she can do something nice:hehehe: Razzano can be very dangerous tough :scared: and I admit I am a bit scared of her too :scared:
Davai Bepa!! :rocker2: :rocker2: Go and kick ass on clay!! :rocker2: :rocker2: :bounce:

andrewbroad
Mar 31st, 2007, 11:34 PM
if (fanOf("Daniela Hantuchová")) {see("http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/message/3913 (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/message/3913)");

} else {see("http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=10413602#post10413602 (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=10413602#post10413602)");}

Harju.
Apr 1st, 2007, 05:46 AM
Good luck Bepa!
I think Bepa is a better clay court than Li, but she needs to clear the hurdle for the first two rounds! Vamos!

azmad_88
Apr 1st, 2007, 06:36 AM
go vera!@! u can do it!

tobi
Apr 2nd, 2007, 12:14 AM
Bepa withdrew from the event :( :shrug:

~Kiera~
Apr 2nd, 2007, 02:45 AM
Bepa withdrew from the event :( :shrug:

It says she withdrew due to an upper respiratory illness.

Get well soon, Vera :hug:

rrfnpump
Apr 2nd, 2007, 08:27 AM
:( :sad:

hopefully nothing serious and she just needs some rest.

Fililander
Apr 2nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
So eine Sch.....:sad: :sad:

Get well soon Vera. :bounce:

goldenlox
Apr 2nd, 2007, 07:31 PM
Get well soon. She had some nice wins at IW and Miami.
Now she can get healthy and rest her wrists

Fililander
Apr 4th, 2007, 01:20 PM
New diary entry from vera:

Всем привет !
Надеюсь, всё хорошо и все рады весне :)
Я сейчас в Амелия Айленд. К сожалению, мне пришлось сняться с турнира. В Майами у меня обострилась астма и я не успела восстановиться к Амелии и пришлось здесь пропустить турнир. Но ничего страшного, мне наконец-то выписали правильное лекарство и я чувствую себя намного лучше! Так что планирую в четвер переехать в Чарльстно и уже там начать тренироваться. А вот ещё слышала, что в Москве совсем весна, хочется чтобы
К моему приезду погода не испортилась :)
ВСЕМ ПОКА,
ДО СЛЕДУЮЩЕЙ ВСТРЕЧИ!

Can someone translate it please?

Bolero
Apr 4th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Get well soon and kick some ass on the red gravel

goldenlox
Apr 4th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Vera skipped AI because of asthma, but will play the FCC.

She might be on the Fed Cup team too.

~Kiera~
Apr 4th, 2007, 07:48 PM
New diary entry from vera:

Всем привет !
Я сейчас в Амелия Айленд. К сожалению, мне пришлось сняться с турнира. В Майами у меня обострилась астма и я не успела восстановиться к Амелии и пришлось здесь пропустить турнир. Но ничего страшного, мне наконец-то выписали правильное лекарство и я чувствую себя намного лучше! Так что планирую в четвер переехать в Чарльстно и уже там начать тренироваться. А вот ещё слышала, что в Москве совсем весна, хочется чтобы
ВСЕМ ПОКА,
ДО СЛЕДУЮЩЕЙ ВСТРЕЧИ!

Can someone translate it please?

Hopefully somebody can provide a more accurate translation, as half of this doesn't make much sense, but for now here's the google version:

All greetings! I hope all is well and happy spring I now Amelia Island. Unfortunately, I had to deregister with the tournament. In Miami, I have worsened asthma and I do not have time to recover and Amelia had to be here to skip the tournament. But nothing wrong, I finally came right medication and I feel much better! So plan to onequarter move to Charlstno and already there to train. But even heard that in Moscow is spring, it is that to my arrival the weather isportilaci NOT ALL, TO THE NEXT MEETING!

andrewbroad
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:38 PM
------
Photos
------

http://www.zvonareva.ru/media/photo/oncourt/2007/1/en (http://www.zvonareva.ru/media/photo/oncourt/2007/1/en)
has added a couple of nice on-court photos of Bepa which I haven't seen before.

===========================
BAUSCH & LOMB CHAMPIONSHIPS (Amelia Island, Florida, USA; green clay; WTA Tier II)
=========================== http://www.blchamps.com/ (http://www.blchamps.com/)

Bepa has withdrawn from this tournament with what the draw (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/draws/) describes as an upper respiratory illness, and what WTA Notes & Netcords (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/media/notesandnetcords/) describes as a lower respiratory illness.

According to Bepa herself, it's asthma:

The English translation (http://www.zvonareva.ru/diary/en/):
>>>
From Amelia
4 April 2007

Hello everyone!
Hope all is well and all happy in this spring.
Now I am being in Amelia Island. Unfortunately I had to be taken off from the tournament. In Miami I had a problem with astma and I didn't have a chance to restored to Amelia Island and I must missed this tournament. But nothing bad, to me prescribe a effect medicine and I felt myself better now! So I will have a plan to go to Charleston on Thursday and to begin to practice.
I heard yet, that in Moscow now very fine spring weather, and I want a a weather was not spoilt when I arrived !

See you, next meet!
<<<

The Russian original (http://www.zvonareva.ru/diary/):
>>>
Из Амелии
4 апреля 2007 года

Всем привет !
ВСЕМ ПОКА,
ДО СЛЕДУЮЩЕЙ ВСТРЕЧИ!
<<<

=======
FED CUP
======= http://www.fedcup.com/ (http://www.fedcup.com/)
World Group: First round {21st-22nd April}
------------------------

* Russia v Spain (Moscow, Russia; indoor red clay)

Maria Sharapova (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/shara/)'s withdrawal means that Bepa should get a place on the Russian team alongside Svetlana Kuznetsova, Nadia Petrova and Anna Chakvetadze (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/chakv/).

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/)

andrewbroad
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:46 PM
================= {2006}
THE CHAMPIONSHIPS (Wimbledon, England; grass; Grand Slam)
================= http://championships.wimbledon.org/ (http://championships.wimbledon.org/)

I have just uploaded my extended report of the mixed-doubles semi-final between Vera Zvonarëva/Andy Ram and Cara Black/Wayne Black, with a blow-by-blow description of every point, and new section "Statistics", to:

http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/reports.html (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/reports.html)

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/)

Harju.
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Get well soon, Bepa :hug:

slk45
Apr 6th, 2007, 04:34 AM
I just returned from Amelia Island. It was a major disappointment to find out Vera wasn't playing.

I arrived Jacksonville about 130am Saturday morning, and went up to AI later in the morning. I didn't see Vera anywhere all day. Sunday morning I found her talking to Meilen Tu. She told me then she wasn't playing, that she didn't feel well. But she didn't say what she had. I asked whether she had the flu, but she just said no, that she was ok (after the medication, apparently). Obviously, not ok enough to play though.

I didn't see her at all Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, except she came in for a while to watch Tu's matches. Then she left right away. Wednesday afternoon she came back to practice.
Get well soon. She had some nice wins at IW and Miami.
Now she can get healthy and rest her wristsI asked Vera again about her wrists and again she said "no, they're ok." But before she started practicing, she wrapped them up. She was on court between 2 and 3 hours, so her wrists aren't getting any rest. I think she had a practice session at the Ritz Carlton earlier in the week.

I asked Vera if she was going to Charleston, and she said "I'm going to try."

:topic: I was talking to Sam, and said, "Can I ask you a personal question?" He said, "Sure." I told him that it was thought that he and Meilen were married, and asked if that was so. He said, "no." I added that Mary Joe Fernandez, while commentating on the AO, had said that he and Tu were engaged. He said, "Mary Joe was speculating. She didn't have any information. It is true now, but it wasn't true at the time she said it." I asked, "which is true? married or engaged?" and he answered "Engaged. Recently."

For those who were bewildered by Vera's loss to Oprandi a while ago, I have a partial answer. Oprandi is deadly on the drop shots. I watched her play Victoria Azarenka, who is a feisty player, and talented. Oprandi ran over her 6-1, 6-1. She threw in about 15 drop shots and didn't miss a one. Vika had no chance of getting to them.

Vera shouldn't suffer much in the rankings by missing AI, and hopefully she will be back healthy for Charleston.

Pata
Apr 7th, 2007, 07:09 AM
New Vera's entry - http://www.zvonareva.ru/diary/en/

In Charleston now - 6 April 2007

Hello everyone!
Today I arrived in Charleston from Amelia. I was driving about 3.5 hours, not so long :). But I took much bags, and was difficult put it on the car. I don’t represent how I will fly in Moscow with this luggage? I have internet in the hotel and I can write my diary! But now is 9 o’clock pm and I want to sleep. Verochka Dushevina gave me Russian old film about the war and I think that I will see it now. For a long time I don’t see the Russian films.
And still I read today different sport news and casually I seen that Dinarka (Safina) will not play Fedcup, and the last number of our team will be Lena Vesnina. There was wrote that I have a virus infection and it’s the reason that I will not playing Fedcup. It was surprise for me, because I haven’t the virus infection, I wrote about this early, I had a problem with asthma. Now I recover my health and I have a plan to play in Charleston. I did’t get the invitation from Russian team.
So… I haven’t now any news:)
See you!

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 7th, 2007, 07:51 AM
hope she can play this tourn at full health

good luck Vera ;) :hug:

azmad_88
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:55 AM
go vera! rock the Charleston clay!@!!

pav
Apr 7th, 2007, 07:16 PM
[quote=slk45;10455291]I just returned from Amelia Island. It was a major disappointment to find out Vera wasn't playing.
I bet you were pissed!

She told me then she wasn't playing, that she didn't feel well. But she didn't say what she had. I asked whether she had the flu, but she just said no, that she was ok (after the medication, apparently). Obviously, not ok enough to play though.

I asked Vera again about her wrists and again she said "no, they're ok."

I asked Vera if she was going to Charleston, and she said "I'm going to try."
She always seems surprised that anyone wants to know things about her,hence the little start when she answers,and then just says she is OK, part of being Miss Modest I think.
:topic: I was talking to Sam, and said, "Can I ask you a personal question?" He said, "Sure."
He was probably expecting a question about his hairstyle :)

goldenlox
Apr 7th, 2007, 07:54 PM
2 diary entries in 3 days! Vera is on a roll!

rrfnpump
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Nicole Vaidisova CZE [1] has a BYE
Alina Jidkova RUS vs Michaella Krajicek NED [WC]
Virginie Razzano FRA vs Meghann Shaughnessy USA
Alicia Molik AUS vs Sybille Bammer AUT [15]

Vera Zvonareva RUS [9] vs Nathalie Dechy FRA
Meilen Tu USA vs Flavia Pennetta ITA
[Q/LL] vs Gisela Dulko ARG
Ana Ivanović SRB [7] has a BYE

why does Vera always get so shitty draws, its unbelievable :o

Fililander
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Dont know what to think about this draw. :confused:
I wish Vera good luck and hope she is able to play the tournament.

andrewbroad
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:18 PM
================= {2006}
THE CHAMPIONSHIPS (Wimbledon, England; grass; Grand Slam)
================= http://championships.wimbledon.org/ (http://championships.wimbledon.org/)

I have just uploaded my extended report of the mixed-doubles final between Vera Zvonarëva/Andy Ram and Venus Williams/Bob Bryan, with a blow-by-blow description of every point, and new section "Statistics", to:

http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/reports.html (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/reports.html)

For those who won't bother to read my full report, this was the most brilliant display of doubles I have ever seen!! Bepa was in sparkling form from the baseline and hit some wonderful lobs, and some lovely touch-volleys, while Andy complemented her game with some dynamic interceptions at the net.

Most remarkably of all, Bepa seemed completely uninhibited and free of the negative emotions she so often displays in singles - no tears, no tantrums, just a big smile on her lovely face from start to finish.

The commentators just couldn't stop praising Bepa:

"She really does crack that ball, particularly on the forehand."
"That's the power that she has at her disposal, Vera."
"A little flavour of what Vera Zvonarëva is capable of - what a super shot."
"Really impressive - I mean, it's just absolutely dynamic tennis."
"Zvonarëva so good from the back!"
"She doesn't mind who's hitting to her, and how hard they hit - she can cope with that."
"And a lovely shot from Zvonarëva - inch-perfect."
"It's heartening to see Vera Zvonarëva, who's gone through a really tough time over the last two or three years, to see her playing as well as this, and enjoying her tennis as much as she is."
"It's just brilliant!"
"She just holds her own, Vera Zvonarëva, and comes up with something special at the end."
"She's done so many brilliant shots!"
"Zvonarëva is looking like a world-beater!"
"She's using so much variety of shot."
"Boy has she got talent as well as the power."
"tremendous power and variety"
"absolutely sparkling mixed doubles"
"Again, Zvonarëva catching the eye with some scintillating play."
"She wants to wrap this form up and take it around with her wherever she goes."
"So talented!"
"Vera Zvonarëva played the most extraordinary tennis in that 55 minutes."
"Zvonarëva was on fire. She played better than Ram. She was amazing."
"If she plays like this, how come she's not number one?"--
Dr. Andrew Broad

tobi
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:22 PM
good luck Vera in Charleston :)

slk45
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Vera is 2nd up on Stadium Court tomorrow (Monday).

azmad_88
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:08 AM
all the best vera zvonareva

slk45
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Tu awaits Bepa in 2nd R. Bepa now has to beat her doubles partner. :rolleyes:

Should be a doable combination, but starting on a low note.

azmad_88
Apr 9th, 2007, 04:03 PM
go vera

daniela86
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Vera won 6/4 6/4 :rocker2: :rocker2: Nice start on green clay :rocker2: :rocker2: Solid win :yeah: Well done! :D She shouldn't have many problems against her favourite victim either :p Davai :rocker2: :rocker2:

KV
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Good win :)

slk45
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:56 PM
GREAT WIN, BEPA!! :hug: :smooch:

Keep it going, now! :bounce: :bounce:

rrfnpump
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:57 PM
:yeah: :)
too bad for Nathalie though, Vera has to face all her friends here :sad:

but Nathalie seems to play better lately, I am optimistic about the doubles here!

pav
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Bepa:D She could have played at a better time:mad: it's 6.00a bloody m and too late to go back to bed:fiery:

goldenlox
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Vera has been playing well, but needs to be more consistent. I think Sveta will pull out of Fed Cup, and Vera might play a singles match or 2.

Fililander
Apr 9th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Nice win Vera.:worship: :bounce:

~Kiera~
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:07 PM
http://uk.reuters.com/article/tennisNews/idUKL0900495120070409

Tennis-Zvonareva waltzes into second round of Charleston event

CHARLESTON, South Carolina, April 9 (Reuters) - Ninth seed Vera Zvonareva beat doubles partner Nathalie Dechy of France 6-4 6-4 in the first round of the Family Circle Cup on Monday.

"We're friends off the court," Zvonareva told reporters at a chilly Charleston. "But as soon as we step on the court we try to be professional and play our best tennis."

The world number 20 from Russia is seeking her first title of the year. She lost to Serb Jelena Jankovic in the final at Auckland in January.

"I feel pretty good about my game," said Zvonareva. "I've improved as a player."

Dutch player Michaella Krajicek set up a meeting with top-seeded Czech Nicole Vaidisova after a 6-4 6-0 victory over Russian Alina Jidkova.

The tournament has been badly hit by injury with world number one Justine Henin, Maria Sharapova, Martina Hingis and Amelie Mauresmo all withdrawing.

Serena Williams is the third seed this week. Her sister Venus, the 2004 champion, is also competing.

azmad_88
Apr 10th, 2007, 06:14 AM
go vera

~Kiera~
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.abcnews4.com/news/stories/0407/412759.html

Very short clip of Vera's win over Dechy. She seems to be wearing a new outfit. The picture quality is pretty bad, though, so you can't see it too well.

slk45
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the clip, kiera123. A brief shot of Vera.

What the clip shows more than anything is how shallow the sportswriter's view of tennis is.

Epigone
Apr 10th, 2007, 05:16 PM
:wavey: to everyone

It seems like ages since I last posted in here :help:, but I've been in Japan/Europe since the 23rd of March and can't get online that much :crying2:

However, daniela86 :angel: has kept me updated on Bepa's results and she seems to be playing well.

Hopefully she will make it into the later rounds this week and I'll be able to watch her on Eurosport...

pav
Apr 10th, 2007, 06:35 PM
:wavey: to everyone

It seems like ages since I last posted in here :help:, but I've been in Japan/Europe since the 23rd of March and can't get online that much :crying2:

However, daniela86 :angel: has kept me updated on Bepa's results and she seems to be playing well.

Hopefully she will make it into the later rounds this week and I'll be able to watch her on Eurosport...
I've been going to post a "where the hell are You?" message,was worried you had gone over to the dark side of the force and become a momo fan:help: but you are waltzing around Japan/Europe promoting lamb chops:lick:

goldenlox
Apr 10th, 2007, 07:08 PM
"I feel pretty good about my game," said Zvonareva. "I've improved as a player."

Lets hope so

Fililander
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Finally they took MP#247 to win 6-0 6-7(3) 6-3. They could win the match easily within 50 Minutes. After a very good first set they leading 5-2 in the second set, wasting 2 MPs at 5-4 on serve and broken. Then leading 5-1 in the third set, wasting againt several Mps. Overall a wasting of much energy. Anyway congrats to reaching the next round.

Fililander
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I've been going to post a "where the hell are You?" message

Me too, after the double match. ;) :wavey:

~Kiera~
Apr 10th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Althea Gibson (from 10.00hrs)
1. Peer vs. Zheng
2. Zvonareva vs. Tu
3. Golovin vs. Craybas
4. Harkleroad/Mattek vs. Dechy/Zvonareva
5. Safina/Srebotnik vs. Granville/Kostanic Tosic

azmad_88
Apr 11th, 2007, 05:31 AM
go Vera..please win both matches

Epigone
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:09 AM
I've been going to post a "where the hell are You?" message,was worried you had gone over to the dark side of the force and become a momo fan:help: but you are waltzing around Japan/Europe promoting lamb chops:lick:Me too, after the double match. ;) :wavey:People missed me :awww:

I'm glad that I wasn't following that doubles match in Australia because I would have been :shout: at the brat for blowing MPs and keeping me from :zzz:

Let's hope for more convincing victories today :cool:

tobi
Apr 11th, 2007, 10:13 AM
what a struggle to close it out on doubles :help:

Anyway good luck Bepa today,win both matches please :hug:

~Kiera~
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:24 PM
From yesterday's doubles match:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7342/0000002120led3.jpg

Foot's Fingers
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Hello to all

Back to wtaworld since March 23 when my vacations in Russia have started

Thnks for all updates abt Vera It was interesting to read it, like i was following Vera that time

As Nicole is out - Vera has a huge chance to rock green clay this year
Good Luck

azmad_88
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:34 PM
we missed u...

hope vera can win tier1 this week

Foot's Fingers
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:35 PM
tu vera
vera tu

quite tired of Tu

azmad_88
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:39 PM
i dont really mind though..as long as vera comes out on top all the time :D

slk45
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Bepa is 2nd and 4th up on Althea Gibson Court.

I'm glad that I wasn't following that doubles match in Australia because I would have been :shout: at the brat for blowing MPs and keeping me from :zzz:I'm guessing Vera did the :shout: for you.
As Nicole is out - Vera has a huge chance to rock green clay this year Good LuckNicole is out, Serena is out!
Will Golovin have a letdown after her win at Amelia Island? Craybas is a crafty player, and could deflate her balloon.

This doubles match against Harkleroad/Mattek would be interesting to see.

Double duty today, Vera (pun not intended). But I know you're up to the task.

GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce:
GO BEPA/NAT!!! :bounce: :bounce:

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Vera could win this tournament. She needs to be consistent

azmad_88
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:07 PM
hopefully:)

Harju.
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Bepa vs Tu again. Bleah. Good luck Bepa.

daniela86
Apr 11th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Vera beat Tu 6/1 6/3 :rocker2: :rocker2: Well done :D :rocker2: even if she was helped by Tu's 10 dfs :help: :help:
Good luck against Ivanovic in the next round :rocker: :rocker: We want a repeat of the Australian Open :bounce: :bounce:!

slk45
Apr 11th, 2007, 05:15 PM
A good win by Bepa 6-1, 6-3, in under an hour, with a hiccup at 3-2 2nd set.

Aces......................... 1 ............ 2
DF............................ 0 ............ 2
1st serve.................. 73% ........ 50%
1st serve pts............. 63% ........ 91%
2nd serve pts............ 57% ........ 36%
BP Won.................... 3/4 ......... 3/7

Her serving deteriorated some in the 2nd set, but she picked up the play on those points.

Ivanovic has been a bit erratic the last 2 tournaments, losing to Shvedova at Miami and dropping a set to Peng at Amelia Island. But Ana got to the semis at AI.

Vera will need to be more consistent, and more aggressive. It's certainly winnable.

KV
Apr 11th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Excellent scoreline.

slk45
Apr 11th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Vera also had this match scheduled in good time. There's a 30% chance of rain in Charleston this afternoon, and 60% chance of rain tonight.

Golovin ran over Craybas 6-0 in 1st set. I hope Jill slows her down in the 2nd.

Fililander
Apr 11th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Good win Vera.

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Nice win. Vera can go all the way here, if she plays her best.

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2007, 07:44 PM
FCC pics

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070411/capt.bb92868e96934be6aa105cdc04785fe9.charleston_t ennis_scmc102.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070411/capt.761f503e1cba4e2f81c2c517e06ef2d3.charleston_s cmc101.jpg

rrfnpump
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:07 PM
nice win, Vera :angel:
I hope she can play her best tennis against Ivanovic, she will have to

Sybille Bammer seems like unbeatable these days, but Vera can beat her, too. Actually, she can beat anybody here. Hopefully she doesnt waste another chance..

Vera and Nathalie just wasted a MP being up 62 54 against Harkleroad/Mattek, please not another choke like yesterday :o

Fililander
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Zvonarechy won 6-2 7-6(2). Nice

Demska
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Well done Bepa.

Great results in singles and doubles.

Fililander
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Thursday, April 12, 2007

Stadium (from 11.00hrs)
1. Santangelo vs. Jankovic
2. V.Williams vs. Chan (NB 1.00hrs)
3. Golovin vs. Peng or Schnyder
4. Molik/Santangelo vs. Dominguez/Krajicek
5. Zvonareva vs. Ivanovic (NB 19.00hrs)
6. Raymond/Stosur vs. Sun/Peng

So late.

Foot's Fingers
Apr 12th, 2007, 09:18 AM
2 good wins :banana:

Vera continues solid runs

she need to beat ana now And she can do it again Why not?

tobi
Apr 12th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Two wins again :)

Now please beat Ana :devil: :)

good luck :hug:

azmad_88
Apr 12th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Go Vera..hope u can beat Ana TODAY!

Epigone
Apr 12th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Two more good wins :yeah:

Hopefully she will play well against Ana

I like her new outfit. The colours aren´t as :unsure: as the previous ones

KV
Apr 12th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Good luck vs. Ana

Bolero
Apr 12th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Good luck tonight

Fililander
Apr 13th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Vera wins easily and without a problem 6-3 6-3 within one hour. Nice job.:worship: :worship: :worship: :hearts:

slk45
Apr 13th, 2007, 12:28 AM
:hug: :smooch: Bepa with a comfortable win and great play!! :kiss:
Aces......................... 0 ............ 1
DF............................ 2 ............ 0
1st serve.................. 56% ........ 63%
1st serve pts............. 71% ........ 87%
2nd serve pts............ 45% ........ 78%
BP Won.................... 3/5 ......... 1/2
One hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds.

About half-way thru the 2nd set, Vera had 71% of 1st serves in and 90% pts on 1st serve!! She did kick it up a notch, to coin a phrase! :)

She seemed pretty comfortable, just going by the live scoring.

Michaella Krajicek is next, who is a cutie, but (sorry, Michaella) ....

slk45
Apr 13th, 2007, 12:51 AM
For the 2nd day in a row, they have scheduled Venus for the ESPN2 time slot!! :mad:

Vera and Michaella are the 4th match, about 330pm on Stadium court.

azmad_88
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:52 AM
good luck vera

rrfnpump
Apr 13th, 2007, 04:52 AM
great win, Vera :yeah: :)
pretty solid as well, good luck now v Krajicek (dont waste this chance)

go Vera :bounce:

pav
Apr 13th, 2007, 07:12 AM
I was getting ready to watch the scoreboard but got ordered out to take a whole lot of cattle to way the hell and gone in the cold rain:fiery: The buggers kept going at the dogs, and twice at my bloody horse while was trying to stop it sliding down the bank:mad: anyway when i got back about three hours later and ran through the score postings it was worth it:bounce:
Hope she goes well against young MK.
had to chuckle at this article about Vera the veteran :)

http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/Stories.aspx?section=sports&tableId=138813&pubDate=4/13/2007

Foot's Fingers
Apr 13th, 2007, 07:29 AM
vERA :woohoo:

what a solid performance!!! :banana:

next Misa - Tier I SF is very possiable

Foot's Fingers
Apr 13th, 2007, 07:31 AM
crazy schedule :fiery:

Vera will need top play dbls as well Why not to put her match first or second today????? at least not like Safina

Epigone
Apr 13th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Bepa :woohoo:

Excellent result :banana:

Keep on winning :cool:

tobi
Apr 13th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Bepa :hearts:

Great win

now good luck vs. Misa

daniela86
Apr 13th, 2007, 11:43 AM
crazy schedule :fiery:

Vera will need top play dbls as well Why not to put her match first or second today????? at least not like Safina

Indeed :mad: :mad: Vera should have played the first match instead of Venus. Anyway,I think she can still win both matchs :rocker2: :rocker2:
Davai Vera and congrats for the win over Ana! :rocker2: :rocker2: I knew you could do it again :woohoo: :woohoo: :bounce:
If Vera wins,I think she would have more chances against Golovin in the semi :unsure:

goldenlox
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Vera is playing really well on this US swing. I'm glad she blew out Sharapova, and glad she beat Ivanovic again.
I hope Tarpischev sees this

KV
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Excellent :) and good luck vs. M. Krajicek

slk45
Apr 13th, 2007, 02:56 PM
had to chuckle at this article about Vera the veteran :)
http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/Stories.aspx?section=sports&tableId=138813&pubDate=4/13/2007
Thanks for posting that. :)

I'd like to see this match between Vera and Michaella. I hope somebody is covering it, and that somebody can post it.

goldenlox
Apr 13th, 2007, 03:01 PM
FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2007 10:47 AM

Zvonareva bounces budding star
BY JEFF HARTSELL
The Post and Courier

Ana Ivanovic apparently enjoyed her stay in Charleston. She called it a "cute little city" in her online blog, and was spotted Wednesday night at Island House, a showroom for high-end furniture on Daniel Island.
But the budding 17-year-old tennis star's Lowcountry shopping, and her appearance in the Family Circle Cup, were cut short by veteran Vera Zvonareva, who dismissed Ivanovic by a score of 6-3, 6-3 in a third-round match on stadium court Thursday night.
At 22, Zvonareva is just five years older than the Serbian Ivanovic, whose big serve and supermodel looks have many observers pegging her as a rising star. But that five-year difference in experience is huge in the women's game, and it showed as Zvonareva advanced to the quarterfinals for the third time in six trips to the Family Circle Cup.
"Ana is a great player, and each day is different," Zvonareva, who is ranked No. 20 in the world and is seeded ninth in the Family Circle Cup said. "I just felt like my concentration was good and I was fighting for every point.
"She's obviously a very talented player, and I don't know if it's experience or what, but I just tried to concentrate on myself."
Ivanovic, ranked No. 17 and seeded seventh, opened the match with an ace down the middle and a 118 mph service winner, and reached 126 mph while cracking three aces.
But the rest of her game, at least on this night, was no match for Zvonareva's, who jumped all over her opponent's second serve, winning 17 of 26 points. "She does have a big serve, and I just tried to focus on the ball maybe a little more," said Zvonareva, who has been ranked as high as No. 9 in the world. "And I think my return was pretty good."
Zvonareva broke serve three times while taking the first set in 33 minutes, then broke Ivanovic again to go up 3-1 in the second set and take control of the match.
Ivanovic, who won a Tier I event in Montreal last year, cried out in frustration after missing one forehand and never found a groove. She made the semifinals at Amelia Island last week, but finished two wins short of that mark this week.
Zvonareva will face another youngster, 18-year-old Michaella Krajicek of The Netherlands, for the first time in the quarters today. Krajicek took out No. 1 seed Nicole Vaidsova in the second round. "She's a young and upcoming player, and already has some great wins this week," said Zvonareva, who won the U.S. Open doubles title last year with Nathalie Dechy. "I'm looking forward to playing her."
With only two of the top eight seeds left in the tournament, the race for the winner's check looks to be wide open.
It would mark the biggest win of Zvonareva's career; she's won five times previously, the last time on hard courts in Cincinnati in 2006.
But she's never made it past the quarters in the Family Circle Cup, losing there to Lindsay Davenport in 2003 and eventual champ Venus Williams in 2004.
"First you have to win it, and then you think about where it would rank," Zvonareva said. "I just know I have another match in front of me at the moment, and that's all I'm thinking about."

slk45
Apr 13th, 2007, 03:27 PM
And what's going on now with Bepa's left wrist? :unsure:

http://www.familycirclecup.com/files/0000002200_l.jpg

Epigone
Apr 13th, 2007, 05:58 PM
And what's going on now with Bepa's left wrist? :unsure:She's had it taped like that in the past, so I don't think that it's a huge deal :unsure:

Harju.
Apr 13th, 2007, 07:32 PM
I knew she would win against Ana. Her game is just fit nicely when playing Ana. I think she has a great chance to win this but *knocks wood* I don't want to jinx her.

Udachi Bepa :bounce:

Paranoia
Apr 13th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Good luck against Krajicek! Stay cool and you'll win :kiss:

slk45
Apr 13th, 2007, 08:01 PM
She's had it taped like that in the past, so I don't think that it's a huge deal :unsure: With the extra piece running up the back of her hand?

daniela86
Apr 13th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Vera beat Misa 6/1 7/5 :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: She rocks :rocker2: :rocker2: Congrats Vera :rocker2: :rocker2: I'm so happy :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :hug:

Paranoia
Apr 13th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Congrats Vera :bounce:

But what was happening by 6-1 5-4 *40-0 ??? :eek:

rrfnpump
Apr 13th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I was pretty relaxed when it was 61 32 for Vera with a break up, but then she really had to make things messy... :help:

She served 3 consecutive DFs at 3*-2
Then saves 4 GPs and break to go up 5*-4
Serving for the match at 5*-4 she is up 40-00 (with two Aces), and gets broken
breaks back to 15 and serves out the match at 15

:cuckoo: You are just feeling so helpless watching the scoreboard. Hopefully They will show Vera's match on TV tomorrow :) I think she can reach the final here!

Go Vera :angel: :kiss: :)
so happy for her

pav
Apr 13th, 2007, 09:43 PM
The little bugger just has to stir us up a bit doesn't she? playing well though :)

Harju.
Apr 13th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Congrats Bepa :yeah:
LOL. The second set was wacko. But I'm just glad she managed to pull it off in the end.

I think her chance of winning this is pretty high. Good luck in the semis.

goldenlox
Apr 13th, 2007, 09:46 PM
2 wins from a Tier I title

Paranoia
Apr 13th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I was pretty relaxed when it was 61 32 for Vera with a break up, but then she really had to make things messy... :help:

:cuckoo: You are just feeling so helpless watching the scoreboard. Hopefully They will show Vera's match on TV tomorrow :) I think she can reach the final here!

Go Vera :angel: :kiss: :)
so happy for her

On Eurosport they show the 2 semi finals :bounce:

goldenlox
Apr 13th, 2007, 10:21 PM
It's great to have Vera playing well again. I still remember the summer of 2004.
Vera was very good then, and now at age 22, she can be even better.

Fililander
Apr 13th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Finally i am back home. A friend is preparing for wedding. This took time.

Great job Vera. Good luck in the semis against Safina. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Fililander
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Vera retired from doubles. It sounds not good for me.

http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20070413195248.pdf

:sad: :scared:

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:28 AM
That's very bad. I hope she's healthy enough to play her SF.
I love all Russian SF's

slk45
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Congrats Vera :bounce:

But what was happening by 6-1 5-4 *40-0 ??? :eek::speakles:

:cuckoo: You are just feeling so helpless watching the scoreboard.
:speakles: :speakles: :speakles:

I had to leave at 3-2 in the 2nd so I (thankfully) missed the excitement.

Congratulations to Bepa on righting the ship (to borrow a metaphor; excuse me, Captain).

Vera's play definitely fell down in the 2nd set, whereas yesterday she raised it up.
Aces......................... 1 ............ 3
DF............................ 2 ............ 5
1st serve.................. 55% ........ 46%
1st serve pts............. 75% ........ 83%
2nd serve pts............ 70% ........ 33%
BP Won.................... 2/2 ......... 3/5

It's a good thing she served up those aces. She didn't have any when I left, and I missed the one in the 1st set. She can't be doing this in tomorrow's match against Safina.

GO BEPA!!!

pav
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:45 AM
i can't open the Bepa file :sad:

slk45
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Vera retired from doubles. It sounds not good for me.
http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20070413195248.pdf
:sad: :scared: :speakles: :banghead: I posted the above before I saw this. This would explain that 2nd set probably.
Q. So when did you tweak your wrist?
VERA ZVONAREVA: Well, I had this problem for a while, and I've just been battling it since the beginning of this week a little bit more, and I really felt it two days ago. And today is just much worse, and I think if I tried to play my doubles, I won't be able to come back on the court tomorrow for sure. "For a while." Like for the last year!!! You know that there's a problem when she has to keep icing her wrist for a year! She will probably be looking at surgery about the time she's ready to hit the top 15, if not before. :scared:

I just spoke with the tournament office a little bit ago, wondering what had happened to the doubles match. Someone kept saying "I think she retired with an injury," but they didn't know who the "she" was. Finally someone got me an answer, viz., Vera. He said, "after Golovin retired from her match against Safina, Safina withdrew from her doubles match. And Vera pulled out of her doubles right after that."

Bepa, take good care of those wrists!!!

pav
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:58 AM
thanks,not good news is it hope she is just pulling a swifty,but i don't think so,the wrist problem is always not far away :sad: hope she can play tomorrow,can almost hear the knife being drawn out:sad: ,I get a sore wrist sometimes..but

~Kiera~
Apr 14th, 2007, 12:59 AM
i can't open the Bepa file :sad:

Here's the full thing:

Vera Zvonareva defeats Michaella Krajicek
6-1, 7-5
Quarterfinal Round

AMY BINDER: You guys know that Vera was forced to withdraw from doubles just now and she just spoke to the crowd apologizing. She's here to answer your questions as well.

Q. So when did you tweak your wrist?

VERA ZVONAREVA: Well, I had this problem for a while, and I've just been battling it since the beginning of this week a little bit more, and I really felt it two days ago. And today is just much worse, and I think if I tried to play my doubles, I won't be able to come back on the court tomorrow for sure.

Q. One of the things I thought of is when you tell your doubles partner, who is also the person that you eliminated in the first round, do you go "sorry" to your doubles partner? I know that's always a hard thing to have to withdraw from a match.

VERA ZVONAREVA: Yeah. You know, we had two great first and second round match wins, and she was here for two days because we played our last doubles match, I think it was before yesterday, and she was getting ready to play doubles and try her best, but you know, it happens. She understands. It's happened to her before as well, so I hope we can play some other tournaments together.

Q. How do you think this will affect you tomorrow, though, in singles?

VERA ZVONAREVA: At the moment I couldn't tell, you know. I'll rest. I'll get the treatment. I'll get everything I could to recover recover and then we'll see what's going to happen tomorrow.

Q. Vera, did you feel like she pushed you in the second set and was that good for you to get tested a little bit going into the semis?

VERA ZVONAREVA: I got I think another three matches that I got tested at as well. I've been getting tested every day since I got here, and I mean it's been a good match, you know. The score doesn't always reflect what's actually happening on the court. It's always tough. There's no more easy matches on the Tour anymore.

AMY BINDER: Any other questions?

Q. Just how do you feel you're playing in general this week? Looks pretty good to us.

VERA ZVONAREVA: Well, to make a Tier I semifinal it's always great. It's always tough. I had four tough matches, and I'm just glad to be through.

Q. Is there any part of your game you're particularly concerned about this week that you're trying to work on?

VERA ZVONAREVA: There's always something to improve. There is never -- you never stop, you know. So I always week after week I work on everything. You know, I couldn't say really that something is bothering me, but I'm never 100 percent happy, because you always have to improve. As soon as you stop improving, players just get better and you're not going to win anymore.

Q. Just in terms of the wrist, I know you said you've had it for a while. Is there any prognosis for you in terms of if that's going to stop being a problem at some point?

VERA ZVONAREVA: I hope. I hope. I'm getting treatment, you know. I've been also to a couple of orthopedic surgeons, and I'm just still looking for the good advice on what should I do, what my next step should be.

AMY BINDER: Anything else? Thank you.

VERA ZVONAREVA: Thanks.

END OF INTERVIEW

slk45
Apr 14th, 2007, 01:25 AM
thanks,not good news is it hope she is just pulling a swifty,but i don't think so,the wrist problem is always not far away :sad: hope she can play tomorrow,can almost hear the knife being drawn out:sad: ,I get a sore wrist sometimes..butNo, she always downplays the wrist issue. She told me last year at Cincinnati and this year at Amelia Island a dozen days ago that her wrist was ok. This is the 2nd time she's admitted at a press conference that she felt some pain, so I'm thinking it was serious pain. :(

slk45
Apr 14th, 2007, 01:45 AM
:mad: :shout: Well, the *!@#% @$%&&*! at the WTA did it again. Venus is scheduled first up, for the ESPN2 cameras. The only good thing about it is Vera will get a little extra rest for her wrist.

If Vera makes it to the Final, ESPN will have to show her!!!

Problem: Forecast for Sunday is thunderstorms in the morning with a steady rain in the afternoon. :fiery:

azmad_88
Apr 14th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Good luck vera

congrats winning ur QF :bounce:

Epigone
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:49 AM
With the extra piece running up the back of her hand?Yeah, she has had a piece running across the back of her hand in the past :p

Another good win, although the end of the 2nd set was a bit :help: :o

Demska
Apr 14th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Great win Vera! Into the Tier I SF! Some good points and $$$$$ earned. :p

Can't wait to watch this. Dunno who i'll be rooting for. I like Bepa and Dina alot.

KV
Apr 14th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Brilliant Vera into SF. :)

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Zvonareva battles through sore wrist

BY JEFF HARTSELL
The Post and Courier

A sore left wrist forced Vera Zvonareva out of the Family Circle Cup doubles competition Friday.
But there's no way it will keep the 22-year-old Russian out of the singles semifinals today.
Zvonareva, seeded No. 9 at the Family Circle Cup and ranked No. 20 in the world, advanced to her first Tier I semifinal since 2004 with a 6-1, 7-5, victory over Michaella Krajicek on stadium court on Friday.
That makes today's semifinal match against fourth-seeded Dinara Safina one of the biggest of Zvonareva's career. She's won five times on the WTA Tour, but never an event as important as the $1.34 million Family Circle Cup.
Zvonareva was slated to play a doubles quarterfinal match along with partner Nathalie Dechy on Friday night, but withdrew from doubles with a wrist problem that has plagued her in recent weeks.
"I had this problem for a while," said Zvonareva, whose last singles title came last year in Cincinnati. "And I've just been battling it since the beginning of the week a little bit more, and I really felt it two days ago.
"And today it was just much worse. I
think if I tried to play my doubles, I won't be able to come back on the court (today) for sure."
Zvonareva had ice on her wrist after Thursday's quarterfinal victory over Ana Ivanovic, but the injury hasn't seemed to bother her too much during her march to her first semifinal appearance in six trips to the Family Circle Cup.
She hasn't dropped a set in four matches, and Friday's 7-5 second set was the most she's been pushed this week. "I've been getting tested every day since I got here," she said. "The score doesn't always reflect what is happening on the court. It's always tough. There's no easy matches on the tour anymore."
Zvonareva has been seeking a return to her breakthrough form of 2004, when she was 19 years old and cracked the top 10 with a career-best singles ranking of No. 9 in the world.
That year, she made the semifinals of four Tier I events, went undefeated in Fed Cup, handed Jennifer Capriati her worst loss in five years, won a mixed doubles title at the U.S. Open and won her second singles title at Memphis.
Her 2005 season was marred by injury, but she bounced back to win twice last year before suffering the left wrist injury late in the season.
This year, she's 13-7 in singles matches and lost in the round of 16 to Justine Henin in her last tournament, in Miami last month.
Now, she has a sore wrist and a tough foe between her and the Family Circle Cup finals.
"At the moment, I couldn't tell you (how the wrist will affect her)," she said.
"I'll rest. I'll get the treatment. I'll get everything I could to recover and then we'll see what's going to happen (today)."

slk45
Apr 14th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah, she has had a piece running across the back of her hand in the past :p I guess I have seen that before, tho this one looked a bit more ominous!

GOOD LUCK TODAY, BEPA!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

LET'S KEEP IT TO STRAIGHT SETS!! SAVE YOUR STRENGTH!!
A good day to remedy that H2H balance. :)

azmad_88
Apr 14th, 2007, 06:54 PM
udachi bepa...u can do it!

slk45
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:17 PM
BEPA retires at 3-6, 1-0! :bigcry: :sobbing: :crying2:

Vera seems to have such bad luck. :hug: :smooch: :tears:

She has been playing so well with such a great opportunity, and then her wrist betrays her!!

She may have to take care of that problem sooner rather than later.
:hug: Get well soon, Vera!! :smooch:

KV
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Bad luck not for the first time after good run :sad:

Demska
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Hope she rests up well for a good performances in Europe

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:24 PM
That was too bad. Now she has to get healthy again.

rrfnpump
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:43 PM
I am afraid this might be something really serious :sad:
I want Vera to take care of that problem, maybe a surgery, but I am so scared that we wont see her then for a long time

:bigcry:

pav
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Sad for Bepa:sad: she is playing so well lately, looks like this will carry on bothering her every few weeks if she soldiers on, it must be hard to decide the best course of action:sad:

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Those wrists look like a career long problem

Paranoia
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:08 PM
I am afraid this might be something really serious :sad:
I want Vera to take care of that problem, maybe a surgery, but I am so scared that we wont see her then for a long time

:bigcry:

I agree, but shouldn't it be better for Vera instead of continue to play with these wrist problems? I can imagine that it isn't funny for her. A surgery means an extra long period of revalidation but after that she should play in much better conditions!

slk45
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:25 PM
There is no good time to stop and get surgery, so she may as well just see about it now, if that will resolve the problem. She's been playing thru this for a year, and I would guess it only aggravates the condition.

A poster on zvonareva.com wrote that Vera was mostly hitting forehands, with some one-handed backhands. Pretty decent stats for the 1st set and 1st game of the 2nd set, under the circumstances:
BEPA....................... 1st ......... 2nd-1st game
Aces......................... 0 .................. 1
DF............................ 1 .................. 0
1st serve.................. 71% ............. 100%
1st serve pts............. 67% ............. 80% (4/5)
2nd serve pts............ 33% .............. 0%
BP Won.................... 1/3 ............... 0/0

It was clear even from internet live scoring that Vera wasn't able to capitalize like she did the first 4 matches.

Vera will leave Charleston with 1253 pts. Losing Rome won't affect her, and she defends 42 at Berlin and 120 at Birmingham. The big opportunities are RG and Wimbledon, where she's defending only 2 pts each. What will she do? :shrug:

Bepa! :sad:

~Kiera~
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Vera :hug:

There is no good time to stop and get surgery, so she may as well just see about it now, if that will resolve the problem.

Very true. It's not something that seems to be improving over time and I worry that she may well be doing more harm than good by continuing to play.

daniela86
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:43 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: Poor Vera :sad: :sad: :sad: She must be very disappointed and that's indeed too sad :( I really hope she takes the right decision.I'm still very :sad: for what happened to Iroda Tulyaganova who kept playing even if she was injured.I don't want it to happen to Bepa,if it's necessary to get a surgery,she has to do it even if it means that she will probably miss RG and Wimbledon :awww: :sad: :sad:

~Kiera~
Apr 14th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Vera's post match interview:

http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20070414165234.pdf

Fililander
Apr 15th, 2007, 01:02 AM
This is just :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

goldenlox
Apr 15th, 2007, 01:38 AM
So Vera is going to New York, where the weather will be awful on Sunday and Monday.
I guess the doctor will tell her if she needs surgery now.

slk45
Apr 15th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Where has Epi gone? :scratch:

azmad_88
Apr 15th, 2007, 05:32 AM
vera :sad: hope ul b ok