PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

andrewbroad
Oct 18th, 2006, 11:58 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=269819 (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=269819)

pav
Oct 21st, 2006, 11:26 AM
Good report Andrew:)

Schiavone :eek: 0-4 against Bepa, but the sort of player sooner or later could pull a win over the Bepa,I hope not though

Epigone
Oct 21st, 2006, 11:41 AM
Sharapova (1) - bye
Rubin - Q
Groenefeld - Q
Ivanovic (5) - Krajicek

Schnyder (3) - bye
Paszek (WC) - Dechy (WC)
Sugyiama - Pierce
Schiavone (8) - Zvonareva

Jankovic (6) - Bammer (WC)
Hantuchova - Q
Santangelo - Q
Vaidisova (4) - bye

Chavektzadze (7) - Srebotnik
Stosur - Kirilenko
Bartoli - Peer
Petrova (2) - bye

I like this draw :dance:

daniela86
Oct 21st, 2006, 11:46 AM
Schiavone isn't in a great shape (she retired in Zurich and Stuttgart and was beaten in straight sets in Moscow) I think Vera can beat her on again :D
Good luck Vera! :hug: Both Vera and Nathalie Dechy play in Linz so I expect them to team up this week. Davai Vera!!!

goldenlox
Oct 21st, 2006, 04:32 PM
It's a decent draw in a good field

Harju.
Oct 21st, 2006, 05:31 PM
Good luck Bepa.
Much better draw this week. I can see her reaching the SF but with her you just never know which Bepa will show on court. Udachi against Franny :banana:

zvonareva14
Oct 22nd, 2006, 02:19 AM
:tape: Agreed! Finally a worth while draw god dammit! If the Vera that beat Kuznetsova 6-3 6-1 returns to Linz then she could find herself possibly reaching a final if not yet another title. :tape: THAT SAID! One match at a time best of luck vs Schiavone Vera! :bounce:

rrfnpump
Oct 22nd, 2006, 07:49 AM
I also like the draw, but I somehow dont have a good feeling :tape:
one always tends to underestimate an injured opponent

I just hope Vera displays her crushing form of Birmingham-Wimbledon-Cincinnati
:)

nick_chicane
Oct 22nd, 2006, 08:49 AM
I wouldnt right Schiavone off right away guys! Vera might have won their 4 meetings up to now, but the other person always get a win sooner or later!

I'd say its quite a tough match for Vera!

Foot's Fingers
Oct 23rd, 2006, 12:43 PM
Go girl!!!

Quite good draw but.... all depends on Vera

Foot's Fingers
Oct 23rd, 2006, 12:45 PM
in doubles : Vera is playing with Dechy

first time since us open

Let's stay unbeatable

Epigone
Oct 24th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Centre Court (from 12.00hrs)
1. Groenefeld vs. A.Radwanska
2. Pierce vs. Sugiyama (NB 14.00hrs)
3. Dechy vs. Paszek (NB 16.00hrs)
4. Zvonareva vs. Schiavone (NB 18.30hrs)
5. Chakvetadze vs. Srebotnik (NB 20.15hrs)

Harju.
Oct 24th, 2006, 03:51 AM
THE reign US Open champ is in action this week :cool:

slk45
Oct 24th, 2006, 06:25 AM
GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Foot's Fingers
Oct 24th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Go Vera!!!

You can beat Fran again

goldenlox
Oct 24th, 2006, 03:08 PM
One major positive for Vera, going into next year, is that she has so little to defend until Birmingham next summer.
Just a few points in Aukland.
Vera should easily be in top 20 by the summer, although I expect more from her

Epigone
Oct 24th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Bepa d. Fran 5-7 6-1 6-3 :bigclap: :dance: :yippee: :bowdown: :woohoo:

KV
Oct 24th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Very good win :)

Fililander
Oct 24th, 2006, 06:32 PM
I am very glad that she had won :bounce: :bounce: . After the first set i had a bad feeling :help: but she managed it good. Now against Pierce. But against a stronger player she would have lost in my opinion. See the match against Petrova in Moscow. That was similar. Nevertheless good job Vera and good luck against Pierce.

Epigone
Oct 24th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Pierce and the crowd at the French Open last year :fiery:

Bepa had better take her down, or else I won't want to follow tennis for the rest of the year :tape:

rrfnpump
Oct 24th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Pierce and the crowd at the French Open last year :fiery:

Bepa had better take her down, or else I won't want to follow tennis for the rest of the year :tape:

I was proud of Vera then that she fought so well against a superb Pierca and against the rude crowd, but in the end it was another heartbreaker for us.

Vera didnt play well today, but most important is she won; its good to see she doesnt lose in first round again :)

Foot's Fingers
Oct 25th, 2006, 12:38 PM
a win over Fran always make me feels better

Thnks Vera!!! even with tears drops .......

now Mary ...thgis last year loss at RG.....

Pls beat her!!!!

PS Vera against 2 of my most disliked players in a row

ohhh dreaming abt 2 wins :kiss:

slk45
Oct 25th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Bepa & Nathalie's doubles match coming up shortly!!
Against Morariu/Srebotnik.

GO BEPA/NAT!!:bounce: :bounce:

Shoulderpova
Oct 25th, 2006, 03:19 PM
its good that Vera kept her perfect record against Francessca. Now take out Pierce please :)

goldenlox
Oct 25th, 2006, 04:29 PM
This will be a good match

Epigone
Oct 25th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Morariu/Srebotnik (USA/SLO) d. (4) Dechy/Zvonareva (FRA/RUS) w/o (Dechy: left knee tendonitis) :sobbing:

slk45
Oct 25th, 2006, 07:03 PM
:sad: :sad:

isabellea
Oct 25th, 2006, 07:23 PM
http://www.mytennisphotos.com/galerie/albums/photos/Roland2006/Zvonareva/zvo-rg020606-12mc.jpg
More vera's pics at roland garros on www.mytennisphotos.com

Fililander
Oct 25th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Vera and Mary playing 20.15 CET. Eurosport 1 will not show this match. Maybe Friday.

Foot's Fingers
Oct 26th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Go Vera for first win over Mary!!! :rocker2:

Was watching both previous matches 2 close sets loss at FO and 3sets at Fed Cup....

Pls Vera try yr best in order to send this "delay-girl" to evil

slk45
Oct 26th, 2006, 03:56 PM
C'mon Vera!! Take her down! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

pav
Oct 26th, 2006, 06:18 PM
I hope Bepa has prepared herself for all of the tricks of the trade old mother mary brings to the court, she battled them and the crowd well at their last meeting but it got to her in the end! Time for revenge Bepa :devil:

Epigone
Oct 26th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I can't believe this :o

Bepa blew 4 BP chances at 3-3* and blew 3 GP chances to be broken at *4-5 :help:

Don't lose to Pierce :shout:

Epigone
Oct 26th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Bepa d. Mary Pierce 4-6 *5-6 ADV-40 (ret)

Mary retired with a knee injury, which isn't the way that I wanted this match to end :sad:

Bepa had too many blown chances :help:, but I think she was ready to force it to a 3rd set

She saved MPx2 at *4-5 in the 2nd and another MP at *5-6 and I think she would have kept fighting towards a great win

Fililander
Oct 26th, 2006, 09:27 PM
I must say i am little shocked at the moment. Vera won but how. First set three break points in a row wasted and get a break to 4:6. The second set was similar till this awful end. She would have made it to the tie break.

Epigone
Oct 26th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Correction to the score (I noticed that the scoreboard changed to 6-6 after a few minutes)

Vera Zvonareva (RUS) d. Mary Pierce (FRA) 4-6 6-6 ret. (Pierce: left knee injury)

Epigone
Oct 26th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Friday, October 27, 2006
Centre Court (from 13.30hrs)
1. Jankovic vs. Vaidisova
2. Stosur vs. Petrova
3. Sharapova vs. Ivanovic (NB 17.00hrs)
4. Schnyder vs. Zvonareva (NB 18.30hrs)

nick_chicane
Oct 26th, 2006, 11:16 PM
The injury looked pretty serious! Pierce was on the ground practically screaming in pain!

I think it was a lucky escape for Vera cause i really couldnt see how she was going to win the match!

I think the whole way in which the injury was dealt with was a total shambles! First of all, Vera was practically the first person over to Mary with an ice pack, considering Vera's on the baseline on the other side of the net, thats pretty poor!

Secondly, once the paramedics had Mary on a stretcher, i was wondering why they were almost taking her on a lap of honour round the court. Then i realised it was because there was practically nowhere big enough to get a stretcher through! The WTA have the advertising boards that close to the court that it leaves basically no room for anything bigger than a human body to fit through!

I seriously think the WTA need to have a good look at how they dealt with that situation tonight! Serious injuries dont happen that often but they should always be ready for when, on the odd occassion, they do!

zvonareva14
Oct 27th, 2006, 02:24 AM
That's terrible! The WTA should be ashamed and poor Pierce just recovering from an injury:sad: . I'm just glad Vera is through to the quarters to play Schnyder because I know she can beat her if Dechy took her to 3 sets and nearly beat her. That said Vera is going to have to play a hell of a lot better and really focus and capitalize on oppurtunities like i don't know?....BREAK POINTS!:fiery: Come on Vera better display tomorrow please!:angel:

Foot's Fingers
Oct 27th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Schnyder will have another tough test in Friday's quarterfinals as she takes on Russia's Vera Zvonareva. Zvonareva advanced to the quarters after the dramatic last match of the day, which resulted in an injury retirement from Mary Pierce.

Pierce had taken the first set and was up 6-5 in the second, with three match points, when she fell on the court, holding her left knee. She was taken away on a stretcher, and rushed to the hospital; Zvonareva, who ended up with a 46 66 win, was one of the first to react, immediately running over to get her some ice, and appeared much more concerned about her injured opponent than anything else during post-match interviews.

:( Not the way i wanted Vera to proceed to QF but it's not her fault

Foot's Fingers
Oct 27th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Bepa d. Mary Pierce 4-6 *5-6 ADV-40 (ret)

Mary retired with a knee injury, which isn't the way that I wanted this match to end :sad:

Bepa had too many blown chances :help:, but I think she was ready to force it to a 3rd set

She saved MPx2 at *4-5 in the 2nd and another MP at *5-6 and I think she would have kept fighting towards a great win

Reports are advising that Vera saved all mps in last game :confused:

SO when Vera saved mp, if Mary was healthy?

Foot's Fingers
Oct 27th, 2006, 08:42 AM
omg

after Fran and Mary next is Patty :tape:

third most disliked by me player in a row for Vera

Good luck Verunya!!!

Epigone
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Reports are advising that Vera saved all mps in last game :confused:

SO when Vera saved mp, if Mary was healthy?The report is wrong. It was ADV Bepa at *5-6 when Mary went to retrieve a ball. She hit the ball and then stepped awkwardly and her knee buckled. The ball went long, and that's why the final score was 4-6 6-6

Bepa served a DF at 30-15 at *4-5, then it went 30-40 (MP#1)...deuce...ADV Pierce (MP#2)...deuce...ADV Bepa...GAME

Then at *5-6, it went 30-30...30-40 (MP#3)...deuce...ADV Bepa...deuce...ADV Bepa...GAME and Mary gets injured

nick_chicane
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Yep, epigone is right! it was adv Vera when Pierce sailed the ball long and then injured her knee!

Lunatiq
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Thank You for all good words about Mary... She will out for about 9 months and we do not know if she will back...So good luck for Vera...And thanks for all your support...

Shoulderpova
Oct 27th, 2006, 11:07 AM
How did she save all those match points Martin? With winners oder she benefited from Pierce's ue?

Shoulderpova
Oct 27th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Guys take a look at GM and find out how people are worshipping Vera :lol:

Epigone
Oct 27th, 2006, 11:19 AM
How did she save all those match points Martin? With winners oder she benefited from Pierce's ue?I'm not sure coz I didn't see the match :o

Hopefully somebody will upload it :angel:Guys take a look at GM and find out how people are worshipping Vera :lol:Yeah, there's more than one thread about it :lol:

It was the second time this year that Bepa has come to the aid of an opponent in distress :angel:

goldenlox
Oct 27th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Mary had a major injury. That's an injury older athletes get.

goldenlox
Oct 27th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Vera plays Ai next week. She might play Patty there in round 2

pav
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:04 PM
It is quite interesting to see how many just carry the "Brink of defeat" story that Mary held three match points when she fell. One bugger sends it out and they all print it.
Mind you,I wouldn't say that nurse Bepa was on the brink of victory either :) I hope she can put all the drama behind her and concentrate on Miss, sorry Mrs. Patty

rrfnpump
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:10 PM
It is quite interesting to see how many just carry the "Brink of defeat" story that Mary held three match points when she fell. One bugger sends it out and they all print it.
Mind you,I wouldn't say that nurse Bepa was on the brink of victory either :) I hope she can put all the drama behind her and concentrate on Miss, sorry Mrs. Patty

How about a new comic about that nurse Bepa :D :angel: :p

Vera v Ai next week, she should have a good chance there!

KV
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Good luck vs. Patty. GO Vera against one of the players I dislike the most.

Fililander
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Thank to Maria i think no more Vera on Eurosport 1. I hope they still show the match.

Fililander
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Oh great. Damn.

slk45
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Sharapova just defeated Ivanovic 7-6(3), 7-5.

Vera up next vs Schnyder. C'mon, Vera!! Win this in straights!! :yippee: :yippee: :drive:
(If GM is any indication, Vera should have some good crowd support! :) )

Paranoia
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Guys take a look at GM and find out how people are worshipping Vera :lol:

What means GM?

Pffff, they don't show the match on ES :-(

Dementinator
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:01 PM
what Vera did yesterday showed how she is a very grounded and unselfish person ,no standing around pretending it wasnt happening ,she was straight there ,in fact the first person to do anything... very rare in todays sporting world to find someone like that...

Vera can beat Patty....

nick_chicane
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Vera just posted a message on zvonareva.ru saying that it looks like Mary will need surgery on her knee meaning she will be out for about 6-7 months! :sad:

Im not a fan of Mary's, but shes had terrible luck lately so i cant help feel sorry for her!

Just thought i'd mention that incase theres any Mary fans in here!

Epigone
Oct 27th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Patty d. Bepa 7-6(2) 6-4 :sobbing: :sobbing: :crying2: :sad:

In the 1st set, she blew BP and was then broken in the following game. In the 2nd set, she blew BP at 4-4 and was broken at 4-5 :help:

Fililander
Oct 27th, 2006, 07:11 PM
As expected. Too bad Vera. She gave a good fight but she doesent use her few chances. First serve: 89%. Nice statistic.

KV
Oct 27th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Very frustrating :( then I'd rather Vera lost in the prev. to M. Pierce. Bepa didn't produce the KC form. Let's hope Masha wins tomorrow should win and Patty doesn't receive a Main Draw WC at Hasselt. Been injury free this season played more tournaments than others. So it's very ridiculous to give Patty a WC. Had her WC's resulted in early exits had enough chances. As for Bepa wouldn't mind losing to M. Pierce then probably an in form Pierce would play the semis.

pav
Oct 27th, 2006, 07:18 PM
This is not an easy loss to take,perhaps losing a close three setter is alright but not a two set loss to Patty:fiery: I think Bepa needs to get a huge bag of ice and apply it to her head(and her butt as well if I could get within range with a supplejack stick):fiery:

nick_chicane
Oct 27th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Kinda makes Mary's injury a waste! Vera really should have capitalised on her lucky win yesterday! :sad:

I feel disappointed cause i really dont rate Patty at all!

slk45
Oct 27th, 2006, 07:31 PM
BEPA!!!:bigcry: :hug: :hug: :smooch:

I didn't get a chance to follow the scoring, but her stats look pretty good! Patty's were just a touch better. Vera played much better than against Mary, but apparently just couldn't get the extra oomph she needed.

Took the 1st set to a TB (in the first couple serve games she was at 100% in), and 2nd set was only a 4-pt differential.
85% 1st-serve % in 2nd set is not too shabby, with 65% 1st serve pts. Main problem was getting pts away from Patty on her serve. Schnyder only offered Vera 1 BP in 2nd set.

ps- GM is General Messages.

rrfnpump
Oct 27th, 2006, 07:31 PM
This was a long season, everybody is tired and Patty still fights for the Year End Championships, for me, this loss isnt that bad.

Vera didnt take her chances, yes, but it was difficult for her to come on the court after her lucky escape yesterday. Quarters at a Tier II is a good tournament, at the beginning of the year we would have cried for joy if she reached the quarters at a II.

One tournament left for 2006 with another winnable first round match which means more points for her ranking. Next year Vera will attack the Top20, Top15 of the world.

nick_chicane
Oct 27th, 2006, 07:54 PM
I hope your right rrfnpump!

Vera really should be a top 10 player! Shes certainly good enough when she plays her best tennis!

I want to be angry that Vera's lost, but then i look at rrfnpump's avatar and im like, "oh how cute" and then im just not angry anymore! :lol:

Vera has too cute a smile to ever be angry at her for more than 2 seconds! :p

Maybe im just too soft for my own good!

KV
Oct 27th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Kinda makes Mary's injury a waste! Vera really should have capitalised on her lucky win yesterday! :sad:

I feel disappointed cause i really dont rate Patty at all!Agree, about Patty. But there's nothing you can do against players on a lucky run. The outcome of Pierce injury again Patty benefits from injuries of other players. Let's hope Bepa gets Patty's luck next season.

pav
Oct 27th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Since the match I've been digging a ditch for a pipe and I've been sweating and mumbling and I'm still mad at Florence Bepingale :fiery: (now I'll be in trouble for coming inside with dirt and mud all over Me :sad: Oh well, back to bloody work

Harju.
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:45 AM
This was a long season, everybody is tired and Patty still fights for the Year End Championships, for me, this loss isnt that bad.

Vera didnt take her chances, yes, but it was difficult for her to come on the court after her lucky escape yesterday. Quarters at a Tier II is a good tournament, at the beginning of the year we would have cried for joy if she reached the quarters at a II.

One tournament left for 2006 with another winnable first round match which means more points for her ranking. Next year Vera will attack the Top20, Top15 of the world.

We were joying around even for a single win in any tournament :p

Good luck in Hasselt.

slk45
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:24 AM
...Florence Bepingale :fiery: ...
:lol:

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:52 AM
OMG @ this (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=9363080) thread :help:

Did you notice that Bepa is wearing a sweatband over the tape on her left wrist? :p

Emptiness
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Huh, i never noticed the sweatband. :tape: ;)

(Don't deny it! You like that thread!)

pav
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Our Bepa has been the angel with the icebag the last two days
her image could not have been finer :angel:
now a tabloid -like thread with a towel over her head
featuring her vagina :fiery:

~Kiera~
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Round 1 - 19:00

Vera Dushevina (RUS) v Vera Zvonareva (RUS)

daniela86
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I like the new MD :yeah: Our Bepa has beaten Vera Dushevina in Moscow and I think she is definitly able to do it again :D Then she would face the winner of Vesnina-Flipkens which is also beatable :) I think Vera has a good opportunity to reach at least the quarters :dance: Davai!! :rocker: :rocker2:

tobi
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:02 PM
good luck Vera in Hasselt :)

She should beat Vera D again ;) :)

go Bepa :hearts:

slk45
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:13 PM
C'monnnnn BEPA!! :bounce: :bounce:

nick_chicane
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Dushevina again! God, it seems like shes the only player Vera ever plays! :lol:

Good luck! :)

pav
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Bepa dosen't mind playing that F*#kin bitch
as long as she beats that F*#kin bitch
she just hates losing to that F*#kin bitch!

Epigone
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Nice draw :yeah:

Good luck! :cool:

Shoulderpova
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:04 AM
And Vera-Vera romance continues........:tape:

~Kiera~
Oct 30th, 2006, 12:09 PM
It's possible they will be streaming this match live on ******* for UK and Ireland residents.

pav
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:35 PM
But not for bottom of the earth Bepa followers

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/images4.jpg

KV
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Good luck in Hasselt, though wished Bepa played someone else.

Fililander
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Nice win for Vera. 7-6 6-1 The first set was full of missing opportunities and taked to long imo. The second set was good. Overall an easy win. Good luck in the second round.

Epigone
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:45 PM
I was :unsure: when she was serving at 4-5 in the 1st set, so the 2nd set was much less stressful to follow :p

Good luck next round :cool:

KV
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Vera Z. as excepted in next round. won pretty entertaining match vs. Vera D. Keep it up :)

rrfnpump
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:47 PM
too much of a struggle, but congrats :)
its important not to lose in the first round at the last tournament of 2006!

Good luck next round, Vera :yeah:

pav
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:49 PM
:) :worship: :worship: :bounce:

daniela86
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Bepa should have won the first set more convincly but a win is a win and it's nice she won in 2 sets :yeah: Well done :bigclap: :bigclap: Best of luck against Flipkens/Vesnina now :bounce: Has anyone seen the match on *******? :) If so how did Bepa play? :)

slk45
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:03 AM
Best of luck against Flipkens/Vesnina now :bounce: :speakles: She has to play against both??? ;) sorry...

A good win for Bepa. :smooch: Fortunately, Vera Z took the TB and Vera D folded in 2nd set, instead of the other way around. Good to see (via live scoring thread) that Bepa jumped into the battle the way she did. It's a good omen. I hope somebody taped that and will upload it.

Vera gets tomorrow off.

~Kiera~
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:20 AM
I hope somebody taped that and will upload it.

I've got a copy from the live stream, but as with all these streaming things the quality isn't great (on the full court shots you can't really see the ball) and it's an asf file. I'm happy to upload it though if you still want it.

slk45
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:40 AM
I've got a copy from the live stream, but as with all these streaming things the quality isn't great (on the full court shots you can't really see the ball) and it's an asf file. I'm happy to upload it though if you still want it.As long as I can see the match, that should be good. Windows Media Player lists asf among its file types, so that should work. Thank you. :) :worship:

~Kiera~
Oct 31st, 2006, 03:38 AM
As long as I can see the match, that should be good. Windows Media Player lists asf among its file types, so that should work. Thank you. :) :worship:

Here it is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTVNNKS4 :)

nick_chicane
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:24 AM
Great to see another win, would be even better to see Vera finish off the year in style! :)

God knows what i'll do for the next couple of months! You kinda get used to them playing tennis all the time!

Epigone
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:00 PM
Here it is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTVNNKS4 :)Thank you so much :worship:

Foot's Fingers
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:46 PM
Congrats with win, Vera

but i am a little bit tired of Vera vs Vera match

Good luck vs Flipkens now

goldenlox
Oct 31st, 2006, 03:49 PM
Vera is going for her third 2006 singles title

~Kiera~
Oct 31st, 2006, 08:21 PM
Center Court (from 12.00hrs)

1. Santangelo vs. Krajicek
2. Flipkens vs. Zvonareva

Thank you so much :worship:

You're welcome :)

daniela86
Oct 31st, 2006, 08:39 PM
:speakles: She has to play against both??? ;) sorry...

:lol: :lol: :ras: :p

:worship: to Kiera123 for uploading the match ;) :D :kiss: and davai Bepa against Flipper!! :rocker: :rocker2: It's a winnable match once again :)

Epigone
Nov 1st, 2006, 12:48 AM
It's too bad that Lena had to retire, but I think that it makes Bepa's job a lot easier

Good luck!

Foot's Fingers
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:46 AM
hope an easy win for Vera

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2006, 08:00 AM
Vera is now #25, and has so little to defend.
It's time she starts her forward move.
Vera is a good enough player that she should be in the race for an Olympic singles spot

Epigone
Nov 1st, 2006, 12:44 PM
Bepa d. Flipkens 6-3 6-4 :bigclap: :banana: :yippee:

That was a lot tougher than it should have been :help:

Foot's Fingers
Nov 1st, 2006, 12:45 PM
pheeew

but win is a WIN

Vera in QF :kiss:

KV
Nov 1st, 2006, 12:46 PM
Job done in QF's

rrfnpump
Nov 1st, 2006, 12:52 PM
good win, Flipkens can be dangerous... and she was playing in front of home crowd!

I am happy Vera came through in straights :yeah: :)
again another QF, but this time we want more!

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2006, 01:22 PM
a good start

Harju.
Nov 1st, 2006, 02:12 PM
Into QF :banana:
Next is the hard hitting Sprem or Rezai.

Fililander
Nov 1st, 2006, 02:23 PM
Good job Vera. :bowdown: :bowdown: :hug:

nick_chicane
Nov 1st, 2006, 03:45 PM
I noticed Vera was 5/2 up, serving for the 1st set, so she obviously tried to lose that one!

Oh well, at least shes won, thats the main thing! :)

daniela86
Nov 1st, 2006, 05:51 PM
Nice win in straight sets :yeah: :bounce: :D Job done Bepa! :yeah:
Good luck in QF :) !! :bounce: :bounce:

andrewbroad
Nov 2nd, 2006, 02:12 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=272319 (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=272319)

slk45
Nov 2nd, 2006, 07:34 AM
Vera is now #25, and has so little to defend.
It's time she starts her forward move.
Vera is a good enough player that she should be in the race for an Olympic singles spotShe needs to keep that forward move momentum going over the break for the beginning of next year. Even if she wins this tournament, she will only move up 2 places to #23. But at least she will stay in the top 25.

Vera has 67 points to defend at Auckland, but after that virtually nothing until Miami. She has a great opportunity to hit the top 15 if she can perform well into and including the Australian Open.

Keep those wins coming, Vera!

~Kiera~
Nov 2nd, 2006, 05:56 PM
Aravane Rezai (FRA) v Vera Zvonareva (RUS)

Last match on center court tomorrow.

~Kiera~
Nov 2nd, 2006, 06:42 PM
Just noticed it'll be live on Eurosport, too :)

Paranoia
Nov 2nd, 2006, 09:51 PM

Wiehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :-)

Foot's Fingers
Nov 3rd, 2006, 06:47 AM

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Go vera!!!

nick_chicane
Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:17 PM
Yeah, good luck Vera! I'll be tuned in for that match! :)

Epigone
Nov 3rd, 2006, 07:55 PM
Bepa d. Aravane Rezai 7-6(5) 6-2 :bigclap: :rocker2: :yippee: :worship: :dance:

slk45
Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:00 PM
Excellent win, BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Fililander
Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:01 PM
Nice win Vera. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :bounce: :bounce:
Good luck tomorrow against Kim. although i expect a loss as usual. :rolleyes::help:

slk45
Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:03 PM
Nice win Vera. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :bounce: :bounce:
Good luck tomorrow against Kim. although i expect a loss as usual. :rolleyes::help:Time for a change. But the crowd advantage for Kim will be huge!

~Kiera~
Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:04 PM
Vera :bounce:

Nice to see her play so smart for much of the match.

pav
Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:04 PM
It was a good win that Rezai can fair smack the bloody ball and Bepa sounds like she used her head for something other than a towel rack and resorted to launching a few moonballs to confuse the enemy. Got to go, they have sighted about 150 icebergs just south of Dunedin:eek:

KV
Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:07 PM
Well done, smart tactics used. :)

Paranoia
Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:11 PM
Smart play from Vera! Congrats!

Good luck tomorrow against clijsters. Believe in yourself and beat her in her own country. You can do it Vera!!!!!

Foot's Fingers
Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:13 PM
Vera :woohoo:

another SF in 2006

pls don't stop

i know it will be two different SF

Kim vs Vera Z

and Kaia vs Misa :tape:

No need even to compare

But Vera

Pls beat kim tomorow
Bovina did it i 2004 why can't you repeat her success

Good Luck

goldenlox
Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
Another good tournament for Vera

RR-87
Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:16 PM
Vera :bounce: :D ;) :yeah:

good luck in match with Kim :D

Shoulderpova
Nov 4th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Go Vera. Beat the crap outta the ugly belgian bitch :armed:

slk45
Nov 4th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Go Vera. Beat the crap outta the ugly belgian bitch :armed:No, she's playing Kim.

Harju.
Nov 4th, 2006, 03:56 AM
this is actually the time for bepa to prove that she still can compete with top player. c'mon. step it up and beat kim. end the season with a bang, bepa :worship:

Epigone
Nov 4th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Saturday, November 4, 2006
Center Court (from 13.00hrs)
1. Krajicek vs. Kanepi
2. Raymond/Stosur vs. Strycova/Vanc
3. Clijsters vs. Zvonareva (NB 19.00hrs)
4. K.Bondarenko/Fedak vs. Daniilidou/Woehr

Bepa, you can win!

A shout-out to Katya as well :D

nick_chicane
Nov 4th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Good win last night! I got to watch it so that made it even more enjoyable!

It seemed a very tough match for Vera, the 1st set was very much a struggle but it was a good fight back considering she was close to going 2 breaks down!

Overall though, a very solid display though she will need to play alot better if shes to beat Kim!

-sugi-
Nov 4th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Good luck for Vera tonight against Kim :)

I really look forward to watching it tonight on TV :D

the cat
Nov 4th, 2006, 01:38 PM
This a big match for Vera against Clijsters. It's vital Vera play tough tennis from the start and let Kim know she's in for a battle. Udachi Verushka! :D

~Kiera~
Nov 4th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Good luck, Vera!

WARisBad
Nov 4th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Vera has been playing well lately - but kim seems to be loving the home support

slk45
Nov 4th, 2006, 03:13 PM
GOOD LUCK, BEPA!!! You can win this!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

and Good Luck! to Kateryna & Yuliana!! :yippee: :yippee:

daniela86
Nov 4th, 2006, 03:41 PM
I actually believe Bepa has a chance against Kim :o :tape: You can beat her,davai Bepaaa!!!!!!!! :rocker: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

KV
Nov 4th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Good luck vs. Kim. GO Bepa

pav
Nov 4th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Good luck Bepa against home crowd Kimmy,you'll need to rattle your bloody dags,but it can be done!hope you survive for one more match:)

Epigone
Nov 4th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Kim d. Bepa 6-4 3-6 6-4 :sobbing:

Bepa blew lots of chances in this match :sad:

ys
Nov 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Well played, Vera.. Better luck next time.

Fililander
Nov 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Like i said as usual. Stupid from Vera: wasted again so many chances. Anyway well played Vera. The main thing is she was not good enough.

KV
Nov 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Good Bepa managed FS. Not for the first time match could have gone the other way round. The convertion of Bp's was the difference.

pav
Nov 4th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Even though a loss and a bit frustrating that Bepa buggered up some chances at least she ends the year knowing she can bang away with a top player,she dosen't need to :sad: over this one, I'll do it for her:sad:

goldenlox
Nov 4th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Close semis and finals are tough to lose, but this has been a good year for Vera.
And next year should be even better

~Kiera~
Nov 4th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Bad luck, Vera :sad:

nick_chicane
Nov 4th, 2006, 09:12 PM
My god, do you people ever look at the positives from her matches? :rolleyes:

It werent too long ago Vera couldnt win a single match, it was 1st round exit after 1st round exit! That was bad times! Tonight was certainly not one of them!

Vera gave Kim one hell of a match tonight and it could have gone either way! That 2nd set was probably one of the best sets of tennis ive ever seen Vera play in a Singles tournament! She was fantastic tonight! Yes, she didnt take her chances, but then again, not many people do against Kim!

Kim is one of the best players in the world right now, and for long periods of the match, Vera was the boss on the court! I think thats something to be very proud of! Its the sign that the Vera we love is coming back to being the player that got inside the Top 10 in the world! Infact, the way she played tonight was actually better than how she was playing back then!

I for one am very proud with how Vera played tonight! She played a bloody good match and i hope she doesnt read this forum as its always doom and gloom with most of you!

Try concentrating on the things she did right for once! Well done Vera and enjoy your time off! You play like you did tonight, next year, and were in for one hell of a good time!

Paranoia
Nov 4th, 2006, 10:11 PM

It werent too long ago Vera couldnt win a single match, it was 1st round exit after 1st round exit! That was bad times! Tonight was certainly not one of them!

Vera gave Kim one hell of a match tonight and it could have gone either way! That 2nd set was probably one of the best sets of tennis ive ever seen Vera play in a Singles tournament! She was fantastic tonight! Yes, she didnt take her chances, but then again, not many people do against Kim!

Kim is one of the best players in the world right now, and for long periods of the match, Vera was the boss on the court! I think thats something to be very proud of! Its the sign that the Vera we love is coming back to being the player that got inside the Top 10 in the world! Infact, the way she played tonight was actually better than how she was playing back then!

I for one am very proud with how Vera played tonight! She played a bloody good match and i hope she doesnt read this forum as its always doom and gloom with most of you!

Try concentrating on the things she did right for once! Well done Vera and enjoy your time off! You play like you did tonight, next year, and were in for one hell of a good time!

I agree complete with you! I saw a strong Vera who didn't lost her concentration. This was a match on a high level. Vera proved that she is ready for the top 10!!!

I'm proud of you Vera! Have a nice ending of 2006.

isabellea
Nov 4th, 2006, 10:34 PM
http://www.mytennisphotos.com/galerie/albums/photos/Hasselt2006/Zvonareva/zvo-hasselt301006-10mc.jpg

More Zvonareva's pics in Hasselt on www.mytennisphotos.com

pav
Nov 5th, 2006, 05:28 AM

I didn't think i was too negative,am I on detention or not:confused:

nick_chicane
Nov 5th, 2006, 08:52 AM
I dont think im being unfair with my comments! Everytime i come in here its always "stupid Vera didnt take her chances"

Its never wow, didnt Vera play well tonight!

Another thing i failed to mention was some of the shocking line calls Vera had, and for once, she actually kept her cool! She didnt self destruct, she didnt start crying, she took it on the chin and got on with it! Thats something we dont see alot of with Vera! I think she was exceptional in every way last night!

Fact is, with the best players, they will raise their game when they see their opponent has a chance to get a break or something. Kim playing ordinary is an exceptional player, Kim raising her game to stop her getting broken is probably the best player in the world, barring maybe Henin-Hardenne.

We should be happy with how Vera fought and played some fantastic tennis! Not concentrating on the little things that 99.9% of the girls on tour would do the same anyway!

rrfnpump
Nov 5th, 2006, 03:11 PM
good final tournament in 2006, Vera :D :yeah:
too bad I was away the whole weekend and couldnt follow her matches :(

Looking forward to 2007 :bounce:

pav
Nov 5th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Nick's still hopping mad with the negative brigade,now He's made me http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/images3.jpg I'm going out to throw my fencing spade at that noisy bloody rooster:fiery:

daniela86
Nov 5th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Nice fight and nice tournament Bepa :hug: :yeah:
2007 should be great :bounce: :bounce: I'm very hopeful :D

andrewbroad
Nov 6th, 2006, 01:45 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=272954 (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=272954)

slk45
Nov 6th, 2006, 04:28 AM
BEPA!! :bigcry: :hug: :smooch: :bounce:
It would have been nice if Bepa could have capped off the season with a 3rd trophy, but she played an excellent match against Kim, and had a fine tournament. The loss doesn't tell the story.

Bepa's back to the top 25, having been down to #67 on May 15th. Next year, after Auckland, the season is pretty much wide open for her until Miami in the 3rd week of March. If she can keep her form going into next year, she could easily regain top 15 by Miami.

Sometimes, in looking at BP chances missed, we forget there's a player on the other side of the net determined to defend against those BPs. And that means the opponent is serving.

Bepa made it to the QFs in her previous 3 matches, and Hasselt was her first semifinal since Cincinnati, which she won. :bounce: She ended the year on an uptick, and that's a good omen for next year. :yeah:

Bepa needs to add to her repertoire a strategy for playing Hingis, for her own sake, and build on the positive control of her emotions as she just demonstrated she can, and she will be pretty much ready to go.

Take good care of your wrist, Vera, and have a good rest the next few weeks.

nick_chicane
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Nick's still hopping mad with the negative brigade,now He's made me http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/images3.jpg I'm going out to throw my fencing spade at that noisy bloody rooster:fiery:

Try being a proper Vera fan and i wouldnt need to have a go at you!

pav
Nov 6th, 2006, 07:57 AM
I just went back and read my post in question and here it is:
Even though a loss and a bit frustrating that Bepa buggered up some chances at least she ends the year knowing she can bang away with a top player,she dosen't need to :sad: over this one, I'll do it for her:sad:

If that is completely negative and below your high standards you might have to set up some sort of temple, where only positive and pure thoughts occur, and judge who can become a "Proper Vera Fan"

Epigone
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:22 AM
I just went back and read my post in question and here it is:

If that is completely negative and below your high standards you might have to set up some sort of temple, where only positive and pure thoughts occur, and judge who can become a "Proper Vera Fan"I agree with pav :yeah:

Bepa showed that she can compete with the top players, but she didn't capitalise on her chances. When she was at 3-4 40-0* in the 3rd set, it was disappointing that she couldn't level the match. What's so harsh about saying that? :shrug:

nick_chicane
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Fact is Vera only really had one chance on the Clijsters serve in that game your talking about! That is why its harsh! 2 of the break points were good serves that were unplayable! Vera had a chance with the final break point, that is it!

If your opponent serves well, then you cant be held responsible for not winning the point! Your basically critisising her for not winning the one point she actually had a chance of winning, now thats unfair in my opinion!

Foot's Fingers
Nov 6th, 2006, 02:06 PM
well, good finl stop on wtatour 2006 by Vera Zvonareva

She was playing really well against Kim
It was good quality match and interesting to watch

Pitty she lost
BUT she is like in 2004 losing closing matches to top 10 players and winning over lower ranking

Pitty no YEC this year even in doubles

Rst now Vera!!!

All thoughts abt 2006 will follow after YEC finished

Blackwell
Nov 6th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Hi ALL !!!
Regard from Vera !

:bounce: :wavey: ;) ;)

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1876/verachildjp1.jpg

Epigone
Nov 6th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Hi ALL !!!

:bounce: :wavey: ;) ;) What a cute picture :awww:

Spasibo! :worship:

Fililander
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Ohhhh.:hearts: :hearts: :drool: Very nice and cute picture. How young is she there?

rrfnpump
Nov 6th, 2006, 07:02 PM
:baby: , but not a :bigcry:-:baby: yet

~Kiera~
Nov 6th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Aww, what an adorable picture.

goldenlox
Nov 6th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Hi ALL !!!
Regard from Vera !

:bounce: :wavey: ;) ;)

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1876/verachildjp1.jpg
Great picture!

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:34 AM
:awww: @ the pic. that's soo cute.

Foot's Fingers
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:49 AM
wow baby-vera :)

cute girl

pav
Nov 15th, 2006, 07:17 AM
We have had nothing to say about Bepa since the cute little Bepa pic! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/sukit.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/images.jpg
Hope she comes to Auckland!

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2006, 11:10 PM
pav says Vera is playing Aukland. With Nastya, Jelena J, and Dani.
Good field

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2006, 11:22 PM
Thanks for dissing the Gold Coast :sobbing:

I hope that the Kangaroos will beat the stuffing out of the Kiwis in response to this announcement :devil:

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2006, 11:37 PM
Maybe she's going to NZ because she's friend with Nastya.

~Kiera~
Nov 22nd, 2006, 02:29 AM
Good field for a tier 4 event.

pav
Nov 22nd, 2006, 03:27 AM
Thanks for dissing the Gold Coast :sobbing:

I hope that the Kangaroos will beat the stuffing out of the Kiwis in response to this announcement :devil:

She told the tournament director the crowd gave her a buzz,he pobably told her they will throw bananas and cane toads at her over there!

The kangaroos probably will beat the stuffing out of the Kiwis:sad: I just worry that Kite and Matai wont get injured,being a biased Manly fan

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2006, 10:48 AM
She told the tournament director the crowd gave her a buzz,he pobably told her they will throw bananas and cane toads at her over there!:lol:

Bananas are still pretty expensive after cyclones wiped out the plantations last year, so Bepa wouldn't have to worry about them being used as projectiles :p

I guess the Gold Coast decided to spend their money on Hingis and Ivanovic, although I don't know how much money (if there is even a figure) would get me to play in New Zealand :tape:The kangaroos probably will beat the stuffing out of the Kiwis:sad: I just worry that Kite and Matai wont get injured,being a biased Manly fanWhat a match :eek:, but It looks like you jinxed Matai :help:

pav
Nov 25th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Bananas are still pretty expensive after cyclones wiped out the plantations last year, so Bepa wouldn't have to worry about them being used as projectiles :p

I guess the Gold Coast decided to spend their money on Hingis and Ivanovic, although I don't know how much money (if there is even a figure) would get me to play in New Zealand :tape:What a match :eek:, but It looks like you jinxed Matai :help:

It was a close match,I should have shut up about manly players:sad: You will receive an official warning for talking derogatory and insulting about NewZullund, just like I did for momodissing,one of my fav. girlfriends(human not a sheep) is over in broadbeach at the moment and said she loves it (bloody traitor:fiery: )Bepa knows best:bounce:

slk45
Nov 25th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Bananas are still pretty expensive after cyclones wiped out the plantations last year, so Bepa wouldn't have to worry about them being used as projectiles :pJust as a point of curiosity, how much are bananas there?

btw, I notice you didn't mention the cane toads. :lick:

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2006, 07:40 AM
It was a close match,I should have shut up about manly players:sad: You will receive an official warning for talking derogatory and insulting about NewZullund, just like I did for momodissingI'll behave :angel:one of my fav. girlfriends(human not a sheep) is over in broadbeach at the moment and said she loves it (bloody traitor:fiery: )She's lucky :DBepa knows best:bounce:I don't think so :tape:

On another note, someone in the GM forum posted this list for 2006:

13. Chakvetadze 654,399 $
14. Ivanovic 671,616 $
15. Schiavone 730,634 $
16. Myskina 660,641 $
17. Bartoli 436,992 $
18. Hantuchova 710,720 $
19. Groenefeld 652,688 $
20. Peer 478,980 $
21. Li 460,982 $
22. Golovin 534,292 $
23. Srebotnik 672,862 $
24. Zvonareva 683,190 $

Considering her :help: results at the Slams this year, Bepa did pretty well :yeah:

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Vera won 2 majors in doubles. That's where a big chunk of that money comes from.
And Vera has to choose a Russian doubles partner this summer, and start piling up points towards an Olympic spot.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Just as a point of curiosity, how much are bananas there?So expensive that Yuri would need to hold up a fake banana to Maria because she wouldn't be able to afford one for herself and one for him :p

Hmmmm, there is a full page ad in the paper today saying that you can buy them for $8/kg = US$6.20/kgbtw, I notice you didn't mention the cane toads. :lick:Cane toads are gross :unsure: :lol:

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Vera won 2 majors in doubles. That's where a big chunk of that money comes from.Wimbledon Mixed Doubles Winners £90,000 (this might be per team :unsure: )

US Open doubles $ 400,000 (per team)

I'm surprised that the US Open doubles title paid so much :eek:And Vera has to choose a Russian doubles partner this summer, and start piling up points towards an Olympic spot.I think that Myskina, Kuznetsova and Petrova would be the best choices. However, I doubt that Nastya wants to keep playing doubles and I think that Nadia probably wants to focus on singles, so I think that Bepa should get on the phone to Sveta :D

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2006, 04:24 PM
If Vera wants the experience of being an Olympian, I think she should take the choosing of her doubles partner very seriously.

slk45
Nov 26th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Hmmmm, there is a full page ad in the paper today saying that you can buy them for $8/kg = US$6.20/kgCane toads are gross :unsure: :lol::eek: :eek: @ 2.2lbs/kg, that's $2.82/lb!!
Bananas here in Iowa are between 29 & 39 cents/lb.

Are there restrictions on importing bananas into Australia? 500 lbs. should cover my costs for a week maybe?

slk45
Nov 26th, 2006, 05:37 PM
If Vera wants the experience of being an Olympian, I think she should take the choosing of her doubles partner very seriously.Apparently, Vera will continue to partner with Nathalie Dechy next year. :(

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:04 PM
:eek: :eek: @ 2.2lbs/kg, that's $2.82/lb!!
Bananas here in Iowa are between 29 & 39 cents/lb.They were $16/kg earlier in the year :help:. Before all of this stuff happened, I guess they were about $2/kg Are there restrictions on importing bananas into Australia? 500 lbs. should cover my costs for a week maybe?I think that only frozen bananas were allowed to be imported, but I seem to remember something on the news about people complaining that other bananas were also coming in :scratch:Apparently, Vera will continue to partner with Nathalie Dechy next year. :(On the bright side, it means that Tu won't be her partner :o

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Maybe Vera doesn't care about the Olympics. Kim didn't care.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Maybe Vera doesn't care about the Olympics. Kim didn't care.Her mother was an Olympian and Bepa would like to be one too :cool:

Besides, wasn't there a problem with Kim not wanting to wear clothing other than Fila? (or was that just an excuse? :o)

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:44 PM
That had to be an excuse by Kim. Vera won 2 doubles majors this year.
I'd like her to be on the Olympic team.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2006, 10:12 PM
A nation is limited to a maximum of four (4) spots in the singles draw.
A nation is limited to a maximum of two (2) teams in the doubles draw.

She could be a doubles specialist like Lena L. was in 2004

To this day, I still don't understand why Russia only took 5 players to the last Olympics :fiery:

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Vera just missed the singles cutoff in 2004. Now she has a better shot in doubles.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2006, 10:26 PM
From what I can recall, she was the fifth-ranked Russian in singles and fourth-ranked Russian in doubles

I think that means that she should have secured a doubles place, but someone thought it was a better idea to pair Myskina with Dementieva :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Tarpischev probably didn't realize Vera would win mutiple doubles majors.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Tarpischev appears to be clueless on certain matters :tape:

Nastya and Bepa were a doubles team, so they should have gone to the Olympics together. I asked Nastya about it in a press conference in Sopot and she said that they were both disappointed not to be playing together

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Dinara is a good doubles player. Anna C and Vesnina probably want to be Olympians. The doubles teams will not be easy to choose.
The NY Giants just blew a 21 point lead.:eek: They won't be in Beijing.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Dinara is a good doubles player.TrueAnna C and Vesnina probably want to be Olympians.They'll have to improve if they want to make the OlympicsThe doubles teams will not be easy to choose.I could choose them easily :DThe NY Giants just blew a 21 point lead.:eek: They won't be in Beijing.Support the Jets :p

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:51 PM
The NY sports media loves chokes like this. Sports radio in NY will be tremendous tomorrow. Lots of yelling about firing coaches and benching players.
Vera had better get a partner who is also Russian, not Dechy.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:55 PM
The NY sports media loves chokes like this. Sports radio in NY will be tremendous tomorrow. Lots of yelling about firing coaches and benching players.Letterman will love it :DVera had better get a partner who is also Russian, not Dechy.Who would be your #1 choice?

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:59 PM
She should ask a friend.
If I had to choose someone for her, I'd say Kirilenko or Safina. Those 2 might team up.
There's Myskina, Bovina, Sveta, Nadia. Plenty of players.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Is she friends with Dinara and Masha? :scratch:

It used to be nice when Bepa, Nastya, Sveta, and Lena L. were a group :hug:

However, I guess she hangs around with different people now :shrug:

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Right now, this is how I rate them in doubles -
Nadia, Sveta, Lena D, Dinara, Kirilenko.
Vera should ask one of them.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:12 AM
I think that she'd get on better with Sveta than with Nadia, but I'm not sure whose game would best complement Bepa's :scratch:

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:54 AM
I expect Sveta and Nadia to play together. If they want an Olympic gold medal, I see that as their best chance. Right now, Vera has better doubles titles than Nadia and Sveta. So she should be able to get a good partner.

daniela86
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:44 PM
I think Vera should play doubles with Kirilenko.She does well with soft hitters (Dechy,Lena L ,Myskina) so I guess she would do well with Makiri too.Plus,Kirilenko had really good results in doubles with whoever she played with (Sharapova,Medina Garrigues,Ivanovic,Dulko) I think she is a really good doubles player,just like Vera.Moreover,Makiri also plays doubles regulary unlike Nadia and Sveta.If she teams up with Vera,they might have a chance to qualify for YEC.
It would be a pity a player who won a Slam in doubles doesn't participate in Olympics,Vera should really think about it coz she is more than capable of winning the gold medal for Russia.:rocker: :rocker:
I also agree with goldenlox about Nadia/Sveta,they played doubles together in the past so I think they should team up for the Olympics.

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Vera and Kirilenko might be a good team. I don't think Tarpischev will pick Vera unless she is winning matches with a Russian partner.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 29th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Vera is one place out of maindraw in Sydney :mad:

goldenlox
Nov 29th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I hope she's MD only. It's too hot to play qualies there.

rrfnpump
Nov 29th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I am pretty sure Vera will get into MD :)
cant imagine the field staying so strong

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 29th, 2006, 03:00 PM
she's not MDO

Blackwell
Nov 29th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone !! Welcowe to Vera's diary !!!

english version (http://www.zvonareva.ru/diary/en)
russian version (http://www.zvonareva.ru/diary/)

Epigone
Nov 29th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Vera is one place out of maindraw in Sydney :mad:It's a repeat of this year, despite her being ranked more than 10 places higher now than she was at the end of last year. She was given a WC into the MD this year because otherwise she would have been seeded #2 in qualifying :o

I think that at least one player above her will pull out, so I'm not worried about her getting into the MD :p

Epigone
Nov 29th, 2006, 04:30 PM

russian version (http://www.zvonareva.ru/diary/)Спасибо! :worship:

I'm already looking forward to reading the next entry :dance:

rrfnpump
Nov 29th, 2006, 04:46 PM

:woohoo: Vera ;) :D

Hm, Vera answered my question in her guestbook, she probably wont come to Berlin (its true what she says, but this year it was one of the hottest weeks during the whole year :p), but she didnt answer my question regarding the Olympic Games...

Epigone
Nov 29th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Hm, Vera answered my question in her guestbook, she probably wont come to Berlin (its true what she says, but this year it was one of the hottest weeks during the whole year :p), but she didnt answer my question regarding the Olympic Games...Bepa doesn't like the cold :p

It looks like she'll be playing Tokyo next year :dance:

pav
Nov 29th, 2006, 05:33 PM

goldenlox
Nov 29th, 2006, 05:39 PM
It's great that Vera is doing a diary. I look forward to reading each one she writes.

rrfnpump
Nov 29th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Bepa doesn't like the cold :p

but she (should) like the clay :p

It looks like she'll be playing Tokyo next year :dance:

that would be a good choice

~Kiera~
Nov 29th, 2006, 07:01 PM

Thank you :)

Hopefully next year she'll do a blog for the WTA site, too.

daniela86
Nov 29th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Thank you :)

Hopefully next year she'll do a blog for the WTA site, too.

I hope so too :) Very nice website :yeah: and Vera's diary entry and messages in guestbook are very nice :) I really like Vera's personnality :yeah:

goldenlox
Nov 29th, 2006, 10:08 PM

Hm, Vera answered my question in her guestbook, she probably wont come to Berlin (its true what she says, but this year it was one of the hottest weeks during the whole year :p), but she didnt answer my question regarding the Olympic Games...
What was the Olympic question?

Epigone
Nov 30th, 2006, 03:53 AM
What was the Olympic question?One thing that interests me... do you think about the Olympic Games or not at all? You could do very well in singles as well as in doubles (although I think the chance to play in doubles for Russia is higher) :p

Epigone
Nov 30th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Bepa has already posted a new diary entry :banana:

Luckily she didn't fall while snowboarding/ice skating/rollerblading and do more damage to her wrist :o

rrfnpump
Nov 30th, 2006, 05:17 AM
http://www.zvonareva.ru/diary/en/1.jpg

Vera said she hasnt rollerbladed since ages... well, you can tell by the picture :lol: :p

Epigone
Nov 30th, 2006, 05:48 AM
Vera said she hasnt rollerbladed since ages... well, you can tell by the picture :lol: :pWe know that Bepa can do the splits, but I think that she'd be :crying2: if she did a Kim impersonation while wearing rollerblades :help:

pav
Nov 30th, 2006, 08:58 AM
We know that Bepa can do the splits, but I think that she'd be :crying2: if she did a Kim impersonation while wearing rollerblades :help:

goldenlox
Nov 30th, 2006, 11:59 AM
I agree with Vera. I don't know why tennis players feel they have to go fly to a distant place to lie on the beach.
It's easier to stay home and relax.
And tennis players don't need extra sun. They get too much anyway.

Foot's Fingers
Dec 1st, 2006, 07:05 AM
really nice diary

but again Tu near by her :(

goldenlox
Dec 1st, 2006, 01:55 PM
It's great to get these updates

Hello,
I told you yesterday, that today I was planning to hit for the first time since my break....and I did :) It was fun, even though it felt a little weird, like i took the racket for the first time in my life. It was also tough cause I felt really sore in my legs after my workouts over the last few days. I\\`m not sure if I mentioned it before, but I\\`m in Tampa right now with my coach Sam and another player Meilen Tu. I\\`m planning to play a little bit of tennis tomorrow morning as well, I hope I\\`m not to tired :) Weather was pretty nice last few days, hope it stays like this.
Ok, i\\`ll see in couple days,
Bye,
Vera

Epigone
Dec 1st, 2006, 02:05 PM
I wonder how long her training session lasted :scratch:

Zhenya :lol:

I just don't want her playing doubles with Meilen this year because her primary objective should be to get a spot in the Olympic team

goldenlox
Dec 1st, 2006, 03:36 PM
Did anyone ever see a picture of Vera's cat? I'd like to get a look at her :cat:

slk45
Dec 1st, 2006, 03:45 PM
I just don't want her playing doubles with Meilen this year because her primary objective should be to get a spot in the Olympic teamVera already stated she would be playing with Dechy, which doesn't move her in that direction either.

Did anyone ever see a picture of Vera's cat? I'd like to get a look at her :cat:I asked Vera to post a picture of her with her cat. Don't know if she will, tho'....

goldenlox
Dec 1st, 2006, 04:24 PM
Vera already stated she would be playing with Dechy, which doesn't move her in that direction either.

I asked Vera to post a picture of her with her cat. Don't know if she will, tho'....I understand doubles with Dechy. They won the USO.

http://www.zvonareva.ru/media/photo/offcourt/2006/2/14.jpg

slk45
Dec 1st, 2006, 04:37 PM
I understand doubles with Dechy. They won the USO.True. It ought to establish Vera's doubles credentials, if there were ever any doubt. But will it get her to the Olympics without having played with a Russian partner?

goldenlox
Dec 1st, 2006, 04:41 PM
Probably not. Shamil has a lot of choices. But we don't know how this will play out, in the next 18 months

goldenlox
Dec 1st, 2006, 08:34 PM
Vera might as well try for the AO title with Dechy. And she can decide if she wants to switch to a Russian partner later in the year. Now, it's time to go after the AO, doubles and mixed. And get her singles ranking up.

Is Lena L training with Vera and Tu this year?

Epigone
Dec 1st, 2006, 09:31 PM
True. It ought to establish Vera's doubles credentials, if there were ever any doubt. But will it get her to the Olympics without having played with a Russian partner?Lena Dementieva played Olympic doubles without having a Russian partner, although she had already qualified in singles

I hope that Shamil will choose two doubles specialists this time, and then Bepa should make the team

Epigone
Dec 1st, 2006, 10:34 PM
Vera might as well try for the AO title with Dechy. And she can decide if she wants to switch to a Russian partner later in the year. Now, it's time to go after the AO, doubles and mixed. And get her singles ranking up.Their results together this year were a bit :cuckoo:

QF of the French Open, 1R loss at Stanford, 2R W/O in San Diego and then the US Open title :oIs Lena L training with Vera and Tu this year?I was wondering the same thing. Do you know if Lena will play WTT this year? If so, she might want to train a bit :shrug:

goldenlox
Dec 1st, 2006, 10:47 PM
Lena L likes to summer in Sacramento, so I think she'll be there.

goldenlox
Dec 2nd, 2006, 04:54 PM
Vera has 67 points to defend as the 2006 Aukland finalist. After that she has nothing to defend for months. Vera is in the top 25, and any kind of good results should get her back into the top 20.

goldenlox
Dec 2nd, 2006, 06:15 PM
I was thinking about the Olympics.
Vera and Nastya won the key Fed Cup doubles match in 2004. Lena and Dinara did the same in 2005. Add Nadia and Sveta as a team.
It's going to be up to Tarpischev.

Epigone
Dec 3rd, 2006, 07:19 AM
I was thinking about the Olympics.
Vera and Nastya won the key Fed Cup doubles match in 2004. Lena and Dinara did the same in 2005. Add Nadia and Sveta as a team.
It's going to be up to Tarpischev.So the team won't be selected based on rankings? :scratch:

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2006, 10:59 AM
I don't know? Was 2004 only the best doubles rankings?

Epigone
Dec 3rd, 2006, 11:11 AM
I don't know? Was 2004 only the best doubles rankings?The top 4 ranked players in singles were selected to play singles. I can't remember how they were ranked, but the top 4 were Nastya, Lena D, Sveta and Nadia.

I forget the doubles rankings :o, but I know that Bepa was the Russian #4. Despite this, Lena D. was still selected ahead of her :shrug:

David Barker
Dec 3rd, 2006, 12:55 PM
Lena Dementieva played Olympic doubles without having a Russian partner, although she had already qualified in singles

I hope that Shamil will choose two doubles specialists this time, and then Bepa should make the team

She (Elena) played with Krasnoroutskaya at the time - although Lina was often injured....

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2006, 01:49 PM
Tarpischev showed a lot of confidence in Vera to play her against Amelie and Mary in 2003 Fed Cup. I thought he might be angry at Lena for some reason, but he chose Lena over Vera for the Olympics doubles. Now Vera has won a USO doubles and 2 mixed.
So I don't know what's going to happen.