PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

UDACHi
Jul 23rd, 2006, 12:42 AM
No choke! :bolt:

slk45
Jul 23rd, 2006, 12:55 AM
An excellent win for Vera!! And an important win! I saw her match on Wednesday, and she was hitting incredibly well. It seems she's taking seriously what she said in a couple of those interviews about taking it game by game and point by point. Keep it up, Vera!! You can win this tomorrow!! :hug: :hug: :smooch:

GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

deep bass
Jul 23rd, 2006, 01:08 AM
WooHoo! Just logged on and saw the result in GM. Not the usual bunch of sour arsed messages either! Bepa is being given props for her recent resurgent form, apart from a couple of arseholes of course, but you get them with most fans. So happy, and it's finally a positive score in the H2H column.

Did I mention.....WooHoo!

Munich
Jul 23rd, 2006, 01:32 AM
:woohoo::bowdown:
omg i'm so damn happy for Bepa :awww:
Please take the title baby :hug: :smooch:

KV
Jul 23rd, 2006, 01:44 AM
WooHoo! Just logged on and saw the result in GM. Not the usual bunch of sour arsed messages either! Bepa is being given props for her recent resurgent form, apart from a couple of arseholes of course, but you get them with most fans. So happy, and it's finally a positive score in the H2H column.

Did I mention.....WooHoo!Same here, can't believe my eyes. Bepa unbelievable she's done it. :bounce: :bounce:

zvonareva14
Jul 23rd, 2006, 02:14 AM
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! This scoreline almost brought me to tears! :worship: I'm so happy and proud of Vera for rekindling her magic we all know and love. Go Vera this title is as good as yours!!!!!!!! :) :D ;) :worship: :hearts: :bounce: :kiss:

Epigone
Jul 23rd, 2006, 03:13 AM
Zvonareva ousts Williams; to face Srebotnik
Associated Press
Posted: 59 minutes ago

MASON, Ohio (AP) - Vera Zvonareva ended Serena Williams' run in her first tournament in six months, beating the seven-time Grand Slam champion 6-2, 6-3 on Saturday to advance to the final of the Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open.

Zvonareva, unseeded and ranked 52nd, will be making her second appearance in three years in the championship match of the Tier III event Sunday when she faces fourth-seeded Katarina Srebotnik, who upset defending champion Patty Schnyder 4-6, 6-3, 7-6 (6).

Zvonareva lost to Lindsay Davenport in 2004.

"Two years ago, she was playing so well that I didn't get a chance to enjoy myself," Zvonareva said.

Williams committed 19 of her 34 unforced errors in the first set, while Zvonareva committed just six unforced errors in the match, none in the first set.

"I think the results are customary for somebody who makes that many unforced errors," said Williams, who expects to spend next week in training. "I was fighting, but my balls kept flying. Maybe I should've added more spin. I think I was just off today - better now than three weeks from now. Every forehand, I think I was aiming at the ball kids or the umpire instead of the court."

Zvonera said: "I know Serena's a good player, and I knew I had to really focus and not give her an opportunity to take over from the beginning of the match. I think she wasn't 100 percent ready to play her best today."

Williams, whose ranking dropped to 140th as she missed six months because of a chronic left knee injury, lost just 12 games in winning her first three matches of the tournament in straight sets.

Zvonareva, who was ranked No. 9 in August 2004, fell in the rankings last year while she battled injuries to her left ankle and right shoulder. She dropped just seven games while sweeping her first three matches.

"I expected to at least play on Sunday, but I guess Vera had her expectations, too," Williams said.

Zvonareva won the first five games of the match to take control of the first set and broke Williams to take a 2-0 lead in the second. Williams responded by breaking Zvonareva, but Zvonareva broke right back to take a 3-1 lead. They traded breaks again in the seventh and eighth games, with Zvonareva taking a 5-3 lead when Williams put a drop shot into the net on break point.

"It feels great," said Zvonareva, who has reached three finals this year. "To be in the finals is always a great feeling."

Zvonareva lost in the final of the Tier IV tournament at Auckland, New Zealand, in the year's first tournament and won the championship of the Tier III tournament at Birmingham, England, in June.

In the other semifinal Saturday, the top-seeded Schnyder double-faulted twice during the tiebreaker, including on match point, when her second serve sailed long.

"Strange," Schnyder said. "I got a little tired. I don't know. My second serve is usually pretty reliable. That normally doesn't happen to me."

"Tiebreakers are like roulette," Srebotnik said. "Your back's against the wall. You have to take chances and hope you're lucky enough to win it."

Srebotnik, the world's 26th-ranked player, is in a final for the first time since losing to Klara Koukalova in Portoroz, Slovenia, last September.

Both players held serve until Srebotnik sent a crosscourt backhand wide on set point in the first set.

Schnyder received a warning from the chair umpire after she threw her racket twice and hit balls into the crowd twice while losing her serve in the fifth game of the second set. Srebotnik broke again in the ninth game to win the set.

Srebotnik broke Schnyder at love in the fourth game to take a 3-1 lead. Schnyder got back on serve by breaking Srebotnik in the seventh game to tie the set at 4.

"The third set, I started really well," Srebotnik said. "I felt like I didn't make any mistakes and I was up 4-1. Then she started playing more aggressively. She played an awesome three games, and when it got to four-all, you had to fight for every ball and every point."link (http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/5804622)

Look at those stats :eek:

zvonareva14
Jul 23rd, 2006, 04:30 AM
:eek: !!! Jesus christ!! I mean I knew Vera had to be playing very very well but 6 unforced and none in the first set that's Federer like! She deserves to win this tournament after the level of play she has maintained all week! Come on one more Vera! Send Srebotnik a message going into next weeks match! :devil:

selyoink
Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:28 AM
I'm glad Vera took out Serena. I hope she wins the title now.

slk45
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:42 AM
The writer here has a slightly different take than Serena and the WTA staff writers.Williams out of W&S Open
BY DUSTIN DOW | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER
MASON – This wasn’t part of the plan.

As Serena Williams and top seed Patty Schnyder cruised through the opening rounds of the Western & Southern Financial Group Women’s Open, tournament organizers began to envision the dream scenario that they would meet in Sunday’s final.

That dream took on a nightmarish glare Saturday night when Schnyder and Williams were each upset in the semifinals, one round from facing each other. Instead, No. 4 seed Katarina Srebotnik will play unseeded and 50th-ranked Vera Zvonareva.

Williams, who easily played her way past her first three opponents, found herself completely outplayed by Zvonareva Saturday, losing 6-2, 6-3. Last year’s winner, Schnyder, double-faulted on match point against Srebotnik ,who won 4-6, 6-3, 7-6 (6).

So rather than a famous American playing the defending champion in the final, today’s match will feature a Russian versus a Slovenian who lives in Dubai.

“To be in the final, I feel very honored,” said Srebotnik, who is looking for her first title of the year. “My goal, to be honest, was just to win the first and second round.”

Admittedly, tournament director Bruce Flory was trying to track down music and lyrics for the Slovenian national anthem Saturday after Srebotnik’s victory. The custom at the tournament is for the U.S. national anthem as well as the anthems of the countries of the players to be sung prior to the final.

Srebotnik, the only Slovenian ranked in the top 300, lost to Zvonareva in their only previous match on clay in 2002.

“The final is like a third-set tiebreaker,” Srebotnik said. “Like roulette, you don’t know what’s going to happen.”

E-mail ddow@enquirer.comhttp://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060722/SPT/307220023

The AP story above, and the WTATour.com report, both note "Williams...lost just 12 games in winning her first three matches of the tournament in straight sets." That same figure for Vera is seven games (not mentioned in either story). Including her match against Serena, it comes to 12 games in 4 matches in straight sets.

As usual, Serena attributed the loss to her errors, only barely acknowledging that she had an opponent. It took Srebotnik to observe that "Vera has been playing really well."

rrfnpump
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:43 AM
:woohoo:
what a scoreline again... and more impressive are her stats :eek: :drool:
please win the title today, Vera !!!!

but Srebotnik also playing great stuff. I think this will be the toughest match of the whole week.

Epigone
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:49 AM
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Center Court (from 13.00hrs)
1. Srebotnik vs. Zvonareva
2. Camerin/Dulko vs. Domachowska/Mirza

pav
Jul 23rd, 2006, 07:38 AM
Been too happy and shocked to say anything great tennis by Bepa(even if she just had to stand there and let serena do the job on herself) hope she can finish the job (never is srebotnik an easy beat)got to out the back area for most of tomorrow so hope to return for more good news.:)

The Cincy website is funny,90% about serena and wanting a serena /Patty final.

Harju.
Jul 23rd, 2006, 08:15 AM
ZERO UE in the first set :drool: :eek:
Davai Bepa. That's a great win and a huge confidence boaster for her. Now let's get the second title for us :hearts:

pav
Jul 23rd, 2006, 08:54 AM
Bepa after the win,don't like the look of the iced wrist,hopefully not too much of a problem

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/serenawin.jpg

from the cincy site

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 23rd, 2006, 08:54 AM
just :bolt:
Vera :woohoo: :D :)
now take that title !!!!!!!

nick_chicane
Jul 23rd, 2006, 09:07 AM
Results like these really do help to make up for the awful year and a half that we've all been through!

I dont half feel good right now, i cant even begin to imagine how Vera must be feeling! She must be over the moon!

Lets just hope she can keep it together for the final, shes done the hardwork, Srebotnik is a match she should win easily, if she plays like she did against Serena! :D

Epigone
Jul 23rd, 2006, 10:13 AM
Bepa after the win,don't like the look of the iced wrist,hopefully not too much of a problemIf you look on the wtatour.com homepage, there's a pic of Bepa hitting a BH where you can see that she has tape on the back of her left hand. However, given her UE count, I don't think it's bothering her :)

slk45
Jul 23rd, 2006, 04:13 PM
Bepa after the win,don't like the look of the iced wrist,hopefully not too much of a problem

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/serenawin.jpgVera was iced up like that after coming off the practice courts last Sunday afternoon. She told me she had strained it a couple days before.

goldenlox
Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:24 PM
Vera is becoming Queen of the Tier III's
Keep this going

KV
Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:52 PM
Bepa leads 6-2 *1-0

paranoia0809
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:06 PM
Score is now for several minutes 6-2 3-3 15-0*

Did they stopped play? :confused:

KV
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:18 PM
Latest info somebody called the tournament office It's MP Bepa

Epigone
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:19 PM
Bepa d. Srebotnik 6-2 6-4 to take the title :bigclap: :dance: :worship: :bounce: :yippee: :bowdown: :clap2:

paranoia0809
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:25 PM
Live scores didn't work anymore :mad:

But Vera won a new title, and we'll have to celebrate it :D

Congrats Vera, we love you all :kiss:

ys
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:28 PM
Yep, it's official, Vera won.. :bounce:

KV
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:30 PM
Bepa congrats on your 2nd Tier 3 title this year

goldenlox
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:33 PM
I'm glad she stayed consistent all week.
I think Vera will be a major presence on the tour for several years

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:36 PM
congrats Vera :banana: :yeah: :D :)

tobi
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:39 PM
Vera :woohoo: :banana: :hearts: :D :yeah:

Awesome week :D Congrats :kiss:

She really picked up after Roland Garros...

I think she is staying calm on court and also not choking or going down after losing her break

(Example 2nd set vs. Serena yesterday and also today vs. Kata)

I am really glad she is doing well,and If she can keep this she can reach top again quickly,and I feel stay more there,I mean u can feel there is more "sureness" on her game/play in last few months.

We love you Bepa :hearts: :hug:

rrfnpump
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:42 PM
5th career title (all Tier III) :D ;) :yeah: :kiss:
so impressive play the whole way... dropping just 18 games dropped en route to title
some more good matches and she will be seeded.

well done, Vera :hearts: :bounce:
I loved writing blog entries about this :p

nick_chicane
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:44 PM
This is just fantastic! What a great week!! Well done Vera! You totally deserved it! :worship:

Has anyone worked out what it will do to her ranking position yet? The race is on to get back inside the Top 32 before the US Open! :)

slk45
Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:45 PM
A great week for Bepa!! :hug: :smooch: She made it through in straight sets all the way; only lost 18 games in the tournament. Plus, she did all that with a strained wrist. :worship: :worship: :worship:

She has now passed the 1-Title-per-year barrier!! This should bring Vera to the mid-30s tomorrow. And she has nowhere to go but up in the rankings with very little to defend through the US Open. :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Keep that form and spirit going, Bepa! Your first slam title is in sight.

Good luck in Stanford! GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sweep
Jul 23rd, 2006, 07:11 PM
I am absolutely delighted for Vera.

A fantastic week, no-one was gonna stop her!

Keep playing like this please. What a week. :)

Epigone
Jul 23rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
Unseeded Zvonareva wins Western & Southern
Associated Press

MASON, Ohio - Unseeded Vera Zvonareva completed her sweep of the Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open Sunday, beating fourth-seeded Katarina Srebotnik 6-2, 6-4 to win her second tournament of the year.

Zvonareva, who opened the week ranked 52nd on the WTA Tour, made taking the title look easy by winning every set during the Tier III tournament.

"It just looked like that from the side," said Zvonareva, 21. "I think I lost a couple of pounds. Every match was tough."

Zvonareva took 56 minutes - her average per match - to beat Srebotnik, the only player to win as many as four games in one set against Zvonareva.

"I got the most games from her, so I'm happy with that," Srebotnik said.

Zvonareva's ranking reached No. 9 in August 2004 before she lost to Lindsay Davenport in the final of the 2004 event and struggled last year with injuries to her left ankle and right shoulder. She won the Tier III Birmingham, England, event in June.

"It's just great to win two tournaments almost in a row," she said. "It's a good feeling. You have to be playing really well to win two tournaments."

Zvonareva won the last five games of the first set, including two service breaks, and the first two of the second, completing the run with an ace. Srebotnik came up with a break to tie the second set at 3, but Zvonareva won the first two points of the next game on her way to breaking right back and regaining control.

"Obviously, she's in unbelievable form, the way she was when she was No. 9," Srebotnik said. "She was hitting everything hard and deep and so close to the sidelines. She didn't have many unforced errors, so it was tough to dictate points. I tried to change my rhythm a little bit, but it wasn't working. She had an answer for everything."

Zvonareva said she was able to hold serve for most of the match.

"I was able to break her a couple of times," Zvonareva said. "That was really important, because she has a good serve."

Zvonareva also capitalized on Srebotnik's second serve. The 26th-ranked Srebotnik converted just 20 percent (3-of-15) of her second serves. Zvonareva, who converted 61 percent (14-of-23), didn't plan on that going into the match.

"That shows how she was attacking," Srebotnik said. "That's her game plan."

Zvonareva, who had only played Srebotnik once previously, in 2002, said her plan developed during the match.

"I didn't play Katarina in four or five years, so I didn't know what to expect," she said.

They are scheduled to meet again Tuesday in the first round of the Bank of the West Classic at Stanford, Calif.link (http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/15106374.htm)

Daniel
Jul 23rd, 2006, 10:18 PM
Congratulations Vera :worship: :kiss:

zvonareva14
Jul 23rd, 2006, 11:35 PM
THAT'S MY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!1 :worship: :D :wavey: :bounce: :drool: So so so!! Impressive this week! Bring the magic with you to Cali Vera!! And most importantly congrats on another title! :kiss:

Munich
Jul 24th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Bepa :bowdown:

Epigone
Jul 24th, 2006, 03:29 AM
Zvonareva claims Cincinnati title
Zvonareva is on her way back after a long time out with injury
Russia's Vera Zvonareva won her second title of the season as she beat fourth seed Katarina Srebotnik 6-2 6-4 in the final of the Cincinnati Open on Sunday.

Zvonareva broke her Slovenian opponent in the fifth game of the opening set before sealing victory in 56 minutes.

Zvonareva knocked out seventh seed Tatiana Golovin, fifth seed Jelena Jankovic and ex-world number one Serena Williams on her way to the final.

"It wasn't easy, it just looked like that," said the unseeded 21-year-old.

"I was fighting for every point. It was a long time since I last played her, and I didn't know what to expect so I just figured it out on the court.

"I had a few less errors than her too so that helped.

"I think I lost a couple of pounds this week. Every match was tough. It's just great to win two tournaments. It's a good feeling.

"You have to be playing really well to win two tournaments."

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/588/41922156zvonareva270giwl0.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/5208782.stm)

UDACHi
Jul 24th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Vera! Allez!

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 24th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Congrats on her amazing week in Cinci! :worship: I am sure she will be back in the top 20 ( or higher ) by the end of the year :kiss: ... :wavey:

zvonareva14
Jul 24th, 2006, 05:06 AM
You know as much as those early exits at grandslams sucked for not only Vera but even more so her fans! I think they may have been a blessing in disguise! I think they really woke Vera up and there for she pushed herself to do better and work hard, but I think they also made her realize in order to do so she has to want to be out on the court and enjoy herself on and off the court. And like she said in her press confrences she is enjoying life and her tennis more now and I think it has certainly translated into her game! So props to Vera for turning her year around and showing everyone yet again what made us fall in love with her! :)

Epigone
Jul 24th, 2006, 07:25 AM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gifNewsroom
July 23, 2006

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gifhttp://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/library/200x250/_AML8555.JPG
© Andrew Lewis

Zvonareva Wins Cincinnati

CINCINNATI, OH, USA - Displaying much of the form that kept her inside the Top 10 throughout 2004 and 2005, Vera Zvonareva stormed through the Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open draw this week in Cincinnati, capping her fifth career title run with a 62 64 victory over Katarina Srebotnik in Sunday's final.

After both finalists held serve through the first four games of the match, it was the unseeded Zvonareva who made the first move, breaking serve in the fifth game with a stunning backhand down-the-line winner and running away with the first set in just 26 minutes. She built leads of 2-0 and 3-1 in the second set, and although the No.4-seeded Srebotnik rallied to even things up at 3-all and saved a match point at 5-3, Zvonareva held her nerve and closed it out in the 56th minute for her second title of the year.

"I was fighting for every point," said Zvonareva, who also won her only prior meeting with Srebotnik, on Croatian clay four years ago. "It was a long time since I last played her, and I didn't know what to expect so I just figured it out on the court. I had a few less errors than her too so that helped. But I'd like to congratulate Katarina for reaching the final, she really did great this week."

The championship victory over Srebotnik was the last of five impeccable performances this past week in Cincinnati, all but one of which lasted less than an hour. She opened her week with back-to-back 58-minute decisions over No.7 seed Tatiana Golovin and unseeded Varvara Lepchenko (63 60 and 60 62, respectively), then crushed No.5 seed Jelena Jankovic, 61 61, in a 42-minute quarterfinal. Her most impressive win came Saturday with a 62 63 victory over a resurgent Serena Williams in one hour, six minutes, before beating Srebotnik in 56 minutes. Her average match time this week was 56 minutes.

"No matter what the scores were, you always feel under pressure," Zvonareva declared. "The match can turn at any time. When I first started playing the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour, if you lost concentration for one or two games it was okay, because the match would still be sort of the same; but now you have to focus on every point. So it was much more difficult than what the scores looked like."

"She's been playing unbelievable since Birmingham," said Srebotnik, who fell to 4-4 lifetime in Tour singles finals with the defeat. "But I won the most games in one set from her this week, 6-4, so I'm happy about that. We play in the first round next week in Stanford, so I hope to get revenge then!"

Zvonareva, who spent time inside the Top 10 during the second half of 2004 and in the early months of 2005, struggled with a left ankle injury in the second half of 2005, and although she did reach a final at Auckland in the first week of this season, continued to struggle with her form through this year's clay court season. But the former world No.9 hit her stride on the grass of Birmingham last month, winning her fourth career Tour singles title, and now wins two titles in one year for the first time. Despite coming in ranked No.50, she now feels like she has more tools to launch another assault on the game's elite.

"I'm still the same person, but now I feel a little more mature than when I was first in the Top 10," said the 21-year-old Muscovite. "I don't really know what my ranking is. It doesn't really matter to me. It's important for seedings, especially at the Grand Slams; like this year, I had Martina Hingis, Dinara Safina and Kim Clijsters in the first rounds. It's important so I don't play the Top 10 early. Other than that it doesn't matter. Now I won two titles this year, so that says it."

Although the week belonged to Zvonareva, there were several storylines that came to prominence at the Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open, most notably the comeback of seven-time Grand Slam champion and former No.1 Serena Williams, who notched a resounding 62 62 win over Anastasia Myskina in a first round blockbuster en route to reaching the semifinals. Other headlines this week included Srebotnik's nail-biting, third set tie-break victory over top seed and defending champion Patty Schnyder in the semis, which served as her third career Top 10 victory; American veteran Amy Frazier reaching her 90th career quarterfinal; and the recapturing of the service speed record by Dutch veteran Brenda Schultz-McCarthy, who belted a 130mph serve in qualifying.

With her run here, the looming first round rematch in Stanford seems like it would be an afterthought for Zvonareva, but just like she did all this week, she is already looking towards her next match.

"It's been a really unbelievable week for me, but I'm looking forward to Stanford. Playing someone two weeks in a row happens sometimes; and we'll see what happens when we play next week."link (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/newsroom/?contentid=622)

goldenlox
Jul 24th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Life goes on..

Srebotnik gets rematch in a hurry
Zvonareva 1st-round foe this week
BY DUSTIN DOW | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER
MASON - Despite losing in the final of the Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open Sunday, Katarina Srebotnik was pleased with the way she played throughout the tournament.

So at least she can feel good about that for a few days.

Or not.

Thanks to the randomness of how tournament brackets are filled out, Srebotnik will see a familiar face across the net Tuesday in Stanford, Calif. After losing 6-2, 6-4 to Vera Zvonareva Sunday at the Lindner Family Tennis Center, Srebotnik will play Zvonareva again in the first round of the Bank of the West Classic.

"I'll talk with my coach to see what I could have done better," Srebotnik said. "Definitely I will try to put some new things in for our next match on Tuesday just to try different tactics. If she beats me with them as well, I'll say well done again."

There was little else Srebotnik could say about Zvonareva on Sunday.

Zvonareva repeatedly hit the ball deep into the court, making it difficult for Srebotnik, a 25-year-old Slovenian, to hit winners. She ended the match with just 14 winners compared to 22 for Zvonareva.

"I saw the statistics on the big board after the first set," Srebotnik said. "The only difference was in the winners. Everything else was about the same. I was surprised how the score was 6-2 and the statistics showed much closer."

Srebotnik did close the competitive gap somewhat in the second set when she broke Zvonareva's serve. Zvonareva, though, broke Srebotnik right back, and resumed her steady pursuit of the championship.

"She got upset," Srebotnik said, "but it didn't bother her obviously."

Like Srebotnik, Zvonareva wasn't thrilled to have to play the same player again Tuesday, but she shrugged about the next match, saying, "it happens," and there's little either player can do about it.

Srebotnik can only hope for a better result or at least a longer match than the 56 minutes it took Zvonareva to win on Sunday.

"Today I tried to change the rhythm a little bit, but it was not working," Srebotnik said.

"She had an answer for everything. Hopefully she won't on Tuesday."

Harju.
Jul 24th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Awww. :awww:
Congrats Bepa. Been playing impressive tennis for the whole month :D. She looks happy. I really hope she gets a good draw @ USO.

Now good luck again against Kata :scared:

nick_chicane
Jul 24th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah, Srebotnik again, she'll want revenge!

Gonna have to be at the top of your game right from the off, Vera!

Epigone
Jul 25th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Stadium (from 11.00hrs)
1. Sugiyama vs. Peschke
2. Savchuk vs. Stosur
3. Jankovic vs. Osterloh
4. Camerin/Dulko vs. Dechy/Zvonareva
5. Hantuchova vs. Perry (NB 17.30hrs)
6. Bardina vs. Mirza

KV
Jul 25th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Good luck vs. Camerin/Dulko

Munich
Jul 25th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Udachi Bepa in both singles and dubz :kiss: :worship:

goldenlox
Jul 25th, 2006, 02:37 PM
As Vera keeps improving, she has to take some weeks off here and there.
She just beat Golovin, Jankovic, Serena, and Szebotnik.
Now she travels and plays again.
Very grueling

Foot's Fingers
Jul 25th, 2006, 02:50 PM
whta can i say

i more then simply happy for Vera

was out of any info, radio, Internet since last THU and the first waht i see when come back is VERA WITH A TITLE :woohoo:

Impressive!!!

Congrats to all

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Camerin/Dulko d. Dechy/Zvonareva 6-0 6-2 :bigcry: :sobbing: :sad:

They were broken 6 times :help:

slk45
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Vera! Nathalie! :speakles: :hug: :hug:

Maybe someone who was there can tell us what was happening??? :awww: :crying2:

Well, time to concentrate on the singles! GO BEPA!! :bounce:

nick_chicane
Jul 26th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Oh, its only doubles!

Singles are what is important! :)

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Stadium (from 11.00hrs)
1. Zvonareva vs. Srebotnik
2. Sugiyama vs. Golovin
3. Perry vs. Craybas
4. Kudryavtseva/Luzhanska vs. Mattek/Mirza
5. Clijsters vs. Jankovic (NB 19.30hrs)
6. Drake/Vaidisova vs. Groenefeld/Peer

rrfnpump
Jul 26th, 2006, 07:57 AM
huh :confused: :bolt:
what the hell was that... even it is only doubes its scary

Munich
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Bepa and Nat in doubles :rolleyes:
ok never mind, now Bepa only has singles to concentrate on. I want to see Bepa beating Kim :angel:

Harju.
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Maybe she's saving up her energy for single. :shrug: She's playing two full weeks.

Udachi Bepa.

Foot's Fingers
Jul 26th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Good Luck Vera today

Just reconfirm yr ability to beat Srebotnik

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Bepa took the 1st set 6-4, while Dechy trails Camerin 0-6 0-1* and has won just 7 points vs 30 :help:

I think I have idea about who sucked in doubles :tape:

slk45
Jul 26th, 2006, 06:56 PM
The match is being live-streamed here:

http://mfile.akamai.com/16410/live/reflector:58480.asx

(one camera, no sound, but.....it's Bepa!!)

GO BEPA!!! :bounce:

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Bepa d. Srebotnik 6-4 6-3 :bigclap: :banana: :worship: :yippee:

rrfnpump
Vera won 64 63 :yeah: :)
another solid win !!

no losing in first round any more :D

nick_chicane
Well thats a good start to the tournament, tough opening draw since they played just a few days ago!

Another win, wow, im really starting to enjoy this bit of form......Kim better watch out! :lol:

zvonareva14
Jul 26th, 2006, 07:34 PM
O Vera you just can't be stopped can you! :cool: :angel:

slk45
Jul 26th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Wow, Vera!!! :smooch: She went right after that MP/BP with no hesitation.

Great match, Bepa!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Next up, either Camerin or Dechy. We'll know before long.

GO BEPA!!! :bigclap: :yippee: :yippee:

pav
Jul 26th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Great going Bepa! liked this positive article from Todd Spiker

Monday, July 24, 2006

Wk.29- Le Tour de Zvonareva

You think Floyd Landis accomplished something big on Sunday in Paris by winning the Tour de France while overcoming a deteriorating hip and a seemingly impossible time deficit? You think Tiger Woods deserves a pat on the back for taking the British Open in Liverpool while overcoming the lingering grief resulting from the death of his father?

Well, then what's to be made of what Vera Zvonareva did in Cincinnati? She had to overcome herself in order to take what might be the biggest stand in her still-young career, and it might just change everything.

Zvonareva has always been exceptionally talented, but she's often been an emotional wreck. too... with the latter trait most times overwhelming the former, to the detriment of the Russian's career. Over the past few years, she's become so identified with her easy on-court tears that even that cliche-ridden list of nicknames that the U.S. Open Series threw out a year ago couldn't ignore it, dubbing her "The Drama Queen." In "The Rivals," Ted Tinling noted that the emotional Martina Navratilova went "from arrogance to panic with nothing in between," often from point-to-point during a match. Zvonareva perfected the art of simply zooming to Step Two in that equation, never bothering with the arrogance part.

Thing is, during the sunny Russian summer of 2004, Zvonareva was right in the thick of her nation's tennis revolution. She climbed into the Top 10 in August and looked as if she might be the next Hordette to join the slam winner's brigade. Two years can make quite a difference. Last season was interrupted by several injuries, but her overall 21-21 record spoke volumes about Zvonareva's inconsistency on levels not confined to simply her health. While she's managed to eek out at least one singles title every year since 2003, Zvonareva's only reached the QF of a slam once (RG '03) and has yet to notch a single slam match win in 2006 (she's 0-3).

Barely a month ago, Zvonareva's ranking had fallen all the way to #78 after a string of ten tournaments saw her lose five straight 1st Round matches, then follow that streak up by exiting the next five events in the 2nd Round. But her results sparked up right before Wimbledon when she won her first grass court title in Birmingham. A bad draw at SW19 led to her opening round ouster at the hands of Kim Clijsters, but Zvonareva doesn't seem to have taken the easy way out this time around. Her pre-Wimbledon course has remained true after leaving the All-England Club.

In Cincinnati, she didn't lose a set on her way to the title, all the way through her less-than-an-hour, 6-2/6-4 win over Katarina Srebotnik in the final. But her most important victory last week might have come a day earlier, where Zvonareva put an abrupt end to the tournament's biggest story -- the comeback of Serena Williams. The easy 6-2/6-3 win, even though coming in a Tier III semifinal, might end up being one of the biggest -- if not THE biggest -- in her career if the rest of the hard court season plays out in her favor. True, Williams was likely tired at the end of her first week of action in six months, but the emotional wreck that has often been the 21-year old Russian in big matches in the past very easily could have resurfaced in the match. It didn't, and that could be a significant moment in Zvonareva's career.

**MOST CAREER WTA TITLES**
[active Russians]
11...Maria Sharapova
10...Anastasia Myskina
6....Svetlana Kuznetsova
5....Elena Dementieva
5....Nadia Petrova
5....VERA ZVONAREVA
4....Dinara Safina

Even with her disappointing results over much of the past two years, Zvonareva's career resume STILL stacks up pretty well against her Russian counterparts, save for any ever-important grand slam breakthrough, of course. That's why Cincinnati could be so very important. While the rest of the Horde members appear to be in various states of rest or rehab, she has a chance to shine. Maybe her sustained level of performance, from Birmingham to Cincinnati, and through Serena, will finally allow Zvonareva's confidence level to match her potential over the next month, and pay even bigger dividends at the end of the 3rd Quarter. She missed the U.S. Open a year ago with an ankle injury (the first slam absence of her career), so why not make her return to New York worthy of a ticker tape parade? Remember, Svetlana Kuznetsova came of age on the North American hard courts two years ago. Why can't Zvonareva do it now? Will she take advantage of her opportunity? We'll know by the time the tour hits New York.

If she does, most will say "good for her." Others will say that "it's about time" she had a breakthrough. Either way, Zvonareva is suddenly a Russian to keep a close eye on again. Finally.

Maybe next time, the tears can be ones of joy.

KV
Jul 26th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Terrific Bepa!

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Dechy is up next

Remember that Bepa owns her 6-1 in H2H :devil:

slk45
Jul 26th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Great going Bepa! liked this positive article from Todd Spiker

Monday, July 24, 2006

Wk.29- Le Tour de Zvonareva Great article, pav. Do you have a link for it?

pav
Jul 26th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Great article, pav. Do you have a link for it?

http://www.tennisrulz.com/

slk45
Jul 27th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Vera plays Nathalie Dechy first up tomorrow at 11:00am Pacific Time, same as today. Dechy won her match today the hard way, nearly giving up the 2nd set TB after being up 5-0, and then winning the 3rd set 0-6, 7-6 (6), 6-3.

If Vera stays in-form, she should be meeting Kim in the 3rd!! Kim and Jelena are warming up right now. Live-streaming is still on. :)

GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 27th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Vera !!!!!!!!!!! onwards and upwards

The Return of Vera, even better than the original :banana:

zvonareva14
Jul 27th, 2006, 04:20 AM
That article by Spiker was terrific and very true. Vera I think has done a good job of realizing those fits and tears will only dig her a hole... I would cry right along with her if she was to win a slam...How incredible that would be! :hearts:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 27th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Vera :kiss:

Confident win!!!

Now own Dechy as usual pls

SloKid
Jul 27th, 2006, 09:07 AM
If she does, most will say "good for her." Others will say that "it's about time" she had a breakthrough. Either way, Zvonareva is suddenly a Russian to keep a close eye on again. Finally.

Maybe next time, the tears can be ones of joy.
This part made me tear up a bit. :o :lol:

It sucks you beat Kata twice :ras:
But come on Bepa!

russophile
Jul 27th, 2006, 10:30 AM
yehey!!!

goldenlox
Jul 27th, 2006, 02:24 PM
In this wide open game, Vera might have a shot at the US Open.

nick_chicane
Jul 27th, 2006, 05:58 PM
liked this positive article from Todd Spiker

That is a really good article, enjoyed reading it!

I think i would feel alot of "good for her" if she was to win a slam BUT i would also feel alot of "its about time" too!

As fans, we've always known how good Vera really is and she really should have had ALOT more success by now, than she actually has!

Epigone
Jul 27th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Bepa d. Nathalie Dechy 7-6(5) 6-0 :bigclap: :dance: :worship: :yippee: :bounce:

Bagel :drool:

Bepa was broken when serving at 5-5, but won the TB and then won 24 vs 3 points in the 2nd set :bolt:

pav
Jul 27th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I was sure getting the willys in that first set,Bepa would get Nat to O-30 but she would come back,and you could almost see the break coming,but good fighting and found the turbo in the second(hope she dosen't misplace it for her next match)got to go and cut up a tree soon and if the big old Stihl goes as good as Bepa in the second I'll be finished by lunchtime:)

nick_chicane
Jul 27th, 2006, 08:03 PM
A little nerve racking for a while there, great of her to show real grit to get that break back in the first set! :worship:

2nd set, well just fantastic! :D

Its so great to see her playing this well, lets hope it continues, for say, another 15 years! :lol:

KV
Jul 27th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Great to get the decisive break back for TB. Then in second set Vera's rolling. Again well-performed.

zvonareva14
Jul 27th, 2006, 10:24 PM
This is a good example of how Vera is controling her emotions better. There were a lot of times in the first set where she cou;d have lost it, but she stuck it out and then dominated Dechy in the second! Way to go Vera I truly think you'll upset Kim!

slk45
Jul 27th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Bepa!!! :eek: :bounce: Great comeback from the TB!
(but not nice to bagel your doubles partner :o ) :devil:

Way to go, Vera! Take that form to Kim!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

slk45
Jul 28th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Tnx to danielafrenchfan!

http://img138.imagevenue.com/loc566/th_80077_celebrity_city_Vera_Zvonareva_23_566lo.jp g (http://img138.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=80077_celebrity_city_Vera_Zvonareva_ 23_566lo.jpg)
Isn't this skirt a bit shorter than we're used to seeing on Bepa? :cool:
http://img120.imagevenue.com/loc321/th_80076_celebrity_city_Vera_Zvonareva_25_321lo.jp g (http://img120.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=80076_celebrity_city_Vera_Zvonareva_ 25_321lo.jpg)
I hope Vera rests her wrist for a bit after San Diego!! :( :kiss:

Daniel
Jul 28th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Good luck vs /KIm

Go Vera :yeah:

Epigone
Jul 28th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Friday, July 28, 2006
Stadium (from 12.00hrs)
1. Golovin vs. Groenefeld
2. Craybas vs. Schnyder
3. [Vaidisova or Bammer] vs. Stosur (NB 15.00hrs)
4. Clijsters vs. Zvonareva (NB 19.30hrs)
5. Camerin/Dulko vs. A.Bondarenko/K.Bondarenko

This is one very important match :dance:

Epigone
Jul 28th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Check out this (http://wtaworld.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=10710) poll :eek:

33 people have voted...12 people think Bepa will win in 2 and 11 people think she will win in 3 :D

Then again, 75% of people said that Serena would defeat Bepa :o

Epigone
Jul 28th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Zvonareva Keeps Winning; Seeds Into Quarterfinals
First up on Stadium Court was Vera Zvonareva, who extended her summer hardcourt win streak to seven matches with a 76(5) 60 win over Nathalie Dechy. Zvonareva, a wild card this week, trailed 3-1 in the tie-break, but then brought out the form that last week took her to the Cincinnati title, firing big serves and groundstrokes to perfection en route to the quick, straight set victory. :D It was also her seventh consecutive victory against the Frenchwoman.:worship:

"It was a tough first set for me," Zvonareva said afterwards. "She was playing really well, and I got lucky in the tie-break. I was able to come back from 3-1 down in the tie-break, which gave me momentum into the second set. I felt like I was cruising in the second set."wtatour.com (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/newsroom/?contentid=636)

rrfnpump
Jul 28th, 2006, 09:29 AM
now we will see how good Vera's form really is!
a win against Kim would be another pusher for her :)

nick_chicane
Jul 28th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Its a shame the match is so late! Its 3.30am my time so im either gonna have to stay up REALLY late or just look for the result in the morning! :sad:

Epigone
Jul 28th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Its a shame the match is so late! Its 3.30am my time so im either gonna have to stay up REALLY late or just look for the result in the morning! :sad:Can't you go to bed and then wake up for the match? :shrug:

Her previous two matches have been on at 4am for me and that what I did :)

KV
Jul 28th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Good luck vs. Kim. Last time they played Kim won in straight but Vera deserved a 3 setter. Match could have gone either way. Good sign for Vera, HC's suits her better than grass.

goldenlox
Jul 28th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Kim has been a tough foe for Vera this summer.
This is a good time to play her

goldenlox
Jul 28th, 2006, 03:26 PM
If Vera wins this, she can win in NYC

nick_chicane
Jul 28th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Can't you go to bed and then wake up for the match? :shrug:

Her previous two matches have been on at 4am for me and that what I did :)

I gotta be up for work at 6am so i cant really afford to stay up for it! :sad:

paranoia0809
Jul 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Its a shame the match is so late! Its 3.30am my time so im either gonna have to stay up REALLY late or just look for the result in the morning! :sad:

Same problem here where the match starts at 4.30 AM :sad:

slk45
Jul 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM
I gotta be up for work at 6am so i cant really afford to stay up for it! :sad:That will be just right! Watch the match at 330am, and you'll be all ready to go to work at 6. :lol:

C'mon, Nick, you're still young enough to pull all-nighters!!! :drink: :aparty: :yippee: :p

sorry Kim, but...GO BEPA!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

zvonareva14
Jul 28th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Does anyone who is living in the states know if this match will be on tv tonight? :confused:

No Name Face
Jul 28th, 2006, 06:15 PM
just giving my support to vera.
kim is my least favorite player...it'd be great to see vera get her first victory against her. hopefully in straight sets too. ;)

Epigone
Jul 28th, 2006, 11:12 PM
I thought of this problem when I first heard about the idea of coaches on court, but I also predicted this outcome :p
Bringing coaches on court could create awkward situations. For instance, some players share coaches, as is the case with Zvonareva, Elena Likhovtseva and Meilen Tu. All three work and travel with Samuel Sumyk.

Sumyk, who is in Northern California with Zvonareva and Tu, says he simply won't be involved if any of his clients face off.

"We will keep this rule," says Sumyk, who, despite the potential conflict, adds it is "worth a try."USATODAY.COM (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/open/2006-07-27-on-court-coaching_x.htm)

slk45
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Does anyone who is living in the states know if this match will be on tv tonight? :confused:No! :mad: Sports broadcasting here is limited to poker, darts and dominoes.

Actually, they will broadcast tomorrow & Sunday.

Vera did a remarkable job keeping her cool in that 7th game. :bounce:

Epigone
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:53 AM
Bepa 2-6 6-3 0-0*

This is great :D

Epigone
Jul 29th, 2006, 04:21 AM
Kim d. Bepa 6-2 3-6 6-1 :sobbing: :bigcry: :crying2: :tears:

Bepa was serving at *40-0 at 0-1 in the 3rd and lost 5 straight points to be broken :help: x 100000000000

Then she had *40-15 at 0-3 and was broken again :help:

What the heck happened? :sad:

zvonareva14
Jul 29th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Vera :sad: ....I really thought it was going to be your night :confused:. But great tournament beat 2 quality players and took a set from the #2 player in the world! I know your day to truly shine will come soon! :angel: :kiss:

slk45
Jul 29th, 2006, 05:07 AM
BEPA!!! :bigcry: :hug: It was a great comeback in the 2nd set with 5 aces and good %-ages.

I think she kept trying for too much. Vera did a wonderful job -- externally, at least -- of keeping her cool through a number of problematic points. But at 0-4 she began looking dejected to me. I wish we had a UE stat. Two dropshots in the 3rd set; one from behind the baseline, the other just too much on it. And several short balls she just fed right back to Kim instead of angling them away from her. Vera did a fine job getting to the net; she just couldn't capitalize on it.

But as I mentioned somewhere, if she needs a letdown after Cincinnati, now is the time. ('tho a win over Kim would have been a great boost; I think Bepa has a confidence problem with Kim similar to Kim's with Justine). I want Bepa to go fresh into the Acura and win it! Time for a Tier I victory.

Vera picked up 48 pts at Stanford. A QF finish isn't bad. She should hold at #37 or maybe even move up a spot.

Relax and refresh, Bepa! Carlsbad awaits with only 1 pt to defend.

:zzz:, Bepa!! And let that wrist mend!!!

rrfnpump
Jul 29th, 2006, 08:32 AM
good try, Vera :) :hug:
although I'd preferred a closer third set

on to San Diego... didnt she lose to Washington there last year :o

nick_chicane
Jul 29th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Hey, its still a massive improvement, at least Vera got a set off Kim!

We should all still feel very happy about how things are going! I certainly am! :)

Kim's a VERY good opponent and you certainly arent gonna start beating players like that, overnight! Vera still has alot of work to do to get herself into that sort of position but we should all feel very happy with how things are going now! :D

Will she climb the rankings at all? I so desperately want her back in that top 32!

KV
Jul 29th, 2006, 12:26 PM
On positive note Bepa took a set off Kim. Pretty sure Bepa still can improve. Has had excellent past weeks.

goldenlox
Jul 29th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Another tough draw in San Diego.
Vera can't be satisfied with Tier III's.
The real players are in these events.
In San Diego, every round will be very difficult

Sweep
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:46 PM
On positive note Bepa took a set off Kim. Pretty sure Bepa still can improve. Has had excellent past weeks.

She's been fantastic recently.

On to San Diego, she's got Sugiyama, then Peng/Santangelo, followed up by a prospective meeting with Masha S. Not easy, but with her form, she could cause a surprise or two.

Epigone
Jul 29th, 2006, 04:46 PM
The San Diego draw looks okay to me :yeah:

Had she held for 1-1* in the 3rd, the match against Kim could have been quite different. Hopefully this loss won't undo all of her good work :sad:

Harju.
Jul 29th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Bepa :hug:

It's been three great weeks really. Her loss wasn't that bad either. Kim was playing some wicked tennis out there. Bepa should be proud of what she has achieved so far, considering she was winning one, two matches per tournament earlier season. Now take a good rest and get ready for San Diego. :drool:

zvonareva14
Jul 30th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Slk where did you see the match? Next weeks draw also gets a check from me. :p

slk45
Jul 30th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Slk where did you see the match? Next weeks draw also gets a check from me. :pI was just watching the live-stream on internet.

good try, Vera :) :hug:
although I'd preferred a closer third set

on to San Diego... didnt she lose to Washington there last year :o
Yes, 1R loss in singles, and this is where she had that bad ankle twist in the doubles SF, which left her out of play until after the US Open.

First up, Sugiyama. Vera has 1 loss to Ai, in 2003. Sugiyama has made it at least to the QFs here 4 of the last 5 years, and was the runner-up last year, losing to Pierce in the final and having to come back to play in the doubles final as well. (She did benefit from 1R and SF retirements in the singles, and had 3-setters in 2nd & 3rd rounds).

She is a tough cookie, but Vera should have the stamina to stay with her, and should be able to beat her if she maintains her form from Cincy.

nick_chicane
Jul 30th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Still another nasty draw!

These draws just dont seem to wanna ease up on her at all! :sad:

My money's still on her drawing Federer at the US Open! :lol:

goldenlox
Jul 30th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I think this a difficult draw. Beating Jackson and Srebotnik is one thing.
Beating Ai, Peng, Sharapova is another thing.

But Vera is capable of winning these matches. She's played a lot of tennis

the cat
Jul 30th, 2006, 05:49 PM
It's good to see Versushka playing well again. :) But I hope she won't play too much tennis this summer and ruin her U.S. Open chances the way Nadia Petrova did to herself at the French Open.

Daniel
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:10 AM
Vera is having a good moment right now. The last 2 weeks her results have been good. I am sure she will cause some upsets in San Diego.

Vamos Vera :kiss:

tobi
Jul 31st, 2006, 07:31 AM
:( :sad: for loss to Kim

good luck in San Diego Vera :hug:

It is tough looking draw but I think she can manage to win these matches now :)

goldenlox
Jul 31st, 2006, 02:07 PM
Ai is very fast, Vera has to play steady.
I'd like to see Vera approach the net

-Makiri-
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:50 PM
Good luck in San Diego, Vera :)

zvonareva14
Jul 31st, 2006, 05:45 PM
Best wishes against Sugiyama Vera! ;) Just play like you have been and you should pull out a fairly confortable win.

slk45
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:39 AM
Vera's match against Sugiyama is 2nd up on stadium court. Then her doubles match is 4th up on Court 2! I don't like seeing this doubles lineup in the 1R, I've got a player on both sides.

Vera could be pretty tired after her match with Ai; hopefully, she can take charge right away and win in straight sets, to conserve her energy. You can do it, Bepa!

GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Harju.
Aug 1st, 2006, 02:37 PM
Good luck against Ai, Bepa.
A good first round match for Bepa before facing tougher opponents in the next rounds.

KV
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:00 PM
GO Bepa good luck vs. Ai.

goldenlox
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:05 PM
I hope she still has energy for a long week

Epigone
Aug 1st, 2006, 07:05 PM
Bepa is in some type of zone :scared:

It's 4-1* in the 1st and she's had three love games on serve and one love game returning :worship:

She's won 17 points to 4 :eek:

(•_•)
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:03 PM
6-1 7-5 :bounce: :yippee: :woohoo:

Did she play well? I couldn't watch the match :(

Epigone
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:04 PM
Bepa d. Ai Sugiyama 6-1 7-5 :bigclap: :dance: :worship: :banana: :yippee:, but the match should have been closed out much earlier (she blew a MP and then was broken when serving for the match at 5-4 :help: )

The good news is that she had 6 aces :cool:

paranoia0809
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:04 PM
Bepa won 6-1 7-5 :bounce:

UDACHi
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:08 PM
wow that was much closer than it should have been. :o

great job though, vera. she shows some mental fortitude to take down the defending finalist. :bounce:

KV
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:23 PM
Well done Bepa :) :bounce:

Sweep
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:24 PM
:rocker2:

Well done Vera.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:58 PM
well done Vera :yeah: :D :)
slowly getting there, nearly into seeding positions for US Open

she'll make those for sure, but hope Vera can get into 17-24 seeds in another 3 weeks.

zvonareva14
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:09 PM
Excellent Vera! :D A few bumps but Sugiyama was a finalist from last year so she must play well on these courts so Vera should be very proud of a 6-1 first set! Next up Peng Vera should win fairly confortably. Also best of luck in doubles! :kiss:

nick_chicane
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah, it was a rocky end to the match, then again, the Vera of old would have lost that 2nd set after dropping that break so thats still very positive that she still came out and won it in 2! :)

Much tougher match with Peng next! :confused:

Epigone
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:04 PM
Bepa/Nathalie d. Frazier/Granville 6-3 6-1 :woohoo:

Munich
Aug 2nd, 2006, 01:36 AM
well done Bepa and Nathalie also:banana::woohoo:

rrfnpump
Aug 2nd, 2006, 08:29 AM
good to see Vera keeps on winning even when I am away :lol: :p
Peng will be very tough, but I hope and think she can do it

also :yeah: on doubles win
now against Black/Stubbs

pav
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:15 AM
good to see Vera keeps on winning even when I am away :lol: :p
Peng will be very tough, but I hope and think she can do it

also :yeah: on doubles win
now against Black/Stubbs

You are naughty leaving Bepa! I hear it is a little warm over there :)

Pata
Aug 2nd, 2006, 01:02 PM
Hi All !! Great news Link (http://www.zvonareva.com/board/viewthread.php?tid=234)
Vera Zvonareva has been nominated (among 4 others) as the best Russian sportsman/woman of July 2006. Congratulations!!!
If you want to vote for Vera to be winner please go to
http://www.sport-express.ru/best/vote/
Change your Encoding to Cyrillic(Windows) if it's possible

Choose 1st variant (Bepa 3BOHAPEBA)
Enter your E-mail at the bottom and your full name just 1 line above (without fail !!!)
After that click red button means Vote.

Or here http://www.intersport.ru/polling.aspx
enter "Вера Звонарева" adown.

goldenlox
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:21 PM
Vera is doing well, but this draw will be tough

Harju.
Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:08 PM
Great win for Bepa :yeah:. The second set was a bit :scared:

I thought she should do well against Shuai who misses easily. Udachi Bepa. Win please :angel:

Epigone
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:07 PM
Bepa d. Shuai Peng 3-6 7-6(5) RET :shrug:

Bepa really fought back in the 2nd set, but could it have been because of an injured opponent?

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:14 PM
Super Vera :yeah: :D :)
she hung tough ;) :D

she's upto #32 now and nothing to defend for weeks :)

rrfnpump
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:16 PM
lets just take this as a win
a win is a win - money and ranking points included

well done on fighting, Vera :yeah:
was down 1-4 in the second set...

next round will be :devil:

KV
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:21 PM
Good Bepa won though didn't want her to win that away. Can't feel sorry for the Peng fans what exageraters they are. Vera's been proving she's much more consistent than Shuai Peng. So very relieved Peng is out as said before didn't want her to retire.

Sweep
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:22 PM
And so, Vera progresses.

Next round will be very difficult for me personally because I like both Masha and Vera. Whilst a match between favourites is always a special occasion it's always difficult because one of them has to lose.

Epigone
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:28 PM
I think a wahmbulance needs to be dispatched to the GM forum :rolleyes:

Bepa bashers :retard:

pav
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:36 PM
They are not taking it well are they? No doubt they would have grabbed it with both arms the other way around. It would be interesting to know what and when regarding the injury,or illness. Hope Bepa can move on now:)

UDACHi
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:47 PM
people are insane. :eek:

vera deserved this win. we don't even have proof that shuai was injured at 6-3 4-1, maybe vera fought back and then she got injured.

she's still playing well, either way. i just hope she can be fresh in her next match. it's a biggie. :unsure:

RR-87
Aug 2nd, 2006, 08:42 PM
Vera :yeah:

poor Peng but it'll be amzing to watch Vera vs Maria match :)

Good luck to Vera!

Epigone
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:18 AM
Peng retired with heat illness :sad:

I remember a hypothesis put forward by a poster here that Bepa suffers when it's hot, so did Peng wilt before her or is Bepa now better conditioned?

pav
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:33 AM
Russia's Vera Zvonareva advanced when Chinese Shuai Peng was unable to continue with heat exhaustion, 3-6, 7-6 (7-5).

'I could see she was having problems with the heat,' said Zvonareva, winner of two titles since June including Cincinnati last month. 'I felt fine and wasn't' thinking about the weather.

'I couldn't tell any difference in her game (http://sport.monstersandcritics.com/tennis/article_1186504.php/Pierce_tested_in_rugged_return_victory#), since she goes for all of her shots and plays aggressive on every ball.'

Zvonareva plays in the third round Thursday against second-seeded Russian compatriot Maria Sharapova, with the pair level at two wins each.

But their last meeting came two years ago in the Los Angeles WTA Championships, where Sharapova won in round robin play.

© 2006 dpa - Deutsche Presse-Agentur

zvonareva14
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:46 AM
Well that's good to hear the weather isn't bothering Vera. I think she will be able to beat Maria if she plays as well as she has been...at least I hope. ;) I know you can do it Vera let's go!!! :bounce:

rrfnpump
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:28 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2006-08-03/U397P6T12D2375136F44DT20060803092017.jpg

Vera is so evil :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:13 PM
Now Vera has to improve her level.
She has to play her best tennis

Harju.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:51 PM
Bepa played well in the second set. She mixed up her shots and started to frustrate Shuai. Her new strategy worked very well.

:angel:

Udachi Bepa. Tough one against Maria. She needs to step up the engine from the first game tomorrow. And :worship: for getting back to #32 :angel:.

slk45
Aug 3rd, 2006, 05:04 PM
I wasn't able to follow Vera's matches on the net the last couple days, but the results are great. I'm glad Vera took my advice and beat Sugiyama in straight sets ;). Also a great comeback by Vera against Peng. Too bad Peng had to retire, but I'm glad Vera came back strong to win the 2nd set. Much better than if Vera had been down when Peng retired.

Good win in doubles, too, Vera. :yeah:
Laura! :sad:

Vera plays Sharapova this afternoon. She can win this one if she can stay as mentally tough as she has been since Birmingham. Maria is a model for pumping yourself up, and the only time I ever saw her really get frustrated is when she played Vera at the YEC a couple years ago. :)

Good luck too in doubles, Vera.

GO BEPA!!! You can do it!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

pav
Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:40 PM
Sounds like Bepa wants a level playing field :)

Out of whack?

Vera Zvonareva contends that Court 2 here, on which she was playing yesterday, is higher on one side than the other.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/images/utbullets/utbullet.gif Jerry Magee: (619) 293-1830; jerry.magee@uniontrib.com (jerry.magee@uniontrib.com)

zvonareva14
Aug 3rd, 2006, 07:33 PM
Does any where no any places where the Vera/Maria match will be shown on streamed online or something?

slk45
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:14 PM
It's on the Tennis Channel (which I don't have), but nowhere else that I know of. :(

C'MON BEPA!!! Big comeback now, just like the 1st Round, only quicker!! ;) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

nick_chicane
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:40 PM
Ummm, minus the little fight back at the end, that wasnt that impressive! I kinda expected abit more from Vera today!

I cant help but feel a little disappointed! :sad:

slk45
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:47 AM
BEPA!! :bigcry: :hug:

I only saw part of the live-scoring. The stats show Vera with 4 aces to Maria's 1, and 1 double-fault to Maria's 4. Vera's points won on 1st serve weren't bad, but Maria's were better. Can only guess that Maria was more agressive, or Vera more cautious.

Good luck in Carson, Vera. :smooch:

Due to the WTA's new policy of concealing from the public where players will be playing, we can't be sure Vera is still going to play there. She was as of 7/17/06. The Carson website only indicates 7 players, and the tournament is next week!

russophile
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:28 AM

pav
Aug 4th, 2006, 02:55 AM
I see they lost the doubles by walkover,I wonder if Bepa has a problem

zvonareva14
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:05 AM
She had chances in the first set and got down early in the second...it just seemed kind of sloppy but hey at least she's back in the top 32! :)

slk45
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:55 AM
I see they lost the doubles by walkover,I wonder if Bepa has a problemVera has a left wrist sprain, according to the WTA's Doubles Draw sheet!! :sad:
She's been fighting that left wrist since just before Cincinnati. :(

Recover soon, Bepa! :hug:

rrfnpump
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:20 AM
64 64 is close, but far far away at the same time :sad:
I just hope Vera recovers now and doesnt play next week... she should be seeded at USO

nick_chicane
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Vera's posted a comment on the zvonareva.ru guestbook, can any of you russian speaking people translate it for us please? Does it mention anything about her wrist?

A big thank you in advance to the person that does it! :)

http://www.zvonareva.ru/guestbook/en/

Sweep
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:14 PM
:hug: Unlucky Vera.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Vera withdrew from LA today :(:( hope nothing is up with her and she's just taking a week off to rest.

slk45
Aug 4th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Vera withdrew from LA today :(:( hope nothing is up with her and she's just taking a week off to rest.Hopefully to let her wrist recover! :unsure: 100% for the US Open, Bepa!! :smooch:

Harju.
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Good decision from Bepa. She's been playing too much. She needs some rest.

goldenlox
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Vera is doing well. It's important for her to stay healthy,
and win matches in NYC

Epigone
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:56 AM
:wavey: all

I was away at the beach and couldn't follow Bepa's match :sobbing:

Injuries are frustrating :(, but she needs a break :smooch:

pav
Aug 6th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Hope it wasn't a topless beach :eek: A week off wont do Bepa and the wrist any harm,looking back she could have been losing her great sharp edge over the last two matches,even though she still was fighting.rest and recover Bepa :)

slk45
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Today's rankings:
Sharapova held at #4, Petrova held at 5, Dementieva held at 6, Kuznetsova held at 7, Myskina held at 11, Safina held at 15, Kirilenko held at 21, Chakvetadze up 2 to #29, Likhovtseva dropped 4 to #32, and Bepa is up 3 to #33!!. Vesnina is up 2 to #49. 11 Russian players in top 50, 4 in the top 10!!

Vera is 8 pts behind Lena L., who like Vera, has nothing to defend this week. Vera is 10 pts behind Gisela Dulko, who has 14 pts to defend. 98 pts separates Vera from #24 Tatiana Golovin, who also has nothing to defend. Five players occupy the 100 pt range below Vera.

It appears Vera will be playing Rogers Cup, which is a Tier I, tho' we can't be sure. She is listed under Players on the website. Let's hope for at least a QF finish.

Get rested and recover, Bepa!! :hug:

goldenlox
Aug 7th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Vera is #33. Next year, top 10

No Name Face
Aug 7th, 2006, 02:44 PM
i want Bepa to be top 10 again :rocker2:

slk45
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:00 PM
It appears Vera will be playing Rogers Cup, which is a Tier I, tho' we can't be sure. She is listed under Players on the website. Let's hope for at least a QF finish.
Now it would seem she is not playing Montreal. Altho' Vera is still listed under the Player Bios, the "Record Breaking Player List" now posted on the main page of the Rogers Cup website does not list Vera. :(

And Bepa is not listed yet for the Pilot Pen!!! :eek: :sad:

Bepa, where are you?? :help:

rrfnpump
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:05 PM
I think when the entry deadline for New Haven was made Vera's ranking was too low for main draw so she might be in the qualies list...

Either way its most important she will be 100% at the US Open

slk45
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:44 PM
I think when the entry deadline for New Haven was made Vera's ranking was too low for main draw so she might be in the qualies list...

Either way its most important she will be 100% at the US Open
I had called the Pilot Pen office about Vera's entry, and they said she hadn't entered yet, and that I should check back in a week.

I agree she needs to be 100% for New York, and if she needs to skip New Haven to be sure of that, that's fine. But she probably could use the warmup right before the Open, if she's healthy.

Heal, Bepa, heal!! :bounce:

Epigone
Aug 7th, 2006, 10:06 PM

Either way its most important she will be 100% at the US OpenBepa could try to get a MD wildcard like she did at Stanford...

Just be ready for the USO! :cool:

slk45
Aug 8th, 2006, 04:52 AM
Vera responded to my inquiry at www.zvonareva.ru saying she wasn't sure at the moment whether she would enter Pilot Pen.

nick_chicane
Aug 8th, 2006, 08:47 AM
YAY! I got a reply from Vera, i feel all warm and fuzzy now! :lol:

Yes, it was only a "thanks" but its better than nothing! :)

Oh, and i really think Vera should play at least one tournament before the US Open, as long as the wrist is better. We really dont want a nightmare draw again, she needs to be inside that top 32!

rrfnpump
Aug 8th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Its great to see her staying in contact with her fans
I remember goldenlox and me criticizing her for the old website :p

goldenlox
Aug 8th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I think Vera can be better than she was in 2004.
She has to learn how to get to net, and use her talent.
Vera can be top 5 in 3 or 4 years

slk45
Aug 8th, 2006, 05:40 PM
YAY! I got a reply from Vera, i feel all warm and fuzzy now! :lol:

Yes, it was only a "thanks" but its better than nothing! :)
It is nice to have a reply, Nick. :lol:

Here is what I have come up with, stimulated by conversation on www.zvonareva.com:

Seedings for the US Open will be based on 8/21/06 rankings. Results from this week and next week will determine those rankings.

If Vera doesn't play before USO, she will have 627 pts.

If Chakvetadze cannot get to the 3rd round either this week or next, she will drop behind Vera.

Dulko is at greatest risk, needing at least a 2R finish this week, and a semifinal next week (or those can be reversed) to stay ahead of Vera.

No one ranked above Dulko is in danger of falling behind Vera, even if they don't play.

Dechy needs a QF win or two 3rd round wins, to pass Vera.

Zheng would need a 3R and a QF win to pass Vera. Krajicek needs a couple 3R wins, and Stosur a couple QF wins. Anyone below Stosur needs well over 100 pts to pass Vera.

Vera is saying she will try to play either Montreal or New Haven.

GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :wavey: :bounce:

nick_chicane
Aug 8th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Youve certainly been busy with your stats sam! :lol:

Lets just hope Vera doesnt have to rely on other peoples results to get into the top 32!

The difference in draw between being seeded and not seeded is unbelievable! If she can possibly play, she needs to!

I REALLY dont want to have to witness another 1 day Grand Slam tournament! :sad:

andrewbroad
Aug 9th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Even if Bepa goes into the US Open seedings still ranked #33, there's a good chance that someone will withdraw. So she shouldn't push for a seeding at the expense of her health.

Obviously, I hope that her left wrist will be fine for the tournaments she wants to play anyway.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/)

pav
Aug 10th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Mauresmo, V. Williams and Bovina out of Montreal!Hantuchova,Golovin and Zvonareva in! http://www.rds.ca/intercanada/chroniques/210365.html (http://www.rds.ca/intercanada/chroniques/210365.html)
Posted in G.M by maxomax

pav
Aug 10th, 2006, 09:04 AM
or in english

Mauresmo and Venus Williams out of Rogers

Associated Press
Posted: 6 hours ago MONTREAL (AP) - World No. 1 Amelie Mauresmo pulled out of next week's Rogers Cup due to a shoulder injury.

Mauresmo has not played since winning Wimbledon in July.

She has won the Rogers Cup twice, in 2002 and 2004.

"I am very disappointed to have to withdraw from the Rogers Cup because of a right shoulder strain that I sustained, while preparing for the tournament," Mauresmo said in a statement on Wednesday. "Some of the best moments of my career have been at the Rogers Cup in Montreal, where the fans, tournament organizers, media and sponsors have always been so great to me."

Also forced to withdraw were American Venus Williams and Russian Elena Bovina.

Williams is suffering from a wrist injury which has sidelined her since Wimbledon, while Bovina has been injured for several months, but had hoped to use the Rogers Cup to make her comeback. Their place in the main draw will be filled by Slovakia's Daniela Hantuchova, France's Tatiana Golovin and Russian Vera Zvonareva. Despite the defections, the event will feature 40 of the top 44 women's players, including Justine Henin-Herdenne, Kim Clijsters, Maria Sharapova, Martina Hingis and Mary Pierce.

Harju.
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Bepa is on the list of Bali and Beijing too.
:angel:
Raking up those ranking points :drool:

slk45
Aug 10th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Good news! GO BEPA!! Take Montreal!! :bounce: :bounce:

goldenlox
Aug 10th, 2006, 02:35 PM
She did very well there in 2004

Epigone
Aug 10th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Hopefully Bepa can put in another good performance in Montreal :yeah:

nick_chicane
Aug 10th, 2006, 05:57 PM
That is so great to see her competing in those tournaments. I guess her wrist has healed quicker than she expected! :)

fufuqifuqishahah
Aug 10th, 2006, 06:13 PM
woooo VERA-Z

she'll be top 20 by the end of the year wo!

Epigone
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:59 AM
The Montreal draw is out and Bepa is missing from it :sobbing:

As of yet, no reason has been given for her withdrawal :shrug:

Her wrist must still be a problem :sad:

slk45
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:57 AM
MONTREAL (AP) -- Mary Pierce, Patty Schnyder and Vera Zvonareva withdrew from the women's Rogers Cup that begins play next week. No info in the story as to why.... :sad:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-rogerscup-women&prov=ap&type=lgns

Perhaps Vera's wrist isn't rehabilitated yet. :confused:

Hope you can make it to New Haven, Vera!! :hug:

pav
Aug 12th, 2006, 05:39 AM
:sad: This one sites wrist

Canadian Press

8/11/2006 7:24:52 PM

MONTREAL (CP) - They're deserting the women's Rogers Cup in droves.

Three more highly ranked players - France's Mary Pierce (groin), Switzerland's Patty Schnyder (foot) and Russia's Vera Zvonareva (wrist) - pulled out of the $1.34 million US Tier-1 event with injuries before the tournament draw on Friday.

rrfnpump
Aug 12th, 2006, 08:28 AM
oh no :sad: :(
this draw would have provided a nice chance for Vera to go far...

still, her being 100% at USO is much more important

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 12th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Vera :( :sad: :( :(
oh noooo :( she's ranked #32 after all last yrs Canadian Open pts are taken off so its gonna be touch and go if she gets seeded for US Open.

anyway, seeding isnt as important as Vera is in good form, and as long as she avoids the top 10 or so in 1st two rds' she'll do fine.

goldenlox
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:57 PM
She needs to get healthy.
There is no reason to play injured right before a major.
If Vera is healthy and gets a good draw, she might be playing in week 2 in NYC.
Get healthy, you have a long career in front of you

nick_chicane
Aug 12th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Oh, this is disappointing! :sad:

Im dreading that evil draw again! :sad:

rrfnpump
Aug 12th, 2006, 08:20 PM
as we have no Vera next week either I suggest watching the whole mixed match at Wimbledon which is now available in 9 parts on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohD1DALsjJM

pav
Aug 12th, 2006, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=TheBoiledEgg]Vera :( :sad: :( :(
oh noooo :( she's ranked #32 after all last yrs Canadian Open pts are taken off so its gonna be touch and go if she gets seeded for US Open.

I'm not very up on how the rankings system works, but I thought Bepa wouldn't lose points this year after withdrawing last year( I think),or does it carry over? :help:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=TheBoiledEgg]Vera :( :sad: :( :(

I'm not very up on how the rankings system works, but I thought Bepa wouldn't lose points this year after withdrawing last year( I think),or does it carry over? :help:

she isnt losing pts
but others who are playing in Montreal might overtake her with a win-some need 2 wins.

Nastya win tomorrow will really help as that will mean Zheng needing 2 wins along with Dechy, Krajicek to go past Vera.

pav
Aug 13th, 2006, 02:25 AM
[QUOTE=pav]

she isnt losing pts
but others who are playing in Montreal might overtake her with a win-some need 2 wins.

Nastya win tomorrow will really help as that will mean Zheng needing 2 wins along with Dechy, Krajicek to go past Vera.

OK I get it now,thanks

zvonareva14
Aug 14th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Dammit! This sucks Vera could have had a good tournament this week but yes I agree being 100% for the US Open is most important. :) Hope your wrist heals up real soon Vera!

slk45
Aug 14th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Because Zheng won in Stockholm, Vera now drops to #34.

The best Vera can get for next week is a #33 ranking. Dulko needs to reach the semis to maintain her position ahead of Vera. Gisela faces Hantuchova in the 1st R.

If Dechy or Krajicek can reach the 3rd R, they will overtake Vera. Dechy looks to have the best chance of doing that. Stosur apparently is not playing Montreal, so she is not a threat. The next 3 after Stosur will have to reach the SFs.

But Vera can still get a #32 seed if 1 or 2 other players in that top 32 do not show.

Hope your wrist will be healed and ready, Bepa!! :bounce: :bounce:

Bolero
Aug 14th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Bepa, take care of yourself and recuperate.
I hope you bounce back soon.

Daniel
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Get better soon Vera :hug:

slk45
Aug 16th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Vera will have a #33 rank for next week, unless Dechy beats Kirilenko. Or unless someone ranked below #38 makes a really big surge to the semis or better.

Make sure your wrist is 100%, Bepa!!

pav
Aug 16th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Vera will have a #33 rank for next week, unless Dechy beats Kirilenko. Or unless someone ranked below #38 makes a really big surge to the semis or better.

Make sure your wrist is 100%, Bepa!!

I bet it will be just our luck NatDech comes out and plays like a thrashing machine,a real world beater,with no consideration for her beloved sometimes doubles partner:(

pav
Aug 16th, 2006, 07:22 AM
as we have no Vera next week either I suggest watching the whole mixed match at Wimbledon which is now available in 9 parts on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohD1DALsjJM

I have been watching it and my fav. part is at 2-1 40-0 in the second set when Bepa returned a shot over a crouching andy and it went just long, she stood still for a second and then her hands both went to her hips in a classic Bepa teapot,then Andy came up and after a low handslap she became becalmed again(I've only watched it 47times ,honest!):D

rrfnpump
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I have been watching it and my fav. part is at 2-1 40-0 in the second set when Bepa returned a shot over a crouching andy and it went just long, she stood still for a second and then her hands both went to her hips in a classic Bepa teapot,then Andy came up and after a low handslap she became becalmed again(I've only watched it 47times ,honest!):D

yeah, that scene is funny :p
but it seemed like Vera also starts to becalming down quickly in singles :)

I also liked the scene where Bob and Vera kiss at the net :angel: Vera at first didnt want to, but Bob pulled her to him :)

pav
Aug 16th, 2006, 10:11 AM
yeah, that scene is funny :p
but it seemed like Vera also starts to becalming down quickly in singles :)

I also liked the scene where Bob and Vera kiss at the net :angel: Vera at first didnt want to, but Bob pulled her to him :)

It looked like Andy joked something like "Don't kiss my Doubles partner"

nick_chicane
Aug 17th, 2006, 03:47 PM

Im a big fan of Andy Ram now, hes a great influence on Vera! :worship: He knows what to say and do to calm her down. Maybe she should think about getting him to coach her! :lol:

pav
Aug 18th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Im a big fan of Andy Ram now, hes a great influence on Vera! :worship: He knows what to say and do to calm her down. Maybe she should think about getting him to coach her! :lol:

Yes, good idea Andy Ram for coach!

rrfnpump
Aug 18th, 2006, 06:56 PM
I dont see Vera in New Haven draw :sad: :sad:

slk45
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:46 PM
I dont see Vera in New Haven draw :sad: :sad:
Yeah, I called the tournament office this morning, and they told me she hadn't entered.

Maybe her wrist isn't ready yet... :confused:

or maybe nothing opened up.

Harju.
Aug 19th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Well, rest well and get ready for USO :armed:

Bepa needs someone to withdraw, so that she can be seeded #32 :scared:

goldenlox
Aug 19th, 2006, 04:10 PM
New Haven is a packed draw.
If Vera was healthy for Montreal, she could have done some damage this year

nick_chicane
Aug 19th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Well, rest well and get ready for USO :armed:

Bepa needs someone to withdraw, so that she can be seeded #32 :scared:

Clijsters has withdrawn from the US Open, so that is a seeding for Vera! :)

slk45
Aug 20th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Vera's at #34 (she was passed by Dechy), so she needs one more to drop out to get the seed. :bounce:

rrfnpump
Aug 20th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Vera is in the doubles draw :o :eek:
with Dechy they play 3rd seeded Black/Stubbs

so unlucky with all the draws in singles and doubles
and I am so convinced Vera would have won Montreal this week :(

nick_chicane
Aug 20th, 2006, 09:47 AM
That sucks that she can be in the doubles draw but not the singles! :sad:

Epigone
Aug 20th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Vera is in the doubles draw :o :eek:
with Dechy they play 3rd seeded Black/StubbsAnother great draw :rolleyes:
so unlucky with all the draws in singles and doubles
and I am so convinced Vera would have won Montreal this week :(Yeah, the tournament is wide open :(

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 20th, 2006, 03:19 PM
That sucks that she can be in the doubles draw but not the singles! :sad:

Vera was only ever a MDO for New Haven
she might and would have gotten the Gold/Silver WC if it hadnt been for late-late entries by Henin, Schynder and Petrova.

at least she's getting a hit this week :)
she's one out of seedings for US Open..... there's a few doubts on those above her.

KV
Aug 20th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Vera was only ever a MDO for New Haven
she might and would have gotten the Gold/Silver WC if it hadnt been for late-late entries by Henin, Schynder and Petrova.

at least she's getting a hit this week :)
she's one out of seedings for US Open..... there's a few doubts on those above her.It sucks Patty again. What has she done with her special treatment. Early exit in Strasbourg, early exit at Wimbly in 2004. You want women's tennis stronger in depth when Patty isn't on the list she isn't on the list. Patty doesn't sell tons of tickets worlwide. Women's tennis won't make a huge benefit! Hope she doesn't play the KC result wise she shouldn't be there.

nick_chicane
Aug 21st, 2006, 11:37 AM
Vera left me another reply on the Zvonareva.ru guestbook! :D

I asked her if her wrist was causing her problems still because she wasnt in the singles draw, this was before i knew she was in the doubles draw. She gave me this reply.

Nick: I just wasnt able to get wc last moment. But my wrist is better as of right now, hopefuly it will stay this way.

Harju.
Aug 21st, 2006, 03:20 PM
Good to know that Bepa's wrist is getting better. I really hope Bepa gets seeded at USO. Chance is pretty slim, though.

Udachi Bepa. Get the double trophy home :drool:

nick_chicane
Aug 21st, 2006, 03:24 PM
She only needs one more seed to pull out of the tournament and then she'll have a seeding!

It isnt quite a lost cause yet! :)

Harju.
Aug 21st, 2006, 03:36 PM
Top of my head.

Mary Pierce.
Venus Williams.

slk45
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:46 AM
Vera's 1R doubles match vs Black/Stubbs is NB 1pm Wednesday, on Court 2.

GO BEPA/NAT!! :bounce: :bounce:

Epigone
Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:08 AM
For what it's worth, here are the USO seedings

1. Amelie Mauresmo, France
2. Justine Henin-Hardenne, Belgium
3. Maria Sharapova, Russia
4. Elena Dementieva, Russia
5. Nadia Petrova, Russia
6. Svetlana Kuznetsova, Russia
7. Patty Schnyder, Switzerland
8. Martina Hingis, Switzerland
9. Nicole Vaidisova, Czech Republic
10. Lindsay Davenport, United States
11. Anastasia Myskina, Russia
12. Dinara Safina, Russia
13. Mary Pierce, France
14. Francesca Schiavone, Italy
15. Anna-Lena Groenefeld, Germany
16. Ana Ivanovic, Serbia
17. Daniela Hantuchova, Slovak Republic
18. Flavia Pennetta, Italy
19. Jelena Jankovic, Serbia
20. Maria Kirilenko, Russia
21. Shahar Peer, Israel
22. Katarina Srebotnik, Slovenia
23. Anna Chakvetadze, Russia
24. Na Li, China
25. Anabel Medina Garrigues, Spain
26. Marion Bartoli, France
27. Tatiana Golovin, France
28. Ai Sugiyama, Japan
29. Jie Zheng, China
30. Venus Williams, United States
31. Nathalie Dechy, France
32. Elena Likhovtseva, Russia

rrfnpump
Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:01 PM
Vera has a really good draw at the USO :D :D :D
draws 25th seeded Medina-Garrigues in first round :p

second round against Kanepi/Foretz and third against Pennetta
4th round could be against Hingis :)

Epigone
Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:08 PM
A nice draw for once! :banana:

Don't blow it! :p

rrfnpump
Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:09 PM
I read it wrong :o third round against Hingis :o
but still a good draw :p

Epigone
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:03 PM
Bepa and Nathalie aren't on the scoreboard against against Black and Stubbs :scratch:

It looks like they've been replaced by Woehr and Yakimova :unsure:

slk45
Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:34 PM
Bepa and Nathalie aren't on the scoreboard against against Black and Stubbs :scratch:

It looks like they've been replaced by Woehr and Yakimova :unsure:
I checked with the tournament office. Dechy withdrew from the match with a thigh strain, same injury she retired with from her singles match against Stosur.

:sad:

Epigone
Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:50 PM
I checked with the tournament office. Dechy withdrew from the match with a thigh strain, same injury she retired with from her singles match against Stosur.

:sad::sad:

Thanks for the info :yeah:

Now Bepa has a week to prepare for the USO. She has gotta be mentally prepared to go after Martina in the 3rd round

zvonareva14
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Agreed this could be a very good draw if Vera plays well and is ready to go from the get go.

nick_chicane
Aug 24th, 2006, 11:48 AM
That draw could still change! People have been known to pull out of the tournament as late as Saturday!

Having said that, even with the draw now, its still pretty good! Vera's had abit of luck this time! :)

She will certainly be more of a test for Hingis this time than she was at the Aussie Open! :)

Munich
Aug 24th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Pleased with Bepa's draw :)
Go and beat Hingis please Bepa :fiery: I can't stand her :mad:
Allez Bepa.You can do it :hug: :smooch:

goldenlox
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:22 PM
It's not a great draw, because Hingis is round 3.
But she can win the first 2. It woin't be easy