PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Epigone
Jun 27th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Those shorts are just horrible, arent they! lol

Get back to wearing skirts please Vera! :lol:What's wrong with her shorts? :shrug: :o

Bolero
Jun 27th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Good luck Vera! Hopefully you provide the first surprise of Wimbledon 2006.

pav
Jun 27th, 2006, 10:49 AM
What's wrong with her shorts? :shrug: :o

You can see by that pic that the shorts are just upsetting her.Kim and the shorts,it's a big ask :sad: (note I wrote ask, not :tape: ) Bepa can do the job on Kimmy still :)

rrfnpump
Jun 27th, 2006, 10:50 AM
I launched the new courtesan belted bepa at those bastards in another thread but they still have no faith:fiery:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/bigbep.jpg

"The new courtesan belted Bepa" :worship:
hopefully she can fulfill her new role today!

and about Bob :rolleyes:
I hope she keeps on partnering Andy Ram :)

slk45
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:18 PM
The clothing is repulsive :( ! Yet she still looks kind of sexy... :drool: . Anyways she would be a great model maybe a post tennis career? :pBut not with that photographer!!

A fine match so far, Bepa! You can do this!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Roll, baby, roll!! :drive: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

C'monnnnnnn Bepa! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

goldenlox
Jun 27th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Kim Clijsters, second seed for the women's title ahead of her Belgian compatriot, Justine Henin-Hardenne, the newly crowned French Open champion (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/exit.jhtml;jsessionid=VK2GAHTWLGUKDQFIQMFCFFWAVCBQ YIV0?exit=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/sport/2006/06/12/stwome12.xml), was considered most vulnerable to an opening day-shock as she was drawn against Russia's Vera Zvonereva, who won the recent DFS Classic in Birmingham.

Clijsters knew in what little play was possible on Court No 1 that she could not take any liberties as she battled with her unseeded opponent to the point where she was about to serve for the first set when the rain set in.

The popular Clijsters, who broke her grand slam duck by winning last year's US Open, is making her seventh appearance here and is yet to go beyond the semi-finals. The nearest she came to stepping out on the second Saturday was when she led Venus Williams by a set and a break three years ago, but was eventually overpowered.

Clijsters, who briefly regained the world No 1 ranking earlier this year by winning in Warsaw, will resume this afternoon, weather permitting, after Tim Henman has played Robin Soderling, a match which was due to follow hers on court yesterday.

Zvonareva, ranked 44 in the world, has twice reached the fourth round here and looked determined to pull off the first shock of the fortnight but Clijsters, on the evidence of the 33 minutes' play possible, was in no mood to let her.

The Russian was break point down in her first two service games and the pressure told in the fifth game of the match as Clijsters took the initiative with a clever lob setting up the chance for the first break.

Epigone
Jun 27th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Bepa broke, then blew a GP for 6-5 and was broken, then blew BPx5 (including 3 straight) to lose the first set 5-7 :sobbing:

nick_chicane
Jun 27th, 2006, 03:53 PM
That is a shocking end to the first set, Vera did all the hard work to get back to 5-5 and then threw her chance away! Rubbish! :(

saki
Jun 27th, 2006, 03:55 PM
She was very close - but she got a shockingly bad call overrule at a very crucial moment in the last game of the 1st set. If it hadn't been for that, she might well have taken it to a tiebreak :(

Foot's Fingers
Jun 27th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Vera :bigcry:

so many wasted chances :hug:

Fight and win in 3

Epigone
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Kim d. Bepa 7-5 6-3 :bigcry:

After throwing away the 1st set, it was all downhill :sobbing:. However, she did save MPx2 and break Kim, and then saved another MP on her serve, but blew a GP for 4-5* and was broken for the match :sad:

nick_chicane
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:30 PM
BREAK POINT CONVERSIONS 3 / 12

That speaks for itself! If you dont take your chances against the top players, you lose. SIMPLE.

Kim converted 6/10 and that is why shes come through fairly comfortably even though Vera played pretty well.

Though, Vera's temper was there for everyone to see again. Letting line calls annoy her that have been like 6 games ago. Its rediculous.

Vera had a very good chance of winning today, she played well enough to, but she didnt take her chances and ended up getting too wound up with calls that she was in no fit state to challenge Kim onces she had the break in the 2nd.

Its desperately annoying and so very painful to watch! :sad: You just wanna grab hold of her, shake her and say "GROW UP GIRL" :fiery:

rrfnpump
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:32 PM
so many chances wasted ....
GPs and BPs :( she had some in every game almost

Vera :sobbing: :sad:
so damn unlucky with draws; she would have beaten so many players
oh well, now doubles and mixed

zvonareva14
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:39 PM
ESPN FAILED TO SHOW ANY OF THIS MATCH AGAIN SO BIG MIDDLE FINGER TO THEM :fiery: ! I did follow the online scores though and Vera could have easily won by the same score Kim did except she mentally can not keep it together and threw away a million chances! Still not a bad match for Vera it could have been a lot worse but now Wimbledon feels so empty.... :sad: :bigcry: :hysteric: :crying2: Well there's still doubles

Harju.
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Bepa :bigcry:. Her draw @ GS is simply :banghead:. Could have easily reached R3 or R4 with a decent draw. If she gets another top player in the US, she should beatdown all the drawing comitees. Afterall, she's a wrestling champ :tape: :lol:.

Bad luck, Bepa :hug:. Win the double :aparty:

slk45
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:20 PM
BEPA!!! :hug: :hysteric: :sobbing: :bigcry: :bigcry:

ESPN FAILED TO SHOW ANY OF THIS MATCH AGAIN SO BIG MIDDLE FINGER TO THEM :fiery: ! For sure!! ESPN is unbelievable! During the final game of Vera's match, and after Agassi's win, Fowler and Gilbert were sitting there prattling on about the World Cup. About 10 or 15 minutes later, they decided to show the match point.

Yesterday, in the first hour they showed Federer/Gasquet, which had no promise of a challenge whatever, and they completely ignored Kim/Vera. During 8 hours of rain delay, no one at ESPN had enough of a brain to think to show that 1st set. Instead they showed Wimbledon matches of the last couple years! :mad: ESPN is always claiming they have 120 hours of "coverage," but it is a lie.

She was very close - but she got a shockingly bad call overrule at a very crucial moment in the last game of the 1st set. If it hadn't been for that, she might well have taken it to a tiebreak :(It's easy for us to say Vera should not let bad calls affect her game, but it seems that call cost her the set. Not that easy to just forget about it. Especially someone with Vera's temperament. :) But certainly I agree it would be better for her if she could.

GOOD LUCK IN DOUBLES, BEPA!! :bounce:

saki
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:28 PM
BEPA!!! :hug: :hysteric: :sobbing: :bigcry: :bigcry:

It's easy for us to say Vera should not let bad calls affect her game, but it seems that call cost her the set. Not that easy to just forget about it. Especially someone with Vera's temperament. :) But certainly I agree it would be better for her if she could.

I didn't mean to imply that at all. Actually, I thought she handled the bad calls reasonably well. I think she's starting to be a bit more like Myskina - she'll throw her racket and shout at herelf or whatever, but it doesn't affect her on court so much. The big racket throwing that she did she followed up with two service winners. So, I think that's pretty positive for her. Another positive is that her returns were sooo good. There were quite a few serves that I think most players would not have been able to return that she got back.

nick_chicane
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:54 PM
It's easy for us to say Vera should not let bad calls affect her game, but it seems that call cost her the set. Not that easy to just forget about it. Especially someone with Vera's temperament. :) But certainly I agree it would be better for her if she could.

These are professional tennis players though, they should be able to handle bad calls! Your always gonna get bad calls, its a fact of life, no human is perfect that they'll never make a mistake!

Vera should be able to handle that, but she cant, and thats just another reason why she lost today. If she'd only won that 1st set, i reckon it might have really hurt Kim! :mad:

KV
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Match could have been completely different. At least Vera showed she could challenge Kim. With a little more luck on Vera's side who knows what would happened. Nevertheless pleased the way Vera performed vs. Kim, obviously one can't be pleased with the scoreline. On BP's Vera had the edge.

nick_chicane
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Bepa :bigcry:. Her draw @ GS is simply :banghead:. Could have easily reached R3 or R4 with a decent draw. If she gets another top player in the US, she should beatdown all the drawing comitees. Afterall, she's a wrestling champ :tape: :lol:.

Yes, her draws have really sucked, it wouldnt surprise me if she drew Federer at the US Open! :lol:

Infact, im going down the bookies right now to see what the odds are! :lol:

zvonareva14
Jun 27th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Slk45 those were my thoughts exactly!! The world cup nonsense was just a time filler that stupid agassi match was not even close, and they had hours and hours to show the Vera match AS IT WAS ON COURT 1 :mad: !!!! I loved how they were like "and kim won just moments ago..."" like 15 minutes after the fact my god screw espn what is america coming to where they would rather see federer instead of vera! Btw those commentators can't even pronounce half of the players names and they ramble on about anything but tennis!

zvonareva14
Jun 27th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Hopefully by the time the US Open rools around Vera will be inside the top 32. Vera has been playing very well lately she just needs to learn to control her temper (as usual) and capitalize on oppurtunities. (maybe by slowing down thinking things through a little more) I really am feeling a great hard court season in the US for Vera maybe like her 2004 over here. :D Another plus is she has absolutly no points to defend because she was injured most of the US summer portion of the tour, so any matches she wins can only help her ranking! Looking forward to a great summer vera and an even greater US Open!! :) :bounce: :D

pav
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:07 PM
watched high lights of both days,(they jumped from end of day one to 2 3 in the 2nd.) playing and serving well at times, main worries right now are BP conversions,and those bloody shorts which couldn't have helped:tape: drop the shorts I say

zvonareva14
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I don't see what is so wrong with those shorts vera has the legs and behind to pull them off... :lick:

slk45
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:18 AM
I didn't mean to imply that at all. Actually, I thought she handled the bad calls reasonably well. Saki, I wasn't directing my comment at your comment. I just used your comment to highlight that it wasn't simply a bad call, but "a shockingly bad call overrule at a very crucial moment in the last game of the 1st set."

A lot of us will criticize Vera for not recovering from a bad call, as Nick just confirmed :) , but some bad calls are far worse than others. I agree it would be much better if she could just let it go, but she's not alone. Everyone from Capriati to the Williamses have had an occasion where they just lose it over what they consider an outrageous call. Similarly on the men's side as well. (And I'm not even going to mention JohnnyMac.) And, I know, Vera's had too many occasions. But it's hard to change old habits.

drop the shorts I sayI don't see what is so wrong with those shorts vera has the legs and behind to pull them off... :lick:Umm, I think you need to choose your words a little more carefully. :o

PS- I don't mind the shorts.

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Even npw after reading some reportssaying Vera was playing well i feel depressed with Vera's unlucky

Main task for next monthes : to be seeded at least number 32 on US open ( but we will have unseeded Serena as well )

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:10 PM
=

Q. That was potentially a very difficult first round. You must be pleased the way you dealt with it.

KIM CLIJSTERS: Yeah, I mean, she's a good player. I think because of injuries, I think she's dropped back to where she is. I knew that I had to play a good match, and I had to be ready for it to play and to to play well and to win today. That was very important. I think playing her last week in Eastbourne, those three games we played there, it was very hard to tell how good she was playing because she wasn't really moving well. I think today and yesterday she was she surprised me a lot I think with the way she was moving. She defended really well. Yeah, I mean, I think in a short time she'll be back to where she used to be. I think she's a good player.

:bigcry: on wasted chances

rrfnpump
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Kim thinks too much :o :tape:

but good to see she believes Vera can be back to where she was
more important is Vera also believes in that!

and I agree, Top32 seeding at USO is needed

Epigone
Jun 28th, 2006, 03:02 PM
but good to see she believes Vera can be back to where she was
more important is Vera also believes in that!It's a really good sign :)

What's more, I think that Kim acknowledging Bepa's defensive skills is significant because people rate Kim very highly as a defender
and I agree, Top32 seeding at USO is neededThings will become a lot more clear after Wimbledon, but I think a top 32 spot is really achievable because she has so few points to defend and her game is starting to look pretty good :dance:

goldenlox
Jun 28th, 2006, 03:09 PM
If Kim could beat Justine, she would have at least 4 majors by now.
That was a tough draw for anyone.
Vera is getting there, like Nastya.

Sweep
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Vera's played well recently, winning her title at Birmingham...it's incredibly unlucky that she gets an unbelievably difficult draw.

She'll definitely bounce back.

rrfnpump
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Vera playing mixed with Andy again :D ;)
tough draw, but I am confident

Andy Ram ISR (9)
Vera Zvonareva RUS (9)
v.
Bye
Bye

Jaroslav Levinsky CZE
Anna Chakvetadze RUS
v.
Chris Haggard RSA
Eleni Daniilidou GRE

Justin Gimelstob USA
Meghann Shaughnessy USA
v.
Marcin Matkowski POL
Marta Domachowska POL

Bye
Bye
v.
Mark Knowles BAH (8)
Martina Navratilova USA (8)

bigger mixed draw than usually :p

Harju.
Jun 28th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Bepa/Rum :drink: Loves the pair. Granny in her quater :devil:

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2006, 07:44 PM
ok.... i agree... it was great grass season

title

and 2 loss to Kim (one by retirement)

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2006, 07:48 PM
and need god run with Husarova as well

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2006, 07:50 PM
and good draw in mixed

nick_chicane
Jun 28th, 2006, 09:40 PM
To be honest, i just wanna get Wimbledon out the way now so we can concentrate on getting Vera's ranking back up!

I dont want this tough draw again when we get to the US Open so Vera's gotta start playing quite a few tournaments in the time from now till then.

Shes clearly playing well enough to win some matches now so i just wanna get on with that! :)

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 08:40 AM
So doubles start already

Court 19 12.00 noon Start

1 Gentlemen's Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Travis Parrott (USA)/
Vincent Spadea (USA)
vs Michael Kohlmann (GER)/
Rainer Schuettler (GER)

2 Gentlemen's Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Stephen Huss (AUS)[9]/
Wesley Moodie (RSA)[9]
vs Marcos Daniel (BRA)/
Fernando Vicente (ESP)

3 Ladies' Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Maret Ani (EST)/
Meilen Tu (USA)
vs Nathalie Dechy (FRA)[16]/
Gisela Dulko (ARG)[16]

4 Ladies' Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Jill Craybas (USA)/
Jelena Kostanic (CRO)
vs Janette Husarova (SVK)/
Vera Zvonareva (RUS)

Good Luck!!!

azmad_88
Jun 29th, 2006, 08:44 AM
all the best in doubles vera!

Epigone
Jun 29th, 2006, 10:57 AM
The mixed draw is huge :eek:

Doubles matches start today? Just great :(

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:47 PM
The mixed draw is huge :eek:

Doubles matches start today? Just great :(

What you mean huge? :confused: too difiicult? or size?

if size - it's usual for Wim, 2-3 years ago they have had the same as doubles

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Epigone,

nice avator esp after Cheburashka to Sheva :)

Epigone
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:57 PM
What you mean huge? :confused: too difiicult? or size?

if size - it's usual for Wim, 2-3 years ago they have had the same as doublesI meant size because there seem to be a lot of teams. At least they will start with a bye :)
nice avator esp after Cheburashka to Sheva :)I will probably change back to Cheburashka at some point in the future, but I have to give my support to Sheva right now :angel:

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I meant size because there seem to be a lot of teams. At least they will start with a bye :)
I will probably change back to Cheburashka at some point in the future, but I have to give my support to Sheva right now :angel:

i have his autograph :) :)

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Vera/Janette won first set easly 6-1

Epigone
Jun 29th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Bepa/Janette d. Craybas/Kostanic 6-1 6-2 :bigclap: :dance: :yippee:

Foot's Fingers
Jun 29th, 2006, 07:54 PM
so 61 62

easy win

even late start don't bother Vera/Janette

Good they finished before mtaches starts suspended

and great start in doubles!!!

zvonareva14
Jun 29th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Yes very nice win and I hope they do very well but I agree with Andrewbroad I am very excited for Vera's summer hardcourt season b/c i feel she can do very well and have a good seed for the US Open.

rrfnpump
Jun 30th, 2006, 06:13 AM
very impressive :yippee:
but now against Yan/Zheng....

go Vera/Janette :D

azmad_88
Jun 30th, 2006, 06:20 AM
good start vera/jannate

slk45
Jul 1st, 2006, 06:11 AM
Good luck in doubles, Vera!!

GO BEPA/JANETTE! :bounce: :bounce:

Epigone
Jul 1st, 2006, 09:32 AM
OOP for Saturday
Court 9 11.00 am Start
1 Girls' Singles - 1st Rnd.
Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK)[6]vs Amina Rakhim (KAZ)

12.30 pm
2 Ladies' Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Janette Husarova (SVK)/
Vera Zvonareva (RUS)
vs
Zi Yan (CHN)[4]/
Jie Zheng (CHN)[4]

Foot's Fingers
Jul 1st, 2006, 11:53 AM
girls are 2 breaks down :help:

Epigone
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:10 PM
Yan/Zheng d. Bepa/Janette 6-0 7-6(4) :bigcry::crying2: :sobbing:

Bepa/Janette led 4-1* in the 2nd :sad:

rrfnpump
Jul 1st, 2006, 01:11 PM
they should really have won that second set... :(
first set doesnt need a comment

ok, only mixed left... against Daniilidou/Haggard

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2006, 03:57 PM
Vera is starting to play better. She has to use this summer to
become the player she used to be, like Myskina is doing

Foot's Fingers
Jul 1st, 2006, 06:39 PM
Vera/Janette :bigcry:

i was going to nsmash my comp when thry have losr serve in second set :fiery:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 1st, 2006, 06:41 PM
imagine if they culd take another place in a draw :sad:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 2nd, 2006, 03:02 PM
Court 5 12.00 noon Start

4 Mixed Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Andy Ram (ISR)[9]/
Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[9]
vs Chris Haggard (RSA)/
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE)

Good luck

zvonareva14
Jul 2nd, 2006, 06:03 PM
Haha wrong Vera there Foot's fingers... :p

rrfnpump
Jul 2nd, 2006, 06:07 PM
Zhenya, Zhenya :hug:

Vera D is the bad/crappy one :p you should know :)
no crappy stuff in here please

anyway, the good Vera plays the 4th match on this court..
Daniilidou is a good doubles and grass player, but they should win it

oh and Bob must not win the mixed title !! :mad:
I hope Venus withdraws and leaves him alone after her loss

slk45
Jul 2nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Hang in there, Bepa! :hug:

Good luck in mixed doubles, Vera!!

GO ANDY/BEPA! :bounce: :bounce:

pav
Jul 3rd, 2006, 08:01 AM
oh and Bob must not win the mixed title !! :mad:
I hope Venus withdraws and leaves him alone after her loss[/QUOTE]

That Bob left Bepa as a doubles team of one
now for our Bepa that just wasn't much fun :sad:
bad bob he told Bepa " I don't want you"
that left young Bepa in a bit of a stew :mad:
it meant nothing to Bob that they'd won a slam
but she shook it off and teamed up with Andy Ram :angel:
for bumper Bob as punishment for being so fickle
I hope his campaign with Venus ends up in a pickle :drool:
be good as you said if he's left on the shelf
then the bugger will just have to play with himself :eek:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 08:58 AM
:tape:

plaaaaaaah

:speakles: :timebomb:

i am stupied

so smaller

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
first set won 64

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:12 PM
but seond set is lost 2-6 :retard:

Need to win final one

Epigone
Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:38 PM
Bepa/Andy d. Haggard/Daniilidou 6-4 2-6 6-4 :banana: :yippee: :clap2:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:52 PM
:woohoo:

still alive in mixed doubles ;)

rrfnpump
Jul 4th, 2006, 07:32 AM
phew, that was close :o ;)
Vera got broken too often :p

Epigone
Jul 5th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Bepa/Andy face (8) Knowles/Navratilova in the 5th match on Court 2

Hopefully Bepa will have better luck holding serve in this match :tape:

pav
Jul 5th, 2006, 09:58 AM
I didn't see any stats or have the intelligence to work it out from the scoreboard, did Bepa get broken more times than a recidivist born again virgin:confused: :sad:

Stupid cockroaches shouldn't have dropped Brent Kite :fiery:
I almost hope Queensland win(almost)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 5th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Good Luck Vera today

Time to finish Grnad Ma Wimb campaign

rrfnpump
Jul 5th, 2006, 12:09 PM
I didn't see any stats or have the intelligence to work it out from the scoreboard, did Bepa get broken more times than a recidivist born again virgin:confused: :sad:

just a wild guess from Martin and me following the scores
there was always someone in the Bepa/Ram team who held easily (with one excemption) and one who always struggled and got broken 3 or 4 times :p

Third set must have been like that (in my opinion)
0-1 Haggard holds
1-1 Andy holds
2-1 Daniilidou broken
2-2 Bepa broken
2-3 Haggard holds
3-3 Andy holds
4-3 Daniilidou broken
5-3 Bepa holds :eek: but what a struggle :o
5-4 Haggard holds
6-4 Andy serves out the match

and I agree with Zhenya....
please sent the granny back into the residential establishment

pav
Jul 5th, 2006, 12:44 PM
just a wild guess from Martin and me following the scores
there was always someone in the Bepa/Ram team who held easily (with one excemption) and one who always struggled and got broken 3 or 4 times :p

Third set must have been like that (in my opinion)
0-1 Haggard holds
1-1 Andy holds
2-1 Daniilidou broken
2-2 Bepa broken
2-3 Haggard holds
3-3 Andy holds
4-3 Daniilidou broken
5-3 Bepa holds :eek: but what a struggle :o
5-4 Haggard holds
6-4 Andy serves out the match

and I agree with Zhenya....
please sent the granny back into the residential establishment

Thanks,Yes get rid of the geriactric old wedgy shorts,must be raining in sunny england

slk45
Jul 5th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Good luck in mixed today, Bepa! I am waiting for Cincinnati!!! :D

GO BEPA/ANDY!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

zvonareva14
Jul 6th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Yes Cinci could be a great tournament for vera this year! :) And best of luck in mixed Vera! Nestor should be completly blown out after the his longest doubles match in history! 23-21 in the fifth i believe....and u know Martina will not have the energy for two! :rolleyes: :lol:

Pata
Jul 6th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Yesterday Vera has written in guestbook :bounce: http://www.zvonareva.ru/guestbook/en/

Foot's Fingers
Jul 6th, 2006, 12:04 PM
So match is rescheduled for today

Good Luck

Epigone
Jul 6th, 2006, 01:02 PM
So match is rescheduled for today

Good LuckWhy didn't they put her match on 2nd? :rolleyes:

I'm sick of waiting! :(

Foot's Fingers
Jul 6th, 2006, 01:05 PM
So Martina lost easly in FS of doubles

Vera has a HUGE chance to be last woman who beat Navratilova on Wimbledon :rocker2:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 6th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Why didn't they put her match on 2nd? :rolleyes:

I'm sick of waiting! :(

you mean on second court? But she will play on second

Epigone
Jul 6th, 2006, 01:14 PM
you mean on second court? But she will play on secondShe is the next match up, which will be the 3rd match on Court 2

I wish she could be playing now :crying2:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 6th, 2006, 01:35 PM
australShe is the next match up, which will be the 3rd match on Court 2

I wish she could be playing now :crying2:

it's cos of Navry match... she need to rest

more frustarting is that as QF will be plaied today as well , and Cermak /Groenefeld are already resting for it as Lisa/Jonas withdrew :fiery:

at least alg still playing doubles ./.. just saw it

Epigone
Jul 6th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Bepa/Andy d. Knowles/Navratilova 7-5 6-1 on MP#3 :bigclap: :banana: :bowdown:

They trailed in the 1st set until breaking at 4-5* and then didn't look back :D

rrfnpump
Jul 6th, 2006, 03:31 PM
yay :banana:
next up Grönefeld/Cermak (GER/CZE)

go Vera/Andy :)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 6th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Congrats!!! :banana:

Good fight in first set and good win in 2 sets

More energy saved for next match

Foot's Fingers
Jul 6th, 2006, 03:32 PM
TBA

1 Mixed Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Frantisek Cermak (CZE)[16]/
Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER)[16]
vs Andy Ram (ISR)[9]/
Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[9]

Fisrt match on a waiting line

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2006, 03:34 PM
So Vera can win a Wimbledon title

slk45
Jul 6th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Yay, Vera/Andy!!! :bigclap: :bigclap:
Take it all the way! :yippee: :yippee:

C'mon Stosur/Paes!! Take out Venus & Bob!!! :devil:

GO BEPA/ANDY!! :bounce: :bounce:

Harju.
Jul 6th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Congrats Bepa/Rum :banana:. Take that granny :lol:

A great chance to reach SF :D Good luck :hug:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:07 PM
and they are in SF :woohoo:

beating Frantisek and ALG with 63 64 score :)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Match Summary

Cermak (CZE)/
Groenefeld (GER) Ram (ISR)/
Zvonareva (RUS)

1st Serve % 32 of 50 = 64 % 28 of 51 = 55 %

Aces 5 3

Double Faults 2 2

Unforced Errors 7 1

Winning % on 1st Serve 23 of 32 = 72 % 24 of 28 = 86 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 10 of 18 = 56 % 16 of 23 = 70 %

Winners (Including Service) 21 16

Receiving Points Won 11 of 51 = 22 % 17 of 50 = 34 %

Break Point Conversions 0 of 0 = 0 % 2 of 7 = 29 %

Net Approaches 19 of 33 = 58 % 21 of 32 = 66 %

Total Points Won 44 57

Fastest Serve 125 MPH 131 MPH

Average 1st Serve Speed 105 MPH 106 MPH

Average 2nd Serve Speed 102 MPH 81 MPH

less winers , but just 1 (one) ue :eek:

slk45
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Great job, 2 wins today, Bepa & Andy!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

NBC did show the final game against Martina N. Tnx to Mauresmo for taking a bathroom break. :yeah: Bepa served for the win, and concluded it with an ace!

DO IT AGAIN, BEPA/ANDY!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 6th, 2006, 07:54 PM
i need huge win by Vera/ Andy

zvonareva14
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Wow two great! :D All four of those players they played against were great doubles players (1 of which is a has been :angel: ) Now into the semis where they will play either the Blacks or Srebotnik and Zimonjic definetly winnable either way! :bounce:

paranoia0809
Jul 6th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Perfect job Vera! Very nice to see you in semis :kiss:

Epigone
Jul 6th, 2006, 11:48 PM
I don't wanna jinx them, so I'm gonna be :tape:

rrfnpump
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:16 AM
all I am saying is :yippee:

I didnt even notice they were playing yesterday a second time :o

Foot's Fingers
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:59 AM
and SF will be plaied today

hope so

Nenad could be tired :devil:

pav
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:13 AM
I taped the tennis when I went to bed,and skimming thru this morning was shocked they showed half of 2nd set of first match.Bepa serving well in the 2 games they showed,and was getting praise from the female commentator,also on wimble website. I didn't know they had played twice untilI read Foot's Fingers post. Hope they can keep up the good work, they are flying under the radar in GM, most are in an orgasmistic lather over traitor Bob and Venus.

Meteor Shower
Jul 7th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Vera is playing well. :) Andy is more dominant but Vera plays good points too, she is not a weak link at all in this team.

Foot's Fingers
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Navratilova Era Ends in Mixed Defeat

©Professional Sport / B. Mackness

Thursday, 6 July, 2006

Nine-time singles champioon Martina Navratilova has played her last match at Wimbledon, after being defeated in the third round of the mixed doubles with Mark Knowles, by ninth seeds Vera Zvonareva and Andy Ram, 7-5, 6-1.

Knowles could be forgiven for being a little tired on court after his history-making six hour epic doubles match yesterday with Daniel Nestor. For her part Navratilova - who has won a total of 20 titles at Wimbledon in all events - came out looking fired-up and focused, after her defeat earlier in the day in the ladies’ doubles quarters. The 49-year-old and Knowles worked an immediate break of serve and took a 5-3 lead, but they let chances slip and from there after, struggled to reassert themselves in the match.

On the other side of the net, Zvonareva and Ram were on fire. Ram played great intercept shots at the net, both low over the net and cutting off the lob attempt.

Zvonareva’s lob was a deadly weapon, which she used frequently. Her forehand was in delicious form, winning her team many points, driving down the line and across court, both powerfully and delicately, and always precisely directed.

The second set saw an immediate break of the Knowles serve as the Israeli-Russian duo raced to a 3-0 lead. But the eighth seeds had wilted by this stage as Zvonareva and Ram raced all over the court. The support of her fans wasn’t enough to lift Martina into an comeback and after winning only one game in the second set, the last match of Navratilova illustrious career at Wimbledon came to a rather sudden conclusion.

i just like bold comments :inlove:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:09 PM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2953/veraandy4ia.jpg

Vera Zvonareva and Andy Ram pretend to examine a ball while discussing what to do with it on their next point as they defeat Martina Navratilova and Mark Knowles in the third round of the mixed doubles.

Epigone
Jul 7th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Bepa and Andy will face Wayne and Cara Black in the SF, which has been postponed until tomorrow :(

Bob and Venus wait for them in the final :devil:

Epigone
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Bepa and Andy will play their SF match at 2pm on Court 1, then I guess they'll have to wait until after the Bryan brothers have played the men's final and Bob has rested before playing the final :angel:

nick_chicane
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:39 AM
I did get to watch the match Vera and Andy played against the granny and her partner and Vera was in superb form! She pulled off some amazing shots! It was a joy to watch!

I just hope that she can bring those shots to her singles game.

Epigone
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Bepa/Andy d. Black/Black 6-3 7-6(5) to move into the mixed doubles final :dance:

They were up 6-2* in the TB :o, but managed not to throw it away :angel:

Now it's time to punish Bob :devil:

rrfnpump
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:54 PM
yay, that is so cool :cool:
they only got broken once, but almost at 5-6 in second set
now win your second mixed title, Vera :D

Bob musnt win :fiery:

goldenlox
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:08 PM
This final is on tv in the US, against Venus

Foot's Fingers
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Vera in a final :woohoo:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Match Summary

Ram (ISR)/
Zvonareva (RUS) Black (ZIM)/
Black (ZIM)

1st Serve % 52 of 75 = 69 % 58 of 88 = 66 %

Aces 1 4

Double Faults 0 3

Unforced Errors 9 14

Winning % on 1st Serve 35 of 52 = 67 % 36 of 58 = 62 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 16 of 23 = 70 % 15 of 30 = 50 %

Winners (Including Service) 26 32

Receiving Points Won 37 of 88 = 42 % 24 of 75 = 32 %

Break Point Conversions 2 of 4 = 50 % 1 of 6 = 17 %

Net Approaches 41 of 70 = 59 % 50 of 90 = 56 %

Total Points Won 88 75

Fastest Serve 122 MPH 116 MPH

Average 1st Serve Speed 102 MPH 98 MPH

Average 2nd Serve Speed 80 MPH 80 MPH

Foot's Fingers
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:16 PM
hope long match for Bob in doubles

he must be tired

GO VERA/ANDY!!!

Time to make Bob crying on Mikes shoulder thinking abt how good girl he gave up

Harju.
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Caro and Momo won and Bepa in the final. Great day for me so far :banana:

Get the damn title, Bepa and shove it to Bob's ass :tape:

nick_chicane
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Yep, would be great to see them beat Bob, that would be so funny! :lol:

nick_chicane
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Just a quick message guys, Vera seems to have posted a few times in the zvonareva.ru guestbook. Its mainly all in Russian so impossible to tell what shes saying for my anyway! lol........Her posts are under Vera (on the road). Of course, it might not be her but it certainly looks like it.

http://www.zvonareva.ru/guestbook/en/index.php

Harju.
Jul 8th, 2006, 06:00 PM
The mixed will start in 40 mins time. Good luck Bepa :wavey:

slk45
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:16 PM
This final is on tv in the US, against Venus
Where??? :help: I can't find it! :shout:

Bepa/Andy up a set and a break!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
GO BEPA/ANDY!! :bounce: :bounce:

slk45
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:35 PM
BEPA/ANDY 6-3, 6-2!! As I said elsewhere,
YES!!! TAKE THAT, BOB!!! :smash: :bounce: :bounce:

Another Mixed title for Bepa!!
Thanks, Andy, for being on the team!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Meteor Shower
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Its funny how they broke Bob twice in the second set :lol: :lol:

Vera played so well. Some shots were just wow :eek: and her ability to read the position on court is so well, she didn't even look and she hit exactly to where the gap was open :yeah: :)

deep bass
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:51 PM
She was in the zone tonight. Excellent play! I'm still buzzing over it.

rrfnpump
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Thats such a nice win :D :)
now Vera will like to remember this Wimbledon !!!
congrats to Andy also who perfectly carried this team.

beating Bob is very satisfying, dont you think :devil:
I hope Vera and Andy continue playing together... it seems to work nicely

I couldnt watch the match, so I hope that her website delivers again :p

Epigone
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I got a database error after the first game :fiery: x 10000000000000000000, so I couldn't celebrate here :sobbing:

A 6-3 6-2 scoreline is something that even I didn't expect :angel:. What a beatdown :worship:

It's :banana: that Bepa came away from the tournament with a title after her horrible singles draw

Epigone
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:31 PM
I was gonna post this earlier:
Just a quick message guys, Vera seems to have posted a few times in the zvonareva.ru guestbook. Its mainly all in Russian so impossible to tell what shes saying for my anyway! lol........Her posts are under Vera (on the road). Of course, it might not be her but it certainly looks like it.

http://www.zvonareva.ru/guestbook/en/index.phpThe administrators suggested that there be a separate section where Bepa can keep a diary and answer questions if she wants, but that it's up to her to decide if she'd like it.

Look at the message that someone left:
Вера, поздравляю с выходом в финал в миксте. Удачи в финале.
Наверно, Марату Сафину надо выступать в миксте со своей сестрой Динарой. Тогда может быть его ракетки не будут летать по корту. Во всяком случае, Динара не даст это сделать. Согласно статистике в прошлом году Марату по количеству сломанных ракеток за год не было равных.:haha:

Удачи в финале :hug: <- I guess this isn't needed now :yippee:

KV
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Since been watching her mixed doubles match vs. Navratilova knew she could win the mixed doubles. :) Congrats. great farewell to the grass for this year :)
Had an excellent run on grass only was unlucky with draw vs. Kim and deserved better result.

slk45
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Look at the message that someone left:
:haha:Could you translate that? Babelfish is hopeless on it. :confused:
Thanks.

Foot's Fingers
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:55 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm Vera :) ;) :banana: :woohoo:

:) ;) :banana: :woohoo: :) ;) :banana: :woohoo: :) ;) :banana: :woohoo: :) ;) :banana: :woohoo: :) ;) :banana: :woohoo:

Delicious!!!!

Foot's Fingers
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Match Summary

Ram (ISR)/
Zvonareva (RUS) Bryan (USA)/
Williams (USA)

1st Serve % 40 of 55 = 73 % 31 of 46 = 67 %

Aces 3 5

Double Faults 1 2

Unforced Errors 11 9

Winning % on 1st Serve 29 of 40 = 73 % 21 of 31 = 68 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 10 of 15 = 67 % 6 of 15 = 40 %

Winners (Including Service) 32 19

Receiving Points Won 19 of 46 = 41 % 16 of 55 = 29 %

Break Point Conversions 3 of 4 = 75 % 0 of 3 = 0 %

Net Approaches 31 of 47 = 66 % 17 of 41 = 41 %

Total Points Won 58 43

Fastest Serve 127 MPH 127 MPH

Average 1st Serve Speed 103 MPH 109 MPH

Average 2nd Serve Speed 84 MPH 97 MPH

Foot's Fingers
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:00 PM
And Bob :ras:

Now he knows who is a mixed quian of Wimbledon 2006 :devil:

and thnks Andy :)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Could you translate that? Babelfish is hopeless on it. :confused:
Thanks.

all that have connection with Vera is first sentance:

"Vera, congrats with mixed doubles final Good Luck in final"

The the poster is taliking abt possibility that Dinara and Marat Safiny to play together in mixed And abtmarat's activity to break rackets :confused:

nick_chicane
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:06 PM
That really was a very impressive display by Vera! That is the best ive seen her play in a good 2 years! Even the commentators were blown away by her shots and her defence! They were both amazed that she was ranked as lowly as she is! It really was sensational tennis at times! :)

Hopefully, this is the springboard Vera needs to get back up those rankings. If she doesnt have confidence now, she never will! Great to get one over on Bob as well! :lol:

2 TIME GRAND SLAM WINNER, sounds nice! :worship:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:08 PM
it's not gonna be better then to beat bob ina final :lol:

Epigone
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Zvonareva/Ram Claim Mixed Crown
Showing breathtaking style and sparkling shot selection, ninth seeds Andy Ram and Vera Zvonareva captured their first ever mixed doubles Grand Slam title with a stunning straight sets victory over American duo Bob Bryan and Venus Williams.

Bryan – who earlier triumphed in the men’s doubles with twin brother Mike – had been hoping to claim his second title of the day, but Israeli Ram and Russian Zvonareva simply outclassed their opponents, easing through 6-3, 6-2, in less than an hour.

The first set began tightly. Both pairs resisted temptation to approach the net, but it was Ram and Zvonareva – who just hours earlier had overcome former champions Wayne and Cara Black in a straight-sets semi-final victory – who stamped their authority on the match with a clever mix of searing ground strokes and quick net volleys.

Serving in the fourth game, former ladies’ singles champion Williams gifted her opponents two break points, and they confidently took the second to go a break up. 26-year-old right-hander Andy Ram produced some truly outstanding serves, and when combined with the occasional mid-point mis-communication between Bryan and Williams over shot responsibility, the first set was over all too quickly.

By the time the second set began on an increasingly chilly Centre Court, Bryan was visibly weary, and so it came as little surprise when Ram and Zvonareva – who was also recently crowned ladies’ singles champion at Birmingham – combined brilliantly to break the tired 28-year-old American’s serve in the opening game.

Despite some valiant return attempts from a jaded Bryan and Williams – who overcame the 11th, sixth, fourth and second seeds in straight sets to reach the final – the Americans failed to stifle their opponents’ growing dominance.

Ram and Zvonareva – who frequently impressed with some quite breathtaking passing shots – controlled the match, as 21-year-old Zvonareva continued to produce punchy shot after shot, which even the unusually lacklustre Bryan was unable to cope with.

Serving for championship point after another break of service late in the set, Ram and Zvonareva – who had also eliminated nine times ladies’ singles champion Martina Navratilova and Mark Knowles in the third round – combined brilliantly to end the match with a lethal serve and volley finish.

Written by Andrew Gregorylink (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/reports/2006-07-08/200607081152388067859.html)

Epigone
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Ram & Zvonareva claim mixed title
Andy Ram and Vera Zvonareva ended Bob Bryan's hopes of winning two titles in one day as they swept to a straight sets win in the mixed doubles final.

Bryan won the men's doubles with brother Mike and returned less than an hour later to partner fellow American Venus Williams against the ninth seeds.

But his efforts were in vain as Ram and Zvonareva played some sparkling tennis to earn a 6-3 6-2 victory.

The Israeli-Russian combo broke twice in each set to seal a deserved win.

Bryan and Williams played well in patches but occasional breakdowns in communication undermined their efforts.

And Bryan, understandably tired after his previous four set match in the men's doubles final, found his serve broken with alarming frequency.

The victory was finished off with a Zvonareva ace on the first of two championship points.link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/5161818.stm)

(•_•)
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:24 PM
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_12_zvonarevaRam_147_ps_t_hindley.jpg

:worship: :hearts:

Epigone
Jul 9th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Making history: Andy Ram wins at Wimbledon
A huge accomplishment: first senior grand slam title ever for Israel after Ram and Zvonareva beat Bob Bryan and Venus Williams for the win
Miki Sagi

Israeli history in London: Granted Shahar Pe'er, Ana Smashnova and Dudi Sela won Grand Slam titles in the youth division, but Andy Ram is the first Israeli to win a professional title at one of the Grand Slam Tournaments (the Australian Open, the Roland Garros, Wimbledon and the US Open).

The Israeli, who three years ago made it to the Wimbledon finals (with partner Anastasia Rodionova), took it one step further this Saturday night and won one of the most coveted tennis titles in the world. Along with his partner, Russian Vera Zvonareva, he beat Americans Bob Bryan and Venus Williams 6:3, 6:2.

Saturday afternoon, Ram and Zvonareva beat sibling-team Wayne and Kara Black in the semi-finals, and were forced to return to the court for the final game after only a few hours' rest, because of the crowded game schedule caused by rains. Ram and Zvonareva showed no fatigue and didn't give their American rivals a chance, trampling their way to victory in only two sets.

Andy Ram, who, with the help of partner Yoni Erlich, proved this year to be a world-ranked doubles player, recently illustrated that he could shine in mixed doubles, as well.

Ram was the leading player of the pair and his great net game, with excellent instincts and volleys, as well as outstanding play from the baseline, was too much for both Williams, one of the foremost female tennis players, and for Bryan, who along with his brother Mike is considered one of the best doubles players in the world and had won the men's doubles only a few hours prior.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/669/xwim183wa5oc.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Ram and Zvonareva at Wimbledon (Photo: AP)
link (http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3272756,00.html)

slk45
Jul 9th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Ram and Zvonareva – who frequently impressed with some quite breathtaking passing shots – controlled the match, as 21-year-old Zvonareva continued to produce punchy shot after shot, which even the unusually lacklustre Bryan was unable to cope with.and The victory was finished off with a Zvonareva ace on the first of two championship points.
Delicious!! :yeah: :devil:

daniela86
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Vera and Andy :worship: :worship: What a great win :crazy: :crazy: I really didn't expect such a beatdown :bowdown: :worship: It's soooooooooooooooo great to hear that Vera was on fire :crazy: :cool: It must cheer her up after her horrible single draw and bad doubles draw :sobbing:
I really hope Vera and Andy will play together at Us Open as well :D They are definitly a very impressive and great team :hug: :yeah:
:worship: :worship: X 10000000000000000000 to them ! I'm sooo happy :p :crazy: :crazy: :bounce: :rocker: :bounce:

nick_chicane
Jul 9th, 2006, 09:13 AM
The one thing that annoys me a little is how calm Vera is on the court when theres someone with her!

She made a couple of mistakes yesterday, and she just looked at Andy and laughed, whereas on her own, she would have started getting all annoyed with herself.

Why does she have such a different attitude to tennis when shes playing doubles? If anything, youd expect her to get more upset when she has a teammate cause shes letting someone, other than herself, down.

When Vera is calm and relaxed, she plays some amazing tennis, why cant she just take that attitude into her Singles game? Why cant she just laugh off mistakes then?

The Vera i saw play yesterday was a world beater. She made both Bob and Venus look very ordinary players. The way she handled Venus' power was amazing. I remember one point where Venus was hammering the ball at Vera, Vera was upclose to the net, and she just kept hitting it back, Venus must have hit it straight at her at least 4 or 5 times before Vera pulled out this amazing lob shot to win the point. It really was such calm and amazing tennis.

I honestly dont believe i have ever seen Vera play as well as she did yesterday, thats even better than the Capriati win. It was a real pleasure to watch her. If she could play like that in Singles, i have no doubt at all that she would be well inside the top 5 fighting for Grand Slams, that display really was that good. :worship:

rrfnpump
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I like this point (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3000454387519187741&hl=en) :cool:

some more pics :

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1640/zvonareva566cb.jpg

http://i6.tinypic.com/1zeumnq.jpg

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 9th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Vera on mixed title :banana: :D :)
so good to see her smiling and winning ;) :D

now time to climb back towards top 20 & higher in singles

hope she has better luck in US Open draw in singles :mad:

slk45
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:55 PM
HEY!!! Anybody on line here in the U.S.... NBC is now showing Vera's mixed doubles match!! :bounce: :bounce:
Hey Bob! :ras: :devil:

Great win, BEPA & ANDY!! :woohoo:

nick_chicane
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Oh, enjoy it mate, its a real quality display by Vera! Its a pleasure to see how well she can play! You almost forget how good she really is when you dont see it for so long!

Epigone
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Some highlights from the match can be found here (http://www1.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=8513253&postcount=1)

goldenlox
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:25 PM
After that singles draw, Vera deserved a title.
So she won Birmingham and the Wimbledon mixed titles.

Now she needs to play well all summer

Foot's Fingers
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Don't stop celebration!!! :rocker2:

Vera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:kiss:

zvonareva14
Jul 9th, 2006, 07:08 PM
WOW!!! I'm so happy and excited for Vera because she won this GS title but i'm even more excited and happy with the way she played : :eek: ! I mean she really couldn't miss and her volleys were particularly amazing! :D This is so great for Vera heading into the summer season!!! :bounce: :hearts: :cool: !!!!

goldenlox
Jul 10th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Vera has to start looking for her Olympic doubles partner.
She's won Wimbledon & the US Open titles in mixed.
Sghe can win an Olympic medal also.
She is a good doubles player

Epigone
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Bepa needs (a) a Russian partner and (b) to take her doubles ranking back to where it belongs

Elena Likhovtseva was selected for the 2004 Olympics based on her doubles ranking, so Bepa should be aiming to become the top Russian doubles player. Of course, she should also be aiming to be the top singles player as well :p, and her performance in the mixed doubles at Wimbledon should hopefully give the start of her US hardcourt season an added boost

Sweep
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Vera!

Congratulations on winning the mixed doubles. Brilliant!

slk45
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I was able to watch Vera's entire championship match thanks to NBC's day-later replay. She played excellently, and contrary to some of the silly commentary during the match, she more than contributed her part to the team.

Her volleys were amazing, and the lobs were impressive. And her winners against Bob were wonderful. :devil: And no breaks of serve. By the time the match concluded, even the commentators were finally impressed. Tho' she certainly did not learn volleying from Andy :rolleyes: , they were undoubtedly correct that Andy gave her valuable instruction on staying positive. I hope she can carry that lesson into the singles.

GO BEPA!!! :yeah: :bounce:

goldenlox
Jul 11th, 2006, 02:36 PM
It was a good run on grass. A singles title, and a Wimbledon mixed title.
She played very well, and I expect her to be in the top 20 at Wimbledon 2007

pav
Jul 11th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Bepa :worship: ,been sidetracked a bit fixing fences that the rain made go for a slide,but taped second set of the final,then payed for match from the Wimb. site but looks like the buggers make it so you can't record it on a DVD :fiery: but great doubles team, and good to hear the Bepa getting a lot of praise(even getting used to the shorts:eek: )and hope like all that she can carry this play level and temperament on to the singles hardcourts :) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/fence3.jpg

pav
Jul 14th, 2006, 09:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/bepbob2.jpg

rrfnpump
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:20 AM
poor Bob :lol: :devil:
but thats the spirit !!

Cincinatti starting next week... Bepa should do some damage
but its all about Serena

nick_chicane
Jul 14th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Serena wont be a threat! Shes barely played in the last year! I wont see her going far!!

I do like that pic though! I reckon it would give Vera great amusement if she was to see it! :)

Epigone
Jul 14th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Fear Bepa! :scared: :bolt:

I can't wait to see how she performs next week :dance:

nick_chicane
Jul 14th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Lets not build her up too much though! Yes, she played excellent in the mixed doubles but its a totally different when you go back to singles!

I just dont wanna see people screaming and abusing her if she doesnt automatically start producing the tennis she was showing us in the mixed doubles final!

Pata
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Vera else has written three messages in guestbook :worship: http://zvonareva.ru/guestbook/en

Epigone
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Lets not build her up too much though! Yes, she played excellent in the mixed doubles but its a totally different when you go back to singles!She won Birmingham and then played a close match against Kim at Wimbledon, so I think she should perform well in singles
I just dont wanna see people screaming and abusing her if she doesnt automatically start producing the tennis she was showing us in the mixed doubles final!Who would do that? :shrug:

Epigone
Jul 14th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Vera else has written three messages in guestbook :worship: http://zvonareva.ru/guestbook/enBepa answered Basti's question :D

She'll be playing doubles with Dechy in all tournaments until the US Open :yeah:

Harju.
Jul 15th, 2006, 03:22 AM
Classic! :lol:

Epigone
Jul 15th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Top ten points from the '04 YEC

Bepa is involved in #8, #2, and #1

#2 shows how well she can retrieve :eek: :worship:

link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcibQK1ao4c)

rrfnpump
Jul 15th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Bepa answered Basti's question :D

She'll be playing doubles with Dechy in all tournaments until the US Open :yeah:

yay, she answered my question :cool:
but we can only be part-time satisfied with her choice of doubles partner
good thing is she has a permanent partner now in Dechy, bad thing Dechy is not a russian :help:

I also saw these 10 points :D
still, YEC 2004 was not good to remember for a Vera fan :sobbing:

nick_chicane
Jul 15th, 2006, 11:30 AM
She won Birmingham and then played a close match against Kim at Wimbledon, so I think she should perform well in singles
Who would do that? :shrug:

Yes, she should perform well, but lets not build her up too much! Vera likes grass and that will be a big contribution to her doing well......The grass season is now over and were back to clay or hard courts so lets just not get too carried away and take every match as it comes and not automatically start making comments like "Oh, i think she'll win this tournament" I know no ones said that yet but i bet i hear it sometime over the next few days.

Oh, and yes, plenty of people have really ripped into her on here, calling her a disgrace and alsorts so there does seem to be people around this forum that like to give her plenty of stick.

nick_chicane
Jul 15th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Oh, nice to see shes posted in the guestbook again! :)

Can anyone translate the message shes written in Russian, for me please?

rrfnpump
Jul 15th, 2006, 06:07 PM
She plays (7)Tatiana Golovin in first round of Cinci
is in a querter with Hantuchova....

not the easiest draw, but could have been worse
good luck, Vera :D

Epigone
Jul 15th, 2006, 06:15 PM
She plays (7)Tatiana Golovin in first round of Cinci
is in a querter with Hantuchova....

not the easiest draw, but could have been worse
good luck, Vera :DGolovin, Tatiana FRA [7]
Zvonareva, Vera RUS

Lepchenko, Varvara UZB
Washington, Mashona USA

Q
Camerin, Maria Elena ITA

Savchuk, Olga UKR
Hantuchova, Daniela SVK [3]

Dulko, Gisala ARG [8]
Domachowska, Marta POL

Kirkland, Jessica USA
Frazier, Amy USA

Mattek, Bethanie USA
Perry, Shenay USA

Williams, Serena USA
Myskina, Anastasia RUS [2]

SF could be tough, but I think she'll be ready by then :cool:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 15th, 2006, 06:16 PM
lets go one at a time !!!!!!!

go Vera :) :D :)
time to get flying back up the ranks :)

go girl in Cinci

zvonareva14
Jul 15th, 2006, 07:03 PM
I think this could be a great draw for Vera! :) Golovin is not playing real well and hantuchova is streaky and even the semi final round isn't looking that bad but like the Boiledegg said one at a time...best of luck Vera! ;)

nick_chicane
Jul 15th, 2006, 09:35 PM
1 match at a time people!

pav
Jul 15th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Oh, and yes, plenty of people have really ripped into her on here, calling her a disgrace and alsorts so there does seem to be people around this forum that like to give her plenty of stick.

We wouldn't have to scroll back too far to read words from our new prince of reason and calm to see words like "shocking" and "pathetic"I think we might all have let strip at her sometime or other :)
Tough first round again

Harju.
Jul 16th, 2006, 02:12 AM
What a draw :o

Bepa vs Tati :sad:. Good luck to both and I think Bepa can win this match. Tati would only reach US, earliest by Monday. And Fed Cup tie is played on clay. So huge advantage for Bepa as Tati doesn't have much preparation on hardcourt.

nick_chicane
Jul 16th, 2006, 10:45 AM
We wouldn't have to scroll back too far to read words from our new prince of reason and calm to see words like "shocking" and "pathetic"I think we might all have let strip at her sometime or other :)
Tough first round again

I only use words like that when she deserves them and i think the only occassion when i have been as harsh as that was the Dementieva match at the US Open a couple of years ago! Which she fully deserved to hear!

Some people use those words for every type of defeat and thats wrong!

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Tough field for a Tier III

pav
Jul 16th, 2006, 07:59 PM
It's alright Bepa is leading a thread in GM as the player with the lowest IQ :fiery: It is enough to divert one from Momo and Serena baiting

Epigone
Jul 16th, 2006, 10:17 PM
It's alright Bepa is leading a thread in GM as the player with the lowest IQ :fiery: It is enough to divert one from Momo and Serena baitingShe is a constant victim in the GM forum :fiery:

On the other hand, this (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=8563900&postcount=9) is :rolls:

pav
Jul 16th, 2006, 11:23 PM
She is a constant victim in the GM forum :fiery:

On the other hand, this (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=8563900&postcount=9) is :rolls:

Bepa probably enjoys a good aged cheddar :drool:

Epigone
Jul 17th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Daniela withdrew, so Bepa's section of the draw has become:

Golovin, Tatiana FRA [7]
Zvonareva, Vera RUS

Lepchenko, Varvara UZB
Washington, Mashona USA

Q
Camerin, Maria Elena ITA

Savchuk, Olga UKR
Jankovic, Jelena SCG [5]

This draw is REALLY bottom heavy :help:

Munich
Jul 17th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Good luck Bepa. You can do it :kiss: :hug:

nick_chicane
Jul 17th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Vera can certainly beat Golovin, but she will have to play well!

Good luck! :)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 17th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Good Luck Verunya!!!

Foot's Fingers
Jul 17th, 2006, 01:16 PM
btw, in Vera's interview in Russian press after Mixed Title she have said that Sam is her coach but she still are working with Lex between tournaments? when Sam is not with her

Lex had open tennis club in USA and not traveling anymore but Sam always is travells with Vera on GS and others big tournaments
They have different approach for some thing, so Vera can choise waht suits her more ( as she said)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 17th, 2006, 01:17 PM

:lol:

:bounce:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 17th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Vera abt Bob:

- Боб, наверное, жалеет, что расстался с такой партнершей?

- (Улыбается.) Это, наверное, лучше у него спросить. Мы с ним играли вместе в январе на Australian Open, а в Париже у него была договоренность выступить с Мартиной Навратиловой, и поэтому наши пути сейчас разошлись.

- Делая брейки на подачах Брайана, вы наверняка использовали его слабые места, о которых знаете не понаслышке?

- Естественно. Боб левша, у него очень хороший форх-энд, поэтому мы старались не давать ему играть слева. В миксте, кстати, очень важно не позволять мужчине-сопернику делать то, что он умеет лучше всего

- Probably, Bob is feel sorry now for separating from such good partner?

- (Smiles), It' better ask him We have playid on AO tthis year then he mak an agreement to play with Navratilova in Paris, so our ways had dispersed

- Making breaks on Bob's serve you have used his weaknesses which are known to you?

- Naturally, bob is lefthanded person, he has very good forehand so we are trying not to allow him play by forehand In mixed, it's very importent not to allow to man rival o make the things he can do the best

nick_chicane
Jul 17th, 2006, 03:57 PM
I like that, its so obvious Vera's sat their thinking "HA, YOUR AN IDIOT BOB" :lol:

(•_•)
Jul 17th, 2006, 06:51 PM
It's alright Bepa is leading a thread in GM as the player with the lowest IQ :fiery: It is enough to divert one from Momo and Serena baiting

Least intelligent players
5. Vera Zevonareva(lucky to find her way to the court)
Wow that's mean!
:lol:

Sweep
Jul 17th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Good luck to Vera in Cincy! VAMOS!

Epigone
Jul 18th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Bepa :worship: ,been sidetracked a bit fixing fences that the rain made go for a slide,but taped second set of the final,then payed for match from the Wimb. site but looks like the buggers make it so you can't record it on a DVD :fiery: Someone managed to make it work :nerner: :p

A link (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=8565082&postcount=1) to the Wimbledon Mixed Doubles final. It's not too hard to figure out how to get things to work
I finally got to watch it today :banana:

Bepa was so :D and she and Andy played amazing tennis :worship:

pav
Jul 18th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Someone managed to make it work :nerner: :p

A link (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=8565082&postcount=1) to the Wimbledon Mixed Doubles final. It's not too hard to figure out how to get things to work
I finally got to watch it today :banana:

Bepa was so :D and she and Andy played amazing tennis :worship:

They had a lock on it that fooled me(not that it takes much) so I could only play it on the comp. but then they replayed it on TV, so got it in the end,they were very good alright,like your new avatar better than those evil cane toads

Epigone
Jul 19th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Center Court (from 11.00hrs)
1. Dulko vs. Frazier
2. Golovin vs. Zvonareva
3. Laine vs. Mirza
4. Schnyder vs. Spears (NB 19.00hrs)
5. De Los Rios/Jankovic vs. Farley-Wilson/Preng

SloKid
Jul 19th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Good luck tonight Vera. :)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 19th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Have a good start in USA, Vera

Epigone
Jul 19th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Have a good start in USA, VeraWell, she's off to a good start in this match :D

6-3 *1-0 with 14/16 points won when her 1st serve goes in (although her 1st serve percentage is still below 50% :o)

Epigone
Jul 19th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Bepa d. Tati 6-3 6-0 :banana: :worship: :bigclap: :dance: :yippee: :bounce:

Bepa had to save BPx4 in the 2nd game of the 2nd set, while also throwing away a few GP opportunities of her own, but that was the only blip on the radar :yeah:

She brought up triple MP on serve and closed it out, which was great to see :D

rrfnpump
Jul 19th, 2006, 05:38 PM
her killer shot worked today :p
not broken once in the entire match

if only she could go like this and set up a clash with Serena in the semis :eek:

KV
Jul 19th, 2006, 05:39 PM
More than excellent win. :) :) Continues her prev. form on grass. And to say the US HC's are more suitable to her than grass. Sounds promising on this kind of form can only see S. Williams to prevent Vera from winning Cincy.

Epigone
Jul 19th, 2006, 05:42 PM
her killer shot worked today :p
not broken once in the entire matchHer killer shot only went in 46% of the time :help:

However, if she isn't getting broken, then I'm not going to make a fuss :angel:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 19th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Vera :yeah: :D :)
awesome win today ;)

the Real Bepa is coming back :banana:

pav
Jul 19th, 2006, 05:50 PM
46% bad Bepa,but must have played well(with or without shorts) some already saying in Gm Tati presented the match to Bepa:fiery: good to see the serving it out went as well as the mixed:)

nick_chicane
Jul 19th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Thats a good win, Golovin maybe going through a tough time at the mo but she still has alot of talent so for vera to get a 6-0 set, thats very well done! :)

Munich
Jul 19th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Bepa:woohoo: :worship: :worship: :kiss: :aparty: :smooch: :hug:

Epigone
Jul 20th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Thursday, July 20, 2006
Center Court (from 15.00hrs)
1. Zvonareva vs. Lepchenko
2. Camerin vs. Jankovic
3. Mattek vs. S.Williams (NB 19.00hrs)
4. Laine/Sromova vs. Amanmuradova/Savchuk

nick_chicane
Jul 20th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Good luck today Vera, keep this fine form going! :)

russophile
Jul 20th, 2006, 10:15 AM
good luck
and i saw that final match in the mixed wimbledin, great win!

goldenlox
Jul 20th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I hope she keeps this up

pav
Jul 20th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Like this article from the Cincinnati Enquirer, the education part, for those who think she is too dumb to find her way on to the court!, but worry about the apartment decorating :eek:

Zvonareva enjoys another win in return
BY COLLEEN KANE | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER
MASON - Vera Zvonareva rehabilitated more than her sprained ankle last fall. After taking a couple months off to recover from the injury, the 21-year-old Russian found her spirit was healed, too.

"It's tough to get away (from the sport) when you enjoy and feel great, but I guess I wasn't feeling good. I kept playing through that, and it obviously didn't help me," Zvonareva said. "It was a great opportunity to take some time off and get back on the court and enjoy it more."

On Wednesday at the Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open, she continued to enjoy her play, knocking off seventh-seeded French teenager Tatiana Golovin 6-3, 6-0 in the first round.

http://news.enquirer.com/graphics/ad_head.gif
OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');
Zvonareva was a finalist in Cincinnati in 2004, a year she ended with a No. 11 ranking. But last year's trip here was during a difficult two-month period when she didn't advanced past a tournament's second round. When she sprained her ankle in August, she took two months to rehabilitate, focus on her university studies at the Russian State Academy of Physical Education and decorate her apartment, she said. Additional time off to recover from a shoulder injury fueled her desire to play again.

It hasn't been all success this year. Zvonareva endured a six-match losing streak early this year, and her ranking fell to No. 78 in early summer. But last month at Tier III Birmingham, she won her first Tour title in almost a year and a half. The win got her back in the top 50 after four weeks outside.

"It was a great feeling," Zvonareva said.

"I played some great matches. I think it was a really good turning point for me just to feel the way I could enjoy it on the court."

Golovin, ranked No. 32, didn't arrive in Cincinnati until Monday afternoon because of Fed Cup play last weekend. She said she felt jet-lagged Wednesday and knew she was going to have a tough day when she found out she drew Zvonareva in the opener.

"She's really going to be a tough player on hard courts," Golovin said. "I think last year she wasn't playing that well, so maybe she was down on confidence, but I think she's really picked it up and getting back to where she was a couple years ago."

E-mail ckane@enquirer.com (ckane@enquirer.com)

Epigone
Jul 20th, 2006, 10:46 PM
WTAworld deleted the post I made here two hours ago!!! :fiery:

Bepa d. Lepchenko 6-0 6-2 :bigclap: :dance: :worship: :yippee: :clap2:

zvonareva14
Jul 21st, 2006, 12:01 AM
Two very impressive wins I would love to see a semi final match of Vera vs Serena and I know Vera could win it! :)

Daniel
Jul 21st, 2006, 02:31 AM
Keep winning Vera :clap2:

Epigone
Jul 21st, 2006, 05:34 AM
Friday, July 21, 2006
1. Zvonareva vs. Jankovic
2. Srebotnik vs. Bartoli
3. Schnyder vs. Mirza (NB 19.00hrs)
4. Frazier vs. S.Williams

Epigone
Jul 21st, 2006, 05:43 AM
pav :yeah:

Here is another article...Happier Russian moving up
Extended absence helped Zvonareva
By Josh Katzowitz
Post staff reporter

MASON, Ohio - Vera Zvonareva doesn't see the point of comparing the 2006 version of Vera Zvonareva to the 2004 version. Different player, different attitude, and unfortunately for her, different results as well.

But Zvonareva seems more comfortable on the court now. After missing a significant portion of last year with a sprained ankle - and getting her mind in the right spot, as well - Zvonareva is again racking up wins.

She's not the same player she was two years ago when she cracked the top 10 for the first time in her career and made the finals of the Western & Southern Women's Open. But she's not the same person either.

"I think I'm enjoying myself now with the way I play," said Zvonareva, who beat No. 7 seed Tatiana Golovin 6-3, 6-0 Wednesday to advance to the second round. "It doesn't matter if I can move on right there or if I have wins. I'm going on the court and doing my best every time I can. I'm enjoying it at the moment. It's great for me."

Two seasons removed from her best year - in 2004, she was ranked as high as No. 9, she won the second title of her career, and she was the No. 2 seed in Cincinnati - Zvonareva is creeping her way slowly through the rankings.

Thirty-two days ago, the Moscow native was No. 78 in the world. Entering this week's W&S, she's No. 52 and a month removed from her first title in 16 months. Her ankle and her psyche are feeling fine.

"I'm going match by match and point by point," Zvonareva said. "As long as I feel like I do my thing and go with the flow and enjoy it out there, it's fun. I don't think about the game in any form or trying to make five wins in a row. It's more important I put in good work."

Her happy attitude wasn't necessarily there during an injury-plagued 2005.

With a sprained ankle, she missed four tournaments, including the U.S. Open, and when she finally returned to the WTA Tour, she retired from her first-round match because of a shoulder injury.

Don't get Zvonareva wrong, though. The extended vacation was best for her ankle and for her mentality.

"I had some injuries and I was very sick," said Zvonareva, who will play Varvara Lepchenko today at 3 p.m. "It was tough to make myself go on the court every day to fight. When I sprained my ankle, I took a period of time off. I had to fully recover and go back on the court and have more enjoyment. When you don't feel right and you feel pain there and there, it's really tough to enjoy it."

Not surprisingly, Zvonareva wasn't having much fun.

So with her ankle on the mend, she became a normal 21-year-old woman. She resumed her studies at the Russian State Academy of Physical Education in Moscow and will graduate next year. She redecorated her apartment. She didn't miss tennis much.

"I didn't miss it for the first month," Zvonareva said. "I was taking it off, and I was doing different things. I didn't have to go on court, but of course, after months, I thought, 'Hey, maybe I could go and hit a little bit, even if my ankle hurts.' Just to hit the tennis ball was much better. I enjoyed it more."

She enjoyed it even more five weeks ago.

Without a title since Memphis' 2005 event, the unseeded Zvonareva stormed through the Tier III event in Birmingham, England, beating seventh-seeded Anna Chakvetadze and No. 2 seed Francesca Schiavone to win the championship.

"It was great," said Zvonareva, who also captured her second Grand Slam mixed doubles title a few weeks later, teaming with Andy Ram to win Wimbledon. "I didn't know what to expect. I was going to play match by match. It was a great feeling. I played six great matches over there. It was a really good turn point for me in the way I could really enjoy it on the court."

That's the key word - enjoyment.

"She's playing really well," Golovin said. "Vera is a tough player to beat on hard court. Last year she wasn't playing that well, so maybe she was a little down in confidence. But she's getting back to where she was a couple years ago."

Publication date: 07-20-2006link (http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060720/SPT09/607200322/1032/SPT)

rrfnpump
Jul 21st, 2006, 08:36 AM
Vera, please be aware that bagels make you fat ;)

another great win :yeah:
now against Jelena it will be very tough!

KV
Jul 21st, 2006, 09:43 AM
Another excellent scoreline. :) Good luck vs. Jelena.

Harju.
Jul 21st, 2006, 01:19 PM
Another bagel :drool:

Allez Bepa. Good luck against Jankovic. :banana:

Munich
Jul 21st, 2006, 02:19 PM
Bepa :worship: Keep up the great work :yeah: :hugÄ

goldenlox
Jul 21st, 2006, 02:34 PM
This is a tough Tier III.
Vera will get tested.
If she's as good as she was in 2004, she'll do fine

Sweep
Jul 21st, 2006, 02:56 PM
Good luck Vera against Jankovic. C'mon.

nick_chicane
Jul 21st, 2006, 04:57 PM
Thats a really nice report on Vera, i enjoyed reading it! :)

Good luck against Jelena tonight, Vera! :)

KV
Jul 21st, 2006, 07:31 PM
Bepa off to flying start won first set 6-1 :)

nick_chicane
Jul 21st, 2006, 07:36 PM
WOW, 6-1 first set against the girl that put Venus Williams out of Wimbledon!

Vera is full of confidence! :bounce:

Is it just me or is she on fire at the moment! :)

Epigone
Jul 21st, 2006, 07:50 PM
Bepa d. Jelena Jankovic 6-1 6-1 :bigclap: :dance: :yippee: :bounce: :woohoo:

Her big weapon was firing at the end :eek:

She dropped her opening service game to trail 0-1* and was also broken after leading 6-1 *1-0, but it obviously didn't affect her :D

Harju.
Jul 21st, 2006, 07:52 PM
2 bagels and 2 breadsticks.
Bepa's bakery shop is open for business in Cincy. :lol:
Bepa's on FIRE :drool:.

rrfnpump
Jul 21st, 2006, 07:53 PM
:bolt:
I just can say wow :speakles:

HOWEVER, I dont like she got broken twice in this match :o :lol:
now please in semis against Serena :D

KV
Jul 21st, 2006, 07:53 PM
Bepa regardless of her best ever tennis yes or no :) :bounce: . Tomorrow vs. probably S. Williams. What's for sure Serena needs her peak tennis to pass Bepa. Good luck Bepa. :)

SloKid
Jul 21st, 2006, 07:54 PM
Bepa keep making me :drool:

pav
Jul 21st, 2006, 08:07 PM
Bepa:worship: almost wordless, wont say anything bad about williams or momo for rest of day,hell if not for the two breaks we could say she whipped the pants off Jelena :eek:

nick_chicane
Jul 21st, 2006, 08:13 PM
WOW! Is she playing well or what? Serena, watch out! Vera's about! :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 21st, 2006, 08:22 PM
Vera :D :)
wish she can keep this form going for rest of hard courts and beyond :D :)

she's got basically NOTHING to defend for rest of yr.

zvonareva14
Jul 21st, 2006, 08:24 PM
These spectacular wins are sure getting me all Zvonareva crazy again :kiss: ! It's so great to know that she is playing so well and having fun and enjoying life all at the same time! :) I don't want to speak to soon but I think the Vera we all know and love is back! :D ;) :) :hearts:

Epigone
Jul 21st, 2006, 08:41 PM
Vera :D :)
wish she can keep this form going for rest of hard courts and beyond :D :)

she's got basically NOTHING to defend for rest of yr.Jul 05 Cincinnati (http://www.angelfire.com/space2/wta2/tur2005/cinc2087.htm) 24
Aug 05 Stanford (http://www.angelfire.com/space2/wta2/tur2005/stan2100.htm) 1, San Diego (http://www.angelfire.com/space2/wta2/tur2005/sand2109.htm) 1
Sep 05
Oct 05 Guangzhou (http://www.angelfire.com/space2/wta2/tur2005/guan2189.htm) 1, Japan Open (http://www.angelfire.com/space2/wta2/tur2005/japa2203.htm) 48, Moscow (http://www.angelfire.com/space2/wta2/tur2005/mosc2213.htm) 125, Zurich (http://www.angelfire.com/space2/wta2/tur2005/zuri2225.htm) 1, Linz (http://www.geocities.com/wtatur/tur2005/linz2236.htm) 1
Nov 05 Philadelp. (http://www.geocities.com/wtatur/tur2005/phil2247.htm) 1

The US hardcourt season is going to be moving time :drool: and that will set her up for the indoor season :cool:

nick_chicane
Jul 21st, 2006, 08:47 PM
Im so happy to see the talent again that originally attracted me to Vera! The last year ive felt pretty dejected with how things were going but so far, these last few months, have been been a real joy!

This girl has so much talent, its time to forfill it! :)

My gamertag on Xbox Live is Zvonareva................Im proud to have that! :worship:

Epigone
Jul 21st, 2006, 10:46 PM
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBDDut7UoPY) is Bepa's press conference after defeating Tatiana Golovin :wavey:

Epigone
Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:29 AM
Stanford draw
1 Clijsters vs. Bye
Jankovic vs. Osterloh
Camerin vs. Dechy
Zvonareva vs. 8 Srebotnik

3 Vaidisova vs. Bye
Bartoli vs. Bammer
Qualifier vs. Stosur
Liu vs. 7 Peer

6 Sugiyama vs. Peschke
Golovin vs. Bondarenko, A.
Qualifier vs. Mirza
4 Groenefeld vs. Bye

5 Hantuchova vs. Qualifier
Craybas vs. Rubin
Dulko vs. Qualifier
2. Schnyder vs. Bye

Seriously, who the heck did Bepa piss off to get these bad draws? :help:

nick_chicane
Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:30 AM
I love to listen to her speak about her life, its very interesting! :)

nick_chicane
Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:31 AM
1 Clijsters vs. Bye
Seriously, who the heck did Bepa piss off to get these draws? :help:

Hey, the way shes playing right now, Kim should watch out! :lol:

Epigone
Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:34 AM
Hey, the way shes playing right now, Kim should watch out! :lol:Check out this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfZ7P559EDY) video from the final game of her singles match at Wimbledon.

The point at *15-30 is just :worship:. So many crunching backhands by Bepa :dance:

That BH DTL was simply :drool:

Epigone
Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:58 AM
Balancing schoolwork, sport
By Josh Katzowitz
Post staff reporter

MASON, Ohio - Vera Zvonareva wants to have options, so when she has some free time off the tennis court, she cracks open a book and studies. When Jelena Jankovic's tennis life was not going well earlier this year, her priorities became her education.

Both want to make sure there's life after tennis.

"Education is really important," Jankovic said Thursday after beating Maria Elena Camerin 6-4, 6-4 to advance to the quarterfinals of the Western & Southern Women's Open. "Tennis careers are really short. It's good to have an education, because I don't want to be somebody where the only thing I can do is hit a forehand or backhand."

Zvonareva attends the Russian State Academy of Physical Education in Moscow, but since she spends much of her time traveling around the world on the WTA Tour, she hits the books on tour and then returns to school to take exams.

Next year, she'll graduate with a certificate in coaching, which means she'll be eligible to teach tennis at any school in Russia. Not that the 21-year-old knows what she wants to do when she retires from tennis. She just likes her options.

"It means I can coach, but it doesn't mean I'm going to do that," said Zvonareva, who dispatched Varvara Lepchenko 6-0, 6-2 to move to the quarterfinals. "With this kind of certificate, you can go to any university and finish two more years and get other (degrees) if you want. It's a good opportunity in the Russian system, because you don't have to study another six years to get other qualifications. You can finish it in two or three years."

Although so much of her time is spent on the tennis court, either playing or practicing, Zvonareva said it's not difficult to balance her schoolwork with her job.

"It's tough, but not with this school," said Zvonareva, whose university specialty, obviously, is tennis. "It's really specific with what I do. The first two years were tougher because we had to do mathematics and all kind of things. Then it's more specific. Basically, it's not that tough for me at the moment, because it's really specific and I know all the things already."

For most Russian citizens, the coursework to earn a degree at the Academy takes four years. But if you're a professional athlete, you get an extra year to finish. To Zvonareva, continuing her education is worth it.

"It's just something I want to have," she said. People know me, because I play tennis. But I want some education for myself. If I want to go to teach kids at school, I can't do it without a certificate. If I have it, it's a great opportunity to do something else."

Jankovic - who's a few credits shy of moving into her sophomore year at Megatrend Business School in Belgrade, Serbia - thinks so also. But now that her tennis has improved, she's not studying quite as much.

"That was my main priority," Jankovic said. "My tennis wasn't going well. I was losing 10 matches in a row. I didn't like playing tennis, so I was studying a lot more. Now it's a different story. I put my books down, and I'm playing tennis and I'm playing a lot better."link (http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060721/SPT09/607210327/1032/SPT)

Geez, she sounds :retard: :rolleyes:

I'm gonna post it in the low IQ thread :angel:

Epigone
Jul 22nd, 2006, 01:08 AM
Zvonareva, Srebotnik reach semifinals
Associated Press

MASON, Ohio - Unseeded Vera Zvonareva reached the semifinals of the Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open, taking 42 minutes Friday to upset fifth-seeded Jelena Jankovic 6-1, 6-1.

Fourth-seeded Katarina Srebotnik also reached the semifinals, for the first time in 14 tournaments this season, with a 6-2, 6-1 win over sixth-seeded Marion Bartoli. Srebotnik will play the winner of Friday night's quarterfinal match between top-seeded and defending champion Patty Schnyder and ninth-seeded Sania Mirza.

Zvonareva, who lost to Lindsay Davenport in the tournament's 2004 final, had 15 winners and just four unforced errors, while Jankovic had five winners and committed 14 unforced errors.

"I expected a really tough match - a lot of long rallies," Zvonareva said. "Maybe she wasn't at her best. It was important for me to stay in the match from the first point to the last. I think I'm just lucky that it went so smoothly all through the match. To win like this just feels great."

Jankovic broke Zvonareva in the first game of the match and then lost her serve in the next game.

"I couldn't find my rhythm, and she played very well," Jankovic said. "She didn't make many mistakes. She was solid, and I couldn't put it in the court."

Zvonareva, who is ranked 52nd on the WTA Tour after struggling last year with injuries to her left ankle and right shoulder, reached the semifinals for the third time in 16 tournaments this year. She will play the winner of Friday night's quarterfinal between Amy Frazier and Serena Williams on Saturday.

Srebotnik dominated Bartoli with nine aces and 31 winners.link (http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/15085849.htm)

15 winners and just 4 unforced errors :eek: :worship:

Epigone
Jul 22nd, 2006, 09:25 AM
Saturday, July 22, 2006
1. Chan/Luzhanska vs. Domachowska/Mirza
2. Schnyder vs. Srebotnik
3. Zvonareva vs. S.Williams (NB 19.00hrs)
4. Camerin/Dulko vs. Laine/Sromova

tobi
Jul 22nd, 2006, 11:04 AM
good luck Bepa in tough SF :hug:

What a great week she is having,hope it wont end tonight :angel:

pav
Jul 22nd, 2006, 11:26 AM
Love this quote on Bepa's hitting power from the who will win poll.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ohh, have u ever seen vera play? do u mix her up with sharapova or something? :confused:

her game has nothing to do with power... her game is to do no unforced errors, running and get balls back.. almost everyone can hit the ball harder, except smashnova and serra zanneti perhaps ;)
>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
It's a wonder she can hit it over the net:fiery:

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2006, 02:30 PM
Big match in about 8 hours.
I don't know if Vera will win, but she can play good enough to do it

She has another bad draw in Stanford, but she's playing well
That's what matters

rrfnpump
Jul 22nd, 2006, 02:30 PM
Vera has a low IQ, she does hardly find her way to the court and she cant hit a ball properly :shrug:

how the hell does this girl win matches? :speakles:

I like Serena. But because of so many fans who just talk bullshit I really hate her sometimes. Oh gosh, it would be so :drool: :drool: if Bepa could win !!!!!!!

UDACHi
Jul 22nd, 2006, 11:19 PM
Go Bepa, go! If she's on fire, this is gunna be a hell of a match. :drool:

UDACHi
Jul 22nd, 2006, 11:31 PM
Up 5-0 on Serena Williams!!!!1111oneone.

I started following Bepa toward the end of her slump, and she's been doing great ever since. You all owe me. :lol:

I hope she can keep this up, though. :)

Epigone
Jul 22nd, 2006, 11:45 PM
Bepa leads 6-2 :dance:

She just missed out on a bagel on Serena's serve :sad:

Epigone
Jul 23rd, 2006, 12:17 AM
Bepa d. Serena 6-2 6-3 to move into the final :bigclap: :dance: :bounce: :worship: :yippee: :banana:

Too bad she won't get credit for it :sad:

nick_chicane
Jul 23rd, 2006, 12:19 AM
Thats a great win! Well done Vera! Talk about full of confidence! :worship:

Bring on Srebotnik! :)

paranoia0809
Jul 23rd, 2006, 12:20 AM
WIEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YES YES YES

VERA TO THE FINAL :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

auntie janie
Jul 23rd, 2006, 12:34 AM
My heart's bursting, I'm so happy for Bepa! :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts: