PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Epigone
May 8th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Hmmmm
Just hope Vera takes doubles not seriosly now
Cos Tu as a partner..... it's to win match or two but not moreYou wouldn't want her winning three matches in Berlin, coz that means she might defeat Nastya :tape: :p

Anyway her doubles ranking without defending Berlin points from last year goes to downExactly :sad:

Bepa and Lena won this tournament last year, but how much chance does she have this year? :shrug:

Have they split forever with Lena?I hope not :sobbing:

Foot's Fingers
May 8th, 2006, 02:48 PM
You wouldn't want her winning three matches in Berlin, coz that means she might defeat Nastya :tape: :p

:lol:
Ok Hope they will meat at least :angel:

Exactly :sad:

Bepa and Lena won this tournament last year, but how much chance does she have this year? :shrug:

I hope not :sobbing:

And her singles ranking as per TBE calculation falls down to 70s numbers (without Rome points)

Abt one year ago this horriable match vs Kveta took place
Still no improvement

azmad_88
May 8th, 2006, 02:55 PM
vera all the best today

slk45
May 8th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Have they split forever with Lena?Lena told me at Amelia Island they decided not to play together "for a while." :confused:
I thought about asking for more details, but decided not to.

nick_chicane
May 8th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Vera won 3/6 6/2 6/2!! :bounce: :)

After a dodgy start, Vera very much took control and fully deserved the win, it was a good display! :)

More of the same against Nadia please, Vera!

Epigone
May 8th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Bepa :bigclap: :dance: :worship: :D :banana:

Another win from a set down :bowdown:

These are the wins that build character. Bepa isn't falling apart in matches, and that's the fighting spirit that I want to see.

Hopefully she'll be able to close out matches in two sets in the future, but she shouldn't run before she can walk. Just win for the moment, and then win with ninja style later :p

Bring on Nadia! :armed: :cool: :sad:

KV
May 8th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Good win vs. G. Dulko, won final sets with 2 & 2. :D

slk45
May 8th, 2006, 06:44 PM
A great comeback for Vera, esp. with the low percentages on her serves in this match. :help: But she'll have to do better in the next match. :drive:

You can do it, Bepa! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

UDACHi
May 8th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Getting into WTA Tennis in 2004, I was a huuge Sharapova fan, and still am. I remember hearing about the Vera and Nastya vs. Maria shit and it made me hate Vera and Nastya. :tape:

As Vera's ranking has fallen, I have began to feel sympathy for her. Being supportive of emotional messes, erratic, inconsistent headcases, and horribly slumping players, I have, on many occasions, thought about posting here more frequently and/or adding her to my signature. :p

Today, I am officially coming out as a Zvonareva supporter. :scared: :lol:

Wish me luck! :wavey:

zvonareva14
May 8th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Haha great to see yet another Vera supporter! Wow very impressive win for Vera today, I mean Dulko is no crappy player especially on clay....Possibly a good enough win to beat Petrova...? :worship: ;) :) :worship:

Epigone
May 9th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Today, I am officially coming out as a Zvonareva supporter. :scared: :lol:

Wish me luck! :wavey:It's nice to see a new fan here :wavey:Getting into WTA Tennis in 2004, I was a huuge Sharapova fan, and still am. I remember hearing about the Vera and Nastya vs. Maria shit and it made me hate Vera and Nastya. :tape:To the best of my recollection, Bepa never said anything bad about Maria :confused:. They played doubles together in 2004, and after the YEC business, Bepa didn't criticise the behaviour of Maria or Yuri. I posted part of a Russian interview where she was asked about what happened, and she didn't have a problem with it :shrug:

UDACHi
May 9th, 2006, 12:44 AM
It's nice to see a new fan here :wavey:To the best of my recollection, Bepa never said anything bad about Maria :confused:. They played doubles together in 2004, and after the YEC business, Bepa didn't criticise the behaviour of Maria or Yuri. I posted part of a Russian interview where she was asked about what happened, and she didn't have a problem with it :shrug:

Vera beat Maria in the Summer, then at YEC, she fell on her ass and Nastya said Yuri laughed and all that shit. I just didn't like her.

Epigone
May 9th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Vera beat Maria in the Summer, then at YEC, she fell on her ass and Nastya said Yuri laughed and all that shit. I just didn't like her.I found the quote from the interview (I think from early 2005): — А сама Маша себя ведет по-другому?
— Против нее лично мы ничего не имеем. Я с ней, кстати, тренировалась иногда, играла пару. И папа ее ко мне вполне нормально относится. Я понимаю Настю — Юрий эмоциональный человек, но, с другой стороны, это его дочка, хочется защищать ее. Лариса (Савченко — Прим. ред.) говорила, что когда мы играли с Машей, тоже была пара таких моментов — я упала, а он встал и начал хлопать. Но я не думаю, что это было направлено конкретно против меня. Скорее всего, он просто подбадривал Машу...She said that she has nothing against Maria and that they have trained and played doubles together. She also said that Yuri acts normally towards her, although he can get emotional during matches. She doesn't think that Yuri's clapping when she fell was directed at her, but rather aimed at Maria as encouragement

azmad_88
May 9th, 2006, 02:00 AM
vera :woohoo:..now beat petrova!!

slk45
May 9th, 2006, 02:34 AM
To the best of my recollection, Bepa never said anything bad about Maria :confused:. They played doubles together in 2004, and after the YEC business, Bepa didn't criticise the behaviour of Maria or Yuri. That's right. Vera was one of the few friends Maria had on the tour, according to the commentators at that time. (before Little Maria came along :) ). It was actually Nastya -- joined in by Lena D. -- who began the sniping at Maria, when they were suggesting she wasn't "really Russian." My own impression was they were playing mind games with Masha, ahead of the YEC. One of the catty remarks I recall from Myskina was that Maria's Russian was "coarse." But I also remember after the controversy started that Nastya said her remarks had been misreported and misinterpreted, and that she was going to apologize to Maria because they were "friends." And I don't think Lena was ever serious in her remarks. That was before the incident with Yuri at the YEC that caused Nastya to :fiery: and :shout:. Regardless, Vera never joined in on the catfight that I know of.

...from the interview (I think from early 2005): She said that she has nothing against Maria and that they have trained and played doubles together. She also said that Yuri acts normally towards her, although he can get emotional during matches. She doesn't think that Yuri's clapping when she fell was directed at her, but rather aimed at Maria as encouragement Now if Vera thinks Yuri "can get emotional during matches", you know he gets emotional. :lol: And I would confirm her observation. :angel:

And welcome to the rollercoaster, as Nick calls it. :bounce: :eek: :banghead: :bigcry: :bounce:

Solitaire
May 9th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Yea Bepa!!!!! :bounce: Seems like her game picked up in the last two sets. Vera is 1-1 vs Nadia and she won the last time they played. Bepa knows how to beat Nadia so lets keep our fingers crossed for an upset. :)

Shoulderpova
May 9th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Vera :clap2: :clap2:
this was a good win :)
now give Nadia a good fight. I wouldn't be sad if she beat Nadia :angel: :p

nick_chicane
May 9th, 2006, 06:35 AM
I think clay is probably Petrova's best surface so i think its gonna make it particularly harder for Vera to win today, especially as Petrova is playing so well, at the moment!

Its gonna be very tough, i fear!

Almalyk
May 9th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Well done Vera.
Thinking about Nadia vs Vera on clay reminds me of French Open 2003, when they squared off in the QF. What a match that was.

Put up a good fight tomorrow Vera, things are getting better, I can feel it.

Foot's Fingers
May 9th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Court 3 (from 11.00hrs)
1. Jans/Jugic-Salkic vs. Rodionova/Vanc
2. Panova vs. Medina Garrigues
3. Dushevina/Voskoboeva vs. T.Li/Sun
4. Tu/Zvonareva vs. Daniilidou/Medina Garrigues

Good Luck!!!

Foot's Fingers
May 9th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Vera :woohoo:

Very good win in 3 sets!!!

Nice to see her NOT fell apart after losing first set

Now Nadia

Still rememebr fighting in QF of RG 2003

Foot's Fingers
May 9th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Lena told me at Amelia Island they decided not to play together "for a while." :confused:
I thought about asking for more details, but decided not to.

:sad:

Foot's Fingers
May 9th, 2006, 07:44 AM
i am a little bit confused :confused:

was thinking that Vera is in good relationships with Masha S even Vera is closer to Nastya
they have good doubles run in Memphis i beleive

goldenlox
May 9th, 2006, 03:46 PM
This should be a good match

Epigone
May 9th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Bepa/Meilen lost 4-6 4-6 :sobbing:

From winning the title last year to this :help:

Bepa needs to find a top quality partner if Lena doesn't want to play with her anymore :o

nick_chicane
May 9th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Maybe Vera should see if Petrova would be interested. I think theyd make a good team! :)

Epigone
May 9th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Maybe Vera should see if Petrova would be interested. I think theyd make a good team! :)Yes!!!!! :cool:

That's the team that I've been wanting to see for a long time :o

slk45
May 10th, 2006, 01:27 AM
i am a little bit confused :confused:

was thinking that Vera is in good relationships with Masha S even Vera is closer to Nastya
they have good doubles run in Memphis i beleive
You're right, Vera is friends with both, and even moreso with Nastya.

Maria & Vera partnered in doubles at Memphis 2004, and made it to the finals, where they were defeated by Asa Svensson & Meilen Tu (!) 6-4, 7-6(0).

I didn't go to Memphis that year :mad: , because :hearts: Amanda :hearts: Coetzer :hearts: withdrew from the tournament 12 hours before I planned on leaving. :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: I almost went down anyway to see Bepa play, but I finally decided not to. So I missed Vera's first win there. :sad:

Epigone
May 10th, 2006, 05:50 AM
Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Steffi Graf Stadium (from 11.00hrs)
1. Groenfeld vs. Castaño
2. Zvonareva vs. Petrova (NB 12.30hrs)
3. Mauresmo vs. Dushevina
4. Henin-Hardenne vs. Santangelo
5. Ani vs. Schnyder

I have a good feeling about this match :tape:

Shoulderpova
May 10th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Bepa needs to find a top quality partner if Lena doesn't want to play with her anymore :o
Bepa should ask Amélie Mauresmo to play doubles with her since Molik is coming back to Sveta this year :tape: :o

Foot's Fingers
May 10th, 2006, 08:44 AM
in today match i will be on Vera's side

Even Nadia needs points for YEC and TOP 3 ranking, Vera needs this big win

Foot's Fingers
May 10th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Bepa should ask Amélie Mauresmo to play doubles with her since Molik is coming back to Sveta this year :tape: :o

Sveta back to Alicia :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

Mauresmo is not playing doubles regulary The same as Sveta deciedes to concentrate on singles

Vera likes doubles so don't think Momo suites her

Foot's Fingers
May 10th, 2006, 08:47 AM

As per "inside" info, it was Vera who suggest Lena not to play together for a time , may be large time

Beleive it's cos Tu is a friend of new Vera's coach :o

Sunny_Boy
May 10th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Im a bit late but congrats to Vera for beating Gisela!
A great win over a talented clay courter!
Next up Nadia, good luck!!

Epigone
May 10th, 2006, 11:01 AM
As per "inside" info, it was Vera who suggest Lena not to play together for a time , may be large timeThanks for this info ;)

Well, if Bepa suggested that to Lena, then she deserves these poor results :help:

Beleive it's cos Tu is a friend of new Vera's coach :oFrom Tu's profile...coached by Samuel Sumyk. Isn't he Bepa's coach? :scratch:

Bepa's profile still has her being coached by Lex, so I guess the profiles aren't kept current. Is that Sam guy coaching both of them (and it hasn't been updated), or is he just coaching Bepa? :shrug:

Foot's Fingers
May 10th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks for this info ;)

Well, if Bepa suggested that to Lena, then she deserves these poor results :help:

From Tu's profile...coached by Samuel Sumyk. Isn't he Bepa's coach? :scratch:

Bepa's profile still has her being coached by Lex, so I guess the profiles aren't kept current. Is that Sam guy coaching both of them (and it hasn't been updated), or is he just coaching Bepa? :shrug:

As i know Sam is coaching both - Vera and Tu , if i am right

Epigone
May 10th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Nadia d. Bepa 6-1 7-6(3) :sobbing:

Bepa really fought hard in the 2nd set (leading 5-4* and 6-5*), so I guess that's a positive :yeah:

Foot's Fingers
May 10th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Fisrt set as i wathced was totaly Nadia's domination even she was lucky smtms

In second Vera fights

Second set reminds me Vera's close fighting loses of 2004 against top 10 players

Foot's Fingers
May 10th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Berlin is over

Looking for Rome now

TheBoiledEgg
May 10th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Vera :sad: :(

2nd set, she played alot like she can......
she was over-powered in 1st set, she wasnt hitting cleanly herself and Nadia was just pouncing on the balls.

good luck Vera next week :) :)

goldenlox
May 10th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Vera can play really good tennis.
We all know that.
She has to keep competing, and she'll get there

Epigone
May 10th, 2006, 02:56 PM
She has to keep competing, and she'll get thereShe can start by dumping Tu and begging Lena to take her back :o

goldenlox
May 10th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Lena is about to retire. She needs a young partner, like Dinara

slk45
May 10th, 2006, 03:10 PM
BEPA!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :hug:
It looks like Bepa couldn't find her game at all until the 2nd set. She only won 5 pts on her serve in the 1st set, only 1 of those on her 2nd serve. She only had 1 DF in the 1st set, and 2 in the 2nd. Vera improved tremendously in the 2nd set, but she was still struggling to win pts on her 2nd serve. Nadia had just enough edge to avert a 3rd set.

Unfortunately, Vera loses 135 pts next week, and recovers only 25 here. So she is likely to drop down to the 60s. :sad:

Vera is presently working with Meilen's coach. Rome is the last tournament to get the kinks worked out before R-G and to regain those points. GO BEPA!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Epigone
May 10th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Lena is about to retire. She needs a young partner, like DinaraI'd like to see her finish out the year with Lena, and then find a new partner. They are a proven combination and I think that it would be silly to end things now :shrug:

nick_chicane
May 10th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Forget the 1st set, thats what happens when you have no confidence, it takes a while to get into the matches!

2nd set was really good, Vera should be very pleased with that considering how inform Petrova is, at the moment! Vera fought really hard and very much showed the fight spirit that got her into the top 10!

Big positive that match! I think Vera should be happy with todays match, once she got into it! :)

rrfnpump
May 10th, 2006, 06:58 PM
> Zvonareva v Dulko <
I was waiting the whole monday for this match and I had a very good feeling about it. But in the first set Gisela played really good and was hitting a lot of errors. Vera's game was not there yet, her shots were to short and especially her BH failed lots of times. Vera came back from 1-3 to 3-3 and in the long 7th game she had a chance to make it 4-3 in her favor, but she failed and some minutes later she had lost the first set. She first complained at 0-2 - she complained about the court, the crowd, her raqcuet... what I found interesting is that she sweared in english! You could always understand what she was saying to herself ("I cant believe I am soooo bad" or "so stupid, so stupid"). Meilen Tu and her coach was watching the match and I can confirm that there is no Lex any longer.
In the second set Vera broke early and she finally began to find her game whereas Dulko really started to make a lot of errors. Vera was in control of the match since then and sometimes played the tennis that brought her into Top10. But still the match was not that convincing, but it was a start.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/2698/img1715kc.th.jpg (http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/2698/img1715kc.jpg)

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2155/img1857wm.th.jpg (http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2155/img1857wm.jpg)

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2544/img1886pp.th.jpg (http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2544/img1886pp.jpg)

in doubles, both Meilen and Vera didnt play good tennis, but Vera still was the better player out there. Tu can play good doubles, but she did like 10 DF's. I doubt this team will have major success...

great Bepa pics here
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=234519

slk45
May 11th, 2006, 04:11 AM
(17 pictures of) Bepa v. (1 pic of) Gisela here:
http://akstra.de/germanopen/montag080506/index_3.htm

Good pix of Vera and 1 of a big racquet toss :)

Too bad there weren't some more of Gisela as well. She's worth a few clicks on the camera. ;) :kiss:

Foot's Fingers
May 11th, 2006, 07:18 AM
rrfnpump

Yr reports is so nice to read

Thnks

Foot's Fingers
May 11th, 2006, 07:42 AM
I like new outfit more then yellow one

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7616/verazberlin9uy.jpg

Solitaire
May 11th, 2006, 08:51 AM
^ Yea me too!

goldenlox
May 11th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Vera should play doubles with a friend. Vesnina and Anna C. train and play together, and you can see them both improving.
This sport has to be fun, then you do well.

daniela86
May 11th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Vera :sad: :sad: but it was a decent week all the same :yeah: Thanks a lot for the report Basti :kiss: :bowdown:

I'd like to see her finish out the year with Lena, and then find a new partner. They are a proven combination and I think that it would be silly to end things now :shrug:

Nastya/Vera were also a proven combination,they split around this time last year:o (when Vera became Lena's permanent partner) but since Vera/Lena did well, it wasn't a disaster or silly because Lena/Vera still managed to qualify for YEC.:bounce: :bounce: If she finds a good new partner,I think the same thing can happen to Vera this year too. I agree with GL and I think Safina can be an excellent new partner:D :worship: as she is a great doubles player and I think she and Vera get on well.:D
Btw, I also love Vera's outfit :yeah: :rocker: :D
Best of luck in Roma Vera!!! :kiss: :rocker: Vera has always done pretty well there,let's hope it will be the case this year too :bounce: Davaiiiiiii :bounce: :bounce:

Foot's Fingers
May 12th, 2006, 07:40 AM
now all in dreams abt Rome magis for Vera as last 2 years

azmad_88
May 12th, 2006, 09:12 AM
all the best next week

Epigone
May 13th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Rome draw
Peer in the 1st round, Sharapova in the 2nd round and then maybe Hantuchova or Stosur in the 3rd round

If she picks up from the 2nd set against Nadia, then it should be very interesting :cool:

rrfnpump
May 13th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Peer is about to win a title in Prague
will be a very tough opener :(

but I would love to see Vera v Masha :hearts:

Solitaire
May 13th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Peer is a tough cookie. I expect this match to be a rough battle.

goldenlox
May 13th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Very difficult draw, but you expect that at a Tier I.

rrfnpump
May 14th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Vera lost to the eventual champion in Berlin
and she had a very competitive second set against Nadya

now another champion this week - Peer.
will be a very tough battle, but I hope Vera will play on monday and will win
go Vera :)

goldenlox
May 14th, 2006, 05:05 PM
I remember when Vera used to practice with the U. of Maryland men's team.
That sounds like fun.
If Vera plays well, she can beat Peer. She can beat Sharapova too.

rrfnpump
May 14th, 2006, 06:52 PM
now that Sharapova has withdrawn, Vera's draw is pretty good if she can get past Peer. would be Dechy in second round and a winnable third round also

Epigone
May 14th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Things are are looking a bit better now...

Bepa should just look at what Nadia has managed to achieve by changing the way she thinks. It won't fix her game completely, but positive thinking will help her to win matches

nick_chicane
May 15th, 2006, 06:04 AM
If youve got a weak heart, avoid looking at the rankings! :eek:

Vera's slipped to 67th in the world! :sad:

Even her doubles ranking is starting to slide downward as well!

Foot's Fingers
May 15th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Go Vera!!!

You need yr ranking back !!!!

Don't want to see you in qualifiers :(

Foot's Fingers
May 15th, 2006, 08:26 AM
today:

Court 6 (from 13.00hrs)
1. Castaño vs. Dulko
2. Smashnova vs. Ani
3. Domachowska/Gagliardi vs. Safina/Vinci
4. Tu/Zvonareva vs. Peschke/Schiavone

Another try with Tu :rolleyes:

Epigone
May 15th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Peschke/Schiavone d. Tu/Zvonareva 6-4 6-4 :sobbing: :bigcry: :sad:

When will the madness stop? :o

pav
May 15th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Hand me a bunch of tissues! Is this all the doing of french bloody Sam,could he be related to Mary Pierce?. We should have chipped in a grand each(N.Z. money from me) to hire Basti to drag the bugger into a dark alleyway and give him a good Berlin beating:) but seriously this team is not going to rattle the doubles world's dags :(

Bloody Broncos:sad:

zvonareva14
May 15th, 2006, 08:13 PM
This week will prove just how much Vera wants things to turn wround and how much she cares. She already made a terrible choice when she agreed to play doubles with Tu who is no where near her in terms of potential. I don't care if it is because of them sharing a common coach. If Vera doesn't want to be like Dokic (which is so sad to think about because of all the talent she posseses) She needs to dump this coach I think and go back with Lex who was her coach in 2004 and was a great help to her. She needs to put everything she has into this first singles match becasue if she loses her ranking is going to start to plummit even more. We all need to say a praire for Vera! And just hope to god she turns things around, not in the near future, right now! :angel: :sad:

Epigone
May 16th, 2006, 07:45 AM
OOP for Tuesday
Court 5 (from 13.00hrs)
1. Zvonareva vs. Peer
2. Nakamura vs. Domachowska
3. Dementieva/Pennetta vs. Husarova/Peer
4. Likhovtseva/Myskina vs. Dechy/Groenefeld

Bepa made the Rome SF in 2004 and 2005, but they've still decided to chuck her out on Court 5? :rolleyes: :fiery:

Foot's Fingers
May 16th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Sarah won a title last week , so not easy for Vera

Hope Vera will play well and without collapse

Foot's Fingers
May 16th, 2006, 08:41 AM
H2H

Zvonareva leads 1-0
Rnk/Seed Year Event Surface Rnd Winner Score Rnk/Seed
24 / 1 2005 TOKYO (JAPAN OPEN) HARD (O) R16 V. ZVONAREVA 6-3 7-5 50 / --

Foot's Fingers
May 16th, 2006, 08:41 AM
it will be first match when Vera is ranking so low :(((

At least her wins will be over higher rankning players :devil:

Solitaire
May 16th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Bepa def has the game to def Peer but it's the lack of confidence and patience during the match that might decide the outcome.

Shoulderpova
May 16th, 2006, 08:59 AM
WTF Vera is the underdog? :rolleyes: :tape:

nick_chicane
May 16th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Not quite sure whats going on but the Craybas vs Medina Garrigues match has been moved to court 5 from court 3 and Vera's match doesnt seem to have started on any other court, i hope there isnt a problem! :eek:

nick_chicane
May 16th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Oh, the match has shown up at last, shes been moved to court 6!

Not a good start either, Peer is 3-0 up with 2 breaks of serve in the opening set! :sad:

Foot's Fingers
May 16th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Vera lost first set 1-6

Was 2 break lead in second 4-1 but borken ++4-2 now

Foot's Fingers
May 16th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Vera won second set 16 62 now

FS to come

Epigone
May 16th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Bepa d. Peer 1-6 6-2 6-0 :bigclap: :dance: :bounce: :worship: :banana: :bowdown:

What a crazy match :help:

The scoreboard wasn't showing Bepa's match until 0-3* in the 1st set :fiery:, and things were a little :unsure:. However, Bepa did a great job getting back into the match and then turning things around :worship:

rrfnpump
May 16th, 2006, 01:08 PM
I knew Bepa was going to win :D :)
gave us a big shock in first set, but then cruised as against Dulko
now big chance to finally win back-to-back matches again against Dechy

Vera :yeah: :hearts:

Shoulderpova
May 16th, 2006, 01:09 PM
perfect third set :worship: what she has to do now is to keep up that level of play :worship: she has great chance to beat slumping Dechy :bounce:
Go Vera :cool:

Foot's Fingers
May 16th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Vera :banana:

It would be nice match if no awful first set

Anyway, she won again in 3 sets after losing fisrt

Again not gave up

Nice!!! :kiss:

pav
May 16th, 2006, 01:11 PM
:) :bounce: sleep with no :sad: :wavey: well done Bepa

Foot's Fingers
May 16th, 2006, 01:12 PM
now Dechy next....well they have played together

and we all remember 2004 year when they played too ofteh against each other

Having different scores/results i just hope that Vera will beat her and will use an advanture of Sharapova's withdrawel

Solitaire
May 16th, 2006, 01:15 PM
What a nice win for Bepa!!!! Beating a player that's really hot is awesome. Hopefully she'll be able to back it up vs Dechy.

Foot's Fingers
May 16th, 2006, 01:16 PM
H2H

Zvonareva leads 5-1
11 / 6 2004 INDIAN WELLS HARD (O) R16 N. DECHY 2-6 6-2 6-2 28 / 19
14 / 4 2004 EASTBOURNE GRASS (O) R16 V. ZVONAREVA 6-1 3-6 6-3 27 / --
15 / 12 2004 SAN DIEGO HARD (O) R64 V. ZVONAREVA 6-4 7-6(5) 28 / 0
11 / 6 2004 MOSCOW CARPET (I) R32 V. ZVONAREVA 6-0 6-2 22 / --
11 / 4 2004 LINZ HARD (I) R16 V. ZVONAREVA 7-6(5) 6-4 22 / --
11 / 6 2004 PHILADELPHIA HARD (I) R16 V. ZVONAREVA 2-6 6-3 6-4 22 / --

Seems i remember all theirs matches (they were on TV and smtms following live scores)

Shoulderpova
May 16th, 2006, 01:19 PM
OMG didn't think Vera is holding so good record against Dechy :eek:
Vera should take this one again. Davai! :cool:

TheBoiledEgg
May 16th, 2006, 01:19 PM
good win Vera :woohoo: :D :)

she's got a good shot of winning again tomorrow
c'mon Vera, need the pts :) :D

goldenlox
May 16th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Vera got a break with this new draw.
Now can she take advantage of it?

nick_chicane
May 16th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Yeah, good win in the end, i would certainly fancy Vera's chances against Dechy! Dechy is almost in as bad form as Vera so its probably anyones game!

KV
May 16th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Apart from the first set Vera def. the in form S. Peer with an outstanding scoreline. :D Good luck vs. N. Dechy

paranoia0809
May 16th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Nice win over Peer! Congrats Vera!!!

Dechy isn't in superb form so Vera can win the second round too :bounce:

Epigone
May 16th, 2006, 09:54 PM
I was chatting with a fellow Bepa fan :angel: about super-coach Sam, and take a look at this (http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050923/asp/sports/story_5274876.asp) interview with Lena L from September last year: What are you doing to improve your singles record? Are you taking any special steps? I’ve been training with Samuel Sumyk for more than a year now. Not for every tournament, but mainly before the big meets. We complement each other well and he believes in me. I think his coaching and support will go a long way in improving my game.WTF!?

UDACHi
May 16th, 2006, 10:13 PM
:speakles: Nice win. :D

zvonareva14
May 16th, 2006, 11:39 PM
O thank the lord! Now if Vera can just beat Dechy, she will probably have stosur in the third round, as she upset Hantuchova earlier! Which is more good news for Vera! COME ON GO THE WHOLE WAY VERA!!!! :worship: :) :angel: :rolleyes: :lick:

azmad_88
May 16th, 2006, 11:47 PM
come on VERA!!

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I was chatting with a fellow Bepa fan :angel: about super-coach Sam, and take a look at this (http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050923/asp/sports/story_5274876.asp) interview with Lena L from September last year: WTF!?
[/left]

Epigone,

i was thinking you knew that fact

Yes Sam working with Lena but not always only if he comes with Tu for the same tournaments

It has happend before Vera started to work with him

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Go Vera!!!

Now draw is quite open
Use this chance

Epigone
May 17th, 2006, 09:11 AM
OOP for Wednesday
Court 5 (from 14.30hrs)
1. Stosur vs. Oprandi
2. Jugic-Salkic/Krizan vs. Santangelo/Washington
3. Zvonareva vs. Dechy

Dechy is 3-10 this year, so Bepa really should win this match :angel:

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 01:21 PM
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/9058/verazrome6na.jpg

against Peer

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 01:22 PM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8097/verazrome26wj.jpg

slk45
May 17th, 2006, 02:41 PM
:bounce: :bounce: Yesterday's win was a tremendous comeback for Vera, although the stats were a nightmare -- for both players.

It was great that Vera could keep her :cool: after that 1st set, and keep fighting as Peer's game unraveled. If she can keep that 1st serve % up and keep those points won high as well, she can cruise. C'monnnn, Vera, let's kick it up a notch!! :drive:

Great pictures of Bepa from Rome!

Petrova has withdrawn with a pectoral injury, and Lena D. got a w/o with Peng! Nastya was up 4-1 over Vinci but has let her back in at 4-4; the winner will face Kuznetsova. Safina is through, and Hingis will face the crowd favorite Schiavone. It's getting more interesting.

Gooooo BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Foot's Fingers
May 17th, 2006, 02:43 PM
i want to admit again that i like this light green outfit

Epigone
May 17th, 2006, 03:46 PM
The match has been moved to STADIUM NICOLA PIETRANGELI and is on the scoreboard now

Buckle up! :drive:

Epigone
May 17th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Bepa had *5-2 15-40, but won the next 4 points to take the 1st set 6-2 :clap2:

Epigone
May 17th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Bepa d. Dechy 6-2 6-2 :bigclap: :yippee: :worship: :clap2: :dance: :bowdown:

She won 21/23 points on her 1st serve and 12/17 points on her 2nd serve, gave Dechy just two BP chances, and wasn't broken :worship:

Epigone
May 17th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Bepa will face (Q) Romina Oprandi (ITA) in the 3rd round, after she d. Stosur 6-2 6-2 :eek:

The crowd will be against Bepa, but she held up very well against Schiavone last year, so it shouldn't be a problem :cool:

Things are looking pretty good :dance:

slk45
May 17th, 2006, 05:18 PM
:bowdown: EXCELLENT win by Bepa!!! :smooch: :woohoo: :rolls:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Look at these stats:
BEPA......................1st set...................2nd set
1st Serve % ............. 57% .................... 56%
Aces ........................ 1 ........................ 1
Pts on 1st ................ 83% ................... 100%
Pts on 2nd ............... 78% ..................... 63%
Recv Pts .................. 48% ..................... 50%
DF ........................... 1 ........................ 0
BP .......................... 2/3 ...................... 2/3
Total Pts ................. 29/46 ................... 29/46

A solid performance throughout. In the 1st set, Vera took the 1st point of each of Dechy's service games except maybe the opening game, which I missed, but Vera broke on that game anyway. After breaking Nathalie in the 5th game of the 2nd set to go up 3-2, Vera didn't look back...next game at love, another break, and then served it out in 5 pts. Match time 1 hour and 8 seconds.

Bepa has now recovered 42 pts, which should boost her back up to the mid-50s.

Next up is Italian qualifier Oprandi. Great opportunity here for Vera.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: GO BEPA!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

nick_chicane
May 17th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Wow, another win!! This is great, and to do it pretty comfortably too is even better!!

Well done Vera!! :)

paranoia0809
May 17th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Congrats Vera. Very nice win :bounce:

rrfnpump
May 17th, 2006, 05:42 PM
yay, Vera :kiss: :D :yeah:
solid and good win and finally two wins in a row again!
now against dangerous Romina :unsure:

go Vera :)

KV
May 17th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Bepa playing her best tennis in Rome. Well done :bounce: :D

tobi
May 17th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Vera :woohoo: :banana:

Couldnt keep my excitement :p

Now beat Romina please,It wont be easy,her favourite surface but u can win Bepa :kiss: :hug:

Last year too,she is producing good tennis in Rome :D

zvonareva14
May 17th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I'm so proud of Vera! She is really coming through when she absolutly needs to. And not just battling through but cruising! :music: :rocker2: :rocker:

daniela86
May 17th, 2006, 09:55 PM
The poster about me (can you tell me what's your name if it's not a secret:p ) is right, it's a real cruising :banana: :banana: Very good match Vera!! :kiss: :rocker: (she won 100% of pts on her first serve in the 2nd set :speakles: It deserves a lot of :worship: :worship: ) Hugeeee congrats :banana: :worship: I'm soo happy for her :hug: Good luck against Romina Oprandi now. Oprandi won 2 challengers on clay this month,is in confidence and plays in front of her home crowd, it can be a very tricky match but i'm optimistic :bounce::yippee: :yippee:After all clay is also Vera's fave surface! You can do it Bepa,gooo!!

Epigone
May 17th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Centrale (from 13.00hrs)
1. Oprandi vs. Zvonareva
2. Hingis vs. Schiavone
3. Safina vs. Clijsters
4. V.Williams vs. Schnyder (NB 20.30hrs)
5. Santangelo/Washington vs. Hantuchova/Sugiyama

No late night for me :banana:

Hopefully Bepa can stay focused and maintain her good play. She's lost just six games in her previous four sets :cool:

UDACHi
May 17th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Kill her. :devil:

Shoulderpova
May 18th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Vera:woohoo::woohoo:
Vera won 2 matches in a row :eek: I'm so so happy :hug: :smooch:
I don't see why she can't make it 3 in a row and even more :devil:
Vera, davai :smooch: :smooch: :smooch:

nick_chicane
May 18th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Her match is on Eurosport from 12pm UK Time, incase anyone is interested! :)

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Vera :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am so happy for her 2 wins in a row!!!

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2006, 06:48 AM
I saw her match against Dechy yesterday on ES 2 .....

Well.... have not seen such kind of Vera for ages Like an easy walk to third round :banana:

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Vera has a huge chance to use open draw and beat Romina now, then she can meet Sveta or Nastya.... But beat Oprandi firstly :rocker2:

azmad_88
May 18th, 2006, 08:21 AM
please beat oprandi...at least a QF!

rrfnpump
May 18th, 2006, 11:39 AM
(Q)Romina Oprandi (ITA) v Vera Zvonareva (RUS) 6-0 :speakles: :o

a bagel.....

Epigone
May 18th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Argh, tell me about it :o

It's a good thing that I'm not following this on TV :help:

Shoulderpova
May 18th, 2006, 11:58 AM
this is embarrassing :o

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Vera :help:

Can't watch this match anymore

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2006, 12:18 PM
now 6-0 5-1

Epigone
May 18th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Oprandi d. Bepa 6-0 6-1 :help:

I'll leave it to those who watched to comment on the match :tape:

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2006, 12:23 PM
no comments :tears:

even i have seen this match

Vera :help: * 1427873463873473435735437

totaly unexpectied after domination over Dechy

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2006, 12:24 PM
i havehad bad feeling from the moment when Vera have started to argue abt calls

rrfnpump
May 18th, 2006, 12:25 PM
ashaming, embarassing, pathetic

I am out of words for now. How the hell does Vera want to get back to where she was when she cant beat and overweight, injured italian qualifier?

one game won :tape:

slk45
May 18th, 2006, 12:35 PM
BEPA!!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Here is the description from the Tournament website:

Italian qualifier Romina Oprandi humiliated Russia's Vera Zvonareva on Thursday, moving into the quarter final with the loss of just one game.
Her 6-0 6-1 victory over the WTA number 40 is her fifth in a row in Rome and has already ensured a big jump in next week's rankings for the player, largely unheard of before this year's Alice Cup due to her lowly ranking just inside the world's top 150.
While clearly slower around the court than the top flight and looking overweight, Oprandi played with a remarkable combination of touch and power from the back court. She hit deep and with precision on both wings and won a host of points with heavily spun drop shots. She also successfully read the Russian's game, forcing her to scamper around the court under the baking Roman sun. Zvonareva aided her own demise with unforced errors and too many groundstrokes up the centre of the court.
Romina is being hailed as a discovery for Italy and is already being talked about as a future representative of her country, even if her Italian nationality is more technical than real: she is a passport holder but struggles to speak Italian as she has grown up a German-speaking Swiss.
The Foro Italico crowd will however overlook these details in her quarter final match against either Svetlana Kuznetsova or Anastasia Mysinka, respectively the number seven and number ten seeds.
Romina, who had treatment to a leg during her 3rd round match in order, she said, to prevent cramps, has yet to play as seed.

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2006, 01:44 PM
just don't want to think abt today's disaster

better to watch Vera against Dechy

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/2707/verazrome31vd.jpg

Foot's Fingers
May 18th, 2006, 01:45 PM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7882/verazrome48ri.jpg

i prefer green-stripped more

goldenlox
May 18th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Hard to believe. But if she can beat Dechy, Vera can still play quality tennis.
Now, she needs to find consistency

daniela86
May 18th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Vera :bigcry: :bigcry: I wonder what happened:sad: Maybe she underestimated her opponent :shrug: and thought she would win easily and was eventually surprised and upset :shrug: :sad:
Hope she'll play better and be more consistent in Paris! Good luck Vera!Let's forget what happened today and focus on French Open! :banana:

rrfnpump
May 18th, 2006, 03:27 PM
I think the problem was, Vera showed no variety at all. Her game didnt seem to work against Romina, but she couldnt play different. She tried to moonball and dropshot then in the end when it was too late. She should have done that earlier!

Where is the variety :(

paranoia0809
May 18th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I've seen the match on tv. Vera her tactical concept was not good. She didn't search the lines and forgot to let move her opponent who played many dropshots.

Poor match from Vera. But she will be back on RG for sure :bounce:

nick_chicane
May 18th, 2006, 05:11 PM
ashaming, embarassing, pathetic

I am out of words for now. How the hell does Vera want to get back to where she was when she cant beat and overweight, injured italian qualifier?

one game won :tape:

Oh come on, do you people really call yourselves Vera fans? Your all full of compliments and telling her how great she is when she wins, then when she loses, you turn on her and call her all the names under the sun!

Yes, it was rubbish! Anyone could see that! But do you really think Vera isnt bright enough to see that herself?

Comment like ashamed, embarrasing and pathetic are not needed, so if you arent willing to support her through thick and thin, keep your comments to yourself! :fiery:

Vera made the 3rd round, considering shes barely made it passed the 1st round this year, thats a big positive and she put in 2 pretty decent displays! Theres still alot to be happy with with Vera's week in Rome!

Were not gonna get everything we want in 1 week, Vera is still massively low on confidence so we will still have these poor losses for some time to come but the promising results of round 1 and 2 are something to be positive about! :)

paranoia0809
May 18th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Nick_chicane for president!!! :bounce: :)

rrfnpump
May 18th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Comment like ashamed, embarrasing and pathetic are not needed, so if you arent willing to support her through thick and thin, keep your comments to yourself! :fiery:

but it was :confused:

Vera made the 3rd round, considering shes barely made it passed the 1st round this year, thats a big positive and she put in 2 pretty decent displays! Theres still alot to be happy with with Vera's week in Rome!

she missed a big chance for more.

Were not gonna get everything we want in 1 week, Vera is still massively low on confidence so we will still have these poor losses for some time to come but the promising results of round 1 and 2 are something to be positive about! :)

I think we never had such a poor loss yet this year. I mean getting a bagel and a breadstick from a player outside Top100 :o

ok, I admit, I overreacted a bit. Still for me it was embarassing to say the least. She is soooo much better than this. Vera will always be my favourite player, but there is no need to lighten up losses like that in my opinion.

zvonareva14
May 18th, 2006, 08:05 PM
:shrug: I agree! After coming off two great wins over opponents ranked way ahead of her you would think she would have played a little bit better and grasped this oppurtunity. I'm not saying that we should beat her down about this lose but this is a message board and everybody is entitled to their own opinions. No one is saying these things because they are sick of Vera I think everyone here likes her so much that it just sucks when she loses matches like this and criticizing her is just one way of getting the frustration out. I just seriously hope she will realize she has to put this behind her and just forget about it going into the French. What's suppose to be her best surface! :sad: :(

UDACHi
May 18th, 2006, 09:38 PM
:speakles: :o

slk45
May 19th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I think we never had such a poor loss yet this year. I mean getting a bagel and a breadstick from a player outside Top100 :o
It will happen! A red hot unknown will come along and upset everyone's apple carts. No doubt the home crowd advantage helps.

Certainly Vera was embarrassed. I'm not. I commiserate with her. :hug: We know how she can lose focus, even when she's ahead, over a bad call or a bad shot. We can only guess what she was thinking after that first set. It's a lot easier to see what she "should have" done when you're up in the stands. But, as Z14 & D86 said, Vera "has to put this behind her and just forget about it going into the French."

And as GL put it, "if she can beat Dechy, Vera can still play quality tennis. Now, she needs to find consistency."

Control, confidence, consistency.

This is the 1st time since Auckland that Vera's gotten into the 3rd round. As Nick said, it won't all come together in a week.

zvonareva14
May 19th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Well put slk45! Lets just forget this lose and hope for the best at the French! Btw is Vera doing any of those smaller tournaments next week, b/c i think they would be a good idea. To help replenish some confidence and points and all

Foot's Fingers
May 19th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Waiting For Rg Draw Now

Foot's Fingers
May 19th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Waiting For Rg Draw Now

and she can meet Hingis again

and not even hingis but jhh kim momo schiavone petrova and plenty others in first rnd

rrfnpump
May 19th, 2006, 07:36 AM
and she can meet Hingis again

and not even hingis but jhh kim momo schiavone petrova and plenty others in first rnd

yes, I am also worried about that a bit.
but maybe she gets Arvidsson :) :p

we will just have to wait and see. What Vera now needs is a bit of luck with the draw - like Lena V at the Australian Open.

Good thing is after the FO Vera has literally nothing to defend till the end of the year which means she can rise the rankings again.

Foot's Fingers
May 19th, 2006, 08:47 AM
yes, I am also worried about that a bit.
but maybe she gets Arvidsson :) :p

we will just have to wait and see. What Vera now needs is a bit of luck with the draw - like Lena V at the Australian Open.

Good thing is after the FO Vera has literally nothing to defend till the end of the year which means she can rise the rankings again.

For example Romina oprandi from Italy...... All we would be happy if 3 days ago somebody suggest such kind of draw for Vera :devil:

rrfnpump
May 19th, 2006, 08:55 AM
For example Romina oprandi from Italy...... All we would be happy if 3 days ago somebody suggest such kind of draw for Vera :devil:

very true, yes!
and thats why I am so upset about this loss. I mean, things were really looking good after beating Dechy and I thought she might have a chance against Kuznetsova in quarters and then she comes up losing 06 16 to Oprandi...

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/5828e905-3b8e-4b6b-a0e9-f8709768f967.jpg
Vera, dont blame the racquet :o :p

nick_chicane
May 19th, 2006, 11:50 AM

You dont think her self destructing defeat at the US Open against Dementieva was worse? I do! Now that was a match to be embarrased about cause she acted like a spoiled kid and threw away a very winnable situation.

Nowadays, Vera is in a much different situation, she isnt a top 20 player anymore, she isnt anywhere near the top of the rankings! Shes 64th in the world with pretty much no confidence in her game at all! 6/0 6/1 defeats are gonna happen when your so low in confidence! Vera was considered the favourite for her match yesterday and i think that was a contributing fact to why she played so poorly!

She has no confidence and for her to be seen as the favourite to win piles on the pressure for her to get the result! Against Dechy and Peer, i think both those players were considered to be the favourites to win, meaning Vera could relax!

Until she regains some real confidence, you will see situations where she will crumble against very lowly ranked players.

slk45
May 19th, 2006, 05:46 PM
From the story at:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-italianopen&prov=ap&type=lgns
Kuznetsova ends Italian qualifier's run in Rome
"The 133rd-ranked Oprandi had won 15 straight matches -- 10 in two ITF Women's Circuit tournament victories, two in qualifying here, and three in the main draw -- before Kuznetsova broke the Swiss-born Italian's streak.

"She has a very good game. I just stuck in the match. I had to play my best," said Kuznetsova, the 2004 U.S. Open winner."

Obviously, we wish that headline had Vera's name in it, but we can see that Oprandi's rank of #133 wasn't the whole story.

slk45
May 19th, 2006, 05:50 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/5828e905-3b8e-4b6b-a0e9-f8709768f967.jpg
Vera, dont blame the racquet :o :pI rather like this photo. It's certainly much better than seeing the racquet sail across the court. :)

Epigone
May 19th, 2006, 09:09 PM
I rather like this photo. It's certainly much better than seeing the racquet sail across the court. :)That's often the look she gives before the racquet is smashed into the ground ;)

slk45
May 19th, 2006, 10:06 PM
That's often the look she gives before the racquet is smashed into the ground ;) :lol:

goldenlox
May 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Last summer, Sveta was very unhappy. She had injuries, and she wasn't playing well.
She kept working with her coaches, and now she's playing much better.

Vera can do that also. She can get her good form back.

It takes hard work and focus. Vera can do it.

Epigone
May 20th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Last summer, Sveta was very unhappy. She had injuries, and she wasn't playing well.
She kept working with her coaches, and now she's playing much better.

Vera can do that also. She can get her good form back.

It takes hard work and focus. Vera can do it.Sveta's coaches didn't suggest that playing doubles with Tu was a good idea :retard:. If she's her partner for the French Open, then :help:. She needs to get some good advice from someone.

Other than that, I agree that she can get her game back if she's prepared to make the effort :yeah:

nick_chicane
May 21st, 2006, 10:54 AM
If Vera looked at me with that same look shes giving that racquet, i think i'd run and hide! :lol:

zvonareva14
May 22nd, 2006, 12:25 AM
Vera should have done one of these tune up tournaments it would be a great way for her to recover some points and the draws are wide open. :confused:

russophile
May 22nd, 2006, 08:36 AM
well i miss her. only seen her on tv during AO against Hingis

goldenlox
May 22nd, 2006, 02:31 PM
There's no point playing a Tier IV right before a major.
Vera can make more money in the FO doubles draw.

If she gets a good early draw in singles, she might do something

Foot's Fingers
May 22nd, 2006, 02:41 PM
There's no point playing a Tier IV right before a major.
Vera can make more money in the FO doubles draw.

If she gets a good early draw in singles, she might do something

With Tu?????????? i am in doubts

goldenlox
May 22nd, 2006, 02:48 PM
I'm thinking mixed also.

Epigone
May 22nd, 2006, 03:37 PM
well i miss her. only seen her on tv during AO against HingisI've only seen her play Sydney and the Australian Open :sad:

It sux :sobbing:

Epigone
May 22nd, 2006, 03:42 PM
With Tu?????????? i am in doubtsExactly. I thought she had a shot at GS titles in doubles with Lena, but with Tu...:help:

I'm thinking mixed also.Will Bob Bryan play with her, or will he try to find another partner? I think that Hingis is taken, but there are quite a few other players who are currently playing better doubles than Bepa :o

rrfnpump
May 22nd, 2006, 03:43 PM
I hope Vera doesnt choose Bob Bryan again
he is not worth it :p

Meilen Tu is actually not that a bad doubles players, but when I watched their match in Berlin there was something missing in their game. It was just unspectacular.

goldenlox
May 22nd, 2006, 03:45 PM
I want the players to make a lot of money, but it has to be fun also.
If Vera enjoys playing with Tu, then that is the most important thing.

They share the same coach, so they probably are friends.

rrfnpump
May 22nd, 2006, 03:47 PM
Meilen was watching Vera's match against Dulko and Vera was always complaining in her direction :angel: Meilen cheered for Vera though.

I think they both get along with each other pretty well.

but still I dont understand why Vera was swearing in english on court :o

Epigone
May 22nd, 2006, 04:05 PM
Meilen was watching Vera's match against Dulko and Vera was always complaining in her direction :angel: Meilen cheered for Vera though.

I think they both get along with each other pretty well.I just wish that she would partner a friend who will bring out the best in her :sad:

but still I dont understand why Vera was swearing in english on court :oArgh, tell me about it :o. I think that she sounded kinda American :bolt:

Foot's Fingers
May 23rd, 2006, 12:26 PM
I just wish that she would partner a friend who will bring out the best in her :sad:

Argh, tell me about it :o. I think that she sounded kinda American :bolt:

as i see her (last (oprandi) or previous one (Dechy)) - most probably vs Oprandi match when she was argueing with umpire - she sounds VERY american :rolleyes:

Epigone
May 23rd, 2006, 01:19 PM
as i see her (last (oprandi) or previous one (Dechy)) - most probably vs Oprandi match when she was argueing with umpire - she sounds VERY american :rolleyes::rolls:

I also thought that she sounded very American, but I was trying to be kind :tape: :angel:

I guess it's understandable given the amount of time she has spent training there, but I don't think it suits her :o

goldenlox
May 23rd, 2006, 02:39 PM
I don't see any problem with Vera playing doubles with any friend she wants to.

I'm just thinking about Beijing. Vera just missed going to Athens, and in 2008, the singles cutoff for Russian women will be around #8 in the world.
Very difficult.
So for Vera to make the Russian Olympic team, she needs a good Russian doubles partner, and they need good results before the summer of 2008.

Other wise, I think you should play doubles with a friend.

Epigone
May 23rd, 2006, 08:58 PM
I don't see any problem with Vera playing doubles with any friend she wants to.I wanted her to play doubles to improve her singles game (and because I just like doubles :p), and you wanted her to play doubles to make $$$. Playing with Tu hardly achieves either of those goals.

In Sveta and Lena L, Bepa has two top doubles players as friends, yet she has decided to play with Tu :shrug:

pav
May 24th, 2006, 08:15 AM
[QUOTE=Epigone]:rolls:

I also thought that she sounded very American, but I was trying to be kind :tape: :angel:

The commentators in auckland remarked she had an american twang, does all this mean it is only a matter of time before an umpire gets called a "Goddamn c**ksucking sonabitch":eek: It wasn't that long ago I read an article calling her perhaps the most "Russian" of the Russians. the little brat should at least have the brains to swear in russian.

slk45
May 24th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I have spoken with Vera several times (5 times this year at Amelia Island, plus numerous times at Memphis and San Diego last year) and I have not noticed any "American" tones to her speech. I still hear the Russian accents in her speech. Unlike, say, Masha, who definitely has picked up American speech habits...but there too is a hint of accent.

Of course, I have not heard Vera swearing in English (and certainly don't want to be on the receiving end) :) .

But it seems that most of the non-American girls swear in English. Which is curious. Maybe there's nothing to match Anglo-Saxon for emphasis, tho' for tone it's hard to beat Russian or German!

Solitaire
May 25th, 2006, 05:02 AM
I've heard Vera speak and her english has an American "twang" to it. She still speaks with a Russian accent of course. Vera kind of sounds like a Russian who went to college in the US for tennis. Her english is awesome.

slk45
May 26th, 2006, 04:39 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by an 'American' twang. I've heard a Texas twang. But I haven't discerned any 'twang' in Vera's speech. She does, as you say, speak excellent English. But to me there is only her Russian accent, which is not pronounced.

Once in North Carolina a woman on a bus said to me, after asking me a question, "You must be from the nawth." I said, "yes, how do you know?" She replied, "Ah can tell by your AC-cent." Which made me laugh. To me she was the one with the accent. Most people would say we Iowans have no accent, or a flat accent. A Pennsylvania girl once told me that when I speak, I "tuck in" the ends of the words. I still don't know what that means.

North Carolinians will tell you they speak the King's English, "as it is meant to be spoken." I suspect Britishers would disagree. The NC King's English is certainly different from that spoken by Jamaicans, which strikes me as probably more genuine in that regard.

If Vera sounds like a Russian "who went to college in the US for tennis," it is at least evident it wasn't a college in California. (you know).

All I can say is, to these Midwestern ears she sounds like a Russian speaking excellent English. :kiss:

Solitaire
May 26th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Well u can tell the difference between people who've learned English from Brits or Americans. So along with their native accent they have the undertone accent. I've heard this many times. So I would categorize Vera's English as having an American "twang"/undertone. :p

rrfnpump
May 26th, 2006, 06:35 AM
I am back from the ARAG World Team Cup and I brought some Vera news with me :p
I was chasing Bob Bryan there to ask him if he would team up with Vera at the French Open. The Bryans were everywhere there and it was not hard to find them, but the problem was when they were in public without a tennis racquet I couldnt tell who is who :o But then they practiced on a court where nobody except me and some others were watching. After practice I pretended to want an autograph and when Bob signed I asked "Hey Bob, will you play mixed with Vera at Roland Garros?. He looked at me a bit surprised but then came up with a cheesy smile "No, I think I am going to play with Martina!". I was asking then if he had asked her first this time, but he said that she asked him and he couldnt say no to Martina. In my mind I was like "Oh yeah, Bob, and I am the pope :o".

so it seems no Bryan/Zvonareva this time and it makes me wonder if Vera even plays mixed.

Also, in the thread of the estonian players here there are rumors that Maret Ani will play with Meilen Tu. :p
so we will get a surprise

Foot's Fingers
May 26th, 2006, 07:13 AM
I am back from the ARAG World Team Cup and I brought some Vera news with me :p
I was chasing Bob Bryan there to ask him if he would team up with Vera at the French Open. The Bryans were everywhere there and it was not hard to find them, but the problem was when they were in public without a tennis racquet I couldnt tell who is who :o But then they practiced on a court where nobody except me and some others were watching. After practice I pretended to want an autograph and when Bob signed I asked "Hey Bob, will you play mixed with Vera at Roland Garros?. He looked at me a bit surprised but then came up with a cheesy smile "No, I think I am going to play with Martina!". I was asking then if he had asked her first this time, but he said that she asked him and he couldnt say no to Martina. In my mind I was like "Oh yeah, Bob, and I am the pope :o".

so it seems no Bryan/Zvonareva this time and it makes me wonder if Vera even plays mixed.

Also, in the thread of the estonian players here there are rumors that Maret Ani will play with Meilen Tu. :p
so we will get a surprise

ohhh yes yes yes yes yes Ani/Tu for doubles pls!!!!

Don't know with whom Vera will play....Back to Lena? is Myskina now playing seriously doubles at GS???? or again Nana...... Cos seems Myskina/Safina were not succesful

Thinking abt triangle Myskina-Vera-Lena L

PS : Let;s Bob/Martina lost to Vera's team in mixed if any. Bob: :ras: :nerner:

pav
May 26th, 2006, 07:36 AM
"Oh yeah, Bob, and I am the pope :o".

I'm don't want to sound at all childish but : Frig bloody hingis loving cheesy smiling dicky licking traitorous Bepa deserting damn Bob:fiery:

rrfnpump
May 26th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I'm don't want to sound at all childish but : Frig bloody hingis loving cheesy smiling dicky licking traitorous Bepa deserting damn Bob:fiery:

I was thinking something similar when Bob told me he plays with Hingis
and he seemed really proud of it with his big big smile :o

now I want sth like Bhupathi/Zvonareva :devil:

Foot's Fingers
May 26th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Vera drwas smbd seeded as per live draw

Epigone
May 26th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Vera drwas smbd seeded as per live drawIt's Dinara :fiery:

Foot's Fingers
May 26th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Safina in first rnd :rolleyes:

pav
May 26th, 2006, 10:05 AM
I bet Bepa never wins much at Lotto :fiery:

rrfnpump
May 26th, 2006, 10:18 AM
I am optimistic ;)
its not like its mission impossible
Vera beat her before

pav
May 26th, 2006, 10:24 AM
I am optimistic ;)
its not like its mission impossible
Vera beat her before

That's the attitude,we will think positive:) can't even send you a good rep have to spread them around(shows what a miserable prick I am) still like to kick Bob in the balls:fiery:

Shoulderpova
May 26th, 2006, 10:30 AM
it sucks. really :(

rrfnpump
May 26th, 2006, 10:51 AM
That's the attitude,we will think positive:) can't even send you a good rep have to spread them around(shows what a miserable prick I am) still like to kick Bob in the balls:fiery:

he got what he deserves ;)
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6191/img0292la.th.jpg (http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6191/img0292la.jpg)

H2H Zvonareva v Safina 1 - 2
65 / -- 2002 SOPOT CLAY (O) S D. SAFINA 6-3 6-2 169 / --
14 / 8 2004 ROME CLAY (O) R32 V. ZVONAREVA 1-6 6-4 6-2 33 / --
47 / -- 2006 Charleston Clay (O) R32 D. SAFINA 7-5 7-5

if Vera gets past Dinara she has a good draw
I dont want her to lose in first round of a GS :(

nick_chicane
May 26th, 2006, 11:00 AM
God, what a nightmare draw, Vera just seems to draw all the players that are playing really well at the moment!! :sad:

Very disappointing, we really need abit more luck than this!

paranoia0809
May 26th, 2006, 11:59 AM
What a disappointing draw for Vera :(

But if she has enough confidence maybe she can beat Dinara and then I think a QF is possible :angel:

Epigone
May 26th, 2006, 12:10 PM
I'm very optimistic about this match :dance:

Bepa was leading Dinara 4-1* in the 2nd set of their last match before throwing it away :help:, so she is more than capable of winning :cool:

TheBoiledEgg
May 26th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Vera vs Dinara ............ :fiery: :( :(

Foot's Fingers
May 26th, 2006, 12:29 PM
hate this draw

but think all depends on Dinara
Yes she plays good in Rome
But check Safina's GS record Best results are when she was not seeded She stiil can't play as favorite on GS
If she managed to then she win if not Vera will win

Vera need always push Dinara

goldenlox
May 26th, 2006, 03:28 PM
If Vera was playing well, I would consider this a great draw.
But she has to play very well in round 1.

Foot's Fingers
May 26th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Sunday Order of Play:

CHATRIER Début à 11:00

1. Simple Dames - 1er Tour.
Vera Zvonareva (RUS) vs Dinara Safina (RUS)[14]

So Vera will start RG 2006

Harju.
May 26th, 2006, 04:37 PM
What a draw for Bepa. Now everyone needs to start to take out the voodoo doll and start chanting for a miracle. ;)

zvonareva14
May 26th, 2006, 08:18 PM
This could be the breakthrough tournament Vera needs this year if she can just get past Safina (who can't move side to side for the life of her!) She has a wide open draw until the quarters....That's if Vera can stay focused and realize what an oppurtunity she has. :rolleyes:

Epigone
May 27th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Bepa is starting so soon? :eek:

She needs to use her superior mobility to her advantage and remain patient. Gotta get Dinara moving from corner to corner, rather than hitting straight up the middle :o

There's a GM poll called Who Will Have The Dubious Honor Of Being 1st Player Ever Eliminated Sunday of A GS? (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=238318)

Guess who has almost 50% of the votes :rolleyes:

Bepa will prove them wrong :cool:

Solitaire
May 27th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Vera has the game to take out Safina. She just needs to keep her head together.

Epigone
May 27th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Stop everything you're doing and go here (http://www.zvonareva.ru/media/video/en)

There is a video of Bepa :singer: :D :woohoo:

rrfnpump
May 27th, 2006, 01:41 PM
OMG how cute is that :inlove: :lol: :hearts:
thank you for this link!!

goldenlox
May 27th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Dinara is #10 in 2006 points.
Vera is about #45.

Vera has been underachieving for over a year now,
but if she beats Dinara, she can go a long, long way with this draw

Epigone
May 27th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Dinara is #10 in 2006 points.
Vera is about #45.But Bepa sounds better when they go to karaoke bars :singer:
Vera has been underachieving for over a year now,
but if she beats Dinara, she can go a long, long way with this drawIf she believes in herself, then I think she can go far :)

goldenlox
May 27th, 2006, 04:00 PM
This is the section to be in. Get past Dinara, and who knows

slk45
May 27th, 2006, 06:18 PM
C'monnn Vera! We know you can do it!!! :hug:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GO BEPA!!!

slk45
May 27th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Stop everything you're doing and go here (http://www.zvonareva.ru/media/video/en)
There is a video of Bepa :singer: :D :woohoo: :yeah: I just listened to Bepa.. I love it. Too bad they don't have the whole song. Doesn't Bepa sound a bit like Marlene Dietrich? Her voice is not quite as deep, but..... :p
Of course, you are all probably too young to have heard her, and I barely remember her.

Maybe Bepa can do American Idol in her spare time. If Simon doesn't like her, she can give him the what-for. :lol:

btw, the new Vera site has an excellent flash intro.

pav
May 27th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I can't get Bepa singing to play, Boo hoo Waaah:sad:

slk45
May 27th, 2006, 09:44 PM
You need to download something to extract a .rar file so you can play it. :wavey:

andrewbroad
May 27th, 2006, 10:01 PM
For digital viewers in the UK (with at least a Freeview box), there will be live and uninterrupted coverage of the French Open on BBCi (Freeview-channel 301 or 302), starting at 10:00 BST every day.

BBCi had better damb well televise Court Chatrier on Sunday, and put the "vera" back in "coverage"!

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/)

paranoia0809
May 27th, 2006, 10:06 PM

There is a video of Bepa :singer: :D :woohoo:

Mmmmm, good looking site :)

Epigone
May 28th, 2006, 12:33 AM
I can't get Bepa singing to play, Boo hoo Waaah:sad:I've extracted the file and uploaded it here (http://rapidshare.de/files/21564632/06-05-13_20-48.3gp.html) for you :p

azmad_88
May 28th, 2006, 07:34 AM
the last time they played at Charleston was a close match..5-7 5-7 vera lost..

i hope she can avenge that loss

pav
May 28th, 2006, 08:46 AM
I've extracted the file and uploaded it here (http://rapidshare.de/files/21564632/06-05-13_20-48.3gp.html) for you :p

Thanks but get to here and having trouble(I'm not a dumb Bastard)
Choose your upload data-path to RapidShare: Upload-network CG Upload-network L3
has a box underneath

rrfnpump
May 28th, 2006, 09:55 AM
(14)Dinara Safina (RUS) v Vera Zvonareva (RUS) 6-3

Vera started slow, but then played really good tennis to make it 3-3
and then completely lost the plot...
complaining, changing racquets and making error after error

disappointing after she played some good shots to make it 3-3
fight, Vera :(

Epigone
May 28th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks but get to here and having trouble(I'm not a dumb Bastard)
Choose your upload data-path to RapidShare: Upload-network CG Upload-network L3
has a box underneathOkay, I've put it on MEGAUPLOAD (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q6FUD8T3) as well, so maybe that will work better :p

azmad_88
May 28th, 2006, 10:44 AM
vera down 3-6 5-5 15-40 ....:sad:

azmad_88
May 28th, 2006, 10:45 AM
3-6 5-6*

safina serving for the match for the second time...

rrfnpump
May 28th, 2006, 10:49 AM
(14)Dinara Safina (RUS) d. Vera Zvonareva (RUS) 63 75

its not right that Vera loses in first round of RG
she somehow needs to get into the Top32 seedings soon
now two times lost in first round of major

still doubles and mixed

handshake was very cold

Solitaire
May 28th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Sloppy match from both girls. Poor Vera! :sad:

nick_chicane
May 28th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Tough 1st round match, its just the way its going right now! :sad:

Epigone
May 28th, 2006, 11:22 AM
:sobbing:

She should use this loss as a chance to think about what she really wants

It's gonna take a lot of hard work to get back into the top 10, so she has to decide whether or not she wants to make the effort

Sure, she was unlucky with the draw here and at the AO, but consistent play over the past year would have meant a seeding here and she could have avoided an early exit

Now we get to look forward to her playing doubles with Tu :o, and I'm much less optimistic than I was when she began her AO doubles campaign with Lena L. Then there's the question of her mixed doubles partner...

Bepa, please pull yourself together and get back to where you belong :sad: :hug:

pav
May 28th, 2006, 12:16 PM
She looked good at times,I think the whole match was decided by the 1st serve %,if Bepa had a better% she would have been right in there. Did my eyes deceive me, or did Bepa walk off with a smile and a wave to the crowd?
got the vid. that time Epi. thanks she looks and sounds the part, should be good at singing the blues :)

Harju.
May 28th, 2006, 04:30 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060528/capt.04e8965b10b34002bd106964ae83246f.france_frenc h_open_tennis_rog105.jpg

:bigcry:. *be patient* Bepa really needs to work her ass off if she wants to get back to Top 20. But her court antics were really cute today. Bad draw for her, really. Dina is on fire today and has been playing really well this season. Now, let's hope that she can play more than one match in double too. :o

slk45
May 28th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Following on the net, Vera seemed to play a pretty good match once she got half-way through the 1st set. The 2nd set stats show 11 winners to 12 UE and only 1 DF. Safina only had 3 more pts in the 2nd set, but they were critical. The 7th game was a crucial loss.

The main problem in the 2nd set versus Safina was her 2nd serve % - only won 5 of 17 pts or 29%. She won 17 of 34 receiving pts, while Safina got 20 of 39 receiving pts; the 3 pt difference here was the difference in the final result of this set. It would have helped if Vera had gotten more 1st serves in as she was winning 55% of her 1st serve points, versus Safina's 52%. Dinara's 1st serve %-age was 68% vs Vera's 56%. Safina was able to just get the edge to get those 3 very important points.

Unfortunate draw was not outweighed by "pretty good" play. You made it a good fight, Bepa. :hug: Keep at it and you'll be back up where you belong. :smooch: GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce:

UDACHi
May 28th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Sounds like she played good. Shit draw, but I guess that's what happens when you're ranked this low. :(

The ywllow outfit is cute. :hearts:

nick_chicane
May 28th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Another thing i found interesting about the match was she seemed to be yelling at herself in English today, seemed quite odd.

paranoia0809
May 28th, 2006, 08:59 PM
I found that Vera played better tennis than Dinara, but Vera misses a good first serve. I think Vera should have to work on its serves rather than on her backgroundstrokes.

Epigone
May 28th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Another thing i found interesting about the match was she seemed to be yelling at herself in English today, seemed quite odd.She does that quite often :shrug:

I think I made a post about her berating herself in English in one of her matches in Sydney (can't remember the year :o). She was saying something about not being good enough :sad:

zvonareva14
May 28th, 2006, 10:04 PM
This is honestly unbelievable...her best surface....a tournament where she has had such good results in the past....It's just so sad to see Vera going out in the first round of majors when 2 or 3 years ago she was consistently making the 4th round i just hope vera can find a way to get back to her old self this is starting to be too much. I mean as a fan it hurts so much i can only imagine how vera feels... :sad: :bigcry: :tears: :sobbing: :crying2:

Foot's Fingers
May 29th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Vera :hug:

Smtms she playied great (when was 0-3 down in first set) Smtms error after error (she said as usual to herself) Being nervous but not crying

When Safina becomes to make more errors in second set Vera have not used this fact

Good sign - she qs figting esp when Safina was serving for match

Foot's Fingers
May 29th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Red hot Russian Dinara Safina opened the tournament with an impressive 6-3 7-5 victory over compatriot Vera Zvonareva, while playing at the same time on Court Suzanne Lenglen, France's Marion Bartoli, the 25th seed, drilled fellow Frenchwoman Aurelie Vedy 6-1 6-0.

Safina, who reached the final of Rome two weeks ago, looked fit and spry in taking down Zvonareva. The younger sister of former No1 Marat, she may be finally hitting her stride.

"I'm starting to be a little more calm this year, and a little more knowing what I'm doing on the court," Safina said. "I'm trying to play really focused from the first point to when I shake hands. Maybe now with the new coach (Glenn Schapp), we are working more on my weapons. So now I know what can I do. I'm just working every day hard on it."

Hope that one day i will listen to Vera with this words

And hope to see Vera going far in GS again

azmad_88
May 29th, 2006, 07:38 AM
i watched it...and i thought ..if she would have gotten a player like whoever bartoli beat..she would be in the 2nd round...just unlucky draw for her at AO and RG...play well in the upcoming tournaments vera!

Epigone
May 29th, 2006, 12:24 PM
There is a link to the MP in this (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=8152732&postcount=31) post

Is it just me, or did Bepa try to put the towel in front of her face to hide from the camera? :o

It's weird to see her with a Prince bag, and she's looking like she did back in 2002 :awww:

nick_chicane
May 29th, 2006, 01:31 PM
She does that quite often :shrug:

I think I made a post about her berating herself in English in one of her matches in Sydney (can't remember the year :o). She was saying something about not being good enough :sad:

It just seems odd that she would chat to herself in English, in general, the player always moans to themself in their own language as they dont want people to know what their saying, why would Vera want us to know what shes thinking? Is she looking for sympathy? :confused:

Foot's Fingers
May 29th, 2006, 01:35 PM
There is a link to the MP in this (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=8152732&postcount=31) post

Is it just me, or did Bepa try to put the towel in front of her face to hide from the camera? :o

It's weird to see her with a Prince bag, and she's looking like she did back in 2002 :awww:

i have the same feeling

Solitaire
May 29th, 2006, 01:38 PM
I think Vera is turning into a dubs specialist. :sad: She's soooo much better than that. All her recent wins have come in dubs rather than singles and even the dubs results aren't that great.

Epigone
May 29th, 2006, 02:38 PM
It just seems odd that she would chat to herself in English, in general, the player always moans to themself in their own language as they dont want people to know what their saying, why would Vera want us to know what shes thinking? Is she looking for sympathy? :confused:She might be doing it to vent to her coach :shrug:, but I know people with English as a 2nd or 3rd language who swear in English or switch between languages when chatting with their multilingual friends. I just think she doesn't care if people can hear her...

Epigone
May 29th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I think Vera is turning into a dubs specialist. :sad: She's soooo much better than that. All her recent wins have come in dubs rather than singles and even the dubs results aren't that great.I fear that she will start to lose early in doubles as well if she doesn't find a more suitable partner :sad:

Foot's Fingers
May 29th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Doubles draw is not announced yet but just see what i have found:

Nathalie Dechy

France

Best Singles Performance: 3rd Round (1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005)
Best Doubles Performance: Quarter Finalist (2000, 2003)
Events Entered: Women's Singles
Women's Doubles
(with Vera Zvonareva)

So Dechy/Zvonareva for doubles

At least much better that with Tu

Epigone
May 29th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Good detective work :worship:

Now I'm feeling more positive :D, but we'll still have to wait and see what she decides to do after RG

I mean, she's gonna be forced to play qualifying pretty soon, so I wonder if that will influence which tournaments she plays and the partner/s she chooses :shrug:

rrfnpump
May 29th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Dechy is not a bad choice
but not much better than Tu

we just have to wait and see!

Foot's Fingers
May 30th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Vera's doubles draw section:

Elena Dementieva RUS (9)
Flavia Pennetta ITA (9)
vs.
Maria Elena Camerin ITA
Tathiana Garbin ITA

Julie Coin FRA
Youlia Fedossova FRA
vs.
Maret Ani EST
Meilen Tu USA

Nathalie Dechy FRA
Vera Zvonareva RUS
vs.
Akiko Morigami JPN
Aiko Nakamura JPN

Emmanuelle Gagliardi SUI
Mara Santangelo ITA
vs.
Shinobu Asagoe JPN (6)
Katarina Srebotnik SLO (6)

Foot's Fingers
May 30th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Dechy is not a bad choice
but not much better than Tu

we just have to wait and see!

Can't agree with you

i see once Dechy plaing doubles with Bovina Quite good Of cos not top doubles player and not often playing but better then Tu at least

And another thing to add May be it's just rumors, but between Schnyder and Zvonareva, Dechy deciedes to play with Vera So partner beleive in Vera :angel:

nick_chicane
May 30th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Ive never really seen Dechy play doubles before, so cant really judge!

Hopefully, it will be a good choice! :)

rrfnpump
May 30th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Apparently it seems that Bob Bryan will partner Martina Navratilova and not Martina Hingis (a Navi-fan said she asked him and he said yes). That would explain why he said she asked him! I didnt wast a signle thought on him playing with Navi; for me it was crystal clear he means Hingis.
Well, Bob, if this is true, you are not only a traitor, but a stupid one :o
playing with the granny :rolls:

you will miss Bepa on your side :angel:

I saw Dechy playing doubles in Berlin with Cara Black and she was not bad, but also not impressive....
ok, Zhenya, I agree, she is better than Tu :)

Foot's Fingers
May 30th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Bob and Navi :eek:

:haha: when smbdy say playing mixed with Martina - i will thinking abt Hingis first (if it is not Paes or another Tennis GrandDad )

Now i want GrandPa Bob to lose to Vera's team even more