PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

KV
Mar 24th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Booked important win vs. Vera D. A few weeks back Vera Z. would have lost. Hopefully it's the turning point for Vera Z. Now vs. Sveta, Vera's nothing to lose.

Epigone
Mar 24th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Sveta d. Bepa 6-2 6-2 :sobbing:

Match stats (http://www.nasdaq-100open.com/stats/WS213.html)

25 winners and 29 unforced errors for Sveta vs 8 winners and 32 unforced errors for for Bepa :help:

Her 1st serve % was once again below 50%, and she faced 16 break points, while only producing 2 BP opportunities of her own :o

rrfnpump
Mar 24th, 2006, 06:34 PM
I am still waiting for a hawk eye decision
maybe they are still discussing and in some seconds its 2-6 *3-5 :D

I am in a attacking mood at the moment :fiery:
Mauresmo Fans better take care!

Epigone
Mar 24th, 2006, 06:42 PM
I am still waiting for a hawk eye decision
maybe they are still discussing and in some seconds its 2-6 *3-5 :D:haha:I am in a attacking mood at the moment :fiery:
Mauresmo Fans better take care!:rolls:

ok, out of the players that are in MD I want her to draw one of these
* Karolina Sprem
* Maria Vento-Kabchi
* Kristina Brandi
* Antonella Serra-Zanetti
* Meghann Shaughnessy
* Anna TatishviliMeghann took out Justine and Anna took out Sania. If Anna had defeated Bepa, it would have been a :scared: situation. At least Bepa picked up a few points and avoided a result that would have destroyed any confidence that she had left.

rrfnpump
Mar 24th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Meghann took out Justine and Anna took out Sania. If Anna had defeated Bepa, it would have been a :scared: situation. At least Bepa picked up a few points and avoided a result that would have destroyed any confidence that she had left.

yes, Megs would have been :unsure:
but I still think Bepa would have whiped the floor with Tatishvili
Tatishvili is in my opinion way too young for all this. Her win against Sania was a fluke I think

now I hope Vera wins the doubles at least!

Harju.
Mar 24th, 2006, 07:03 PM
The stats from Bepa are simply awful :help: :banghead:.

daniela86
Mar 24th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Vera and the stats :help: :bigcry: :hysteric: She used to play very close matchs against Kuzzie so I thought she would put a better fight :sobbing: :sobbing: but at least she reached the second round :D
Basti :kiss: :hug: I am in a bad mood as well since Kuzzie is also in my dark list.:( :fiery:
Good luck in doubles now :yippee: I hate this draw:mad: but I believe in Lena/Vera (much more than I believe in Vera in single :o) so I am quite optimistic :unsure: Davai!!! :rocker2: :rocker:

RR-87
Mar 24th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Vera :sad: :sad: :sad:

Sunny_Boy
Mar 24th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Bad luck Bepa!! At least she got a win this tournament!! Good luck in the doubles

Epigone
Mar 25th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Peschke/Schiavone d. Likhovtseva/Zvonareva 6-3 6-0 :help: :bigcry:

Stats (http://www.nasdaq-100open.com/stats/WD112.html)

All they managed to do well was get their 1st serves in, but then they did nothing with them :shrug:

I'm going back to bed :ras:

Solitaire
Mar 25th, 2006, 05:09 AM
Well Vera's done with Miami onto the next tourny......

Almalyk
Mar 25th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Peschke/Schiavone d. Likhovtseva/Zvonareva 6-3 6-0 :help: :bigcry:

Stats (http://www.nasdaq-100open.com/stats/WD112.html)

All they managed to do well was get their 1st serves in, but then they did nothing with them :shrug:

I'm going back to bed :ras:

What a surprising and disappointing loss. Good luck in the coming weeks Vera.

rrfnpump
Mar 25th, 2006, 08:10 AM
ouch :sad:
a total of just 7 games yesterday :help:

Lela :hug:
Kuzzy is the No3 on my dark list. I dont like her grunting, I dont like the look before she serves, she just annoys me :(
I cannot understand how a certain poster here has not her, but lovely Masha on his blacklist :rolleyes: :p

I like Vera's outfit
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060324/capt.flkb12003242008.nasdaq_100_tennis_flkb120.jpg

Epigone
Mar 25th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Kuzzy is the No3 on my dark list. I dont like her grunting, I dont like the look before she serves, she just annoys me :(
I cannot understand how a certain poster here has not her, but lovely Masha on his blacklist :rolleyes: :pSeek and you shall find the answer ;)

I like Vera's outfitUhm, yeah...it's different :)

No visor? :shrug: :sad:

paranoia0809
Mar 25th, 2006, 09:22 AM
I like Vera's outfit

I prefer the black dressed Vera :lick:

rrfnpump
Mar 25th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Seek and you shall find the answer ;)

important difference
H2H Kuzzy - Vera 6-2
H2H Masha - Vera 2-2

plus Kuzzy teams up in doubles with players I also dislike

Vera has some points to defend in Amelia Island. Another first round exit would probably mean out of Top50 :sad:

goldenlox
Mar 25th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Now she's doing bad in singles AND doubles.
She's got to get things straightened out.

nick_chicane
Mar 25th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Its not good, whens she gonna get abit of luck? :sad:

pav
Mar 26th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Bepa:sad: I had to go chasing around and sleeping in the bush a couple of nights I've still got a sore ass and back, bloody sticks and roots, now heavy heart :sad: :sad: as well,I kept waking up all the time because it was a bit rough, and kept thinking that the little bugger might win,the little brat, she's more of a nuisance than a possum chasing pig dog(but better looking)
at least she had one win :)

zvonareva14
Mar 26th, 2006, 06:42 PM
:D HI EVERY1! I'm so excited to finally be a member here i'm Zvonareva's biggest fan and I can't wait to talk to the rest of you about her. :)

rrfnpump
Mar 26th, 2006, 06:45 PM
:D HI EVERY1! I'm so excited to finally be a member here i'm Zvonareva's biggest fan and I can't wait to talk to the rest of you about her. :)

Hi :wavey:
nice to see another Vera fan here :D
but you will have a tough challenge for Vera's biggest fan here :p

goldenlox
Mar 26th, 2006, 06:46 PM
:D HI EVERY1! I'm so excited to finally be a member here i'm Zvonareva's biggest fan and I can't wait to talk to the rest of you about her. :)Okay, lets talk. What happened to a top 10 player who was beating Sharapova and Kuznetsova in the summer of 2004?

zvonareva14
Mar 26th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I remember the first time I saw Vera, and that was at the French Open 2003 vs Venus. For some reason after that she stuck with me as one of the games greats. But these results that she has been putting up the past year are worrying me as i'm sure they worry all of you. :confused: But I truly believe with the kind of player Vera is she will be able to turn this massive slump around and rise to the top once again. Also I hate to point this out but is it just me or has she put on some weight... :tape:

rrfnpump
Mar 26th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Okay, lets talk. What happened to a top 10 player who was beating Sharapova and Kuznetsova in the summer of 2004?

why you are mad at Vera :crying2:
she doesnt do it on purpose I guess

something happened to Vera. And the same happened to Sprem, Jankovic and Shaughnessy. Its hard to get out of a deep slump when you are in one. Rainer Schuettler slumping nor for 2 and a half years and he doesnt know why.

The best thing to do is keep believing in Vera :)

zvonareva14
Mar 26th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Well Goldenlox my theory is that Vera is having problems that extend beyond the court. Maybe it's family or personal struggles, but any1 who has outburts and mental/emotional break downs that Vera does has to be having some issues not pertaining to the game of tennis... :sad:

rrfnpump
Mar 26th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Also I hate to point this out but is it just me or has she put on some weight... :tape:

nah, I dont think so
would be worse if she starts losing pounds and get skinny as Daniela Hantuchova get in her huge slump

goldenlox
Mar 26th, 2006, 06:55 PM
why you are mad at Vera :crying2:
she doesnt do it on purpose I guess

The best thing to do is keep believing in Vera :)I'm not mad, but I want her to at least play good doubles.

pav
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:59 PM
She needs to eat a lot more roasted mutton :lick:
that's her main problem right on the button
a bit of home killed beef and wild pork's all right
then the little brat's game will improve out of sight
a week picking up fleeces in the shearing shed
will set things right in that cute little head
and as she helps take the shorn mob back at the end of day
all her troubles will just melt away
the odd grease boil or a thorn in her finger
will give her a memory that for a while will linger
or a blistered butt from riding on the horse
will all add up to a tolerance course :kiss:

zvonareva14
Mar 27th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Thank god we're moving into the clay court portion of the tour. Vera should be concentrating on picking up some serious points on her favorite surface. :)

Epigone
Mar 27th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Okay, lets talk. What happened to a top 10 player who was beating Sharapova and Kuznetsova in the summer of 2004?Illness and a major loss in confidence.

She also hasn't found an effective way to control the emotional outbursts that continue to hinder her progress :sad:

pav
Mar 27th, 2006, 09:47 AM
It's very hard isn't it? We would all love to help her,but the truth is we are just rattling along behind and about as much use as the dags on a woolly sheep's arse that missed the last muster, just have to follow, wait and hope :sad: :)

goldenlox
Mar 27th, 2006, 04:44 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/photogallery/miami/f_15.jpg

Former player and Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Board member Leslie Allen, Lori McNeil, recipient of the Mentor Award, and Vera Zvonareva, the player she mentored.

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/photogallery/miami/f_16.jpg

ori McNeil received the Mentor Award honoring her service to the Tour and to Vera Zvonareva. Vera presented the award on Center Court Saturday evening.

rrfnpump
Mar 27th, 2006, 04:52 PM
ok, Vera has indeed put up some weight
but she looks good anyway ;)

Epigone
Mar 27th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Former player and Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Board member Leslie Allen, Lori McNeil, recipient of the Mentor Award, and Vera Zvonareva, the player she mentored.What a fine job she did in preparing Bepa for the mental strain of life on the Tour :tape:

pav
Mar 28th, 2006, 12:14 AM
What a fine job she did in preparing Bepa for the mental strain of life on the Tour :tape:
Yes,i was thinking that ,she should get a bloody good telling off, not an award

zvonareva14
Mar 28th, 2006, 03:16 AM
haha yea those are the pictures I was going by when I said she had put on weight but she is indeed still beautiful. And I argree with the comment made about her "mentors..." they obviously weren't to concerned about the mental aspect of the game, which is pretty damn important! :fiery:

rrfnpump
Mar 28th, 2006, 01:36 PM
What a fine job she did in preparing Bepa for the mental strain of life on the Tour :tape:

I would have given her this award
http://img.film.de/news/27_l.jpg

Foot's Fingers
Mar 28th, 2006, 01:45 PM

at least now we see who is responsable for Vera's problems

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2006, 05:33 PM
It's a hard job to do well on the tour.
And so many other Russians are doing well. Vera is the only one of the 5 Russian YEC players from 2004 who isn't playing well. So she sticks out.
But in tennis, you can go bad, then get good again.

pav
Mar 28th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Should have been more like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/wac.jpg

Foot's Fingers
Mar 29th, 2006, 07:26 AM
It's a hard job to do well on the tour.
And so many other Russians are doing well. Vera is the only one of the 5 Russian YEC players from 2004 who isn't playing well. So she sticks out.
But in tennis, you can go bad, then get good again.

ohh when this good comes again.....

rrfnpump
Mar 29th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Should have been more like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/wac.jpg

:lol: Vera should win this one

nick_chicane
Mar 29th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Yeah, what a muppet that woman is!!

If i was her, i'd feel very embarrased accepting an award with Vera stood next to her!! :fiery:

pav
Apr 1st, 2006, 08:20 AM
Hell, it's hard reading the main draw for Amelia island and reading Bepa down as next in the maindraw below a heap of players we wouldn't even have worried about her playing against a while back :sad: How must the brat herself feel? it must bring a quiet tear and a bit of anger and motivate her to get her butt (which wriggles at an increasing speed just before receiving a serve)back up the rankings.I can hear that bloody black and white dog barking in the still night ,I'll run out and abuse the shit out of him,I'll feel better then:)

Sunny_Boy
Apr 2nd, 2006, 05:53 AM
Vera drew Mariana Diaz-Oliva is the opening round of Amelia Island. Mariana is a talented clay courter but she hasn't had a great year. Very winnable for Vera! Good luck Bepa!!

Solitaire
Apr 2nd, 2006, 06:15 AM
I hope and I pray Bepa gets passed the 1st rnd. :angel:

zvonareva14
Apr 2nd, 2006, 06:30 AM
Vera should have no problem with Olivia if she manages to not lose her head! :mad:

Epigone
Apr 2nd, 2006, 08:31 AM
(7) Groenfeld
bye
Zvonareva
Diaz-Olivia
Brandi (WC)
Peer
Asagoe
(9) Safina

(14) Srebotnik
Castano
Domachowska
Camerin
Q
Peng
Bye
(3) Schiavone

This could actually be a pretty good draw, but who knows what she is gonna do... :shrug:

rrfnpump
Apr 2nd, 2006, 08:53 AM
not a bad draw, really not bad
good openener

I always had Vera in the same league with Kuzzy in terms of talent and potential. Kuzzy is winning grand slams and Tier I and what does Vera do? :sad:

go Vera :kiss:

goldenlox
Apr 2nd, 2006, 05:27 PM
I always had Vera in the same league with Kuzzy in terms of talent and potential. Kuzzy is winning grand slams and Tier I and what does Vera do? :sad:

go Vera :kiss:I also think Vera can play as well as these other Russian girls.
She knows it too.

tobi
Apr 2nd, 2006, 10:28 PM
good luck Vera in Amelia Island :)

daniela86
Apr 2nd, 2006, 11:24 PM
I also think Vera can play as well as these other Russian girls.
She knows it too.
I definitly agree as well:D
Good luck in Amelia Island Vera :banana: :rocker: Normally she should beat Oliva but you never know with Vera. I do hope her win last week gave her a bit of confidence and that she will start to kick asses again :D Davai Vera :D :rocker: :rocker2: It's a soo winnable match :D Plz don't waste this opportunity to take some points :D

rrfnpump
Apr 3rd, 2006, 11:15 AM
Doubles Draw

(1)Raymond/Stosur vs. (WC)Bartoli/Dechy
Peschke/Schiavone vs. Russell/Serra Zanetti
(3)Kuznetsova/Likhovtseva vs. Asagoe/Srebotnik
Tu/Zvonareva vs. Groenefeld/Petrova

Huber/Mirza vs. Dominguez Lino/Medina Garrigues
Pratt/Steward vs. (4)Morariu/Stubbs
(Q)Safina/Vesnina vs. Dulko/Pennetta
Dushevina/Krajicek vs. Ruano Pascual/Shaughnessy

no, no, I dont like this development :(

goldenlox
Apr 3rd, 2006, 03:05 PM
Why not Zvonareva/Petrova?

pav
Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:56 PM
Doubles Draw

Tu/Zvonareva vs. Groenefeld/Petrova:fiery: :confused:

Is Bepa being chopped up for dog tucker? sent to the freezing works like an old ewe? benched from the team? do we have to write Bepa/Tu? I don't like it any more than you!

daniela86
Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:25 PM
Doubles Draw

(1)Raymond/Stosur vs. (WC)Bartoli/Dechy
Peschke/Schiavone vs. Russell/Serra Zanetti
(3)Kuznetsova/Likhovtseva vs. Asagoe/Srebotnik
Tu/Zvonareva vs. Groenefeld/Petrova

Huber/Mirza vs. Dominguez Lino/Medina Garrigues
Pratt/Steward vs. (4)Morariu/Stubbs
(Q)Safina/Vesnina vs. Dulko/Pennetta
Dushevina/Krajicek vs. Ruano Pascual/Shaughnessy

I really don't like it either :mad: I hope Vera and Lena didn't slip :( It would be such a pity :( :(

zvonareva14
Apr 3rd, 2006, 11:16 PM
Of all the great players in this tournament she picks TU!?!?!? :o Come on Vera i'd like to see her pair with Mara Santangelo a talented Italian player! :)

Epigone
Apr 3rd, 2006, 11:20 PM
Why not Zvonareva/Petrova?Exactly! :sobbing:

Maybe she left it too late to find a partner, or maybe nobody wanted to play with her... :o

Let's hope that she can drag Tu along with her to the title :D

Swiss Ivo
Apr 3rd, 2006, 11:25 PM
:D Good luck in Amelia Island, Vera! :D

:bounce: Go to the Semi Final, Vera! :bounce:

:inlove: Vera Zvonareva :inlove:

Epigone
Apr 4th, 2006, 12:44 AM
A. Groenefeld (GER) / N. Petrova (RUS)d. M. Tu (USA) / V. Zvonareva (RUS) 2-6 6-1 6-4 :sobbing:

Still, this was a pretty brave effort :clap2:

pav
Apr 4th, 2006, 12:48 AM
A. Groenefeld (GER) / N. Petrova (RUS)d. M. Tu (USA) / V. Zvonareva (RUS) 2-6 6-1 6-4 :sobbing:

Still, this was a pretty brave effort :clap2:
I only came in as the last few games were happening,didn't realise they were playing, not a bad effort for a new combination. don't ever get the idea I'm a petty bastard, but I hope Kuzzy/Lena get an asswhopping:fiery:

Epigone
Apr 4th, 2006, 05:43 AM
OOP for Tuesday
Stadium
1. Women's Singles: 1st Round
Sofia Arvidsson (SWE) vs. Laura Granville (USA)

2. Women's Singles: 1st Round
Vera Zvonareva (RUS) vs. Mariana Diaz-Oliva (ARG)

Foot's Fingers
Apr 4th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Doubles :confused:

Good Lyck on Clay Vera!!! Yr real seson have to start

rrfnpump
Apr 4th, 2006, 10:26 AM
they did a good job in this doubles I think :yeah: :)
I expected much worse!

But still why no Lena/Vera again? It seems Kuznetsova wants to find a permanent partner (playing with Mauresmo is not satisfying for someone who also wants to do well in doubles). But why then breaking into the Lena/Vera partnership? I seriously dont understand all this. We just have to wait and see. I also hope Lena/Sveta lose early

But Tu was a nice choice - she is quite a good doubles player.

azmad_88
Apr 4th, 2006, 10:50 AM
all the ebst against mariana diaz oliva

goldenlox
Apr 4th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I hope Sveta's success will motivate Vera. Sveta mentioned Vera in her postmatch interview in Miami.
The question was the first time Sveta heard of Sharapova, and it was when Sveta was losing to Vera in the Orange Bowl.

daniela86
Apr 4th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Nice effort Vera/Meilen :D (I also expected a much worse result :o :o) Vera proved once again that she is a good doubles player :D and I think Meilen could be a nice new partner if Lena really dumped Vera (which I really hope didn't happen :sobbing: :sobbing: )Vera doesn't deserve to be left out and be a second choice partner :o
Btw I agree with Goldenlox and I also hope Sveta's success will motivate Vera and that the fact that Lena decided to play with Sveta will boost her and make her want to prove everyone she is at least as good as Sveta.

Epigone
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Bepa won 6-3 6-0 :clap2: :banana: :worship: :dance: :bigclap: :cool: :woohoo:

Match stats (http://www.blchamps.com/pages/comp/stats/WS118.html)

rrfnpump
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Bepa won 6-3 6-0 :clap2: :banana: :worship: :dance: :bigclap: :cool: :woohoo:

schneller als der Blitz, Martin :smoke:

well done, Vera :yeah:
I think she has a chance to beat ALG

Epigone
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:18 PM
schneller als der Blitz, Martin :smoke:Quicker than Bepa getting into a :crying2: mood about her performance :o

I think she has a chance to beat ALGYep! :D :dance:

After she threw away the early 3-0 lead, I didn't know what was gonna happen. but she stayed in the match :yeah:, and then :drive: in the 2nd set :worship:

daniela86
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:34 PM
I'm soo happy for Vera :banana: :rocker: :banana: :D Wonderful win and wonderful scoreline :D Huge congrats :rocker: :clap2: I also believe she can beat ALG in the next round but it will be hard as Anna Lena also likes clay :scared:
Vera leads 1/0 in the H2H and the only time they met Vera won the tournament afterwoods (Bol 2003) :D Hope it's a sign :hehehe: and that Vera will beat her and go very far here too:D Davai Vera!!!:cool: :bowdown:

KV
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Good win excellent second set. :D

Swiss Ivo
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:25 PM
:D Congratulations, Vera! :D

:bowdown: Vera Zvonareva :bowdown:

:woohoo:

pav
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Good win Bepa :hearts: that I slept right thru :o thanks to the score posters i could drink my coffee, and pretend it was happening live :)

Kuzzy/Lena just lost:bounce: :lol: (I'm not really a vindictive prick)

Almalyk
Apr 4th, 2006, 09:52 PM
This is more like it Vera ;)
Good to see.
Good luck vs ALG - you can win that too.

zvonareva14
Apr 5th, 2006, 01:20 AM
These scores are very Reminiscent to scores Vera would have put up in 2004!!! Let's hope Vera will keep this up!! :worship: :) ;)

Epigone
Apr 5th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Good win Bepa :hearts: that I slept right thru :o thanks to the score posters i could drink my coffee, and pretend it was happening live :)Yeah, I make life too easy for you :ras: :lol:

Kuzzy/Lena just lost:bounce: :lol: (I'm not really a vindictive prick):tape: Maybe Lena will come running back next week :D

I'm just waiting for the French Open (to see whether or not Bob manages to get a hold of Martina :p)

Sunny_Boy
Apr 5th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Well done Vera :worship:
Considering Mariana loves to play on clay, what a great scoreline!!
Keep it up ;)

Epigone
Apr 5th, 2006, 08:32 AM
OOP for Wednesday
Stadium (from 11.00hrs)
1. Craybas vs. Sprem
2. Peer vs. Safina
3. Raymond vs. Schnyder
4. Groenefeld vs. Zvonareva

wtatour.com can't even spell her name properly in the OOP :help:

Foot's Fingers
Apr 5th, 2006, 09:11 AM
"S"vonareva (wtatour :mad:) win easly :woohoo:

RR-87
Apr 5th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Vera :eek: 60 63 looks impressive :drool:
Nice start on clay :yeah:

Foot's Fingers
Apr 5th, 2006, 09:13 AM
they did a good job in this doubles I think :yeah: :)
I expected much worse!

But still why no Lena/Vera again? It seems Kuznetsova wants to find a permanent partner (playing with Mauresmo is not satisfying for someone who also wants to do well in doubles). But why then breaking into the Lena/Vera partnership? I seriously dont understand all this. We just have to wait and see. I also hope Lena/Sveta lose early

But Tu was a nice choice - she is quite a good doubles player.

I can suppose that Vera firstly was not planning to play AI ( she was fist in waiting line as late entarnce for smbdy to withdraw ) and Lena has an agreement to play with Sveta cos Vera supposed not to come at AI

I think that's a reason

As for Sveta - she has said she wants to play less doubles then previous years that's she choise Momo who is not playing doubles everytime at all

goldenlox
Apr 5th, 2006, 03:09 PM
That was a good score to look at.
It's time for Vera to become a force on the tour again.

Solitaire
Apr 5th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I really hope she keeps this kind of play up. Lately it's no good match then crash and burn in the next.

Epigone
Apr 5th, 2006, 10:46 PM
ALG d. Bepa 6-3 6-4 :sobbing: :bigcry: :sad: :crying2:

Bepa was broken while serving at 4-4 in the 2nd :help:

Stats (http://www.blchamps.com/pages/comp/stats/WS209.html)

As you can see, she was 0/3 on BP in the 2nd set, while ALG was 1/1 :sad:

nick_chicane
Apr 5th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Ohh, disappointing!! I was hoping the move to clay might have been a turnaround for Vera's fortunes!! :sad:

Sunny_Boy
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Bad luck Bepa!!
Close scoreline
She served 6 aces :eek:

nick_chicane
Apr 6th, 2006, 07:11 AM
On a slightly brighter note, at least shes starting to win a match at most the tournaments!! She was going out 1st round for a while and now were starting to see her go out 2nd round so im hoping its a sign of things starting to improve!! :)

And at least it was a close match with Groenefeld!! Shows that she at least battled more than some of the really poor results we were seeing a few months back!!

I do think theirs some good signs there! :)

Foot's Fingers
Apr 6th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Zvonareva :hug: Good Match But need to play main points

Epigone
Apr 6th, 2006, 11:04 AM
I saw the match today, live close to Amelia Island. Vera played okay but Anna served well and was hitting alot of hard, flat groundies near the lines. Were some good rallies. Was badly wanting to see a 3 setter but Vera dropped her game and lost her serve at 4-4 second set. No crying or racket throwing from Vera, a bit of acting out, not much. She took it well and left the court smiling.Sounds like strange behaviour :unsure:, but I guess it's a good change :)

azmad_88
Apr 6th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Vera...at least u didnt lose 1r for 2 tournaments in a row now...hope u can keep on improving

rrfnpump
Apr 6th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Vera, das war ein Satz mit X :tape:

I expected her to take a set at least. She lost a winnable match in straight sets.
I am glad I couldnt follow live scores :o

now we move on :bounce:
and hope Vera keeps getting better

Swiss Ivo
Apr 6th, 2006, 02:32 PM
:tears: :sobbing: :crying2: :bigcry: :hysteric: Vera :hysteric: :bigcry: :crying2: :sobbing: :tears:

:hug: Vera :hug:

goldenlox
Apr 6th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Vera won't become top 10 overnite.
This is a start. She has to want to keep improving.
Vera always liked clay. I think she can play well on any surface.
Play badly on any surface too.

daniela86
Apr 6th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Ohhh Vera :sad: :sad: :bigcry: but at least she lost to a decent player.GL is right,she needs time to turn into a top 10 player again so keep on improving Vera :hug: Best of luck in Charleston :D :kiss: Davai!!

KV
Apr 6th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Shame Bepa was 0/3 on BP's. Think she'll improve little by little.

Foot's Fingers
Apr 7th, 2006, 08:51 AM
i just copy and paste here The report from user vogus from AI thread abt Vera's match

Groenefeld d Zvonareva 63 64.

This match, the last of the afternoon, was played in a mostly empty stadium when the crowd went home following Schnyder-Raymond, so i went down into an empty box seat that happened to be right next to where Safina and Vesnina were sitting together and having some girl talk. I had never seen Vesnina before except in her profile but my first impression was, if you are looking for a blonde Russian cover girl to slobber over, Lena V puts both Sharapova and Kournikova to shame...

When i saw ALG coming out of the clubhouse, i mistook her for Shaughnessy because she has dropped about 25 pounds since last summer and actually looks a bit skinny now. Whether this is actually helping her game is hard to say because although she has lost the weight, her footwork doesn't seem to have improved much. ALG seems to be a player in transition whose game is experiencing some growing pains. She played very aggressively against Zvonareva but had a tendency to spray balls especially from the forehand. I definitely see some parallels between the games of ALG and Shaughnessy probably due to their both having Font de Mora as their coach for so long. ALG has got good forehand, good backhand, excellent serve and volleys - what seems to be missing is smart shot selection and footwork.

Zvonareva won the first two games of the match and then could hardly win a point for the next five games. She looks so much slower to the ball than she did two years ago the last time i really watched her play a match. Vera's strength as a Top 10 player was her great groundstrokes coupled with anticipation - but that anticipation seems to be gone. She spent most of the match reacting to ALG's aggression. Vera actually served very well, otherwise this match would have been a real drubbing. There are elements of Vera's game that are still in good shape but her Top 10 run is looking pretty flukey at this point. There were no major histrionics but plenty of the usual talking to herself, which i was surprised to hear her doing in English. The old punching bag coach that Vera used to yell at during the matches is history - her coach is now the guy who was coaching Meilen Tu for the last couple of years.

rrfnpump
Apr 7th, 2006, 08:59 AM
to read that makes me a bit sad :sad:
at least it explaines her doubles with Meilen

Foot's Fingers
Apr 7th, 2006, 09:03 AM
to read that makes me a bit sad :sad:
at least it explaines her doubles with Meilen

me too :(

pav
Apr 7th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Yes I was wondering if it had anything to do with that bugger Sam. Bepa's groundstrokes and anticipation looked pretty good in Auckland(Who stole her bloody anticipbloodypation:fiery: )

nick_chicane
Apr 7th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Just thinking, maybe this loss of form is down to her trying hard to learn how to control her emotions!!

To hear of her not reaction or crying against ALG so maybe shes actually starting to learn how to control herself........Believe me now, if this is the case and she sorts that out......I would most definitely take this year of awful tennis in return for that!!

Of course, that is if that is what is going on!! If she learns to control herself then that is the 1st step to getting back to where she was and i think she'd be a much better player with her head screwed on!! :)

Foot's Fingers
Apr 7th, 2006, 08:49 PM
I miss Zvonareva on top

i really miss

I want more threads abt her in GM, but not abt her emotions --- i want abt her game , her wins....

It's ages have passed after her fisrt title
after great RG.... beating hot Venus...

rrfnpump
Apr 8th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Just thinking, maybe this loss of form is down to her trying hard to learn how to control her emotions!!

To hear of her not reaction or crying against ALG so maybe shes actually starting to learn how to control herself........Believe me now, if this is the case and she sorts that out......I would most definitely take this year of awful tennis in return for that!!

Of course, that is if that is what is going on!! If she learns to control herself then that is the 1st step to getting back to where she was and i think she'd be a much better player with her head screwed on!! :)

that is one possibility
other one is Vera starts to give up on herself :sad:

I also miss Vera at the top :hysteric:

pav
Apr 8th, 2006, 10:29 AM
I've been holed up with the flu today and started thinking a bit negatively that if Bepa keeps sliding down the rankings she may have to find some other employment,so I tried to work out how she may fit in to some jobs, first I tried the food industry......

pav
Apr 8th, 2006, 10:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/fb2ax1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/fb3ax1s.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/fb4ax.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/fb5axs.jpg
sorry colours are a bit off but I'm a bit off colour:p

rrfnpump
Apr 8th, 2006, 10:38 AM
OMG :haha: :rolls:
another classy one

that made my day :lol:

Epigone
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:27 PM
pav :bigclap: :rolls:

that is one possibility
other one is Vera starts to give up on herselfI was thinking the same thing earlier :sad:

At times in the past, it looked like she didn't care about what was happening to her. She appeared to just be going through the motions :shrug:

IMO, that's worse than crying, since I want her to be motivated to succeed :bigcry:

rrfnpump
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:38 PM
pav :bigclap: :rolls:

I especially like the expression in her face in the second pic :lol:

IMO, that's worse than crying, since I want her to be motivated to succeed :bigcry:

it is worse :(
but maybe this was a special situation. maybe something serious happened indeed inside the russian team and Bepa was not happy with it

goldenlox
Apr 8th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Actually, being a professional athlete is very difficult job.
And being one of the 50 best in the world at your job makes you an elite member of your profession.

We expect so much of Vera, and it's not easy for her to play well enough to satisfy us.

zvonareva14
Apr 9th, 2006, 01:30 AM
I think all in all though, Vera is definetly taking steps in the right direction i mean when she was top ten in the world the only thing holding her back from being top 5 was her emotions and if she can finally start to control them I think the results put up by her will be exceptional. As for her not caring I think she is one of the most competitve women athletes out there, so I wouldn't worry about her not carring. Finally, she needs to lose some weight and I think we may see the old Vera in no time.

daniela86
Apr 9th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Charleston's draw:

Justine Henin-Hardenne (1) - Bye
Iveta Benesova - Sybille Bammer
Q - Karolina Sprem
Jamea Jackson - Kveta Peschke (15)

Jelena Jankovic (10) - Q
Maria Vento Kabchi - Antonella Serra-Zanetti
Elena Vesnina - Vera Zvonareva
Dinara Safina (7) - Bye

Patty Schnyder (3) - Bye
Amy Frazier - Q
Jill Craybas - Maria Elena Camerin
Stephanie Foretz - Mara Santangelo (16)

Katarina Srebotnik (11) - Virginie Razzano
Laura Granville - Q
(WC) Anna Tatishvili - Laura Pous Tio
Nathalie Dechy (8) - Bye

Anna-Lena Groenefeld (6) - Bye
(WC) Shenay Perry - Virginia Ruano Pascual
Lisa Raymond - (WC) Neha Uberoi
Mariana Diaz Oliva - Anabel Medina Garrigues (9)

Sofia Arvidsson (13) - Kristina Brandi
Viktoriya Kutuzova - Lourdes Dominguez Lino
(WC) Meghann Shaughnessy - Q
Svetlana Kuznetsova (4) - Bye

Nicole Vaidisova (5) - Bye
Catalina Castano - Ashley Harkleroad
Q - Q
Shuai Peng - Marion Bartoli (12)

Lucie Safarova (14) - Samantha Stosur
Julia Schruff - Shinobu Asagoe
Q - Ekaterina Bychkova
Nadia Petrova (2) - Bye

Vesnina is quite inconsistant but she plays better against higher ranked players than her so I'm a bit :scared: for Bepa even I do think that Vera can beat her if she is really motivated. Davai Vera!!I like Vesnina but I will cheer for you at 100%!!! :bigclap: :clap2:

Epigone
Apr 9th, 2006, 03:19 AM
I'm predicting a QF upset of Justine :D

Bepa, you can do it! :dance:

Sunny_Boy
Apr 9th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Tough 1st round coz Vesnina has been playing well lately but Vera has also picked up herself. I think Bepa will win in 2 tough sets!!
She has a great draw! I hope she can take advantage of it!

nick_chicane
Apr 9th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Yeah, Vera's not having much luck with these draws!! That is a tough 1st rounder!! :sad:

Good luck Vera!

goldenlox
Apr 9th, 2006, 05:28 PM
That is an interesting draw. Vesnina and Safina.

Foot's Fingers
Apr 10th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Rock me baby Vera

rrfnpump
Apr 10th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I hate the draw :(

Vera playing with Tu again :scratch:

pav
Apr 10th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I hate the draw :(

Vera playing with Tu again :scratch:

Bepa doubled up with Tu
with french Sam coaching in the middle
can these three make a team ?
now that really is a riddle
they started off not bad
will they form a good combination
or will it all turn in to custard
and just add to Bepa's frustration :confused:

Epigone
Apr 10th, 2006, 12:30 PM
(7)Tu/Zvonareva v G.Navratilova/Uhlirova
Santangelo/Washington v Foretz/Serra Zanetti

Safina/Vesnina v Camerin/Parra-Santonja
(2)Ruano Pascual/Shaughnessy v BYE

What can we expect from this team this week? :shrug:

goldenlox
Apr 10th, 2006, 03:20 PM
I think Vera is starting to play better.
We'll see as the year goes on.
How many times can she watch players like Sveta and Nadia win titles, and not want to do the same?

Solitaire
Apr 10th, 2006, 03:26 PM
I think Vera is starting to play better.
We'll see as the year goes on.
How many times can she watch players like Sveta and Nadia win titles, and not want to do the same?

Hopefully that will motivate her. One match at a time cause she def needs to start stringing wins together.

Good Luck Bepa!!!

Foot's Fingers
Apr 10th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Vera won first set vs Vesnina

6-4

was down a break but managed to win :eek: When lat time it happens?

Epigone
Apr 10th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Bepa won 6-4 5-7 6-2 against an in-form player :clap2:

She has to grind out these matches, and then she'll grow in confidence and climb back up the rankings :yeah:

rrfnpump
Apr 10th, 2006, 05:26 PM
yeah, very important that she didnt meltdown after being down 0-1 in third set :D
thats a pretty good win for Vera at this moment!!

go Vera :kiss:

goldenlox
Apr 10th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Now against Dinara, we'll find out more.
Dinara beat Vera in Sopot in 2002.
Dinara was a prodigy back then

KV
Apr 10th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Good win vs. Lena Vesnina. :) Hoped for a Bepa win, fortunately Lena'd a great run in her prev. tournaments. Bepa needed the points more. Though, wished it's a second round match. Now follow D. Safina would say anything may happen. Give both 50/50, pretty sure Bepa can step up a gear from match vs. ALG.

Harju.
Apr 10th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Who would have thought that Bepa did not melt on the third? ;). Great win for Bepa :banana:.

Good luck against Dinara now.

Epigone
Apr 10th, 2006, 05:46 PM
These matches against younger Russians are the ones that the older Russians dread. There is increased pressure to stamp their authority on their younger compatriots. Bepa handled the pressure very well :D

I know we are always searching for a turning point :p, but we'll have to wait and see where she goes from here

slk45
Apr 10th, 2006, 08:35 PM
These matches against younger Russians are the ones that the older Russians dread. There is increased pressure to stamp their authority on their younger compatriots. Bepa handled the pressure very well :DThis is funny, altho it is true. At age 21, Bepa is the "older Russian." :)

An excellent sign is that Vera did not :shout: and :explode: when she was broken at 5-1 in the 3rd. Instead she broke right back for the win. :hug:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
You know what you have to do next, Vera!! :drive:

pav
Apr 10th, 2006, 10:50 PM
It was worth dragging my lazy ass out of bed for. :) Flicking to the stats. during the match looks like good serving and no DFs (might have been one a bit earlier) but during that crucial time in the second set She started piling them up,and of course the 1st serve% fell along with them,but she pulled herself out of it in the third and I could go back to bed with my teddy bear and no tears :)

daniela86
Apr 11th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Vera :banana: :banana: It's sooo good to see Vera mentally strong :D :D Great job girl :yeah: I'm sooo happy :D :cool:
Here are the stats : http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/FCC_TournamentAction/stats/2006/WS107.html
Vera served 6 aces :dance: :dance:
She will face Dinara Safina tomorrow.Best of luck Vera :D It will be hard:scared: but I believe more and more in Vera :D You can do it :rocker: DAVAAAAIII!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:56 AM
:yeah: for Vera :) :D
much needed win :) :D

now she needs back to back wins for even more confidence
gonna be tough vs Dinara, but good luck Vera :)

Almalyk
Apr 11th, 2006, 04:11 AM
I'm happy for Vera. She should be winning tough matches, not losing them.

Good luck next round.

nick_chicane
Apr 11th, 2006, 07:22 AM
YAY!! Another win!! A good one at that, as well!! :)

Another tough match next though, Safina is a strange one, some days she beats the best, others she loses to some right poor quality players!! Lets just hope shes having an off day!! :lol:

Sunny_Boy
Apr 11th, 2006, 07:30 AM
excellent news!! hope she beats safina

Solitaire
Apr 11th, 2006, 08:31 AM
I'm glad Bepa won. Now the important part is to back this win up vs Safina.

Best of Luck Bepa!

Foot's Fingers
Apr 11th, 2006, 10:59 AM
so needed win, Vera :kiss:

rrfnpump
Apr 11th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Order of Play

Stadium (from 10.00hrs)
1. Craybas vs. Camerin
2. Jackson vs. Peschke
3. Vaidisova vs. Castano
4. Schnyder vs. Tu
5. Henin-Hardenne vs. Bammer (NB 19.00hrs)
6. Zvonareva vs. Safina

c'mon Bepa girl :kiss:
I cant follow live scores again :(

daniela86
Apr 11th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Order of Play

Stadium (from 10.00hrs)
1. Craybas vs. Camerin
2. Jackson vs. Peschke
3. Vaidisova vs. Castano
4. Schnyder vs. Tu
5. Henin-Hardenne vs. Bammer (NB 19.00hrs)
6. Zvonareva vs. Safina

c'mon Bepa girl :kiss:
I cant follow live scores again :(
Yeah too bad it's the last match :sad: I am not sure I could follow it either :( but anyway goooo Vera :kiss: :kiss:

A pic of Vera signing autographs in Charleston:

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/charleston/f_25.jpg

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2006, 04:07 PM
From an article-

Out on the courts, everyone else looked a little alike. That was never more obvious than during the first match on the stadium court between Russian blondes Elena Vesnina and Vera Zvonareva. The electronic scoreboard wasn't functioning when I walked in, and it took me a few games to figure out which player was which, even though I had seen Zvonareva play many times before. Their games certainly didn't reveal their identities.
But it was rather easy to see why Zvonareva has crashed from top 10 status to the first rounds. A lack of consistency and confidence are the likely culprits.
Zvonareva pulled it all together to rally from 3-5 down to 5-5 in the second set, then double-faulted twice in the next game and made a rash of errors a game later to practically hand the second set to Vesnina before rallying again to win in three sets.
Zvonareva has the game. She could be a player to watch, if she can keep it all together.

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2006, 04:53 PM
http://www.familycirclecup.com/files/0000000409_l.jpg

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2006, 05:38 PM
CHARLESTON, South Carolina (AP) - Former top-10 player Vera Zvonareva temporarily stalled rising fellow Russian Elena Vesnina 6-4, 5-7, 6-2 in the first round of the Family Circle Cup on Monday.

Zvonareva, who peaked at No. 9 in 2004, has slipped to 47th. Despite reaching the final of her first tournament in Auckland in January, her match record was only 7-8. She'll play another compatriot, seventh-seeded Dinara Safina, next.

Vesnina was one more Russian on the up at 19. She was at a career-high 64th ranking after wins over top-20 players Flavia Pennetta and Francesca Schiavone in the past two weeks. Her service let her down on Monday; she won less than half of her first serves.

Epigone
Apr 12th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Out on the courts, everyone else looked a little alike. That was never more obvious than during the first match on the stadium court between Russian blondes Elena Vesnina and Vera Zvonareva. The electronic scoreboard wasn't functioning when I walked in, and it took me a few games to figure out which player was which, even though I had seen Zvonareva play many times before. Their games certainly didn't reveal their identities.
This genius couldn't tell the difference between Bepa and Lena?

I think that Bepa's game is pretty distinctive :shrug: (and that's not even taking into account her behaviour :tape: )

But I guess it means that Bepa wasn't lying on the court and :crying2:, which is a good thing :p

slk45
Apr 12th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Well, the internet live scoring isn't working at the moment. :confused: I just checked with the tournament site and the match is 1-1 1st set.

zvonareva14
Apr 12th, 2006, 02:33 AM
I'm also following the match now she had 3 break points in Safina's service game!! Come on Vera!!!

zvonareva14
Apr 12th, 2006, 02:56 AM
:D God dammit Vera dropped the 1st set 5-7 and had multiple oppurtunities...o well come on now Vera!!! :) :worship: ;)

Epigone
Apr 12th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Dinara d. Bepa 7-5 7-5

I don't even want to recount what happened :sobbing: :bigcry: :crying2:

Bepa had chances...:sad:

Sunny_Boy
Apr 12th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Bepa :sad:
She needs to win matches of this type
Plz regroup!

Almalyk
Apr 12th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Broken twice after having 5-5. A real shame, but at least it seems close, much better than a few months ago.

Hopefully when she gets her confidence back, she will be the one breaking serve at important times like 5-5.

Epigone
Apr 12th, 2006, 05:21 AM
In the 1st set she saved SPx2 at 4-5*, but was then badly broken in the following game :sad:

In the second set she lead 4-1*, but then let Dinara back in :help:

It must be very frustrating for her to create chance, only to let them slip away :sad:

Sunny_Boy
Apr 12th, 2006, 05:59 AM
In the 1st set she saved SPx2 at 4-5*, but was then badly broken in the following game :sad:

It must be very frustrating for her to create chance, only to let them slip away :sad:
I can't believe Bepa blew all these chances :sad:
This could of easily been a great win for her!
Anyway she has to move on from this loss.
I hope she cames back refreshed after the break

Epigone
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Thanks to partbrit for this match summary
It had been a long time since I had seen Zvonareva play, and I had forgotten how quickly and deftly she moves on the court, what good anticipation she has, and how beautiful that stinging backhand of hers is. Zvonareva can do it all, but she is still so mentally fragile. Throughout the match, she talked animatedly to herself, whacked her racquet on the court surface, and looked as if she were going to implode. She changed her racquet so many times, we began to wonder where this endless cache of racquets was coming from.

She and Safina exchanged fast, deep groundstrokes in long rallies that were, at times, breathtaking. Both volleyed well, and both made some outstanding shots. It was steamroller tennis from the first moment to the last. Safina had chances to close both sets at 6-4, and buckled under the pressure repeatedly. Had Zvonareva just held herself together a bit better, she could have turned Safina's missed opportunities around to her own advantage. For her part, Safina was able to deliver the really big winners at crucial moments.link (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=7792752&postcount=8)

Didn't a recent match report said that she had lost her anticipation? :scratch:

Anyway, it's good that her game is still there :yeah:, but it looks like her head is still holding her back :sad: :shrug:

rrfnpump
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:47 AM

:banghead: :( :sad:
damn, I am glad I couldnt follow live scores - I would have been :fiery:

Vera needs to win these kind of matches badly!
well, at least she can win some doubles matches here

I hope Vera doesnt become the new Katya Bychkova :sobbing:

Harju.
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Bepa :bigcry:. Well, at least she's winning one match each week now. :o

Solitaire
Apr 12th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Oh the pain of it all. :sad: Where is our Bepa of old?

pav
Apr 12th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Didn't a recent match report said that she had lost her anticipation? :scratch:

I think this all points to her problems being to a large part brought about by a serious case of boomeranging anticipation
recorded symptoms include :Frequent muttering and constant and unnecessary racquet changes,her team have already attempted to cure this by replacing her trademark visor with a cap, so as to stop the escape of steam though the top of her head,one of the recognised causes of this unusual condition.we can only hope she has a speedy recovery from BA

Foot's Fingers
Apr 12th, 2006, 10:22 AM
:tears: so many chances

nick_chicane
Apr 12th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Ok, so shes buckling at the most important parts of the set, to be fair, thats to be expected when your confidence isnt there!!

I still see a massive improvement from just a few weeks back when she wasnt even in a position to throw away the set as it was gone right from the beginning!!

I think we should still look at this as a positive that Vera's slowly but shurely regaining her game and with that comes confidence!!

I can certainly accept results like that alot better than some shes had over the last year!!

goldenlox
Apr 12th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Vera lost her anticipation? That's going to ruin Christmas morning.

(•_•)
Apr 12th, 2006, 10:35 PM
M.Tu/V.Zvonareva[7] def. G.Navratilova/V.Uhlirova 7/6 6/4

Good job girls :yeah: match stats (http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/FCC_TournamentAction/stats/2006/WD113.html)

Epigone
Apr 12th, 2006, 11:24 PM
I want Lena to return to Bepa soon :sad:

Bepa should be playing with a top doubles player because I think that she can win a major if she's with the right partner :dance:

PerfectForm
Apr 13th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Did Vera change her racket recently? I thought I saw pictures of her playing with a prince O3 at Charleston?

nick_chicane
Apr 13th, 2006, 07:21 AM
I want Lena to return to Bepa soon :sad:

Bepa should be playing with a top doubles player because I think that she can win a major if she's with the right partner :dance:

Well you'd have to say Lena is bang out of form as well, at the moment, so i wouldnt be thinking about any titles until they can both start winning again!! :sad:

rrfnpump
Apr 13th, 2006, 08:13 AM
job done :yeah:
next up, dangerous pair of Washington/Santangelo

Foot's Fingers
Apr 13th, 2006, 08:26 AM
still alive in doubles :)

daniela86
Apr 13th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Well you'd have to say Lena is bang out of form as well, at the moment, so i wouldnt be thinking about any titles until they can both start winning again!! :sad:
Yeah that's true and I actually think Vera and Lena did the right choice not to team up for the moment as both of them are struggling and are not playing their best tennis.(Moreover,their last results as a team in doubles weren't that great) I think that at the moment Vera needs to have someone who motivates her and who doesn't lack of confidence like Lena L.
Anyway, congrats Vera/Meilen :kiss: :rocker: and good luck against Mara/Mashona :yippee: :yippee: They will play today at 2.30 pm on court 4.
Davai girls!! :kiss: :cool:

Epigone
Apr 13th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Bepa/Meilen retired while leading 7-6(4) :crying2:

Bepa twisted her ankle at 3-2 in the TB, and I guess she couldn't continue :sobbing:

daniela86
Apr 13th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Bepa/Meilen retired while leading 7-6(4) :crying2:

Bepa twisted her ankle at 3-2 in the TB, and I guess she couldn't continue :sobbing:
Ohhh noo :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: Poor Bepa :sad: :sad: :sad: :sobbing: I really hope it's not serious and that she will be able to play Estoril. :( She really hasn't luck,it happens just when she began to win matchs again :sad: :sad:

pav
Apr 13th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Poor Bepa!:sad: When they carried on in the TB, I thought she was alright

slk45
Apr 13th, 2006, 10:02 PM
:bigcry: I asked at the tournament office, but I couldn't find out any more than Vera twisted her ankle and was unable to continue. Vera & Tu won the set, and the stats show they were only 2 minutes into the 2nd!!

When this happened last year at the Acura, Bepa was out for 2 months!!! :scared: Let's hope this is minor and not the same ankle. This is really bad news. :sad: :sad:

GET WELL SOON, BEPA!!! :hug:

Epigone
Apr 14th, 2006, 12:02 AM
When this happened last year at the Acura, Bepa was out for 2 months!!! :scared: Let's hope this is minor and not the same ankle. This is really bad news. :sad: :sad: That's what I said in the scoring thread when I heard it was her ankle :sobbing:

Hopefully the retirement was just precautionary :hug:

Epigone
Apr 14th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Did Vera change her racket recently? I thought I saw pictures of her playing with a prince O3 at Charleston?That is quite possible. I want to see a large pic of her before I can determine the model :p

BTW, Bepa is also wearing different kicks :eek:. Go to Getty Images and check for the pic from Charleston. I think she is wearing Nike Air Max Lumify (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?PCODE=NAML) :cool:

However, I think that this superior Nike product in no way contributed to her twisted ankle :angel:. In fact, it may have saved her from something serious like a knee tear or a popped hip :sad:

I'm soooooo happy that she's wearing Nike again :banana:

rrfnpump
Apr 14th, 2006, 09:14 AM
when I saw the score I was praying it was not Bepa who retired :sobbing: :sad:
damn, I also hope she retired just precautionary

but she has some time to recover from it now :hug:
get well soon, Vera :hearts:

Foot's Fingers
Apr 14th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Vera :hug: just hope nothing serious

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Get well soon. Your career is still at the beginning. A long way to go.

slk45
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:52 PM
According to her agent, they don't think Bepa's injury is too severe. She is expected to recover in time for Estoril. :hug:

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:57 PM
That's good to read. Vera was starting to get better results.
I still expect her to have a big career.
If Sveta can do it, Vera can do it too.

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2006, 05:06 PM
http://www.familycirclecup.com/files/0000000468_l.jpghttp://www.familycirclecup.com/files/0000000467_l.jpg Vera Zvonareva

Meilen Tu

Sunny_Boy
Apr 15th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Thats good to hear!
After seeing the Estoril entry list, I think Vera has a great oppurtunity to do really well. Finally I think she is finding some sort of form.
Great pics btw

nick_chicane
Apr 15th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Yeah, hopefully she should be ok......Just looking at the pic, i thought, "oh no, Vera hasnt gone down the Myskina, Dementieva way of wearing those ugly shorts" thankfully on closer inspection, its still a skirt! :lol:

daniela86
Apr 15th, 2006, 02:57 PM
According to her agent, they don't think Bepa's injury is too severe. She is expected to recover in time for Estoril. :hug:
Thanks for the great news :banana: :banana: :D I'm so relieved :D
Best of luck in Estoril Vera :kiss:

Epigone
Apr 15th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know if it was the same ankle that she injured last year?

WTATour.com still hasn't got the updated results :rolleyes:

slk45
Apr 15th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Does anyone know if it was the same ankle that she injured last year? I just spoke with the Tournament Media Center, and they advised me, after some checking, that it was Vera's right ankle. Last year at San Diego it was her left ankle. so I guess that much is good, that it wasn't a re-injury to her left ankle. :rain:

Epigone
Apr 16th, 2006, 02:42 AM
I just spoke with the Tournament Media Center, and they advised me, after some checking, that it was Vera's right ankle. Last year at San Diego it was her left ankle. so I guess that much is good, that it wasn't a re-injury to her left ankle. :rain:Thanks for the update :wavey:

I only want her playing Estoril if she is 100%, so let's hope that she'll be fully fit by the time the tournament starts :)

**Jelica**
Apr 16th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Hey :)
I'm a big Vera fan, but I never knew where to post before :) and I was a bit shy to just join in :o. But now Epigone has invited me to post here, so I'm joining you guys if that's okay!

Let's hope Vera is okay to play in Estoril :bounce: (My best friend is Portuguese so we have a big attachment to this tourney :))

Epigone
Apr 16th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Jeca's here :bounce:

I'm happy that you found this thread :D

Of course it's okay if you join us ;)

Strap yourself in for the :banana:/:bigcry:/:banghead: ride :p

slk45
Apr 17th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Strap yourself in for the :banana:/:bigcry:/:banghead: ride :p :lol:
:secret: You can join us at zvonareva.com/board as well. :wavey:

Sunny_Boy
Apr 17th, 2006, 04:41 AM
:lol:
:secret: You can join us at zvonareva.com/board as well. :wavey:
Cool there is another Vera board! I may join but I really like this Vera board! :)

Sunny_Boy
Apr 17th, 2006, 04:54 AM
I'm a big Vera fan, but I never knew where to post before :) and I was a bit shy to just join in :o. But now Epigone has invited me to post here, so I'm joining you guys if that's okay!

Let's hope Vera is okay to play in Estoril :bounce: (My best friend is Portuguese so we have a big attachment to this tourney :))
Welcome :wavey:
Im pretty new myself to the Vera board but everyone is very friendly and its very entertaining!

Solitaire
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:54 AM

Yes Welcome! Enjoy the ride that is being a Vera fan. :)

PerfectForm
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:23 AM
That is quite possible. I want to see a large pic of her before I can determine the model :p

BTW, Bepa is also wearing different kicks :eek:. Go to Getty Images and check for the pic from Charleston. I think she is wearing Nike Air Max Lumify (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?PCODE=NAML) :cool:

However, I think that this superior Nike product in no way contributed to her twisted ankle :angel:. In fact, it may have saved her from something serious like a knee tear or a popped hip :sad:

I'm soooooo happy that she's wearing Nike again :banana:

Looks like an O3 White to me. She CANT be playing with an O3 Silver, lol.

rrfnpump
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:55 AM

:wavey:
nice to see a new Vera fan posting here :)

**Jelica**
Apr 17th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the welcomes guys! I'm going to enjoy it here I can tell. The good thing about supporting Vera is that you're never ever bored! :lol:
And I'll join you on the other board too if that's okay :)

nick_chicane
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Are you mad? Why would anyone wanna get on the rollercoaster of Vera Zvonareva's tennis career? I'd do a runner now, get away before its too late!! You'll end up mad like the rest of us if you hang around too long!! :lol:

Epigone
Apr 18th, 2006, 08:02 AM
What's wrong with Vera Zvonereva?(sic) (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=231793)

There are actually some reasonable answers for once :eek:

Foot's Fingers
Apr 18th, 2006, 10:48 AM
:eek: What's wrong with Vera Zvonereva?(sic) (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=231793)

ia m just coming to say the same

rrfnpump
Apr 18th, 2006, 10:58 AM
What's wrong with Vera Zvonereva?(sic) (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=231793)

my first reaction to this thread was :rolleyes: :yawn:
but I agree, some reasonable answers now ;)

slk45
Apr 18th, 2006, 05:05 PM
And I'll join you on the other board too if that's okay :)You don't need to ask. The door is always open. :hatoff: Nuestra casa es su casa.

It's rather quiet now again, and probably will be until Estoril. Some new voices would be nice to interrupt the :zzz: .

goldenlox
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:29 PM
What is happening to Vera is normal. Players have good results, then have trouble maintaining that level.
It's similar to Myskina.
Both had success in 2004, and lack the confidence to be consistent at their 2004 level.

Over time, Vera will start to fulfill her potential. She's still young.
Just like Nadia is starting to reach her potential at age 23.

rrfnpump
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I will go to Berlin now ;)
on monday and tuesday, so if Vera plays then I will watch her match
have my medicine in my bag already (you never know what will happen)

if she loses you can be sure that there is one kicking her ass afterwards
(but she would probably kick my ass bad if I try to kick hers :unsure: )

Epigone
Apr 21st, 2006, 01:48 PM
if she loses you can be sure that there is one kicking her ass afterwards
(but she would probably kick my ass bad if I try to kick hers :unsure: )Argh, I had the same thoughts when I went to watch her play :o

Just throw a fake Rolex on the ground and run when she bends to pick it up :p

rrfnpump
Apr 21st, 2006, 01:55 PM
if I am not fast enough
http://www.smilies-world.de/smilies/smilies_Picture/boese_smilies/nudelhloz.gif http://www.smilies-world.de/smilies/smilies_Picture/freche/19.gif

Epigone
Apr 21st, 2006, 03:16 PM
But I assume she would be :bigcry:, which means that the clay around her would turn to mud and she'll get bogged down :D

That will give you even more time to escape :p

rrfnpump
Apr 21st, 2006, 03:31 PM
But I assume she would be :bigcry:, which means that the clay around her would turn to mud and she'll get bogged down :D

That will give you even more time to escape :p

The Japanese know how to handle Bepa
http://bildschirmarbeiter.com/fun_8033_how-to-stop-a-baby-crying.html

pav
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:26 PM
http://bildschirmarbeiter.com/fun_8033_how-to-stop-a-baby-crying.html

That was mean to poor Bepa,now she will be after you in berlin,you and the poster above you are always refering to her occasional habit of :sad: I would never do such a thing :angel: you are a couple of baddies

Epigone
Apr 21st, 2006, 11:53 PM
http://bildschirmarbeiter.com/fun_8033_how-to-stop-a-baby-crying.htmlBasti, it's your job to sit in the stands with an mp3 player and speaker and project that sound onto the court in order to soothe Bepa :D

Epigone
Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:29 AM
That was mean to poor Bepa,now she will be after you in berlin,you and the poster above you are always refering to her occasional habit of :sad: You always try to ignore reality and put a positive spin on everything :yeah:. For you, it's a habit of being :sad:, rather than of being :bigcry: :sobbing: :crying2: :banghead: :smash:

I would never do such a thing :angel:We should all live by your example :worship:

you are a couple of baddiesGuilty as charged :o

I'll always remember the pic you did of Bepa :crying2: and standing in a puddle of green clay because of its authenticity. In fact, I thought of it when I posted my comment above :p

She was supposedly calm in her last match, so let's hope that we can finally usher in an era of peaceful Bepa :angel:

rrfnpump
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:28 AM
That was mean to poor Bepa,now she will be after you in berlin,you and the poster above you are always refering to her occasional habit of :sad: I would never do such a thing :angel: you are a couple of baddies

she will be after me with a rolling pin I am afraid :unsure: :sad:

Basti, it's your job to sit in the stands with an mp3 player and speaker and project that sound onto the court in order to soothe Bepa :D

yes, I thought about that :)

She was supposedly calm in her last match, so let's hope that we can finally usher in an era of peaceful Bepa :angel:

we will see :tape: if she draws Dushevina I think she wont be peaceful
I just hope she gets a quite good draw!

rrfnpump
Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:20 PM
My 10,000 post is dedicated to the one and only :baby: :bigcry: :crazy: :hearts: :yeah:

pav
Apr 24th, 2006, 09:20 AM
My 10,000 post is dedicated to the one and only :baby: :bigcry: :crazy: :hearts: :yeah:

Great dedication!:worship:

rrfnpump
Apr 24th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I hope to see Vera playing Fed Cup again soon.
I think there will be a lot of changes in the russian team next years and a Vera version 2004 could be a steady factor in that team. Vera plays good in Fed Cup. She pushed Mauresmo to three sets.

nick_chicane
Apr 25th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Well considering how poorly the Russian C team did at the weekend, i think Vera has every chance of getting back in the Fed Cup side if she can put abit of form together!! :)

Epigone
Apr 25th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I think that Bepa would only be selected to play doubles, and given the results of her current partnership, I don't think that Tarpischev would even consider her right now :sad:

Besides, I dunno if Bepa will make herself available to play Fed Cup if she doesn't think that she can bring something to the team :shrug:

Epigone
Apr 25th, 2006, 02:25 PM
The top 8 seeds for Estoril look to be

1. Lucie Safarova
2. Mara Santangelo
3. Catalina Castano
4. Lourdes Dominguez Lino
5. Vera Zvonareva
6. Roberta Vinci
7. Vera Dushevina
8. Jie Zheng

Of course I think Bepa has a great chance of winning, but realistically, what kind of performances will she produce? :o

Foot's Fingers
Apr 26th, 2006, 09:59 AM
The top 8 seeds for Estoril look to be

1. Lucie Safarova
2. Mara Santangelo
3. Catalina Castano
4. Lourdes Dominguez Lino
5. Vera Zvonareva
6. Roberta Vinci
7. Vera Dushevina
8. Jie Zheng

Of course I think Bepa has a great chance of winning, but realistically, what kind of performances will she produce? :o

hope for "red clay magic" for Zvonareva

and another title

nick_chicane
Apr 26th, 2006, 05:33 PM
God, how depressing to look at that list and see Vera 5TH!!!

Those are poor players, Vera shouldnt be playing in tournaments against players like those! :sad:

rrfnpump
Apr 26th, 2006, 06:13 PM

Those are poor players, Vera shouldnt be playing in tournaments against players like those! :sad:

Lucie is very talented! Mara also
they are not poor players, but I agree that Vera should be in another league

I am afraid she draws Li Na in first round
she hasnt had much luck with the draws lately

Solitaire
Apr 27th, 2006, 04:20 AM

On the brightside at least she's seeded. :)

nick_chicane
Apr 27th, 2006, 07:31 AM
On the brightside at least she's seeded. :)

God, well if she wasnt seeded in a list like that, then i really would be worried!!

Oh and my comments about the players being poor wasnt meant quite like it sounded!! I meant that a Vera of 2 years ago, would have wiped the floor with them and that is why it is hard to take that she is seeded below players like that!

azmad_88
Apr 27th, 2006, 07:43 AM
its ok vera..we believe in u...u can do well

goldenlox
Apr 27th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Vera is still young. She'll be back in the top 10.

Solitaire
Apr 28th, 2006, 09:25 AM
God, well if she wasnt seeded in a list like that, then i really would be worried!!

Oh and my comments about the players being poor wasnt meant quite like it sounded!! I meant that a Vera of 2 years ago, would have wiped the floor with them and that is why it is hard to take that she is seeded below players like that!

There are some good players on that list. But yes Vera of old would have been at the top of sed list.

rrfnpump
Apr 29th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Vera withdrew from Estoril :sad: :unsure:

goldenlox
Apr 29th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Estoril wasn't important. Vera getting healthy, and getting her confidence back up,
that's important.

rrfnpump
Apr 29th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Vera better come to Berlin :armed:

Epigone
Apr 29th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Was it as a result of her ankle injury or just because she didn't feel like turning up?

This kinda thing also happened last year :unsure:

Epigone
Apr 29th, 2006, 11:14 PM
I've once again come across the 3rd set of Bepa's 2004 QF match against Serena in L.A.

She just hit a couple of winners to go up 3-2*, and had 29 winners at the point in the match :worship:

It just goes to show that she is capable of so much more than what she is producing at the moment :sad:

Bounce back! :bounce:

paranoia0809
Apr 29th, 2006, 11:42 PM
What's the exact reason of her withdraw? :(

goldenlox
Apr 30th, 2006, 07:04 PM
I sometimes watch Vera's Montreal match with Sharapova. Vera should be in the top, and she knows it.

Foot's Fingers
May 1st, 2006, 01:26 PM
Vera :hug: Hope she is healthy

paranoia0809
May 1st, 2006, 06:21 PM
What's the exact reason of her withdraw? :(

Nobody who knows? :confused:

andrewbroad
May 3rd, 2006, 02:11 AM
Illness is the reason for her withdrawal from Estoril, according to WTA Notes & Netcords (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/media/notesandnetcords/). Get well soon Bepa!

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/)

Solitaire
May 3rd, 2006, 06:14 AM
Awwww maybe she has an upset tummy. :sad: Get well soon!!

Foot's Fingers
May 3rd, 2006, 08:57 AM
Vera! Get well

rrfnpump
May 3rd, 2006, 11:10 AM
come to Berlin, Vera, and I'll take care of you :angel:

Epigone
May 3rd, 2006, 10:56 PM
come to Berlin, Vera, and I'll take care of you :angel:You might need a doctor to take care of you if she thinks you're getting too close :smash: :p

rrfnpump
May 4th, 2006, 08:07 PM
You might need a doctor to take care of you if she thinks you're getting too close :smash: :p

:scared:
I hope she comes to Berlin - the field is so poor for a Tier I and Bepa with a good draw can do some damage

Foot's Fingers
May 5th, 2006, 08:04 AM
:scared:
I hope she comes to Berlin - the field is so poor for a Tier I and Bepa with a good draw can do some damage

for example to have WC in first round who will play match of her life (ask Nastya in Poland or Vera against Sfar :tape: )

rrfnpump
May 5th, 2006, 08:13 AM
for example to have WC in first round who will play match of her life (ask Nastya in Poland or Vera against Sfar :tape: )

Sfar....... :help:

we dont have such a talented WC here in Germany :p

Foot's Fingers
May 5th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Sfar....... :help:

we dont have such a talented WC here in Germany :p

Really hope so :devil:

rrfnpump
May 6th, 2006, 04:19 PM
not a wc but Gisela Dulko in first round
winnable match :) but in second round Nadya :( :(

goldenlox
May 6th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Tough draw
Vera Zvonareva (RUS) v Gisela Dulko (ARG)
(2)Nadia Petrova (RUS) v BYE

nick_chicane
May 6th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah, very tough!! Dulko is strange, shes either good or hopeless!! Theirs no inbetween!!

Petrova's playing really well at the moment, Vera just cant get that bit of luck she needs to put together a few wins! :(

Epigone
May 6th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Regardless of Nadia's form, I don't ever want Bepa meeting her until the final :sobbing:

Stupid draw :fiery:

Solitaire
May 7th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Yeah, very tough!! Dulko is strange, shes either good or hopeless!! Theirs no inbetween!!

Petrova's playing really well at the moment, Vera just cant get that bit of luck she needs to put together a few wins! :(

I totally agree about Dulko and Nadia. What if just what if Bepa beat both ladies! Oh to dream.

nick_chicane
May 7th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Regardless of Nadia's form, I don't ever want Bepa meeting her until the final :sobbing:

Stupid draw :fiery:

Well unfortunately due to Vera's rank, were gonna see her drawing alot of the better players earlier in the rounds! :sad:

On a lighter note, i dont think Petrova will be too happy knowing she could face Vera in the 2nd round, Petrova knows Vera has talent and i reckon she'll be hoping Dulko wins.

goldenlox
May 7th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Dulko will not be an easy match.
And playing Nadia early can be okay sometimes.
Kirilenko beat Nadia in Dubai.
But first-Dulko

Foot's Fingers
May 8th, 2006, 08:31 AM
draw :fiery: against Nadia

but Dulko fisrt

Foot's Fingers
May 8th, 2006, 08:33 AM
doubles draw

Klaudia Jans (POL) / Mervana Jugic-Salkic (BIH)
Anastassia Rodionova (RUS / Andreea Vanc (ROM)
Vera Zvonareva (RUS) / Meilen Tu (USA)
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) / Anabel Medina Garigues (ESP) [8]

Hmmmm
Just hope Vera takes doubles not seriosly now
Cos Tu as a partner..... it's to win match or two but not more
Anyway her doubles ranking without defending Berlin points from last year goes to down

Have they split forever with Lena?

Foot's Fingers
May 8th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Monday, May 8, 2006

Steffi Graf Stadium (from 11.00hrs)
1. Bychkova vs. Smashnova
2. Lisicki vs. Santangelo
3. Sugiyama vs. Razzano
4. Sánchez Lorenzo vs. Safina
5. Zvonareva vs. Dulko

Good Luck