PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Injuries caused Zvonareva to fall to 42nd in the year-end rankings, well off her career high of nine in 2004. She showed top-10 form on Thursday, overwhelming the 27th-ranked Kirilenko with a display of accuracy and power.

"It was my third match of the year and I was really happy with the way I looked on the court," Zvonareva said.

Harju.
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:33 PM
3 wins in a row guys. When was the last time? :p

Allez Bepa. Good luck against Dani.

KV
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Very pleased Bepa's back in town. Great to make it to the semis, good luck vs. Dani. Vera's the game to def. Dani, she can defend as hell. :D

paranoia0809
Jan 5th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Congratulations Vera. It's so unlooked-for well. I'm proud to be a fan of you Vera :clap2:

Sweep
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:49 PM
If Vera plays like she did against Makiri she has a great chance of overcoming Daniela.

Good luck Vera. :) May the force be with you.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:10 AM
and she did just that
6-2 6-2 demo job on Daniela

Vera into final :banana: :D :)
good luck in final now ;)

nick_chicane
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Yeah, that is impressive stuff, to hold Hantuchova to only 4 games is fantastic stuff!! She really must be playing well!!

With Petrova retiring, its now a final win Marion Bartoli and im sure Vera will be VERY happy with that!!

Could we have another title in only her 1st tournament of the year? Its looking very likely now!! :bounce: :)

pav
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Into the Doubles final too They won 7 5 - 3 6 - 75 :)

Shoulderpova
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:24 AM
:) :) :):) :) :):) :) :):) :) :):) :) :)

daniela86
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Yayyyy!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Another easy win :bigclap: :worship: :worship: Congrats Bepa,one more match and the title is yours :aparty: :D Marion won the 9 last matchs she played,she must be confidence but Vera leads 3/0 in H2H and has never lost a set against Marion so I definitly think she will take the title:D :cool: :bounce: (hope I won't jinx her :tape: )
Moreover,it's very likely Vera takes the title in dubz too (it would be sooo great for her :bigclap: :clap2: ) ,Lena/Vera will play against Loit/Strycova tomorrow! Good luck in single and in dubz Bepa!!! :rocker: :rocker2: Davai!!

Andy.
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Good to see Vera back in great form

tobi
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Vera :woohoo: :banana:

Wonderful win again :D

Singles and Doubles final :D :crazy:

Good Luck :kiss:

Harju.
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Come on Vera. Start this year with a BANG and claim your first title for the season tomorrow :hearts:.

Udachi :bounce:

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Vera is giving up very few games. One more time.

KV
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Great Vera in the final. :D Expected her to beat Dani. Of course if things get going Vera's expected to reach the final. Really happy Vera's in the final.

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Zvonareva used the Auckland tournament this week as a first step up the WTA singles ladder. She fell off her peak ranking of ninth when her form was affected by illness and injury in the second half last year.

She made light work of Hantuchova, a player ranked 17th after a career-best fifth in 2003.

"I'm really happy with my game, especially with the kind of conditions we had today," Zvonareva said. "The wind wasn't as strong as it has been but it was changing direction all the time and it was really difficult to play beautiful tennis. You just had to hang in there."

Epigone
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:00 PM
"The wind wasn't as strong as it has been but it was changing direction all the time and it was really difficult to play beautiful tennis. You just had to hang in there."Bepa showing patience :unsure:
Man, what a great start to the year! :dance:

Winning is one thing, but winning while dropping just six games in the past two matches is :worship:

Bepa, we never gave up believing in you, so go out there and make it happen :hug:

pav
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Her groundstroke placement and power has been very impressive, only worry yesterday was Her 1st serve % and Marion was moving in on Nadia's 2nd serve and teeing off.
After serving some Df's Bepa did give one racquet a bit of a talking to and a good little whack with Her hand and then stomped over and got another one which served Her an ace followed by a nother Df :) But altogether a great show! brought tears to My eyes:sad: :) a few times.

One of the commentators said She has been working this week with Sam,a French coach Who also works with Meilen Tu

Her attitude seems a hell of a lot better,in the match against Masha She ran up to the net to a high bouncing ball that She could have overheaded anywhere ,but for some reason sent it back to Masha ,Who lobbed it over Her and Bepa was laughing as She attempted to chase it. She did do the odd teapot and a bit of muttering in the SF but seemed to get back to the job at hand.

_LuCaS_
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Wonderful tourney so far Bepa :D
Now grab that title, good luck

Epigone
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:33 PM
From wtatour.com (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/newsroom/?ContentID=121)
Zvonareva, Bartoli Reach Auckland Final

AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Although the two ASB Classic semifinal matches were very different in nature, they both had the same result, in that top two seeds Nadia Petrova and Daniela Hantuchova were both knocked out by lower-seeded opponents at the $145,000 Tier IV hardcourt event.

In Friday's first semifinal, tenacious Russian Vera Zvonareva exhibited the kind of tennis that once had her ranked in the world's Top 10, decimating No.2 seed Daniela Hantuchova 62 62 in little over an hour to reach her seventh career Sony Ericsson WTA Tour singles final. Zvonareva, seeded No.8, dictated play from the baseline with her deep, forceful groundstrokes, benefiting from 30 unforced errors from her weary opponent, who was coming off a marathon, three-hour-plus quarterfinal victory from the day before.

"It looked comfortable from the side but I think it was a really tough match no matter what the scoreboard says," said Zvonareva, who will be playing in her first Tour singles final since capturing her third career title at Memphis in February of last year. The 21-year-old was ranked in the Top 10 (as high as No.9) throughout the second half of 2004 and early in 2005, but has since dropped all the way down to No.42 following a lengthy struggle with injury last season.

"The conditions were very tough and Vera just dealt with it much better," said Hantuchova, who during the match seemed bothered by the swirling winds. "I think if she plays like this there's no reason she can't get back to the Top 10. She's got a great game because there's not much that can really go wrong as she's very solid from both sides."

The second semifinal had all the makings of a contrasting, tight three-setter, but tournament favorite Petrova was forced to retire due to a left groin strain while trailing 2-1 in the third, sending No.6 seed Marion Bartoli into her career-first Tour singles final with a 36 64 21 victory.

"It's absolutely amazing to be in the final here," said Bartoli, a semifinalist in Auckland the last two years. "I cannot dream for a better result than this and when I came over and saw the draw I was like, 'oh my gosh just to reach the semifinal would be a very good result.'"

"It's not too bad but it could've been worse if I had continued to play," said Petrova, who was trying to reach her sixth career Tour singles final. She had also been taken to three sets in her only prior encounter with Bartoli, but was able to pull that one off at the Paris [Indoors] event in 2005.

Zvonareva and Bartoli have travelled markedly different paths in reaching the final. Zvonareva has barely broken a sweat, defeating fellow former Top 10 player Paola Suárez 62 63 in the first round, Korea's Yoon Jeong Cho 63 26 61 in the second and No.4 seed Maria Kirilenko 62 60 in the quarters before routing Hantuchova. Bartoli has had a tougher time, beating fellow Frenchwoman Emilie Loit 67(5) 63 61 in the opening round, talented American Laura Granville 36 62 62 in the second, and Germany's Julia Schruff 62 60 in the quarters before the aforementioned win over Petrova.

The head-to-head record firmly points to Zvonareva being the favorite on Saturday. The Russian has easily won all three of their prior meetings in straight sets, a 61 62 win on the red clay of Strasbourg in 2003, a 62 63 victory at the indoor hardcourt event in Linz in 2003, and finally another 62 63 victory in 2004 at Los Angeles, on outdoor hardcourts.

The doubles final will also be contested on Saturday, with top seeds Zvonareva and Elena Likhovtseva facing No.4 seeds Loit and Barbora Strycova for the title. The Russian pairing of Zvonareva and Likhovtseva ousted No.3 seeds and defending champions Shinobu Asagoe and Katarina Srebotnik 75 36 75 in a late match on Friday, while Loit and Strycova ousted Yulia Beygelzimer and Mervana Jugic-Salkic 63 63 earlier in the day.

Currently in its 21st year, the ASB Classic boasts an impressive list of former winners, including Leila Meskhi, Dominique Van Roost, Julie Halard-Decugis, Anna Smashnova, Eleni Daniilidou and Katarina Srebotnik. Former runners-up include Sabine Appelmans, Silvia Farina Elia, Cara Black and Suárez. The winner's cheque this year is $22,900, while the losing finalist pockets $12,345.It sounds like Bepa is in pretty good form :cool:

The red part is highlighted for GL :angel:

Sweep
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about.

WHAT. A. RESULT.

WELL DONE BEPA! Good luck in the final! You can do it!

Epigone
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Tennis: Thriller sets scene for clean sweep by Zvonareva
By Terry Maddaford

In teaming with Elena Likhovtseva in a spine-tingling three-set victory last evening, Vera Zvonareva has given herself the chance of a Classic clean sweep today.

Already through to the ASB Classic singles final, Zvonareva then joined compatriot Likhovtseva in a titanic 2h 23m doubles semifinal.

The top seeds eventually got home 7-5, 3-6, 7-5 over third seeds Katarina Srebotnik and Shinobu Asagoe to book a place against fourth seeds Emile Loit and Barbora Strycova in this afternoon's final.

Ironically, Srebotnik last year completed the first singles-doubles haul in 12 years.

For Likhovtseva, her fourth appearance at the ASB Tennis Centre will be her last as she plans to quit the WTA circuit at the end of the year and settle into family life.

"It would be good to win a title on my last visit," said the popular 30-year-old. "I would have preferred it to be singles but I will still be happy if I can win the doubles.

"Today was the first day I have felt good," said the world No 18, blaming her lethargic start on jet lag.

Asked whether she and Zvonareva played to a set plan, she said Zvonareva tended to serve first. "That's how we started out. We have just stuck to that."

The pair obviously enjoy their time on court together.

"It is more fun when you play with another Russian," Likhovtseva said. "We can talk in Russian without having to whisper."

There was added satisfaction for the Russian duo in winning - it was the first time in three battles with their Japanese/Slovenian opponents they have won.

The victory also gives Likhovtseva the chance of a 25th WTA doubles crown and a second with Zvonareva after their success in Berlin last year.

Likhovtseva, who turned professional in January 1992, will play her 51st doubles final today. She has also won three of eight singles finals.

In the earlier semifinal, Loit and Strycova beat unseeded Yulia Beygelzimer and 2004 doubles winner Mervana Jugic-Salkic in straight sets.link (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=4&ObjectID=10362716)

Almalyk
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Vera has been in the best of form this week. She has been the player of the week in terms of both defense and. I have enjoyed watching her at the venue! And I am now a big fan!

I will do some updating of the scores in the ASB Classic scoring thread if anyone is following :)

Harju.
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:41 AM
It sucks that Bepa couldn't claim the title :bigcry:. But take the bright side, it's been a great week for us.

Here's the Sydney draw :

1) Clijsters - bye
Pennetta - Q
Q - Chakvetadze
Sugiyama - (7) Schiavone

Schnyder (3) - bye
Hantuchova - Mirza
Likhovtseva - Q
Stosur - Vaidisova (8)

Henin-Hardenne (5) - Hingis
Q - Zvonareva
Dulko - Kirilenko
bye - Petrova (4)

Kuznetsova (6) - Asagoe
Groenefeld - Safina
Peng - Ivanovic
bye - Mauresmo (2)

:scared: Tough one.

nick_chicane
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Well i just feel the week has eventually caught up with her, its been a while since Vera has had to play a singles and a doubles final in the same tournament so im not surprised she looks to have just run out of steam!!

Its still a massively successful week and theirs alot for Vera to be pleased about!! :)

As for Sydney, Henin-Hardenne is in a shocking vein of form, so i wouldnt be surprised to see Hingis win that, and the jury is still out to whether Hingis will do anything big on the womens tour, Vera's already demolished Kirilenko this week and i dont really think much of Petrova anyway, so really, i dont think the draw is as daunting as it could have been!!

tobi
Jan 7th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Vera :sobbing: :(

But wonderful week and a doubles title :D

OMG Sydney draw is :unsure:

But Vera just win your first match and wait,we will see what will happen ;)

Good Luck :D

daniela86
Jan 7th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Vera :bigcry: :bigcry: :sobbing: I was so sure she would win :sobbing: but as you said,she had a great and promising week all the same :D and I'm sure she isn't that disappointed.:angel:
Congrats Vera/Lena for the title in dubz :yeah: They defeated 6/3 6/4 Strycova/Loit :bigclap: Hopefully they'll manage to qualify for YEC this year too.:D

As far as Sydney's draw is concerned,I think Vera has a very difficult draw :scared: :scared: According to MightyMashaFan's reports,Hénin seems to be in a great shape and when she plays at her best,she is extremely difficult to beat :scared: but one match at time :) Good luck in the 1st round Vera!! :cool: Come on!!

daniela86
Jan 7th, 2006, 02:12 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/auckland/f_24.jpg
Vera and Lena with their trophy :D :D

Shoulderpova
Jan 7th, 2006, 02:49 PM
at least we have a title :awww:

Epigone
Jan 7th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Bepa :sobbing:

I feel kinda responsible because I wasn't here to follow the final :sad:, but :yippee: on winning the doubles title

The Sydney draw is :shrug:

Who knows what will happen, so I'm not going to worry about it at the moment. I'll just go there and cheer for Bepa like crazy :crazy:

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:16 PM
That would have been nice to win the final.
The draw here is crazy. At least she gets a practice match before Justine.

Epigone
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I think that Anastasiya Yakimova looks like the most dangerous player left in qualifying, so I want her to stay away from Bepa :p

I'll try to keep an eye on the qualifying matches to scout her potential opponent

Epigone
Jan 7th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Bepa and Lena are following up their doubles title in Auckland by...not playing doubles in Sydney :shrug:

I wanted to watch lots of matches :sad:

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Not playing doubles is strange. It could mean they want to go to Melbourne early.
I'd like an explanation. Vera, what's going on?

nick_chicane
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Not playing doubles is strange. It could mean they want to go to Melbourne early.
I'd like an explanation. Vera, what's going on?

Maybe shes just trying to cut down her schedule this year, she played a massive amount of doubles matches over the last few years and maybe shes decided to relax it a little this year after the injuries last year!!

I'd rather Vera cut down her doubles schedule than end up worn out and injured again!!

pav
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:03 PM
No doubles because bad Bepa sent a forehand smack into Elenas face early in the match,it hit Her on the cheek ,just missing pinning Her slightly protuding left ear to Her head! Made Elena stop and rub Her face for a while,the ball dropped on the other side of the net,but not sure if They won the point or not. Elena said at the end when asked about it that it was alright because She hit Bepa when They played Their first Doubles match. I think Bepa has been sent to stand in a corner :sad:

It was good as the ASB went on,listening to the commentators and reporters becoming increasingly impressed with Bepa, They sort of ignored Her to start with,going on about Dani and Dokic etc. although She did star in the Zoo clip. They slowly came to think She might be worth a mention, the comm. on the radio was very impressed with Her 3rd set against Cho, but still was picking Kirilenko to win. One reporter wrote after the Aza. Maria battle that They were sure to contest a Slam Final in the future,so I think They got a bit of a shock when Bepa demolished Her. A shame She couldn't leap the last hurdle as They seem to report on the champs progress for the rest of the year

daniela86
Jan 8th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Vera will face Vera Dushevina in the 1st round.It's time for the revenge of the Australian Open 2005 :D Good luck Vera Z!! :cool: :bigclap: :clap2: ;)

Order of Play:

Hingis vs. Henin- Hardenne
ATP
Hantuchova vs. Mirza
Not before 7:30 pm
Stosur vs. Vaidisova
ATP

Court 2 11:00
Sugiyama vs. Schiavone
atp
ALG vs. Safina
Mauresmo/Kuznetsova vs. Sekulovski/Watson
atp

Court 3 12:00
Krizian/Russell vs. McShea/Stewart
Peng/Sun vs. Ruano-Pas/Suarez
Camerin/Fujiwara vs. Dulko/Kirlenko

Court 5 11:00
Li vs. Pennetta
Yan vs. Chakvatadze
atp
Morariu/Stubbs vs. Binerova/Navratilova

Court 6 11:00
atp
Douchevina vs. Zvonareva
Likhotseva vs. Fedak
atp

tobi
Jan 8th, 2006, 03:05 PM
good luck to Vera :D :kiss:

goldenlox
Jan 8th, 2006, 05:50 PM
No doubles because bad Bepa sent a forehand smack into Elenas face early in the match,it hit Her on the cheek ,just missing pinning Her slightly protuding left ear to Her head! Made Elena stop and rub Her face for a while,the ball dropped on the other side of the net,but not sure if They won the point or not. Elena said at the end when asked about it that it was alright because She hit Bepa when They played Their first Doubles match. I think Bepa has been sent to stand in a corner :sad:
Are they fighting? :boxing: :armed: :speakles:

Epigone
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:03 PM
A bit of an update (considering you know that Bepa is the only player I'm afraid of communicating with, so I didn't talk to her :o)

She trained once with Lena and once just with her coach. Her coach is a lefty and I think he's French :scratch:. I'll try to find out this morning.

Hmmm, I saw her from a few courts away while she was jogging, and recognised her immediately. I dunno how to put this...she appears to looks different to the way she did last year...perhaps a little heavier? :shrug: :o :bolt:

However, the important thing is that she is striking the ball very well and her retrieving was also very good. She was smiling quite often, but she was still doing her teapot impersonation and yelling a bit ("ah, Jesus!!!" and some **** words :p).

I think she should be the favourite against Vera D., despite the scoreline she had against Shenay Perry. Bepa is more powerful off the ground, and she'll move Vera around a lot. She just has to be aware that Vera might try to dropshot her, so she has to be prepared to move into the net :)

goldenlox
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:08 PM
A bit of an update (considering you know that Bepa is the only player I'm afraid of communicating with, so I didn't talk to her :o)

:)Vera is the lucky one :D
Take a picture of Sam, the coach.

Epigone
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Vera is the lucky one :D
Take a picture of Sam, the coach.GL with a zinger :D

I do have pics of her coach, but I might have to wait to get home to post them :o

They seem to work well together, but I didn't observe them for too long. I'll see what I can find out about him :)

pav
Jan 8th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Glad Bepa is keeping up on the cursing skills, She looked to Me to be a bit more solid ,more back to the shape She was the Year before, The comm. on the radio was following Her match against Cho, and was impressed with the power of Her groundstrokes, then must have looked at Her Bio. weight and straight away said "She must weigh more than that!"I've tried to find out some info on Lefty FrenchSam but haven't heard back yet. I hope Bepa D. plays like She did over here against Nadia, She didn't look with it at all,but I know She is capable of better than that. They thought over here Bepa had a bit of an American accent in Her speech:fiery:

pav
Jan 9th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Todays result is an insult to Her self after watching both play in Auckland, what goes on in that Head?

Solitaire
Jan 9th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Todays result is an insult to Her self after watching both play in Auckland, what goes on in that Head?

That is a mystery that no one will ever be able to solve not even Vera herself. I hope this year isn't going to be up and down (mostly down) like last year.

pav
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:31 AM
That is a mystery that no one will ever be able to solve not even Vera herself. I hope this year isn't going to be up and down (mostly down) like last year.
I can usually take this sort of thing, but after Her great run last week I really thought She might plow on ahead,specially losing the third like that, I'll be interested to here from Epi as He would have watched that match

Shoulderpova
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:13 AM
:sad:

nick_chicane
Jan 9th, 2006, 07:06 AM
It really is a rollercoaster ride to hell and back following Vera!! Its so disheartening at times!! :sad:

rrfnpump
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:20 AM
I am back from my trip :bigwave:

Well, it was a great stat for Vera into 2006 with reaching the finals and thrashing Makiri and Daniela big time. That she lost in the finals was ok for me - we should remember that this is still kind of a comeback for her and we cant expect her to win a tournament at the very beginning. At least she got the doubles titles with Lena. Actually, I thought Auckland was a great start into 2006 for Vera as she played 10 competitive matches which means great match praxis!
Thats why I absolutely cannot understand this pathetic loss against Dushevina today :o Vera D got ger ass kicked by Nadya last week and didnt play well lately. I hope Martin can give us some information why she lost! Too bad he cant watch more matches of Vera this week :awww: :hug:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 9th, 2006, 10:11 AM
all the best to all Vera's fans

thnks fopr all reports
interesting to read

Congrats with good performance last week ending by doubles title
But another Australian lose to Vera D is so sad

At least Vera will be seeded at AO

daniela86
Jan 9th, 2006, 03:40 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: I also can't understand Vera :sad: I really tought she was in confidence and that she would win that match easily :sad: :sad: The final set wasn't even close :o :bigcry:
I really hope she'll play better at Melbourne and make us forget that disappointing week. Davai Vera :hug: :hug: :hug: I believe in you :hug:

Epigone
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:04 PM
OMG, Bepa was on her best behaviour last week, but she reverted back to her :scared: old self in this match :sobbing:

Now, if I detail every little thing she did, I'd be here all day, so I'll just give a brief outline:

1st set
She missed some BP chances at 2-1* and was then broken at *2-2.
After missing a GP, she yelled "argh, sh*t!!!"
She went and talked to the umpire at something like *4-4 and was complaining about calls
Towards the end of the set, she fell on the ground and clutched her head :help:

2nd set
At *0-0, she was already complaining at the ballboy. I dunno why, but she was pointing at the sky, and then grabbed two balls. I don't think he was delivering them the way she wanted :o
At 1-0*,she was complaining about her FH and saying something like "there's no speed!". (I think her coach had got her to change the way she grips the racquet because she kept complaing about the angle of the face with respect to the ball)
At 2-1*, she yelled out something like "I can't play this!"
At *2-2, she gave the ballkid another mouthful :o and was walking around talking to herself
At 3-2*, she had BPx3, but lost 4 straight points, although she still managed to break.
At *4-2 (I think), she got mad at a lincall and walked to the net
She did some other stuff towards the end of the set, but it was mainly muttering

After the 2nd set, she held up 10 fingers to her coach and he nodded. Then she took a 10 minute break because the heat rule was in effect.

3rd set
Bepa got the opening break when Vera DF on BP, but gave it tight back after some good rallies in the following game
At *1-2, she served a DF a yelled out a "Sh*t!!!" that could have been heard 3 courts away. She also majorly stared down a linesperson and despite serving an ace at 15-40, she was broken.
At 1-3*, she started talking to her coach more than usual, and she picked up a ball and slammed it into the court on the spot of a disputed ace call.
After a game (in the middle of the set), she walked back to her chair and slammed her racquet into it. After she sat down, she slammed the racquet into her bag and started crying :o
Later in the set, she yelled at the linesperson/umpire "Are you crazy? The ball was out by this (holding up hands) much!!!". Then she spiked a ball into the court and threw her racquet into the air, but didn't catch it.
After one point (I forget when), she crouched down and then lay on the ground and it looked like she was crying :o

This list isn't exhaustive, but it gives you an idea of what happened :o. She was hitting the ball pretty well, although Vera D. was probably more consistent in longer rallies because Bepa was going for too much. When Bepa got :mad:, she played some really wild shots and threw away points :sad:.

After reading the reports last week, there was no way I was expecting her to behave like that :o. Vera D. played very good tennis, but she was helped greatly by Bepa losing control :sad:.

So, I waited a whole year to watch Bepa live and she once again lost her opening match due in large part to her going :cuckoo: :p :sad:

rrfnpump
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:08 PM
doesnt sound too good :(
Vera needs a coach that kicks her butt after such matches - she cannot behave like this :o . Martin, you should have screamed "Vera, behave like a woman and not like a child" - but she would have killed you probably if you did
thanks for the report :hug:

daniela86
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:15 PM
doesnt sound too good :(
Vera needs a coach that kicks her butt after such matches - she cannot behave like this :o . Martin, you should have screamed "Vera, behave like a woman and not like a child" - but she would have killed you probably if you did
thanks for the report :hug:
Yeah, you should have yelled something as you did last year :p ;)
It seems Vera will never grow up and it's heartbreaking :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :sad: but at least she lost to someone I like :hug:

rrfnpump
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah, you should have yelled something as you did last year :p ;)
It seems Vera will never grow up and it's heartbreaking :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :sad: but at least she lost to someone I like :hug:

I dislike Dushevina sooo much :fiery:
I dislike her as much as Vera does :devil:

Epigone
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I dislike Dushevina sooo much :fiery:
I dislike her as much as Vera does :devil::lol:

It would have been much easier to cheer for Bepa if her opponent didn't share her name :p

Harju.
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Well at least you get to see the temperament's Bepa. :tape: It would be weird though not to see Bepa not emotional on the court. Thanks for the report :yeah:

It sucks that she lost, but I bet she's tired after playing for the whole week last week. Anyway, here's for a good draw @ AO :banana:

nick_chicane
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the update epi, that is pathetic hearing how she acted, i feel sorry for you that that had to be your first experience of seeing her live, i was fortunate enough to see her when she was winning so it was enjoyable!!

I just cant see how shes ever gonna grow up and get rid of this shocking behaviour!! :sad:

Epigone
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the update epi, that is pathetic hearing how she acted, i feel sorry for you that that had to be your first experience of seeing her live, i was fortunate enough to see her when she was winning so it was enjoyable!!

I just cant see how shes ever gonna grow up and get rid of this shocking behaviour!! :sad:Nah, this was the 4th time I've seen her live :p

I watched her beat Schett at the Gold Coast in 2004, lose to Davenport in Sydney in 2004, lose to Zuluaga in Sydney in 2005, and now this loss :sobbing:.

It just sux that she is in great form but I only get to see one match because she went :cuckoo: :p

Foot's Fingers
Jan 9th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Epigone,

you reports is reverting us to Vera version 2005

Last week was too good Hope it was not only her one good week in 2006 like Memphis and Berlin in 2005

I still hope to see Vera calm and ready for losing and winning without too many emotions And i hope that one day Epi will report us abt great wonderful match seeing live and playing by Vera Zvonareva

PS Vera, i beleive in you!!! You are in my heart

Epigone
Jan 9th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Last week was too good Hope it was not only her one good week in 2006 like Memphis and Berlin in 2005Berlin 2005 was a bad tournament :tape:. That's when she lost to Peschke.

She kicked Lex out of the stands and went crazy during the match :o

You're thinking of Rome :angel:

I still hope to see Vera calm and ready for losing and winning without too many emotions And i hope that one day Epi will report us abt great wonderful match seeing live and playing by Vera ZvonarevaThat's what I'd like to report one day soon :D

PS Vera, i beleive in you!!! You are in my heart:worship:

tobi
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Vera's behaviour according to Epigone :scared: :o :cuckoo:

Thats a bad loss :(

But I am still liking her as ever,and believe she can do some damage with a good draw at Aus Open :banana: :D

Thanx for the reports Epigone :)

paranoia0809
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Davai Bepa, try to forget this week as soon as possible and concentrate you on AO.

WE STILL BELIEVE IN YOU :kiss:

Btw: Vera without any emotions shouldn't be the Vera we like so much ;)

@Epi: thx for your report. It's a beauty :worship:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 9th, 2006, 09:40 PM
epigone,

for sure i was thinking abt Italy not Berlin
Sorry ;)

pav
Jan 10th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Bepa looked so good and in control of Herself in Auckland I was looking forward to Her really taking it to someone like HeninH.That was a bit of counting the bloody chickens before They hatched:fiery: The Official first hand Epi report was even worse than I expected,along with the other witness behind court # 6 :eek:

goldenlox
Jan 10th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Where are the pictures?

Sweep
Jan 10th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I hope Vera forgets the match, and goes into the AO with confidence. She'll be fine.

Epigone
Jan 10th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Where are the pictures?I have pics, but I didn't take too many because I was afraid that Bepa would :smash: me :p

I'll post some when I get home (including one where she is crouching on the court in despair :o)

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by epigone -

Towards the end of the set, she fell on the ground and clutched her head :help:

After a game (in the middle of the set), she walked back to her chair and slammed her racquet into it. After she sat down, she slammed the racquet into her bag and started crying :o

After one point (I forget when), she crouched down and then lay on the ground and it looked like she was crying :o

Vera should be an actress.

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Vera in Sydney -

http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/08/UmOoIpLRlw1nm1t.jpg

http://www.mediaupload.net/images/2006/Jan/08/ZcB2ivbvCEBVr.jpg

pav
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Hingis draws Bepa in the AO and already They are saying what a lucky, easy start for Hingis!:fiery: If Bepa plays like She did in Auckland Hingis should be history

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:52 AM
(we +Vera) vs the whole world :help:
Vera got to control herself here, everyone is gonna be watching this match

come on Vera, got to send Hingis home and wish she never made a comeback.

good luck Vera :)

selyoink
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Tough first round for Vera but she can definitely beat Hingis and should be favored in my opinion. Hingis still has to prove she can play against the power players. She got destroyed by Justine and lost to Flavia as well. No signs yet indicating Hingis can beat some one like Vera. As long as Vera doesn't self destruct anyway.

Epigone
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:16 AM
I guess this means that I'll get to watch Bepa on TV :o

The main thing is that Bepa keeps her temper under control. The crowd will already be extremely pro-Martina, and if Bepa acts like she did in Sydney, then the crowd will punish her sooooo badly :help:

I watched both of them practise this week, and Bepa surely looks to be in better form. The question is whether or not her head is up to the job :unsure:

Solitaire
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:17 AM
I'd give the edge to Vera in this one. I just hope nerves don't get the better of her.

slk45
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:57 AM
The main thing is that Bepa keeps her temper under control. The crowd will already be extremely pro-Martina, and if Bepa acts like she did in Sydney, then the crowd will punish her sooooo badly :help:
Exactly. We don't want to see a brawl between Bepa and the crowd. :eek:
'Cuz u know Vera won't take it lightly. :)

This match is winnable for Vera as long as she keeps her focus!!!

GO BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce:

rrfnpump
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:29 AM
*cough* if she doesnt draw Hingis *cough*

;)

I knew it :o :rolleyes:
what a shitty draw for Vera! Would have preferred Razzano or Serra-Zanetti as a starter

but at least we will all see Vera on TV

_LuCaS_
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Talk about bad luck :(
Keep a sharp head and take her out. ES must cover this match

Epigone
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Remember what happened to Bepa against Mary Pierce at RG?

She was up something like 5-1 in the 1st until Pierce got the crowd on her side after Bepa questioned a linecall, and then Bepa got all :crying2:

The Aussie crowd won't go as low as the crowd at RG, but Bepa will feel alone in the stadium if that happens :scared:

pav
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Remember what happened to Bepa against Mary Pierce at RG?

She was up something like 5-1 in the 1st until Pierce got the crowd on her side after Bepa questioned a linecall, and then Bepa got all :crying2:

The Aussie crowd won't go as low as the crowd at RG, but Bepa will feel alone in the stadium if that happens :scared:

I wrote something about that match before on another thread,the commentators said Bepa had been blasting Pierce off the court,until the circuits started shorting out

Foot's Fingers
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:45 AM
"+" - Vera on TV in prime time, chance to beat Hingis and find more confidance

"-" - all against Vera expect some huge fans in the crowd , Vera still can't control herself when all chering her opponent

Nice draw
Beautiful draw
Can we expect smthng better to start GS vs WC???? :devil:

Good Luck Vera!!!

Just beleive in yrself!!!

Epigone
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Here is a pic I took in Sydney that kinda illustrates how Bepa was feeling :o

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/8563/bepaupset1ag.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

rrfnpump
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:39 AM
thanks for the pic ;)
thats how we know our Bepa!

Vera should be used to be the one against the crowd. with her behaviour she should not wonder about this!
Its a very tough draw (3rd round possible against Ivanovic), but if Vera stays cool she can make it deep. I still have a bad feeling about her first round match against Hingis :unsure:

rrfnpump
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:40 AM
BUT we should not forget
Vera d. Capriati 60 61

all were against her; it was the final match for the YEC and much pressure on her
and she did an awesome job

goldenlox
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Hingis is not the same player she used to be.
But neither is Vera.
Vera has a built in excuse here, a bad draw.
She needs to play like it's important, and not like it's a drama class.

Harju.
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Talk about luck :o. Out of 127 players and she gets Hingis.

She needs to keep her brain in tact during the match to win. Allez Bepa. :worship:

paranoia0809
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:35 PM
OMG What a draw :(

I hope the match will be shown on Eurosport and Vera stands up to the crowd. I want to see Vera finishing this match as a big star :cool:

pav
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I just :hearts: the poll running on GM :Who win Hingis or Pierce?:fiery:

andrewbroad
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:18 AM
*cough* if she doesnt draw Hingis *cough*

;)

Looks like we have a prophet in our midst! :)

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/)

Epigone
Jan 14th, 2006, 06:06 AM
I wrote something about that match before on another thread,the commentators said Bepa had been blasting Pierce off the court,until the circuits started shorting outI found where I posted about that match: Serving at 5-3 in the 1st set, one disputed linecall (Bepa was correct), and the implosion began :bigcry:

After she lost the 1st set TB 7-2, she was upset and yelling at Lex, and then things went downhill in the 2nd set. More disputed linecalls, and lots of booing from the crowd :fiery:

Result - Mary def. Bepa 7-6(2) 7-5 :sad:More discussion on the match are here (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=10407&page=186&pp=40). I was also reading where I posted about the crowd turning against her in Rome after she acted up when playing Schiavone and Mauresmo.

Bepa, behave yourself!!! :angel:

pav
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:08 AM
I just can't stop repeating (Stop it!) how good She was in Auck. When They announced Bepa was entered here the Tourn. Director said She got very emotionly involved in Her matches and the People would find Her entertaining,I think He had some idea, but most of them never knew what They were missing:D They did see some great shots from Her though. I hope to see more of these on Mon. Tues (whenever the bloody hell Day)

rrfnpump
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Looks like we have a prophet in our midst! :)

:lol: I lost 20€ in the casino yesterday

I am so hoping that Vera can play good tennis and that she wins. Because then I would use :ras: very often

Shoulderpova
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Go Bepa. You can do it :hug: :smooch:

nick_chicane
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah, that draw sux!! Real bad luck!! Good luck anyway Vera, you can beat her!! :)

Epigone
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:15 PM
I read an article on Alexus Jones in the GM forum (I have no idea why :scratch: ), and it said that she has worked with Lex Carrington.
Alexus is also training under the watchful eye of the world famous professional coach Lex Carrington. Lex is the current coach of the #9 WTA player in the world Vera Zvonareva. Lex has also coached The #19 ATP Player Vince Spadea Some pics:
pic 1 (http://www.alexusjones.com/Lex2.jpg)
pic 2 (http://www.alexusjones.com/Lex1.jpg)
pic 3 (http://www.alexusjones.com/veraPicture%20024%20copy1.jpg)

You can see Bepa on court with them in pic 3 :p

goldenlox
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Vera, don't be a chicken http://smileys.******************/cat/16/16_3_122.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)
Go for your shots http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/sportlich/e030.gif

No Name Face
Jan 14th, 2006, 05:32 PM
come on bepa. i believe in you.

is she dating her coach, btw?

Epigone
Jan 14th, 2006, 06:27 PM
come on bepa. i believe in you.

is she dating her coach, btw?I've only seen one person say that she was dating him, but I doubt it. Besides, he's not her coach anymore.

Sweep
Jan 14th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Good luck Bepa against Hingis.

You've got the game.

tobi
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:21 AM
I was away for few days.

OMG what a draw for Vera :help:

Hope she can stay calm,especially on that match :scared:

Good Luck Vera :kiss:,just show everybody how calm and wonderful player you can be :cool: :D

rrfnpump
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Vera and Lena are 3seeded in the doubles draw
they face Sekulovski/Watsen in the first round

they have Grönefeld/Shaughnessy and Myskina/Safina in their quarter
I think they will reach the semis at least :D

good luck Vera/Lena :kiss:
I hope Vera also plays mixed

Epigone
Jan 15th, 2006, 11:12 AM
That's a pretty good draw :yeah:

I watched some of the top doubles teams in Sydney, and I think that Bepa and Lena have as good a chance as anyone of taking the title :)

slk45
Jan 16th, 2006, 05:44 AM
C'monnnnn BEPA!!! :bounce: :bounce: You can do it, Vera. Just keep your focus and forget last week. You don't have to win every single point; just 4 per game before Martina does! ;) You've got the game! :bounce:

GO BEPA!! :hug:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 16th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Tuesday, 17 January

Rod Laver Arena Start Time 7.30 PM

Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Martina Hingis (SUI) vs. Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[30]

Will be on TV for sure

Epigone
Jan 16th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Bepa is on the big stage :dance:

It's great that I'll get to see her on TV, but I just hope that she doesn't get caught up in the hype :unsure:

Bepa, we believe in you :hug:

pav
Jan 16th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Which Bepa will be revealed?

rrfnpump
Jan 16th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I am literally scared, guys :scared:
Vera + night session + all fans against her + Hingis = ????

The GM is flooded with all the Hingis threads and her projected matches in the 4th round or quarterfinals. The polls are always like 70 - 30 pro Hingis and nobody except us believes in Vera!

Lets support her tomorrow :bounce: :D
I dont know if I will be able to follow the whole match via livescore as I have to work, but I will try!

Lets get it on Vera fans :armed: :banana:

Epigone
Jan 16th, 2006, 06:41 PM
The match will be shown at 7:30pm my time, but because of daylight saving, that is actually 8:30pm Melbourne time.

I dunno if I should follow the match online or watch the delayed telecast one hour after the match starts :shrug:

My prediction is that Bepa will be on her best behaviour and tennis fans all over the world will get to see what a destructive force she can be :cool:

paranoia0809
Jan 16th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Come on Veraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .....just do it!

It's gonna be a very difficult task but these are also the most beautiful to finish victorious ;)

nick_chicane
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:17 PM
I think its a perfect match for Vera, everyone seems to think Hingis is gonna have it easy, and like you say, are forecasting who she will play in the 4th round!!

If thats not motivation enough to get Vera going and producing some good stuff then nothing will motivate her!! I should expect to see a very good performance from Vera, ive pulled a sicky so i can watch it tomorrow morning so she better have her right head on!! This is her time to shine!! :)

tobi
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I dont think Vera wont be that bad mentally :bowdown:

She also knows all eyes on her :scared:

Good start is very important ;)

KV
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Good luck vs. M. Hingis. GO Bepa

andrewbroad
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Besides, he's not her coach anymore.

Lex Carrington is no longer Bepa's coach? Since when?

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/)

Epigone
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Lex Carrington is no longer Bepa's coach? Since when?Someone in Sydney told me that Lex is now coaching Kloesel and Beygelzimer, and Bepa was working with that Sam guy in Auckland and Sydney.

It could be like Daniela Hantuchova and her Nigel Sears -> Harold Solomon -> Nigel Sears switch, but I'm not sure :shrug:

beauty_is_pink
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Vera against Martina Hingis.. this is gonna be one hella match!
realli would like to see this.

slk45
Jan 17th, 2006, 05:47 AM
The match will be shown at 7:30pm my time, but because of daylight saving, that is actually 8:30pm Melbourne time. I hope you're calculating that right, Epigone. The AO Schedule shows the match begins at 7:30pm, which I take to mean Melbourne time. Melbourne is 17 hours ahead of me, which I've been using to tune in to matches on ESPN2. The IBM On Demand Scoreboard shows that it is now 4:43pm in Melbourne 1/17/06. It is now 11:43pm 1/16/06 in the U.S. Central Time zone (and at the moment we don't have Daylight Silly Time).

We wouldn't want you to miss the match by an hour!!! :banghead:

GO BEPA!! :bounce: :bounce:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 17th, 2006, 08:30 AM
girsl on court now

GOOD LUCK VERA\

Trust in you!

Epigone
Jan 17th, 2006, 08:49 AM
I hope you're calculating that right, Epigone. The AO Schedule shows the match begins at 7:30pm, which I take to mean Melbourne time. Melbourne is 17 hours ahead of me, which I've been using to tune in to matches on ESPN2. The IBM On Demand Scoreboard shows that it is now 4:43pm in Melbourne 1/17/06. It is now 11:43pm 1/16/06 in the U.S. Central Time zone (and at the moment we don't have Daylight Silly Time).

We wouldn't want you to miss the match by an hour!!! :banghead:

GO BEPA!! :bounce: :bounce::lol: thanks for the concern

Melbourne is 1 hr ahead of Brisbane, so when the match is shown on TV at 7:30pm Brisbane time, it will be 8:30pm in Melbourne. I think I'll follow the match online and then watch it when it starts on TV

Epigone
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Martina won the 1st set 6-1 :help:

Look at everyone celebrating already :rolleyes:

Stop making unforced errors and stop getting upset!!!

Foot's Fingers
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:38 AM
pls help me smbdy!!!

Vera is losing 6-1 and driving me wild :fiery:

rrfnpump
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:39 AM
If Vera loses this match, AO are already over for me :sad:

if Vera gets broken early in the second set, she will lose quickly
15-30 :o

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Vera broken again
this is too much :help:

Dementinator
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:45 AM
oh come on Vera kick her ass PLEASE!!

Epigone
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:45 AM
The match is about to start on TV here

I hope that my TV survives the ordeal because a remote control or two might get launched :fiery:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:56 AM
the way Vera's collapsed out there mentally is quite startling :fiery:

1-6 1-4* :rolleyes:

rrfnpump
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:58 AM
1-6 1-5

Vera does not deserve to win
what she does out there is far beyond pathetic

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 17th, 2006, 10:02 AM
did Vera grow up watching endless tapes of Sampras vs Courier (Aus open) when Pete cried on court ?
he won whilst crying from 2 sets down, but it never works for Vera :rolleyes:

rrfnpump
Jan 17th, 2006, 10:04 AM
did Vera grow up watching endless tapes of Sampras vs Courier (Aus open) when Pete cried on court ?
he won whilst crying from 2 sets down, but it never works for Vera :rolleyes:

I hope Vera doesnt vomit on court also

Epigone
Jan 17th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Martina won 6-1 6-2

Bepa :help::help::help::help::help:

Something really has to change :shrug:

rrfnpump
Jan 17th, 2006, 10:07 AM
awful and pathetic
I am very disappointed in Vera

maybe she tries to do well in doubles, but today was simply :help:

nick_chicane
Jan 17th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I thought i was the one that was usually too harsh on Vera, but some of you guys are being way too over the top!!

If you watched the match you will know that Martina played very, very well!! If you didnt, then it looks a really bad scoreline, but really, Vera didnt play badly, she just wasnt able to play well because of how well Martina played!!

Ive seen Vera play far, far worse than that, and im my opinion, she played ok today but Martina was just on fire!!

When Vera beat Capriati 6/0 6/1, did that automatically mean that Capriati was awful, or did Vera play amazing?

Gowza
Jan 17th, 2006, 10:23 AM
hingis played well but vera didn't play that well, she wasn't playing absolutely terrible but she wasn't playing very well.

Epigone
Jan 17th, 2006, 10:39 AM
I thought i was the one that was usually too harsh on Vera, but some of you guys are being way too over the top!!

If you watched the match you will know that Martina played very, very well!! If you didnt, then it looks a really bad scoreline, but really, Vera didnt play badly, she just wasnt able to play well because of how well Martina played!!

Ive seen Vera play far, far worse than that, and im my opinion, she played ok today but Martina was just on fire!!She made too many silly unforced errors and wasn't focused on the match. She threw away 3 BP chances in the opening game of the match and things went downhill from there.

I mean, she couldn't even get her racquet bounce right after match point :help:.

That just about summed things up for me :bigcry:

nick_chicane
Jan 17th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Vera wasnt allowed to play well, Hingis just played that well that Vera wasnt able to get into the match!!

I think you would have found most players would have struggled against Hingis today!!

When you look at some of Vera's truly awful losses last year, todays wasnt anywhere near as bad performances as some of them were!!

slk45
Jan 17th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I mean, she couldn't even get her racquet bounce right after match point :help:.
That just about summed things up for me :bigcry:Mary Carillo on ESPN2 remarked the first time Vera bounced her racket that "rebound ace" is a surface that will rebound a racket right back at you. Therefore, you have to be careful if you slam a racket on it. The upside, she said, is that there is much less chance of breaking the racket. She also noted that Vera was giving Martina too much time to play, unlike what Justine H-H did in Sydney. And if you give her time, she can build those points she was famous for. You could especially see it when Vera let Martina get to net.

Vera did a good job keeping her temper in check, but not her emotions. She couldn't see her forest of chances for all the negative trees. Carillo also commented that Vera has to do something offcourt about her negative emotions :unsure: ; she said she couldn't believe that this hasn't been addressed by now.
If Bepa will come to Memphis, I will attempt to address it with her. :secret: :hug:

RR-87
Jan 17th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Vera simply failed to show something of high level. Emotions, lack of concentration and total outfit - I'll remember only these things from this match. It's a shame for Vera. She can defeat everyone when she tries. Still hope for better results in 2006, especially in Memphis. Good Luck Verunchik!

Foot's Fingers
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:02 PM
after wasted BP Vera totaly collapsed

Sad story

:help:

We all was optimistick after NZ , but seems it was just a light spot in darkness like Memphis 2005

ALready forget when we saw good (not great GS) from Vera May be USOPEN 2004 with mixed title

deep bass
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I really, really like Vera, and I've been a fan for a long time, but FFS! she needs to get her head under control!
She is no longer an irrational teenager. I firmly believe she could have won today if 'Crazy Vera' hadn't surfaced. She has the power and the movement to beat good players.

As I said in GM, this is the most disappointed I've been after a result in recent years except for Serena losing to Maria at Wimby. The match was there for the taking, all she had to do was be strong, not a headcase!

Signing off now because even after a couple of hours, I'm still so disapointed after this.

ys
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:09 PM
I hope Vera doesnt vomit on court also

She can vomit all she wants .. as long as she bags few Slams.. I am OK with that.

Foot's Fingers
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:23 PM
As confiramtion some qutes from Hingis

Hingis - a three-time Australian Open winner - received a warm reception from the crowd as she walked onto a Grand Slam court for the first time since she announced her retirement from the game in 2002.

And she didn't disappoint the legion of adoring fans that had filed into Rod Laver Arena to watch her comeback match, putting on a clinical display to oust No.30 seed Vera Zvonareva 6-1 6-2 in just over an hour.

"This so far was the best match I've played since I came back," Hingis said.

"I wouldn't necessarily … say that it was easy, I just played really well. I don't know, I just didn't make many unforced errors, stick to my strategy, pretty much did what I was supposed to do out there."

Simple -she did all she wants , Vera not givem any troubles to her :sad:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 17th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Zvonareva appeared shell-shocked and Hingis gave her no time to regroup with the Swiss Miss breaking her in the first game of the second set and carrying through that momentum as she clinically closed out the match.

:mad:

Epigone
Jan 17th, 2006, 02:29 PM
This is from an old interview:
— А кто еще из современных теннисисток вам наиболее симпатичен? Против кого бы вы хотели сыграть, чтобы, возможно, что-то взять для себя?

— С Клийстерс, с Энин-Арденн. С Жюстин я как раз недавно играла, а с Ким встречалась на Открытом чемпионате США. Сейчас очень жалею, что не удалось сыграть со швейцаркой Мартиной Хингис.
Be careful for what you wish...:sobbing:

Epigone
Jan 17th, 2006, 02:38 PM
More on Bepa and Martina:
- Есть теннисистка в WTA Tour, которой вы готовы подражать?

- Подражать вряд ли стоит, но мне нравится, как играет Мартина Хингис.
А кумир в теннисе у тебя есть?

– Мартина Хингис. Мне нравится ее игра. Точнее, нравилась, она ведь ушла из спорта и теперь часто комментирует матчи WTA-Тура. Я с ней встречалась несколько раз, мы общались. У меня остались очень приятные впечатления от наших бесед.Bet she doesn't like her so much now :p

Foot's Fingers
Jan 17th, 2006, 02:43 PM
More on Bepa and Martina:

Bet she doesn't like her so much now :p

At least Vera's dream is in life now

She play tennis vs Hingis :angel:

As well as Pironkova on Monday

Pitty another end

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Vera said she had no idea how Marina plays, that she's never saw her. And she expected to win?

Well done, Martina! I loved every moment of today's match!

this was from the thread in GM
that says it all, Vera should have prepared better simple as that :fiery:

Epigone
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:26 PM
this was from the thread in GM
that says it all, Vera should have prepared better simple as that :fiery:Lady was basing it on this post by saab95 on the Russian board - Вера дала интервью нтв+ и поделилась впечатлениямию

Вера Звонарева в шоке. После матча она призналась, что не знала как игрет Хингис. Она никогда не видела игру Мартины даже по тв и была потрясена.

Интервью, видимо , покажут в вечернем обзоре дня.However, we are both confused because the quotes I posted above indicate that Bepa knows how Martina plays :shrug:

Still, she knew that she had to remain in control of her emotions at the very least, and she didn't manage to do that

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:29 PM
we just have to hope Vera gets over this quick.
2006 started off great, now its going pear-shaped :( :(

whats needed is a win in her next event.
needs to get back that winning feeling.

rrfnpump
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:30 PM
This is the second time in Vera's career that she loses in the first round of a GS
The only other time was AO 2003

I am not yet over this loss, but its time to look forward
people from different sources say she hits good and thats what makes me feel positive
many good results to come in 2006 especially on clay

rrfnpump
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:41 PM
at least Vera prooved that she is the drama queen of the WTA Tour

Epigone
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I am not yet over this loss, but its time to look forward
people from different sources say she hits good and thats what makes me feel positive
many good results to come in 2006 especially on clayShe is hitting the ball pretty well, but it seems that if she gets into a long rally, she will be the one making the unforced error. The consistency that she used to have on her groundies seems to have disappeared a little, and that can't be good when it comes to claycourt tennis.

Some of the shots she played tonight were totally wild...a BH where she almost hit the umpire's chair and a FH where she lost her racquet. She needs to get some control back in her game, it it all starts by having a level head.

There is no doubt that she can still produce great shots, as was evidenced by the x-court FH winner that had so much topspin that it dipped at the last second and caught the line. Hingis thought it was going out, and all she could do was smile when it landed in.

KV
Jan 17th, 2006, 05:02 PM
It's a very disappointing result. As for Vera there's a long season ahead of her. Time enough to bounce back.

pav
Jan 17th, 2006, 06:46 PM
She looked quite good in the warm up, but by the start of the third game the signs were there, the muttering, gesturing, the 1st serve% goes down the toilet,the shots missing the lines. At the other end a very intelligent Hingis already wised up on Bepa habits ready to take full toll. Hingis played a great game but Bepa could have done a hell of a lot better. That racquet bounce at the end was a shocker isn't it? with all Her practice at that She should be able to do a lot better :fiery:

I honestly think a substantial increase in Mutton consumption is the answer

nick_chicane
Jan 17th, 2006, 06:50 PM
We also seem to be forgetting that Hingis is a former world number 1, shes won numerous Grand Slam titles, correct? That doesnt make her a bad player!!

The only thing people questioned about her was whether she would be able to cope with the power from the girls of today, she still has the brains of a world number 1, she knows where and when to use variations of shots!! I thought Martina showed amazing cleverness today, she knew which shots to play to trouble Vera and when to use them!! You dont get to number 1 in the world without being clever!!

the cat
Jan 17th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Vera's play against Hingis was very dissapointing. :( But she has alot of tennis left in 2006 and this can still be her best year on tour in her career. :) I only hope Vera believes that.

tobi
Jan 17th, 2006, 10:54 PM
It was soooo disapointing :sobbing: :o :help:

OK Martina played well but Vera at her best,would made much much tougher for Martina :o

Her mentality is :cuckoo: again.

Hope she can rebound from this,but I am not impressed at all :o

Foot's Fingers
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Vera and Lena will start theirs doubles campaign tomorrow

Court 19 Start Time 11.00 AM
Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Raemon Sluiter (NED) vs. Igor Andreev (RUS)[23]

followed by

Women's Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)[3]/Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[3] vs. Beti Sekulovski (AUS)/Cindy Watson (AUS)

Now they both are free from singles :mad: may be ixed this time again?

rrfnpump
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:50 AM
hehe Vera plays mixed :D :D

together with Bob Bryan - they are 3d seeded

Bob Bryan USA (3)
Vera Zvonareva RUS (3)
vs.
Stephen Huss AUS
Sania Mirza IND

did Vera win the USO with Bob or Mike?? :o

Epigone
Jan 18th, 2006, 09:03 AM

Bob Bryan USA (3)
Vera Zvonareva RUS (3)
vs.
Stephen Huss AUS
Sania Mirza IND

did Vera win the USO with Bob or Mike?? :oThere's still a chance to grab two titles :banana:

She won the USO with Bob, who is the lefty :p

Foot's Fingers
Jan 18th, 2006, 09:13 AM
wow!!! Good decision Vera!!!

Go Vera/Bob !!

Foot's Fingers
Jan 18th, 2006, 09:13 AM

Bob Bryan USA (3)
Vera Zvonareva RUS (3)
vs.
Stephen Huss AUS
Sania Mirza IND

did Vera win the USO with Bob or Mike?? :o

i think no difference Bob or Mike :devil:

rrfnpump
Jan 18th, 2006, 09:33 AM
i think no difference Bob or Mike :devil:

I think that a Bryan is the perfect partner for Vera.
Both are very relaxed, enjoy their tennis and can calm Vera down when she gets :shout:

go Vera/Bob
do it like this again :

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1040912/images/12openres.jpg

nick_chicane
Jan 18th, 2006, 10:55 AM
I think the fact that shes out of the singles is the reason for this!!

I doubt she would have teamed up with him again if she was still in the tournament!!

Lady
Jan 18th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Lady was basing it on this post by saab95 on the Russian board - [/i]However, we are both confused because the quotes I posted above indicate that Bepa knows how Martina plays :shrug:

Still, she knew that she had to remain in control of her emotions at the very least, and she didn't manage to do that

Well, saaber saw the interview on TV, and confirmed that Vera tearfully said that she's never saw Martina play.

Небольшое интервью Веры все-таки показали:
зареванная Вера довольно растерянно объясняла, что игры Мартины раньше не видела , не знала и даже рядом не тренировалась.
Пауза,т.к. корреспондент в шоке.
Вера по-доброму отметила настроение Мартины, с которым та провела матч.
Улыбалась и выиграв, и проиграв очко, получая удовольствие от игры. О себе говорить не хотела.
Оправданий себе не искала, сказала, что ажиотаж на нее никак не повлиял. В том смысле , что никакой авторитет на нее не давил и т.д. и т.п.

goldenlox
Jan 18th, 2006, 04:38 PM
This was the worst draw possible. For anyone.
It doesn't mean Vera's year is over.
Now she has time to practice, and go a while without a singles match.
That might help her.

Epigone
Jan 18th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Well, saaber saw the interview on TV, and confirmed that Vera tearfully said that she's never saw Martina play.:bolt:

What is it with Russians and contradictions in interviews? :confused:

How could Hingis be her idol if she now claims that she hasn't seen her play? :shrug:

Lady
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:26 PM
:bolt:

What is it with Russians and contradictions in interviews? :confused:

How could Hingis be her idol if she now claims that she hasn't seen her play? :shrug:

I have no idea. People on Russian board are confused as well. :confused:

Epigone
Jan 19th, 2006, 02:52 AM
According to this (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=7124778&postcount=1) list posted by TBE, Bepa is planning on playing Dubai instead of defending her Memphis title

What about the three-peat? :sad:

I guess the Memphis organisers will WC her into the MD if she changes her mind :)

Epigone
Jan 19th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Bepa/Lena won 6-2 6-3

A nice start :dance:

However, they were broken to love while serving for the match :help:

rrfnpump
Jan 19th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Vera not in Memphis :speakles: :sad:

good win for Vera/Lena
who got broken to love?? :o

Foot's Fingers
Jan 19th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Congrats with double win But why not Memphis again????

don't understand

slk45
Jan 20th, 2006, 07:34 AM
:confused: :bigcry: :confused: I have confirmed it with the Memphis tournament-- As of now, Vera is not going to defend her title.
No apparent explanation. :shrug:

Perhaps she will change her mind, tho' there's not a lot of time. But how many chances does a player have to pick up a triple crown?

Come back to Memphis, Bepa!! :awww:

pav
Jan 20th, 2006, 09:41 AM
:confused: :bigcry: :confused: I have confirmed it with the Memphis tournament-- As of now, Vera is not going to defend her title.
No apparent explanation. :shrug:

Perhaps she will change her mind, tho' there's not a lot of time. But how many chances does a player have to pick up a triple crown?

Come back to Memphis, Bepa!! :awww:

:sad: :confused:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 20th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Day 6: Saturday, 21 January

Court 18 Start Time 11.00 AM

1st match:

Women's Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)[3]/
Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[3]
vs. Viktoriya Kutuzova (UKR)/
Anastassia Rodionova (RUS)

So bad that again as on Wimbly 05 Lena/Vera will play vs Rodionova :sad:

Epigone
Jan 20th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Between Sydney and the Australian Open, Bepa switched clothing brands from adidas to Under Armour (http://www.underarmour.com/Home.cfm?site_id=2)

At least she doesn't have to wear those ugly cloned outfits now :yeah:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 20th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Between Sydney and the Australian Open, Bepa switched clothing brands from adidas to Under Armour (http://www.underarmour.com/Home.cfm?site_id=2)

At least she doesn't have to wear those ugly cloned outfits now :yeah:

wow!!! Good news

This Adidas Family sisters on court become annoying

goldenlox
Jan 20th, 2006, 05:16 PM
http://www.australianopen.com/images/pics/large/b_vzvonareva_0117_02.jpg

Epigone
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:31 AM
Bepa/Lena d. Vika/Nastya R 6-3 6-2 :yippee:

The #3 seeds are moving along nicely :dance:

Once again, they were broken while serving for the match at *5-0 (you just know Bepa was serving :p:p:p)

daniela86
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:38 AM
Bepa/Lena d. Vika/Nastya R 6-3 6-2 :yippee:

The #3 seeds are moving along nicely :dance:

Once again, they were broken while serving for the match at *5-0 (you just know Bepa was serving :p:p:p)
Awesome job Vera/Lena :yippee: :yippee: :bigclap: even if they choked to end the match and the first set as well (they led 5/0 :o )
They'll face the winners of Myskina/Safina vs Foretz/Serra zanetti.Good luck :bounce: :bounce: I hope there will be a 100% russian match :D Davai :bigclap: :clap2:

pav
Jan 21st, 2006, 01:52 AM
You just Know the serving for the match is a no no,can't be done,I better shut up They won:)

rrfnpump
Jan 21st, 2006, 08:10 AM
Vera/Lena :yeah: :D ;)
nice and easy again

and a winnable next round as well as Nastya/Dinara are struggeling

Epigone
Jan 21st, 2006, 05:27 PM
OOP for Sunday

Court 7

Start Time 11.00 AM
Legends Mixed
Tony Roche (AUS)/Liz Smylie (AUS) vs. Fred Stolle (AUS)/Janine Tremelling (AUS)

followed by
Women's Doubles - 3rd Rnd.
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)[3]/Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[3] vs. Stephanie Foretz (FRA)/Antonella Serra Zanetti (ITA)

Show Court 3
Not Before 2:00 PM
Men's Doubles - 3rd Rnd.
Jose Acasuso (ARG)[13]/Sebastian Prieto (ARG)[13] vs. Jonas Bjorkman (SWE)[2]/Max Mirnyi (BLR)[2]

Mixed Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Bob Bryan (USA)[3]/Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[3] vs. Stephen Huss (AUS)/Sania Mirza (IND)

goldenlox
Jan 21st, 2006, 05:31 PM
Vera can still have a good tournament.
And she played some okay tennis before Melbourne.
I think she's going to be fine this year.

Epigone
Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:30 AM
Bepa/Lena won 6-2 6-1 :bigclap: :dance: :yippee: :woohoo:

They were almost broken while serving for the match, but managed to hold :p

pav
Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:35 AM
Bepa/Lena won 6-2 6-1 :bigclap: :dance: :yippee: :woohoo:

They were almost broken while serving for the match, but managed to hold :p

Yes They tried Their very best to do the usual,but buggered it up somehow,something for them to work on

daniela86
Jan 22nd, 2006, 11:13 AM
Vera/Lena :yeah: :bigclap: :clap2: Another easy win,they really rock in this tournament :rocker: :rocker2: Well done!! :) (Epi's theory that Vera plays good in dubz after a bad loss in single seem to work this time:p)
They'll face the winner of Shaughnessy/Groenefeld - Loit/Pratt in QF.
I think it's a winnable match whoever are their opponents :cool: Davai!!

Epigone
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:50 PM
OOP for Monday
MCA Start Time 11.00 AM
Women's Doubles - 3rd Rnd.
Michaella Krajicek (NED)/Agnes Szavay (HUN) vs. Cara Black (ZIM)[2]/Rennae Stubbs (AUS)[2]

Not Before 12:30 PM
Mixed Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Bob Bryan (USA)[3]/Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[3] vs. Stephen Huss (AUS)/Sania Mirza (IND)

This match was postponed from Sunday

rrfnpump
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:26 PM
:banana:
they are cruising through the draw very easily till now
now the first real test comes

good luck Vera/Lena :kiss:
and Vera/Bob tomorrow :D

goldenlox
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:11 PM
There are a lot of good teams in this draw. It gets much tougher.

David Barker
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:30 PM
Vera can still have a good tournament.
And she played some okay tennis before Melbourne.
I think she's going to be fine this year.

It depends how you define "fine" - the fact she was hammered by Hingis doesn/t
mean much in itself - everyone has bad days (I'm being charitable here), BUT her attitude when down in matches is staggering. She gets close to tears, becomes increasingly frustrated and tense and puts up a huge placard to her opponent saying "I'm pissed off/angry/upset" which obviously then helps them - they know they have got to her.

I think Mary Carillo is right - Vera has to work big time on this negative approach she has in her matches. I think it is mainly that which has led to her slide down the rankings.

Epigone
Jan 23rd, 2006, 12:07 AM
"That would have been like a for-sure title."
Bob Bryan regrets missing out on partnering Martina Hingis in the mixed doubles.link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4636284.stm)

Bob, you're skating on thin ice :armed:

Epigone
Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:22 AM
Bepa/Bob won 6-3 6-3 :bigclap: :banana: :yippee: :dance: :worship:

Stats (http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/stats/day12/5105ms.html) :cool:

12 winners vs 2 unforced errors and they weren't broken :angel:

pav
Jan 23rd, 2006, 04:47 AM
link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4636284.stm)

Bob, you're skating on thin ice :armed:
[/size]

Yes He is, I have already posted on the GM thread where the Bepa should tell Him to stick His mixed doubles

rrfnpump
Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:24 AM
Vera/Bob :) :D

but I wouldnt feel too good if my mixed partner says sth like this :mad:
its inappropriate during a tournament

Foot's Fingers
Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:48 AM
Nice start in mixed doubles Vera

Go for the titles!!!

Epigone
Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:38 AM
but I wouldnt feel too good if my mixed partner says sth like this :mad:
its inappropriate during a tournamentIt's nothing that a serve delivered to the back of the head won't fix :devil:

rrfnpump
Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:41 AM
It's nothing that a serve delivered to the back of the head won't fix :devil:

I really thought the same after hearing that comment :lol: :devil:
there are two or three pics of Vera/Bob at gettyimages - funny ones

Epigone
Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:53 AM
OOP for Tuesday

Show Court 3 Start Time 11.00 AM

Women's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)[3]/Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[3] vs. Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER)[5]/Meghann Shaughnessy (USA)[5]

Show Court 2 Start Time 10.00 AM

Legends Mixed
Brad Drewett (AUS)/Kristine Kunce (AUS) vs. Roy Emerson (AUS)/Nicole Bradtke (AUS)

followed by
Jr. Boy's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Brydan Klein (AUS) vs. Ryan Bellamy (AUS)

Mixed Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Bob Bryan (USA)[3]/Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[3] vs. Leos Friedl (CZE)/Lucie Safarova (CZE)

Harju.
Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:28 AM
Well Bepa can kick his ass once she uses him to win the title. :angel:

daniela86
Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:32 AM
Well done Vera and Bob :yippee: :bigclap: :D :yeah: Solid match :D
Good luck against Friedl/Lucie tonight :rocker: You can do it! :D :bounce:
Btw, Bob's comments are indeed :rolleyes: :mad: and I agree with V lix :lol: :lol: :yeah:Use him for the title and then kick his ass,Vera!! :kiss:

Foot's Fingers
Jan 23rd, 2006, 01:38 PM
Vera will play twice tomorrow

Difficult match vs ALG/Meghann

Good Luck

goldenlox
Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:55 PM
I think Mary Carillo is right - Vera has to work big time on this negative approach she has in her matches. I think it is mainly that which has led to her slide down the rankings.I have some of Vera's best matches on tape. Beating Sharapova, mp's vs Myskina, a close 3 setter with Serena.
Vera acts the same. She has emotions.
That's not the reason her results aren't great.

pav
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Very hard to win any sort of match if They can't hardly hold serve :fiery: Bad Bumheads Bepa/Lena:fiery:

Epigone
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:48 AM
They were broken 5 times in a 6-3 6-3 loss :help: :bigcry:

Considering how Meghann/ALG dropped a set to Loit/Pratt the previous round, this is very disappointing scoreline :sad:

I guess it's down to Bob and his 2nd choice partner to take the mixed title :p

pav
Jan 24th, 2006, 01:57 AM
They were broken 5 times in a 6-3 6-3 loss :help: :bigcry:

Considering how Meghann/ALG dropped a set to Loit/Pratt the previous round, this is very disappointing scoreline :sad:

I guess it's down to Bob and his 2nd choice partner to take the mixed title :p

Otherwise it's a Ballkid job for Bepa,but She would probably have a hoonyfit and throw the ball at the server:tape:
so go Bob and2ndpick
The only good thing about that last match is that it gave Me an excuse to stop digging postholes for My sisters Horse breaking in arena,it's breaking Me in!:fiery:

Epigone
Jan 24th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Bepa/Bob won 6-2 6-1 :bounce: :worship: :yippee: :dance: :bigclap:

rrfnpump
Jan 24th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Vera/Lena :o :( :mad:
didnt expect a straight sets loss
must have been a poor match for both

now they can fight it out in the mixed, as they draw each other

Vera/her 2nd choice partner :D ;)

Foot's Fingers
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Vera/Lena :sad: First tough team and loss

Foot's Fingers
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:09 AM
as more as i remember abt Bob's comments i wamt Vera to hit at least one ball at him

Foot's Fingers
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Bepa/Bob won 6-2 6-1 :bounce: :worship: :yippee: :dance: :bigclap:

:bounce: :bounce: :cool:

and as per statistic it was a good match

Match Summary
Bryan (USA)/
Zvonareva (RUS) Friedl (CZE)/
Safarova (CZE)

Double Faults 4 3

Unforced Errors 5 5

Winning % on 1st Serve 27 of 38 = 71 % 14 of 29 = 48 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 10 of 19 = 53 % 5 of 18 = 28 %

Winners (Including Service) 0 4

Receiving Points Won 28 of 47 = 60 % 20 of 57 = 35 %

Break Point Conversions 5 of 5 = 100 % 1 of 5 = 20 %

Total Points Won 65 39

pav
Jan 24th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Don't know if this is common knowledge or not

PATTAYA WOMEN'S OPEN

Stosur to star alongside Zvonareva in Pattaya
WANCHAI RUJAWONGSANTI

Pattaya _ Samantha Stosur, who gave Martina Hingis a scare at the Australian Open yesterday, will compete in the Pattaya Women's Open next month.

The February 4-12 WTA event, formerly known as the Volvo Women's Open, comprises the top players of 14 countries including China's leading trio Shuai Peng, Na Li and Jie Zheng.

Peng had the most impressive record among the three in 2005 with wins over Kim Clijsters, Elena Dementieva and Anastasia Myskina.

The Chinese contingent also feature 2004 Olympic doubles gold medalists Sun Tiantian and Li Ting.

Other Asian stars who are coming to Pattaya include Japanese star Shinobu Asagone and Korea's number one Yoon Jeong Cho.

The top seed is Russian Vera Zvonareva, who was ranked ninth in the world until she got injured and missed most of the second half of 2005.

Aussie Samantha, who lost to Hingis 6-1, 7-6 (10-8) in the fourth round of the Australian Open, had a brilliant record in the doubles in Grand Slam events last year.

She won the women's doubles at the US Open and the mixed doubles at the Australian Open.

Other big names are former top 10 players Paula Suarez of Argentina and Jelena Dokic of Australia as well as former Pattaya champions Henrieta Nagyova of the Slovak Republic and Indonesia's Angelique Widjaja.

The Thais in the main draw are Tamarine Tanasugarn and Suchanan Viratprasert with a couple of other local players playing in the qualifying round.

Tickets are priced from 200 baht to 1,000 baht. For further information, contact Pentangle Promotions at 0-2382-491 to 3 or visit www.pentanglepromotions.com

Epigone
Jan 24th, 2006, 07:28 PM
OOP for Wednesday
Show Court 3 11am
1. Brad Drewett (AUS)/Kristine Kunce (AUS) vs Phil Dent (AUS)/Dianne Balestrat(AUS)
2. Pat Cash (AUS)/Peter McNamara(AUS) vs Mark Edmondson(AUS) vs Richard Fromberg (AUS)
3. Alexandre Sidorenko (FRA)/Artem Smirnov (UKR) vs Kevin Botti(FRA)/Stephen Donald (AUS) [12]
4. Bob Bryan (USA)/Vera Zvonareva (RUS) [3] vs Daniel Nestor (CAN)/Elena Likhovtseva (RUS) [6]

Epigone
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the news :yeah:

If she takes the form from Auckland to Thailand, she'll take the title :)

Still, it would be even nicer to turn up with a mixed doubles title in hand :angel:

pav
Jan 24th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Do You think Bepa and Lena will face each other like :) or :fiery: ?

daniela86
Jan 24th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Vera/Lena :bigcry: :bigcry: I can't believe they lost :( :sad: It's indeed a disappointed result, losing 5 times your serve is :help: :o Better luck with Bob in 1/4! Prove him that you're the best partner one can have! :yippee: :bigclap: :D :rocker2: Davai Vera!! :hug: :cool:
If she takes the title,she should arrive in Thailand with some confidence :D
Hope she'll take the title there coz there aren't that many good players and it's definitly do-able!

Epigone
Jan 25th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Nestor/Likhovtseva d. Bepa/Bob 6-4 6-4 :bigcry: :sobbing:

It looks like Bob was right...Bepa was broken once in each set, and that made the difference :o

On the other hand, they did miss some break points early in the 2nd set that would have put them ahead :sad:

pav
Jan 25th, 2006, 06:49 AM
:mad: :o :fiery: Not a good Aussie Open:sad: :sad:

rrfnpump
Jan 25th, 2006, 06:56 AM
I really didnt expect that

:(

Foot's Fingers
Jan 25th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Match Summary
Bryan (USA)/
Zvonareva (RUS) Nestor (CAN)/
Likhovtseva (RUS)

Aces 4 7

Double Faults 3 3

Unforced Errors 5 4

Winning % on 1st Serve 29 of 41 = 71 % 30 of 39 = 77 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 11 of 26 = 42 % 20 of 31 = 65 %

Winners (Including Service) 13 16

Receiving Points Won 22 of 72 = 31 % 27 of 67 = 40 %

Break Point Conversions 0 of 5 = 0 % 2 of 4 = 50 %

Total Points Won 62 77

Fastest Serve 210 km/h 191 km/h

Average 1st Serve Speed 173 km/h 156 km/h

Average 2nd Serve Speed 123 km/h 131 km/h

Vera :hug:

pav
Jan 25th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Bob and Bepa
Bepa and Bob
They just couldn't win It
didn't do the job
Bepa was His second choice
Martina the first
from that moment
Their campaign was cursed
once Bepa heard that Bob rung Martina on the phone
She should have told the Bugger to play His doubles alone
or waited till He bent over to tie up His shoe
and then said "Bob I'll whack a couple of balls for You" :fiery:

Epigone
Jan 25th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Indian Wells entry list (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=7182607&postcount=1)

No Bepa :shrug:

I guess she wants to be 100% for Miami coz the points there are gonna count

daniela86
Jan 25th, 2006, 12:50 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :sobbing: :sobbing: is all I can say :( :( It's indeed extremely disappointing :( They didn't even take them a set :sad: whereas Nestor/Likhovsteva struggled in their 2 last matchs (and had even to save match points in the first round :sad: )
Btw,Vera will play Doha and Dubai so maybe she is right to skip IW.At least she won't overplay.

Harju.
Jan 25th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Awww Bepa :hug:. Very disappointing indeed :(

goldenlox
Jan 25th, 2006, 03:51 PM
The mixed could have gone either way.
Drawing Hingis was just a bad draw.
I was hoping for more in doubles, but it's over.
Now Vera has to keep positive, if she can possibly do that.

Epigone
Jan 30th, 2006, 06:51 AM
From Jon Wertheim's Fifty Thoughts25. Speaking of Hingis, what is going with her first round conquest, Vera Zvonareva (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/153/)? She was a top 10 player not long ago and now not only loses regularly, but looks incredibly unhappy doing so. If ever there were a candidate for a WTA mentor, this would be it.link (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=Atn0XSx0ECCnJaGn6GrAbos4v7YF?slug=cnnsi-fiftythoughts&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns)

So true :sad:

Epigone
Jan 30th, 2006, 07:09 AM
The post-AO rankings are out, and Bepa has dropped from #29 to #30 in singles, and from #10 to #11 in doubles.

I think she got off very lightly :p

Foot's Fingers
Jan 30th, 2006, 08:25 AM
The post-AO rankings are out, and Bepa has dropped from #29 to #30 in singles, and from #10 to #11 in doubles.

I think she got off very lightly :p

rEALLY, THIS FALL IS NOT AS BIG AS LAST YEAR'S

nick_chicane
Jan 30th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Well her performance last year was only a 2nd round exit so their never is gonna be many points lost if you lose in the 1st!!

goldenlox
Jan 30th, 2006, 03:41 PM
It looks bad right now. But that's not the reality.
In tennis, you can find your form quickly.
Losses in the past don't matter. It's about how you are playing now.
And how you are competing.

I saw how well Vera can play in 2004. Now she's older, she should be even better.
It's hard work, but Vera has the talent inside her to do well.

Epigone
Jan 30th, 2006, 04:03 PM
From Nastya Pavlyuchenkova's interview after the AO final
Q. Must be more than you even dreamt about?

ANASTASIA PAVLYUCHENKOVA: I tried to plan well and I tried to don't show to my opponent that I am nervous and I am little bit upset. Every time I try to be, I don't know, in good situation. Every time I'm saying, "Come on," and everything because I don't want to show my opponent that I am upset because it's helps her.

So maybe that's why it helps me, tooA 14-year-old junior realises that you have to keep a cool exterior, otherwise it will give your opponent encouragement.

Bepa is 21, yet she still hasn't got the message :shrug:

goldenlox
Jan 30th, 2006, 04:08 PM
When she beat Sharapova in Canada, Vera had a nose bleed and was crying between games.
Yet she won the last 2 sets.
I want results, not an emotionless robot.

Epigone
Jan 30th, 2006, 04:26 PM
When she beat Sharapova in Canada, Vera had a nose bleed and was crying between games.
I want results, not an emotionless robot.Marat is emotional, but he came to realise that when the next point begins, you've gotta be focused. That realisation allowed him to defeat Roger and then take the AO title.

On the other hand, Bepa still lets previous points consume her. When she played Vera D., her negative emotions lost her the match :sad:

rrfnpump
Jan 30th, 2006, 04:29 PM
I want results, not an emotionless robot.

we all dont want an emotionless Vera
but if we want to see a happy Vera she has to get her emotions under control
crying between games is different from crying in between points during the whole set

goldenlox
Jan 30th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I want Vera to enjoy her life, and to get good results.
The other stuff isn't important.

Epigone
Jan 30th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I want Vera to enjoy her life, and to get good results.
The other stuff isn't important.Wertheim, for what his opinion means to you, said that Bepa looked incredibly unhappy against Martina. I also noted the same thing in Sydney.

If she gets rid of the negative mindset, she'll be happier and achieve better results.

I think part of the reason for her good results in doubles is that she can let herself go a little more and actually enjoy playing tennis.

goldenlox
Jan 30th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Wertheim didn't go to Australia. And he wouldn't know Vera if he walked past her.

Epigone
Jan 30th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Wertheim didn't go to Australia. And he wouldn't know Vera if he walked past her.:spit: :rolls:

I think it was quite evident to even a casual viewer that one of the players out there wasn't a happy camper :p

rrfnpump
Jan 30th, 2006, 06:49 PM
and Vera definitely was not happy losing to Dushevina :o

andrewbroad
Jan 31st, 2006, 11:59 PM
Who's to say whether Bepa would be better off with or without her emotions?

She may sometimes lose because of her emotions, but they've also helped to get her as high as she's been. She just has to use them in a positive way.

And I, for one, find an emotional Bepa much more entertaining than a deadpan Bepa.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad

andrewbroad
Feb 1st, 2006, 12:57 AM
Q. Were you always emotional, even when you started out as a kid?

ВЕРА ЗВОНАРЁВА: Yeah, I think so. It's a game, and you should be in the game. You can't just go on court and don't care about what's going on.

Q. Do you think it works in your favour also, that because you put so much emotion in the game, that's what's gotten you this far?

ВЕРА ЗВОНАРЁВА: Yeah, I think so. You know, all players are different, but I can't just walk on court and, you know, like I'm not playing. You know, it's like gambling.

[Source: http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/2004usopen/090504VZ.html (http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/2004usopen/090504VZ.html)]

--
Dr. Andrew Broad

Epigone
Feb 1st, 2006, 02:25 AM
Bepa was out of control against Vera Dushevina

It's alright to be emotional, but you have to use those emotions in a positive way.

Throwing yourself on a burning hot court is not a positive act :)

pav
Feb 1st, 2006, 02:56 AM
Bepa was out of control against Vera Dushevina

It's alright to be emotional, but you have to use those emotions in a positive way.

Throwing yourself on a burning hot court is not a positive act :)

Bepa might just enjoy a good barbeque :fiery: :)

slk45
Feb 1st, 2006, 02:26 PM
It looks like Bob was right...Bepa was broken once in each set, and that made the difference :oUmmm, I thought this was supposed to be Doubles-- wasn't there a partner in that match as well? Unless Bepa served 4 DFs, they were broken!?! On the other hand, considering Bob's remark about playing with Hingis, maybe Vera was alone out there. :mad:

Bepa still lets previous points consume her. When she played Vera D., her negative emotions lost her the match. :sad:This is the problem Bepa has that she needs to acknowledge. :help:

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2006, 04:33 PM
Vera made the YEC with Likhovtseva, but if she wants to make the Olympics, she needs a partner who will help get her there.

The singles rankings for Russian players could mean you have to be top 10 to play singles.

So Vera needs a good doubles partner - maybe Sveta or Nadia.

Epigone
Feb 1st, 2006, 08:31 PM
Vera made the YEC with Likhovtseva, but if she wants to make the Olympics, she needs a partner who will help get her there.

The singles rankings for Russian players could mean you have to be top 10 to play singles.

So Vera needs a good doubles partner - maybe Sveta or Nadia.I've thought about this a lot :p

Bepa+Nadia would be my ultimate doubles team :cool:, but I'm not sure if it would work :sad:.

Sveta gets on a lot better with Bepa, and I think would be able to encourage her like Lena does now. As nice as Nadia is :angel:, I dunno if she'd put up with Bepa's antics :o

goldenlox
Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:32 PM
Vera could also try to team up with Safina or Kirilenko.
Thoes 2 are top 20 players with decent doubles results.

rrfnpump
Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:35 PM
Vera/Nadia wouldnt work. Nadia would withdraw often from doubles to concentrate on singles and I think she would be very annoyed with Vera's on-court behaviour

Vera/Makiri would be a great team; they would enjoy themselves on court

Vera/Dinara = :shout: :fiery: :mad:
they would self-destruct on court

goldenlox
Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:41 PM
Unless Vera plays better, I'm not sure she can get any of them as partners.
That whole group - Sveta, Nadia, Maria K., and Dinara -
are all ranked way above Vera.

rrfnpump
Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:48 PM
H2H Vera - Makiri 2-0
H2H Vera - Dinara 1-1
H2H Vera - Nadia 1-1
H2H Vera - Sveta 2-5 :mad:

I think Kuznetsova would be happy to partner Vera as her partnership with Mauresmo doesnt bring her much

goldenlox
Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:58 PM
H2H Vera 2-2 with Sharapova.
But all these #'s don't mean anything when Vera is getting no results.

pav
Feb 2nd, 2006, 07:14 PM
It may be right that Nadia wouldn't put up with Bepa's antics, but nadia is no mug at beating herself up mentally either,a bit more subtle about it though.