PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Epigone
Jun 21st, 2005, 12:38 PM
Bepa won 2-6 6-4 6-0 :bounce: :yippee: :dance: :bigclap: :bowdown: :clap2: :worship: :woohoo:

That match was scary, as Bepa struggled to hold, while Marlene did it fairly easily

Once Bepa broke, Marlene's W/UE ratio went crazy, and Bepa really cut down on the errors.

Bepa will really need to pick up her play if she wants to go deep into the draw.

rrfnpump
Jun 21st, 2005, 12:38 PM
Vera won 2-6 6-4 6-0
but Im not proud of her. That first set was :tape: and if she doesnt raise her level, Kveta will kick her ass again

Clai
Jun 21st, 2005, 12:51 PM
Vera had me tense until the end of the second set! I hope she starts her next game better.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2005, 02:20 PM
It doesn't matter if Vera played well. It's just important to win the match.
She will have to improve as the tournament goes on.
But right now, just get through these early rounds.

Foot's Fingers
Jun 21st, 2005, 02:31 PM
cONGRATS vERA, BUT PLS BE READY FOR kVETA!

Epigone
Jun 21st, 2005, 02:42 PM
It doesn't matter if Vera played well. It's just important to win the match.Getting pushed to three sets in the 1st round is both tiring and stressful, and it's not an ideal start.

Bepa is going to have to be more aggressive against Peschke. She can't be dictated to again.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2005, 02:46 PM
Vera just has to win. She won't have to play great tennis to do it.
But she has to compete, and not lose her focus.

Epigone
Jun 21st, 2005, 02:52 PM
Vera just has to win. She won't have to play great tennis to do it.
But she has to compete, and not lose her focus.I don't think you realise how close she was to an early exit.

She was doing nothing with Weingartner's serve until the game that she broke (4-4 in the 2nd), and then was taken to deuce while serving for the set.

Her stats were a mess, and Weingartner was hitting more winners than unforced errors. I don't know why Weingartner went off the boil, but Bepa dodged a bullet.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2005, 02:59 PM
I didn't see it. But it's important to get through the early rounds, then peak.
A lot of players struggle early. Justine lost a set. Just win.

Epigone
Jun 21st, 2005, 03:28 PM
I didn't see it. But it's important to get through the early rounds, then peak.
A lot of players struggle early. Justine lost a set. Just win.I don't want Bepa struggling early.

Re-read the match report from Berlin, and see what can happen when Bepa falls behind :o :sad:

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2005, 03:31 PM
Nadia is down a set and a break. All that matters is coming through to round 2.
Half the field doesn't make it.

Epigone
Jun 21st, 2005, 03:54 PM
Nadia is down a set and a break. All that matters is coming through to round 2.
Half the field doesn't make it.A win is a win, but I want wins that don't come at a huge emotional cost.

With any luck, someone will posts some comments from the match. I know that Bepa's face was in a towel a few times, so I don't think she was very happy (although she says she doesn't cry when she does that :p).

daniela86
Jun 21st, 2005, 04:04 PM
Vera :yeah: :bowdown: :clap2: After seeing her lose the 1st set,I thought she would lose the match:o but fortunatly, it didn't happen.Congrats Vera for this win and the fight but i really hope she won't keep on playing like that.She has to be more aggressive and to focus a lil bit more :mad: (or like rrfnpump said Kveta will kick her ass another time :bigcry: ) Good luck against Kveta now :D :rocker: DAVAI! :cool: :cool: :bigclap: :clap2:

Epigone
Jun 21st, 2005, 04:09 PM
BTW, Katya Bondarenko is out already :sobbing::bigcry::crying2::sad:, so that's one less headache for Bepa.

In addition, Brandi beat Schiavone, so that takes the seeded player out of the 3rd round.

Epigone
Jun 22nd, 2005, 05:31 AM
OOP for Wednesday
Court 8 12.00 noon Start
1 Ladies' Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Janette Husarova (SVK)[6]/Conchita Martinez (ESP)[6]
vs.
Eva Birnerova (CZE)/Andreea Vanc (ROM)

2 Gentlemen's Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)/Uros Vico (ITA)
vs.
Victor Hanescu (ROM)/Andrei Pavel (ROM)

3 Gentlemen's Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Massimo Bertolini (ITA)/Filippo Volandri (ITA)
vs.
Wayne Black (ZIM)[4]/Kevin Ullyett (ZIM)[4]

4 Ladies' Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Alyona Bondarenko (UKR)/Anastassia Rodionova (RUS)
vs.
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)[5]/Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[5]

Epigone
Jun 22nd, 2005, 11:36 AM
On the subject of Lex:
Here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/SJW/Picture063copy.jpg) they are together at Wimbledon.

That's good to see :)

Foot's Fingers
Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:59 PM
OOP for Wednesday
Court 8

4 Ladies' Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Alyona Bondarenko (UKR)/Anastassia Rodionova (RUS)
vs.

Hope this match will decide who will win full tournament and receive GS Doubles Title

Nastya/ Alyona or Vera/Lena :angel:

Epigone
Jun 22nd, 2005, 06:11 PM
Bepa/Lena d. Alyona/Nastya 6-2 7-5 :yippee: :bigclap: :woohoo:

Alyona/Nastya :sobbing: :hug:

The match was a little too close for comfort, with Bepa and Lena being forced to save SPx3 @ *4-5 :o

Now I can sleep :zzz:

daniela86
Jun 22nd, 2005, 06:51 PM
Congrats Bepa/Lena, qualifiers can often be dangerous opponents :bowdown: :clap2: :clap2: :banana: :bounce: :worship: :D :angel: Best of luck for the second round :D

Epigone
Jun 23rd, 2005, 03:35 AM
OOP for Thursday
Court 4 12.00 noon Start
1 Gentlemen's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Igor Andreev (RUS) vs. Davide Sanguinetti (ITA)
2 Ladies' Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Kveta Peschke (CZE) vs. Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[11]

Be aggressive! :boxing:

Daniel
Jun 23rd, 2005, 03:36 AM
Vamos Verita :kiss: :hug:

Foot's Fingers
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:28 AM
so Lena /Vera -- you have no choice but to win Wimbledon!!!

Yor main task for the season. ;)

Foot's Fingers
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:22 AM
BTW, in today interview which already mentioned i others threads, Vera sounds quite optimistic abt Lex and her game

Wonder why Vera decided not to play mixed again ....

May be it's good may be not

Epigone
Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:44 AM
BTW, in today interview which already mentioned i others threads, Vera sounds quite optimistic abt Lex and her gameI agree. I think she is going to come out swinging today :D

You're right about her sounding positive about Lex. That's why I don't understand what the commentators on Eurosport were talking about :scratch:.

I'm going to get to the bottom of this story ;)

Wonder why Vera decided not to play mixed again ....

May be it's good may be notI hoped that she would play mixed again because I want her to win another title :cool:

Epigone
Jun 23rd, 2005, 02:02 PM
Bepa took the 1st set 6-1 :bounce:

She broke three times, and was broken one

goldenlox
Jun 23rd, 2005, 02:43 PM
Vera has made a second set comeback, now 4-4.

Epigone
Jun 23rd, 2005, 02:54 PM
Bepa 6-1 4-6 :shrug:

She wasted BPx5 in the opening game of the set, and things went pretty much downhill from there

Davai!!!

Epigone
Jun 23rd, 2005, 03:26 PM
Peschke d. Bepa 1-6 6-4 6-3 :bigcry:
At one stage in the 3rd set, Bepa lost 11 straight points :banghead:

goldenlox
Jun 23rd, 2005, 03:28 PM
A collapse. From 6-1, 4-4 to 1-6, 6-4, 6-3.
Vera is having a very off year.
She can play much better than this.

Clai
Jun 23rd, 2005, 03:38 PM
I'm so disappointed with her 3rd set collapse!

Well, good luck on your doubles match Vera/Lena!

goldenlox
Jun 23rd, 2005, 03:41 PM
Vera and Anastasia are having very difficult years.
Even winning Memphis didn't help.
I don't know what the solution is.
But pro tennis is a very competitive business. You either improve, or go backwards.

rrfnpump
Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:59 PM
I really expected this :sad:
I was busy all day and when I came home and saw that results I was even more devastated. Its so sad to see Vera wasting so much talent with her attitude..

Good luck in doubles!

goldenlox
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:07 PM
I don't understand what Vera is doing. She played so well last summer.
I thought she would be the next Russian to win a major.
Instead, she's going to start dropping in the rankings.

Vera doesn't have a professional attitude on court. Sharapova, Davenport, Sampras - the Lansdorp players - they show up to play. Great focus.
Vera's head is all over the place.

Epigone
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:21 PM
Vera doesn't have a professional attitude on court. Sharapova, Davenport, Sampras - the Lansdorp players - they show up to play. Great focus.
Vera's head is all over the place.Lindsay? :scratch:

Yes, Bepa has no focus, and that's her major weakness. She rides an emotional rollercoaster every match.

Epigone
Jun 24th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Zvonareva Loses in Three Sets
Thursday, June 23, 2005

Kveta Peschke of Czech Republic, 30 in two weeks' time, gave herself an early birthday present by reaching the third round with a three-set defeat of 11th seed Vera Zvonareva of Russia 1-6, 6-4, 6-3.

Most of the statistics were not on Peschke's side ahead of the match. Zvonareva of Russia, more than 10 years younger than Peschke and ranked No.15 in the world, had reached the fourth round of The Championships in 2003 and 2004. Peschke had never advanced beyond the second round and ranks 50 points below Zvonareva. The one statistic that was on the Prague-based player's side was that she had beaten Zvonareva in Berlin 6-2, 6-0, but that was on clay.

The start of this match bore no resemblance to the Berlin one. Peschke did not manage to hold her serve once in the first set. Unforced errors and a troublesome first serve plagued her game. She was twice 40-15 up in her serve but could not score the decisive point - once gifting a game away by five consecutive unforced errors. The Czech beat the ground with her racket in frustration after being broken back by Zvonareva to 1-3 in the first set which she ultimately lost 1-6.

Peschke then started pulling her game together. She finally held her serve in the first game of the second set - even if it was after a deuce.(A deuce??? Bepa had BPx5) She went on to force a deuce in Zvonareva's serve but this time Zvonareva won. The same thing happened in the Russian's second service game.

Gradually Peschke's shots started finding their target better. At 2-4, she broke Zvonareva but the Russian broke back immediately and kept her serve to love to level the set at 4-4. Peschke kept her serve to go 5-4 up and it was third time lucky for the Czech as she broke Zvonareva to take the set 6-4.

In the third set, Peschke held her serve, then broke Zvonareva's, only to be broken back immediately by the young Russian. The turning point came when Zvonareva was serving at 2-3 down. She lost her serve to love as the heat seemed to take its toll. (you don't suddenly lose 11 points in a row because "the heat seemed to take its toll") She no longer was able to reach the much-improved Czech's drop shots.

Peschke won her next serve to go within one game of winning the match. Even though Zvonareva did hold her serve to reach 5-3, she was unable to deny the Czech the early birthday present she had worked so hard for. Peschke will meet Conchita Martinez, the 33-year-old former Champion, in the next round.link (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/reports/2005-06-23/200506231119543629170.html)

These reports seem to be so generic...

Foot's Fingers
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Verqa :sad:

Half a year have passed and what we have? Memphis title and one doubles title... Dissapointment.... AO RG WIM - all going down down down....

Tough time to comes when Vera will need to defend last summer points

Honestly, only yesterday's Dima's win over Henman saved Vera from my bad words abt yr not controling game and bad mood

DEETHELICK
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Huge shame for Vera. I expected her to live up to her seeding.

This year has been particularly frustrating for her. I do believe that while last year was spectacular, it also took its toll on her.

Fed Cup drained the hell out of her, as did the YEC. At the YEC, she was unable to produce the form that we all know she is capable of.

However, all those tough matches against higher ranked opponents which she lost must have shaken her confidence a bit. She never got over that hump.

I think the combined mental pressure of giving so much but falling short has worn Vera down and I don't think she even knows how to fix it, because her mental stamina in matches is whats causing her to lose (such as loss of focus, etc.).

Vera's strokes are beautiful, she can play aggressive tennis, moves well and mixes it up. The shots are there. It is definitely the mental aspect. Last year's HUGE mental efforts have come back for payment and poor Vera is in a funk.

I do think that whilst she may never become an elite player, she will have a successful career in the long term.

goldenlox
Jun 24th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Players have slumps - like Myskina.
But Vera creates her own distractions. It's hard enough to win when you're focused.
When you're looking for your coach, and concerned about which ball kids give you the ball, you're beating yourself.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 24th, 2005, 10:24 PM
right.......... this match was all very much Vera's undoing of herself.

1st set pretty plain sailing, everything went to plan
2nd set........... she couldnt convert break pts she had, and after each one she was going more and more teary.
Lex couldnt take anymore either........ Kveta hit alot of winners and Vera just looked at Lex and "what do i do" ? Kveta just changed tactics and began to come in alot more.

Lex took a couple of cigs and left midway in 2nd set.
Vera's SFX agent i think stayed whole match.
I gave up on this as well after 2nd set, as i had to go elsewhere. (another match to see)

Epigone
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the report :sad:

That pretty much confirms what I thought had happened :sobbing:

I guess you were lucky not to see her lose the 11 straight points because she would have been a mess :o

Clai
Jun 25th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Poor Vera, I wish she'd find a way to focus on the match and have the mental strength to finish off her opponents.

Epigone
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Court 7 12.00 noon
Cyril Suk (CZE)[11]/Pavel Vizner (CZE)[11] vs Mariusz Fyrstenberg (POL)/Marcin Matkowski (POL)
Els Callens (BEL)[17]/Emmanuelle Gagliardi (SUI)[17] vs Vera Douchevina (RUS)/Shahar Peer (ISR)
Jennifer Hopkins (USA)/ Mashona Washington (USA) vs Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)[5]/Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[5]
Justin Gimelstob (USA)/ Tina Krizan (SLO) vs Todd Perry (AUS)/Els Callens (BEL)

Keep going! :drive:

Epigone
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Bepa/Lena d. Hopkins/Washington 6-7 6-2 6-1 :bounce::worship::yippee::dance:

They wasted soooo many opportunities in the 1st set (they had chances to go up a double break) :help:, but after that, it was fairly smooth sailing :cool: :drive:

daniela86
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Vera/Lena rock :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: Congrats :yippee: :yippee: even if you should have focused more.Best of luck in the 1/8s

Epigone
Jun 26th, 2005, 04:52 PM
From Sport Express (http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?105358)
Вера ЗВОНАРЕВА: "МОЙ ТРЕНЕР И Ричард УИЛЬЯМС - СТАРЫЕ ЗНАКОМЫЕ"
- В прошлом году в Лос-Анджелесе на чемпионате мира WTA Tour я видел, как Кэррингтон подошел к отцу сестер Уильямс Ричарду и о чем-то долго с ним беседовал. Случайно не знаете, о чем именно?

- Они знают друг друга очень давно и могли говорить о чем угодно. Ричард очень переживает за Серену и Винус, Лекс стремится помочь мне, так что, возможно, делились друг с другом опытом. Вообще Лекс очень общительный человек, он поддерживает отношения с очень многими людьми и собирает благодаря этому немало полезной информации.It seems that Lex and Richard Williams are old friends..

Bepa said that Lex is a very sociable person, and he keeps in contact with many people. By doing this, he can learn a lot of useful things.

I should give him some tips :cool:

goldenlox
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:05 PM
If I was Vera, I would have my agent call Robert Lansdorp. And hire him for about 2 weeks of sessions, starting next Monday. Vera would have to go to California.
Then after 2 weeks, I'd use his opinion of Vera's game, and technique.
And decide how I want to train in the future.

Epigone
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:22 PM
If I was Vera, I would have my agent call Robert Lansdorp. And hire him for about 2 weeks of sessions, starting next Monday. Vera would have to go to California.
Then after 2 weeks, I'd use his opinion of Vera's game, and technique.
And decide how I want to train in the future.She knows how she wants to train, and in the article, she identified her main area for improvement. Besides, if her emotions aren't in check, that might not make a huge difference.

It was a few months ago that I made a comment about Bepa having too many options when it comes to shot selection, and she confirmed my thinking :)

goldenlox
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:27 PM
She should get the opinion of a tough coach, who will not travel, so he's not looking for a job.
Lansdorp will tell her the truth about her mechanics and shot selection.

andrewbroad
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:24 PM
I think the technical side of Bepa's game is fine, but - besides working through her obvious issues with tissues - I think she needs to work on her heat-training if she's going to survive matches like this in over 30°C.

I live in England myself, and at the time I was following Bepa's second-round scores, the temperatures were the hottest I've ever experienced in my life.

I've also noticed that Bepa's worst results this year have tended to come in the hot climates, while her best result - successfully defending Memphis - was in a cold climate.

If I were Bepa and wanted to give myself the best chance for the 2006 season, I would spend the entire off-season (from the end of November) training in Australia (or perhaps Florida if she wants to spend Christmas in Moscow).

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/)

Epigone
Jun 28th, 2005, 03:55 AM
OOP for Tuesday
Court 18 12.00 noon Start
1 Gentlemen's 35 RR Doubles
Ellis Ferreira (RSA)/Paul Haarhuis (NED)
vs John Fitzgerald (AUS)/Mark Kratzmann (AUS)
2 Ladies' Doubles - 3rd Rnd.
Marion Bartoli (FRA)/Milagros Sequera (VEN)
vs Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)[5]/Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[5]

Just win! :cool:

Epigone
Jun 28th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Bepa/Lena d. Bartoli/Sequera 6-4 3-6 6-3 to move into the QF :bounce::worship::dance::bowdown:

They had to save BP while serving for the match :o

Foot's Fingers
Jun 28th, 2005, 02:29 PM
wow!!!

Girls pls don't stop in QF now!!!

Good Luck!!!

much better than at RG

goldenlox
Jun 28th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Vera and Lena are 3 matches away. They need points to make the YEC.

goldenlox
Jun 28th, 2005, 05:31 PM
"They realize tennis can do something for them," said Lex Carrington.

Carrington, who is based outside of Boston, was talking about his favorite tennis pupils, the ones who hail from way around the other side of the world and have surnames that end in vowel No. 1 – ev-a, in-a and ov-a.

They are the Russian women, young Russian women, and they are everywhere now, especially at the top.

Carrington, who coaches Vera Zvonareva, said he's noticed something else in is frequent travels to Moscow that may be contributing to the outrageous success of the Russian women. They have more female coaches than are found elsewhere, almost exclusively so.

"They put a lot of heart and soul into it," he said.

Epigone
Jun 28th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Carrington, who coaches Vera Zvonareva, said he's noticed something else in is frequent travels to MoscowMaybe Lex will be at CSKA when I'm in Moscow...

I should look him up :cool:

goldenlox
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Maybe Vera needs a female coach.

Epigone
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Maybe Vera needs a female coach.She has always had female coaches.

I think that Julia mothered her too much, and that's why she looks for Lex during matches. That's something that needs to be stopped.

rrfnpump
Jun 29th, 2005, 10:30 AM
I am deeply disappointed in Vera, so I havent post much here last days :sad:
She keeps dropping down the ranking and when all those points in the summer come off :help::help:
She needs to control herself and stops crying!

I wonder if Vera crys in doubles :shrug:
Good win against Bartoli/Sequera!
Keep it up

Clai
Jun 29th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Keep it up in the doubles Vera/Lena!

daniela86
Jun 29th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Keep it up in the doubles Vera/Lena!
Yeah, Davai Lena/Vera :bigclap: :bigclap: :clap2: They play against Kuznestova/Mauresmo today :) (if the rain stops) I think they have a great chance to reach the SFs :D

Epigone
Jun 29th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Yeah, Davai Lena/Vera :bigclap: :bigclap: :clap2: They play against Kuznestova/Mauresmo today :) (if the rain stops) I think they have a great chance to reach the SFs :DAren't they playing tomorrow? :scratch: :o

Bepa and Lena have struggled at times throughout the tournament, so I hope they can lift for these big matches.

goldenlox
Jun 29th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I am deeply disappointed in Vera, so I havent post much here last days :sad:
She keeps dropping down the ranking and when all those points in the summer come off :help::help:
She needs to control herself and stops crying!

I wonder if Vera crys in doubles :shrug:
Good win against Bartoli/Sequera!
Keep it upI'm not disappointed in Vera.
I just think she's immature, and we have to be patient.

This is not easy. Even the very top players have frustrating moments.
It's a difficult grind. Vera has to focus on winning matches, not on being perfect.
Just try to win the match.

rrfnpump
Jun 29th, 2005, 04:08 PM
I am just so frustrated, because I thought Vera would start controlling her game after Rome and French Open where she played good tennis!
And now she blows a 2nd Round match in Wimbledon!

I know she is immature, but she is not longer a teen. How long do we have to wait until she grows up?

Epigone
Jun 29th, 2005, 04:16 PM
I know she is immature, but she is not longer a teen. How long do we have to wait until she grows up?Maybe she'll be like Peter Pan and never grow up... :shrug: :p

daniela86
Jun 29th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Aren't they playing tomorrow? :scratch: :o

Yeah, it was my mistake :o :retard: I should have known that they would play tomorrow as i didn't see you post the order of play with Bepa/Lena's names in magenta :p :D :bounce:

Maybe she'll be like Peter Pan and never grow up...
Actually, I wonder it too.Although Bepa is my number 1,I think that it's odd to be as immature at almost 21:o :o but that's why Bepa's special :)

andrewbroad
Jun 29th, 2005, 10:49 PM
How long do we have to wait until she grows up?

Let's not wish her life away. These are the best years of her life - they won't come round again. Tears and all, I love her just the way she is.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/)

Epigone
Jun 30th, 2005, 04:45 AM
OOP for Thursday
Court 1 1.00 pm Start
1 Gentlemen's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Jonas Bjorkman (SWE)[1]/Max Mirnyi (BLR)[1]
vs
Rainer Schuettler (GER)/Alexander Waske (GER)

2 Mixed Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Olivier Rochus (BEL)[12]/Kim Clijsters (BEL)[12]
vs
Mahesh Bhupathi (IND)/Mary Pierce (FRA)

3 Ladies' Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)/Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)
vs

Keep rolling! :drive:

Epigone
Jun 30th, 2005, 05:27 AM
I think the technical side of Bepa's game is fineHer serve has let her down a lot this year.

I think she needs to work on her heat-training if she's going to survive matches like this in over 30°C.She's going back to Florida to train between Wimbledon and Cincinnati (after stopping off in Moscow). She also trained in Florida after Memphis. When I saw her in Sydney, she wasn't affected by the heat.

I've also noticed that Bepa's worst results this year have tended to come in the hot climates, while her best result - successfully defending Memphis - was in a cold climate.Warsaw, Berlin, and Eastbourne were also cold...

If I were Bepa and wanted to give myself the best chance for the 2006 season, I would spend the entire off-season (from the end of November) training in Australia (or perhaps Florida if she wants to spend Christmas in Moscow).She won't train in Australia, but I think that she should play at the Gold Coast (although I won't be going next year :sad: ). Also, remember that Russians celebrate Christmas on January 7th, so although she will probably go to Moscow in December, it wouldn't be for that ;)

rrfnpump
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:37 AM
I also love Vera the way she is, but sometimes its heart-breaking to see how her temper ruins her talent!

Daniel
Jun 30th, 2005, 07:23 AM
She is so emotional, i like her because of that, andm aybe it is not good because if she were mentally stornger she would have better results but all this is a prcess. give her some time she will improve, and she will be right there with the top players :)

Foot's Fingers
Jun 30th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Good Luck Vera/Lena!!!

Go and Win!!!

Epigone
Jun 30th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Bepa left a new message in the guestbook on her website, but it has been kinda drowned out by people using the guestbook as a forum :shout:

:rolls: at the post attacking me

goldenlox
Jun 30th, 2005, 08:01 PM
What's Vera's message?

Epigone
Jun 30th, 2005, 08:13 PM
What's Vera's message?She loooooves Dubai!!! :D

Nah :p

She said that she plays doubles tomorrow (which would have been today), and that she'll go home for a couple of days before going to Florida to prepare for Cincinnati.

Just read it for yourself ;)

Epigone
Jul 1st, 2005, 10:33 AM
OOP for Friday
Court 1 1.00 pm Start
1 Ladies' Singles - Semis
Lindsay Davenport (USA)[1]
vs
Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)[3]
T/F 6-7(5) 7-6(4) 5-3

2 Mixed Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Olivier Rochus (BEL)[12]/Kim Clijsters (BEL)[12]
vs
Mahesh Bhupathi (IND)/Mary Pierce (FRA)

3 Ladies' Doubles - Qtr. Finals
vs

rrfnpump
Jul 1st, 2005, 10:44 AM
I would love to see that match!

Good luck Vera/Lena! :bounce:

pav
Jul 1st, 2005, 12:08 PM
Had to come out of My Bepa results sulk to laugh about the official site Guest Book,only on Bepa's site could it turn into a comic! She is the Entertainer :)

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2005, 02:06 PM
Is this the new one? From RG?

2005-05-24
Roland Garros 2005, Paris

Hei everybody, thanks a lot for your support and for this website. I'm just chillin in my room, gettin ready to go to my practice Thanks guys, take care

Chill out on the court sista, not just your room :wavey:

Epigone
Jul 1st, 2005, 02:46 PM
Bepa/Lena servingIs this the new one? From RG?No, she made a entry on Wednesday. It's still in the guestbook because it hasn't been moved to the diary yet.
Chill out on the court sista, not just your room :wavey::rolls:

Epigone
Jul 1st, 2005, 02:53 PM
Bepa and Lena lost the 1st set 3-6 :o

They broke to get the set back on serve at 3-4, but threw away a 30-0 lead to get broken :help:

However, they lead *2-0 in the 2nd :angel:

goldenlox
Jul 1st, 2005, 02:54 PM
Added on: 2005-06-29 21:04:17 by Vera
Hey, I just got back to my house at the wimbledon. Actually i just went to the next building to check my e-mail and leave couple words here. I gotta play some doubs tomorrow vs Kuzia and Mauresmo. So when im done with this tournament Ill probably go back home for couple days, then to florida and my first tournament is probably cincinnati...It was a good tournament last year for me, so ill try to do my best this year too:) Thanks to all of you and take care :)

Vera doesn't seem bothered by her drop in the rankings. That's good.
Might as well just go with the flow :spit: :rain:

Epigone
Jul 1st, 2005, 06:48 PM
There has been a rain delay for 3 1/2 hours, and I don't think that they'll get back on court today :(

Bepa/Lena trail 3-6 4-3*

The way that they were broken in the 1st set was very frustrating, and I hope that they can break when play resumes, and take the match in the 3rd.

Epigone
Jul 2nd, 2005, 04:46 AM
OOP for Saturday
Court 2 10.00 am Start
1 Gentlemen's 45 & Over Doubles
Tom Gullikson (USA)/Leif Shiras (USA)
vs
Peter Fleming (USA)[2]/John McEnroe (USA)[2]
12.00 noon
2 Ladies' Doubles - Qtr. Finals
vs
T/F 6-3 3-4

Please win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bowdown:

Epigone
Jul 2nd, 2005, 11:32 AM
Bepa and Lena took the 2nd set TB 7-4 :yippee:

I hope they continue to roll :drive:

rrfnpump
Jul 2nd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Please Vera/Lena stay focused!!!!! I want them to win sooo badly

rrfnpump
Jul 2nd, 2005, 11:42 AM
*sigh*
Lena got broken :sad:

rrfnpump
Jul 2nd, 2005, 12:03 PM
another meltdown
from 3-6 7-6(4) *1-0 to 3-6 7-6(4) 1-6

:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

Epigone
Jul 2nd, 2005, 12:03 PM
Sveta/Amelie d. Bepa/Lena 6-3 6-7 6-1 :bigcry:

Bepa and Lena held GP in two of three games in which they were broken :help:

daniela86
Jul 2nd, 2005, 12:26 PM
Sveta/Amelie d. Bepa/Lena 6-3 6-7 6-1 :bigcry:

Bepa and Lena held GP in two of three games in which they were broken :help:
Disappointing :bigcry: :bigcry: They could win but they didn't play well on the important points :mad: :mad: :bigcry: :sad: I simply hate this Wimbledon :( :( But at least, they were the only ones who took Sveta/Momo a set :D Better luck at Cincinatti :)

Epigone
Jul 4th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Bepa has slipped from #12 to #15 in the rankings, and she has lots of points to defend after making the final in Cincinnati last year :sad:

On the other hand, she has moved from #13 to a career-high of #11 in doubles :woohoo:

Dirty Sanchez
Jul 5th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Yeah, Bepa's ranking has gone down but with a good finish to the year she can get it back up! :yeah: She played a very good first set against Peschke and then I'm not sure what happened although some people seem to think the extreme heat caught up with her. If she can just string a few matches like that first set together then she will be back where she belongs quite soon! :yeah:

Great to see her ranking moving up in the doubles! :dance: :)

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Vera can learn from Venus, who always stayed positive in her interviews, and wouldn't accept the media's talk that she had gone backwards.
Vera needs to stay positive, and keep working hard.

Epigone
Jul 5th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Vera can learn from Venus, who always stayed positive in her interviews, and wouldn't accept the media's talk that she had gone backwards.When hasn't Bepa been positive in interviews?

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2005, 04:06 PM
I don't get to read most of Vera's interviews. I mean in general.
Venus never believed she had gone backwards. She always talked like she was #1 and still winning majors.

I want Vera to believe her best tennis is right in front of her. It hasn't disappeared. It's right in front of her.

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2005, 06:56 PM
A match report -

at 0-1 0-30 in the first set she burst into tears. Marlene had her all over the place and at every changover vera would just start bawling. if she missed a shot she was like a small child who didn't get their way, the toys came out the pram and she went bright red and threw a tantrum.

at 0-2 the first racket was smashed, because marlene hit a winner past her. she was throwing her arms into the air as if to say "whats the point", 4 minutes into the match! marlene was just looking at her with disgust.

Epigone
Jul 5th, 2005, 07:19 PM
GL, post the whole thing :p
watched vera play weingartner at wimbledon and to be honest, all i wanted to do was smack her in the face. she acts like a totally spoilt brat on court, seriously at 0-1 0-30 in the first set she burst into tears. Marlene had her all over the place and at every changover vera would just start bawling. if she missed a shot she was like a small child who didn't get their way, the toys came out the pram and she went bright red and threw a tantrum.

at 0-2 the first racket was smashed, because marlene hit a winner past her. she was throwing her arms into the air as if to say "whats the point", 4 minutes into the match! marlene was just looking at her with disgust. it was very disrespectful and pathetic. she doesnt deserve sypmathy for it, she aint having a breakdown of any sort, she just needs to grow up and realise you cant win every point. and when things arent going your way you dont start throwing a tantrum and burst into tears, especially at the first changeover if the first set of the first match of the tournament.

was gutted marlene didnt finish her off, vera's attitude totally stank throughout that match (sorry to her fans, but it really did)link (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5723349&postcount=14)

It looks like Bepa impressed another spectator :tape:

Dirty Sanchez
Jul 6th, 2005, 11:09 AM
It looks like Bepa impressed another spectator :tape:

:lol: Oh well, I don't think she'll have sleepless nights over it! ;)

goldenlox
Jul 7th, 2005, 03:36 PM
What I find amazing about Vera's year is that she's made about $350,000 in 2005 prizemoney.
Imagine if she had good results:D :cool:

Epigone
Jul 7th, 2005, 04:20 PM
-What I find amazing about Vera's year is that she's made about $350,000 in 2005 prizemoney.
Imagine if she had good results:D :cool:I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier today :o

I have a feeling that she will get things back on track in the US :)

goldenlox
Jul 11th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Last year Cincinnati was late in the summer. Now it's the first week of the hardcourt season.
If Vera doesn't play well, she won't be there long.

Epigone
Jul 11th, 2005, 03:09 PM
If Vera doesn't play well, she won't be there long.So insightful...

Bepa should treat this tournament the same way that she treated Memphis. Just have fun and play some good tennis.

She would have won the title last year had Lindsay not taken a last minute WC, so I'm quite optimistic that she can go one step further this year.

pav
Jul 12th, 2005, 05:48 AM
[QUOTE=Epigone]So insightful...

I have had to emerge from My self imposed Bepasulk for a second time because My great mind has detected just a hint of sarcasm in the above quote :devil:

Epigone
Jul 12th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I have had to emerge from My self imposed Bepasulk for a second time because My great mind has detected just a hint of sarcasm in the above quote :devil:Sarcasm? :angel: :p

I read a post in the GM which said that if the points up to and including the US Open are taken off, Bepa would be ranked #20 :o

Time to get moving! :drive:

goldenlox
Jul 12th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Vera Z. has the same amount of 2005 points as Vera D.

Foot's Fingers
Jul 14th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Can't wait to see Vera back in action

Now she need to defend so many points, pls stay positive all Vera's fans

Epigone
Jul 14th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Can't wait to see Vera back in action

Now she need to defend so many points, pls stay positive all Vera's fansI'm very positive :)

I'm expecting some good results :angel:

Dirty Sanchez
Jul 14th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah, I'm very positive about next week's tournament! :yeah: Bepa definitely has an opportunity to do well there, just forget about defending points and just win some matches! :) She can do it for sure! :dance:

rrfnpump
Jul 14th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Vera can win Cincy if she is focused!
I am still not over Wimbledon; hopefully Vera has some good results this US summer ;)

Davai :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Epigone
Jul 15th, 2005, 04:09 AM
Here is an interview from Smash tennis magazine that was posted here (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=178964) in the GM by -ernie-
THE TOUR LIFE

What do you most like about being on the tour:

Petrova: "Changing plases all the time is very exciting, from seeing different cultures to eating different foods."
Dementieva: "Meeting so many interesing people around the world while at the same time working to win a tournament"
Myskina: "Really, nothing. Every year the tour gets tougher."

Whats the Hardest Part about Traveling?

Kuznetsova: "Its a double-edged sword because youre seeing the world but you are missing your freinds and family."
Zvonareva: "The flying is too much sometimes. Once i flew from Miami to Sydney for 14 straight hours. Or another time going consecutive weeks from New York to Moscow to Beijing to Moscow and Miami. Thats hard on your body."

Was there a moment or match early in your career that showed you had the goods to be a successful pro?

Dementieva: In 1999 we plaed the Fed CUp final, and I beat Venus. Even though our team lost 4-1 just to get that one win for Russia was very important to me."
Myskina: Palermo 1999, I made it out of the qualies and won the tournament. Then I quilifeid for the US OPEN."
Petrova: WInning the Fench Open juniors in 98'
Zvonareva: " In 2003 I beat Venus at ROLAND GARROS.":D

WHats your favorite city?

Zvonareva: "Beijings a lot like my hometown, Moscow-great hotels, great plase for an event. It was also fun in Beijing to go and this market and buy a fake rolex watch" :tape:
Kuznetsova: "Anywhere, so long as i dont have to be there more that two weeks:"
Petrova: Melbourne. Its so green and busy."
Myskina: Zurich. I love the mountains and the smaill cafes and the hot chocolate.
Dementieva: "Moscow"

What to your parents think about your careers?

Myskina: "Tennis was my fathers dream, he pushed me, and hes really happy"
Dementeiva: Tennis wasnt my decision. My mom made it for me. My parents always wanted me to play tennis."
Petrova: "Both my parents are atheletes so they know what it takes to be a pro"

When does being a pre seem most frustrating?

Petrova: "Packing. Youve got just a little time to fold all these clothes and youre tired and want to sleep."
Myskina: "Its one thing to play when youre rising up the ranks, but its another when people think you have to win"

CHILLING OUT

What do you do to relax on tour?

Zvonareva: " I watch movies on my DVD player and I also like to read books like War and Peace"
Dementieva: "You dont really have time to relax at a tournament, but when I have time, I like to go to the pool and read Dostoevsky or Nabokov."
Myskina: "Movies like Meet the Fockers or books like Lord of the Rings."
Petrova: "I always have a book with me, or play music, or play cards with my coach."

How do you relax away from the tour?

Kuznetsova: "Its fun to ride a snowbouard, or hang out with freinds, or watch a good comedy like Bruce Almighty."
Zvonareva: "Just go home to Moscow and sit in a restaurant with my freinds." :hug:
Myskina: "Mostly I like to be with my family. Otherwise , I could probably sleep all day."

Whats your favorite meal?

Petrova: "Suchi, anytime, anywhere."
Myskina: "Suchi, I love eel."
Dementieva: "Suchi"
Kuznetsova: "Suchi"
Zvonareva: "I eat everything. I like something different every day. In China, I love the Peking duck. In Russia, crepes with caviar." Blini :lick:

How Many songs do you have on your Ipod?

Kuznetsova: "At least 2,000. Lots of R&B."
Zvonareva: "Nearly 3,000. Usher, 50 Cent, and Eminem are some of my favorites." 50 Cent and Eminem??? :help:
Myskina: "I dont have one. Kuznetsova, shes the one who knows how to make all that stuff work. "

What Movies and TV shows do you watch?

Petrova: "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch is very relaxing. Thers no meaning to it, just fun."
Dementieva: "I dont watch TV."
Myskina: "Friends, I like all of them. THey are all really funny."

WHo's going to play the movie of your life?

Petrova: "No one could play me."
Zvonareva: "Julia Roberts" :scared:
Dementeiva: "No ONe"

What Famouse people have you met?

Myskina: "Through Jennifer Capriati, I got to meet Matthew Perry. But im not really into that."
Zvonareva: "It was pretty cool to meet Boris Yeltsin when we won the Fed Cup. I want to meet Pultin." :cool:
Dementieva. "Ive met Yeltsin and Pultin, but im not trying to meet famous people. There's nothing special about them, they are normal people."

Whats your biggest fear?

Kuznetsova: "Snakes"
Petrova: "Turbulence on a plane, Ive had my share."
Myskina: "The future-finding myself after tennis."

Whats the coolest thing you own?

Dementieva: " My cactus collection."
Zvonareva: "My Nissan Primera. Its black, with tinted windows." :tape: All that money, and she chose this car? :shrug::angel:
Petrova: "Ive got quite a big apartment in Moscow."
Myskina: "My black BMW 328."

BACK TO SCHOOL

What kind of student where you?

Kuznetsova: "Very well-behaved"
Myskina: "Oooohhh....well, the mormal one who missed a lot of lessons because of tennis."
Dementieva: "I was a good student until a started traveling more for tennis."
Petrova: "Until i started playing tennis at age 8, i was an exellent student."
Zvonareva: "Actually I was good. I love school." :angel:

What where your favorite subjects?

Dementieva: "Russian and french"
Kuznetsova: "Math"
Myskina: "I really liked learning how to write and speak in Russian."
Petrova: "Biology"
Zvonareva: "math" :worship:

Do you still think of going back to school and if so, what would you like to study?

Dementieva: "Yes. Id study sports management. I think I have learned a little bit about how that fielf works."
Zvonareva: "Id like to learn how to become a computer programmer." :bowdown: :cool:
Myskina: "It would be fun to go to a university and study something like design, or something with clothes and fashion."

It you werent a tennis player, what would you be?

Petrova: "A Doctor"
Myskina: "I Dont know, I dont know. Ive been playing tennis since I was 6. I really like who I am.
Kuznetsova: "An athlete in another sport-any sport."
Dementieva: "Doctor"

HANGING OUT

How do you stay friends when you travel so much?

Myskina: "Lots of time on the phone and sending text messages."
Petrova: "Its very hard. I ahave some great freinds back home who odnt play tennis. We email a lot, but when Im home, we try to spend lots of time together."
Zvonareva: "In a way its fun just to have freinds all over the world in different cities."

Have you made freinds on the tour?

Petrova: "Players are more business freinds that close freinds."
Myskina: "I hang out mostly with the Russians."
Dementieva: "Its very difficult to be freinds with somebody that you have to play against that day."

THE RUSSIAN EXPERIENCE

What is it like competing agaisnt others from your homeland?

Myskina: "Its tough. When I was the number one Russian, I had to prove myself all the time. Now Im not, so theres no pressure on me. Even more, friendships will last long than anyhing in tennis.
Dementieva: "Its more about the way you feel for this person, With Myskina we started to do things together and there are a lot of memories we can share together."
Kuznetsova: "Its very tough, but im motivated to play against someone from home."

Whats it like to be famous in Russia?

Myskina: "In the US there are these magazines and TV all the time with famous people going to the beach or eating. In Russia, its much more quiet."
Petrova: "Ive hardly ever had people walk up to me."
Zvonareva: "People dont watch sports that much in Russia, so only once in a while do people ask for autographs."

How much time do you spend at home?

Myskina: "Three to four months."
Dementieva: "Two Months"
Zvonareva: "Two Months" :sad:
Petrova: "Four Weeks"
Kuznetsova: "Two Weeks"

What do you think it is about Russians that make them so good right now?

Zvonareva: "Kournikova and Kafelnikov helped make tennis popular, so parents wanted kids to play becuase they thought kids could make money."
Petrova: "We all came out of the juniors and looked up to each other. We try to give everything we can to the sport."
Myskina: " We're tough and we practice hard."

WORD ASSOCIATION

AMERICA

Petrova: "Big Portions"
Zvonareva: "Boring" :rolls: Burn!!!! :tape::tape::tape:
Kuznetsova: "Lots of fast food"
Dementieva: "Hamburgers"
Myskina: "Far from home."

TENNIS

Petrova: "Lots of Sweat"
Zvonareva: "tennis ball"
Kuznetsova: "having fun"
Dementieva: Grand slam"
Myskina: "Number one"

ANNA K

Petrova: "long blond"
Zvonareva: " Anna the great" It sounds like Bepa is a bigger Anna fan than even goldenlox :unsure: :lol:
Kuznetsova: "Famous"
Dementieva: "Kournikova"
Myskina: "Kournikova"

WIMBLEDON

Petrova: "Strawberries and cream"
Zvonareva: "Grass"
Kuznetsova: "My Birthday"
Dementieva: "Grass courts"
Myskina: "QUEEN"

TRAVELING

Petrova: "Lots of luggage."
Zvonareva: "Planes"
Kuznetsova: "Lots of Flights"
Dementieva: "Planes"
Myskina: "Tennis"

ROOM SERVICE

Petrova: "PAy TV"
Zvonareva: "Food"
Kuznetsova: "Tired"
Dementeiva: "Boring"
Myskina: "Cheeseburger"

pav
Jul 15th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Oh no, Bepa has just cancelled out Her last two American fans:)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 15th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Just have read this interview in GM and had a suggestion that Epigone already posted this one here ;) I'm right :)

Ohhh i become to love Ver more.... ( but 50 cent and Eminem Vera pls waste all theirs CD out

Foot's Fingers
Jul 15th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Oh no, Bepa has just cancelled out Her last two American fans:)

And received a lot of others from all arnd the world

Epigone
Jul 15th, 2005, 11:29 AM
I was just re-watching THE TB between Bepa and Nastya :sobbing:, and I continue to be amazed by Bepa's retrieval skills on the 2nd point. I still don't know how she managed to get some of those balls back :shrug:

rrfnpump
Jul 15th, 2005, 01:03 PM
50 Cent and Eminem :tape:
Vera, you dissappoint me :lol:

Also I dont think America is boring! She sould not say something!

Anyway, great interview :bounce::bounce:

goldenlox
Jul 15th, 2005, 03:17 PM
If Vera thinks the U.S. is boring, she should spend a few nights in Manhattan.

andrewbroad
Jul 15th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Do you still think of going back to school and if so, what would you like to study?

Zvonareva: "Id like to learn how to become a computer programmer." :bowdown: :cool:

10 PRINT "That's so cool!"
20 PRINT "I'm a programmer myself!"
30 IF INKEY$ = "" THEN GO TO 30

--
Dr. Andrew Broad

andrewbroad
Jul 16th, 2005, 12:56 AM
WHo's going to play the movie of your life?

Zvonareva: "Julia Roberts" :scared:

I remember when I first saw Bepa play (French Open 2003), I thought she could have been the granddaughter of the actor Curt Jürgens, who played James Bond villain Karl Stromberg in The Spy Who Loved Me! Unfortunately he was infertile, and thus left no biological descendents who could have become actresses and played Bepa.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Was there a moment or match early in your career that showed you had the goods to be a successful pro?
To me, the moment I knew Vera had the goods is that first set against Serena at RG.
I could see that Vera could move well, and handle pace.
She got tired, but I really liked what I saw that day.

Vera and Lex in the background
http://images.snapfish.com/343%3B7%3A2723232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3243%3E983%3E745%3E WSNRCG%3D3232743%3B5687%3Cnu0mrj

Epigone
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Cincinnati MD
1. Patty Schnyder(1) vs wc.Caroline Wozniacki
2. Aiko Nakamura vs Abigail Spears
3. Yuliana Fedak vs Shahar Peer
4. Lindsay Lee-Waters vs Ai Sugiyama(6)
-
5. Jelena Jankovic(3) vs Quali
6. Iveta Benesova vs Quali
7. Anne Kremer vs Camille Pin
8. Marion Bartoli(5) vs Quali
-
9. Kveta Peschke(8) vs Tatiana Panova
10. Alina Jidkova vs Yoon Jeong Cho
11. Chanda Rubin vs Laura Granville
12. Daniela Hantuchova(4) vs Lilia Osterloh
-
13. Anna-Lena Groenefeld(7) vs Sania Mirza
14. Jessica Kirkland vs Kristina Brandi
15. Akiko Morigami vs Quali
16. Vera Zvonareva(2) vs Meghann Shaughnessy

I think this is a pretty good draw, although Meghann could be trouble if her serve is on.

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:09 PM
That'a tough first round at a Tier III. And Mirza is okay too.
Vera will have to play better than she has most of 2005.

Epigone
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Meghann has had 4 first round losses in her last 6 tournaments.

When Bepa won Memphis this year, she came out firing from the start, so it will be interesting to see how she performs here.

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:34 PM
When you're not playing well, everyone becomes a threat. Like Vives and Peschke.
If Vera plays well, she'll win.

Epigone
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:46 PM
When you're not playing well, everyone becomes a threat. Like Vives and Peschke.
If Vera plays well, she'll win.She was struggling before Memphis, and then took the title without dropping a set :shrug:

I want a repeat of that kind of play!!!

goldenlox
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:50 PM
In Memphis, Vera started against Pastikova, who just lost to Lioudmila in a 75k.
Meghann is capable of pretty good tennis.

rrfnpump
Jul 17th, 2005, 07:04 AM
thats not a good draw :(
first Meghann and then Akiko who plays very good at the moment!
a possible SF against Kveta :unsure:

Vera really needs to play good tennis, but if she does she will take the title

Epigone
Jul 17th, 2005, 07:21 AM
thats not a good draw :(
first Meghann and then Akiko who plays very good at the moment!
a possible SF against Kveta :unsure:Meghann has been struggling, with the exception of the Ordina Open.

Morigami's results (http://photo910.tripod.com/cgi-bin/wta.pl?p1=581&p2=2005) have also been patchy lately.

Peschke is another story :unsure:, but I think that Bepa's problems with Kveta are in her head.

Vera really needs to play good tennis, but if she does she will take the titleAgreed! :)

Epigone
Jul 18th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Bepa isn't playing doubles this week.

I think that she probably played too much tennis last year, so she's reducing her doubles workload this year.

goldenlox
Jul 18th, 2005, 02:21 PM
There's no money in Tier III doubles.
Vera can use this week to work on her singles game, and enjoy a Cincinnati summer.

Epigone
Jul 19th, 2005, 03:08 AM
Thanks to spiceboy for finding this article link to thread (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=5799720)
Zvonareva back for another shot
By Dustin Dow
Enquirer staff writer

MASON - Despite the way it ended, Vera Zvonareva has nothing but fond memories of playing tennis in Cincinnati last summer.

Second-seeded Zvonareva blazed through the field of the Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open, losing only one set before she reached the finals against Lindsay Davenport. But that's when her game just wasn't good enough. Zvonareva didn't just lose; she lost her composure, too.

For much of the match, Zvonareva's body language suggested she wasn't equal to Davenport's game. She broke down emotionally on the court and worsened, contributing to an easy Davenport championship.

Davenport did not return this year to the Lindner Family Tennis Center, but Zvonareva is back.

She is again a No. 2 seed, and emotion still fuels her game.

"You always have ups and downs during the match," Zvonareva said. "Maybe I'm just emotional in my life. I might get upset but I get happy when I get the points."

Lately, Zvonareva hasn't been getting enough points to keep her ranking close to the top 10. She has slipped to No. 15 after being ranked No. 9 here last year. But coming back to Cincinnati, Zvonareva said, should help.

"This is a great tournament for me," Zvonareva said. "It always gives me a lot of confidence in myself if I did well in a tournament before."

In February, Zvonareva won a Tier III tournament in Memphis, the same tournament she won the previous year. Since then, however, Zvonareva has advanced to at least the quarterfinals of a tournament just twice, her best performance coming in the Telecom Italia Masters in Rome, a Tier I event in May where she reached the semifinals.

But she has yet to approach the level at which she was playing near the end of last season when Zvonareva qualified for the WTA Tour championships, squeezing out Venus Williams and Jennifer Capriati for one of eight spots. She lost all three of her matches in the Los Angeles tournament, but gained valuable experience.

"That meant a lot to me," Zvonareva said. "It helped me realize that I can be there near the top. Of course I want to get back into the Top 10 this year. That's the most important goal for me. I'd like to get into the championships again, too."

To do that, Zvonareva needs to advance further in tournaments than she has lately.

She didn't get any favors in Saturday's draw; she faces Meghann Shaughnessy in the first round. But Zvonareva doesn't intend to change her style against the American, whom she defeated in February to claim the title in Memphis.

"Sometimes I might get too upset about a shot," Zvonareva said.

"That's just the way I am. I let the emotions out, and then I'm a new person. I'm just trying to do my best."

Epigone
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:39 AM
OOP - Tuesday
Center Court (from 15.00hrs)
1. Osterloh vs. Hantuchova
2. Schnyder vs. Wozniacki
3. Lee-Waters vs. Sugiyama
4. Shaughnessy vs. Zvonareva

In addition, Tatiana Panova (RUS) d. (8) Kveta Peschke (CZE) 6-4 7-6(6) :p

pav
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:51 AM
You've gotta love the Girl with these two classic Bepaquotes http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_7_25.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)

"I might get upset but I get happy when I get the points."
"Sometimes I might get too upset about a shot," Zvonareva said.

goldenlox
Jul 19th, 2005, 02:16 PM
"You always have ups and downs during the match," Zvonareva said. "Maybe I'm just emotional in my life. I might get upset but I get happy when I get the points."

It's only a factor when Vera is in a slump. Because no one else is acting like that.
I've seen Vera win Memphis, and beat Sharapova in Montreal. And she doesn't look happy.
Like Nastya when she won the AO.
But Vera can look very unhappy.

Epigone
Jul 20th, 2005, 01:57 AM
I forgot how bad it was not having a live scoreboard :sad:

The only scores I have seen were Bepa @ 1-1, 4-3, and 6-3 3-2, but I have no idea about who is serving :shrug:

Hopefully Bepa is up a break in the 2nd :D

Epigone
Jul 20th, 2005, 02:05 AM
Bepa won 6-3 6-3 :woohoo:

Nice start to the tournament :dance:

Epigone
Jul 20th, 2005, 02:23 AM
From wtatour.com
Who's your pick to win in Cincinnati this week?
Patty 29%
Vera http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gif 15%
Jelena 21%
Daniela 34%
Total votes - 2104

:rolleyes:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 20th, 2005, 02:44 AM
Vera ;) :D :)
well done ;)
good start to the hard court season :yeah:

Epigone
Jul 20th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Posted here (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5807167&postcount=1) and here (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5807202&postcount=4) by Dawn Marie.
I then watched Meg Vrs Vera. I so wanted a Vera meltdown. I wanted to see this LIVE. lol.

Anyway they both played some great points, but Vera kept those groundies low and just didn't miss much. Vera is a pretty good little player. She does focus to much on calls or balls that are good. I am lie Vera chill out. I was cheering for Vera but everyone else was going for Meg. Meg looked like she was mad as hell. She got a violation becasue she hit her ball in the stands on purpose. When Luke Jenson or maybe his brother interviewed her she was gone . She hightailed it out of there and signed nothing. Vera was nice and gave Meg many props and said she played a good match. Vera stated she likes playing in Cincinatti and that she did well here last year.No problem:) I am so tired and wore out. It was hot out there today. Some Meg fans were acting foolish, and of course they were drinking. They stated that Vera was done.. I was like.. yeah right Vera is going to beat her in two sets. Vera makes alot of court gestures. lolIt sounds like Bepa didn't get too worked up :D

rrfnpump
Jul 20th, 2005, 07:03 AM
:yeah:

Clai
Jul 20th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Great win Vera! Keep it up...

Foot's Fingers
Jul 20th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Nice start Vera!!!

KV
Jul 20th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Very good :)

goldenlox
Jul 20th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Good start Vera. Just have fun out there, and drink lots of fluids.

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/cincinnati/f_25.jpg http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gifhttp://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/photogallery_mainimage_bottom.jpg©Sony Ericsson WTA Tour
Cincinnati, Ohio: Tournament Director Bruce Flory was surrounded by (L-R) Tatiana Panova, Vera Zvonareva and Yuliana Fedak at the Player Party.

Epigone
Jul 20th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Good start Vera. Just have fun out there, and drink lots of fluids.

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/cincinnati/f_25.jpg http://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/space.gifhttp://www.wtatour.com/global/graphics/photogallery_mainimage_bottom.jpg©Sony Ericsson WTA Tour
Cincinnati, Ohio: Tournament Director Bruce Flory was surrounded by (L-R) Tatiana Panova, Vera Zvonareva and Yuliana Fedak at the Player Party.Bepa looks like she wants to be at the beach :D

rrfnpump
Jul 20th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Tatiana looks awesome ;)

Vera looks really great, too :hearts:

goldenlox
Jul 20th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Vera looks tall in that group. But not when she's near Dementieva and Sharapova
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/sunset2sunrise/003.jpg

Epigone
Jul 21st, 2005, 01:20 AM
2004 Cincinnati finalist and this year's No.2 seed Vera Zvonareva faced a tough opponent in Meghann Shaughnessy in her first round match. Although the scoreline seemed routine at 63 63, Zvonareva felt relieved to get through the first encounter of the tournament.

"I played pretty good today," Zvonareva said. "Meghann was serving well and I really had to fight for every point. Many of the games went to advantage, so I was real happy to get through this match and in straight sets."

Three of the pair's previous meetings had gone three sets, with Zvonareva prevailing, but the Russian excelled with an easier time on Tuesday, noting her familiarity on the site of one of her recent final appearances. Zvonareva is searching for her fourth career singles title, her most recent at Memphis earlier this year.1st round report (http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_7604_rx.asp)

Epigone
Jul 21st, 2005, 03:58 AM
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Center Court (from 15.00hrs)
1. Mirza vs. Brandi
2. Pin vs. Mattek
3. Morigami vs. Zvonareva (NB 19.00hrs)
4. Jankovic vs. Bammer

Foot's Fingers
Jul 21st, 2005, 11:10 AM
Hope Memphis magic will follow with Vera thic week

goldenlox
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:23 PM
Vera has to be careful about the weather. It's rough out there.

goldenlox
Jul 21st, 2005, 04:07 PM
Vera has all afternoon off today. Time to write another diary entry.

2005-06-29
Wimbledon

Hey, I just got back to my house at the wimbledon. Actually i just went to the next building to check my e-mail and leave couple words here. I gotta play some doubs tomorrow vs Kuzia and Mauresmo. So when im done with this tournament Ill probably go back home for couple days, then to florida and my first tournament is probably cincinnati...It was a good tournament last year for me, so ill try to do my best this year too:) Thanks to all of you and take care :)

Epigone
Jul 21st, 2005, 05:50 PM
Posted here (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=180146) by Albireo
The stadium crowd thinned. For some reason, the fans here are unwilling to stay for the entire evening session—I know people have to work the next morning, but if you pay for two matches, you should stay for two matches (easy for me to say; spending all day at the tournament can be tiring, and with a long ride home, I doubted I would ever stay until the last point of the night). And while a number of fans had come to the evening session specifically to see Ai Sugiyama, not even Murphy’s claim that Zvonareva/Shaughnessy would be “the match of the tournament” could keep the apathy in check for a large portion of the crowd.

I’m ashamed to say it, but having watched tennis for twenty years, I had no idea what Meghann Shaughnessy really looked like, and when I “identified” her as Maureen Drake’s practice partner on Day One, I couldn’t have been more wrong. Tall and lean, well-muscled, straw-colored hair pulled back in a ponytail, Shaughnessy is so ripped that Zvonareva—not chunky by any stretch—looked soft and out of shape in comparison. The amount of work it must have taken for Shaughnessy to get in such terrific condition was beyond my comprehension.

I couldn’t stay for the whole match, but as I looked around at the thinly-occupied stadium, I also couldn’t help but remember what another fan had said to me earlier in the day: when your defending champion doesn’t return to defend her title, the whole tournament suffers. I bring it up not as a slap at Lindsay Davenport, but there’s no doubt the tournament’s credibility took a blow when she declined to play here again. Given the enormous popularity of the ATP tournament here—a thousand fans will attend a men’s qualifying match—there was no reason for so many empty seats at a match between the #2 seed and one of the top-ranked Americans in the draw. At a time when the sport is suffering in the US, the WTA might think about the impact a returning champion has on an event, especially a smaller one like this, and start assessing penalties for players not to try for a repeat title.

Shaughnessy opened on serve. She has a strange service motion; her upper body does things pretty conventionally, but her feet leap off the ground as she serves, in a manner quite different from that of most players. Whatever the case, her serve was certainly effective, as she jacked it up to 115 MPH in taking the first game of the match.

Zvonareva—“The Crying Game” to Tennis-X readers—is an enigma to me. She’s obviously talented (no-one gets to the Top Ten without a lot of talent), but nothing about her game made me sit up and take notice, and nothing really stood out from her array of shots. (The one time I saw her play on TV I felt the same way.) She seemed in a particularly dour mood, too, and I hoped I wouldn’t see one of her crying jags before the set was over. Nonetheless, she managed to finagle a break in the third game to lead 2-1, keeping the pressure on Shaughnessy to find an exploitable weakness.

Serving at deuce, 3-4, Shaughnessy offered up a 110 MPH bullet out wide. Zvonareva did well to block it back deep into the middle of the court, but Shaughnessy had her dead to rights with a big crosscourt forehand. Still on the defensive, Zvonareva popped up a deep defensive lob, driving Shaughnessy back—she was on her way to the net and had to scramble to reach the lob—Shaughnessy did an amazing 360-degree spin and whacked the ball for what should have been a winner, only to have Zvonareva do one of those crazy around-the-post shots crosscourt, and Shaughnessy got to the ball just in time to flick it down the line. But Zvonareva got to it somehow and got off a solid forehand cross-court, knocking Shaughnessy off-balance and getting a weak reply, then volleying the ball into the empty court for a winner.

The crowd shook from its torpor, offering the biggest round of applause I’d heard yet at the tournament. Zvonareva took a deep breath, but smiled faintly. Shaughnessy’s shoulders drooped almost imperceptibly. That point was pretty much a microcosm of the set for Shaughnessy: lots of work for little reward, and she lost it 6-3. She would lose the second by an identical score, but after I’d already left.I love those points where Bepa somehow gets everything back, no matter what is thrown at her :worship:

goldenlox
Jul 21st, 2005, 06:32 PM
Good luck tonite, Vera. You can beat Morigami.
:bigcry:
:rain:

OK?

Epigone
Jul 22nd, 2005, 12:10 AM
Bepa lost the 1st set 3-6

She served a DF on SP :help:

Epigone
Jul 22nd, 2005, 12:34 AM
Morigami d. Bepa 6-3 6-2 :help::help::help:

Where is the consistency from round to round? :shrug: :sad:

Clai
Jul 22nd, 2005, 02:49 AM
Vera has become consistent in being inconsistent. :sad:

Daniel
Jul 22nd, 2005, 03:23 AM
Vera omg :eek: this form cant keep going on , she needs to do sometinhg now, otherwise she will fall in the rankings. what is going on with her?? :sad:

rrfnpump
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:20 AM
Another disappointment for Vera and her fans :sad:
I told you that Morigami would be dangerous. She played a great FC and beat Karatantcheva and Maleeva.

I dont think Vera is inconsistant. Last two years she beat all players in Top20 and lost to all in Top10 (with some excemptions of course)!
This year she plays two or three levels lower and beats all players in Top60 and loses to all players in Top50 :o
Vera plays consistant at a low level and if she doesnt get it together it will be :help:

:(:sobbing::(

pav
Jul 22nd, 2005, 08:35 AM
Nissan Primera? (bloody good little cars by the way do a hell of a lot of Ks) I think a grey Lada Cossack is waiting!

Foot's Fingers
Jul 22nd, 2005, 08:42 AM
:help:

Honestly, the most dissapointing Vera's result this year for me

Epigone
Jul 22nd, 2005, 09:56 AM
From yahoo.com
Morigami stuns Zvonareva to move on in Cincinnati Open
TORONTO, July 21 (Reuters) - Akiko Morigami of Japan stunned second-seeded Vera Zvonareva of Russia 6-3 6-2 in the second round of the Cincinnati Open Tennis Tournament on Thursday.

The world number 72 used an aggressive approach against a woman ranked 57 places above her to score the upset.

"I played aggressive, because you have to against Vera," Morigami said. "If I would have played defensive against her, she would have killed me."

Zvonareva was able to gain a break early in the first set but could not keep up with Morigami's attacking game as the match wore on.

"I wasn't able to hold my serve a couple of times and didn't use a couple of opportunities in the first set," Zvonareva said.

"That kind of changed the match."link (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=reu-cincinnati&prov=reuters&type=lgns)

From wtatour.com
In what turned out to be the biggest upset of the tournament thus far, 72nd-ranked Akiko Morigami of Japan overcame an early deficit and stunned No.2 seed Vera Zvonareva of Russia 63 62 in the first match of the night session. The 25-year-old Morigami, who hits from two hands off of both sides, notched her third career Top 20 victory in defeating the 15th-ranked Zvonareva, and will now play in her fifth career Sony Ericsson WTA Tour quarterfinal. Her previous best results have been semifinal finishes at Hyderabad and Shanghai in 2003, and quarterfinal finishes at Hobart in 2004 and Memphis earlier this year.

"I just tried to concentrate on my game and not think about who was on the other side of the net," said Morigami, who avenged a defeat in her only prior meeting with Zvonareva, a straight-sets loss in the second round at Montreal last year. "I played aggressive, because you have to play aggressive against Vera. If I would have played defensive against her, she would have killed me."

After making it all the way to the Top 10 in 2004, Zvonareva has struggled in 2005, losing prior to the quarterfinals in 10 of 14 events played, including here at Cincinnati, where last year she was a runner-up. Despite successfully defending her Memphis title and reaching her second consecutive semifinal at Rome, the 20-year-old Russian has notched five opening round losses this season, and has not won consecutive matches since May at Roland Garros, where she lost in the third round.

"I wasn't able to hold my serve a couple of times and didn't use a couple of opportunities in the first set," said Zvonareva on Thursday's loss to Morigami. "That kind of changed the match."link (http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_7618_rx.asp)

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 02:21 PM
It's been that kind of year for Vera. She just doesn't have the form that she had when she made the YEC last year.
She has to decide if she's satisfied with her current situation.
If she's not, change it. If Vera is satisfied that her coaching and training is not the problem, then stay positive and keep working.

Epigone
Jul 22nd, 2005, 02:33 PM
I think a possible problem is that she isn't being aggressive enough.

Last year, she would let top 10 players dictate the points, but now it seems that other players are able to do the same thing.

Zhenya said that she beat Bepa in Thailand because she was aggressive, and that strategy seems to have paid off for Morigami as well.

I've seen Bepa outhit Davenport from the baseline, and she certainly didn't back down against Serena in L.A. last year, so why doesn't she just ramp up the power and blast her opponents off the court? :shrug:

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2005, 02:50 PM
Sometimes it's just hard to win matches. Look at Dokic.
It's a tough sport, and very competitive.
Play lots of doubles, especially the majors and Tier I's. That's my advice.

Epigone
Jul 22nd, 2005, 03:46 PM
Sometimes it's just hard to win matches. Look at Dokic.Dokic struggles in most of her matches at the moment, while Bepa blows hot and cold. She handled Meghann's pace, yet folded against Morigami. Then there were those double faults on BP :o

Play lots of doubles, especially the majors and Tier I's. That's my advice.I'll pass that advice along :wavey:

_LuCaS_
Jul 23rd, 2005, 08:29 AM
Bepa :(
She must put on a winning streak ... soon

rrfnpump
Jul 23rd, 2005, 02:30 PM
Stanford Main Draw

(1) L. Davenport vs BYE
(Q) vs A-L. Groenefeld
L. Raymond vs WC A. Haynes
K. Sprem vs (6) N. Dechy

(4) K. Clijsters vs BYE
A. Sugiyama vs S. Stosur
WC A. Stevenson vs D. Hantuchova
(Q) vs (5) V. Zvonareva

(8) F. Schiavone vs (Q)
S. Peng vs I. Benesova
M. Washington vs M. Bartoli
BYE vs (3) P. Schnyder

(7) J. Jankovic vs C. Rubin
M. Vento-Kabchi vs A. Frazier
E. Daniilidou vs (Q)
BYE vs (2) V. Williams

rrfnpump
Jul 23rd, 2005, 02:32 PM
thats a shitty draw for Vera :fiery:
if she makes 2nd round (dangerous qualifiers could be Peschke, Craybas, Peer, Mirza) she would probably draw Hantuchova who plays good at the moment
Then Kim :sad:

Maybe she needs that kind of draws where she has less pressure to win!

Davai :bounce::bounce:

Epigone
Jul 23rd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Interesting draw

Let's hope for at least a QF appearance :bounce:

goldenlox
Jul 23rd, 2005, 02:43 PM
(4) K. Clijsters vs BYE
A. Sugiyama vs S. Stosur
WC A. Stevenson vs D. Hantuchova
(Q) vs (5) V. Zvonareva

The way Vera is playing, the (Q) will be tough to beat.

Epigone
Jul 23rd, 2005, 02:53 PM
The way Vera is playing, the (Q) will be tough to beat.She is having up and down days.

If she doesn't let her opponents dictate the points, she'll be fine. She's had trouble when the person on the other side of the net has been more aggressive than her.

It's time to fire up! :fiery:

goldenlox
Jul 23rd, 2005, 03:05 PM
I'm thinking about what I would do if I was Vera :D
I would stay positive. Because I know the other players are professionals also. It's hard to win.
I would play doubles at San Diego, Rogers Cup, and the US Open.
And just play the singles aggressively. If I'm going to lose, I'll do it while going for my shots :cool:

Epigone
Jul 23rd, 2005, 03:18 PM
I'm thinking about what I would do if I was Vera :D
I would stay positive. Because I know the other players are professionals also. It's hard to win.
I would play doubles at San Diego, Rogers Cup, and the US Open.
And just play the singles aggressively. If I'm going to lose, I'll do it while going for my shots :cool:Exactly! :yeah:

I'm not saying to go for winners all the time. I mean, she should construct points and move into the net from time to time, but she shouldn't let her opponents force her into a certain way of playing.

goldenlox
Jul 23rd, 2005, 03:28 PM
Vera shouldn't get timid, which I do if I'm playing lousy. But that's a lower level, the people I play often beat themselves.
Vera has to hit out, and play the same style as she did last summer.
Maybe go down the center more, but keep the same strokes, and same energy level.

Epigone
Jul 24th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Morigami beat Hantuchova, and will now play Patty in the Cincinnati final.

Has anyone noticed that Bepa has been running into players who were having amazing tournaments?

Amelia Island - Razzano defeated Molik, Sugiyama, and then Bepa
Eastbourne - Vinci beat players including Zhenya and K-Lina and, then beat Bepa and Nastya

There are others, but I don't want to re-live the misery :crying2: :p

rrfnpump
Jul 24th, 2005, 06:46 AM
of course Vera often plays against players who have very strong tournament, but she should have beaten them anyway and she could have taken their ways through the draws!

goldenlox
Jul 25th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Vera is having a bad year. So is Myskina.
All they can do is keep trying to improve.
The past is over. Each tournament is a new opportunity.

goldenlox
Jul 25th, 2005, 02:15 PM
This week, Vera has a lot of points to defend -

Vera Zvonareva's days in the Top 15 appear numbered; she has 213 points to defend, meaning that she needs at least a final to defend her points. She probably needs a semifinal to stay at #15 -- and she just hasn't been playing at that level.

pav
Jul 25th, 2005, 08:29 PM
This week, Vera has a lot of points to defend -

Vera Zvonareva's days in the Top 15 appear numbered; she has 213 points to defend, meaning that she needs at least a final to defend her points. She probably needs a semifinal to stay at #15 -- and she just hasn't been playing at that level.
Oh No! what a thing to post when I was sleeping at 2.30 am(even if it is true) it is making Me start to http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_1_44.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) seeing Her prefixed as slumping is http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_1_38.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) naughty Bepa!

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 03:55 AM
OOP for Tuesday
Court #1
11:00 AM
Meghann Shaughnessy (USA) vs. Vera Zvonareva (Rus)

Are people feeling more confident this week?

If Bepa handles Meghann's serve, I think that she can win in two :)

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Doubles draw
[1] C. Black (ZIM) / R. Stubbs (AUS) vs. (WC) J. Jankovic (YUG) / K. Sprem (CRO)
S. Talaja (CRO) / M. Washington (USA) vs. M. Salerni (ARG) / M. Vento-Kabchi (VEN)

[4] L. Raymond (USA) / S. Stosur (AUS) vs. K. Peschke (CZE) / F. Schiavone (ITA)
L. McShea (AUS) / A. Spears (USA) vs. E. Daniilidou (GRE) / J. Russell (USA)

J. Lee (TPE) / S. Peng (CHN) vs. C. Morariu (USA) / P. Schnyder (SUI)
I. Benesova (CZE) / A. Jidkova (RUS) vs. [3] A. Groenefeld (GER) / M. Shaughnessy (USA)

(WC) A. Haynes (USA) / S. Perry (USA) vs. Q. ( ) / Q. ( )
D. Hantuchova (SLO) / A. Sugiyama (JPN) vs. [2] E. Likhovtseva (RUS) / V. Zvonareva (Rus)

I want to see some great results now so that Bepa and Lena can make the YEC

KV
Jul 26th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Bepa vs. Meg. Let's hope for a livescoreboard whereever. Good luck Bepa.

_LuCaS_
Jul 26th, 2005, 11:05 AM
I want a win in straight sets. No games
:armed: Bepa

Foot's Fingers
Jul 26th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Again Meghann and again Vera's win Hope so

rrfnpump
Jul 26th, 2005, 02:02 PM
C'mon Vera - you own Meghann!
So please win!!!

:bounce::bounce:

But I am a little scared if it works just as it did last week :unsure:

goldenlox
Jul 26th, 2005, 02:07 PM
I've read that it's very hot in California. Vera has to be careful.
It's okay to default if you're exhausted.

KV
Jul 26th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Vera's match must be on his way. Stanford :o Thanks very much for the excellent service. As the previous years waiting, waiting and waiting. Due to the ones not earning money with tennis things could be worse. Wrote my complaint. :(

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 06:31 PM
A Tier II with no scoreboard :fiery:

I've got 3 scoring sites open, but still have no scores :shrug:

EDIT: Bepa leads 2-1, but I have no idea who is serving :scratch:

KV
Jul 26th, 2005, 06:35 PM

I've got 3 scoring sites open, but still have no scores yet :shrug:Worst is you only can contact the site, if you're interested in buying tickets. :o As well you can click on scoreboard but it's the OOP. :o You can complain if you call the tourney or someone from the USTA you CAN contact. Gotta use some backdoors.

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Meghann took the 1st set 6-3 :unsure:

The only scores I saw during the set were Bepa 2-1 and 3-4

Davai!!!

KV
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:03 PM
At least Yahoo limited the damage, as long as they give the wright score. Yahoo far from reliable though.

_LuCaS_
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:04 PM

Pathetic indeed

Bepa :smash:

goldenlox
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Lena L. is just playing doubles. If Vera doesn't win, they're both doubles only this week.

rrfnpump
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Oh, come on, Vera :(:(
dont get a meltdown now!!! :fiery:
Do me a favor and FIGHT at least!!!

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Pathetic indeedModena had a scoreboard, and it was a Tier IV :o

Yahoo is useless because it says the score is still 3-4 :rolleyes:

Bepa :smash:I want to sleep, but now I have to wait for her to win in 3 :shout:

KV
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Better news thanks to Cam Gil. Vera leads 3-0 second set.

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Bepa 5-1 :)

Maybe the scoring situation sux because of this (http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_7644_rx.asp)? :o

The Tour sponsor will sell more phones if people use those services...

_LuCaS_
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Come on Bepa. Make it quick. Epigone is tired :zzz:

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Bepa 3-6 6-1

Normally I'm against posting updated scores in this thread, but it's 5:45am and I'm bored out of my mind, so :p

I was gonna have a longer sleep, but I stayed up to watch the shuttle launch/Letterman/a Russian movie, so I'll go back to bed once the match is finished. That's why I hate when Bepa stretches these matches out :D

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Bepa 3-6 6-1 *3-2

Keep it all together :)

rrfnpump
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:15 PM
finish it, Vera :unsure:

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:20 PM
finish it, Vera :unsure:And right on cue, she gets broken :help:

Serving at 4-4 in the 3rd

Everyone in the scoring thread seems to be cheering for Meghann. I feel so alone :crying2:

rrfnpump
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:22 PM
if she falls down 4-5 she will lose, I assume :sobbing:
She beat Meghann 7-6(3) once in a 3-set-tie-breaker!
I so hope she can pull this out!

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Final set TB :scared:

Davai!!!!

KV
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Its TB.

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Meghann d. Bepa 6-3 1-6 7-6(6) :sobbing: :bigcry: :shrug: :hug:

Bepa went from *3-2 to 4-4* to *5-6 in the final set :help:

Now I can update her website and get back to bed :sad:

Stanford can die for making me suffer through that match without a scoreboard :fiery:

goldenlox
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Now Vera and Lena can go for the doubles title.

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Now Vera and Lena can go for the doubles title.My theory says that she'll have an excellent tournament in doubles when she has a heartbreaking loss in singles, but I don't care about that now :crying2:

This feels very much like the loss to Benesova at Charleston.... :sad:

pav
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Bepa, http://smileys.******************/cat/3/3_8_14.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_19_4.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_1_4.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)

goldenlox
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:56 PM

If Vera doesn't win some matches, she'll be playing Tier II qualies in 2006 :eek:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 26th, 2005, 08:58 PM
another fine mess :fiery:
real kick in the guts again :(

Vera ......... got to change something
get rid of this "Blake" Carrington :o

she'd have more success if she hired Krystle Carrington instead :o

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I have no idea about what happened, but she lead *3-2 in the 3rd, and she should have put the match away.

Lex can't be there to hold her hand.

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 09:10 PM
If Vera doesn't win some matches, she'll be playing Tier II qualies in 2006 :eek:Maybe she should model herself on Daniela Hantuchova and get awarded a Gold Exempt WC... :p

I don't think that the situation is that dire, although it is a little :unsure: at the moment.

Bepa needs to focus her efforts on winning matches, and the rankings will take care of themselves.

ys
Jul 26th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Vera ......... got to change something
get rid of this "Blake" Carrington :o

she'd have more success if she hired Krystle Carrington instead :o

Absolutely, absolutely. He is one and only culprit. His presence and all his dumb "bitch" jokes clearly destabilized Vera's mental state. She is not a half a player she was when she left Yulia. It's only his fault. he was there to guide her to improvement. Instead it was all downhill..

Epigone
Jul 26th, 2005, 09:22 PM
I just checked the Match Notes thing on wtatour.com, and Lex is listed as Bepa's coach again. You might remember that it said "not currently working with anyone" before the French Open.

I wonder why it changed again :scratch:

_LuCaS_
Jul 26th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Tough loss girl :fiery:

Epigone
Jul 27th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Stadium (from 11.00hrs)
1. Bartoli vs. Schnyder
2. Raymond vs. Dechy
3. Jankovic vs. Frazier (n/b 14.00hrs)
4. Hantuchova/Sugiyama vs. Likhovtseva/Zvonareva
5. Mirza vs. V.Williams (NB 19.30hrs)
6. McShea/Spears vs. Daniilidou/Russell

Just win!!! :shout: :angel:

Epigone
Jul 27th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Match report (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-stanford&prov=ap&type=lgns)
STANFORD, Calif. (AP) -- Meghann Shaughnessy clenched her fist after saving match point, then drilled a service ace that propelled her to an upset Tuesday over fifth-seeded Vera Zvonareva at the Bank of the West Classic.

Shaughnessy, a 6-3, 1-6, 7-6 (6) winner, advanced to the second round against 24th-ranked Daniela Hantuchova, who needed just 51 minutes to dispatch Alexandra Stevenson 6-2, 6-1.

``I played three pretty good matches in qualifying and that helped me,'' Shaughnessy said. ``She fights hard and it's been a bit back and forth between us.''

Shaughnessy, ranked 69th, beat Zvonareva for the second time in six career meetings and the first since the U.S. Open in 2003. Zvonareva won 6-3, 6-3 last week in Cincinnati.

``I always say there's nothing worse than being sent home by the same player in two consecutive tournaments,'' Shaughnessy said. ``I'm glad to win if for nothing else to protect my own sanity.''

Shaughnessy is making her seventh consecutive appearance at the event. She beat Venus Williams en route to her only semifinal in 2001 -- which led to her career-best ranking of 11th.

The 15th-ranked Zvonareva rallied from a 4-2 deficit in the tiebreaker, and eventually took a 6-5 edge by coming to the net.

The ace put Shaughnessy up 7-6. Then Zvonareva hit into the net to end the 2 1/2 -hour match.

Zvonareva, making her debut at the event, was ranked ninth last August. She's lost her first match in five of the last 11 tournaments since defending her title at Memphis with a straight-sets victory over Shaughnessy.

``We both played well, but maybe she was a little bit lucky on the break points,'' Zvonareva said. ``You play every week, you win, you lose, you go to the next tournament. I just want to be back in the top 10.'' Bepa had MP :eek: :shout:

Why can't she win and win and win and win and win, and then go to the next tournament? :sobbing:

rrfnpump
Jul 27th, 2005, 06:50 AM
I already thought she had mp! Vera is mentally so fragile at the moment that it had to be clear she would loose after not making that match point :sad:

What I found a bit strange is that Vera doesnt say anything negative after her losses. There is no evidence of self-critics or just questioning why she lost. I mean, saying that Meghann was a bit lucky at bps is just :cuckoo:
I think she takes this losses too positive and it doesnt seem like she wants to change something. She says that she wants to get back in TOP10, but she might think that goes without her doing sth, for it. :(

What would have happened this year if Vera had won that :shout: tie-breaker against Zuluaga at the beginning of the season :crazy:

Daniel
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Vera :bigcry: it is just not normal Veraaaaaaaaaaa . :fiery:

Epigone
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:41 AM
There is no evidence of self-critics or just questioning why she lost. I mean, saying that Meghann was a bit lucky at bps is just :cuckoo:
I think she takes this losses too positive and it doesnt seem like she wants to change something. She says that she wants to get back in TOP10, but she might think that goes without her doing sth, for it. :(I've also noticed that lately :o

This comment: "You play every week, you win, you lose, you go to the next tournament. I just want to be back in the top 10.''is just :shrug:

It's almost as if she expects to lose, and that losing isn't a big deal :scratch:
Where is the determination to win???

What would have happened this year if Vera had won that :shout: tie-breaker against Zuluaga at the beginning of the season :crazy:Argh, that match was :crying2:. I did all that I could to cheer for her, but it wasn't enough :sad:

Foot's Fingers
Jul 27th, 2005, 09:28 AM
going down?

Don't believe

BUBI
Jul 27th, 2005, 09:53 AM
All I can say is :crying2:

pav
Jul 27th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Bepa, I'm wondering what's happening to You
just what's going on behind those eyes of bright blue?
here You are in the Mother of all slumps
but You don't seem even slightly down in the dumps
a passionate Girl like You should be mad as a hatter
then at the press conference You act like it just doesn't matter
You say You want to be back in the top ten
hell, You'll have to work hard to get back there again
at the moment You are dropping ranking points aplenty
it will be a wonder if You stay inside the top twenty

You are still My number one favourite Player
the Venus, Maria and Kuzzy Slayer
I love it when You talk in Russian out loud
and throw a water bottle high up at the crowd
the tears ,the tantrums,the odd racquet crack
the bullet like groundstrokes,the all out attack

When will We have the old Bepa again
the fierce young female falcon,not the broody old hen
I need Bepa back,because with the day company I keep
I see quite enough of placid cattle and sheep
The Bepa I know,She stands out from the crowd
like the odd mad young bullcalf Who bellows out loud
He jumps up in the air with His eyes opened wide
While the rest trail through the gateway
He runs off round the side
while He makes You damn mad cause He won't follow the rest
I can't help but admire Him,He's got a brave heart in His chest

So come back to form Bepa, don't do things by half
get back to being the Falcon, crossed with the mad young bullcalf

http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_1_38.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)

Epigone
Jul 27th, 2005, 02:15 PM
From wtatour.com (http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_7659_rx.asp)
STANFORD, CA - Jelena Jankovic and Francesca Schiavone got off to winning starts while Vera Zvonareva suffered another setback as first round action was completed at the Bank of the West Classic in Stanford, California, a Tier II event on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour that kicks off the 2005 US Open Series. Zvonareva, who was seeded No.5, became the first seeded casualty this week, squandering a match point in the final-set tie-break and going on to lose 63 16 76(6) to American qualifier Meghann Shaughnessy. After the two players split the first two sets and went toe-to-toe for much of the third, the 15th-ranked Zvonareva trailed early in the tie-break before recovering to reach match point at 6-5. The 69th-ranked Shaughnessy hung tough to save that point, however, and blasted an ace to reach her own match point. A shot into the net from Zvonareva ended the two-and-a-half-hour match, and allowed Shaughnessy to avenge a straight-sets loss to her Russian opponent from the first round at Cincinnati last week.

Shaughnessy has now won two of her six encounters with Zvonareva, her first victory coming in the third round at the US Open in 2003. Zvonareva was victorious at Indian Wells and Zurich in 2003, and Memphis and Cincinnati this year. The victory is Shaughnessy's best since March of last year at Doha, where she defeated then-10th-ranked Ai Sugiyama en route to a quarterfinal finish. The 26-year-old is playing the main draw at Stanford for the sixth time, her best result coming in 2001, when she upset then-second-ranked Venus Williams in a thrilling three-set quarterfinal that went to a third-set tie-break, before losing to eventual champion Kim Clijsters in three sets. Interestingly, Shaughnessy, a former world No.11, had to play qualifying at a Tour event this week for the first time in nearly five years.

After making it all the way to the Top 10 in 2004, Zvonareva continues to struggle in 2005, losing prior to the quarterfinals in 11 of 15 events played, including here in her Stanford debut. Despite successfully defending her Memphis title and reaching her second consecutive semifinal at Rome, the 20-year-old Russian has now notched six opening round losses this season, and has not won consecutive matches since May at Roland Garros, where she lost in the third round.Bepa had just two opening round losses last year.

They were in Filderstadt to Elena Likhovtseva, and in Zurich to Alicia Molik.

goldenlox
Jul 27th, 2005, 02:16 PM
"You play every week, you win, you lose, you go to the next tournament. I just want to be back in the top 10.''

I don't know about top 10. You have to win a lot of matches to do that.
Vera is going to be behind Douchevina and Kirilenko pretty soon.

This is a tough, competitive sport. For Vera to stay near the top 10, she has to show up for every match. And compete for the whole match.

ys
Jul 27th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Vera, baby, Olga Morozova is available.. Give her a call..:)

goldenlox
Jul 27th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Vera stays #15, for now -

But it's Zvonareva who is likely to really move, and not in a good direction. Last year, she made the San Diego semifinal, with wins over Dechy and Kuznetsova. And San Diego is a Tier I. That's a lot of points she loses. Amazingly, the gap between #15 and #16 is so large that Zvonareva holds onto the #15 ranking for the moment. But Nathalie Dechy could pass her here, and from a strong #15, Zvonareva has suddenly become a very weak one. From being #10 as recently as Rome, it appears likely that Zvonareva may not be getting one of the Top 16 U. S. Open seeds. At least as long as she keeps playing like this!

Epigone
Jul 27th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Like I said, she shouldn't be thinking about the top 10 at the moment.

The most important thing is for her to focus on winning her first match at each tournament, and then focusing on the next match, and then the next match.

Had she converted that MP yesterday, I think that she would have made the QF. Next week, she has to really focus on getting through that first match.

goldenlox
Jul 27th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Vera should be thinking about doubles. Making the YEC.
Meghann is a good player. Stuff happens.
Enjoy the week in Stanford, stay positive, and stay healthy :wavey:

nick_chicane
Jul 27th, 2005, 05:07 PM
If any of you are interested, Sam, one of the guys on the zvonareva.com forum is an usher at the san diego tournament coming up, he gets to speak to the players quite alot and chatted with Vera quite alot last year, we all wrote a little message to her in a thread and he printed it out and gave it to her, she took it away and he could see she was reading it!! He plans to do the same this year too so if any of you guys would like to leave a message in the thread, you can find it here!!

http://www.zvonareva.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=184

Epigone
Jul 28th, 2005, 04:07 AM
(2) Likhovtseva/Zvonareva (RUS/RUS) d. Hantuchova/Sugiyama (SVK/JPN) 6-3 7-5

As expected :dance:

Epigone
Jul 28th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Stadium (from 11.00hrs)
1. Schiavone vs. Benesova
2. Hantuchova vs. Shaughnessy
3. Davenport vs. Groenefeld (NB 14.00hrs)
4. Black/Stubbs vs. Jankovic/Sprem
5. Clijsters vs. Sugiyama (NB 19.30hrs)
6. Craybas/Tu vs. Likhovtseva/Zvonareva

This looks like a nicer match than the 1st round, so have some fun (and win :p)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 28th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Nice doubles win from Vera/Lena ;)

goldenlox
Jul 28th, 2005, 03:35 PM
BEIJING, July 28 (Xinhuanet) -- French Open champion Rafael Nadal and world number one Lindsay Davenport will lead a star-studded field in the China Open ATP and WTA tournament this fall, organizers said here on Thursday.

In the women's pool, seven-time grand slam champion Serena Williams and sister Venus Williams, the winner of five grand slam events, will try to rock Davenport's dominance. Also on board are Russian trio Maria Sharapova, Svetlana Kuznetsova and Vera Zvonareva.

^They have Vera "on board". Keep that ship from sinking http://smileys.******************/cat/7/7_2_117.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

goldenlox
Jul 28th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Vera should go check out the Stanford campus. That's where John McEnroe, Tiger Woods, and John Elway went to college.

Epigone
Jul 28th, 2005, 05:55 PM
As expected, Bepa is going back to Beijing

She's gotta stock up on more counterfeit goods :tape:

goldenlox
Jul 28th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Vera made the semis in San Diego last year. She has 203 points to defend.
Then 198 in Canada. Then a lot more.
Vera's ranking is about to take a tumble.

Epigone
Jul 29th, 2005, 05:57 AM
(2) Likhovtseva/Zvonareva (RUS/RUS) d. (Q) Craybas/Tu (USA/USA) 7-5 6-3 :clap2:

Not the most convincing scoreline, but it moves them into the SF where they will face Groenefeld and Shaughnessy

pav
Jul 29th, 2005, 06:23 AM
(2) Likhovtseva/Zvonareva (RUS/RUS) d. (Q) Craybas/Tu (USA/USA) 7-5 6-3 :clap2:

Not the most convincing scoreline, but it moves them into the SF where they will face Groenefeld and Shaughnessy

A win is a win at the moment,even winning the coin toss at the net is cause for celebration!

http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_19_6.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)

Foot's Fingers
Jul 29th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Congrats Vera/Lena

But again Shaughnessy

Epigone
Jul 29th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Check this (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5857541&postcount=76) out

:haha: :tape:

goldenlox
Jul 29th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Since they're both in Stanford with nothing to do, they might as well win the doubles.

pav
Jul 29th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Check this (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5857541&postcount=76) out

:haha: :tape:

:lol: The part is Hers, She would need a bit of training as She is inclined to spit the dummy

Epigone
Jul 30th, 2005, 04:39 AM
Bepa's quarter of the San Diego draw
Zvonareva-Bye
Washington-Sprem
Raymond-Bartoli
Karatantcheva-Likhovtseva

Hantuchova-Kirlienko
Sugiyama-Shaughnessy
Koukalova-Linetskaya
Bye-Kuznetsova

This is a nice draw :)

I'm looking forward to a QF match with Sveta or Zhenya :D

goldenlox
Jul 30th, 2005, 02:24 PM
That is a decent draw. Lets see if Vera comes to play, like last year.

Epigone
Jul 30th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Saturday, July 30, 2005
Stadium (from 13.00hrs)
1. Schnyder vs. V.Williams
2. Black/Stubbs vs. Peschke/Schiavone
3. Groenefeld vs. Clijsters (NB 19.30hrs)
4. Groenefeld/Shaughnessy vs. Likhovtseva/Zvonareva (after suitable rest)

This is a great opportunity to make another doubles final :)

Epigone
Jul 31st, 2005, 05:39 AM
Bepa/Lena def. Groenefeld/Shaughnessy 6-3 6-2 :cool: :clap2: :worship: :bigclap:

In the other SF, (1) Black/Stubbs (ZIM/AUS) d. Peschke/Schiavone (CZE/ITA) 6-3 2-6 6-3

I think Bepa and Lena have a great chance in the final tomorrow :dance:

rrfnpump
Jul 31st, 2005, 07:29 AM
a convincing win and a good revenge from Vera :D
I so hope they will win the finals today!
(Then I can change my avatar :angel: )

Epigone
Jul 31st, 2005, 08:12 AM
Saturday, July 31, 2005
Stadium (from 12.00hrs)
1. Singles final: Clijsters vs. V.Williams
2. Doubles final: Black/Stubbs vs. Likhovtseva/Zvonareva

pav
Jul 31st, 2005, 08:24 AM
Yes, good result,by the time I reached a computer the board was closed for maintenance,but found it on WTAtour site, hope they go well tomorrow :D

I had to chuckle at this from an article by By Jerry Magee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER The No. 2 seed, Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia, is in a quarter peopled largely by her countrywomen. Her potential quarterfinals rival is Vera Zvonareva of Russia, who can be remembered for expressing her pique by peppering the La Costa clubhouse with some balls while losing to Anastasia Myskina in last year's semifinals. Zvonareva did not win, but Myskina was so spent by her 6-2, 6-7 (4-7), 7-6 (17-15) victory that she could make only a token effort in the final against Davenport, a 6-1, 6-1 winner.

"expressing her pique"is a Bepa classic