PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

pav
May 2nd, 2005, 05:53 AM
"Bepa" is the most annoying nickname on wtaworld :p

poll results (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=163897)

Well at least She's won something lately! :)

Clai
May 2nd, 2005, 09:00 AM

Yay! :worship:

pav
May 2nd, 2005, 09:53 AM
Well I take a top-down approach to viewing photos, and this one got my pulse racing in less than a second! :hearts:

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/)

I might be looking from the wrong end first (Dysbepxia kicking in)

Epigone
May 2nd, 2005, 10:54 AM
Well I take a top-down approach to viewing photos, and this one got my pulse racing in less than a second! :hearts::unsure:

Bepa says that she is most comfortable in jeans and a sweater, so I wonder why she participates in fashion shows during tournaments :shrug:

daniela86
May 2nd, 2005, 01:25 PM
"Bepa" is the most annoying nickname on wtaworld :p

poll results (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=163897)

Since when Bepa is a nickname? :eek: :confused: :lol: It's her real name in cyrillic,right? :p :p

And :yeah: @ Bepa's pics :) :D She looks great and happy :) (or maybe she forced herself to smile :unsure: but i don't think so :p ) and i like her outfit in the pic with Marta Domachowska :) :bounce: It suits her a lot,she is simply gorgeous :D :D :rocker:

Epigone
May 2nd, 2005, 01:55 PM
Since when Bepa is a nickname? :eek: :confused: :lol: It's her real name in cyrillic,right? :p :pYes, but people find it annoying :shrug:. I'm going to keep writing it that way, so there! :p

And :yeah: @ Bepa's pics :) :D She looks great and happy :) (or maybe she forced herself to smile :unsure: but i don't think so :p )You're right. I think she is normally happy when she is awy from the court :D
and i like her outfit in the pic with Marta Domachowska :) :bounce: It suits her a lot,she is simply gorgeous :D :D :rocker:Daniela, maybe you can answer this question :angel: - is that a "normal" outfit that girls would wear, or is she trying to be fancy? :o

Epigone
May 2nd, 2005, 02:28 PM
Bepa plays (Q) Kveta Peschke in the 2nd round, after she defeated LL Angela Haynes 6-2 7-6

daniela86
May 2nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
Daniela, maybe you can answer this question :angel: - is that a "normal" outfit that girls would wear, or is she trying to be fancy? :o

This outfit can't be more "normal" especially when it's cold like it was at Warsaw.Vera is a natural girl IMO,she wears clothes where she feels comfortable and at ease.She doesn't try to be fancy at all and she doesn't care if people likes her style or not :angel:If she would want to be fancy, she would wear Tatiana Golovin's clothes or something like that.:p

Good luck Bepa against Kveta! :rocker: :rocker: It's a do-able match! :D

sPAWrty
May 2nd, 2005, 05:49 PM

Nope. :( That was Epigone or somebody else who invented her nickname :worship:

Epigone
May 2nd, 2005, 10:36 PM
Nope. :( That was Epigone or somebody else who invented her nickname :worship:It wasn't me, but I continue to use it in a most annoying fashion :D :o

Centre Court (from 12.00hrs)
1. Dulko vs. Hantuchova
2. Safina vs. Ivanovic
3. Clijsters vs. Fedak
4. Petrova vs. Koukalova (NB 16.00hrs)
5. Peschke vs. Zvonareva

That's a terrible time for me :crying2:

Clai
May 3rd, 2005, 03:55 AM
Goodluck Vera!

pav
May 3rd, 2005, 11:10 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/bepslumpa.jpg

Good Luck Bepa!

Clai
May 3rd, 2005, 11:24 AM
:worship: Nice! :worship:

Epigone
May 3rd, 2005, 11:26 AM
The best one yet :worship:

Is that Nastya getting bumped? :p

pav
May 3rd, 2005, 12:55 PM
The best one yet :worship:

Is that Nastya getting bumped? :p

Thanks, I asked but She wouldn't tell Me! I think it might be though;)

Epigone
May 3rd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Bepa's match is about to start

Let's hope that the rain delay hasn't caused any problems, and that winning Bepa decides to make an appearance :D

Shoulderpova
May 3rd, 2005, 05:18 PM
Go Bepa :bounce:

Epigone
May 3rd, 2005, 05:50 PM
Bepa lost the 1st set 2-6 :sad:

She was broken 4 times :help: :shrug:

Win it in three!!!

Davai!!!!!!!

Shoulderpova
May 3rd, 2005, 05:51 PM
Bepa :help:
PLease hold serve for the first time in this match :help:

goldenlox
May 3rd, 2005, 05:57 PM
Vera is in a slump. She can -
1-stay positive, and try to play her way out of it.
2 - change coaches, or make some major change.
Or 3 - she can take a break, and rest. Get healthy and refocus.

Epigone
May 3rd, 2005, 06:03 PM
Vera is in a slump. She can -
1-stay positive, and try to play her way out of it.
2 - change coaches, or make some major change.
Or 3 - she can take a break, and rest. Get healthy and refocus.IMO, #1 and #3 are the only real solutions to the problem, and she has way too many points to defend to really entertain #3

However, I don't know how she can play her way out of it when she is just plain miserable out there :sad:

Epigone
May 3rd, 2005, 06:07 PM
Peschke defeated Bepa 6-2 6-0 :bigcry:

Clai
May 3rd, 2005, 06:11 PM
Another loss...Bepa, I hope you'll be able to get out of the rut your in now. Staying positive can really help her a lot. :)

goldenlox
May 3rd, 2005, 06:13 PM
I don't know what's really going on.
Is she healthy? Does she feel her focus and concentration is good?
Is her technique sound?
Vera is in a very competitive profession.
The other players are not upset that Vera isn't playing well.

Right now, she is way off her good form.

TheBoiledEgg
May 3rd, 2005, 06:14 PM
this is getting worse :sad: :(

what Vera needs now is a win of any sort, but i think a break would do her good, but now is not the time :( :(
she's not even competing no more, such is her confidence.

tenn_ace
May 3rd, 2005, 06:18 PM
oh my....

Epigone
May 3rd, 2005, 06:18 PM
Is she healthy?I think so
Does she feel her focus and concentration is good?Not at all
Is her technique sound?Her serve looked okay in Warsaw, so I don't know how she was broken 7 times in this match :shrug:
The other players are not upset that Vera isn't playing well.Her friends will be feeling sorry for her :hug:
Right now, she is way off her good form.Yes...:sad:

nick_chicane
May 3rd, 2005, 07:05 PM
Guys, this is getting damn serious, at least before when she was losing matches, they were close!! Today is just pure humilliation!! Vera doesnt lose 6/2 6/0 to players of Peschke's standards!! Shes now at the stage where shes being totally played off the court and she doesnt seem to be a threat to anyone, whether their ranked 1 or 201!! Vera has some massiv tournaments coming up where she has some huge points to defend and she isnt gonna defend them!! This is becoming serious!!

Epigone
May 3rd, 2005, 07:17 PM
The fact that Bepa was broken 7 times and bagelled by a qualifier on red clay is a major concern, but there doesn't appear to be a quick fix.

What compounds the problem, like you say, is that she has SF points to defend from Rome, and then after the French Open, she has SF points from Eastbourne, 4th round points from Wimbledon, and then a string of points to defend on the US hardcourts. She simply can't afford to take time off right now.

She will have to put on a brave face, and try to grind out some wins. She can't afford to be disinterested in her matches. This is the time she has to be mentally tough and fight as hard as she can.

_LuCaS_
May 3rd, 2005, 07:24 PM
Not good, definately not good...RG is coming, please wake up bepa

daniela86
May 3rd, 2005, 07:27 PM
Guys, this is getting damn serious, at least before when she was losing matches, they were close!! Today is just pure humilliation!! Vera doesnt lose 6/2 6/0 to players of Peschke's standards!! Shes now at the stage where shes being totally played off the court and she doesnt seem to be a threat to anyone, whether their ranked 1 or 201!! Vera has some massiv tournaments coming up where she has some huge points to defend and she isnt gonna defend them!! This is becoming serious!!
I have to agree :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: Actually,even against top 10 players, Vera used to win more than 2 games, i have never seen her losing with a so terrible score :bigcry: :bigcry: Now, i really become to worry for her! IMO, she should take a rest until RG.Playing in that shape can only get things even worse :sad: :sad: She'll lose every match she plays in single and will be frustrated and frustrated. She won't enjoy playing tennis anymore :( :( :( and that is the worst thing for a professional player :sad: Vera is obviously very happy off court but when she is on court, she feels depressed and can't play her game.:sad: Poor Bepa, i can imagine how bad she must feel now :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I hope there is someone to cheer her up.

daniela86
May 3rd, 2005, 07:36 PM
What compounds the problem, like you say, is that she has SF points to defend from Rome, and then after the French Open, she has SF points from Eastbourne, 4th round points from Wimbledon, and then a string of points to defend on the US hardcourts. She simply can't afford to take time off right now.

Indeed she will lose a lot of points but if she keeps on playing, she will keep on losing and won't defend her points whereas if she takes a break, she will more lose points at the beginning but her fighting spirit may be back and she may be hungry of wins again, then we'll see the REAL Vera and she will have more chance to defend her US Summer points with a solid mental.As for me, I don't care if Bepa out of top 10, the most important is that she can play her game and be happy on court. If she manages to do it, she will be back in top 10 coz when she is at 100% she can be a threat for anyone.
Udachi Bepa, don't lose hope plz!!!

Almalyk
May 3rd, 2005, 08:24 PM
Poor Vera! Get it together girl, I want to see you go far at RG!

_LuCaS_
May 3rd, 2005, 08:58 PM
From Paule22's report:

In the rain breaks, I was thinking about going home because I was becoming very wet and it was getting very cold and I only was wearing a shirt, no jacket...freezing started. But nevertheless I stayed and saw a very quick and impressive match of Kveta Peschke defeating Vera Zvonareva. Vera behaves like a little child, I don't know why. After two double faults at 2-2 in the first set it was over for her. She begun to cry, send her coach of the court ("Leave - ALONE" - she was crying) and he left. After that Vera was not able to catch any game, she played like a child, which says: "I'm pissed off, I do what I want and everything is lost anyway"...She was playin without a mind, just producing double faults and errors. Kveta reminded me a bit of Anna-Lena from yesterday, she was hitting many good winners as well, not as good as Anna-Lena but by far good enough against this Zvonareva because she used some stops as well. These stops were very effective, I can't remember that Very got any of them.

:sad:

Epigone
May 3rd, 2005, 09:22 PM
From Paule22's report:Thanks for posting this
Vera behaves like a little child, I don't know why. After two double faults at 2-2 in the first set it was over for her.The smallest things can trigger a meltdown :sad:. BTW, I don't think the score was ever 2-2.

Bepa broke in the opening game, but ended up trailing 1-5, before breaking back, and then being broken for the set at 2-5
She begun to cry, send her coach of the court ("Leave - ALONE" - she was crying) and he left. After that Vera was not able to catch any game, she played like a child, which says: "I'm pissed off, I do what I want and everything is lost anyway":help:

This kind of behaviour is very worrying :sad:

Epigone
May 3rd, 2005, 09:24 PM
Ooh, check out this addition to the story:At 2-2 in the first set after two double-faults she cried and send her coach away. She broke one racquet in the end of set one and got a warning from the referee. Then she sad: "Ok, you want me to take the broken racquet?" And then she took the broken and played with that one and when she lost the first set, she was hitting the bench with her racquet - so far Vera.She was playing with a broken racquet? :scratch: :help: :o

Paule22
May 3rd, 2005, 09:26 PM
You are, right, my mistake. At least this was a time, when Vera had got a chance and played ok.

Second Post: It was not broken, but it was not ok. Her shots looked very unnormal.

daniela86
May 3rd, 2005, 09:51 PM
I was worried when i saw the result but i'm even more worried after this report :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: She must have be really depressive to send Lex off the court :sad: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

pav
May 3rd, 2005, 10:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/slumpe.jpg

Feel for Bepa

Gowza
May 4th, 2005, 12:38 AM
i think it's time vera either take a break from tennis sadly (she is still so young) or she at least play a few more lower tier tournaments, she obviously isnt happy or having that much fun out their atm and that would partially (at least) be that she isnt getting the wins out their, more wins=a more fun time and gives a player more confidence. i hope the wins start coming for her soon.

Epigone
May 4th, 2005, 01:28 AM
Wednesday schedule - TBA
1. Ivanovic/Myskina vs. Husarova/Martinez
2. Likhovtseva/Zvonareva vs. Muller/Woehr
3. Benesova/Krizan vs. Craybas/Russell

I hope I don't have to stay up all night to work out when this match will start :o

Epigone
May 4th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Second Post: It was not broken, but it was not ok. Her shots looked very unnormal.Yeah, I figured that it had probably just messed up the frame a little.

However, having said that, I wouldn't have been :eek: if I had heard that she tried to play a point with a racquet that had been smashed in half, just to prove some type of point :o

Epigone
May 4th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Another comment on the match:
I was there. yes she cried shit loads and she threw around her rackets. from the moment of receiving the 1st break in the 2nd set, it felt like Vera didn't even put any resistance against the scoreline anymore. She just played poor then. I think she hated everything there, heheee:tears:

Epigone
May 4th, 2005, 08:16 AM
More Bepa stories from the GM forum:
IN Warsaw i saw her match against Ana. After she made df she screamed :tape: to her coach ( he was sitting in the opposite side of the court): Tell me what i'm doing wrong? and she hit another df. :rolleyes:

When she was serving she wanted balls from ballboys from her right side but sometimes balls were only from left side. Once after such situation she told her coach: They were doing this specially.

Next situation: umpire said : New balls. Vera got old balls and she was ready for serving. Umpire said: new balls she was so pissed that she serve df :lol:There is hardly a dull moment when Bepa is on court :D :o

Epigone
May 4th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Bepa/Elena L. took the 1st set of their doubles match 6-1 :yeah:

Epigone
May 4th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Bepa and Lena won their match 6-1 6-2 :clap2:

daniela86
May 4th, 2005, 03:37 PM
At least, she is doing well in doubles :D :D Congrats Vera/Lena :bounce: :aparty: :aparty: :drink: :drink: :aparty: :aparty: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Great score :yeah: :) :D :cool: :worship: Go far plz! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

goldenlox
May 4th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Right now, defending points is not the issue.
Vera has to get her focus back.
She has to enjoy playing. Not make it a bad experience for herself.
I've always said - I don't care if she gets upset between points.
But Vera has to focus and compete during each point.
If she doesn't, she won't win matches.

Epigone
May 4th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I've always said - I don't care if she gets upset between points.
But Vera has to focus and compete during each point.That's a very difficult thing to do.

She can't keep telling herself that she's hopeless, and then expect to construct a good point :shrug:

goldenlox
May 4th, 2005, 04:05 PM
It's the same thing with Myskina - the difference between winning and losing is small.
And it's mental. If you are distracted, or making excuses, you won't do well.
If you are into the match, and compete for every point, you'll do okay.

Epigone
May 4th, 2005, 04:22 PM
It's the same thing with Myskina - the difference between winning and losing is small.
And it's mental. If you are distracted, or making excuses, you won't do well.
If you are into the match, and compete for every point, you'll do okay.I think that Bepa's situation is different to Nastya's.

Yes, Nastya gets distracted, but it seems like Bepa is completely removing herself from matches for seemingly no reason at all.

Their on-court behaviour is quite different, and I think that Bepa's behaviour is more worrying.

goldenlox
May 4th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Every player is not exactly the same.
But to win, you have to enjoy competing.
Vera's goal should be to win the point, not argue with the ballboys, or the other distractions.
Those things are meaningless. Trying to win. Wanting to win each point. That's what's important.
Vera is messing around too much. She should want to win.
The best players love the competition.
They hate to watch the other player celebrating.

Epigone
May 4th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Here is my mini theory...Bepa seems to be a perfectionist, and is motivated by a fear of failure.

Each time the score changes, it is a reflection on her. If she loses the point, she is a failure. If she wins the point, well, she has averted failure until the next point.

Unless she plays flawless tennis, she is going to be berating herself during the match when she makes errors, or when she thinks that she could have prevented a winner from her opponent.

I don't see how she can really enjoy herself under such circumstances :shrug:

goldenlox
May 4th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Vera has to enjoy competing. Everything won't be going well all the time, but the top players enjoy competing. They want to win all their matches.

pav
May 4th, 2005, 08:11 PM

Well done to Them! I slept through it, lazy traitorous Dog I am!:o

Epigone
May 5th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Vera has to enjoy competing. Everything won't be going well all the time, but the top players enjoy competing. They want to win all their matches.She's not enjoying tennis at the moment, so instead of playing to win, it's seems like she's playing not to lose. That's a completely different mentality.

The problem is that she's not even managing to do that :sad:

Foot's Fingers
May 5th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Vera!!!!

So painful to see you and to read all this reports.
Every strong person need to find the way to go after disasters. Just trust to yourself

Always with you.

goldenlox
May 5th, 2005, 05:36 PM
This isn't a disaster. It's a slump. Vera will pull out of it.
Vera and Lena L. play Kostanic/Peng. Good draw at a Tier I.

Epigone
May 5th, 2005, 05:52 PM
This isn't a disaster. It's a slump. Vera will pull out of it.
Even when she wasn't slumping, this kind of behaviour was keeping her from playing her best tennis. The fact that she is now having these problems against everyone simply makes the situation worse than it was before.

rrfnpump
May 5th, 2005, 05:56 PM
I think it is kind of a disaster, gl!

Dokic and Hantuchova were slumping for almost 2 years and also Sprem is slumping sice about 9 months.......

I mean I still believe in Vera, but you shouldnt take this that easy!

goldenlox
May 5th, 2005, 05:58 PM
It's not that I take it easy. Once a match is over, it's over.
Vera can't go back in time.
She has to stay positive, and compete better.

rrfnpump
May 5th, 2005, 06:01 PM
But I think the more matches she plays the more negative she gets.

goldenlox
May 5th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Confidence is a big issue when a player slumps.
But winning Memphis didn't turn Vera's year around.
She has to focus better. And compete more effectively.

Epigone
May 5th, 2005, 06:12 PM
It's not that I take it easy. Once a match is over, it's over.
Vera can't go back in time.True, but she can learn from it. The problem is that the negative behaviour continues. I thought that the loss to Benesova might serve as a wake-up call, but she was back :shout: again in Berlin.

It's like when an animal goes near an electric fence...it get zapped, and then it tries to avoid the fence in the future. Think of Bepa as a sheep* that gets zapped, but keeps returning to that same fence the following day because it expects a different result.

After awhile, her little sheep brain will be fried :sad:

*for the benefit of pav :p

goldenlox
May 5th, 2005, 06:16 PM
I'm going to zap Vera:smash: :smash: if she doesn't start winning.
Vera has to believe these matches are important, and stop messing around.

daniela86
May 5th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Order of play for tomorrow:

Court 1
Elena Likhovtseva / Vera Zvonareva:bounce: :bounce: :rocker: vs. Jelena Kostanic / Shuai Peng
after suitable rest
Nadia Petrova / Meghann Shaughnessy vs. Gisela Dulko / Maria Vento-Kabchi
after suitable rest
Ruxandra Dragomir Ilie / Patty Schnyder vs. Cara Black / Liezel Huber
after suitable rest
Daniela Hantuchova / Ai Sugiyama vs. Janette Husarova / Conchita Martinez

I suppose it's a good time for Epi :p
Btw,Bepa/Lena should win this match :D Udachi ! :hug: :kiss:

Epigone
May 6th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Court 1
Elena Likhovtseva / Vera Zvonareva:bounce: :bounce: :rocker: vs. Jelena Kostanic / Shuai PengShould be a good match, with Bepa and Lena kicking some ass :cool:

I suppose it's a good time for Epi :p It's a very good time :p, but I wish she could have played singles at an earlier time this week :yawn:. Going to bed at 4 or 5 am after Bepa loses really sux :sad:

pav
May 6th, 2005, 03:07 AM
*for the benefit of pav :p[/QUOTE]

That talk of sheep made Me all excited :fiery: and I had to go change My sig.:D

good the early court time (as long as it's a win!) http://smileys.******************/cat/18/18_13_1.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)

Epigone
May 6th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Bepa and Lena took the 1st set 6-1 :dance:

There was :rain: delay before the start, and they played some very long games. The one game they lost was when they were broken at 4-0

Epigone
May 6th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Bepa and Lena defeated Kostanic and Peng 6-1 6-2 :cool: :yippee: :woohoo:

pav
May 6th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Great win Bepa/Lena and Nadia http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_17_4.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)

time for sleep:zzz:

Clai
May 6th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Congrats Bepa/Lena!

Shoulderpova
May 6th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Bepa/Lena :yeah: :hug:

daniela86
May 6th, 2005, 01:08 PM
:eek: It was easier than i expected :cool: :D Lena/Vera rule,they only lost 6 games in 2 matchs :rocker: :rocker: = VERY IMPRESSIVE! Keep on playing that good and take the title plz :bowdown: UDACHI,DAVAI!!!:worship:

Epigone
May 6th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Bepa and Lena will face Dulko and Vento-Kabchi in the SF, after they defeated Nadia and Meghann 7-6 6-1

If they win this match, they are into the final! :D

Udachi!!!

rrfnpump
May 6th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Great win :yeah::yeah:

How could Petrova/Shaughnessy loose to Dulko/MAVK :cuckoo:

I think Bepa/Lena will make the finals ;)

goldenlox
May 6th, 2005, 06:57 PM
How could Petrova/Shaughnessy loose to Dulko/MAVK Nadia had just beaten Mauresmo.

Epigone
May 7th, 2005, 03:08 AM
Nadia had just beaten Mauresmo.And? :scratch:

Nastya took the Kremlin Cup singles title last year, and then back up to defeat Ruano Pascual and Suarez for the doubles title.

Saturday, May 7, 2005
Centre Court (from 11.00hrs)
1. Bovina vs. Jankovic (To finish 36 63)
2. Henin-Hardenne vs. Schnyder (NB 13.00hrs)
3. Bovina or Jankovic vs. Petrova
4. Hantuchova/Sugiyama vs. Black/Huber
5. Dulko/Vento-Kabchi vs. Likhovtseva/Zvonareva

Great timing :o

Epigone
May 7th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Bepa's quarter in Rome
Bepa Zvonareva vs bye
Dally Randriantefy vs Jelena Jankovic
Na Li vs Qualifier
Maria Elena Caremin vs Nathalie Dechy

Ai Sugiyama vs Magdalena Maleeva
Maria Vento Kabchi vs Virginie Razzano
Meghann Shaughnessy vs Francessca Schiavone
Serena Williams vs bye

She'll have to get through here to defend her SF points from last year

This is will be a good test before the French Open. Now is the time to step it up :bowdown:

Shoulderpova
May 7th, 2005, 12:00 PM
second round match is against Jankovic :scared:
C'mon Bepa :bigclap: :bigclap:

daniela86
May 7th, 2005, 12:10 PM
second round match is against Jankovic :scared:
C'mon Bepa :bigclap: :bigclap:
I'm also scared :scared: :scared: :scared: Jelena is in shape and it won't be an easy match for Bepa :scared: I really hope her great wins in doubles make her more confident because she 'll need confidence to beat Jelena. It's again a bad draw for Bepa :mad: :sad: but it's a good test before RG :yeah:

rrfnpump
May 7th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Jelena is inconsistant! After her final defeat against Davenport she lost to Chakvetadze!

So everything is possible, but Bepa needs to gain some confidence!

Clai
May 7th, 2005, 01:49 PM
I hope Vera finally starts winning in Rome. C'mon Vera!

Epigone
May 7th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Bepa and Lena have had their match moved to Court 1 because the second singles SF took too long.

The match is on the scoreboard now, so hopefully it will start soon.

goldenlox
May 7th, 2005, 04:06 PM
And? :scratch:
And, Nadia wanted to save her energy for today. And tomorrow.
Now Vera and Lena need to use this opportunity.
A Tier I doubles win is $25,000 each. Like a Tier II semi in singles.

Epigone
May 7th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Bepa and Lena took the 1st set 7-5 :)

They led 1-0*, but were broken in their next service game, and didn't lead again until they held for 6-5*

They really need to hold serve in the 2nd set :o

Epigone
May 7th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Bepa and Lena lost the 2nd set 3-6 :crying2:

They lead *2-0 at the start of the set, but then really struggled to hold serve, and were broken, despite being in strong positions. They had BPx2 at 3-4*, and GPx2 at *3-5 :o

They will need to hold more often in the 3rd

Epigone
May 7th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Bepa and Lena won 7-5 3-6 6-2 :yippee: :woohoo:

They will face Black and Huber in the final

Bepa and Lena had a bit of trouble holding serve today, but they have a great shot at taking this title :dance:

daniela86
May 7th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Vera made up the dreadful loss in single :yeah: :D Congrats Lena/Bepa for the great win :D :aparty: :aparty: and good luck tomorrow! Take the title, 1 more match girls!! :kiss: :aparty: Black/Huber aren't that good so i think that Bepa/Lena should beat them!! :D
They are a great team and i hope they'll play 2gether next week too as Nastya doesn't play at Rome :D

goldenlox
May 7th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Vera made up the dreadful loss in single :yeah: :DNo she didn't.
Vera still has to get her game together.

Epigone
May 7th, 2005, 06:32 PM
No she didn't.
Vera still has to get her game together.If she is having fun playing doubles, she is on the road to regaining her game.

goldenlox
May 7th, 2005, 06:35 PM
If she is having fun playing doubles, she is on the road to regaining her game.I hope she is on that road. But these doubles matches don't mean she'll beat Jankovic.
It doesn't mean Lena will beat Smashnova.

Epigone
May 7th, 2005, 06:50 PM
I hope she is on that road. But these doubles matches don't mean she'll beat Jankovic.Agreed, but it's better to play when happy than when sad.

Win or lose, I want Bepa to enjoy her tennis. If not, it just becomes a regular job.

goldenlox
May 7th, 2005, 06:53 PM
The players are always happier when they win.
Especially if they have high expectations.
If Nadia lost today, she would feel awful.
Because she won this one, she'll feel okay tomorrow, no matter what.
Today was huge for her.
Vera needs that kind of win.

Epigone
May 7th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Bepa has committed to Cincinnati

link (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=165419)

As long as they don't give a WC to Lindsay like they did last year, I think that she can go one step further this year :cool:

pav
May 7th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Bepa and Lena won 7-5 3-6 6-2 :yippee: :woohoo:

They will face Black and Huber in the final

Bepa and Lena had a bit of trouble holding serve today, but they have a great shot at taking this title :dance:
Slept through it again and followed Your score post when I got My lazy arse up, good news, still a few nervous moments even scrolling through the match:scared: hope They can win the title!:)

Epigone
May 7th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Slept through it again and followed Your score post when I got My lazy arse up, good news, still a few nervous moments even scrolling through the match:scared: hope They can win the title!:)Yeah, I was quite nervous, especially in the last set.

They weren't holding serve too easily, so I wanted them to be up a double break before I could relax :o

Epigone
May 8th, 2005, 04:15 AM
Sunday, May 8, 2005
Centre Court (from 14.00hrs)
1. Singles Final: Henin-Hardenne vs. Petrova
2. Doubles Final: Likhovtseva/Zvonareva vs. Black/Huber

Please take your 2nd doubles title! :)

Udachi!!!

Daniel
May 8th, 2005, 04:17 AM
Good luck Vera, do your best :D :worship:

Shoulderpova
May 8th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Go Bepa and Lena :worship:
This doubles title is yours :worship: :worship:

Clai
May 8th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Goodluck Vera and Lena!

Epigone
May 8th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Doubles draw - Rome
(1) Ruano Pascual / Suarez vs bye
Qualifiers vs Kirilenko / Medina Garrigues
Kuznetsova / Pierce vs Chladkova / Gagliardi
Testud / Vinci vs (6) Hantuchova / Sugiyama

(4) Groenefeld / Shaughnessy vs bye
(WC) Farina Elia / Pennetta vs Asagoe / Marrero
Dechy / Martinez vs Cohen Aloro / Sfar
Dhenin / Vanc vs (5) Stewart / Stosur

(8) Dulko / Vento Kabchi vs McShea / Spears
(WC) Serra Zanetti / Serra Zanetti vs Talaja / Washington
Lee / Peng vs Li / Sun
bye vs (3) Likhovtseva / Zvonareva

(7) Navratilova / Schiavone vs Camerin / Garbon
Callens / Krizan vs Russell / Santangelo
Yan / Zheng vs Jidkova / Perebiynis
bye vs (2) Black / Huber

Lena L. is partnering Bepa once again, and they have a pretty good draw.

I'm expecting another great result :bowdown:

Epigone
May 8th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Bepa and Lena L. are now up on the scoreboard

I hope that the :rain: doesn't affect this match, and that they can play well and take the title :D

Epigone
May 8th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Bepa and Lena lost the 1st set 4-6 :crying2:

They were broken at 2-2, broke back for 4-4, but were then broken again :o

They'll have to take it in 3 :D

Epigone
May 8th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Bepa and Lena took the 2nd set 6-4 :dance:

They lead 3-0*, and *5-3, but Lena was broken when serving for the set :o. However, they broke back in the next game to take the set :yeah:

It all comes down to this set, and I am confident that Bepa and Lena can take the title :cool:

Epigone
May 8th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Bepa and Lena won the Berlin doubles title 4-6 6-4 6-3 :dance: :bigclap: :worship: :woohoo:

They finally broke on BP#4 at 4-3* in the 3rd :worship:, after losing an early break advantage

Let's hope the team can repeat this success in Rome :cool:

Now, with the time approaching 4:30am, I'm going to bed :zzz: :wavey:

Shoulderpova
May 8th, 2005, 06:26 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Shoulderpova
May 8th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Bepa/Lena :worship: :bowdown: :dance: :hug: :kiss: :smooch: :aparty:
second title in 2005 for Bepa :cool: :worship:
third doubles title for Lena :cool: :worship:
Keep going girls :kiss: :bowdown: :worship:
I'm so happy :aparty: :drive: :yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee:
:yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::y ippee::yippee::yippee:
:yippee::yippee::yippee:

Epigone
May 8th, 2005, 06:30 PM
I've noted before that Bepa usually plays very well in doubles after a bad loss in singles, and this win further supports my theory :cool:

Shoulderpova
May 8th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Bepa and Lena need to keep playing with each other :cool:
They're doing well in doubles :worship:. More titles to come for them in this year :dance:
Good luck Bepa and Lena L in Rome :hug: :smooch:
Congrats girls :yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::y ippee::yippee:

rrfnpump
May 8th, 2005, 06:35 PM
:yippee: :hearts:

Lots of confidence for Vera! Use it for Singles!!

Davai! Get out of the slump!

goldenlox
May 8th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Tough draw in Rome. Probably Jankovic. Vera has to play much better than she did in Berlin.

Epigone
May 8th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Tough draw in Rome. Probably Jankovic. Vera has to play much better than she did in Berlin.That's a given, but if she doesn't repeat her :crying2: in the 3rd game of the 1st set, and remains focused for the whole match, she has the game to beat Jankovic. Jankovic is struggling with her serve, and Bepa can target it.

Bepa's problems are mainly mental, and if she can avoid a meltdown, I think she should win.

goldenlox
May 8th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Jankovic is playing well. Everyone was getting broken on those wet courts in Berlin.
Vera will have to play a very strong match to win.

pav
May 8th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Well done to Bepa/Lena!! http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_1_20.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) I http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_8_2v.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) before it and good result, I'll stay in bed all the time now! http://smileys.******************/cat/16/16_3_158.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)

Epigone
May 9th, 2005, 06:44 AM
The happy winners :)

http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/sonntag2/images/IMG_1967.jpg

Thanks to Paule22 for the great reports and pics from Berlin :worship:

Clai
May 9th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Congratulations Bepa and Lena!

Epigone
May 9th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Did anyone notice that Bepa had her left wrist taped again during this tournament? :scratch:

daniela86
May 9th, 2005, 03:11 PM
I have no words to tell how much i'm happy for Bepa and Lena! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :aparty: :aparty: :aparty: :aparty: :aparty: :drink: :drink: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: Congrats for the wonderful tournament and especially for the great fight in the 2 last matchs :D :D :D Bepa seems to be extremly happy on the pic with the trophies, hope this win in doubles gave her confidence (even a lil bit) :rocker: I'm definitly very happy she plays with Elena L at Rome too :D I love this team and despite the team Nastya/Bepa was succesfull, i think that Lena L is the best partner for Bepa.She is a better double player than Nastya and she also plays more tournaments than Nastya so they would have better chances to qualify for YEC:D Btw, Epi= :worship: for your true theory :cool: :p

pav
May 9th, 2005, 07:57 PM
sending a stretch bandage and a roll of electrical tape http://smileys.******************/cat/23/23_5_125.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)

_LuCaS_
May 9th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Congrats for the doubles title :bigclap:
Good luck in Rome

Epigone
May 9th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Jelena Jankovic (SCG) d. Dally Randriantefy (MAD) 67(3) 62 61

However, Bepa won't be playing singles or doubles on Tuesday, which is good for me :p

No fear :cool:

goldenlox
May 10th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Vera is fortunate to get an extra day. Lena L. didn't have a bye.
But Jankovic will be very tough, and Jelena is probably very happy with this draw.

Epigone
May 10th, 2005, 02:41 PM
But Jankovic will be very tough, and Jelena is probably very happy with this draw.She lost the 1st set of her 1st round match after leading 5-0...

goldenlox
May 10th, 2005, 03:44 PM
I think everyone on the tour wants to be in Vera's section of the draw nowadays.
The only way to change that is for Vera to start winning matches.

Epigone
May 10th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Pallacorda (from 13.00hrs)
1. Dementieva vs. Dulko
2. Castano vs. Camerin
3. Zvonareva vs. Jankovic
4. Groenefeld vs. Schnyder
5. Errani/Gabba vs. Kirilenko/Medina Garrigues (NB 21.00hrs)

Epigone
May 11th, 2005, 02:44 AM
Bepa's official website is finally online :woohoo:

http://www.verazvonareva.net :dance:

Things still need to be added, but there will be a tournament preview and stuff like that before the French Open

Daniel
May 11th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Thansk for thelink Epigone :kiss: :hug:

Go VEra, dont lose to Jankovic :bigclap: :bounce:

Clai
May 11th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Go Vera!

Epigone
May 11th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Bepa is being given vBetting odds of 1.84/1 at the moment, and there is this (http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=165943) thread in the GM forum.

Is the situation so bad that people expect her to get whipped? :shrug::sad:

As long as Bepa isn't thinking like that, I think that she is going to surprise a lot of people today :cool:

Dementinator
May 11th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Captain Dementinator here calling from the bridge of the SS Dementieva!

Dont despair folks!! just remember (if i am not mistaken) the last match Capriati played!
where Vera gave her ass a whupping!

Those days will come again ,tennis is a cruel sport full of ups and downs ,so just focus on the next match ,not the last one ,thats history ,today is a new day!

Ignore threads in GM ,they are usualy not worth reading most of the time..

Well I must go get the SS ready for battle against Dulko now!! lets hope we dont balls this one up!!!

Epigone
May 11th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Captain Dementinator here calling from the bridge of the SS Dementieva!

Dont despair folks!! just remember (if i am not mistaken) the last match Capriati played!
where Vera gave her ass a whupping!

Those days will come again ,tennis is a cruel sport full of ups and downs ,so just focus on the next match ,not the last one ,thats history ,today is a new day!

Ignore threads in GM ,they are usualy not worth reading most of the time..

Well I must go get the SS ready for battle against Dulko now!! lets hope we dont balls this one up!!!Thanks for the support :wavey:, and good luck to Lena :)

Talk of Philadelphia 2004 brings up an interesting point. Bepa was really under pressure there as she attempted to make the YEC, and had to save a MP against Sybille Bammer in the first round. She defeated Dechy in the second round, but it was a tough three setter. However, in the next round, she destroyed Capriati :shrug:. She was struggling, and then BANG!, she turned in a devastating performance.

Bepa is like that. She can't be explained. That's why I'm not :scared: about this match. If Bepa turns up to play, then who knows what she is capable of doing. On the other hand, if she gets unhappy with the balls and kicks Lex out of the stands (which I highly doubt will happen), then who knows what the result might be...:o

Mathijs
May 11th, 2005, 10:49 AM
well there's another one to support Vera and that's me, I really hope Vera will have some great wins here, and that she doesn't lose in the 1th round again :sad: as Capt said (who's a good friend of mine ;)) don't despair, i am sure Vera will get it right on track again, so i hope on all the best for Bepa in Rome this week :)

Davai & Udachi Bepa :hug: :kiss:

Shoulderpova
May 11th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Bepa will be fine :hug: :smooch:
Davai Bepochka :bigclap: :bigclap:

daniela86
May 11th, 2005, 01:29 PM
She lost the 1st set of her 1st round match after leading 5-0...
Jankovic often loses concentration and plays unsteady during a same match but she is fighter and Bepa must be focused throughout the whole match to take advantadge of Jelena's unconsistancy and if she leads, she musn't choke because JJ is the most dangerous when she is led.
Good luck Bepa :bigclap: :bigclap: I bet some dollars on JJ to jinx her :D
Btw, it's cool to see the Captain Dementinator and Northa (i hope i'm also your good friend :angel: ) here :cool: :cool: Bepa would probably be glad to see that they are more and more people who supports her :) :)

Shoulderpova
May 11th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I bet some dollars on JJ to jinx her :D

:worship: :angel: :kiss: :cool: :) ;) :bounce:

Shoulderpova
May 11th, 2005, 02:04 PM
some minutes to go :scared: :scared:

Epigone
May 11th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Bepa's name is now on the scoreboard :D

Focus, and win! :cool:

Udachi!

Mathijs
May 11th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Jankovic often loses concentration and plays unsteady during a same match but she is fighter and Bepa must be focused throughout the whole match to take advantadge of Jelena's unconsistancy and if she leads, she musn't choke because JJ is the most dangerous when she is led.
Good luck Bepa :bigclap: :bigclap: I bet some dollars on JJ to jinx her :D
Btw, it's cool to see the Captain Dementinator and Northa (i hope i'm also your good friend :angel: ) here :cool: :cool: Bepa would probably be glad to see that they are more and more people who supports her :) :)

course you are my good friend Daniela :angel: :hug: :kiss: :)

C'mon Bepa, i wanna see you win agai :D

Epigone
May 11th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Bepa with SPx2 at *5-1, and it went to deuce, and she served a DF on BP :o

Focus!!! Don't let it get to you!!! Davai!!!

Epigone
May 11th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Bepa had to break Jankovic to take the 1st set 6-4 :bounce:

She fought hard in that last game :worship:

goldenlox
May 11th, 2005, 03:14 PM
That was huge, not blowing that big lead.
Vera means business today.

Dan23
May 11th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Well done Vera :D
Big confidence boost to take the st set..

Epigone
May 11th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Bepa saved BPx2 in her opening service game of the 2nd set, then broke, and then held to love :drive:

She has to believe that she can win this match!!!

Davai!!!

Epigone
May 11th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Bepa won 6-4 6-1 :yippee: :bigclap: :worship: :cool: :bowdown: :dance: :woohoo:

I don't know what to say. I'm just so happy for her :crying2:

She didn't fold when she threw away the set points in the 1st set, and then she served out the match on her first attempt, with an ace at *40-15:worship:

I have always believed in her, and now hopefully she believes in herself a little more :hug:

goldenlox
May 11th, 2005, 03:56 PM
This is the right time for Vera to find her form. She's actually a contender at RG, as crazy as that might have sounded yesterday.

Clai
May 11th, 2005, 03:56 PM
It's great to see Vera finally winning again. :worship: :bounce:

Dan23
May 11th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Great win under a bit of pressure Vera :D
Yeah it sure is a great time to find some form..:yeah:

Shoulderpova
May 11th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Bepa won 6-4 6-1 :yippee: :bigclap: :worship: :cool: :bowdown: :dance: :woohoo:

I don't know what to say. I'm just so happy for her :crying2:

She didn't fold when she threw away the set points in the 1st set, and then she served out the match on her first attempt, with an ace at *40-15:worship:

I have always believed in her, and now hopefully she believes in herself a little more :hug:
Congats Bepa, congrats Epigone. It's about time for Bepa to get out of that damn slump :worship:
I'm very happy now :woohoo: :woohoo:

KV
May 11th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Great to see Bepa winning again. :D :bounce:

KitchenMonkey
May 11th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Eurosport said that Vera is no longer coached by Lex - anyone know why?

cool_olga
May 11th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Eurosport said that Vera is no longer coached by Lex - anyone know why?

Well I saw them in Warsaw, he was there and they looked okay with themselves.

goldenlox
May 11th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Well I saw them in Warsaw, he was there and they looked okay with themselves.The reports I read were that Vera was very angry during her recent matches.

Epigone
May 11th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Congats Bepa, congrats Epigone. It's about time for Bepa to get out of that damn slump :worship:
I'm very happy now :woohoo: :woohoo::lol: thanks :yeah:

I've been waiting since Memphis for a big win, so I'm pretty happy :)

goldenlox
May 11th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Always nice to see the trolls congratulating each other when a player wins :lol:
Vera plays Castano. Good draw. Now keep a high level of focus.

deep bass
May 11th, 2005, 04:51 PM
She played well.
She won.
I missed it! Aaarrrrggghhhhhhh! Satelite system went on the blink and I had to get it fixed. Saw her serve out the final game, that's all. What a relief though. Onwards and upwards.

Epigone
May 11th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Always nice to see the trolls congratulating each other when a player wins :lol: :scratch:

Vera plays Castano. Good draw. Now keep a high level of focus.Castano came through qualifying, and beat Camerin 6-2 6-2 in her 2nd round match.

Clay is her best surface, but she beat Patty and took Venus to 3 sets in Miami, so she shouldn't be underestimated.

goldenlox
May 11th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Vera shouldn't underestimate anyone. She has very few Tier I wins this year.
Each match here, and in Paris, should be a very big deal to Vera.

Epigone
May 11th, 2005, 05:03 PM
I think that she started the match against Jankovic quite positively.

She broke in the opening game, but was then broken straight back. Instead of going to pieces, she won the next 4 games.

That's the type of focus I like to see. I'll :tape: about what happened after that, but then she lifted when she needed to do so.

She should go into this next match with a very positive mindset, and good things will happen again :)

goldenlox
May 11th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Vera cannot look past this match. She won't get to Serena unless she beats Castano.
I want Vera to find that level she had against Serena in L.A.
But first beat Castano.

pav
May 11th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Wow, just missed live scoreboard! http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_8_2v.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) again,http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_1_20.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_1_209.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_1_112.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) great win for Bepa,I promise not to swear at a single animal today!(Humans are a different story)might go visit the 'How much is Bepa going to lose by thread'great to see Her get a singles win under Her belt http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_1_21.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) http://smileys.******************/cat/16/16_3_158.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)

_LuCaS_
May 11th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Good job Bepa, end this slump now when it matters most...right before the French

Foot's Fingers
May 11th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Vera!!!

The best win of the year!!!

GO ZVONA!!!

daniela86
May 11th, 2005, 06:00 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: = tears of joy :D :D i'm sooooooooo happy Bepa won again, it will shut all the haters' mouths :D :D She really impresses me, i thought she would have chances to win but i never thought she would win in 2 sets :D :D Jankovic tried to come back in the first set like she always do but Bepa was strongh enough to hold and take the 1st set :D :D :cool: Well done Bepa :cool: I definitly think her win in doubles at Berlin gave her confidence :D This great win on Jankovic should give her even more confidence and i believe her slump will end and that she will have a better RG than last year :D :cool: :) :bounce: :bowdown: Davai Bepa, i'm so proud of her and i can say that i love her more than ever now :D
Castano can be tricky, she had some good results this year (she beat Schnyder at Miami :eek: ) and she is a clay specialist but if Bepa keeps on playing like today, she should win in 2 sets :D :D Udachi Bepa! :bigclap: :bigclap: :cool: :cool:

Mathijs
May 11th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Nice to see you win Bepa :smooch: :hug: Hope you'll can get your old form now

Udachi Bepa :bounce:

pav
May 11th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Always nice to see the trolls congratulating each other when a player wins :lol:
Vera plays Castano. Good draw. Now keep a high level of focus.

:lol: Those 'Trolls' will be after You now http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_6_200v.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)

goldenlox
May 11th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Vera plays the first match match on Court 1. Doubles later on.

Derek.
May 11th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Bepa :D :yeah: Well done. :woohoo:

Epigone
May 11th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Pallacorda (from 13.00hrs)
1. Zvonareva vs. Castano
2. Dulko vs. Linetskaya
3. Bovina vs. Suarez
4. Petrova vs. Martinez
5. Camerin/Garbin vs. Russell/Santangelo (NB 21.00hrs)

Court 6 (from 14.00hrs)
1. Jidkova/Perebiynis vs. Black/Huber
2. Lee/Peng vs. Likhovtseva/Zvonareva

Epigone
May 11th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Wow, now that Serena has been knocked out of her quarter, Bepa has Castano, and the winner of Sugiyama vs Schiavone standing between her and the SF :eek:

Bepa, we believe in you, so please believe in yourself :hug:

Please make at least the SF here, and then peak in the second week in Paris :worship:

martirogi
May 12th, 2005, 12:13 AM
bepa is gonna make the semis :crazy: :crazy: :banana:

i know it :D

Foot's Fingers
May 12th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Draw open for you Vera!!!

rrfnpump
May 12th, 2005, 09:23 AM
:yeah:

She played really good ;) At first I could not believe it when she was up 6-4 4-1*....
Great last service game!! Castano is dangerous, but Vera should win! Draw is open till semifinals!

Udachi :bounce:

Clai
May 12th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Good luck Vera! I hope you'll beat Castaņo.

Epigone
May 12th, 2005, 10:41 AM
With regards to Bepa's coaching situation...
if you check the Match Notes section on wtatour.com, under the notes for Warsaw and Rome, it says "currently not working with anyone"

Now, Lex was working with her in at least Warsaw and Berlin, so I'm a little :confused:

Anyway, I'm going to keep digging :D

Epigone
May 12th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Once again, Bepa served for the 1st set at 5-1, but she nailed it to love this time :cool:

Bepa 6-1

Don't lose focus! Davai!!!

Epigone
May 12th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Bepa lost the 2nd set 5-7 :sad:

I think the turning point was at *2-1, when she was broken after having 5 game points :help:. Her game kinda went off a little after that :sad:. She also missed a BP that would have put her ahead towards the end of the set.

Still, I know she will fight back and win in three

Davai!!! :bounce:

Foot's Fingers
May 12th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Vera beat Cata !!! 61 57 62

Good win after losing second set

Epigone
May 12th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Bepa won 6-1 5-7 6-2 :bounce: :clap2: :bowdown: :worship: :bigclap: :yippee: :woohoo:

That 2nd set was tough to sit through, but it was a character builder for Bepa. Hopefully this will give her confidence if she find herself a set down in upcoming matches. Now she knows that she can fight back :yeah:

It's also good that she had to serve for the match, as this as caused her some trouble in the past. This slump will make her a better player.

Foot's Fingers
May 12th, 2005, 01:31 PM
It's so nice to see that Vera hasn't melt after losing second set

Foot's Fingers
May 12th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Vera!!!

now we waiting for yr next win!!!

Foot's Fingers
May 12th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Time to rest and enjoy doubles play with Lena L

Foot's Fingers
May 12th, 2005, 01:34 PM
so many my posts

It's cos of i'm really in good mood cos of you VERA!!

Epigone
May 12th, 2005, 01:37 PM
It's so nice to see that Vera hasn't melt after losing second setExactly :yeah:

She is fighting, and that's a great sign. Hopefully she will strengthen the mental aspect of her game, and then her overall game willl elevate to the next level.

I want a tear-free Bepa!!! :D

Shoulderpova
May 12th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Bepa :woohoo: :woohoo: :bowdown: :bowdown: :worship: :worship: :yippee: :yippee:
I was so scared when Bepa lost the second set after leading 30-0 on serve. I was wating for the tb to come :sad:
I expected a total meltdown from Bepa in the final set :o :tape: but thanks gods she still figting and fighting :bowdown: :D :)
Bepa's serve is actually on today :cool: Keep it up babe :hug: :smooch: and win more matches :hug: :kiss: :worship:
I'm so happy now :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Dan23
May 12th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Well done again Vera :clap2: :D

Clai
May 12th, 2005, 01:51 PM
It's great to see that Vera was able to stave off a meltdown after the second set. Great win Vera!

goldenlox
May 12th, 2005, 02:06 PM
This draw opened up the way Nadia's draw opened up in Berlin.
Just stay focused, and don't get down on yourself.
It's time to start piling up points.

rrfnpump
May 12th, 2005, 02:12 PM
well done Vera :kiss:

I was a bit scared in the 2nd set, but she pulled it out :yeah:

Next up Sugiyama or Schiavone! Definitely tough, but Vera is capable of beating them!

_LuCaS_
May 12th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Steady now Bepa :)

deep bass
May 12th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Good comeback but she nearly sabotaged herself again. She was hitting herself with the racket again as well.

BTW, the commentator on Eurosport was as baffled as anyone else at Lex being there.

goldenlox
May 12th, 2005, 02:53 PM
BTW, the commentator on Eurosport was as baffled as anyone else at Lex being there.Who says Vera fired him?

Epigone
May 12th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Good comeback but she nearly sabotaged herself again. She was hitting herself with the racket again as well.She has to stop doing that! :banghead:

BTW, the commentator on Eurosport was as baffled as anyone else at Lex being there.Maybe he isn't calling himself her coach at the moment? :shrug:

Like Ola said, they were hanging out together off court in Warsaw, so it's strange.

Let's see what happens...

goldenlox
May 12th, 2005, 02:59 PM
If Vera fired Lex, he wouldn't be at this match.

Epigone
May 12th, 2005, 03:09 PM
If Vera fired Lex, he wouldn't be at this match.I'm not sure. There was an interview where he explained the arrangement that they have. They don't have a contract.

This is all very mysterious :bounce:

Epigone
May 12th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Bepa and Lena took the 1st set 6-2 :dance:

KV
May 12th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Good first and final set. At least Bepa won the first and final set with convincing scoreline.

daniela86
May 12th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Congratulations Bepa :woohoo: :yeah: :clap2: :clap2: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bowdown: :bowdown: Castano fought hard but Vera was solid enough to rise her level at the best moment to beat her in last set.She showed a strong mental and IMO, she is definitly back :D

This slump will make her a better player.
I agree 100%! :D :D Her mental will be stronger and stronger and i think she will enjoy even more her wins.:D

Good luck in doubles now! :smooch: Make a good entrance in the tournament :D :yippee: :yippee: s far QF are concerned, i would prefer to see Bepa facing Francesca Schiavone, Bepa already defeated her and i think she is an easier opponent even if she plays in front of her public :)

daniela86
May 12th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Bepa and Lena took the 1st set 6-2 :dance:
So cool :cool: :cool: Keep up :yippee: :yippee: :aparty:

Epigone
May 12th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Bepa will face Schiavone in the QF, after she defeated Sugiyama 6-3 7-5. I would have preferred a matchup with Ai, but Bepa can beat Frannie like she did last year :cool:

goldenlox
May 12th, 2005, 04:29 PM
I would have preferred that match to go 3 sets.
Vera has to be focused tomorrow. And ignore the crowd.

Epigone
May 12th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Bepa and Lena won their doubles match (on MP#5 :o) 6-2 7-5 :yippee: :bowdown: :woohoo:

goldenlox
May 12th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Maybe this is a YEC team. I wonder if they'll play RG together.

Shoulderpova
May 12th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Bepa/Lena :hug: :smooch:

Epigone
May 12th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Did anyone notice this (http://www.telecomitaliamasters.it/images/bott_players_l.jpg) on the Rome tournament website :p?

Epigone
May 12th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Maybe this is a YEC team. I wonder if they'll play RG together.They are currently #19 in the Race, with 337 points from one tournament, while Bepa and Nastya are #11 in the Race with 422 points from three tournaments. Then again, Lena and Husarova are #15 in the Race with 388 points from two tournaments, so :shrug:

BTW, after winning Berlin, Bepa has moved up to a career-high #14 in doubles :cool: :yippee:

goldenlox
May 12th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Lena won a Tier I in Tokyo with Janette. And a Tier III with Maggie.
I think Vera and Lena can be a YEC team. I saw them play in San Diego, when Vera was exhausted.
And they almost beat Suarez/RP.

goldenlox
May 12th, 2005, 05:26 PM
If Vera beats Schiavone, she defends her points from last year.
This is the best time all year to get on a roll.
RG coming, and people don't realize how well Vera can play on grass.
I expect Vera to at least hold her seeding at both of these majors.

Epigone
May 12th, 2005, 05:35 PM
I'm not even thinking about grass at the moment.

For the time being, all that I care about is a repeat of this result from Rome last year:
QF Zvonareva d. Schiavone 6-3 6-3 :cool:

goldenlox
May 12th, 2005, 05:38 PM
This match will be mental. The crowd will be loud, and Vera has to not give them something to scream about.

daniela86
May 12th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Congrats Vera and Lena for the doubles :D :bowdown: :bowdown: Perfect and solid match of you, you simply rock :rocker: :rocker: and i definitly think that they can be a YEC team without problem :D ,I hope with all my heart that they will play together at RG. They can win this Grand Slam since Molik/kuzzie are not playing and ruano/Suarez are not as good as before :cool: Udachi bepa tomorrow, kick everybody's ass in doubles and in single :cool: :bowdown: :bigclap: I think she can do it :D :yeah:

pav
May 12th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Dragged My lazy unworthy ass out of bed, scrolled through and so http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_1_1.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) I almost http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_1_4.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) Now I have to face charges of Desertion,cowardice,and abandoning My Fav.Player in the heat of battle http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_1_25.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) http://smileys.******************/cat/14/14_6_5.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)

Epigone
May 13th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Friday, May 13, 2005

Campo Centrale (from 13.00hrs)
1. Martinez vs. Mauresmo
2. Zvonareva vs. Schiavone
3. Sharapova vs. Bovina
4. Linetskaya vs. Schnyder (NB 20.30hrs)

Pallacorda (from 14.00hrs)
1. Kirilenko/Medina Garrigues vs. Hantuchova/Sugiyama
2. Groenefeld/Shaughnessy vs. Dechy/Martinez
3. Dulko/Vento-Kabchi vs. Likhovtseva/Zvonareva
4. Russell/Santangelo vs. Black/Huber (NB 21.00hrs)

Clai
May 13th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Cool, Vera and Lena won yesterday. Good luck on your match against Schiavone today plus the doubles match too.

Go Vera!

Shoulderpova
May 13th, 2005, 06:06 AM
60$ on Schiavone to jinx her :devil:
Let's go Bepa and Bepa/Lena :bounce: :smooch:

Spunky83
May 13th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Pics Iīve taken last week in Berlin doubles - more on:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y62/Tennispics/2005%20QATAR%20TOTAL%20German%20Open%20Berlin%20-%20Vera%20-%20Elena/?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Tennispics/2005%20QATAR%20TOTAL%20German%20Open%20Berlin%20-%20Vera%20-%20Elena/8.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Tennispics/2005%20QATAR%20TOTAL%20German%20Open%20Berlin%20-%20Vera%20-%20Elena/13.jpg

pav
May 13th, 2005, 11:20 AM
I was just looking at those on the Elena L. party ,great lot of pics! love Bepa's pants! thanks for the pics:)

Spunky83
May 13th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Actually there was a pretty funny occasion during one of their double matches when Elena accidently just slipped when waiting for the serve of the opponent, she was at the net. She fell in a weird way on her back (I still donīt know how that happened) and the clay was all over her back. She was ok though. Vera approached her and was practically laughing her ass off along with the crowd. Elena went to the bench and tried to clean the dirt away with a towel but couldnīt reach her back, so Vera, still laughing hard, took another towel and cleaned her partnerīs back (and butt) and Elena had such a red face, she seemed really embaressed :lol: ...I wished I had taken a pic of that!

Epigone
May 13th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Spunky, thanks for the nice pics :yeah:

According to vBetting, Bepa is actually a slight favourite at 9/10 :)

DEETHELICK
May 13th, 2005, 12:35 PM
I haven't posted here for a while, but its great to see Vera string some back to back wins. I hope she continues this streak and gets in form for RG.

A Maria vs Vera final on clay is very enticing, but I'm cheering for Bovina to win.

Good luck girly :)

Epigone
May 13th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Bepa took the 1st set 7-5, but her stats weren't so good :o

She got 52% of 1st serves in, and was broken 3 times :help:

Still, she was able to fight off break points, and broke when she had to :yeah:

Focus, and win this match in 2!!!

Epigone
May 13th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Bepa won 7-5 7-6(4) :yippee: :bowdown: :bigclap: :bounce: :clap2: :woohoo:

She managed to win, despite getting in just 48% of serves in the 2nd set ( she also had six double faults in the 2nd :o)

Well done!!! :hug:

goldenlox
May 13th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Vera defended her points. Now comes a tough match against Mauresmo.
Get revenge for Montreal.

Shoulderpova
May 13th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Bepa :woohoo: :woohoo: :yippee: :yippee: :bowdown: :worship:
OMG OMG another good win. She fought hard to have it :bowdown: :bowdown:
:bigcry: :bigcry: tears of happiness
Thanks Gods Bepa has found her form finally :worship: :worship:

Clai
May 13th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Great win Vera! It's great that she's exhibiting more composure (based on the tight score) now. Good luck on your doubles match!

TheBoiledEgg
May 13th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Vera, :yeah: :) :D
another good win, keeps up her 100% record vs banshee.

one win makes alot of diff, Vera showing heart now.
with heart, comes wins, wins = confidence.

Epigone
May 13th, 2005, 02:53 PM
From eurosport.com:15:07 Amazing! Zvonareva gets so frustrated with herself for making mistakes she's almost crying

15:02 http://www.eurosport.com/imgbk/tennis/all/md-i183182.gif Schiavone breaks back while Zvonareva lost concentration with a bad callShe was broken at 2-0 in the 1st after losing concentration over a linecall, and then look what happened :o

That's the problem in a nutshell :help:

pav
May 13th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Great fighting from Bepa(and from Franny) they really ground that one out. http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_1_209.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) Hey I'm still up http://smileys.******************/cat/7/7_11_4.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) http://smileys.******************/cat/16/16_3_158.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)

DEETHELICK
May 13th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I knew she could do it. Francesca is a tough cookie, however the Russians do have a great record against her. First Elena D, now Vera. Its awesome :)

I like Amelie too, however to spice up the contenders for RG, I want Vera to take it to the final :)

Epigone
May 13th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Great fighting from Bepa(and from Franny) they really ground that one out. http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_1_209.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) Hey I'm still up http://smileys.******************/cat/7/7_11_4.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ) http://smileys.******************/cat/16/16_3_158.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYNZ)Will you stay up for the doubles match?

If you don't, I'm going to call you Sahara because you're a desert-er :p

KV
May 13th, 2005, 03:26 PM
She's back where she belongs, great win. :D

daniela86
May 13th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Spunky :yeah: @ you for the pics :) I like them and Vera's pants are indeed :hearts: She looks good :D and happy:D
Deethelick,welcome back :) and :yeah: @ Five for his 60$ on Frannie! This jinx thing worked 2 days in a row :bigclap: :cool:

Congrats Vera for the extremly fantastic win :woohoo: I'm sooooooo happy :yippee: :yippee: This women is on fire now :D :D :worship: :yippee: :bowdown: :bowdown: and she finally showed how good she can be on clay :) Who would have said that 1.5 week ago? :p
Now, good luck against Mauresmo, Bepa, you have nothing to lose since you have already done a great tournament so go, put pressure on her,be agressive and kick her ass:yippee: We believe in you!!
I hope to see a Masha-Bepa final on Sunday, i would be so delighted to see a match between my 2 big faves! :cool: :bigclap:

Shoulderpova
May 13th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Bepa :inlove: :hearts: :drool:
http://www.telecomitaliamasters.it/public/pop_ART_zvonareva12_05.jpg

Epigone
May 13th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Francesca Schiavone pushed herself to the nervous limit on Friday against her Russian opponent Vera Zvonareva, but it was not enough.

link (http://www.telecomitaliamasters.it/pop_news.asp?IDNews=92)

To the great disappointment of the home crowd, Zvonareva won 75 76. She will play Amelie Mauresmo tomorrow in the Rome Tennis Masters semi-finals.

Both women struggled to hold serve, mostly unsuccessfully, for a set and three games under a scorching Roman sun. Schiavone, clearly fired up after two wins against seeded players, served aggressively but suffered from early on due to wayward groundstrokes.

With the score 5-5 the Italian, unseeded, made a couple of unforced errors, losing herself the set.

In the second Zvonareva continued to send down heavy grounstrokes. She is not the nimblest of players on court, but when she got her weight behind the ball she used her racket like a club, powering shots down the lines with little topspin, particularly on the backhand side. Schiavone on the other hand whipped the ball high and scored a number of points with the dropshot.

From the fourth game both players began to hold their serves. Zvonareva seemed mentally uncomfortable and mumbled to herself constantly, while Schiavone tried to will herself on with the help of the partisan crowd.

At 5-5 Schiavone complained to the umpire. Before the match she criticised the stalling tactics she said Russian players often used. "They drive me mad," she said.

Her aggression and drive were impressive but again in the second set tie-break she made a couple of key mistakes, which at this level is the difference between winning and losing a match.

Zvonareva is the number six seed in Rome. "Russian girls are tough," she said after the match.

:rolls:

goldenlox
May 13th, 2005, 04:37 PM
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/050513/3/4f2q.html

Epigone
May 13th, 2005, 04:50 PM
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/050513/3/4f2q.htmlThanks for the link :yeah:

It's nice that Bepa was actually quoted for once :angel:

"It's always good to earn a chance to turn things around," said Zvonareva, who lost to Frenchwoman Mauresmo in the Rome semi-finals 12 months ago. "We usually have tough matches -- we've been to three sets a couple of times. I'll have to give it my best."Do your best! :worship:

goldenlox
May 13th, 2005, 04:53 PM
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/050513/5/4f34.html

Epigone
May 13th, 2005, 05:01 PM
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/050513/5/4f34.htmlGL produces the goods once again :yeah:

This match will be mental. The crowd will be loud, and Vera has to not give them something to scream about.GL, I can tell that Bepa reads your posts :p

Zvonareva, who lost to Mauresmo in last year's semi-final here, questioned many line calls and applauded ironically when Schiavone hit several winners, making her extremely unpopular with the home crowd. :tape: :lol:

"It's tough, you know because she had so many people supporting her and in the beginning it hurt me," said the 20-year-old Zvonareva.

"With the lines, I felt a lot of my balls were going in and the crowd were shouting 'out', 'out', 'out' and I got a little frustrated."

Epigone
May 13th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Here (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5438695&postcount=21) is an observation from Spunky...
omg, I laughed so hard when she just sat on the court at the baseline and then lay down for a while just because of a mishitDidn't we have a discussion about Bepa getting red clay on her clothes? :tape:

Spunky83
May 13th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Here (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=5438695&postcount=21) is an observation from Spunky...
Didn't we have a discussion about Bepa getting red clay on her clothes? :tape:

:lol: THAT WAS AWESOME!!! :lol:

Seriously, that girl is just incredible...and that " (vera) applauded ironically when Schiavone hit several winners, making her extremely unpopular with the home crowd." - that was awesome too :worship:

Anyway...Schiavone was also complaining to the ump about her when Vera delayed Schiavoneīs serving motion as apparently there were people walking in the stands behind the Italian. It was a tactical thing to do, cause Vera was two points away from winning the match.

Same thing also happened in the doubles final in Berlin, when their opponent was ready to serve and Vera made some weird motions at the front of the net, making Huber or Black (i donīt remember) stop the serving motion in the middle. Then the opponents complaint to the umpire about Veraīs behaviour...Vera actually just smiled at the umpire and acted like she didnīt do anything. After the discussion was over, Vera turned her back on the two players and the umpire and looked at Elena and you could see a huge mean smile on her face, laughing a bit...I really like Vera but sometimes sheīs just crazy!!! :lol:

goldenlox
May 13th, 2005, 05:34 PM
GL, I can tell that Bepa reads your posts :pVera has to not only read me, but do what I say :D
To beat Mauresmo, Vera has to be very focused. And keep that focus.
I don't care about the between-the-points antics.
But Vera has to compete for every point, and forget what happened on the previous point.

Epigone
May 13th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Bepa/Lena lost the 1st set 3-6

They had no BP opportunities in the set, so they need to apply more pressure

KV
May 13th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Tomorrow follows A. Mauresmo. No idea who to pick. In H2H's adv. Momo, but Vera did pick up and who knows she can play her best match.

Epigone
May 13th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Bepa and Lena took the 2nd set 6-4, after being down 1-3* :bounce:

Let's hope they close it out in the third :cool:

Foot's Fingers
May 13th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Vera/Lena won the second 6- 4

But my previous very emotional post have not seen ... it's dissapier :bigcry:

Foot's Fingers
May 13th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Anyway, it was so amazing to see Vera's smile, when Fran shot a winner

Just snile, Vera, just smile )))))))

rrfnpump
May 13th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Wonderful win, Vera :hearts:

Good luck against Mauresmo! Please beat her for the first time!!!

Epigone
May 13th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Bepa and Lena won 3-6 6-4 6-2 in a great fighting performance :bounce: :clap2: :yippee: :dance: :bigclap: :woohoo:

They had real trouble in the 1st set, but they played well in the 2nd, and even better in the 3rd. However, it took them 5 BP chances to break at 4-2* in the 3rd :o

The match took about two hours, so hopefully Bepa isn't too tired for tomorrow :)

Foot's Fingers
May 13th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Congrats Vera with doubles win as well

Now pls rest and be ready for tomorrow

goldenlox
May 13th, 2005, 07:14 PM
This is a big match tomorrow. Mauresmo means a lot of quality points.
Winning this will mean Vera is ready for a big RG.