PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2004, 04:37 PM
I was a brilliant English student when I was at school, and I deem your questions to be soft.
:)I like to learn psychology, and I deem your mind to be soft:D
And mushy:lol:

Ask Vera if she would prefer for me to interview her:angel:

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 05:04 PM
I like to learn psychology, and I deem your mind to be soft:D
And mushy:lol:My mind is razor sharp. If you aren't careful, it will cut you to ribbons :devil:

Ask Vera if she would prefer for me to interview her:angel:How would you manage that?

I will be going to Sydney to cheer for Bepa, while you will be shopping for clothes that go with your pink iPod mini :o

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2004, 05:10 PM
My mind is razor sharp. If you aren't careful, it will cut you to ribbons :devil:
:oI think your razor needs a new blade:lol:

pav
Dec 16th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Quote- She didn't leap up into the stands and hit Yuri when he laughed at her, so she can tolerate quite a lot.

Which match was it that bad Yuri laughed at Bepa? :fiery:
I suppose She does encougage a bit of that when She throws one of Her 'Donald Duck' tantrums!
I think She might have a whole different outlook on many things after Sydney!

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Which match was it that bad Yuri laughed at Bepa? :fiery:From what I understand, he laughed when she took a tumble in the YEC match against Maria
I think She might have a whole different outlook on many things after Sydney!:scared:

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2004, 05:22 PM
She didn't leap up into the stands and hit Yuri when he laughed at her, so she can tolerate quite a lot.

Which match was it that bad Yuri laughed at Bepa? :fiery:
Lex has to defend Vera's honor:boxing:

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Bepa is a well read young woman, and she deserves to be asked questions that require her to think. You only get out of an interview what you are willing to put in, and I'm willing to ask interesting questions :)
Vera, bring water balloons, and throw them at him:D

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Vera, bring water balloons, and throw them at him:D:eek: GL, stop encouraging this type of behaviour!

But if it will bring a smile to her face, then she can fire away :angel:

However, I'd rather that Bepa be smiling because she won a title in Sydney

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I would prefer she wins in Melbourne. Sydney will be forgotten as soon as it's over.

Ask Vera what she does in her free time. The players are in hotel rooms a lot.

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 06:01 PM
I would prefer she wins in Melbourne. Sydney will be forgotten as soon as it's over.I was referring to her smiling because she pelted me with water balloons :p

Of course I want her to win in Melbourne!

Ask Vera what she does in her free time. The players are in hotel rooms a lot.:banghead: Didn't you post this question a few weeks back?

I don't want a regression in the quality of your questions. (GL and quality questions = oxymoron? :shrug: ) ;)

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2004, 06:08 PM
I don't want a regression in the quality of your questions. :shrug: ;)If I ask it, then the question's a great one:D

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 06:32 PM
I've just booked my plane ticket to Sydney :dance:

Bepa will now have some crowd support :clap2:

Her opponents had better be worried about the prospect of facing Bepa, and then having to contend with SuperBepa's SuperFan in the stands :scared:

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2004, 06:37 PM
I've just booked my plane ticket to Sydney :dance:

Bepa will now have some crowd support :clap2:

:scared:I'll bet Vera's excited to find this out:zzz:

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 06:44 PM
I'll bet Vera's excited to find this out:zzz:At the Bepa vs Lindsay match last year, there was only me and some shirtless guy cheering for Bepa, while virtually everyone else was cheering for Lindsay.

I have no doubt that Bepa would have been able to hear what I was yelling to her, as my support for her couldn't be drowned out by hundreds of Davenport fans :D

That kind of encouragement can lift a player, and it might count for something during a crucial period of the match.

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Vera could use you in the friends box when she plays Maria.
You can be like Maria's dad, and scream like a drunk at a football game:D

t_fan
Dec 16th, 2004, 09:34 PM
I don't have interpersonal skills :sad:
My body language is usually very defensive, which is quite off putting to a lot of people. If she is happy, I think I'll be comfortable, and then I'll relax :cool:
I hope so :)
Everyone in human society has interpersonal skills. You're not Mowgli are you? :)
You seem to be a bit low on self-esteem ;) Come on, where's your 'can do' attitude? The hope alone doesn't make things happen! We want a quality interview of Bepa! :bounce:

deep bass
Dec 16th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Epi and GL, it's so cute the way you two pretend not to be crazy about each other.

Ahem.

Epigone
Dec 17th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Everyone in human society has interpersonal skills. You're not Mowgli are you? :) No, I'm not that bad :lol:

You seem to be a bit low on self-esteem ;)That's very true :sad:

Come on, where's your 'can do' attitude?goldenlox took it away from me :crying2:

The hope alone doesn't make things happen! We want a quality interview of Bepa! :bounce:If I get an interview, it will be top quality. I'm often able to draw on hidden reserves when I need them.

In other words, a different Epigone appears when the pressure is on! :cool:

Daniel
Dec 17th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Epigone :smooch: :D

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2004, 02:05 PM
If I get an interview, it will be top quality. I'm often able to draw on hidden reserves when I need them.

In other words, a different Epigone appears when the pressure is on! :cool:I hope so.

Epigone
Dec 17th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Epigone :smooch: :DDaniel :hug:

I hope so.You doubt my abilities?

I really wish Bepa was playing the Gold Coast.

It's much more relaxing there, and she would have been seeded #1 :sad:

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2004, 02:25 PM
I doubt that Vera will agree to this interview.

Epigone
Dec 17th, 2004, 02:32 PM
I doubt that Vera will agree to this interview.Why is that? She isn't exactly the most popular player around.

Look at IW this year...

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Why is that? She isn't exactly the most popular player around....Vera is a YEC player. She has a lot to concern herself with at a tournament.
And she had plenty of fans when she played Nastya in San Diego.
Both players had the crowd on their feet, giving a standing ovation.

Epigone
Dec 17th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Vera is a YEC player. She has a lot to concern herself with at a tournament.
And she had plenty of fans when she played Nastya in San Diego.
Both players had the crowd on their feet, giving a standing ovation.Australians don't know who she is, as they don't show WTA Tour matches here.

This year, nobody was anywhere near her in Sydney. Since she didn't win a Slam this year, she still has a low profile.
Lindsay, Justine, Elena, Nastya, Jennifer, and Alicia will draw the crowds, and that's only the women.

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Vera has a busy schedule during a tournament. And she needs to be focused.
But I would like her to answer some of my questions:wavey:

Epigone
Dec 17th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Vera has a busy schedule during a tournament. And she needs to be focused.The Kremlin Cup was her busiest tournament this year, and she had time to do media spots. Sydney is quite different, and besides that, players put aside time for things like this.
But I would like her to answer some of my questions:wavey:If she has a busy schedule, she doesn't deserve to be subjected to your questions :p

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2004, 03:06 PM
If she has a busy schedule, she doesn't deserve to be subjected to your questions :p
Vera should read my questions on the last few pages, give you her answers, and ignore your interview:D

Epigone
Dec 17th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Vera should read my questions on the last few pages, give you her answers, and ignore your interview:DBepa needs content for her website, and this is a good way to do it :)

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2004, 03:18 PM
You can take her previous interviews, and use pictures, and her career record.
A new interview isn't important.

But Vera hasn't had a goldenlox interview yet. That makes this one special:bounce: :hearts:

Epigone
Dec 17th, 2004, 03:41 PM
A new interview isn't important.There are many questions that have never been asked.

This interview will also be good for Bepa, since she won't have some n00b journalist asking her questions about Maria. I couldn't care less about Maria during an interview with Bepa.

I want to ask Bepa about her tennis from juniors until now, and then discuss some other interesting topics.

But Vera hasn't had a goldenlox interview yet. That makes this one special:bounce: :hearts:Yes, special questions from a special girl :cuckoo:

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Yes, special questions from a special girl From one special girl to another:bigcry: :bigcry:
:inlove::hearts:

Epigone
Dec 17th, 2004, 04:03 PM
That CelebMatch website said that I'm 94% emotionally compatible with Bepa :eek:

May I join in the :bigcry:?

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Ask Vera if she experiments with other racket frames, or racket weights.

Epigone
Dec 17th, 2004, 04:26 PM
I'd like to know if she really uses the Fischer Tour Pro FT, or if it's another racquet that has been painted to resemble that model.

However, her contract probably says that she can't talk about it.

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Ask Vera when her Adidas contract is up.

pav
Dec 17th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Ask Vera if she experiments with other racket frames, or racket weights.

Epi should ask Her if She has considered changing to the Terminator Flexifame unbreakable with a 5 year impact guarantee

Gowza
Dec 18th, 2004, 01:28 AM
good luck to vera in 2005!

Epigone
Dec 18th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Ask Vera when her Adidas contract is up.This is from a press release on the SFX Sports website.
Washington, DC (April 28, 2003)
Vera Zvonareva, ranked No. 33 on the WTA Tour, also inked a deal with Adidas for footwear and clothing. She also signed an exclusive deal with Fischer racquets based in Austria. Both deals are multi-year. Terms of the deal have not been announced.

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2004, 02:11 PM
April 2003 is bad timing. Right before she beat Venus at RG.

Epigone
Dec 18th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Bepa had QF appearances at both Indian Wells and Charleston before then, so she had already made an impact early in the year.

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2004, 02:19 PM
But when she beat Venus, that's when people's expectations were really high for Vera.
And she had just signed a contract

Epigone
Dec 18th, 2004, 02:27 PM
But when she beat Venus, that's when people's expectations were really high for Vera.
And she had just signed a contractPeople have expected great things from Bepa since she was in juniors.

Back to back U18 Orange Bowl titles, then 4th round of RG as a qualifier (taking Serena to 3 sets), then a really close match against Kim at the US Open.

She was already very much on the radar when she signed this deal.

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2004, 02:31 PM
At that time, Venus and Serena were in every slam final. That was a very big deal when it happened.

Epigone
Dec 18th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Yes, so when Bepa took a set off Serena as a qualifier in 2002, it put her on the map.

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2004, 02:41 PM
I saw that match. Kirilenko did that this year.
The 2003 win was big news. The first time a Williams sister lost early in a major in a long time.

Epigone
Dec 18th, 2004, 02:50 PM
There's a difference.

Maria Kirilenko was in the MD, and lost in the 2nd round, while Bepa played 3 qualifying matches, and made it to the 4th round.

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2004, 02:53 PM
The big buzz about Vera came when she beat Venus.
Venus had a bad day, her forehand was way off.
Vera wasn't ready to challenge at the top, and didn't keep getting those kinds of wins.

But Vera has slowly been improving, and I think she reached her peak this summer.
Vera has to move forward from there in 2005.

Epigone
Dec 18th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Vera wasn't ready to challenge at the top, and didn't keep getting those kinds of wins.She almost beat Kim at the US Open in 2002 :confused:

But Vera has slowly been improving, and I think she reached her peak this summer.
Vera has to move forward from there in 2005.Her form during the summer was quite good, but still disappointing. She's capable of a lot more.

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2004, 03:07 PM
She almost beat Kim at the US Open in 2002 :confused:

Almost beat is nothing compared to that Venus win.
Venus and Serena were dominating the sport. They had met in 4 straight slam finals.

Epigone
Dec 18th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Almost beat is nothing compared to that Venus win.That was in response to your "wasn't ready to challenge remark". My point was that she was already challenging the year before :)

Venus and Serena were dominating the sport. They had met in 4 straight slam finals.Yes, and Bepa cut her down.
Bepa is a legend :woohoo:

Nadia was more impressive, but :tape:

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2004, 03:29 PM
That was in response to your "wasn't ready to challenge remark". My point was that she was already challenging the year before :)
I mean, I could tell by Vera's results after beating Venus, that she wasn't ready to challenge at the majors.
I thought the way Vera played over the summer, she had a chance in NYC.
But I saw her loss in Cincinnati, and Vera had lost that sharpness, that zone.
Vera needs to peak in week 2 of a major.

Epigone
Dec 18th, 2004, 03:36 PM
She had great form before RG (SF in Rome), Wimbledon (SF in Eastbourne, although it should have been a title), and the US Open (final in Cincinnati).

Whether or not she had peaked is a question I may ask Bepa herself.

I thought she had a great shot going into the US Open, but she :bigcry: when she was in control, and let the match slip through her fingers.

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Vera was not playing well before RG, that SF was a soft draw.
Vera played well on grass. And carried that form into the U.S.
But her play in the Cincy final wasn't too good.

Epigone
Dec 18th, 2004, 03:54 PM
QF Amelia Island (lost to Justine), QF Charleston (lost to Venus), SF Warsaw (lost to Venus), 2nd round Berlin (lost to Zuluaga), and SF Rome (lost to Mauresmo).

I think that those are pretty good results.

That form certainly should have seen her past the 3rd round of the French Open.

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Not really. Her third round opponent finished the year as world #4.
Losing to Zuluaga, and not beating any top 10 players, is no guarantee you beat Sharapova.

Epigone
Dec 18th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Zuluaga is a better claycourter than Maria...

Bepa beat Venus in 2003, and there was no way that she should have lost to Maria in 2004.

I want to find out about the nature of the virus that slowed her down in the 2nd round.

The French Open was the biggest screwup of the year, and it still makes me :bigcry:

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Maria played very well in the tiebreak. She's dangerous on clay, unless it's very wet and slow.
That was a big loss for Vera because that section was wide open.
But her US Open draw was good also.

Epigone
Dec 18th, 2004, 04:42 PM
She's dangerous on clay, unless it's very wet and slow.With the exception of Roland Garros 2004, there is no evidence of that.

That was a big loss for Vera because that section was wide open.Regardless of whether or not her section was open, it was a terrible loss.

But her US Open draw was good also.It was, but she :sobbing:

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2004, 04:51 PM
With the exception of Roland Garros 2004, there is no evidence of that.
Maria won 4 matches in 8 sets at RG, and beat Dementieva on red clay.
Her serving in the tiebreak against Vera was excellent. A preview of Wimbledon.

Vera and Maria split 4 matches this year. But Maria won the two at big events.
That's the difference in these players. Both are excellent, successful professionals.
But Maria has better focus at big events.

Epigone
Dec 18th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Vera and Maria split 4 matches this year. But Maria won the two at big events.Bepa was dead at the YEC, yet still almost took Maria to 3.
But Maria has better focus at big events.Bepa, like Nadia, has MAJOR focus issues.

Also, It's easier to be focused when you have a lunatic cheering for you, rather than against you.

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2004, 05:05 PM
For Maria to beat Serena 6-1, 6-4 in a Wimbledon final shows how important it is to be peaking and be focused.
That's the difference between Vera and Maria this year - Maria's last 2 matches at Wimbledon and the YEC.
Vera has to play that way in week 2 of a major.

Epigone
Dec 19th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Bepa usually peaks at the wrong time, and when she does peak at the right time, she loses focus and throws away matches.

However, I have great faith in Bepa, and I believe that 2005 will usher in a new way of thinking for her.

goldenlox
Dec 19th, 2004, 04:16 PM
I don't think you can control when you get into a zone.
Vera has to play her best, and hope for the best.

Epigone
Dec 19th, 2004, 08:10 PM
I don't think you can control when you get into a zone.
Vera has to play her best, and hope for the best.You can plan your training and tournament schedules with the intention of peaking at the most important times, but this doesn't always work.

The problem is that Bepa seems to be able to throw away matches when she is peaking (for example, the 2004 US Open).

Emptiness
Dec 20th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Epi and GL, it's so cute the way you two pretend not to be crazy about each other.Isn't it? The undeniable chemistry. http://www.imagelink.org/id29303.gif

Epigone
Dec 20th, 2004, 05:29 AM
deep bass and Fragrance http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-crazy.gif

Please don't put such scary thoughts into my head :bigcry:

It's only 11 or so days until I go to the Gold Coast, and 20 days until I fly to Sydney.

I'm going to be swamped by Russians :dance:

goldenlox
Dec 20th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Isn't it? The undeniable chemistry. http://www.imagelink.org/id29303.gifIt's not chemistry. It's displacement theory.
I'm trying to send Epi back to Hantuchova's forum.

Emptiness
Dec 20th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Maybe that is you intention ;) but as they say, those who make good partners in arguments make for good partners in bed. Actually i have no idea if there really is a saying like that. http://www.imagelink.org/id25736.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id25822.gif

So that will be your late Christmas gift to yourself, Epi? :)
Have you got your media pass already? Your interview should be taped, i want to see Vera's expressions to you and your questions. http://www.imagelink.org/id28727.gif

Epigone
Dec 20th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Maybe that is you intention ;) but as they say, those who make good partners in arguments make for good partners in bed. Actually i have no idea if there really is a saying like that. http://www.imagelink.org/id25736.gifhttp://www.imagelink.org/id25822.gif:bolt:

So that will be your late Christmas gift to yourself, Epi? :)Yep, I'm giving myself two weeks of tennis :). Now, if only some players can give me late Christmas gifts :D

Have you got your media pass already?Nope :sad:, so I hope that someone has taken care of it. Without a media pass, I could still get information, but I wouldn't be able to request interviews.

Your interview should be taped, i want to see Vera's expressions to you and your questions. http://www.imagelink.org/id28727.gifIf I get an interview, I will tape it.

I'm beginning to think that nothing will work out :sobbing:, but we'll see what happens.

I managed this year without a media pass, but having one would make life easier.

katiektc
Dec 21st, 2004, 02:19 PM
haha, but epi, if u dont get an interview with bepa you will break goldenlox's heart.
all those questions about shoes she'll never get answered!!!! :angel:

goldenlox
Dec 21st, 2004, 02:21 PM
I'm beginning to think that nothing will work out :sobbing:, but we'll see what happens.
Business as usual:lol:

Epigone
Dec 21st, 2004, 02:23 PM
GL will just make up the answers in her own head.

She likes to think that she knows all.

I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to get some good info from Lex, much in the same way that I found out some interesting things from Harold Solomon (Daniela Hantuchova's ex coach)

goldenlox
Dec 21st, 2004, 02:25 PM
I've heard too much of Solomon, from his Kournikova days.

I wouldn't ask Vera questions unless I wanted to know her answers.

Epigone
Dec 21st, 2004, 02:27 PM
Business as usual:lol:GL, I'll get the job done.

I feel that I would be able to produce a very good interview because I know the subject. I'm not just some journalist who reads the notes that a researcher has prepared, and then writes some boring questions.

katiektc
Dec 21st, 2004, 02:28 PM
remeber to ask how many pairs of shoes she owns....!

Epigone
Dec 21st, 2004, 02:32 PM
I've heard too much of Solomon, from his Kournikova days.And? You didn't get any information from him yourself...

The reason the information I found was important was because he had only started to coach Daniela, and there weren't many quotes in the media describing his plans for the future.

Look (http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=2942389&postcount=169) at what I managed to find out without even trying.

I wouldn't ask Vera questions unless I wanted to know her answers.I would much rather listen to Bepa than to people who think they know all :p

goldenlox
Dec 21st, 2004, 02:42 PM
Solomon has been on tv talking about Anna, her mom, want she wants in life.
He has lots of opinions about stuff he's just guessing at.

You've said I think I know all, twice, but I'm asking a lot of questions.
YOU are the one giving me your answers, without asking Vera.
YOU are the one who thinks they know all.

goldenlox
Dec 21st, 2004, 06:04 PM
Vera, you don't have to do this interview, if you don't want too.
If Martin wanted to interview me, I'd refuse also:D

pav
Dec 21st, 2004, 07:14 PM
Vera, you don't have to do this interview, if you don't want too.
If Martin wanted to interview me, I'd refuse also:D

What a meany, next We will hear that You ate up the very last bowl of porridge! :)

veryborednow
Dec 21st, 2004, 07:40 PM
Epigone - is what you got from Soloman postable? (have u posted it somewhere?)

Epigone
Dec 21st, 2004, 09:41 PM
Epigone - is what you got from Soloman postable? (have u posted it somewhere?)I talked to Solomon in Sydney this year, and it was his first Tour tournament coaching Daniela (he had already coached her at the Hopman Cup). At that point in time, people in the Cocktail Party had lots of questions about his plans for Daniela.

I think I posted what he told me in the Cocktail Party during/just after the tournament. It was basically what I posted in that link, and then someone who was with me also posted some stuff in that tournament thread.

I didn't ask him anything about Anna :o , and Daniela has gone back to her old coach, so I guess his plans won't come to fruition.

Next year, I'll try to get some good info from Lex. I am interested in his plans for the coming year or two.

Epigone
Dec 22nd, 2004, 01:51 AM
YOU are the one giving me your answers, without asking Vera.
YOU are the one who thinks they know all.I answer questions when I know the answer, or I give a highly educated guess. However, I preface guesses with "I think..." so there is no confusion :)

I've read a number of Russian interviews with Bepa, but sometimes I don't fully understand the context of comments. I've almost fully translated an article, but there is some wording in one section that is difficult for me to understand, and I'm have trouble translating the exact meaning. I'll ask a Russian speaker to translate that paragraph for me, and then I'll post it here.

I have to get through all of these interviews if I want to get some new information in Sydney. If I don't get an interview, I'll still get answers to my questions, but they won't be published :p

BTW, if you want to listen to Bepa's Fed Cup interviews, someone has joined them together and added music to create an interesting track http://vera-zvonareva.narod.ru/my_faith_is_vera.mp3 :cool:

Emptiness
Dec 22nd, 2004, 08:24 AM
Who wants to bet Epi made that track? :lol:

Will you have internet access in Sydney? I can't imagine how this thread will be without you. Plus i want outrageously in-depth recounts of Vera's matches. ;)

Epigone
Dec 22nd, 2004, 08:54 AM
Who wants to bet Epi made that track? :lol:Epi didn't make the track :p

Had Epi made the track, he would have selected different background music :cool:

Maybe I should talk to Bepa about cutting a single? She could become a music star :music: :worship:

Will you have internet access in Sydney?I'm staying at a place that has free 24 hr/day ADSL connection :)

I can't imagine how this thread will be without you.This thread was quite different when I was travelling through Europe, and could only access the internet once or twice a week. I got it back on track when I arrived home :D

Plus i want outrageously in-depth recounts of Vera's matches. ;)I will post updates every day, so this will be the place to check for all of your Bepa news :dance:

Frank
Dec 22nd, 2004, 09:17 AM
This thread was quite different when I was travelling through Europe, and could only access the internet once or twice a week. I got it back on track when I arrived home :DHave you been to Holland coincidentally?

Sorry for going off-topic. :p

Emptiness
Dec 22nd, 2004, 09:24 AM
Do you know its intimidating to see your post chopped up into little pieces? :p

Thats good to hear about your internet. I expect to read about Vera's every move, including the important issues like whether shes wearing waterproof mascara, has a finally burned the blue and white outfit, amount of rackets she brings, number of boyfriends [or girlfriends], and how many times she grabs her crotch. :)

Hmm Vera a music star? I don't know if she could pull that off, well her clothes suggest polka star.
http://img154.exs.cx/img154/4017/dance24qo.gif

Epigone
Dec 22nd, 2004, 09:56 AM
Have you been to Holland coincidentally?

Sorry for going off-topic. :pYep.

Rotterdam for five nights (I think :scratch: ), and Amsterdam for about two hours :D. I could have gone to the Ordina Open, but Bepa wasn't playing, and Nadia was out, so there wasn't much point.

Frank
Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:16 AM
Yep.

Rotterdam for five nights (I think :scratch: ), and Amsterdam for about two hours :D. I could have gone to the Ordina Open, but Bepa wasn't playing, and Nadia was out, so there wasn't much point.Argh. Why Rotterdam? :p

You probably know Rotterdam better than me, I've been there twice I think, and the only places I visited were the Feyenoord stadium and the Euromast. :p

The Ordina Open is in Den Bosch, right? I should go there one day. Especially if Vera is playing. :)

And why 2 hours in Amsterdam?

Epigone
Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:21 AM
Do you know its intimidating to see your post chopped up into little pieces? :pYour posts are so complex that I need to break them into pieces so that I can think straight :p

Thats good to hear about your internet. I expect to read about Vera's every move, including the important issues like whether shes wearing waterproof mascara, has a finally burned the blue and white outfit, amount of rackets she brings, number of boyfriends [or girlfriends], and how many times she grabs her crotch. :)That sounds a little obsessive, and a little perverted :o

This year, she was there with Julia, and that was it. She doesn't have groupies :D

Hmm Vera a music star? I don't know if she could pull that off, well her clothes suggest polka star.
http://img154.exs.cx/img154/4017/dance24qo.gifNo! :bigcry:

Rap or Europop would be her forte :cool:

I could see her being a singer like Глюк’оzа (http://www.glukoza.ru/news.php?ver=html) (Gluk'oza), complete with cool animated music videos :dance:

goldenlox
Dec 22nd, 2004, 02:08 PM
This thread was quite different when I was travelling through Europe, and could only access the internet once or twice a week. I got it back on track when I arrived home :D
:dance:
Thank goodness, you got this thread back on track.:lol:
It used to be about Vera's tennis.
Now it's about a Hantuchova fan.:D

Epigone
Dec 22nd, 2004, 02:27 PM
You're the one who brings Daniela's name into things. I only mentioned her in reference to being able to get information from her coach.

As things stand, I have a bad feeling about Sydney.

Are you taking bets on who my favourite player will be after the tournament? Will this be another San Diego? ;)

goldenlox
Dec 22nd, 2004, 02:34 PM
Are you taking bets on who my favourite player will be after the tournament? Will this be another San Diego? ;)
If I'm lucky, Vera will ignore you, and then I can keep this thread on topic -
Vera's tennis, and the off court opportunities she has because of her on court success:D :cool:

Epigone
Dec 22nd, 2004, 02:59 PM
GL, you don't care about Bepa. All you care about the RUS after her name :o

If I wasn't here providing reasoned posts, you'd be forced into your practice of quoting yourself because nobody wants to play with you :tennis:

I do have a plan in place to get answers, no matter what happens. I'll be able to tell you what Lex is expecting from Bepa in 2005, and how he intends to improve her game.

goldenlox
Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:06 PM
Vera didn't play in Athens. And didn't play singles in Fed Cup.
Where she ranks among the other Russians is very important to her.

The battle among the Russians is a part of Vera's professional life.

I know why guys are on these WTA message boards, and it doesn't involve tennis.

Epigone
Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:19 PM
Vera didn't play in Athens. And didn't play singles in Fed Cup.
Where she ranks among the other Russians is very important to her.The Olympics didn't have to do with rankings. She was the fourth ranked Russian doubles player, but was left out. Nastya said that this distressed her greatly :sad:

The battle among the Russians is a part of Vera's professional life.She has to keep her eye on the target. She can't have a fixation on where she is relative to the other Russians, as it will distract her from her real goal. The target is tournament victories, and she has to play better than everyone else, Russian or not, to win.

I know why guys are on these WTA message boards, and it doesn't involve tennis.Why is that?

goldenlox
Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:23 PM
Why is that?Because they are beautiful women. That's what I deal with here every day.
Goofy, horny guys.
I'm used to it by now.
But this website is about tennis. And Russian women have reached the highest levels of the sport.
Vera is the Russian #5. That's just as important as her being world #11.

Epigone
Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:34 PM
Because they are beautiful women. That's what I deal with here every day.
Goofy, horny guys.That's not a description of me :)

But this website is about tennis. And Russian women have reached the highest levels of the sport.
Vera is the Russian #5. That's just as important as her being world #11.I post about Bepa, while you post about who knows what...

Lex said that Bepa has one of the best (if not the best) backhands in the world. You never talk about her backhand. All you want to talk about how Bepa is inferior to the other Russians :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:38 PM
I did talk about her backhand. I think when she has to move to her backhand side, she hits a little pop up, and turns her back to the net.
Several other Russians have better backhands on the move.

I gave Vera homework involving her backhand.

Epigone
Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:51 PM
I gave Vera homework involving her backhand.Well, Lex obviously thinks that Bepa doesn't need your homework...

I am interested to see how Lex coaches during practice. I observed Harold Solomon closely, and I discovered some things about Daniela's game that I hadn't previously noticed. I'm hoping to also find out some interesting aspects of Bepa's game.

goldenlox
Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:55 PM
The Olympics didn't have to do with rankings. She was the fourth ranked Russian doubles player, but was left out.

Why is that?
Vera started 2004 as the 4th highest ranked Russian.
She didn't make the Olympic team because Sveta played so well in Dubai and Qatar.
And because Vera lost big matches to Dechy and Sharapova.

goldenlox
Dec 22nd, 2004, 05:48 PM
GL, I do have a plan in place to get answers, no matter what happens. I'll be able to tell you what Lex is expecting from Bepa in 2005, and how he intends to improve her game.Vera, Lex - if he doesn't ask my questions, you can answer them anyway:hearts: :wavey:

Epigone
Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:13 PM
Vera started 2004 as the 4th highest ranked Russian.
She didn't make the Olympic team because Sveta played so well in Dubai and Qatar.
And because Vera lost big matches to Dechy and Sharapova.Yes, she was the fifth ranked ranked singles player, but there was space in the team for two specialist doubles players. That's why Elena L. was selected, despite being ranked lower than Bepa in singles.

Bepa was the highest ranked Russian player in both singles and doubles to not be selected. She should have partnered Nastya in the second doubles team. They had been playing together all year, and Bepa's doubles ranking was good enough, so she should have made the team. Their wins at the Kremlin Cup and Fed Cup final prove that they would have made a better combination than Nastya/Lena D.

There was absolutely no reason to take only five players to Athens.

the cat
Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:37 PM
Someone needs to break up the GL/Epi coloqium. ;) GL, you're wrong as to why men post at WTA World. You shouldn't paintbrush every male here as goofy and horny. Tennis does matter to some of us. And in my opinion on the average tennis players don't compare to models, actresses and singers when it comes to looks and sex appeal. And that's why thir tennis is the most important. I would say that 90% of the WTA Tour cannot matchup in the looks department with the most beautiful models and actresses. But most of the other 10% are the Russina's. :D :hearts: ;)

Emptiness
Dec 22nd, 2004, 11:01 PM
Because they are beautiful women. That's what I deal with here every day.
Goofy, horny guys.Glox and i share the same viewpoint. :eek:
I'm sure this doesn't apply to all male women's tennis fans, some of them are gay. ;)

And in my opinion on the average tennis players don't compare to models, actresses and singers when it comes to looks and sex appeal.Agrees. But it's not a tennis player's job to look beautiful.

katiektc
Dec 22nd, 2004, 11:12 PM
i dont think cat makes a lot of horny, goofy posts. not that ive seen :confused:
its not their job, but it helps. would sharapova be so popular if she wasnt tall thin and blonde? would lena? we know anna k wouldnt be, its not like she had the on court success to match :tape:

Emptiness
Dec 22nd, 2004, 11:22 PM
Yeah thats where the horny guys come in. But Anna was pretty successful [yes i mean in tennis :p] if you think about how many players haven't even reached the top 100.

I think Glox is kidding [?].. i am atleast, but in some cases its true.

pav
Dec 23rd, 2004, 03:26 AM
The writer in this article shares a bit of Our optimism for Bepa
http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=tennis/04/12/21/manual_121355.html

It is correct that not every male Who posts here is just goofy and horny, I'm goofy, horny, and an annoying prick!

Epigone
Dec 23rd, 2004, 03:55 AM
pav, thanks for the article :yeah:

I couldn't have written it any better myself.

Once she sorts out the mental aspect of her game, she will become a GS champion :bigclap:

Epigone
Dec 23rd, 2004, 11:41 AM
If you go to http://www.worldofvenus.net/, you can download the final game of the match between Bepa and Serena from Los Angeles.

I don't know how much longer it will be online, so grab it now :)

goldenlox
Dec 23rd, 2004, 02:07 PM
I saw that match against Serena. Vera played very well until the middle of the third set.
That's what Vera has to improve on.
Keeping her level of tennis high throughout a complete match, against a top player.

Epigone
Dec 23rd, 2004, 02:24 PM
She made too many errors in the final game, but she was going for winners on her BH, and that's what I like to see.

The shots are there, and when Bepa puts it all together, she is very dangerous. She just can't afford to make silly errors when she has her opponent on the run.

goldenlox
Dec 23rd, 2004, 02:29 PM
What happened in that match is nothing new.
Even when Vera is on her game, she has trouble maintaining that level.
That's why she has so few top 10 wins.

Epigone
Dec 23rd, 2004, 02:47 PM
Bepa often has difficulty protecting a lead, and the problems are mental. She needs to change the way she thinks when she is leading.

I'd like to see her play more angled shots because she can really take the pace off the ball and hit shots that are virtually unplayable. However, those kind of shots can be risky, so she needs to believe that she can nail the lines.

goldenlox
Dec 23rd, 2004, 02:50 PM
Vera has to serve better at big moments. She gets broken much too often in big matches.
She has to get steadier. She needs more focus.
Those are the reasons she doesn't break through at majors, and doesn't play Tier I finals.

But Vera is still young, and her best years are in front of her.

Epigone
Dec 23rd, 2004, 03:05 PM
In the final game against Serena, I think Bepa got 2/8 of her 1st serves in, and Serena hit a return winner off one of them. However, she was clearly going for it on her 1st serves, and she nearly came up with an ace, and definitely put Serena under some pressure.

Sometimes she serves brilliantly, and other times she is way off. Against Lindsay at the AO, she hit three aces in her opening service game, but hit only one more during the remainder of the match. Her serve should be a weapon, rather than a liability.

I'm hoping that Lex with work with her so that she doesn't DF on break point. That's the thing that drives me crazy :o

goldenlox
Dec 23rd, 2004, 03:08 PM
Vera has to learn to mix being aggressive, and playing steady.
There are times when she should go for the winner, and times when she should keep the point going.
Vera has to learn to do that.
But the biggest issue is maintaining focus. She has to maintain her level for a full match.

Epigone
Dec 23rd, 2004, 03:26 PM
I'd prefer her to step up to the ball, rather than play defensively. Her play against Serena would have defeated a less-athletic opponent, as she was moving the ball around very effectively, and wasn't perturbed by Serena's baseline power. I guess having that being able to both attack and defend so well is not only a luxury, but also a curse.

It sometimes seems that Bepa feels like she has too many options, and this can lead to indecision. This is especially evident in doubles matches when her partner is serving. She'll drop back from the net, and appear to be lost.

Bepa needs to study video of her matches with Lex, and work out when to play different shots. Maintaining focus is another issue, but her focus won't begin to improve if she keeps being so hard on herself when she makes mistakes.

goldenlox
Dec 23rd, 2004, 03:31 PM
The whole year, Vera had very few big wins. So I wasn't surprised she lost to Serena.
Going through all of 2004, Vera didn't have any wins as big as Nadia's win over Justine at the US Open.
And Nadia beat Serena also.
Vera's big wins were over Maria and Sveta, but those two have their down periods, yet won majors.
Vera needs to peak and be focused in week 2 of a major.

Epigone
Dec 23rd, 2004, 03:41 PM
Nadia won against Justine and Serena because she is the most talented Russian. I think that she hasn't made as much noise as the other Russians because of her inability to focus :sad:

None of Bepa's wins this year surprised me, but a number of her loses did. I've witnessed her be in complete control, and then just fall apart for no reason. I'm confident that she will pull herself together and win a major in the near future. If Nastya can win at RG, Bepa most certainly can.

I hope the other Russians are enjoying their time in the spotlight because Bepa and Nadia are going to get their heads straightened out, and then dominate.

goldenlox
Dec 23rd, 2004, 03:45 PM
I hope the other Russians are enjoying their time in the spotlight because Bepa and Nadia are going to get their heads straightened out, and then dominate.I don't know if anyone is going to dominate.
Vera and Nadia are having excellent careers.
But they can't be satisfied. They have to keep improving. I'd love to see them get into the top 10, then top 5.

Epigone
Dec 23rd, 2004, 03:57 PM
Vera and Nadia are having excellent careers.
But they can't be satisfied. They have to keep improving. I'd love to see them get into the top 10, then top 5.As it stands, their results don't reflect their talent.

I'm very impressed with Nadia's doubles play, and I believe that Bepa could have similar success in doubles if she and Nastya both decide to really focus on it.

However, when it comes to singles, they aren't living up to their potential. Bepa has two Tier III titles, and Nadia is yet to win a WTA Tour singles title. They both have incredible shotmaking ability, but they are let down by a major inability to focus. Nadia has managed to have some very big names, but is generally inconsistent, while Bepa rolls through the draw until she meets a player ranked higher than her, and then holds up the white flag. However, I'm confident that they will both show dramatic improvement in the near future.

goldenlox
Dec 23rd, 2004, 03:59 PM
As it stands, their results don't reflect their talent.They both won about $1 million in prizemoney this year.
So their results are strong. They just need to peak at week 2 of a major.

Epigone
Dec 23rd, 2004, 04:24 PM
It's not just majors that they need to worry about. They should aim to be there at the end of every tournament. Bepa is pretty consistent in making QF appearances, but Nadia is all over the place.

I want Bepa to have big showdowns at every tournament, and I want her to show her talent and come out on top.

goldenlox
Dec 23rd, 2004, 04:32 PM
I want Bepa to have big showdowns at every tournament, and I want her to show her talent and come out on top.Nobody does that except all-time greats.
Just keep improving, and do your best.

Epigone
Dec 23rd, 2004, 04:47 PM
It's all about turning tight QF matches into SF appearances, and SF matches into finals appearances. Los Angeles, San Diego, and Moscow were all opportunities to advance to the next round, but Bepa lost her focus at the most important time.

That's what needs to change.

goldenlox
Dec 23rd, 2004, 04:49 PM
Vera does that all year. Not quite as good as the best players.
You just have to stay positive and keep working,
Anastasia is 3 years older, and she had her best year this year.

Epigone
Dec 24th, 2004, 04:39 PM
I've got some good news, and some bad news.

The good news is that someone voted for me in the 2004 WTAWorld Awards :D
12. The best all-around dedicated fan Award : epigoneDaniela :hug:
It's just too bad that she very rarely posts in this thread :sad:

The bad news is that I've found out that a press pass for Sydney is a no-go :bigcry:
This is like a punch in the guts. Now I know how those guys in movies feel when they lose their job the day before Christmas :p

Nevertheless, I am going to talk to both Bepa and Lex, and I'll get some great information.
This mission isn't over by any stretch of the imagination :cool:

Frank
Dec 24th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Awwwww...Daniela is so sweet. :)

You might have posted this before, but where will this interview take place?

Epigone
Dec 24th, 2004, 06:16 PM
You might have posted this before, but where will this interview take place?It was supposed to happen in Sydney, but things are kinda up in the air at the moment, since I won't have accreditation. I have a few ideas up my sleeve, so I'm not too worried.

The weird thing is that I'm normally very pessimistic, but this time I tried to be optimistic, and I ended up with egg on my face :o.

Here is something that I think will make trolldenlox very happy. If I can't get at least some interesting info from Bepa and Lex, I will leave this board. That's how confident I am that I can get the job done.

Frank
Dec 24th, 2004, 06:20 PM
It was supposed to happen in Sydney, but things are kinda up in the air at the moment, since I won't have accreditation. I have a few ideas up my sleeve, so I'm not too worried.

The weird thing is that I'm normally very pessimistic, but this time I tried to be optimistic, and I ended up with egg on my face :o.

Here is something that I think will make trolldenlox very happy. If I can't get at least some interesting info from Bepa and Lex, I will leave this board. That's how confident I am that I can get the job done. You ended up with egg on your face? I don't know that expression. :p

If you let Goldenlox decide what is actually "interesting" info and what is not, I better say goodbye to you now. :p

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 25th, 2004, 04:26 AM
I am going to talk to both Bepa and Lex
Who is Lex?

Epigone
Dec 25th, 2004, 05:43 AM
Who is Lex?Lex is Lex Carrington.

He is Bepa's coach, and the guy you saw her hitting with in San Diego :)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 25th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Thank you!

He is American, right?

Epigone
Dec 25th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Thank you!No problem :)

He is American, right?Yes, he's from New York.

His father was a tennis pro, and is now a tennis coach. I found this info on his father: Arthur Carrington is a tennis pro and twice competed in the U.S. Open with players like Arthur Ashe and Althea Gibson, the first black woman tennis champion.
Carrington recently visited White Brook Middle School and demonstrated scientific principals (sic) with the use of a whip. He told students that a good athlete is a scientist. He showed students how to "harness that energy" with the proper technique resulting with a long career and preventing injury. He showed students the fluid body movement needed to crack a leather whip. Carrington said his main thing has always been teaching. He said he wants kids to understand that they are scientists, once they apply what they learn in school to sports. link (http://chamber.easthampton.ma.us/newsArchive.html)

If Lex has a similar coaching philosophy to his father, I'm very excited about the partnership between Bepa and Lex :bounce:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 25th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks again!

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Here is something that I think will make goldenlox very happy:D . If I can't get at least some interesting info from Bepa and Lex, I will leave this board. That's how confident I am that I can get the job done.
Bye-bye:D :bounce:

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Pictures of beautiful Vera in Montreal -

http://www.nickaweb.com/montreal04wta.asp?player=Vera%20Zvonareva

http://www.nickaweb.com/PhotoTennis/Zvonareva6_montreal2004.jpg

http://www.nickaweb.com/PhotoTennis/Zvonareva5_montreal2004.jpg
Kick some tail in 2005:hearts: :kiss: :D

Epigone
Dec 27th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Epigone's fun with a stopwatch: 2 hours and 42 minutes between GL posting, then, since nobody replied, being reduced to quoting herself to bump the thread :lol:

In the GM forum, they are discussing the hardest working players. Bepa's name has been mentioned by a few people, which I find quite pleasing.

Her training sessions are very intense, and I'm going to have a front row seat at all of them :dance:

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Epigone's fun with a stopwatch: 2 hours and 42 minutes between GL posting, then, since nobody replied, being reduced to quoting herself to bump the thread :lol:

:dance:That's the way I like it. Me talking to me. Go to any thread, it's the same:D

Frank
Dec 27th, 2004, 06:09 PM
That's the way I like it. Me talking to me. Go to any thread, it's the same:D There just aren't enough knowledgeable posters around here. :sad:

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Who needs knowledge? I just post:D

Epigone
Dec 27th, 2004, 06:15 PM
That's the way I like it. Me talking to me. Go to any thread, it's the same:DKeep a journal, and use it to have conversations with yourself. At least that will spare the rest of us :p

I wish that ys would post in here. At least he knows what he's talking about.

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Keep a journal, and use it to have conversations with yourself. I keep a video diary. But it's about me:D
This thread's about Vera. Me, discussing Vera:D :bounce:

Frank
Dec 27th, 2004, 06:26 PM
I keep a video diary. But it's about me:D
This thread's about Vera. Me, discussing Vera:D :bounce: A video diary? :eek:

Will that be available on Ebay? :hehehe:

And to stay on-topic: it would be nice if Vera, among others, could keep a video diary and put that on a website. :)

Daniel
Dec 28th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Who needs knowledge? I just post:D
u must be a tough chick and sassy in real life :p :rolleyes:

Epigone
Dec 28th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Okay, here is my shot at translating this (http://leaburn.newmail.ru/zvon_vera.jpg) article. Please bear in mind that my Russian is hopeless, so please excuse the mistakes. If there are mistakes, could someone please correct them?

Vera Zvonareva, 20
15 minutes of fame
In 2002, she made her debut at Roland Garros. She battled through qualifying, and reached the 4th round, where she lost to World #1 Serena Williams. However, she didn't go down without a fight.

Start
At first, Bepa spent time figure skating and swimming. At six years of age, her mother took her to the tennis club "Chaika". She liked it immediately: there were lots of children having fun playing tennis, and she remained there.

Character
There are days when you go to a match, but you don't manage to do anything. It's as if it's the first time that you've held a racquet in your hand. At such times, a fighting spirit is important, in order to fight to the end, including with myself.

Breakfast of a Champion
Flakes with milk. Most of all, I love sirniki (http://www.good-cook.ru/tort/tort_015.shtml) (thin pancakes made with cream cheese), curd mass - I miss home-cooked meals.

Lucky charm
When I was young, it used to be Mickey Mouse. Right now, the main thing is having my coach in the stands.

Cinema
Loves Russian films. Really likes Vse Bydet Horosho (Everything Will Be Alright) and actor Dmitri Pevtsov.

Goals
Dreams to win a Grand Slam tournament. By the end of the year, wants to be in the top 8 (make the YEC, I think).

goldenlox
Dec 28th, 2004, 02:10 PM
u must be a tough chick and sassy in real life I'm not tough at all. But I have to keep these cheering threads on topic:D

Epigone
Dec 29th, 2004, 02:08 PM
I was reading Australian Tennis magazine today, and in the September issue, they had a little section called "STARS IN ORBIT - watch the rise and rise of these young players"

Name Age Ranking
Sharapova 17 8
Kuznetsova 19 9
Sprem 19 19
Bovina 20 20
Hantuchova 20 35
Golovin 16 38
Safina 18 41
Dulko 18 43
Jankovic 19 44
Krasnoroutskaya 19 49

Information current at 8th August, 2004

Geez, I could have sworn that there was another 19 year old Russian in the top 15 at that time :scratch: :fiery:

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Vera should be on that list.

That means Vera has to do better at the majors, and she'll get more recognition.

Epigone
Dec 29th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Bepa is always overlooked. I don't know if it's deliberate, or just down to ignorance.

Whatever the reason, I don't like it.

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I don't really care about that kind of recognition.
There's 2 ways to get very famous in tennis.
Win a major (or do very well) at a very young age. Or win several majors (or get close several times).
If you do neither, you can still have a very successful career.
But you probably won't be a household name.

Epigone
Dec 29th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Either that, or be hyped for your looks :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2004, 02:44 PM
The players who were hyped for their looks had early success.
Anna is the second youngest Wimbledon semi-finalist.
Vera still has to get to a slam semi.

Players like Pistolesi and Nagyova don't get famous. You need results at the majors.
Like Mauresmo. She's only reached one slam final. But she does well in most majors.

Epigone
Dec 29th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Nadia has a SF at the French Open, but nobody knows who she is.

A player's profile is in large part down to how well their agent works. Nadia should have a far higher profile than she has at the moment. With her game and looks, far more people should know recognise her, and she should have more endorsement contracts.

However, the point I was making is that Bepa was omitted, while players with less success were included. This is like when she and Nadia didn't even have pictures in their profile on the AO website.

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2004, 02:59 PM
If Nadia would do something else at a major, she would get known.
There are a lot of players, like C. Fernandez, who make one semi.
Bovina made a US Open quarter in 2002.
You have to do it young, or do it often.

Epigone
Dec 29th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Nadia defeated two former world #1 players (Seles and Capriati) on her way to the SF at the French Open. This year, she knocked the defending champion out of the USO.

She is being disrespected for some strange reason. I'd be mighty mad if I was in Nadia's position.

I hope that she doesn't drop a set on the way to winning the Gold Coast title. That would be a great way to start the year.

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Nadia is earning over $1 million a year.
If she wants to be famous as a tennis great, she needs to go deep into the draw at several more majors.

Epigone
Dec 29th, 2004, 03:22 PM
This isn't even about being known as a tennis great. I want people to respect Nadia (and Bepa) enough to actually put photos in their profiles on the AO website. Besides, Nadia won 3 Tier I and 3 Tier II doubles titles this year, plus the YEC doubles title. If that doesn't get her recognition, I don't know what will.

Now, back to Bepa. Look where she is on the gold exempt list. She's in the group below Hantuchova. It's a joke. I agree with having Nadia where she is because Nadia is an awesome player, but someone needs to be taken to task for putting Bepa in the group that she is in :mad:

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2004, 03:25 PM
If they get to the AO semi this year, they will have their picture in the profile next year.
Vera and Nadia are doing very, very well.
But to get respect as a top player, they know what they have to do.

Epigone
Dec 29th, 2004, 03:37 PM
How about if we forget about Slams for a minute.

Take a look at the Memphis website. The defending champ has already committed to the tournament, but I don't see her picture on the front page. In fact, the headline reads No. 1 Junior, 2004 Champ In Cup Field.

Bepa has been bumped to second billing for a tournament in which she captured the singles title, and could have also taken the doubles title had she had a partner who carried her share of the load (from what Jordan told me).

Pathetic! :fiery:

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2004, 03:46 PM
That stuff is all so trivial. Vera made the YEC, but she played a lot more events than Jennifer and Venus.
And those 2 have won majors.
If you list the top 20 players in this sport over the past 5 years, I don't know if Vera makes the list.
She's getting paid. But the recognition comes with bigger results.

Epigone
Dec 29th, 2004, 03:53 PM
But the recognition comes with bigger results.She has bigger results than Nicole Vaidisova, so Bepa's picture should be on the website, and the headline should read 2004 Champ, No. 1 Junior In Cup Field

Such disrespect :fiery:

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2004, 03:55 PM
People think Nicole is going to win majors.
I saw her beat Sharapova this summer. She has a huge game for a 15 year old.

Epigone
Dec 29th, 2004, 04:02 PM
People think Nicole is going to win majors.
I saw her beat Sharapova this summer. She has a huge game for a 15 year old.Oh, so now thinking that someone is going to win majors is as good as someone actually winning majors? That's a good enough reason to get Bepa bumped?

Alright, I think that Bepa is going to win majors, so let's plaster her face over everything in sight.

What? That rule doesn't apply to Bepa?

Sorry, my bad :o

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2004, 04:05 PM
I think Vera can win majors. The last 3 were wide open.
I think in 2005, several majors will be wide open.
If Vera gets one, she will get plenty of recognition.
But Vaidisova looks like a real phenom.

Gowza
Dec 30th, 2004, 11:38 PM
vera has the game to win a major when in form, and with the majors being open it helps her cause. mentally tho that will be a big hurdle for her on her way to winning a major

pav
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:14 AM
What is this Watson's Water Challenge Vera has got Herself into? sounds like syncronised swimming?

Epigone
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:28 AM
Bepa is playing in Hong Kong! :bounce:

This is great news :yippee:

It means that she gets to beat three (two in her group, and then the final ;) ) top 10 players before Sydney :D

I wanted her to play the at Gold Coast :sad:, but Hong Kong might be better preparation.

Udachi!

Daniel
Jan 1st, 2005, 06:01 AM
nice news Epigone :D :D

Epigone
Jan 2nd, 2005, 02:54 PM
Hong Kong
Singles
Red Group
Maria SHARAPOVA
Elena DEMENTIEVA
Nicole VAIDISOVA

Green Group
Svetlana KUZNETSOVA
Venus WILLIAMS
Vera ZVONAREVA

Doubles
Venus WILLIAMS/Serena WILLIAMS
Elena DEMENTIEVA/Nicole VAIDISOVA

Vera ZVONAREVA/Maria SHARAPOVA
Svetlana KUZNETSOVA/Arantxa SANCHEZ-VICARIO

Bepa is playing doubles with Maria :crying2:

I wish she could play with Sveta or Lena :sad:

pav
Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:30 PM
Hong Kong
Singles
Red Group

They haven't shown to be the most ideal doubles pairing so far have They?
still They might get it together! I just hope Vera has had time to pack the special item of clothing for the off court activities!

goldenlox
Jan 2nd, 2005, 04:18 PM
Hong Kong

This is an exhibition, you mental case.

pav
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:09 PM
This is an exhibition, you mental case.
Don't hold back! :) There should be some $$s in this for Bepa

goldenlox
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:11 PM
It's about time Vera gets paid in an exhibition.
And she gets to be around some friends - Svetik and Maria.

pav
Jan 2nd, 2005, 06:35 PM
It's about time Vera gets paid in an exhibition.
And she gets to be around some friends - Svetik and Maria.
and gets to wear the familiar top

goldenlox
Jan 2nd, 2005, 06:40 PM
Vera has the talent to become a tennis elite, just like Sveta and Maria.
I'm glad she's with them this week.
Have fun:D , and play your best in Melbourne!:kiss: :hearts:

Epigone
Jan 2nd, 2005, 10:32 PM
This is an exhibition, you mental case.I'd like Bepa to play doubles with a partner who is a competent doubles player.

She is a Tier I and Fed Cup winning doubles player, and should use the doubles in Hong Kong to further improve her game.

Maria won't help her to do that.

Emptiness
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:25 AM
What drugs are you on Martin.
Maria is a Wimbledon and YEC champion, just being near her will help improve Vera. Vera will absorb some of Maria unlimited, enormous talent and hot, sexy, beautiful looks. In fact Maria probably is only doing this as a favor for Vera, its not like she needs doubles.

Speaking of doubles, i uploaded the match with Anastasia vs. Petrova and Bovina. I don't know what the fuck happened with the name... http://www.imagelink.org/id30656.gif
http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1O1RH2EUJCL9K34LFGR72US4M9
Kind of my late christmas present to you. http://www.imagelink.org/id30834.gif
Hope it works this time. http://www.imagelink.org/id30963.gif

Epigone
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:08 AM
What drugs are you on Martin.
Maria is a Wimbledon and YEC champion, just being near her will help improve Vera. Vera will absorb some of Maria unlimited, enormous talent and hot, sexy, beautiful looks. :lol: :unsure: :sobbing:

Bepa should be near Nadia :D

In fact Maria probably is only doing this as a favor for Vera, its not like she needs doubles.Well, it's not like doubles needs Maria ;)

Speaking of doubles, i uploaded the match with Anastasia vs. Petrova and Bovina. I don't know what the fuck happened with the name... http://www.imagelink.org/id30656.gif
http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1O1RH2EUJCL9K34LFGR72US4M9
Kind of my late christmas present to you. http://www.imagelink.org/id30834.gif
Hope it works this time. http://www.imagelink.org/id30963.gifThank you so much! :hug: I think it's downloading properly this time :worship:

Please hang out in this thread more so that I don't get bored.

Daniel
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:32 AM
ok Epigone :kiss: :p

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:57 PM
I saw the pics from Hong Kong. Vera is keeping her distance from Maria.
I doubt if Maria caught any viruses in Thailand.
But Vera is over on the other side:lol: :D

Epigone
Jan 3rd, 2005, 03:34 PM
To me, it looked as if Maria was trying to keep away from the other Russians :scratch:

If she is playing doubles with Maria, I hope that it's the last time. Bepa should play doubles with Nastya and Elena L, before partnering Nadia in an all-Russian dream team.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2005, 03:43 PM
Maria has won doubles titles with Maria K. and Tammy.
Vera knows Maria is a good doubles player.
Anyway, this is only an exhibition.

Epigone
Jan 3rd, 2005, 03:47 PM
Vera knows Maria is a good doubles player.From reports that I've seen, they don't play together well. Someone who saw them play in Beijing said that they basically didn't communicate while on court.

I feel that Nastya, Lena L, and Bob Bryan know how to get the best out of Bepa, while Maria does not.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2005, 03:54 PM
They made the final in Memphis, and Vera had to play it right after the singles final.
Maria is a good doubles player.

Epigone
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:02 PM
They made the final in Memphis, and Vera had to play it right after the singles final.Jordan was there, so you should ask him what he thought of Maria's performance. He told me that Bepa was carrying the team, despite being tired.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:05 PM
It's an exhibition, not the KC final:rolleyes:

Epigone
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:10 PM
You're right.

A doubles team including Masha wouldn't make the final of the KC :p

People pay good money to watch exhibitions, so they should be treated to a top quality doubles display.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:22 PM
Maria has to play in the KC, before she gets to a final:D

Emptiness
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:29 PM
Epi, your Maria love is disgusting.
And this is coming from the biggest Maria fan of all.

Please hang out in this thread more so that I don't get bored.You have Glox. ...Actually i post a lot here! Its just you and Glox's babbling saturate the thread. http://www.imagelink.org/id30820.gif

Maria has to play in the KC, before she gets to a finalZing! Goldenlox made a funny. http://www.imagelink.org/id31191.gif

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:32 PM
Both of you should go find a non-tennis thread to haunt:wavey:

Emptiness
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:43 PM
Whats there to talk about? What Vera needs to do for '05? Umm get her mental state under control and uh, get her mental state under control. Things that have been said a thousand times. http://www.imagelink.org/id30801.gif

I guess i could always go bother you in your thread. ;)

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:46 PM
Vera needs to improve her game, every aspect.
You should try a chat thread:tape:

Epigone
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:47 PM
Yes, keep GL away from this thread!

Bepa needs to focus, and she needs to learn how to hit consistent volleys.

goldenlox
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:48 PM
I've spent years making this a great thread.
And then 2 losers show up:bigcry: :bigcry:
I'll have to rebuild Vera's thread, after you 2 leave:banana: :D

Emptiness
Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:05 PM
Focus, is mental. And volleys, no one volleys anymore. Next! http://www.imagelink.org/id31196.gif

Hey i've got quality.
In '05 Vera needs to win more titles. Tier II and higher.
She needs to relax, less tantrums on court please.
She needs to learn to take better advantage of weaken draws.
She needs to improve her H2H with top 10 players.
She needs to have an less stressful schedule.
http://www.imagelink.org/id31185.gif

Epigone
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:54 AM
31st December 2004
Organizers today announced that Vera Zvonareva, World No. 11, would replace injured Amelie Mauresmo in the Watsons Water Champions Challenge. Organizers further announced that Serena Williams would now only play in the Doubles, and that Nicole Vaidisova would take her place in the Singles competition...

Terry Catton added that he was delighted to have been able to secure a player of Zvonareva's calibre at such short notice. He said “I have been making so many calls over the past few days and I was amazed to learn that so many top players are injured and have withdrawn from other events. Davenport, Capriati, Clijsters and Pierce are all carrying injuries, whilst Henin is preparing to make a comeback in Australia after an 8 months absence from the Tour. We are very fortunate that Vera Zvonareva is well and so willing to step in at this last minute.”link (http://www.watsonswaterchallenge.com/eng/media/news_041231.htm)

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Focus, is mental. And volleys, no one volleys anymore. Next! http://www.imagelink.org/id31196.gif

Hey i've got quality.
In '05 Vera needs to win more titles. Tier II and higher.
She needs to relax, less tantrums on court please.
She needs to learn to take better advantage of weaken draws.
She needs to improve her H2H with top 10 players.
She needs to have an less stressful schedule.
http://www.imagelink.org/id31185.gif
Vera has to keep working, and stay positive. She can improve, but you can't force it.
You just have to keep working.

Epigone
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Bepa plays her doubles exhibition match today.

I hope that her partner doesn't hit her when serving.

Fedak hit Schruff in a match that I was watching at the Gold Coast, but luckily it didn't do any damage.

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Vera in Hong Kong -

http://wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31215

Epigone
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:39 PM
GL, you're not allowed to attach Getty Images :tape:

I guess this time Bepa isn't wearing experimental art clothing, so she changed her hairstyle :scratch:

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Wednesday 5th January

6:00pm:Opening Ceremony (All Players Present)Followed by

(approx 6:30pm):

Singles – Red Group (Best of 3 tie break sets)
Maria Sharapova vs Elena Dementieva Followed by: 30 – 45 Minutes Break Followed by: Doubles (One 8 game pro-set)
S. Kuznetsova & A. Sanchez-Vicario
http://www.watsonswaterchallenge.com/eng/images/spacer.gifvs
V. Zvonareva & M. Sharapova

Followed by: Singles – Green Group (Best of 3 tie break sets)
Svetlana Kuznetsova vs Vera Zvonareva

pav
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:14 AM
GL, you're not allowed to attach Getty Images :tape:

I guess this time Bepa isn't wearing experimental art clothing, so she changed her hairstyle :scratch:
Naughty GL

Step aside Serena, Bepa is the cutting edge of fashion now

Emptiness
Jan 5th, 2005, 08:18 AM
GL, you're not allowed to attach Getty Images :tape:Shhh the admins don't really make a big deal about it if its not in GM. And beside i bet Glox didn't know, probably hasn't wandered out of RR in months. ;)

I've got some insignificant news again. Vera made it into WTA's 2004 highlights.

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/action04/f_11.jpg

Whee.

pav
Jan 5th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Naughty GL

Step aside Serena, Bepa is the cutting edge of fashion now

:tape: I have to take that back! Bepa is getting it for Her green well below the knees, patterned number at the HK Players party thread in GM!

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:04 PM
:tape: I have to take that back! Bepa is getting it for Her green well below the knees, patterned number at the HK Players party thread in GM!I'm going to compile a list of quotes in a minute ;)

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Here is the dress:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/sunset2sunrise/003.jpg

and here is what people thought...
Bepa :retard: :pElena looks absoutely great. :D but Vera looks like she is 5'3 in that picture? Errr...Venus looks good too. The rest I can't see clearly...:crying2:Vera --> :o (she looks much better in flesh)lol Vera kinda looks like she's wearing a wig :silly:Vera looks shocking!!! She is a cute girl in person but this image absolutely puts her down!!! :scared:nicole looks like kirsten dunst!!! vera looks... fat... :tape: sveta and asv: what do u expect from them? extreme makeover? they are trying to look their best... i think. elenad, venus, maria: elegant, glamorous, stunning, gorgeous...:hearts:Vera should not be wearing a dress that comes under the knee, if you're not that tall, it's the worst dresswise thing you can do.I'm liking Vee's hairstyle... right about Vera's dress way too long and it kinda looks too big on her.vera has a very pretty face but green obviously doesn't suit her, it makes her a lil bit fat :sad:

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Here is a close-up of the dress. It's quite interesting.

http://img39.exs.cx/img39/9383/gy6a00109bo.jpg

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Bepa and Masha lost their doubles match either 8-2 or 8-3

Bepa just lost the 1st set of her singles match against Sveta 6-3, after being broken at 2-3, breaking back at 2-4, and being re-broken at 3-4 :bigcry:

Davai Bepa!!!

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Playing in Hong Kong is just to get ready for Melbourne.
Vera has to stay focused on what's important.
The AO is the only major until late May.
Vera can't let this exhibition become a distraction.

Keep working on your tennis.

Stephieva
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Vera...:mad:
last game from 40-0 to lose it pffffffffffff
Fight Vera...plz :bowdown:

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:20 PM
She can't be focusing too hard, as she was just broken from 40-0 up :banghead:

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I don't care about this exhibition.
Just be sure to wash your hands thoroughly if you touch Sharapova.
Lots of diseases in Thailand.

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:29 PM
I don't care about this exhibition.I care whenever Bepa plays.

Just be sure to wash your hands thoroughly if you touch Sharapova.
Lots of diseases in Thailand.I would have advised Bepa to do that, even before Maria went to Thailand :tape:

In this set, Bepa has taken Sveta to deuce twice, only for Sveta to hold, while Bepa was broken from 40-0 up.

Bepa has got one break back, but trails *1-4

Davai!!!

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/sunset2sunrise/003.jpg

Vera, when you're in between Maria and Lena, wear 6 inch heels:D

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Sveta won 6-3 6-3 :sad:

I don't trust all of these stats, but here they are:
Aces - 1 for Bepa vs 4 for Sveta
DFs - 8 for Bepa vs 2 for Sveta :bigcry:
Winners - 5 for Bepa vs 9 for Sveta
UEs - 1 for Bepa vs 0 for Sveta :cuckoo:

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Vera, when you're in between Maria and Lena, wear 6 inch heels:DI don't care if she looks short, but those shoes are kinda ugly. I hate shoes with pointy toes :mad: :crying2:

Either wear shoes with a more rounded toe, just like Elena's, or wear shoes that are open, just like Maria, Venus, and Sveta.

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2005, 03:00 PM
These exhibitions are all about those goofy ceremonies.
You should bring 3 inch and 6 inch heels for exos.

Be ready for Melbourne. That's what's important.

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2005, 03:07 PM
These exhibitions are all about those goofy ceremonies.
You should bring 3 inch and 6 inch heels for exos.

Be ready for Melbourne. That's what's important.She's not going to be ready for Melbourne if she falls because she is wearing ridiculously high heels and injures herself.

The best footwear is comfortable and practical, and that's why Bepa should go back to Nike when her adidas contract expires :cool:

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Vera should enjoy being a beautiful woman, and show herself off.
Then play like a fighter, and keep competing.

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Maybe the tournament provided those dresses, and Bepa got one that was too long for her...

I bet she hates dressing up like this.

She seems to be more comfortable in jeans :)

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Maybe the tournament provided those dresses, and Bepa got one that was too long for her...
:)I would bet on that.

This is what the top players do. They waste their time at exhibitions.
It beats playing in the heat at a Tier III.

Emptiness
Jan 5th, 2005, 04:49 PM
and here is what people thought...
...They could of said worst! It looks like Vera got swallowed by a dress. I think all the dresses are fugly anyways. I hate her shoes too, they're old lady shoes.

Good luck to Vera against Venus tommorow. It looks like Elena will advance in the Red group. But theres still a chance for her to advance if Sveta loses tommorow, i think.

Epi, you want me to upload the doubles match? Its from webcam of course so no sound and i started recording late so starts at one set all.

pav
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:10 PM
The dress was probably the right size for big Momo, I went to sleep and missed the livescoring of the match, only an exhibition, but still disappointing not to have at least a close match between those two. Bepa wasn't wearing the dress and shoes still when She battled with Sveta was She?that would make Me feel better!

deep bass
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Vera has a tits-and-hips-not-matchstick kind of figure so a tighter cut dress would suit her better. With her curves that dress just hangs. And even though I'm sitting here in comfy slippers (I'm old and it's cold, OK?) my toes are hurting looking at those shoes.

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:13 PM
This is a round robin, so Vera gets another chance against Venus.

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:15 PM
I've spent years making this a great thread.
And then 2 losers show up:bigcry: :bigcry:
I'll have to rebuild Vera's thread, after you 2 leave:banana: :DI've been laughing at this for 2 days:lol:
I am funny:D

deep bass
Jan 5th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Vera is one of the most frustrating players to support because she's so up and down. She can play scintillating tennis in one match (or game, or point!) and then play like a rank amateur in the next! But it's so clear the potential is there for her to become a contender. The film Gremlins was on T.V. here in the UK over the festive season and I couldn't help making the comparison between the good, cute Gremlin (Gizmo?) and the crazy Gremlin Stripe. She is so often either/or. I hope she's worked on the mental side of her game during the off season because I truly believe it's the one thing holding her back. Go Gizmo!

Epigone
Jan 5th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Epi, you want me to upload the doubles match? Its from webcam of course so no sound and i started recording late so starts at one set all.Yes, please :hug:

I also have to take another shot at downloading the KC doubles match because the connection reset at 160MB :bigcry:

Emptiness
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:15 AM
You resumed right? http://www.imagelink.org/id34573.gif

I'll upload it later... going to try to record today's matches. Too bad i can't get all the matches, my internet will be cut if i leave a download running. http://www.imagelink.org/id30781.gif

She is so often either/or. I hope she's worked on the mental side of her game during the off season because I truly believe it's the one thing holding her back. Go Gizmo!A bit of a mental midget. But its a new year and i have hope she can turn it around. :)

Chunchun
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Venus Williams - Zvonareva 6-2

Epigone
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Bepa up an early break in the 2nd set 3-0* :dance:

Please don't mess this up! :o

Emptiness
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:30 AM
I missed the first set. I suck.

Go Vera. :)

Epigone
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:34 AM
I missed the first set. I suck.

Go Vera. :)That simply means that the 1st set didn't exist :D

According to the stupid scoreboard, Venus was leading the winners 11 to 1 at the end of the 1st set :rolleyes:

However, Bepa has now lifted and leads *4-0 :)

Chunchun
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Venus- Bepa 6-2 2-4

Epigone
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:46 AM
I think Bepa now leads 5-2* in the 2nd, but the scoreboard has gone as wacky as goldenlox on one of her anti-Yuri posting blitzes

Epigone
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Bepa serving for the set at *5-4

Keep your fingers crossed :scared:

Epigone
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Bepa faced *15-40, and Venus had advantage, but she held to take the 2nd set 6-4 :yippee:

So Bepa went from serving at *4-0 to saving 3 BPs for 5-5* :crying2:

Focus!!!

Emptiness
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Yay! I got scared for a sec. :o

pav
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:03 AM
She just has to keep Us on the edge of Our seats at set-serving time dosen't She?

Chunchun
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Zvonareva 2-6 6-4 0-3

Chunchun
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Zvonareva 2-6 6-4 1-3

Epigone
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Bepa gets the break back *2-3 :clap2:

Davai!!!

Shoulderpova
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Go Bepa:D

Epigone
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Bepa brings up 3 BP opportunities, and converts on the 3rd :o

Bepa *4-3
Drive it home! :drive:

Shoulderpova
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Bepa leads :woohoo:

Shoulderpova
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:25 AM
5-3 :banana:

Epigone
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Bepa holds for 5-3* :yeah:

Attack on the returns, and close it out!

Chunchun
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Epigone, Bepa from FS 0-3 to 5-3!??!?! :eek: :eek:

Venus :o