PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Ask Nadia that same question.I will.

However, Bepa and Nadia don't wear the same outfit. Nadia's outfits feature vertical stripes that are longer than Bepa's. Nadia also wears the all-blue outfit, which looks quite good :)

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:40 PM
They both wore almost the exact same outfit all year.
And they are 2 of Adidas' biggest stars. After Justine.

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:51 PM
They both wore almost the exact same outfit all year.Yeah, coz the people at adidas can't think up anything new. Bepa did wear the top with longer stripes during the US hardcourt season, but I don't recall ever seeing her in the blue top. The red outfit that she wore during the clay season was :yawn:

And they are 2 of Adidas' biggest stars. After Justine.They are, and I would like to see adidas promote them more. They should copy Nike's Li'l Penny ads of the mid to late 90s, and create a mini Bepa character :D

I think that Bepa is capable of carrying an ad campaign.

Frank
Dec 7th, 2004, 07:08 PM
From an interview with Evgenia:
Your bio says you speak Russian, English and Dutch. How did you learn Dutch?
I practiced in Belgium for about two to three months, so I had a lot of friends from Holland. I can understand it and can have a basic conversation in Dutch, but I’m not fluent. Thanks. ;)

She practiced in Belgium? That means she speaks Flemish with a Russian accent. :D

Indeed. I just wonder if a Russian accent could make Dutch sound better :bolt: It will most certainly make it sound better. The question is whether it will actually make it sound good. :p

No, since I actually want her to be able to understand the questions ;). I will ask some basic things in Russian, but only to show off :cool: Good luck then. ;)

Emptiness
Dec 7th, 2004, 11:33 PM
:wavey: Fragrance, I've just had a thought...
Maybe the YEC top was like the puffy shirt on Seinfeld. Perhaps someone asked her to wear it and, being such an angel, she agreed to wear it.Epi. http://www.imagelink.org/id25826.gif
Your love for Vera is sickening. [Almost as sickening as mine for a certain player.] Nothing, absolutely nothing, can excuse or defend the temporary blindness Vera must of had to allow herself to be draped in that... thing. http://www.imagelink.org/id25792.gif

Gowza
Dec 8th, 2004, 01:36 AM
vera got top 10 this year, needs another breakthrough next year like top 5 or a slam SF or further, and a couple tournament wins would be good as well, good luck bepa!

Epigone
Dec 8th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Epi. http://www.imagelink.org/id25826.gif
Your love for Vera is sickening. [Almost as sickening as mine for a certain player.]:o

Nothing, absolutely nothing, can excuse or defend the temporary blindness Vera must of had to allow herself to be draped in that... thing. http://www.imagelink.org/id25792.gifMaybe it's part of a new line of casual wear released by adidas. Bepa could be contractually obligated to wear it :shrug: :lol:

Princess Sarah.
Dec 8th, 2004, 04:08 AM
Adidas clothes have really gone downhill since the anna k and martina days which is a shame

Daniel
Dec 8th, 2004, 08:12 AM
indeed, but if Martina and Anna come back the new clothes will improve , maybe Adidas has been waiting for these two to come back :)

goldenlox
Dec 8th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Ask Vera what she always carries around with her around the world -
maybe iPod, or blackberry, what does she always take with her.

Epigone
Dec 8th, 2004, 02:10 PM
indeed, but if Martina and Anna come back the new clothes will improve , maybe Adidas has been waiting for these two to come back :)I don't like how some of my favourite players are wearing boring clothes. Bepa, Nadia, Dinara, and Vera D. (when she isn't wearing Nike) have clothes that are :yawn:. People used to complain about Nike clones, but Nike have a much wider range of clothes than adidas.

I like clothing to reflect some degree of individuality. Serena is really lucky that she has a clothing contract that allows her to come up with some interesting outfits. I wish that Bepa had the same degree of freedom :sad:

Epigone
Dec 8th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Ask Vera what she always carries around with her around the world -
maybe iPod, or blackberry, what does she always take with her.I'm assuming that Bepa carries some form of communications device, as she is the first athlete to be endorsed by CenterTelecom :cool:

BTW, does anyone know the international roaming partners, if any, for CenterTelecom?

Epigone
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:38 PM
The Fanzone section on WTATour.com used to ask different players what music was in their CD player, but Bepa was never asked.

However, she was asked here (http://www.wtatour.com/gettingtoknow/stories/gtk_Vera_Zvonareva_2769_rx.asp) about her taste in music.
What CDs are you listening to at the moment?
Russians CDs, Russian pop music. I like regular pop music here in the States, but I don't know who they are - I just like the songs. I also like old Russian music, from the late '80s and early '90s. She could be a Tatyana Ovsienko fan :D

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Ask Lex if it's hard for a coach to have a family life if he has to travel around the world most of the year.
Nadia said it's very hard for a player to have a serious relationship.
Being a pro tennis player is very demanding, physically and mentally.

Epigone
Dec 9th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I'd rather know about his professional life.

I think that we can pretty much assume that constant travelling makes relationships difficult.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Ask Vera what athlete or celebrity she would like to meet.
Favorite movie, and tv show.

Epigone
Dec 9th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Ask Vera what athlete or celebrity she would like to meet.
Favorite movie, and tv show.Bepa's favourite movie is Все будет хорошо.

I'll ask her about the other things.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2004, 02:59 PM
The 2005 Gold Exempt list is out, and Vera is in the 5th group. With Bovina, Sprem, and Suarez.
Nadia made the 4th group, with Pierce and Hantuchova.
A sign of disrespect for Vera's drawing power.
Vera has to throw some Adidas crap into the stands. Then fans and tournament directors will love her.

Epigone
Dec 9th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Hahaha, I was thinking exactly the same thing!

I agree with Nadia being in the 4th group, since she has got serious game, but putting Hantuchova and Pierce ahead of Bepa :rolleyes:

She should try to become a celebrity, and not just a tennis player. That way, she can get paid with exerting herself. She'll get more endorsement deals, and she'll also draw larger crowds to watch her play and support her.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Hantuchova got a lot of IMG hype. And Pierce won 2 majors.
Vera has to get some big wins. She grinds out a great living.
But people notice you when you beat Justine at a major, like Nadia did in NYC.

Epigone
Dec 9th, 2004, 03:24 PM
I think that Bepa has a higher profile than Nadia because of her outbursts :o

I'd like Bepa to become the Russian Serena Williams. I want her being present at award shows in Moscow.

Bepa loves Russian entertainment, so I think that her agent should try to see if she can present an award at the MTV Russian Music Awards next year. However, the date will probably fall during an important indoor tournament :sad:

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Ask Vera if she plans to live in Moscow after her tennis career. Or if she's going to have homes both in Moscow and the U.S.
Vera should take advantage of her situation, and do celebrity stuff in Moscow.
Ask Vera if she has ever done acting, or if she wants to.

Epigone
Dec 9th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Ask Vera if she has ever done acting, or if she wants to.Director: Bepa, this scene calls for you to break down and cry after learning that your boyfriend has cheated on you. Just imagine that you have taken the 1st set of a 4th round match at a GS 6-1

Bepa: Okay

Director: And, action!

Bepa :sobbing: :bigcry: :sobbing:

Director: And, cut! A perfect performance on the first take :hug:

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Vera:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :rain:
:drive: Find out about cars. If she owns one. What she wants to own:drive: :banana: :drool:

Epigone
Dec 9th, 2004, 03:45 PM
GL, I found another interview with Lex, but this one is from the 10th of November :banana:

From what I've read, it is very interesting

I will try to translate it later and post some paraphrased points :)

Epigone
Dec 9th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Lex :worship:

I like his attitude :yeah:

I can't wait until 2005 :bounce:

Also, judging by his philosophy, I bet he thinks that Yuri is an ass.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Lex :worship:

Also, judging by his philosophy, I bet he thinks that Yuri is an ass.Everyone thinks like that.

Epigone
Dec 9th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Lex believe that players need to learn independence, and he also thinks that parents (especially in Russia) interfere in the coaching process.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2004, 04:30 PM
The psycho tennis dads want their daughter to have no friends. To be dependent on daddy.
I don't expect Vera to talk about Maria's dad, but Lex might.

Epigone
Dec 9th, 2004, 04:43 PM
I don't expect Vera to talk about Maria's dad, but Lex might.Bepa loves reading Bulgakov, and Lex says that he has read all of Nietzsche's work.

Somehow, I think that Bepa and Lex are a little more cerebral :angel:

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2004, 04:51 PM
I might write a Bulgakov and Nietzsche quiz for them.
But I'll PM it to you right before the interviews.
We'll see if they really read it.

Epigone
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Lex also talked about Darwin in his interview. He is probably very well read.

Bepa and Lex should be a team on a TV gameshow.

It would give Bepa great exposure, and they would be able to donate their winnings to charity :)

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:06 PM
I would prefer Vera wins a major:D
Or buys a great car:drive: :banana:

Epigone
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Of course, I would love nothing more than to see Bepa win majors. A tennis career lasts only a finite amount of time, and she will want to achieve as much as she can during that time.

However, I'm glad that she is already preparing for life after tennis. Having an education is important, and I'm glad that Bepa understands that. I like the fact that I support an intelligent player :)
Or buys a great car:drive: :banana:I'd love to see Bepa behind the wheel of an Aston Martin :drive:

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:20 PM
I expect Vera to play tennis for many years, and earn millions. :D :bounce:
She has plenty of time to prepare for life after tennis.
That involves relationships.:couple: :drool:

Epigone
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Education is a lifelong process.

It shouldn't stop because of a tennis career.

It doesn't take much effort to pick up a book and learn about something new.

I'd like Bepa to study something like mathematics after she has finished playing tennis, but judging by what I've read, that seems highly unlikely :sad:

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Vera needs to know math. X(X-5)=36. Show all work.
Vera can give you the results in Australia.

Epigone
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Hahaha, she isn't doing Maria's homework :p

Bepa could solve that in the blink of an eye.

She should be working on multiple integration and vector fields.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:44 PM
What's the formula for the surface of a sphere?

clonesheep
Dec 10th, 2004, 12:13 AM
What's the formula for the surface of a sphere?

If you mean the "surface area" of a sphere, it's A = 4 Pi R^2, where Pi = 3.1416 and
R is the radius of the sphere.

If you want a parametric representation of the surface of a sphere, an example is
x^2 +y^2+z^2 = R^2, where (x,y,z) are the usual spatial coordinates and R is the radius of the sphere.

Just quickly off my head. Not guarantee to be correct.

Epigone
Dec 10th, 2004, 01:54 AM
From the article "ТЕННИС И МАТЕМАТИКА ВЕРЫ ЗВОНАРЕВОЙ"
И все же удивительно: Вера никогда не мечтала стать профессиональной теннисисткой. «В детстве я мало задумывалась о своей будущей профессии. Я очень любила точные науки, моим любимым предметом была математика. Так что, не стань я теннисисткой, скорее всего, связала бы свою жизнь с математикой или информатикой», – смеется Вера.Had she not become a tennis player, Bepa says that she would have probably studied mathematics or computer science.

I think it's a real shame that she doesn't want to continue with this kind of study :sad:

What's the formula for the surface of a sphere?:banghead: GL, Bepa is not Maria Sharapova. She was educated in Russia, and should therefore have a much greater understanding of mathematics.

Therefore, my homework for Bepa is to prove the divergence theorem :)

Epigone
Dec 10th, 2004, 05:36 AM
The psycho tennis dads want their daughter to have no friends. To be dependent on daddy.Speaking of psycho dads, look what Lex says that Bepa calls him...Она называет меня иногда «сумасшедший папа». Что ж, может, я действительно сумасшедший, но я делаю все, что в ее интересах. She calls him "crazy daddy" :lol: , and he agrees that he can be crazy, but says that everything he does is in her best interest.

Daniel
Dec 10th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Vera :smooch: :hug: :D

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2004, 02:11 PM
My questions aren't simple. It depends on whether you know the topic or not.
Anyway, no one gets a passing grade at goldenlox university.
They all get left back:angel:

Ask Vera if she has a big screen tv. That's one of my favorite toys:bounce: :hearts:

Epigone
Dec 10th, 2004, 02:21 PM
My questions aren't simple. It depends on whether you know the topic or not.
Anyway, no one gets a passing grade at goldenlox university.
They all get left back:angel: I guess it's a problem when one of the students is smarter than the lecturer :p

Bepa should be in an accelerated course. She shouldn't be held back by other students
Ask Vera if she has a big screen tv. That's one of my favorite toys:bounce: :hearts:I wouldn't buy a big screen tv if I was constantly on the road. A powerful laptop computer would be much better.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Watching a tv show you like on the big screen is much better than a regular tv.
All my questions are of the highest quality:cool: Ask Vera all of them.:wavey:

Epigone
Dec 10th, 2004, 02:56 PM
If I ask Bepa all of your questions, she will :smash: me for wasting her time

I want to find out more about her junior career, and why she played the tournaments that she played.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2004, 03:00 PM
If I ask Bepa all of your questions, she will :smash: me for wasting her time.I can only hope:bounce: :D

Epigone
Dec 10th, 2004, 03:25 PM
I can only hope:bounce: :DThen you won't get any answers to your questions :p

I want to know why Bepa never played on grass before Wimbledon 2002 :scratch:

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2004, 03:29 PM
I want to know why :bowdown: Vera:inlove: agreed to let you interview her:help:

Epigone
Dec 10th, 2004, 03:40 PM
I want to know why :bowdown: Vera:inlove: agreed to let you interview her:help:She hasn't.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2004, 03:42 PM
She hasn't.Then get her after a practice.

Epigone
Dec 10th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Then get her after a practice.I will, but I also want to do a proper interview.

There are many interesting aspects of her career to discuss, and her website needs a detailed biography.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2004, 04:42 PM
If Vera reads this, she will come to your interview prepared to take my tests.:bounce:

Epigone
Dec 10th, 2004, 05:07 PM
If Vera reads this, she will come to your interview prepared to take my tests.:bounce:Bepa doesn't need your tests. I will objectively grade her. I know my stuff.

The most important test will be the new serve. I want to see accurate missiles :D

Daniel
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:31 AM
mandy :kiss:

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Bepa doesn't need your tests. I will objectively grade her. :D
You're not grading Vera. Just make sure you transcribe her answers correctly.

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 02:34 PM
You're not grading Vera. Just make sure you transcribe her answers correctly.I am talking about grading her tennis game, as I already know that she is smart. However, being smart doesn't win you tennis matches. I want to see if her skills are improving.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Just make sure to turn on the tape recorder, and ask my questions:D

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:01 PM
:bounce:1000 posts in this thread!!!:bounce:

I'd like to thank everyone here, with special mention to trolldenlox for posting some :cuckoo: stuff.

Posting is like tennis, in that you can hit a ball against a wall, and find that entertaining, but it's always more fun when you have someone on the other side of a net hitting the ball back.

Trolldenlox is like that player on the other side of the net. Sure, I am constantly blasting winners past her, but I'm really happy that she turns up to play :hug:

Most importantly, I'd also like to thank Bepa for playing such an entertaining style of tennis :worship:, and I want to wish her even more success next year.

Go out there and win some Slams!!! :D

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I have way more than a 1,000 posts in this thread.
You're just a bored Hantuchova fan.

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Just make sure to turn on the tape recorder, and ask my questions:DI'll turn on the tape recorder, and I'll take notes. Nothing will escape me.

I also want to capture Bepa's serve, FH, BH, volley, etc. on film to see if her technique has changed/is changing.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:18 PM
I don't have to announce my post total. I'm a fan of Vera, not some nutty Hantuchova fan.

Emptiness
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Awww can you feel the love, feel the chemistry. The thread name should be changed to Epi vs. Glox Eternal Disturbing Discussions.
http://www.imagelink.org/id25729.gif

I have 53 in here, thats pretty good. ;)

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:21 PM
He wakes up at 3 in the morning to spam my Vera thread,

Emptiness
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:23 PM
You own so many threads Glox, let poor Martin spam this one. ;):p

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:25 PM
I let him in here, and he can spam his heart out.
I'll keep this thread alive for Vera, when he's back with Hantuchova.

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:26 PM
I have way more than a 1,000 posts in this thread.You have 281 more posts than me, and considering I never used to post here, and I was away for 3 months this year, your lead is insignificant :p

You're just a bored Hantuchova fan.When I met Daniela in Sydney, all she did was want to shake my hand, chat with me, and autograph a ball. Had my name been D-HantuchovaFan, I would have changed it upon my arrival back home :crying2:

The Cocktail Party has been overrun by annoying n00bs, so my Daniela conversations are now generally confined to MSN.

I like Daniela. but Bepa is the complete package, and is therefore #1. That's why I spend most of my time at WTAworld.com in RR.

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:28 PM
He wakes up at 3 in the morning to spam my Vera thread,Correction...I stay up until 4 or 5am spamming this thread :p :o

Being a Bepa fan is a fulltime commitment :cool:

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I figure 3 AM is when they untie your straightjacket for a few hours.
Then it's back into your padded cell.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:38 PM
You have 281 more posts than me, and considering I never used to post here, and I was away for 3 months this year, your lead is insignificant :p

I'm not in a contest.
I'm supporting one of the best athletes in the world in this thread.
A woman of great passion, with a great work ethic.
A woman I admire. A YEC player:hearts: :bounce:

deep bass
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I'd like to thank everyone here, with special mention to trolldenlox for posting some :cuckoo: stuff.

Posting is like tennis, in that you can hit a ball against a wall, and find that entertaining, but it's always more fun when you have someone on the other side of a net hitting the ball back.

Trolldenlox is like that player on the other side of the net. Sure, I am constantly blasting winners past her, but I'm really happy that she turns up to play :hug:

I do believe that is the best back-handed compliment I have ever read!

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:47 PM
He will learn to regret that post:D

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:49 PM
A woman I admire. A YEC player:hearts: :bounce:You don't admire Bepa. I admire Bepa and Lex. You admire Anna.

Bepa isn't making the big $$$ yet, but I don't think that should be her goal. Her goal should be personal fulfilment, and she doesn't need money for that.

Imagine if Nadia and Martina Hingis decide to play together, and then Anna returns. Bepa and Anna could be a doubles team :D , but then you'd hate Bepa for stealing Anna's spotlight :sad:

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:57 PM
People think I like Anna because I defend her. She had a good career, and I want the players to enjoy their lives. Some Anna fans want Anna to be unhappy. I think they are dopes.
Vera made well over a million this year.
You are a bored Hantuchova fan.

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Some of the other Russians made a million dollars at one tournament, and that impresses you. On the other hand, Bepa doesn't make enough to satisfy you.

When I read some of your posts, I think you are (to quote The Roots, a group that Bepa hopefully has on her mp3 player :D ) "stressin to me how it's all about a dollar sign"

Tennis is more than a money earner. It's a passion. The amount of money that Bepa makes doesn't govern her happiness. She is happy when she plays good tennis. That's all that concerns me.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Winning a million $ at one tournament means you won a major or the YEC.
That's the goal for the elite players.
Vera has been grinding out a great living. But she hasn't had that big result yet.
I saw the Memphis final, and the Maria win in Montreal. I know Vera can play great tennis at the end of a long 3 set match.
Now she has to play like that in the second week of a major.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Vera and Nadia are a lot alike. The tools for a huge result are there.
But they don't play their absolute best at the biggest moments.
It's almost luck - that's how close most of the top 15 is.
You have to hit the line at a big moment.
And your opponent has to miss.

katiektc
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:07 PM
:lol: so basically ^^^^ you have to win points and your opponent has to lose those points to win matches.
thank u for clearing that one up.

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:10 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Bepa and Nadia are the players to watch in 2005, provided they improve the mental aspect of their respective games.

I can't wait to see what Lex can do. He has got one hell of a canvas with which to work :D

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:13 PM
I'm thinking about close matches at big moments.
Maria was down 2-6, 0-2, ad out to Lindsay. Lindsay hit a ball deep into her backhand corner.
Maria hit a crosscourt winner that was just inside the line.
If that misses, Lindsay serves up a set and 2 breaks.
That shot won Wimbledon. And it was probably pure luck that it wasn't wide.

katiektc
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:15 PM
"that one shot won wimbledon"
i didnt realise it was so easy to win 7 matches.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:18 PM
That one shot kept her in the match. Almost everyone who wins a major has a moment like that.

katiektc
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:21 PM
im pretty sure if she had lost that point it would not have been distasterous,considering the score of the 2nd set.
but the point is that vera has not yet been ready to win big matches.
i hope that changes in 2005.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:23 PM
It would have been Lindsay serving at 6-2, 3-0. Two breaks.
Vera was up 3-0 in the second set against Lindsay, one break. And couldn't hold it.
I didn't see that match at Wimbledon.
But when Vera was up a break against Maria in Montreal, she hit the line in a long rally at 30-30, 5-4 in the third.
That shot gave her a matchpoint.
It's one or two key shots. You need to make them at the biggest moments.

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Bepa creates so many problems for herself, but I think that she is also unlucky.

Had that ball been called out in the KC match against Nastya, things could have been very different.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:28 PM
That Maria match was deuce, not 30-30. Vera was down 15-40, and hit two aces. Then she hit the baseline. Then another good serve.
That's what you have to do. Paint the lines at the biggest moments.

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:31 PM
I know she came up with two aces in the Maria match.

I'm talking about when she was screwed by a bad call at the Kremlin Cup. A ball hit by Nastya was long, but called in. That gave Nastya a MP, instead of giving Bepa a GP.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:33 PM
But in the majors, Vera's only big win was against Venus, the 2003 FO.
Vera needs some luck in the second week of a major.

katiektc
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:37 PM
:lol: ...oh my,such wisdom. have u thought about coaching?

pav
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Call for the match referee!

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:40 PM
This isn't coaching. This is what happens when top players meet at a major.
It comes down to who plays better at the big moments.
Sometimes one big shot turns the match around.
But you have to make a lot of key shots in big moments to get a million $ check.

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:41 PM
:lol: ...oh my,such wisdom. have u thought about coaching?Please don't encourage her :crying2:

Everyone needs some luck to go their way. I just hate it when incompetent linespeople mess up good matches.

That's what happened at the KC.

katiektc
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:44 PM
sometimes a point may have the capability of turning around a match, but it ultimately depends on the player to maintain that momentum and standard of play to actually change the scoreline in their favour.
and yes, u do have to make a lot of key shots in big moments to get million $ checks. its called being a good player and worthy title holder.

katiektc
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Epi, crappy linescalling is the most irritating thing about watching tennis matches.
like serena at USO, :lol: that line call was crucial...and serena rightly blew up about it.
but i dont think line calls decide matches.
do u think bepa would have won the KC had the line call went the other way?

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:50 PM
do u think bepa would have won the KC had the line call went the other way?I have no idea. All I know is that Bepa saved the MP, and then at least one more. Had the ball been called out, and had she won the next point (as she did), the match would have gone to a TB.

The last TB Bepa and Nastya played ended at 17-15.

I don't know what would have happened, but the match wouldn't have ended 7-5 in the 3rd

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:51 PM
and yes, u do have to make a lot of key shots in big moments to get million $ checks. its called being a good player and worthy title holder.That's what Vera and Nadia haven't been doing. They don't play their best at the biggest moments.
So 3 other Russians have won majors. And Lena D. reached 2 finals.
Vera and Nadia can play as well as all of them.
But they haven't shown it at the majors.

katiektc
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:55 PM
those other russina's have consistently proven they r better players though. hence their higher ranking.
vera has the capability to be in the top ten and regularly challenge all the other russian girls.
but as yet,she has not be able to do this.
hopefully in 2005 she will make the next step up.

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Bepa blew her 2002 USO match against Kim, was up a break against Nadia at RG in 2003, was up a break against Lindsay at Wimbledon this year, and threw away her USO match against Elena D.

That kind of play has to stop! :sobbing:

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:57 PM
The higher ranking comes from those majors. Elena D. got 1650 points from her 2 slam finals.
That's almost half her 2004 points.
If Vera wins a major, she adds 1,000 points. And she's top 7.

katiektc
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:59 PM
you say "wins a major" as if it is an easy thing to do. its not. in 2004 vera wasnt ready to win a major. not near ready.
unless u count masha, who had an extreme gift of luck at wimby (only 2 of her 7 matches were against players in the top15!!!!!) most other slams have to be worked for.damn hard.
lena d had a crap start to the year. she got better and better.

katiektc
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:01 PM
vera didnt just throw those matches away...the other players moved up a gear.
while she cried.

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:04 PM
you say "wins a major" as if it is an easy thing to do. its not. in 2004 vera wasnt ready to win a major. not near ready.Sorry, but if Nastya can win the French Open, Bepa sure as hell can. I believe that she was physically ill during her match with Serna, and I think that blew her 2004 campaign.

GL, I'll get the full story for you ;)

katiektc
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:06 PM
nastys is the 3rd best player in the world....:)

Epigone
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:12 PM
nastys is the 3rd best player in the world....:)But not very good on clay :)

Compare Bepa's clay results with Nastya clay results

Except for the FO title, Nastya has underperformed on clay

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:23 PM
I saw Vera play Nastya, Maria and Sveta this summer.
Vera can play at the same level they can.
It's just a matter of timing. When you play your best.
I agree with Luke Jensen. Vera has the ability of a #1. She has to learn how to bring it with her when she needs it.

katiektc
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Vera has the ability to beat all the players. its turning ability into reality thats the problem.
overall nastya is the better player at the minute,which is why she has a higher ranking.
and clay results means nothing. nastya will be remembered as the FO 2004 champion. noone will make allowances in the future for veras poor health.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Nastya faced a matchpoint in the fourth round of RG.
That's how close the competition is.
Vera will have her chance, and she'll make millions, even without a major.
But she has the talent to win majors.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Vera -

http://img114.exs.cx/img114/8070/15l4pp.jpg

katiektc
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:55 PM
i know vera has the talent and ability to win majors. in bucketfuls.
so do about 15 other girls.
but i believe one day she will one.
she has amazing eyes.

Epigone
Dec 12th, 2004, 02:15 AM
I'm sure that Bepa will win more Slam titles.

As far as I'm concerned, she has a chance to come away with a GS title from every Slam next year, as long as she is playing mixed doubles with Bob Bryan. ;)

The singles title is by far the most important, but a mixed doubles title is still a great achievement.

Daniel
Dec 12th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Go VEra :kiss:

Epigone
Dec 12th, 2004, 12:13 PM
http://img114.exs.cx/img114/5549/kjkhj9vz.jpg

:dance:

katiektc
Dec 12th, 2004, 12:20 PM
nice pic!! :yeah:

katiektc
Dec 12th, 2004, 12:23 PM
was just looking at some of bepa's 2004 results...in most of her losses she seems to have won the first set pretty easily,then went on to lose the match..:confused:
is this just because of her emotional problems on court?
it got better as the year went on though.

Epigone
Dec 12th, 2004, 01:16 PM
is this just because of her emotional problems on court?It's really hard to say. Sometimes her opponent will step up, and other times, she won't be happy with the way she is playing and lose her head.

it got better as the year went on though.I don't think so.

In her SF and final matches from Philadelphia, she got :shout: when leading Nadia in the 2nd set, and then she lost a break lead, and she got :shout: in the final against Mauresmo when she had won the 1st set.

Same story in the YEC, except she wasn't leading there. However, the emotional outbursts caused her to perform below her best (ignoring physical and emotional fatigue).

I'll ask her about it, and I hope that I don't get the stock standard answer (which is why I'll ask Lex the same thing ;) ).

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2004, 04:17 PM
was just looking at some of bepa's 2004 results...in most of her losses she seems to have won the first set pretty easily,then went on to lose the match..:confused:
is this just because of her emotional problems on court?
it got better as the year went on though.She lost her first set in the Memphis final, survived a mp at 2-5 in the third, and won.
Vera lost her first set to Maria in Montreal, and won.
Vera doesn't have the consistency of the very top players.
She can play on that level, but not for long enough periods of time.

katiektc
Dec 12th, 2004, 04:39 PM
out of vera's 27 losses this year, 12 were 3 set matches. 8 of those 3 set matches had bepa been 1 set up:

Gold Coast - Kuznetsova 1-6 6-3 6-2
Sydney - Davenport 1-6 6-2 7-5
Indian Wells - Dechy 2-6 6-2 6-3
Eastbourne - Kuznetsova 3-6 7-6 6-1
LA - Serena 4-6 6-3 6-3
US Open - Dementieva 1-6 6-4 6-3
Moscow - Myskina 4-6 6-0 7-5
Philadelphia - Mauresmo 3-6 6-2 6-2

is this consistency problems? or is it :crying:

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2004, 04:44 PM
I think it's consistency. At Eastbourne, she was serving for the match, 2 points away.
She made a bad UE, then df'ed. Then she lost her focus, and was outplayed.
Against Serena, Vera's level dropped late in the third.
I didn't see the other ones.

katiektc
Dec 12th, 2004, 05:19 PM
The 4th round USO against dementieva was bizarre. bepa was in control of the match,lena was playing pretty bad,hitting UE's all over the place.bepa wasnt playing her best,but was much better than lena. at a set and 2-0 up,bepa threw her racket,started shouting at herself,talking to herself and crying at change overs and between points.
great entertainment to watch. but bizarre.
as soon as she started crying etc her game level dropped.
to be fair lena started playing a lot better but vera certainly helped her by losing control.

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Vera showed almost no emotion in her RG loss.
But in her good effort against Myskina in San Diego, she was showing her emotions.

katiektc
Dec 12th, 2004, 05:26 PM
i didnt see either of those matches. i love when she shows her emotions. its great to watch. although it affects her game, and her opponents. id rather she showed emotions that being made of stone.
at the USO, the commentators had a field day with her.

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2004, 05:30 PM
I don't think her emotional outbursts are bad.
Like I said before, it's a matter of making big shots at key moments.
Vera and Nadia can beat the top players.
They have to peak in week 2 of a major. I think a lot of it is luck.
Nastya only won one match at RG in her career until this year. And she had a weak spring.
Then she peaked at the right time. It's almost luck.
You have to take advantage of your opportunities.
And Vera did not do that several times this year. Especially RG.

katiektc
Dec 12th, 2004, 05:38 PM
true. but isnt taking opportunities what sets aside vera from the top ten. there is missing opportunities and there is throwing away matches.
the start of 2005 is key for vera. she could go far in AO and i hope she does.
though i would be surprised if she got to the final.
she has great potential, but has to keep working hard. im not sure she is ready to threaten slam titles yet.

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2004, 05:40 PM
For a lot of players, I think the start of 2005 is vital.
For Vera, it's important to not get overly excited.
Just play her normal game. And keep working hard.
I think Vera puts too much pressure on herself.
She's doing great. Just enjoy each day, and keep improving.

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 01:35 AM
She lost her first set in the Memphis final, survived a mp at 2-5 in the third, and won.She actually saved 3MPs

Vera doesn't have the consistency of the very top players.
She can play on that level, but not for long enough periods of time.That's the real problem. Bepa's best will stack up against anyone, but she rarely maintains that level of play. I guess the Cpariati match in Philadelphia was the one time this year that she really kept up the momentum.

Vera showed almost no emotion in her RG loss.I still maintain that something wasn't right in the match. She probably just wanted to get off court :sad:

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 01:55 AM
true. but isnt taking opportunities what sets aside vera from the top ten. there is missing opportunities and there is throwing away matches.
I'm not sure how many times it was a case of "if Bepa wins the next match, she'll be in the top 10" this year, but it was a lot.

Her number of quality points relative to those players above her is poor, and that's an area that needs to be improved in 2005. She needs to beat some top players at the Slams next year. The French Open and USO were blown opportunities to pick up some good points, and she will struggle to move up the rankings if she can't take advantage of these kinds of chances.

Daniel
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:41 AM
we saw that any times in2004 but she failes many times as well :o

maybe she learned the lesson and will take every chance she has in 2005 :)

mandy7
Dec 13th, 2004, 12:11 PM
mandy :kiss:
Daniel :smooch:

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:06 PM
we saw that any times in2004 but she failes many times as well :o
Vera is extremely successful. To say she fails means only 5 or 6 women in the world aren't failing.
Vera made the YEC. She is very close to the top of her sport.
She will retire a multi-millionaire.
It's just a question of whether or not Vera can peak in week 2 of a major.

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:35 PM
It's not just about peaking during the second week of a Slam.

It's also about reaching QFs and SFs of regular tournaments, and defeating higher-ranked players to advance to the next round.

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Vera has done that several times. She just did it in Philly.
I want a big major from Vera.
I thought her draw was good at the US Open, but Lena D. is a great fighter.
I thought her draw was good at RG, but Sharapova is good. You have to work hard to hold serve against her.

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Vera has done that several times. She just did it in Philly.She screwed up at Eastbourne, and had a great chance in LA.
I want a big major from Vera. Of course, this should be the primary goal.
I thought her draw was good at the US Open, but Lena D. is a great fighter.Bepa defeated herself by having a massive breakdown while leading.
I thought her draw was good at RG, but Sharapova is good. You have to work hard to hold serve against her.Her worst clay performance of the year, but it could have been caused by a virus. She really struggled towards the end of the match with Serna.

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:49 PM
She screwed up at Eastbourne.Vera was 2 points from the Eastbourne final.
Graham D. is calling you. Go back to your true home:wavey:

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Vera was 2 points from the Eastbourne final.Exactly. Had she won two points, she would have made the final. That was a blown chance of the highest order.
Graham D. is calling you. Go back to your true home:wavey:Graham D. hasn't posted in the Cocktail Party for at least 8 months because there was a revolution. You had better brush up on your facts :p

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Vera reached finals and semi-finals in 2004. If she can do that at a major, she will be on her way to the top 5.:bounce:
I don't read Hantuchova's forum. But I figure Sharapova's forum will implode soon also.:lol:

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Vera reached finals and semi-finals in 2004.However, she didn't really take advantage of those chances :sad:
If she can do that at a major, she will be on her way to the top 5.:bounce: For sure, and I think that will happen in 2005
I don't read Hantuchova's forum.Then why do you believe that I'm such a big Daniela fan?
But I figure Sharapova's forum will implode soon also.:lol:I guess that would be a shame...:tape:

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Then why do you believe that I'm such a big Daniela fan?
...:tape:
I remember this thread last year. I don't remember you here. Just with Hantuchova.
And I've seen the Hantuchova fans spread out. They love to post.

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:19 PM
I remember this thread last year. I don't remember you here. Just with Hantuchova.
And I've seen the Hantuchova fans spread out. They love to post.Yes, I posted only there because there was a nice community feeling in the Cocktail Party. Most of my friends from this board are Daniela fans. RR seemed quite different.

However, this year, I made an effort to post in the threads of other players that I like. I'm still disappointed with the time that I've allocated to Nadia and Vera D., but hopefully that will change next year. I can't be like you and post in every thread.

Anyway, the main thing is that I'm here now, keeping this thread near the top of the list, and providing many insightful comments.

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Anyway, the main thing is that I'm here now, keeping this thread near the top of the list, and providing many insightful comments.:lol: :lol:

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Okay, I finally stopped laughing about your "insightful comments"
This was a very lively thread last year.
Vera beat Venus, and her potential looked unlimited.
Then she seemed to hit a wall, just outside the top 10.:banghead:
She's still in front of that wall, but in 2005, Vera will bring explosives:timebomb:

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:29 PM
:lol: :lol:Miss Lox, I do more than quote myself, which is what some posters seem to have a habit of doing :scratch:

I present a balanced analysis of Bepa, and don't treat her as a giant $.

In particular, look at my predictions for the US Open mixed doubles final, the Kremlin Cup doubles final, and the Fed Cup doubles final. In those three cases, she played in a manner that I predicted.

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:33 PM
What I like about tennis is that the players can earn serious money.
I hope Vera retires as a multi-millionaire. I'm sure she will.
I predicted Vera would beat Maria in Montreal. Vera has to bring that form to Australia, and keep improving on it.

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:48 PM
What I like about tennis is that the players can earn serious money.
I hope Vera retires as a multi-millionaire. I'm sure she will.I'm also sure she will have lots of money, but I'm :sad: about what she wants to do after tennis.

She could be the multiple GS winner who then turned away from tennis, and became a mathematics professor at Moscow State University :worship:

However, the most important thing is that she does exactly what will bring the greatest fulfilment to her life. That means that there probably won't be a Professor Zvonareva :crying2:

I predicted Vera would beat Maria in Montreal. Vera has to bring that form to Australia, and keep improving on it.Bepa needs to bring form that would have defeated Maria in 2.

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:50 PM
I'm going to have to test Vera's math knowledge. I score very high on my math tests.
I'll give you some college level math questions for Vera.

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:58 PM
GL, what kinda stuff are you studying?

Whatever it is, I bet that Bepa will smoke your questions :cool:

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:00 PM
I'm studying calculus. In three dimensions.

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:06 PM
I'm studying calculus. In three dimensions.:yeah: to you for being a good student.

With regards to your little test, I say bring it on!

As I said earlier, I'll be there to investigate whether or not her tennis has improved since Philadelphia. I hope that she gets high marks in all aspects of her game.

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:11 PM
It's a long year. And Vera rarely takes time off.
She's a grinder. A real workaholic.
The top players have an unreal work ethic.
I don't know how they do it. I like to relax.:zzz:

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:16 PM
I think that a lot of people were surprised that she decided to play Philadelphia in an attempt to qualify for the YEC. I thought that she should have gone home and had a long sleep.

Despite the criticism in the GM forum, I think that she gained a lot of respect for her gutsy effort. However, there is no way that I want to see her playing 26 tournaments again next year :(

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:21 PM
The players want to play. Just like Kim played all the time.
The don't want to practice, they want matches.
If Vera goes deep into a lot of draws, she needs to rest up.
If she has some early round losses, it doesn't matter.

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Bepa is an ironwoman, and despite that, she has remained fairly injury free. However, she has to listen to the signals given out by her body. If her head tells her to play, but her body tells her to rest, she should listen to her body. I don't want her tearing anything :sad:

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:33 PM
That's something to ask Vera about. Her health. And how many years she wants to play on the tour.
And her career goals.

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:41 PM
I want her to have some fun, earn some money, and then get out before her body starts failing. There's no point in wrecking for future quality of life by staying on for too long.

However, I think that the retirement age being talked about by Nastya is a bit premature. Bepa has to find the right balance. In the future (many years down the track), maybe she would like to cut down on singles, and focus on doubles.

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:43 PM
It's hard to give up tennis when you earn millions of dollars, and you've been doing it all your life.
Frazier and Raymond are over 30. Vera will probably play for many more years.

Epigone
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:52 PM
It's hard to give up tennis when you earn millions of dollars, and you've been doing it all your life.
Frazier and Raymond are over 30. Vera will probably play for many more years.But there are also players who have other interests outside of tennis, and would maybe like to pursue those interests.

However, I do think that most players will continue to play for as long as they feel healthy, and as long as they can stand travelling. Anyway, I think that Bepa has many years left, so I'm not going to think about her retirement at the moment.

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 12:35 AM
For those of you who want to be like Bepa, go here (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/player.html?ccode=VZVONAREVA).

However, Bepa uses a Fischer bag, so I don't know why the adidas one is there :scratch:

deep bass
Dec 14th, 2004, 12:51 AM
That Adidas gear she uses isn't so awful, overall, and I understand the need for Adidas to build a Brand image through player usage, but the outfit she was wearing at the FC final was so much better.
Bepa, be a Diva, and demand to be able to wear interesting clothes. TY.

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 01:41 AM
I think it's silly that her training outfits often suit her better than the outfits that she wears during matches.

example (http://www.nickaweb.com/PhotoTennis/Zvonareva7_montreal2004.jpg)

Daniel
Dec 14th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Thanks Epigone :)

pav
Dec 14th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Quote -I think it's silly that her training outfits often suit her better than the outfits that she wears during matches.

That is right when You look through the pics! Go the training outfits

and please! be on the lookout for infiltrating Hantuchova fans :)

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Ask Vera about the semi in San Diego against Nastya.
The Tennis Channel showed that match, and the doubles match afterwards.
Vera and Lena L. lost, but both played great in Montreal.
Vera must have been exhausted after that evening.

Ask Vera how many pair of shoes she owns. And her favorites.

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Ask Vera about the semi in San Diego against Nastya.
The Tennis Channel showed that match, and the doubles match afterwards.
Vera and Lena L. lost, but both played great in Montreal.
Vera must have been exhausted after that evening.She also had to back up and play the doubles final after winning the singles final at Memphis. I heard that her partner didn't provide much help...

Ask Vera how many pair of shoes she owns. And her favorites.:yawn:, but we'll see. Maybe she likes Manolo Blahniks?

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 02:23 PM
You don't understand what's important to girls. I know what questions to ask.

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 02:31 PM
I know that girls like t-shirts that sport funny statements.

I might present Bepa with a t-shirt that says "Grow your own dope...plant a goldenlox"

All of the players who read these boards will be envious of Bepa's shirt, as they'll realise how the statement is both witty, and true :p :angel:

But I know do a little about fashion, so I'm sure I can construct some questions that will yield some interesting information.

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 02:33 PM
I saw that pic of you with Douchevina, and fashion is not your strong point.
:lol: :tape:

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 02:51 PM
I saw that pic of you with Douchevina, and fashion is not your strong point.
:lol: :tape::lol: GL, I was going for practicality! I couldn't carry a full designer wardrobe around with me :rolleyes: ;)

Back to Bepa...I think that she should get some Hermes stuff. The Kelly bag :drool: would be my #1 pick, and they also have some nice silk scarves that I think would suit her.

Win the French Open, and then go shopping in Paris :hearts:

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Ask Vera if she goes shopping when she's travelling around the world.
A lot of these girls grew up with very little, and aren't comfortable spending money.

I was reading an interview by Dinara, her favorite food is McDonalds. Her favorite hobby is going to movies and watching tv. A lot of girls on the tour are like that.
But Vera is near the top, and earns a lot. So she can be either a big shopper, or thrifty.

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Ask Vera if she goes shopping when she's travelling around the world.
A lot of these girls grew up with very little, and aren't comfortable spending money.:yeah:

Personally, I think that she is probably thrifty, and that's a good thing.

I don't think that her clothes come from designer boutiques, unless it's some Russian designer with whom we aren't familiar.

In New Russia, brands are very important. These players can afford expensive watches, clothes, and jewellery, but I don't think they need material possessions to stand out. Their tennis does the talking for them :worship:

But in regards to shopping habits, I found this:If you were going to treat yourself to something after a successful tournament, what would you buy?
That's hard because everyday I want something different! But after I won the Orange Bowl I bought myself a scooter. That was fun!link (http://www.wtatour.com/gettingtoknow/stories/gtk_Vera_Zvonareva_2769_rx.asp)
However, that interview was done in April last year, and now Bepa has much more money.

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:11 PM
I remember that interview. It seems like a long time ago.
Vera has done a tremendous job, getting to #11 in the world.
And she should enjoy her success. And that means $hopping!:D :bounce:

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:20 PM
And she should enjoy her success. And that means $hopping!:D :bounce:She should get contracts to promote products, and that way she won't need to spend as much money buying overpriced junk :D

I heard somewhere that Maria has a TAG Heuer watch deal. I wish Bepa had a deal with Audemars Piguet. Those watches are :hearts: . Then, two of my sporting heroes (http://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/news/montoya_shangai.html) would be wearing those watches.

Sadly, I highly doubt that her profile high enough for such a deal :sad:. However, maybe she can promote another brand of watch. I hope her agent is getting some ideas :p

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Vera might have a watch deal. A lot of the top players do.
It's like a clothing deal, most top players have them.
These exhibitions that are coming up are easy money for the top players.
But the big money is the clothing deal. The best thing for Vera is to win a major right before her current Adidas deal ends.
Then she can get some big buck$.:drool:
But she's earning well over $1 million a year. So she's doing great now.:D
And she should enjoy it. And feel proud of herself.:hearts: :bounce:

katiektc
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:28 PM
lena d hasnt many endorsements...she did a stint for samsung but that was a while ago.
vera should be able to get a few big deals over in russia,but im not sure she is big enough yet to get deals in UK or US as only tennis fans know of her. unlike sharapova and williams, etc who are "superstars"

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Vera is in a great situation. She makes a lot of money, even though she hasn't had a huge major yet.
Vera will retire a multi-millionaire, and she doesn't have the public scrutiny of the big names.
And if she wins a major, her agent can go wild, and make a lot of deals.

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:42 PM
I want her to go back to Nike. She could get personalised Air Force Ones to wear off court :D

I don't care about how much money she makes. She needs a good clothing deal so that she doesn't look weird on court, and she needs her face plastered on more billboards than the other Russians.

Oh, and she needs to take two titles next month in Australia :bigclap:

the cat
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:47 PM
It's nice to see you 2 getting along so well. Maybe it's the holiday spirit. :)

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Ask Vera who she hangs out with at tournaments. Does she eat in her hotel room, or go out?

the cat
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:57 PM
I bet she hangs out with Masha and her team. ;)

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Ask Vera who she hangs out with at tournaments.At the very least, I think that she hangs out with Sveta, Elena L. and Nastya. I'm pretty sure they all get on well together.

Does she eat in her hotel room, or go out?I wonder if she gets the chefs in the hotel kitchen to make her Russian food :scratch:

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I wonder if she goes to McDonalds with Dinara:lick: :D

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 04:22 PM
I wonder if she goes to McDonalds with Dinara:lick: :DI bet she loves the cookies, They are :drool:

McDonald's stores in Russia are crazy. People don't understand the concept of a line, and everyone barges the counter when the cashier person waves their flag. I hope Bepa has someone go and get her extra large Big Mac meal for her.

Many hands could go places if Bepa tried to approach the counter :o :fiery:

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 04:27 PM
I saw Vera on the Tennis Channel, and she says she prefers Russian cuisine to American.
Ask her what her favorite foods are. And if she experiments with local cuisine as she travels the world.

the cat
Dec 14th, 2004, 04:30 PM
I thought you didn't like junk food, GL. ;) I doubt world class athletes like Vera and Dinara spend much time at McDonalds.

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 04:35 PM
I don't go to McDonalds very often, if at all.
But Dinara said it's her favorite food.

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Ask her what her favorite foods are.She was asked that in an interview. I will post the translation tomorrow. I can tell you that part of her breakfast consists of Cornflakes.

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 04:48 PM
I've heard her at IW say what her favorite foods are.
But times change. Vera should talk food. And shoes. And fashion designers.
That's a real interview.

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Vera should talk food. And shoes. And fashion designers.
That's a real interview.I'm not interviewing Maria for Seventeen magazine :rolleyes:

I want to discuss tennis, and some more cerebral topics...mathematics, philosophy, etc.

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 05:01 PM
You can ask more than philosophy. Vera is a person, not a machine.
Treat her as the woman that she is.

katiektc
Dec 14th, 2004, 05:01 PM
she may have said before..but ask bepa what her favourite tourny is :bounce:

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 05:06 PM
You can ask more than philosophy. Vera is a person, not a machine.
Treat her as the woman that she is.It would be awkward :o

I don't want to ask things that are too personal :angel:

Epigone
Dec 14th, 2004, 05:07 PM
she may have said before..but ask bepa what her favourite tourny is :bounce:Kremlin Cup :)

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 05:10 PM
It would be awkward :o

I don't want to ask things that are too personal :angel:I'm going to assume this is your attempt at humor:tape:
It's okay to ask Vera about fashion and style.
A wealthy, successful woman like Vera is probably interested in fashion.
If she's not, then ask her for the formula of the volume of a sphere.

katiektc
Dec 14th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Epi when is your planned interview with bepa and how did u manage this?
u are a very lucky ducky!!! :bounce:

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 05:29 PM
I bet Vera doesn't let him come near her.:lol:

Emptiness
Dec 14th, 2004, 06:02 PM
And comes back and changes his sig to "Hantuchova fan 4eva...I believe in her!!!". http://www.imagelink.org/id25762.gif

I hope that "4eva" was another Epi attempt at humor. ;):p

goldenlox
Dec 14th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Vera will avoid him, he'll run back to Hantuchova's forum, and I'll have this thread all to myself again:D :bounce:

t_fan
Dec 14th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Sorry if it already had been posted here. Sort of a TV interview/talk show on the Russian TV with Tarpischev and Vera. Aired on 30.11.2004. Understanding of Russian is recommended :)
Night fly with Andrei Maksimov (http://www.atv.ru/video3/1104/3011-3.asf)

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 12:26 AM
I bet Vera doesn't let him come near her.:lol:Even Dinara is yet to call security on me, so I should be okay :o

I hope that "4eva" was another Epi attempt at humor.;):pEpi doesn't just attempt humour...Epi succeeds at humour :cool:

BTW, that wasn't meant to be funny, and my signature will soon be in for a major overhaul. *Sneak preview* Bepa's name will become even more prominent :eek:

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Woohoo!!!!!

Tennis Warehouse has the 2005 adidas line :woohoo:
Check it out! (http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/ProductImages/AWCTK-BL.JPG)
Bepa could wear polka dots! I just think that pattern would look better as a two-piece outfit, but I guess it's still an improvement :D

Interestingly, there were outfits that I think Bepa could have worn, but didn't...

Fall/Winter '04 Group Top #1 (http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/big/AWW3ST-BK-big.jpg)
Fall/Winter '04 Group Top #2 (http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/big/AWW3ST-BL-big.jpg)
Fall/Winter '04 Group Skirt #1 (http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/big/AWW3SSK-BK-big.jpg)
Fall/Winter '04 Group Skirt #2 (http://av.tennis-warehouse.com/big/AWW3SSK-BL-big.JPG)

Summer/Fall '04 Group Top #1 (http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/big/AW3STKY-big.jpg)
Summer/Fall '04 Group Top #2 (http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/big/AW3STPY-big.jpg)
Summer/Fall '04 Group Skirt #1 (http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/big/AW3SKY-big.jpg)

Those are some nice outfits :)

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 02:44 AM
Sorry if it already had been posted here. Sort of a TV interview/talk show on the Russian TV with Tarpischev and Vera. Aired on 30.11.2004. Understanding of Russian is recommended :)
Night fly with Andrei Maksimov (http://www.atv.ru/video3/1104/3011-3.asf)t_fan, thank you sooooo much for posting this clip! :worship:

Generally, nobody who normally posts in this thread (apart from ys, Verba, and you) posts anything in Russian. I think it's better to post something again, rather than assume that it has been posted before, since then we won't miss out on anything :)

If you can find other Bepa interviews, please post them here :bowdown:

Daniel
Dec 15th, 2004, 06:38 AM
Hope she wears some new outgfits in the AO :)

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 07:18 AM
I'm sure that she won't be wearing 2004 model clothes next year, despite her wearing 2003 model clothes to begin 2004

I liked the Fed Cup final outfit, but the other outfits made me :crying2:

Incidentally, I like what she was wearing in that video :yeah:

DEETHELICK
Dec 15th, 2004, 08:28 AM
I hope Vera is resting well and using the cool climate of Russia to cool down her hot temper and mentally refresh for next year.

I'd like to see her reach another GS QF at the AO. She certainly has the game to do that and this court should favour her too.

Good luck Vera! Keep working hard and improving your concentration. And no more overplaying!!

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 02:38 PM
The tennis federation of Moscow region was recognized the best one

Moscow, December 4, 2004. At the ceremony of tennis nominations awards "Russian Cup - 2004" the President of Tennis Federation of Moscow region, CenterTelecom general director Ruben Amaryan was awarded in The Best Regional Federation nomination.

The Russian and western big tennis stars, businessmen and politicians, cultural workers took part in the award ceremony. Traditionally this award is given to the best sportsmen, coaches and people promoting the development of the Russian tennis.

In 2004 women’s picked tennis team was recognized the team of the year, and Marat Safin was named the best tennis player of the year. Nadezhda Petrova won the nomination "The Best player in the paired performance". Boris Sobkin, the instructor of Mikhail Yuzhny, became the Coach of the Year. Yuri Yudkin was recognized the Best Children's Coach of the Year. Vera Zvonareva, Maria Sharapova and Anastasia Myskina were awarded the certificates Merited of Sports.link (http://www.centertelecom.ru/index.html?d=199&nid=276)

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Here's Vera's interview after playing Dementieva at the US Open -

http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/2004usopen/090504VZ.html

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Here's Vera's interview after playing Dementieva at the US Open -

http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/2004usopen/090504VZ.htmlSeen it a number of times, and can't bear to read it again :sad:

But I do like this: Q. Were you angry because you thought, before you came on court, if you played your best, you could beat Elena?
VERA ZVONAREVA: Yeah, of course. You know, I know if I could play my best on the court, then I could win any match. But, you know, maybe I was angry because I wasn't playing my best today. I just wish that she would convert her chances :crying2:

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:05 PM
I saw t-fan's post here. He was here once over the summer, I think.
But the non-stop Anastasia bashing he was doing made me want to re-name him.

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:06 PM
GL, the clip t_fan posted was 25 minutes long :bigclap:

Sure, Tarpischev was sitting on the couch, but Bepa was speaking Russian for maybe 10 minutes!!! :dance: :woohoo:

NOBODY can top that post! :bowdown:

As far as I'm concerned, t_fan deserves a free pass :)

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:11 PM
I haven't given you a free pass yet:wavey: :angel:

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:15 PM
I haven't given you a free pass yet:wavey: :angel:I don't need one from you :p

After seeing that video, I don't know if I can interview Bepa :sad:

Oh, and :fiery: at Andrei Maksimov for speaking over her

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:17 PM
You can ask questions in both Russian and English.
Her English is very good. She prefers to speak Russian.

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:22 PM
I'm intimidated by her. I don't know if I'll even be able to look her in the eyes :o

The video sent me crashing back to earth.

Anyway, I guess I'll have a job to do, so I'll have to find a way to deal with it.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:26 PM
I'm intimidated by her. I don't know if I'll even be able to look her in the eyes :o
Vera doesn't want to make eye-contact with you.
She might want to give her fans some more information about herself. That's great.
But you're just there to put on the tape recorder. And to give her my questions.

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Vera doesn't want to make eye-contact with you.She has made eye contact with me before, as have other players. Some players have even indicated that they wanted to shake hands with me :)

She might want to give her fans some more information about herself. That's great.
But you're just there to put on the tape recorder. And to give her my questions.She doesn't deserve to be subjected to your foolish questions :p

Have you looked at the video yet? What do you think of it?

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:44 PM
I watched it. And I've seen Vera interviewed before. I think Vera holds back, doesn't want to give too much of her real thoughts. And that's good.
I want Vera to enjoy her life. Being in the top 15 in the world is very hard to do.
She will do even better. But enjoy the whole journey.

Emptiness
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Epi why are you so nervous, just calm down and think of Vera like a regular person, i'm sure she thinks of herself as one. You'll do great... just you know, don't drool.

I think Vera gives calculated answers.

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:52 PM
I think Bepa was looking extremely radiant :)

Her agent should be out trying to get her more product endorsements. Her smile could stop traffic :D

And the WTA should be promoting her as a star. I think that the added support would really help to boost her confidence

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:55 PM
The WTA can't promote her as a star until she wins a major.
But she's doing great. $1 million in prizemoney this year.
Very few college girls earn anywhere near that.

Vera has a long, successful career in front of her. And she will retire as a very accomplished and wealthy young woman.

Just give her :bowdown: my questions, and make sure the tape recorder is on.:nerner:

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Epi why are you so nervous, just calm down and think of Vera like a regular person, i'm sure she thinks of herself as one. In the video, she looks like she is giving off a glow. Regular people don't do that :angel:

You'll do great... just you know, don't drool.Thanks :o

I need one of those things that dentists use to suck the spit out of my mouth :D

I think Vera gives calculated answers.Like GL said, she is quite closed with her answers. "My opponent played well, and I didn't play my best tennis"

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:03 PM
The WTA can't promote her as a star until she wins a major.
Daniela Hantuchova has a Gold Exempt WC, and she is in the group ahead of Bepa. The WTA is obviously trying to promote her, despite her not having won a singles major.

You saw Bepa in the video, so what does Daniela have that Bepa is lacking?

Emptiness
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:06 PM
In the video, she looks like she is giving off a glow. Regular people don't do that :angel:Well she's been in Moscow for awhile (?), maybe her one of her boyfriends are there. http://www.imagelink.org/id25824.gif

I need one of those things that dentists use to suck the spit out of my mouth :DBe sure to get one thats silent, the noise could be quite a distraction.

I think Vera has a lot going on inside and is hesitant to let anyone have a real glance at her.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Daniela Hantuchova has a Gold Exempt WC, and she is in the group ahead of Bepa. The WTA is obviously trying to promote her, despite her not having won a singles major.

You saw Bepa in the video, so what does Daniela have that Bepa is lacking?IMG promoted Hantuchova. Also Harkleroad and Sharapova.
That's good for the WTA, when a huge company calls sponsors, trying to get them to use their client.

Vera will do fine. She's already doing great.
You can't think about the negatives when you're an athlete.
You have to be positive, and work towards having improved results.

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Well she's been in Moscow for awhile (?), maybe her one of her boyfriends are there. http://www.imagelink.org/id25824.gifThat's a possibility, but one that I choose to ignore :p

With reference to that name you gave me :o , how could I have Bepa's babies? I'm not anatomically equipped to do that :lol:

Be sure to get one thats silent, the noise could be quite a distraction.She might get irritated and break a racquet over my head. Then I would ask if I could keep it at a souvenir :D

I think Vera has a lot going on inside and is hesitant to let anyone have a real glance at her.I understand why she may want to be guarded. People might want to bring her down :mad:

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:27 PM
IMG promoted Hantuchova. Also Harkleroad and Sharapova.
That's good for the WTA, when a huge company calls sponsors, trying to get them to use their client.If I was managing Bepa, I'd be :mad: about that.

In response, I'd go and sign her up to some more sponsorship deals.

How hard can that be?

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:29 PM
You only want quality companies, with quality products. And you want them to pay you well.
Otherwise, there's no point. Only a few players get the big endorsement deals.
The best thing for Vera would be to win a major in the last year of her Adidas deal.

Epigone
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:35 PM
The best thing for Vera would be to win a major in the last year of her Adidas deal.Only so she can extort Nike out of more money :D

I think that Bepa could get a watch sponsorship, hopefully with a Swiss or French company

However, I'd like to see her endorse products in an untapped market. I hope her agent was working hard when she went to China, as that economy will explode in the near future.

Imagine Bepa as the face of some huge Chinese company :cool:

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:43 PM
I don't understand how the endorsement business works.
But Vera has an agent for that, she has to focus on her tennis game.
I'm not worried about Vera's money. She will earn millions.

pav
Dec 15th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Re the t_fan posted interview,and thanks for the posting, Bepa, for a woman always portrayed as a near mental wreck and an emotional time bomb, looked a picture of calmness and good body language, Her hands hardly moved, no leg jigging, no nervous giggling. The big smile could have been flashed a bit more,but as has been posted, She could keep some of Herself locked up!

Perhaps Epi the Interviewer can provide the keys!

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Vera can get emotional on the court, but she's very capable of conducting an interview without getting upset.
Although Vera might get upset with Epigone.:smash:

t_fan
Dec 15th, 2004, 07:38 PM
t_fan, thank you sooooo much for posting this clip! :worship:

Generally, nobody who normally posts in this thread (apart from ys, Verba, and you) posts anything in Russian. I think it's better to post something again, rather than assume that it has been posted before, since then we won't miss out on anything :)

If you can find other Bepa interviews, please post them here :bowdown:
Wow, you seem ecstatic :)
Ok, whenever I stumble on something like this related to Bepa, I'll post it here.

t_fan
Dec 15th, 2004, 07:53 PM

The video sent me crashing back to earth.

Anyway, I guess I'll have a job to do, so I'll have to find a way to deal with it.
Well, it's a job after all, isn't it? AFAIR you already have done interviews before? Bring together all of your interpersonal skills, plan the interview beforehand, watch out your body language and you'll make the greatest interview in Bepa's life :)

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Perhaps Epi the Interviewer can provide the keys!Hopefully she remembers to breathe regularly if I interview her. In that interview, she seemed to talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, and then take a huge breath.

Someone should tell her that she isn't freediving off some Pacific island, so she doesn't need to take in all of the air in the room :tape:

Look at the clip from about 3:55-4:15, and you'll see some weird breathing :D . The little swallow at 4:03 necessitated a large breath at 4:08, but then she breathed out too much at 4:10 and 4:12, which meant that she needed to take another large breath at 4:13. The first time I saw it, I thought that she was going to hyperventilate after she finished speaking because of the way she looked at the ground :o

*Note to self - Get a life! :help: *

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Although Vera might get upset with Epigone.:smash:Bepa has more chance of upsetting me than I do of upsetting her.

Knowing my luck, there will be no interview :sobbing:

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 01:31 AM
Wow, you seem ecstatic :)
Ok, whenever I stumble on something like this related to Bepa, I'll post it here.That would be great, so thank you. We don't get coverage of WTA Tour matches, so I never get to see stories on her.

Well, it's a job after all, isn't it? AFAIR you already have done interviews before?No, I haven't done interviews before :o

Bring together all of your interpersonal skillsI don't have interpersonal skills :sad:

plan the interview beforehandThat is assured. I'm going to read as many of Bepa's interviews as I can, and I'll try to formulate some questions that haven't been asked before.

watch out your body languageMy body language is usually very defensive, which is quite off putting to a lot of people. If she is happy, I think I'll be comfortable, and then I'll relax :cool:

and you'll make the greatest interview in Bepa's life :)I hope so :)

pav
Dec 16th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Hopefully she remembers to breathe regularly if I interview her. In that interview, she seemed to talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, and then take a huge breath.

Someone should tell her that she isn't freediving off some Pacific island, so she doesn't need to take in all of the air in the room :tape:

Look at the clip from about 3:55-4:15, and you'll see some weird breathing :D . The little swallow at 4:03 necessitated a large breath at 4:08, but then she breathed out too much at 4:10 and 4:12, which meant that she needed to take another large breath at 4:13. The first time I saw it, I thought that she was going to hyperventilate after she finished speaking because of the way she looked at the ground :o

*Note to self - Get a life! :help: *

How many times did She blink during the interview?

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 02:29 AM
How many times did She blink during the interview?I don't know. I think she tries to keep her eyes wide open like she does when she is serving :eek:

Blinking wouldn't be off putting, as long as she did it with both eyes simultaneously. If she started ;) , that could be weird :D

BTW, she takes a huge breath at 6:06. It's almost like a sigh of relief that the focus has shifted to Shamil :scratch:. Maybe these interviews stress her out, but she manages to keep it together well?

Emptiness
Dec 16th, 2004, 02:31 AM
She was probably nervous, its different playing tennis on tv and then actually having to talk on it.

I don't want to know how many times Epi watched that video and what he was doing during. :o:tape:

I'm more concerned with her penchants for grandma sweaters... Why does she dress so conservatively? She has nothing to hide, she has nice boobs. Epi tell her when you see her. :)

Could someone make a transcript of that interview? Martin? :p

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 02:49 AM
I don't want to know how many times Epi watched that video and what he was doing during. :o:tape:I haven't watched it too many times, and both hands were above the level of the desk before, during, and after viewing it :angel:

I'm more concerned with her penchants for grandma sweaters... Why does she dress so conservatively?I actually liked her sweater. She looked nice :)

She has nothing to hide, she has nice boobs. Epi tell her when you see her. :)I wouldn't know anything about her chest, but if you say so :unsure:

Could someone make a transcript of that interview? Martin? :pMy Russian is nowhere near good enough to translate that. Translating written stuff is easier, so I'll try to translate something for everyone tonight :)

pav
Dec 16th, 2004, 05:09 AM
I think Bepa's clothes looked good for the interview, but She could never be accused of flaunting Her body, She leans toward the conservative alright! I think She would be well advised to keep to that style of dressing for the Epiview and maybe have a racquet handy, even though He claims His interest in Bepa is pure, a close encounter with those big blue eyes may have an effect, the best of intentions can be diverted by eyes of that calibre

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 12:35 PM
This Epiview should be shown on pay-per-view, as it could be quite interesting.

Will Bepa :bigcry:, or :shout:, or :smash: ?

Stay tuned!

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2004, 03:15 PM
At least Vera has been warned that you have no interviewing experience, and that you have no interpersonal skills:lol:

I'm sure she'll enjoy your interview:D

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 03:18 PM
If she has a good :lol: at my expense, I won't mind.

She needs to stop taking life so seriously, so I will help in any way I can :)

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2004, 03:24 PM
First, lets see if she agrees to this interview.
Then we will find out if Vera has the patience to listen to you:lol:

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 03:29 PM
First, lets see if she agrees to this interview.She won't :sad:
Then we will find out if Vera has the patience to listen to you:lol:She didn't leap up into the stands and hit Yuri when he laughed at her, so she can tolerate quite a lot.

On the other hand, the water-soaked fans at that WTT match might feel differently :o

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Vera, bring a drink you can pour on his head, if you don't like the questions:lol:

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Vera, bring a drink you can pour on his head, if you don't like the questions:lol:I'll get someone to snap a picture of her doing that, and she can get a great sponsorship deal :cool:

Hopefully she holds the bottle so that the label is clearly visible :D

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Poor Vera:bigcry: :bigcry: , stuck with an Epigone:cuckoo: interview:help:

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 03:53 PM
I'll give her a chance to make some money by humiliating me. That's a good deal :D

Anyway, if granted an interview, I will ask questions that other people won't think to ask.

Lex can sort me out if things get out of order (which they won't!)

goldenlox
Dec 16th, 2004, 03:57 PM
:armed: Ask my questions - and demand answers!:armed:
Then you'll have an incisive, hard-hitting interview:D :wavey:

Epigone
Dec 16th, 2004, 04:32 PM
I won't demand anything from Bepa, since she should be respected :angel:

I was a brilliant English student when I was at school, and I deem your questions to be soft.

Bepa is a well read young woman, and she deserves to be asked questions that require her to think. You only get out of an interview what you are willing to put in, and I'm willing to ask interesting questions :)