PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:06 PM
The members of the current Fed Cup side are all friends with each other. That creates really good spirit within the team. All of the players want to be there to represent Russia together.

I also don't think it's just Yuri who is the problem. The problems between Nadia/Glen Schaap and Maria/Yuri stemmed from Nadia responding to one of Maria's fist pumps with an offensive gesture. I don't think they'd get on well together in the same team. If it comes down to a choice between those two players, Nadia would fit into the team better, and she is actually prepared to make herself available to play.

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:14 PM
Nadia/Maria has to do with Maria's dad, not fist pumping.
The Russian Fed Cup team should be inclusive. Different players should get a chance.
And the best team should be brought together for the semis and final.

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:29 PM
Nadia/Maria has to do with Maria's dad, not fist pumping.The annoying fist pumping led to the gesture directed at Maria, which led to Yuri taunting Nadia for the entire 3rd set. :yeah: to Glen Schaap for putting Yuri in his place. If Yuri taunts Bepa, I hope that Lex deals with him.

The Russian Fed Cup team should be inclusive. Different players should get a chance.
And the best team should be brought together for the semis and final.Reports say that Maria turned down a spot in the team. If that's true, then why should Shamil bother with her? There are plenty of players who would jump at the chance to play Fed Cup for Russia.

If a player makes herself unavailable during the the earlier rounds (except in the case of a proven injury), why should that player then be allowed to waltz into the team when she feels like it?

Russia has more than enough talent to field a team, and not just a group of top players who will play under the Russian flag. If players think that they are bigger than the team, then the team doesn't need them.

I just don't want to see my favourite players getting bumped for players who don't feel honoured to be playing Fed Cup for Russia.

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:38 PM
I just don't want to see my favourite players getting bumped for players who don't feel honoured to be playing Fed Cup for Russia.
The goal is to win. So if Maria is the Russian #1 in 2005, and she's available, they should invite her.

Players need to rest. They shouldn't play a full year, and play every tie also.

Emptiness
Nov 23rd, 2004, 07:36 PM
I get a tiny feeling Epi doesn't heart Maria. ;)

The goal is to win. So if Maria is the Russian #1 in 2005, and she's available, they should invite her.If Maria is the Russian #1 in 2005, and she's available, they should invite her and she should be honored to be asked to represent Russian and accept. I don't believe its matter of inviting Maria to play Fed Cup, that is reserved for Elena.

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 10:43 PM
The goal is to win. So if Maria is the Russian #1 in 2005, and she's available, they should invite her.They should invite Maria to play the 1st tie. If she makes herself unavailable, then :wavey:.

Players need to rest. They shouldn't play a full year, and play every tie also.I agree that players need to rest. But why should some players be used to get Russia into the final or whatever, only to have gloryhunters suddenly decide that they want to play so that they can get the credit for winning the Fed Cup?

Shamil said (for what it's worth) that the team is remaining unchanged to reward the player who got Russia to this point in the competition.

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 10:53 PM
I get a tiny feeling Epi doesn't heart Maria. ;)Am I that transparent? :o

But seriously, my feelings about Maria are very complex :scratch:

If Maria is the Russian #1 in 2005, and she's available, they should invite her and she should be honored to be asked to represent Russian and accept. I don't believe its matter of inviting Maria to play Fed Cup, that is reserved for Elena.A precedence has been set by ignoring Elena Dementieva for selection, despite her saying that she wants to play.

But when it comes down to it, I simply don't want Russia losing the team spirit that is currently on show. If Masha can fit in with the team, then there shouldn't be a problem selecting her.

Daniel
Nov 24th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Maybe Elena D wont be ignored in 2005.

Epigone
Nov 24th, 2004, 08:18 AM
As long is Bepa is selected, I can't really complain.

Maybe Shamil should think about playing her in doubles if no singles spots are vacant.

saab95
Nov 24th, 2004, 11:09 AM
http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/156130.jpg

At the draw Vera was the shadow of Nastya & Sveta.

Epigone
Nov 24th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the pic :yeah:

Bepa looks like she can hardly contain her excitement :D

Epigone
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:32 PM
In the article (http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200411/s1250447.htm) posted by GL in the Fed Cup thread, Larisa Neiland, on the topic of Maria Sharapova playing Fed Cup next year, was quoted as saying:
You can't just go by rankings alone in selecting the team. You need great team spirit, togetherness in order to make a really strong squad.Bepa should play Fed Cup next year, as she is a great team player.

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Vera might fall behind Nadia and Lena B. in the rankings next spring.
The only sure way to be on the 2005 Fed Cup team is to get your ranking into the top 10.

Epigone
Nov 24th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Lena L. doesn't have a ranking that's in the top 10, and I think that Nadia will quite easily be ahead of her in the doubles rankings after the AO. Therefore, changes may need to be made to the team.

If ties are played on clay, Bepa will play ahead of Elena Bovina.

Bepa will be striving to enter the top 10, but I don't think it will be the determining factor in Fed Cup selection.

Epigone
Nov 24th, 2004, 04:08 PM
With Russia up 2-0, I think Bepa will play both singles and doubles tomorrow.

Let's hope for a 5-0 score.

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Next year's team might be Sveta and Maria, who knows.
The only thing Vera can control is her own results.

Escape
Nov 24th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Vera will almost certainly play the singles tomorrow,as they will want to give kuznetsova a rest and save her for the final.

To be honest Russia could have played there U16s today.

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Next year's team might be Sveta and Maria, who knows.
The only thing Vera can control is her own results.The bottom line is that if Russia wants to select a talented, loyal, dependable player, Bepa should be very close to the top of the list.

Judging by Larisa Neiland's comments, she would like to see the best team selected, which is not necessarily the same thing as selecting the best players.

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 12:53 AM
I don't know if Nastya and Sveta will open for Russia in the final. Bepa has experience against Dechy, and that might count for something.

I want to see her in the frontline against France, so I hope playing singles and doubles today won't tire her out.

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:12 AM
I'm :fiery: that the WTA won't release the acceptance list for the Gold Coast.

I want confirmation that Bepa will be seeded #1, and will thus be the star of the show :yippee:

Daniel
Nov 25th, 2004, 09:33 AM
hope she plays on thurs Go vera :D :D :dance:

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 09:56 AM
She'll be playing doubles, but I hope that she also plays singles. There will be so much pressure to rack up another crushing scoreline :D

BTW, France is through to the final.

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Sveta is playing reverse singles, so Bepa will only be playing doubles.

Maybe Shamil is saving Bepa for the final? :scratch:

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:40 PM
I want the doubles match to start! :sobbing:

It's 3:40am, and I want to sleep :zzz:

I'd like one double bagel, please :)

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 06:04 PM
WTF, the doubles team is Elena L. and Sveta????

Shamil had better be resting Bepa for the final, or this is a freakin joke!!!! :fiery:

Verba
Nov 25th, 2004, 07:18 PM
WTF, the doubles team is Elena L. and Sveta????

Shamil had better be resting Bepa for the final, or this is a freakin joke!!!! :fiery:
This is a surprise :( Why did he replace Verunchik? :eek:

vaiva
Nov 25th, 2004, 08:15 PM

He better be, or else :smash:

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:26 AM
The draw for the final is today, and I'm hoping that Bepa is selected to play singles.

She has a great H2H against Dechy, so she should be used.

It's still a bit of a mystery if Mary Pierce will play, but Bepa won't allow a repeat of last year if they face each other :D

tenn_ace
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:31 AM
I really don't understand why Fartischev didn't let Vera to play this tie and let Sveta take a rest before the final. Is Vera that tired?

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:43 AM
I don't think Bepa is too tired to play. She could have played doubles without too much trouble.

Since he played Sveta 3 times, I can only think that Bepa is being saved for the final :scratch:

Daniel
Nov 26th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Lets give Vera a chance in the final :bounce:

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Yep, Bepa will shine for Russia in the final :dance:

Udachi!!!

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Who will France use to try (unsuccessfully) to contain the awesome tennis force that is Bepa?

I think that Dechy and Golovin are already preparing to surrender to the "shock, awe, and a little bit more" that is Bepa's game :D

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Bepa hasn't committed to the Gold Coast :sobbing: :crying2: :bigcry:

It looks like Nadia will be seeded #1

tenn_ace
Nov 26th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Vera is only scheduled to play doubles in the final.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Sveta has a 0-1 record against Dechy, while Bepa is 5-1 against her this season, and has been victorious in their previous 5 encounters.

Tarpischev = jackass :fiery:

Bepa probably won't even get to play doubles :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Vera is getting a lot of R&R with this Fed Cup team.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:22 PM
If Bepa wasn't in the team, she could be sleeping in her own bed, instead of in some hotel.

Tarpischev could have played her in doubles in the SF as she was listed, but didn't.

Why make that decision?

Bepa has served the team this year, so she should get a chance to play, instead of being made to cheer from the sideline.

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:25 PM
If Vera didn't play against Austria, then she probably won't play.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:29 PM
If Vera didn't play against Austria, then she probably won't play.Why not?

Sveta will be tired, so Bepa should play.

The only reason she won't play is if Tarpischev is trying to mess with her.

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Tarpischev doesn't belive in Vera, or she would have played against Austria.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Then why did he pick her to play this year, and why did he play her against France last year?

She was scheduled to play doubles, and then he pulled the plug. That has nothing to do with belief.

I think that he believes in her a great deal, but he's just being an ass for some reason :confused:

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Vera hasn't played an important Fed Cup match this year. Last year, Dementieva pulled out at the last minute.
Vera played her best tennis of 2004 in California and Montreal. And she was emotional between points.
I'm not sure if she should try to hide her emotions. Or let them show.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:47 PM
:rolleyes:

The choice to play her against Australia was a risk.

There was no reason to sit her out against Austria.

Tarpischev is making no sense with this decision.

Verba
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Tarpischev doesn't belive in Vera, or she would have played against Austria.
When it was 3:0 in Russia's favor was his beleif in Vera important? It's such a disappointment he didn't allow Vera to play. :o :(

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:54 PM
I think when Anastasia lost the first set, it helped Tarpischev's decision to play Sveta.
Now that Anastasia has said she won't play with Maria, these decisions get more interesting in 2005.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:55 PM
When it was 3:0 in Russia's favor was his beleif in Vera important? It's such a disappointment he didn't allow Vera to play. :o :(Exactly! :worship:

After scores of 6-1 6-1 and 6-0 6-0 in the opening matches, he surely could have "risked" playing Bepa in one of the remaining three matches.

The decision to keep her on the bench was :bs:

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:59 PM
I think when Anastasia lost the first set, it helped Tarpischev's decision to play Sveta.How?

They needed one win in the three remaining matches.

What kind of message does it send to Bepa if she doesn't get to play in one of those matches?

Verba
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Exactly! :worship:

After scores of 6-1 6-1 and 6-0 6-0 in the opening matches, he surely could have "risked" playing Bepa in one of the remaining three matches.

The decision to keep her on the bench was :bs:

I totally don't understand Shamil here.

I can understand his decision not to take Lena D in the team (although I don't approve it)... but when Vera is already in the team and the team surely won the semifinal... The only reason would be that she saves Vera for the final ...but if she is not scheduled to play singles in the final...and he did'n't allow her to practice doubles with Lena L... ths is really stupid. Hope, he will comment on it somehow.

Verba
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:02 PM
How?

They needed one win in the three remaining matches.

What kind of message does it send to Bepa if she doesn't get to play in one of those matches?

The message sent to Vera is really bad. He doesn't treat her with proper respect. He knows that Vera has a lot of pride for Russia so she will play anytime she's asked to play for the team.

Is there any possibility that Vera might be sick or something like this?

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:07 PM
There are so many good players, it will be impossible to keep everyone happy.
But Vera should get to play a singles match.

Verba
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:08 PM
There are so many good players, it will be impossible to keep everyone happy.

Right. But in this particular case I don't understand that Vera didn't play in the semifinal.

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Neither do I. But I like all this intrigue. Now I'm not sure who's mad at who.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:14 PM
The message sent to Vera is really bad. He doesn't treat her with proper respect. He knows that Vera has a lot of pride for Russia so she will play anytime she's asked to play for the team.Yes, I think that she puts playing for Russia ahead of everything else. All Shamil has to do is ask, and she will be there.

Is there any possibility that Vera might be sick or something like this?That's possible. However, I think that they would have brought in a replacement for Bepa if she was unable to play. She looked fine in the pictures, but I guess she could have strained a muscle or something like that :scratch:.

However, I think it's just Shamil being :cuckoo:

t_fan
Nov 26th, 2004, 10:11 PM
That's possible. However, I think that they would have brought in a replacement for Bepa if she was unable to play. She looked fine in the pictures, but I guess she could have strained a muscle or something like that :scratch:.

However, I think it's just Shamil being :cuckoo:
If you think you understand everything then you're not fully informed. This comes from a popular saying AFAIR. In the interview to "Sovetskiy Sport" newspaper Tarpischev said that some disaster happened in Vera's family. Otherwise he wanted Bepa to play in doubles.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:52 AM
If you think you understand everything then you're not fully informed.I don't think that I understand everything ;). It's just that I don't really trust Tarpischev after some of his decisions this year.

In the interview to "Sovetskiy Sport" newspaper Tarpischev said that some disaster happened in Vera's family. Otherwise he wanted Bepa to play in doubles.Okay, I found it (http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/default.asp?p=2&date=2004/11/26&id=172658)...
— Почему и во второй день играли все те же Кузнецова и Мыскина? Ведь в сборной им есть замена.
— Девчонкам надо наиграться. Первый игровой день я всерьез не рассматриваю. Это была даже не тренировка. Плюс ко всему у наших теннисисток еще идет акклиматизация после Лос-Анджелеса. И все же не скрою, что на пару я хотел выставить Веру Звонареву, но в ее семье случилось несчастье.However, the situation is still not clear to me.

a) It confirms that Tarpischev didn't plan to play Bepa in singles, no matter what happened. That's all that I understand.
b) Will she in fact be playing in the final? Is it possible that she could play reverse singles on the second day, or does Tarpischev only plan to play her in doubles?
If this family tragedy will keep her out of the final, why wasn't she replaced in the team in case another player gets injured and only two are available?

In the greater scheme of things, this doesn't matter. I just hope that Bepa is okay :hug:

Daniel
Nov 27th, 2004, 07:20 AM
i still dont get it, she is in the team but he doesnt put her to play,
i wanna see Vera playing and winning and celebtrating with the team :D

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:00 PM
From Greenout's post in Sveta's thread
Sveta seem to be really down on herself in the last games.
Walked off with her head down low with Vera Z trying to make
her feel better. :sad:Bepa is a great friend :hug:

Bepa was there, so she should have been playing. Did this family tragedy cause people to be unsure about whether or not she would play?

I wish that this situation was made a little more clear :crying2:.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:53 PM
This final is a joke.

Tarpischev has mismanaged his lineup, and it's tied at 1-1 as a result.

The problem is that Bepa can't play reverse singles against Dechy because that would mean that Nastya wouldn't be able to play singles.

I don't know why he bothered to bring Bepa if she won't be used where she will be most effective.

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:59 PM
I think Russia will stay with Anastasia and Svetlana for one more day.
Vera should have played against Austria, to give Nastya a rest.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Sveta has already played 4 matches, and she might be needed for doubles, as Tarpischev won't trust Bepa to play.

This whole situation is a joke :banghead:

Bepa should have been used in the opening singles matches, as she has winning records against Golovin, and especially Dechy.

She is a great weapon, but she is sitting on the bench because the genius thinks he knows what he is doing.

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Vera lost a big match to Dechy this year. Now Sveta has also.
I think either Sveta or Vera should beat Golovin.
But it's a close tie now. Anything can happen.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Vera lost a big match to Dechy this year. Now Sveta has also.Then Bepa won 5 straight matches against Dechy, so she should have played singles in the final. Sveta is now 0-2 against Dechy this year.

I think either Sveta or Vera should beat Golovin.
But it's a close tie now. Anything can happen.It's a close tie because the genius screwed up with his selections.

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Tomorrow is a big day. A lot of pressure. Imagine if Vera played and lost tomorrow.
Lots of pressure tomorrow.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Sorry, but I imagine Bepa playing tomorrow and winning comprehensively

Sure, she would have been under less pressure had she been playing when the score was 0-0 or 1-0, but those aren't the circumstances. She will deal with the situation.

Bepa is ranked #11 in the world, and has defeated Golovin and Dechy this year.

She will win the match/es that she is asked to play.

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Sorry, but I imagine Bepa playing tomorrow and winning comprehensively.
Vera has to be prepared to play tomorrow. Because if she does play, she has to win.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Vera has to be prepared to play tomorrow. Because if she does play, she has to win.Bepa is always prepared to play for her country. When Shamil gives her the call, she will play, and she will fight for every point.

Why would she be anything but prepared? :confused:

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:08 PM
I remember last year's semis. Vera didn't play her best.
If Vera plays, she needs to play at her peak.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:12 PM
The circumstances now are totally different to those last year, and commenting on what happened then will open another can of worms regarding Tarpischev and his selection decisions.

Bepa should have been played against Austria in reverse singles to give her a warmup for singles in the final, but that didn't happen...

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I agree about reverse singles.
I think Sveta might lose tomorrow. Then it comes down to doubles.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Sveta can beat Golovin. I'm more worried about Nastya beating Dechy.

If it comes down to the doubles, I don't know if Bepa will get to play. If she does play doubles, who will be her partner?

There are so many questions that need answering.

TartarVicario
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Sveta can beat Golovin. I'm more worried about Nastya beating Dechy.

I doubt it.Sveta was so tired today while Tati was playing well.Vera should play singles tomorrow instead of Lana.I think Nastya could beat Nat as Nat doesn't have that big weapon :).

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I'm just puzzled by Tarpischev's decision to play Sveta in the reverse singles against Austria. Surely Elena L. could have played singles with Nastya...

I also don't understand why he didn't play Bepa in singles today, while resting Sveta in case she would be needed to play singles tomorrow. Sveta is now tired, and I bet Tarpischev will try to use her again :(

Also, does anyone have any information on the circumstances that prevented Bepa from playing against Austria, other than it was a family problem?

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 27th, 2004, 07:40 PM
dunno if this was posted before, but during Tati's match Emilio Sanchez Vicario (Arantxa's brother) said that Vera's grandmother passed away yesterday :sad: :sad:

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 07:53 PM
dunno if this was posted before, but during Tati's match Emilio Sanchez Vicario (Arantxa's brother) said that Vera's grandmother passed away yesterday :sad: :sad:Nobody has posted that yet, so thank you.

Poor Bepa :sad:

She said that she lives with her mother and grandmother in Moscow, so it could be her maternal grandmother. It looks like I could be in the same boat very soon, so I know that it's tough.

I really hope that she can play a large role in winning the Fed Cup tomorrow, as I think it will have even more meaning for her now that this has happened.

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Poor Vera. :( I too hope she plays well tomorrow if called upon. But what kind of mental shape can she be in if she's very upset at her grandmother dying? It's understandable that she's heartbroken. :sad: Life comes first and tennis comes second in this situation. All my best to Vera and her family. :kiss:

no1mariafan
Nov 27th, 2004, 09:42 PM
My wishes go to Vera and her family. Now go win the fed cup!

Frank
Nov 27th, 2004, 09:49 PM
I feel very sorry for Vera and her family. I don't think her mind is with the FED Cup right now.

Escape
Nov 27th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Poor Vera :sad: I wonder if she will play in the doubles tomorrow.
There is now a thread in GM about Vera's grandmother.

Daniel
Nov 28th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Vera :sad: :hug: my thoughts are with you.

rrfnpump
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Vera :hug: Mein Beileid!

Mathijs
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Poor Vera :sad:, my thoughts are with you and your family these days

VeraNuVirgosFan
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Vera, sorry to hear about your babushka.

Be strong!

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Bepa is playing doubles with Nastya in the match that will decide the Fed Cup! :bigclap:

She has to be strong, and she will save the day for Russia!

Udachi!!!

vaiva
Nov 28th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Davai Verunchick! Be a Zvera and a hero and dedicate your win to your babushka!

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Bepa/Nastya won 7-6(5) 7-5

Bepa served for the Cup, and held to love :worship:

I hope this will prove to someone (you know who you are ;) ) that Bepa can handle pressure.

I'm glad that it came down to Bepa's match to decide the Fed Cup, and I'm soooo happy that she kept her composure, despite what has happened during the past week. Being part of this victory will be a career highlight.

vaiva
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Verunchick finishes her dissappointing year on a high note :kiss:

KV
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Davai Verunchick! Be a Zvera and a hero and dedicate your win to your babushka!And she did it, great display in such circumstances. Well done verunchick.

the cat
Nov 28th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Congrats to Vera for playing so well in the decisive Fed Cup doubles match under such trying circumstances! :D :kiss:

katiektc
Nov 28th, 2004, 05:24 PM
yes well done vera :yeah:

goldenlox
Nov 28th, 2004, 05:31 PM
dunno if this was posted before, but during Tati's match Emilio Sanchez Vicario (Arantxa's brother) said that Vera's grandmother passed away yesterday :sad: :sad:
My condolences, Vera.

rrfnpump
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Vera :woohoo: Well done :hug:

pav
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Yess! great end of the year for Vera!(and Russia) showed mental toughness after a terrible week!

Escape
Nov 28th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Well done Vera :banana: :kiss:

Epigone
Nov 29th, 2004, 03:43 AM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041128/i/r2128428227.jpg

So happy! :)

Epigone
Nov 29th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Interview with Bepa and Nastya :)

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/FC_1591_mp3.MP3

Epigone
Nov 29th, 2004, 06:28 AM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1592_gallery.JPG
Photographer: Paul Zimmer

Bepa: Shamil, she's mine!

Daniel
Nov 29th, 2004, 09:01 AM
well done Vera :D :D

Epigone
Nov 29th, 2004, 02:37 PM
From http://www.cska.ru/
Сборная России выиграла Кубок Федерации 29.11.2004
Женская сборная России по теннису стала победителем главного командного турнира сезона - Кубка Федерации. Сборная России в финале обыграла команду Франции - 3:2. Свой ощутимый вклад в итоговую победу внесли представительницы ЦСКА Елена Лиховцева и Вера Звонарева, выигравшие свои встречи в полуфинальном разряде в полуфинале и в финале. Поздравления от сотрудников и руководства ЦСКА!:D

goldenlox
Nov 29th, 2004, 03:26 PM
So much for 2004. Now we can start arguing about 2005.
Vera is going to be the Russian #7 in the spring, unless she starts the year off strong.
Petrova and Bovina have very little to defend before Miami.

the cat
Nov 29th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Vera has a beautiful smile and divine dimples. :D

mostefan
Nov 29th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Congrats to Vera for playing so well in the decisive Fed Cup doubles match under such trying circumstances! :DLet me join :worship:
yes, in this team the one I'm most glad for is Vera. :yeah:

Emptiness
Nov 29th, 2004, 09:21 PM
http://img125.exs.cx/img125/5260/Fed_Cup2004_01_1.jpg
Our little Verunchick is wearing nail polish. And also needs a tan :)

Lets hope her and the other girls are getting drunk off their asses right now. ;)

the cat
Nov 30th, 2004, 12:41 AM
There's Vera's beautiful smile and divine dimples! :D What a photograph! :)

Epigone
Nov 30th, 2004, 02:26 AM
So much for 2004. Now we can start arguing about 2005.
Vera is going to be the Russian #7 in the spring, unless she starts the year off strong.
Petrova and Bovina have very little to defend before Miami.Why didn't you even comment on Bepa's performance in the deciding Fed Cup match? All of your pre-match talk about her needing to be prepared to play, and when she turned up and played great tennis, there wasn't a peep out of you.

Could it be because you couldn't take a shot at her like you did with Sveta?

Yes, Bepa's ranking could now be under attack because ofher decision not to play the Gold Coast, while Nadia and Elena B. will play. However, I have complete faith in her, and I believe that her talent will show through next year. She doesn't have many points to defend at the Slams and higher tier tournaments, so she is still in good shape.

Emptiness
Nov 30th, 2004, 02:51 AM
I want to wallow in Fed Cup a little longer. :)

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/7718/vera-grab.jpg

Vera!
What did i say about grabbing yourself there? Nevermind that what has your mother said?

I think this is a first, I like her outfit. Red matches her perfectly. :)

Epigone
Nov 30th, 2004, 02:53 AM
I think this is a first, I like her outfit. :)I also made that comment when I saw the shirt!

Why not wear that instead of that other ugly "design"?

Emptiness
Nov 30th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Who knows. But i rather see her wear this for a couple of months instead of that nasty width elongating outfit.

Heres a photo especially for you Epi. Have you seen it already? ;)
http://img44.exs.cx/img44/9969/pic00001_2.jpg

Epigone
Nov 30th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Heres a photo especially for you Epi. Have you seen it already? ;)
http://img44.exs.cx/img44/9969/pic00001_2.jpg:eek: Wow! That's a big Bepa pic! :D

I've never seen it before, but it looks like it was taken the same night as a pic with Nastya that I've seen. I think it was at a players' party or something.

I sure hope those curtains aren't incorporated into her 2005 wardrobe :scared:

pav
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:09 AM
I want to wallow in Fed Cup a little longer. :)

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/7718/vera-grab.jpg

Vera!
What did i say about grabbing yourself there? Nevermind that what has your mother said?

I think this is a first, I like her outfit. Red matches her perfectly. :)

Naughty Bepa!!

pav
Nov 30th, 2004, 09:09 AM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041128/i/r2128428227.jpg

So happy! :)

Bepa and Nastya in a winning embrace
look at the smile on Bepa's wonderful face
not a trace of a frown
nor a hint of a tear
will this erase the memory of how She was treated last year?
but Bepa won't hold a grudge,and Her attitude's better
so She will have shown nothing but kindness to Sveta
a happy ending to a sad time, for which for Her We all feel
to play at all ,Bepa has shown some strong inner steel
if Her Grandmother could have been there, She would have been proud
to see Bepa perform so well, in front of Her own cheering home crowd

goldenlox
Nov 30th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Why didn't you even comment on Bepa's performance in the deciding Fed Cup match? All of your pre-match talk about her needing to be prepared to play, and when she turned up and played great tennis, there wasn't a peep out of you.

Could it be because you couldn't take a shot at her like you did with Sveta?

I didn't take a shot at Sveta. I believe Sveta gets nervous.
I've felt that way for awhile.
There's only so much you can say about doubles. Vera had to win, and she did.

Epigone
Nov 30th, 2004, 04:12 PM
There's only so much you can say about doubles. Vera had to win, and she did.You also think that Bepa gets nervous, but she served out the match, which is something that Nastya failed to do.

goldenlox
Nov 30th, 2004, 04:14 PM
I think Vera has to improve many aspects of her game, if she wants to be a long term top 10 player.
Holding serve is one of them.

Epigone
Nov 30th, 2004, 04:25 PM
How many times did Nastya hold serve in the doubles final, and where is she ranked?

goldenlox
Nov 30th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Neither of them is known for their serve or their volleying.
And they both have been broken at key moments in singles.
But right now, Anastasia is the better player.

Epigone
Nov 30th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Bepa leads this doubles team, and I'm very happy about that. I think that Nastya has a lot of faith in her when then step onto the court together. It's a shame that they couldn't go for an Olympic medal together :sad:

goldenlox
Nov 30th, 2004, 04:56 PM
The other 4 Russians at the YEC are playing a lot of exhibitions. Easy money.
It's about time Vera got into that group.

Epigone
Nov 30th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Bepa likes to have a life outside of tennis.
Life is not all about making money.
I'm glad that she has her priorities straight :yeah:

goldenlox
Nov 30th, 2004, 05:10 PM
They play these exhibitions instead of Tier III's. Vera is going to be preparing for the AO anyway.
She needs some better results to get the exhibition offers. Same with Nadia.

the cat
Nov 30th, 2004, 05:17 PM
This is fun to read. Well done Epi and GL. :)

By the way I think Vera can do much better thans he did this year. I see know reason why she can't make the top 10 next year and push the top 5 if she has a really big year. If things break her way Verushka should make a grand slam semifinal next year. :D

Epigone
Nov 30th, 2004, 05:24 PM
They play these exhibitions instead of Tier III's.Tier IIIs give trophies and points towards the Race.

Vera is going to be preparing for the AO anyway.True, but this way she works to her own schedule, instead of having commitments dictating where she is on a particular day.

She needs some better results to get the exhibition offers.I don't think she needs to get better results to get exhibition offers. For all we know, she may have declined offers. Bepa is one of the most entertaining players on tour, and I'm sure that people would love to watch her play. She has an air of unpredictability about her :)

Same with Nadia.Nadia is the YEC doubles champion. That is a good result, as are her 3 Tier III titles, and 3 Tier II titles from the 2004 season.

goldenlox
Nov 30th, 2004, 05:30 PM
You are a wacko. It's much better to play an exhibition than a Tier III in the heat.
To get any points at a Tier III, you have to make the final. That's a lot of effort in the heat.
Then you have to skip Sydney.

Epigone
Nov 30th, 2004, 05:39 PM
:confused: Bepa isn't playing the Gold Coast. I figure she is resting.

Ai got 182 points for winning the Gold Coast last year, and Nadia got 116 for making the final, so the Gold Coast is worth playing. Seeded #1, Bepa would have had a good chance of making the final.

However, it would be even better to get paid a few hundred thousand dollars to play a tournament against poor opposition. That way you get a title, points, and a truckload of money.

Sadly, not everyone gets that chance :crying2:

goldenlox
Nov 30th, 2004, 05:41 PM
So Vera starts in Sydney. A very tough Tier II.
It's better to play an exhibition, beforehand.

Epigone
Dec 1st, 2004, 12:19 AM
So Vera starts in Sydney. A very tough Tier II.
It's better to play an exhibition, beforehand.To not start at the Gold Coast is strange, so maybe she has something else lined up, or maybe she just plans to practise at CSKA. However, I'm sure that Bepa and Lex know what they are doing.

Epigone
Dec 2nd, 2004, 07:04 AM
By the way I think Vera can do much better thans he did this year. I see know reason why she can't make the top 10 next year and push the top 5 if she has a really big year. If things break her way Verushka should make a grand slam semifinal next year. :DIn some respects this was a good year, but in many respects, it was very disappointing. Winning a Tier III singles title, a Tier I doubles title, the US Open mixed doubles title, and the Fed Cup may seem like a good year, but I feel that Bepa is capable of so much more.

Bepa will blow up eventually, and I hope that it happens next year :D

Epigone
Dec 2nd, 2004, 02:43 PM
Go to http://www.worldofvenus.net (http://www.worldofvenus.net/), and on the left, you can download two clips of the match between Bepa and Serena from the JP Morgan Chase Open this year :)

Watch the second clip. If Bepa can play like that consistently, she'll have some big titles in the bag. She can defeat the top players with that style of play, so I hope she can perform like that in Australia.

It could be that we'll have a new Russian GS champion after the AO ;)

Udachi!!!

goldenlox
Dec 2nd, 2004, 03:15 PM
I saw Vera play Serena in L.A.
Vera could have won the match, but didn't play well at the end.
Vera could have beaten Anastasia in San Diego.
She could have played better in the second set against Amelie in Montreal.
Vera can play well. She finished her win against Maria in Montreal, and her Memphis final, with very good play.

Vera has to be more consistent.

Epigone
Dec 2nd, 2004, 03:29 PM
Vera has to be more consistent.Wow, there's an echo in here :p

Consistency is the problem. The shots are there, and so is the thinking that goes along with them. I like the way that Bepa constructs points. When she is in an attacking frame of mind, she doesn't just go for winners straight away. She moves her opponent around, and then puts the ball away.

goldenlox
Dec 2nd, 2004, 03:33 PM
I think the way to beat Vera is to hit to her forehand, and then make her run to her backhand side.
She hits a little blooper, and turns her back to the net.
She almost never wins those points.

Epigone
Dec 2nd, 2004, 03:50 PM
When she is on the back foot and hits a backhand, she sometimes doesn't get enough on it, and the ball doesn't clear the net. There was an example of that in the match against Serena. She needs to plant her feet properly and step into the ball. However, I don't want her putting up easy defensive lobs that get smashed for winners.

goldenlox
Dec 2nd, 2004, 03:52 PM
It's my opinion, from watching more than 10 of Vera's matches this year, that you hit to her forehand side, and then her backhand corner.
And if you can approach, like Venus did, it's an easy point.

Epigone
Dec 2nd, 2004, 03:53 PM
Thanks to Nastyafan for suppyling these links to clips from the Fed Cup final

http://webfile.ru/110548 (http://webfile.ru/110548)
http://webfile.ru/110550 (http://webfile.ru/110550)
http://webfile.ru/110560 (http://webfile.ru/110560)

You can see the final point of the doubles match, and then a bit of the celebrations.

Bepa's arm almost gets twisted off :D

t_fan
Dec 2nd, 2004, 06:11 PM
It's my opinion, from watching more than 10 of Vera's matches this year, that you hit to her forehand side, and then her backhand corner.
And if you can approach, like Venus did, it's an easy point.
IMHO this tactics when carried well works against anyone. Unless the opponent is Roger Federer :) Some quick movers and one-handed backhanders like JHH may just make one sorry for this kind of tactics, IMHO.

~Rachel~
Dec 3rd, 2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the links Epigone/Nastyafan!! :wavey:

Lots of hugs all round! :D

However, the third link doesn't work for me and I don't understand russian! Does it work for everyone else?

Epigone
Dec 3rd, 2004, 01:20 PM
However, the third link doesn't work for me and I don't understand russian! Does it work for everyone else?It says that the file can't be downloaded because it has been downloaded from the server the maximum number of times :sad:

~Rachel~
Dec 3rd, 2004, 01:40 PM
What a bummer! :sad:

But the other two clips are great, good to see the girls so happy! :bounce:

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2004, 03:52 PM
IMHO this tactics when carried well works against anyone. Unless the opponent is Roger Federer :) Some quick movers and one-handed backhanders like JHH may just make one sorry for this kind of tactics, IMHO.
I think Vera is not strong on the backhand side, unless she has a chance to set up.

Epigone
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:12 PM
Bepa has a very good defensive backhand. I think she's not as strong when she tries to attack off the backhand when her feet aren't set properly. If she's trying to simply keep the ball in play, she usually succeeds.

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:14 PM
If Vera is moving to her backhand side, she hits a blooper, and turns her back to the net.
I think she needs to work on that.

Epigone
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:24 PM
It's weird to see what she does after she puts up a defensive lob. When the ball is in the air, she'll sometimes look disinterested in what is happening.

She needs to put doubt into the mind of her opponent, which may lead them into hitting a UE. Instead, she just stands there, and doesn't really bother committing to a side of the court :confused:. That results in an easy winner for her opponent.

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:26 PM
Is Vera reading this?
Vera, go out and hit 5,000 running backhands tomorrow.
And then write a term paper on improving the backhand.
That's due Monday.:wavey:

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:36 PM
After the term paper, you're next assignment is to win the AO.:D

Emptiness
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:46 PM
What a surprise. Glox and Epi bickering like old hens again, you guys should just do it and get it over with. :rolleyes: ... ;)

Bepa and Nastya in a winning embrace
look at the smile on Bepa's wonderful face
not a trace of a frown
nor a hint of a tear
will this erase the memory of how She was treated last year?
but Bepa won't hold a grudge,and Her attitude's better
so She will have shown nothing but kindness to Sveta
a happy ending to a sad time, for which for Her We all feel
to play at all ,Bepa has shown some strong inner steel
if Her Grandmother could have been there, She would have been proud
to see Bepa perform so well, in front of Her own cheering home crowdPav, you're such a good poet,
And i think you know it.
Wish i could have your skill,
without making myself mental ill.
But thats all i can say,
cause i haven't had my morning coffee today.

I tried. http://xs2.xs.to/pics/04112/smilie-grin.gif

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:51 PM
Vera, how much time do you spend in the U.S., and how much in Moscow?
You have to include this kind of information in your interviews.

Epigone
Dec 3rd, 2004, 06:03 PM
What a surprise. Glox and Epi bickering like old hens again, you guys should just do it and get it over with. :rolleyes: ... ;):eek: :sobbing:

You've now traumatised me. Great job :yeah:

Vera, how much time do you spend in the U.S., and how much in Moscow?
You have to include this kind of information in your interviews.I'll get all the info that you have ever wanted to know :cool:

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2004, 06:06 PM
I need information.:D
I'm going to give a lot of homework in 2005.:bounce:

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2004, 07:05 PM
Vera and Lex at a practice session -

http://www.wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29979

Epigone
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Bepa is on the acceptance list for Sydney :bounce:

Epigone
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Defending Cellular South Cup Champion Returns; World's No. 1 Junior To Play
Memphis, Tenn. - The Regions Morgan Keegan Championships and the Cellular South Cup are pleased to announce that Vera Zvonareva will return to defend her title at the 2005 tournament.

Currently ranked No. 11, Zvonareva defeated Lisa Raymond to win the 2004 Cellular South Cup and was also a finalist in Cincinnati and Philadelphia. She became the last player (along with Serena Williams) to qualify for the season-ending Tour Championships. Zvonareva joins the growing list of talented and dangerous Russian players making a name for themselves on the women's tour.
Link (http://www.atptennis.com/memphis/news/05womens_commitment.asp)

What I don't like is that the article continues on to gush over Nicole Vaidisova. There is also a Vaidisova pic on the homepage of the tournament website. I have a feeling that Bepa will once again be overlooked, as she was at Memphis this year :sad:

Daniel
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:54 AM
Thanks Epigone :hug:

deep bass
Dec 4th, 2004, 10:15 AM
I know it's not Nicole's fault, but I hope Bepa stuffs her if they meet.

Epigone
Dec 4th, 2004, 10:44 AM
I know it's not Nicole's fault, but I hope Bepa stuffs her if they meet.Bepa handled Maria on the way to the title this year, so I'm hoping that she can produce a repeat performance next year and bundle out the "face of the tournament".

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:06 PM
I would prefer Vera play Tier I's and II's, but I know a good charity is involved.

Epigone
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Bepa has to defend her title :)

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:28 PM
She doesn't HAVE to.
Lex looks like an offensive lineman in the NFL in that picture. Ask Vera what he weighs.

Epigone
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Being defending champion of a tournament means something. It will hopefully earn her some respect during the week. Otherwise, she's just another player.

Lex looks like an offensive lineman in the NFL in that picture. Ask Vera what he weighs.:tape: It's not as though he is pushing 300 pounds

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:40 PM
He looks close to 300 pounds.
Ask Vera if people were staring at Lex when they trained in Moscow for the KC.

Emptiness
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Hes certainly heavyset. I don't think 300 pounds is an unfair estimate. :tape:
His ass could be that weight alone... :o

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Martin, ask Lex if he played on the tour.

Epigone
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:33 PM
He looks close to 300 pounds.
Ask Vera if people were staring at Lex when they trained in Moscow for the KC.:eek: Wow, the claws are out today!

Why would anyone be staring at him, especially if Bepa was on the other side of the net?

Martin, ask Lex if he played on the tourHe was a pro, but I think he was ranked outside the top 1000.

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:38 PM
I remember what Ola said. She thought it was strange that Vera was with a black man.
I wonder if Lex had a lot of people staring at him.
Moscow is not NYC.

Epigone
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Oh, so you mean from a racial aspect, and not because of his size?

I think it's probably true that Russia isn't as tolerant as some other countries, but I don't know if Lex would be stared at as a result.

Bepa is comfortable with him, so I don't think it's that big a deal. It's probably true that Bepa is very accepting of people, but I don't think that she is the exception to the rule.

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Tennis is a very white sport. There aren't many black coaches.
Interview Lex when you get a chance.

Epigone
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Tennis is a very white sport. There aren't many black coaches.Time will tell, but I think that he is a good coach, and he will be able to help Bepa realise her potential. I think he probably has a different philosophy to Bepa's previous coaches, so the change will be good for her.

Interview Lex when you get a chance.I will try. It would have been easier if Bepa was also playing the Gold Coast, but I'll try to have a chat with him. Bepa fans want to know about him, so it might be nice to have his bio on her website.

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Ask Lex what his working relationship with Julia was.
And if the Vera-Julia split up was mutual.

Epigone
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Ask Lex what his working relationship with Julia was.I believe he may have answered that during in an interview during the Kremlin Cup. I think Julia got them together a few years back, but it during 2004 that he became her coach. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if I was told that Julia is still involved with coaching Bepa.

And if the Vera-Julia split up was mutual.My understanding is that Julia is training a junior player, and she travels with this player to tournaments, which means that she can't travel with Bepa. Someone in the GM also said that she is taking time off to look after her children, but I'm not sure about that.

Regardless, I think that the Bepa-Julia relationship is fine :)

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Regardless, I think that the Bepa-Julia relationship is fine :)
Thinking might be your problem:lol:

Just ask, and see what he says.

Epigone
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Thinking might be your problem:lol:Responding to you at 3:40am is the problem :)

Bepa lived with Julia and her daughter in Maryland. I believe that they are close, and I believe that it was a mutual decision to go with Lex. He has been working with Bepa for 2 1/2 years, so it's not as though she dumped Julia for someone else.

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:44 PM
I know that Julia was by herself at RG during the Vera-Maria match.
And Lex was by himself in Montreal.
A big change in a few months.

Epigone
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Yes, there's so much to find out :sobbing:

Why did they choose that as a transition period?

I have so many questions floating around in my head.

Hopefully all will be understood by the end of January

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Ask Lex if he thought Maria's dad was disrespectful to Vera at the YEC.
I've got a lot of questions.
Vera and Lex will be avoiding you when the read all these questions that I have.
:lol: :bounce:

Epigone
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Having fans who want to ask questions is good.

It means that people are interested in what you have to say.

It's better than being portrayed and viewed as a piece of meat.

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Ask Vera if her dad played world class sports.
Ask how big the apartment she grew up in is.
Ask if she owns a car.
Ask who her favorite fashion designer is.

Emptiness
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Ask her if her constant wedgies really piss her off. ....or if she likes them. http://xs2.xs.to/pics/04112/smilie-grin.gif

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Ask Vera if she plays in between Memphis and IW.
Ask her about the end of her Eastbourne semi against Sveta.

KV
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:25 PM
GL, don't think her dad played world class sports. Her mother used to play hockey

Epigone. Can you ask her when she started playing at the Chaika tennis club, whether Chaika belongs to CSKA tennis club. Thanks!

pav
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Will the above three Posters please refrain from causing Me amusment as I recently dived through a rotten board onto a concrete floor and now despite heavy medication every time I attempt to laugh it causes My bloody ribs to hurt!
:haha: :crying2: :haha: ouch!!

Emptiness
Dec 5th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Hi pav. :)

Hey Epi ask Vera if shes ever gotten caught stealing the hotel curtains. And.. give her my condolences for her grandmother.

Btw posted the Kremlin doubles semi-final, Anastasia & Vera vs. Bovina & Petrova in Anastasia's forum in the thread "Articles & Interviews & Videos" and an article where Vera gets an award.

http://www.kp.ru/upimg/logo_33426.jpg
:tape::lol:

Daniel
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:39 AM
nice pic Fragance ;)

Epigone
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Ask Vera if she plays in between Memphis and IW.I will indeed try to get an idea about Bepa's schedule for early next year :)

Epigone. Can you ask her when she started playing at the Chaika tennis club, whether Chaika belongs to CSKA tennis club. Thanks!I will most certainly do that. When I have some time, I'll give a recount of my search for Chaika when I went to Moscow. The story involves me being yelled at by various people :lol:

Hey Epi ask Vera if shes ever gotten caught stealing the hotel curtains.I think that the material for the YEC top was actually sourced from the living room curtains at home.

And.. give her my condolences for her grandmother.I will :sad:

Thanks for posting the clip (although the download won't work :confused: ).

That's some more interesting attire being worn by Bepa in that pic ;). It seems that there are a few patches sewn on, and even an American flag on the left sleeve :scratch:

rrfnpump
Dec 5th, 2004, 08:38 AM
PLease ask Vera details about her 06 06 loss to Nadia Petrova when she was young and what she thought when she beat Nadia in Phili ;)

Epigone
Dec 5th, 2004, 08:40 AM
In order to help Bepa come up with some new outfits, I've assembled a collection of pictures of hotel room curtains from around the world (she probably doesn't want to use more from home, as this will allow people to look through her windows :o ). Feel free to add to the list if you find a nice pattern somewhere :D

Some place in New Zealand (http://www.graftonoakshotel.co.nz/hotels/grafton-hotel-room.jpg) Sorry pav, but I'm glad she's not playing in Auckland if the curtains in this room represent New Zealand's taste in curtains. An outfit made from these curtains could rival the YEC creation.

Reno, I think (http://www.kotowsky.com/calneva/01reno%20hotel%20room%20(Medium).jpg) Baby blue is a nice colour, and I think it would go well with her eyes.

Reston, which Google tells me is in Virginia (http://www.securityworld.be/ws/02%20The%202%20week%20hotel%20room%20in%20Reston.j pg) This colour might be suitable for something to wear at night. It's probably more of a formal colour.

Orlando (http://www.iaml.com/cehrms/images/photos/orlando/hotel%20room.jpg) This is a very subtle colour. It could be turned into an elegant dress, but I don't think it would work as a sweater.

Holiday Inn, Cyprus (http://cyprus-online.com/holidayinn/cyprus-hotel-room.jpg) A very interesting pattern :D. Bepa could wear this pattern to stand out from the crowd. I actually quite like it :o

Some bed & breakfast in the UK (http://cyprus-online.com/holidayinn/cyprus-hotel-room.jpg) I like this pattern a lot. With some green trim on the cuffs and collar, I think that it would look great :yeah:

Holiday Inn - Narita, Japan (http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/~alex/photos/tokyo/Holiday%20Inn%20in%20Narita%20Room.JPG) These curtains would be great for a futuristic-looking outfit. They could be made into an outfit to wear to a movie premiere, or something similar.

Palazzo Versace, Gold Coast (http://www.palazzoversace.com.au/flash/index.htm) I can't post a picture because it's a Flash site, but the curtains here are Versace designs. It might be cheaper to buy a Versace outfit, rather than "use" these curtains.

~Rachel~
Dec 5th, 2004, 11:49 AM
In this pic, is that Lex on the right standing next to Jens (Myskina's coach)?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/gwennie03/8b-fed-cup-04-284.jpg

Epigone
Dec 5th, 2004, 12:02 PM
In this pic, is that Lex on the right standing next to Jens (Myskina's coach)?I've never seen Lex without a cap, but I'm sure that's him.

You can see that he's wearing Nike pants, which is quite interesting, given that most coaches that I've seen wear the same brand of clothes as the players they are coaching.

deep bass
Dec 5th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Yup, that's him. BTW, what is Kuzzie trying to do to Nastya?

Emptiness
Dec 5th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Feel her up.
Hey Jens and Lex have something in common, They're both balding. http://xs.to/pics/04104/smilie-xd.gif

Epi you http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-crazy.gif.
I'm starting to think her YEC top was more of a rug, from the texture. :tape:
And the link does work, you just have to paste it in windows media player. But uh, theres only a glimpse of Vera, Shamil takes up most of the clip talking through the side of his mouth. Anyways i uploaded it for the simple minded. :p ;)

Epigone
Dec 5th, 2004, 02:57 PM
I'm starting to think her YEC top was more of a rug, from the texture. :tape: If that's the case, then I hope that she had the rug steam cleaned before it was made into the top. All kinds of dirt and food could have been ground into during years of use.

I don't think that pattern was printed in the past two decades, so maybe she got it out of storage? :scratch:

And the link does work, you just have to paste it in windows media player. But uh, theres only a glimpse of Vera, Shamil takes up most of the clip talking through the side of his mouth. Anyways i uploaded it for the simple minded. :p ;)I saw Shamil's attempt at ventriloquism :p. It was the doubles match that wouldn't work. Bepa on one side of the net, and Nadia on the other *faints* :D

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2004, 05:20 PM
In this pic, is that Lex on the right standing next to Jens (Myskina's coach)?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/gwennie03/8b-fed-cup-04-284.jpg
There's a lot you can ask Lex about. He must have great stories about being black in the sport of tennis.

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Ask Vera about the Dementieva match in NY.
I want to know her opinion of what happened.

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 01:07 AM
There's a lot you can ask Lex about. He must have great stories about being black in the sport of tennis.Or some bad stories...

Ask Vera about the Dementieva match in NY.
I want to know her opinion of what happened.Bepa said in her postmatch interview what she thought happened, but I don't really buy that. Players shouldn't burst into tears when leading 5-1.

Daniel
Dec 6th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Thanks Epigone for the second answer :)

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Bepa said in her postmatch interview what she thought happened, but I don't really buy that. Players shouldn't burst into tears when leading 5-1.From the interview:Q. You were very emotional.
VERA ZVONAREVA: You wouldn't see any fourth round matches of a Grand Slam not emotional. So I think everybody have emotions and everybody try their best.

Q. Why did you get so emotional early in the second set when you had already won the first set and were playing well?
VERA ZVONAREVA: I don't know. It's just a game. Sometime it happens. When you can control it, you play better. Maybe next time I'll be better and win the match.

Q. Is it the frustration and anger as much as anything?
VERA ZVONAREVA: I don't think, you know, I showed my best tennis today. Maybe it's more frustration, that's why. Because she is a Top 10, so you should play your best to beat her.

Q. On your way to winning 6-1, you were already getting a bit frustrated. Were you just frustrated with yourself?
VERA ZVONAREVA: No. Maybe it's just -- you know, Elena was helping me a lot. She had a lot of unforced errors in the first set. But I still knew I wasn't playing my best in the first set, so maybe that's why I wasn't that comfortable on the court.

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Or some bad stories...

Lex could be a great interview. I haven't read an interview with him ever.

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Lex could be a great interview. I haven't read an interview with him ever.I have, but it was in Russian, so it took me ages to read. He is a funny guy.

Frank
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Sorry to go off-topic...Martin, how did you learn Russian?

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Sorry to go off-topic...Martin, how did you learn Russian?I have a book and CDs that give a basic introduction to Russian, I try to read articles that I find online, and I listen to a ton of Russian music, and follow the lyrics. That really helps to improve my vocabulary.

Travelling to Russia helped because I tried to speak Russian everywhere I went, and I picked up on some things. It even gave me enough courage to speak a little bit of Russian with Nastya when I saw her in Sopot. She understood me, so that was a huge relief :D

I also have a friend in Estonia (she's Russian-Estonian), and we have started having audio chats on MSN, and she is helping me with my pronunciation. However, the thing that I find really difficult is getting the correct endings on words, which is dependent on the case :sobbing:

Frank
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:04 PM
I have a book and CDs that give a basic introduction to Russian, I try to read articles that I find online, and I listen to a ton of Russian music, and follow the lyrics. That really helps to improve my vocabulary.

Travelling to Russia helped because I tried to speak Russian everywhere I went, and I picked up on some things. It even gave me enough courage to speak a little bit of Russian with Nastya when I saw her in Sopot. She understood me, so that was a huge relief :D

I also have a friend in Estonia (she's Russian-Estonian), and we have started having audio chats on MSN, and she is helping me with my pronunciation. However, the thing that I find really difficult is getting the correct endings on words, which is dependent on the case :sobbing: Thank you for the extensive reply. ;)

It's pretty impressive you speak Russian so well with self-education only.

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Thank you for the extensive reply. ;)No problem :D

It's pretty impressive you speak Russian so well with self-education only.I am very limited in what I can say. I'm thinking of staying in Russia for a few months next year, so then I will hopefully be able to speak it well ;)

I'm going to try and speak some Russian with the players at the Australian tournaments in January. I just hope that I don't irritate Nadia to the point where she gives me the finger :tape:

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:18 PM
From the Tennisrulz Awards (http://www.tennisrulz.com/articles/200412/01.htm)

FAST-RISING PLAYER
1.Alicia Molik.....21.8%
2.Vera Zvonareva...18.7%
3.Elena Bovina......7.5%

...Molik finally found the consistency that she lacked in previous years. Vera the Almost, as usual, almost won this award. But it's hard not to get the feeling that 2005 might be the year she stops coming up just a wee bit short. Last year's top two in this category (Sharapova & Kuznetsova) ended up winning grand slam titles this year.Bepa, take the next step in 2005 :bounce:

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:24 PM
If Nastya thinks Maria's accent is course, imagine what she thinks of your Russian.
Speak to Nadia and Vera in Russian. See if they understand you.

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:30 PM
I display (AUS) after my name, so hopefully they'll go easy on me :angel:

I won't try anything too difficult, so I should be fine.

I know how to ask for likes/dislikes, so I'll ask Bepa what kind of music she likes. I hope that she likes Monokini and Gluk'oza :dance:

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:32 PM
The players travel so much, they have to have ipods.

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:40 PM
The players travel so much, they have to have Ipods.iPod = :yawn:

Creative Zen Touch = :worship:

I wonder if Lex, being from NYC, has introduced Bepa to any East Coast hip-hop. Maybe she has some Mos Def and Wu-Tang Clan on her portable MP3 player :cool:

I know that Bepa loves Russian food/films/music, but I hope that she can also embrace just a little bit of American culture.

~Rachel~
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Sorry if I'm being nosy here, but I was just wondering Epigone, how are you able to ask Vera/Lex etc so many quetsions? Are you a journalist?

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:42 PM
I wonder if Lex, being from NYC, has introduced Bepa to any East Coash hip-hop. Maybe she has some Mos Def and Wu-Tang Clan on her portable MP3 player :cool:

I know that Bepa loves Russian food/films/music, but I hope that she can also embrace just a little bit of American culture.I'm sure Vera is listening to 50_cent and G-Unit

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Sorry if I'm being nosy here, but I was just wondering Epigone, how are you able to ask Vera/Lex etc so many quetsions? Are you a journalist?Not exactly, but I might be able to get a press pass for the Gold Coast and Sydney through inside-tennis.net. I will write stories and take pictures for the website during the tournaments. I did this at Sopot, and asked Nastya a question in a press conference about how she felt about Bepa being left out of the Olympic team :cool:

In addition, Bepa's official website will hopefully be up sometime soon, and content is needed for it, so I'm hoping to get some info from Bepa and Lex while they are in Australia. Ola, I'll :tape: now ;)

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:51 PM
I'm sure Vera is listening to 50_cent and G-UnitWeird YEC top aside, Bepa has taste.

I think that Bepa would care about lyrical content, so I doubt that she would listen to that trash :p

~Rachel~
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Not exactly, but I might be able to get a press pass for the Gold Coast and Sydney through inside-tennis.net. I will write stories and take pictures for the website during the tournaments. I did this at Sopot, and asked Nastya a question in a press conference about how she felt about Bepa being left out of the Olympic team :cool:

In addition, Bepa's official website will hopefully be up sometime soon, and content is needed for it, so I'm hoping to get some info from Bepa and Lex while they are in Australia. Ola, I'll :tape: now ;)

Thanks for the reply :) I was just curious how you were so lucky as to talk to Vera ;)

*Now considering getting a journalist-related job* :devil:

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Vera has to be Americanized to have Lex as a coach.
She could have done similar to what Lena did, hiring Olga.
Ask the questions I wrote the last few days.
I'll think of plenty more in the next few weeks.

Emptiness
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:01 PM
I'm sure Vera is listening to 50_cent and G-UnitG-G-G-G-G-G-Unit!
Ask Vera if she likes heavy rock, its funny to picture Vera headbanging. http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/h/headbang.gif

I bet shes more of a dance/trance/house girl than hiphop.

I picture Epi sitting in a dark room screaming and growling along with some metal song while swishing his long dirty, stanky hair around. :)

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the reply :) I was just curious how you were so lucky as to talk to Vera ;)At Sydney, you can stand/sit at the side of the practice courts, and talk to players when they have finished practising.

Earlier this year, I actually spent one afternoon watching Julia training Bepa. I was the only one there, so it was really cool. However, I was too nervous to talk to her that afternoon:o.

When I did talk to her, I told her to try to stay calm on court. When I realised what I had said, I thought that she might :shout: at me. Luckily, Bepa is an :angel:, and she had a little chuckle to herself about my suggestion :D

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Vera has to be Americanized to have Lex as a coach.
She could have done similar to what Lena did, hiring Olga.Julia probably suggested Lex, and it was a practical choice, as they had already been working together for a number of years. I'm assuming that it also meant that she wouldn't have to move out of Julia's house.

Ask the questions I wrote the last few days.I will refine some of them, but your spirit shall hopefully remain intact :D

I'll think of plenty more in the next few weeks.Thanks for your help :)

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:07 PM
At Sydney, you can stand/sit at the side of the practice courts, and talk to players when they have finished practising.
:DThis sounds like a good situation. A good time to annoy Vera:bounce: :angel:

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:13 PM
G-G-G-G-G-G-Unit!:lol: Pathetic music!

Ask Vera if she likes heavy rock, its funny to picture Vera headbanging. http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/h/headbang.gifI don't want to think about that :crying2:

I bet shes more of a dance/trance/house girl than hiphop.Monokini is dance music, so I'm fine with that :yeah:. However, I hope that she also appreciates urban music ;)

I picture Epi sitting in a dark room screaming and growling along with some metal song while swishing his long dirty, stanky hair around. :)I hate metal!!! :mad:

My hair is a slightly long because it hasn't been cut for awhile, but it is clean!!! :p

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:17 PM
This sounds like a good situation. A good time to annoy Vera:bounce: :angel:If I get a press pass, I will go through the official channels to conduct an interview, even after my Vera D. experience in Sopot :crying2:

I'll just talk to her about less formal stuff when I'm hanging out courtside. I might even give some coaching hints, at which point Lex will :smash: me.

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I don't talk to the players. Very rarely.
But I like to watch them walk past me, to see how big they are.

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:29 PM
I don't talk to the players. Very rarely.You have so much advice to give here in RR, but you are silent when you see players standing near you?

But I like to watch them walk past me, to see how big they are.Hmm, okay :D

When I saw Dinara in Sydney, I noticed that she is quite wide across the shoulders. I didn't really realise that from her pictures.

I like watching how players treat their training sessions. Dinara is very relaxed, while Bepa is just as intense as she is during matches, but minus the :crying2:

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:32 PM
You have so much advice to give here in RR, but you are silent when you see players standing near you?

Hmm, okay :D

I don't want to bother them. And I have nothing important to say:D

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:41 PM
I don't want to bother them.I also don't want to bother players, and I know that I can be quite annoying at times. However, I think that players appreciate when their fans show an interest, especially when the WTA doesn't promote them.

People didn't appear to be interested in Bepa this year, so I hope that I showed her that she had some support. When she played Lindsay, I was cheering for Bepa over the top of the pro-Lindsay crowd. I did my job, but I know that I can do even better next year :)

And I have nothing important to say:D:clap2: GL finally comes out with the truth :D

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:44 PM
That's what message boards are for - nothing important:D
Ask Lex and Vera about Julia's daughter.

Epigone
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Ask Lex and Vera about Julia's daughter.Bepa has mentioned Maria in an interview, although not by name. She (Bepa) said that she trains in Delray Beach, and that Julia's daughter sometimes hits with her.

*Wait* Actually, it was from Ola's interview (http://inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=article&id=37) :D

Q. Do you live with your parents or have your own place?
-I'm living with my parents: my mother and grandmother at home but I spend there only month and a half at home in Moscow because of the schedule. Actually I'm, practicing in Delray Beach, Florida when I have tournaments in the USA and I'm living with my coach over there, Julia and her daughter. She is practicing with us sometimes, she is 13. Maybe I will move somewhere in Moscow, I'm looking to move maybe some other place

Frank
Dec 6th, 2004, 07:20 PM
No problem :D

I am very limited in what I can say. I'm thinking of staying in Russia for a few months next year, so then I will hopefully be able to speak it well ;) Cool. You could learn me some Russian then, I have been wanting that for years, but I'm too lazy to start. :p

I'm going to try and speak some Russian with the players at the Australian tournaments in January. I just hope that I don't irritate Nadia to the point where she gives me the finger :tape: I always find it very cute when somebody is trying to speak Dutch (in her case Russian).

Daniel
Dec 7th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Epigone :kiss: :hug: :smooch:

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Epigone :kiss: :hug: :smooch::wavey: Daniel

I always find it very cute when somebody is trying to speak Dutch (in her case Russian).I want the Russian players to think that I'm cute :angel: .
Saying something like "как дела, Вера?" isn't difficult at all.

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Video #3 of Bepa vs Serena from LA is up at http://www.worldofvenus.net/

It's the 6th game of the 3rd set, and Serena's serve is firing :eek:

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Ask Vera if a full year of play is more tiring physically, or mentally, as the year goes on.

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Ask Vera if a full year of play is more tiring physically, or mentally, as the year goes on.Will do :yeah:

I think that Larissa Neiland was impressed with Bepa's determination to make the YEC. She was physically tired, but she had to pull herself together mentally to make it. By the time that she made the YEC, I think that she was was spent, both physically and mentally.

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2004, 03:27 PM
And don't forget to ask Lex about Maria's dad. Both at the YEC, and Montreal.

Frank
Dec 7th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I want the Russian players to think that I'm cute :angel: .
Saying something like "как дела, Вера?" isn't difficult at all.
I hope for you the Russian players think the same way I do then. :p

When a foreign girl is desperately trying to speak Dutch to me with a horrible accent I just melt. :angel:

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 03:45 PM
And don't forget to ask Lex about Maria's dad. Both at the YEC, and Montreal.I might ask Lex, but I don't think that I'll ask Bepa about Maria and Yuri. The Russian players must get sick of being asked questions about Maria. Lex would have had a great chance to observe Yuri's behaviour, but I don't know about his level of Russian comprehension, so maybe he couldn't understand what, if anything, was being yelled.

The only player I would really like to talk to about Maria is Nadia ;)

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Ask Glen about that match last summer. And ask Nadia.
Ask Vera about Maria's dad, and tell her you'll keep it a secret.
Then PM me.

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 03:59 PM
I hope for you the Russian players think the same way I do then. :p

When a foreign girl is desperately trying to speak Dutch to me with a horrible accent I just melt. :angel:Seriously, Dutch sounds :scared: :p.

I know that Evgenia Linetskaya can speak Dutch, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nadia can as well. I wonder what they would sound like :scratch:

Anyway, the Russian girls that I have met thought it was :cool: that I could speak some Russian. Maybe I will try to learn some interesting things to yell to Bepa during her matches :D

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Nadia lives in Holland.

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Ask Glen about that match last summer. And ask Nadia.That would hopefully reveal some very interesting information :devil:

Ask Vera about Maria's dad...I don't think that Bepa is the kind of person who will admit that she dislikes anyone :angel:.

She would probably say that she just has to focus on playing her best tennis. Some variation of that theme is usually her answer when she doesn't feel comfortable answering the question :p

tell her you'll keep it a secret. Then PM me.What are two of Bepa's pet peeves????

1. People without a sense of humour
2. People who don't tell the truth

It's important to know your subject, and that way you have less chance of them :shout: at you ;)

Frank
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Nadia lives in Holland. She does? :confused:

Usually coaches follow their players to where they live, and not the other way around.

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Sending me a PM is still keeping it a secret.
Vera knows that whatever she tells you, you can tell me.:angel:

Frank
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Seriously, Dutch sounds :scared: :p. Fully agreed! It has all these weird tones and is totally unlogical. There just aren't rules for many aspects, so you have to learn a lot through experience.

And because of that I can't pronounce certain tones in English. :(

I know that Evgenia Linetskaya can speak Dutch, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nadia can as well. I wonder what they would sound like :scratch: How come Evgenia speaks it?

I would most certainly like to hear them, Russian accents are just :hearts:

Anyway, the Russian girls that I have met thought it was :cool: that I could speak some Russian. Maybe I will try to learn some interesting things to yell to Bepa during her matches :D Are you going to do that interview with Vera in Russian? :p

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Sending me a PM is still keeping it a secret.
Vera knows that whatever she tells you, you can tell me.:angel:GL, you are the Anna of RR.

Anna loves publicity, and revealing secret information disclosed by Bepa would make you the centre of attention. To you, that would outweigh the :crying2: that you would cause Bepa.

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:29 PM
GL, you are the Anna of RR.

Anna loves publicity, and revealing secret information disclosed by Bepa would make you the centre of attention. To you, that would outweigh the :crying2: that you would cause Bepa.
I can keep a secret. If she tells you, it's because she wants me to know.
You're just the middle man.

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:33 PM
How come Evgenia speaks it?From an interview with Evgenia:
Your bio says you speak Russian, English and Dutch. How did you learn Dutch?
I practiced in Belgium for about two to three months, so I had a lot of friends from Holland. I can understand it and can have a basic conversation in Dutch, but I’m not fluent.

I would most certainly like to hear them, Russian accents are just :hearts:Indeed. I just wonder if a Russian accent could make Dutch sound better :bolt:

Are you going to do that interview with Vera in Russian? :pNo, since I actually want her to be able to understand the questions ;). I will ask some basic things in Russian, but only to show off :cool:

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:37 PM
I can keep a secret. If she tells you, it's because she wants me to know.
You're just the middle man.If Bepa wants to tell you something, she can PM you :nerner:

I don't want to gossip. I want to find out about all aspects of her career. That's what her fans want to know about.

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Vera has never posted here.:crying2: :crying2:
But I love gossip:D :D

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Vera has never posted here.:crying2: :crying2:She has probably dropped by, seen the trolls, and left.

In both actions and in words, she has proven that she is a smart young woman :D

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:55 PM
She has probably dropped by, seen the trolls, and left.

In both actions and in words, she has proven that she is a smart young woman :DIf Vera is smart, why is she talking to you?:D

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:14 PM
If Vera is smart, why is she talking to you?:DEven the greatest of minds have weaknesses :p

Bepa is a very accepting person. She will even talk to people like me :angel:

:wavey: Fragrance, I've just had a thought...
Maybe the YEC top was like the puffy shirt on Seinfeld. Perhaps someone asked her to wear it and, being such an angel, she agreed to wear it.

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Ask Vera if she is told to wear that Adidas line. Or if she has a choice, and wants to wear that line.

Epigone
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Ask Vera if she is told to wear that Adidas line. Or if she has a choice, and wants to wear that line.Now that is a good question. The problem is that she might not be able to talk about her contract :sad:

The Fed Cup outfit was so much better than anything else that she has worn all year. She just needs a couple of different coloured shirts and some white skirts, and she's ready to go.

I really hope that she doesn't have to wear that clonewear :o

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Ask Nadia that same question.