PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 03:55 PM
I don't like the line of Adidas that Vera and Nadia wear. Anything else is better.

Epigone
Nov 17th, 2004, 03:56 PM
The best way to prepare for the AO is to play in Sydney. Bepa will meet potential 4th round opponents there, so she can see where her game is relative to other top players.

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Sydney is a long hard week. Sveta played Eastbourne. Maria played Birmingham.
A week off is better.

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Sydney has a much more difficult draw then those tournaments.

Sydney is not played on grass either. It's on rebound ace. The ball bounces on that surface.
This means longer points in hot weather. If I were planning a schedule, I would play the week before Sydney. Then train up to the AO.

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Bovina, Zvonareva, everyone. Be fresh for Melbourne.
Sydney is a Tier II. QF points and money are no big deal.

Epigone
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:20 PM
QF points and money are no big deal.:eek: Am I reading this correctly?

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:21 PM
A Tier II QF loser gets $12,000.
It's not worth killing yourself for. It's better to be ready for a major.
A player at Vera's level has to look at the big picture.
A breakthrough at a major is huge. An extra round at a Tier II in the heat is tiring.

Emptiness
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:23 PM
No, Bepa couldn't handle what Tati wears. Bepa has a full backside, not a negative one. :pI wonder if Tati slips when she sits down. http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-confused.gif

Am I reading this correctly?Glox must of slipped out of character for a second. ;)

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:25 PM
A Tier II QF is like losing a Tier IV final. Sydney is a tough draw every round.
It's hard work in the heat. I wouldn't play it, if I was top 20.

Epigone
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Either she can't get past the QF, in which case she will suck at the AO, or she can, which means she could have a great AO.

I think Bepa can get past the QF, and have a great AO.

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Since 15 of the top 20 will be there, and it's a Tier II in the heat, I would skip it.

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:30 PM
The AO is so much more important than Sydney, there's no comparison.
Nastya lost early in Berlin and Rome. Sveta skipped New Haven.
Take the week before a major off. It keeps you fresh.

Epigone
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:34 PM
There are big points on offer to those players who are prepared to try.

I think that Bepa has the endurance to play Sydney, and then the AO.

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:38 PM
I think any good win, week 2 at a major, is a goal in 2005 for Vera.
Among other goals.
The AO will be wide open.
Vera needs be ready for 4 or 5 long, tough matches in the Melbourne heat.

Epigone
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:41 PM
GL, if conserving energy is such a big deal, why will Bepa be entered in singles, doubles, and mixed doubles?

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:42 PM
3 or 4 long singles matches in Sydney is much more tiring than doubles at a major.
That's mostly about waiting around.

Epigone
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:58 PM
3 or 4 long singles matches in Sydney is much more tiring than doubles at a major.
That's mostly about waiting around.Why do you assume that these matches will be long? Bepa could be on fire and crush her opponents.

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 02:16 PM
I don't expect Vera to wipe everyone out. She started slowly last January.
If she plays well at Sydney, it will tire her out.
But as a competitor, I'm sure she wants to be there.

Epigone
Nov 18th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Bepa almost beat Lindsay in Sydney this year. She got a bit upset by a bad call on a Davenport serve at the end of the third set, and that was it. But in the 1st set, Bepa was really on fire. She came out of the blocks quickly.

She can go far in Sydney, especially if she improves herself during her short offseason.

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 02:30 PM
She also lost to Svetik. Vera needs points. Nadia earned 425 at the US Open.
Vera never got near 300 all year. She needs a big major.

Epigone
Nov 18th, 2004, 02:44 PM
GL, you get points by winning matches at tournaments. Bepa can win points at the Gold Coast, Sydney, and the Australian Open.

Justine managed to win the AO after winning Sydney. Sure, she had to play one less match in Sydney when Lindsay withdrew from the SF, but she didn't drop dead from exhaustion.

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Justine did tire out, later in the year.
The big points are at the second week of a major, and the YEC.
Vera needs to be fresh for those events.

Epigone
Nov 18th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Bepa will probably take a break between the AO and Memphis. That will give her at least two weeks to recover.

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Memphis helps a good charity, but it's only a Tier III. That was a problem this year.
She had to beat Maria and Lisa to win a Tier III.
And she had to play Lindsay in Tier III Cincinnati.
Vera has to plan her shedule carefully.

Epigone
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Lindsay was given a WC to Cincinnati at the last moment. If not for that, it was Bepa's tournament.

After Memphis, she can choose to play Bogota, Acapulco, or both, and that should be a little easier, as she is probably more suited to clay.

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Vera has to get points at Indian Wells and Key Biscayne. That was a mess this year.
Especially IW. Vera should have made the semis.

Epigone
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Of course it was a mess, but I very much doubt that it was due to fatigue.

Bepa has meltdowns, and no amount of rest is going to prevent that from happening. Hopefully she will try to address the problem now.

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Vera has lost 4 straight matches, to end 2004. I think she needs some wins to start the new year.
That means play before Sydney, and if it's hot, take that week off.

Epigone
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:25 PM
She should play Gold Coast, Sydney, and AO.

Take the Gold Coast title, compete well in Sydney while attempting to conserve energy, and then make an assault on the AO.

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I believe in peaking at the majors. That's what the top players should be doing.
Plus IW-Miami, Moscow, and the YEC.
Vera should treat the AO as the center of her January.
Then map out a schedule that gets her to IW in peak form.
Then point for RG.

Epigone
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:40 PM
It's all well and good to try to peak at the majors, but Bepa can meltdown at any time, and that throws the planning out the window.

Just look to what happened at the US Open. She was in great hardcourt form, and then had a breakdown while leading against Elena D.

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Vera didn't play well in Cincinnati. She was peaking in California and Montreal.

Epigone
Nov 18th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Yes, Bepa has to build towards big tournaments, but I still feel that her mental state is more important than her physical conditioning.

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 04:03 PM
I think she played too much, and her focus was on and off.
I would rather Vera was mentally fresh for the majors. And really fight for every point.
That's hard to do. I think you have to be fresh.

Epigone
Nov 18th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Bepa cries when she gets frustrated with the way that she is playing. I don't think that taking a week or two off before a major will change the way that she feels during matches. She can either a) become so proficient that she never makes UEs, or even mishits a shot, or b) get someone to help her deal with her frustration.

She knows best how her body is responding to her schedule, and she can adjust it accordingly. However, her head is more difficult to understand, and I think that as long as she is physically fit, she should try to play.

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Vera rarely took off a week this year. And she had few good wins, not enough.
Maybe beating Jennifer and Nadia in Philly were her big wins.
She played her best in the summer, in between majors.
But didn't go deep into the second week of a major.
I want Vera to have a breakthrough. That can only happen at a major.

Emptiness
Nov 18th, 2004, 09:36 PM
http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-confused.gif I think you're a little ahead of yourself Glox.
A breakthrough would be winning a tier II or above. That would show she can deal with a high pressure situation, then she can transfer that into majors where the pressure is even more tremendous.

vaiva
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Vera :hug:

If only she could play more often the way she dismantled Capriati in Philly. That was the Vera's tennis I fell in love a couple of years ago: precise and aggressive! My wish for Vera in 2005 is to play more often like that. Vera's too talented to be bullied by the other top girls.

Don't be a crybaby, be a Zvera!

Epigone
Nov 19th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Vera's too talented to be bullied by the other top girls.:clap2:

Bepa needs to begin attacking from the very start of matches, and when she takes the 1st set, she can't let the intensity drop off.

Frank
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:41 AM
What's a Zvera?

Epigone
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:04 AM
What's a Zvera?It sounds like зверя (zverya), which means beast/wild animal

Frank
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:08 AM
It sounds like зверя (zverya), which means beast/wild animal Thanks. ;)

Well, she doesn't lack in the intensity department.

goldenlox
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:13 PM
I think you're a little ahead of yourself Glox.
A breakthrough would be winning a tier II or above. That would show she can deal with a high pressure situation, then she can transfer that into majors where the pressure is even more tremendous.When you make the YEC, you're future breakthroughs come in majors.
Vera made the YEC by making the finals of Tier II Philly.
The move into the top of the sport happens at majors.

Epigone
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:35 PM
While not writing off Bepa's AO hopes this year, I think that her 1st big tournament win with be on clay, and she will follow that up with the FO title.

goldenlox
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:38 PM
I think the FO is a good place to breakthrough because the clay dulls the weapons of Maria and Serena.
I expect the FO's to be wide open. Just like for the men.

Epigone
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:46 PM
If Nastya can win the FO, Bepa definitely can win.

Her game is suited to clay, so if her serve is firing, I can see her winning (provided her mental approach improves).

goldenlox
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:48 PM
I think Vera is an all court player, like Sveta.
The FO dulls the big serves, and heavy groundstrokes.
But the FO takes takes patience and consistency. Those aren't strengths for Vera.

Nastya's sister
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:04 PM
When you make the YEC, you're future breakthroughs come in majors.
The move into the top of the sport happens at majors.
Anna made YEC and I'm still waiting for her breakthrough in a Tier V!

Epigone
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:06 PM
But the FO takes takes patience and consistency. Those aren't strengths for Vera.Those aren't really Nastya's strengths either, yet she took the title.

Certainly, Bepa needs to work on the way she thinks, but I think that her shots are consistent enough for her to be a real threat. And remember that her new serve didn't appear until after the clay season, so that is something that will make her even more potent.

goldenlox
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Anna and Lena D. were both in the semis of the 2000 YEC.
Anna made her breakthrough at 1997 Wimbledon.
And making the final of 1998 Key Biscayne.

I'm waiting for Vera's breakthrough.

Nastya's sister
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I think the FO is a good place to breakthrough because the clay dulls the weapons of Maria and Serena.
I expect the FO's to be wide open. Just like for the men.
If Justine plays, and isn't near death with her 100 diseases, she's the clear cut favorite!

I agree that it also hurts Maria, but I think she's a very overrated player anyway!

Good luck in Gold Coast, Vera! But, maybe you should be playing Auckland!

goldenlox
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:11 PM
If Justine plays, and isn't near death with her 100 diseases, she's the clear cut favorite!

I agree that it also hurts Maria, but I think she's a very overrated player anyway!

Good luck in Gold Coast, Vera! But, maybe you should be playing Auckland!
I agree. Auckland, then rest a week.

Nastya's sister
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:12 PM
I agree! Gold Coast has some wacky fans too! They might cheer her and she'd cry!

Epigone
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:17 PM
I agree. Auckland, then rest a week.:fiery: The both of you need to :tape: before I let fly up in here :p

Epigone
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:19 PM
I agree! Gold Coast has some wacky fans too! They might cheer her and she'd cry!Yes, I am wacky, and I'll probably make her cry. We all need to cry sometimes.

Nastya's sister
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:24 PM
:fiery: The both of you need to :tape: before I let fly up in here :p
I am :tape:! My MSN chat device is stagnant!

Epigone
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:32 PM
I am :tape:! My MSN chat device is stagnant!I'm not really in much of a chatting mood. I'm :crying2: because I won't get to talk to Vera D., and because I'm reflecting on the frustrating seasons of two players I like.

Bepa, please play to your potential in '05 :)

Nastya's sister
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:34 PM
I'm not really in much of a chatting mood. I'm :crying2: because I won't get to talk to Vera D., and because I'm reflecting on the frustrating seasons of two players I like.

Bepa, please play to your potential in '05 :)
Then only put well-known tennis players on your list, like Anzela!

Epigone
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Then only put well-known tennis players on your list, like Anzela!If Nadia follows Vera D. to Canberra, I'll be :sobbing:. Bepa will play here because the Gold Coast is a beautiful place, and she could be seeded #1.

Russians, please commit to the Gold Coast and Sydney.

I want my Russian flag autographed :)

Nastya's sister
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:56 PM
It would be so sad if Nadia was DELETED off the Sydney list! But only 28 players can play in Sydney! No more! I'm under the same situation! If somebody doesn't want to participate, I can DELETE them!

Epigone
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Okay, looking at the rankings, I doubt that anyone higher than Bepa will play the Gold Coast. Sveta did this year, but she is playing an exhibition in Hong Kong that week. Alicia Molik, another tough player ranked just below Bepa will be in Perth for the Hopman Cup.

I'm expecting Nadia to play, and Elena Bovina could also play, as well as Ai Sugiyama.

Bepa has a great shot at opening the year with a title.

goldenlox
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:25 PM
If Vera goes deep in that draw, she should consider skipping Sydney.
Although she needs all the points she can get.

Epigone
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:33 PM
If she is feeling comfortable, she should also play Sydney.

Bepa needs a confidence boost, and wins over top 10 players in Sydney would inspire her for the AO.

Nastya's sister
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Okay, looking at the rankings, I doubt that anyone higher than Bepa will play the Gold Coast. Sveta did this year, but she is playing an exhibition in Hong Kong that week. Alicia Molik, another tough player ranked just below Bepa will be in Perth for the Hopman Cup.

I'm expecting Nadia to play, and Elena Bovina could also play, as well as Ai Sugiyama.

Bepa has a great shot at opening the year with a title.
Judging from prior Gold Coast tournaments, this is how I see it!:

1. Vera Zvonareva!
2. Nadia Petrova!
3. Patty Schnyder!
4. Elena Bovina!
5. Karolina Sprem!
6. Sugiyama Ai!
7. Francesca Schiavone!
8. Nathalie Dechy!

Epigone
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Judging from prior Gold Coast tournaments, this is how I see it!:

1. Vera Zvonareva!
2. Nadia Petrova!
3. Patty Schnyder!
4. Elena Bovina!
5. Karolina Sprem!
6. Sugiyama Ai!
7. Francesca Schiavone!
8. Nathalie Dechy!That's a pretty good lineup for a Tier III. Bepa would really need to perform, but it would be great warmup for Sydney and the AO.

Andrew.
Nov 20th, 2004, 01:07 AM
I feel unwelcomed in this thread.

Emptiness
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Thats because you are.
Kidding. Just squish your ass in here, thats what i did and these guys are pretty nice well except Glox, shes not programmed to be. ;)

When you make the YEC, you're future breakthroughs come in majors.
The move into the top of the sport happens at majors.She made the final and didn't win. If she can't handle the pressure and preform her best at a tier II how can she do it at a grand slam? And unfortunately i don't think she'll be a contender for Roland Garros. Certainly Anastasia was a surprise winner but she won Moscow and Leipzig beforehand, Vera has won Memphis. That is hardly comparable with the competition and atmosphere of a major. Players rarely make such a huge transistion, and i doubt Vera would be one of them. But i think, hope, in 2005 she can start regularly beating top 10 players and take a tier II or I.

Epigone
Nov 20th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Maria Sharapova had only won Tier III titles before winning Wimbledon.

Bepa's skills + Masha's self belief would = titles

Her serve let her down on clay this year, but now it looks to be improving. I have very high hopes for next year.

Emptiness
Nov 20th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Yeah. But Vera doesn't have Maria's fearlessness...
Her name is like an oxymoron. http://xs2.xs.to/pics/04112/smilie-rolleyes.gif

Epigone
Nov 20th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Yeah. But Vera doesn't have Maria's fearlessness...
Her name is like an oxymoron. http://xs2.xs.to/pics/04112/smilie-rolleyes.gifYes, it is rather :D that her name is Bepa, when she clearly doesn't show it.

Bepa can be fearless at times, but it only happens when she is really happy with how she is playing. The problem is that she needs to be fearless when she isn't playing well. She needs to motivate herself to get back into the match, but instead she gets down on herself.

goldenlox
Nov 20th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Maria Sharapova had only won Tier III titles before winning Wimbledon.

Bepa's skills + Masha's self belief would = titles

Her serve let her down on clay this year, but now it looks to be improving. I have very high hopes for next year.
Maria is still 17. What she does great is return serve, and focus.
Those are two areas Vera can improve on.

Epigone
Nov 20th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Maria is still 17. What she does great is return serve, and focus.
Those are two areas Vera can improve on.Bepa can return serve well. Often, I think that she is more likely to break than to hold. Focus is the big issue.

goldenlox
Nov 20th, 2004, 02:36 PM
When Vera is playing good players, I've seen her lose several games in a row.
Against Venus, Lindsay - that level player. A part of that is focus.
But if she returned serve well, she would never lose to Craybas at a Tier I.

Epigone
Nov 20th, 2004, 02:51 PM
When Bepa gets upset, she can sometimes swing wildly at everything, and commit a heap of UEs in a short amount of time. It's possible for her to throw matches away in this manner.

The key is to forget the previous point, and focus on the next one.

goldenlox
Nov 20th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Vera can improve almost every aspect of her game. I'd like to see more of what I saw this summer.

Epigone
Nov 20th, 2004, 03:17 PM
I'd like to see Bepa play singles like she did against Capriati in Philadelphia, and doubles like she did in the final of the Kremlin Cup.

goldenlox
Nov 20th, 2004, 03:32 PM
I'd like to see play the way she did against Serena and Anastasia in California, but finish better in the third set.

pav
Nov 20th, 2004, 05:49 PM
I liked the talk back a bit that Vera should enter Auckland! but mainly for selfish reasons, I see the highest seeded commitment there so far is Dani(can't spell it) the defending champ. the organizer said pretty sure He would have a live scoreboard, and that He was working on getting some Russians, but Gold Coast could be a better workout for Bepa.Pity, if She'd come back to Auck. and wore the YEC top She could have been a big fashion hit in parts of the city!

goldenlox
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:00 PM
The warmup events for the AO are awful. Little money, or a very tough Tier II.
I can see why everyone wants to play exhibitions.

Nastya's sister
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:04 PM
It's not about money, it's about having good preparation for the Australian Open. And the ranking points definitely help. Vera winning Gold Coast can get her a Top 8 seed for Melbourne.

goldenlox
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:07 PM
With the whole tour in Australia, the WTA should have a Tier I, and 2 Tier II's before the AO.
The players showing up in Sydney are way too good for a Tier II.

Nastya's sister
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:12 PM
A Tier II is meant for the best players in the world.

The problem enlies in that these tournies are played in Australia or New Zealand, and they're not big enough to hold important tournaments.

The WTA could run some tourneys in Asia in January. I think that's the perfect time to move the Doha and Dubai tournaments to. The men's fields are pretty strong for the Doha tourney.

goldenlox
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:15 PM
I'm looking at it from a player's perspective. I would rather play an exhibition, than a Tier II with 12 of the top 15.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 01:41 AM
I liked the talk back a bit that Vera should enter Auckland! but mainly for selfish reasons, I see the highest seeded commitment there so far is Dani(can't spell it) the defending champ. the organizer said pretty sure He would have a live scoreboard, and that He was working on getting some Russians, but Gold Coast could be a better workout for Bepa.Pity, if She'd come back to Auck. and wore the YEC top She could have been a big fashion hit in parts of the city!I think that Bepa should be seeded #1 for the Gold Coast, and I think being seeded #1 for a Tier III is better than being seeded #1 for a Tier IV.

I don't want Bepa playing tournaments so that she want win easy titles. I want her playing so that she can improve her game against top players.

Also. if she plays Gold Coast, there will be no reason for the YEC top to come out of the cupboard :D . She will have to wear summer attire because the temperature will most likely be at least 30 degrees :cool:

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 01:49 AM
I'm looking at it from a player's perspective. I would rather play an exhibition, than a Tier II with 12 of the top 15.That's because you think that all that players care about is money :p

A Tier II title with 12 of the top 15 players is a great thing for any player to win, both in terms of points, and in terms of confidence building. You would get a lot of quality points if you had to battle through that many top players to win.

Also, a win against a top player at a Tour event means more than a win over that same player at an exhibition because you are playing for real in Tour events.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 02:26 AM
Players do care about the money, though. Generally, if they get direct entry into a bigger tier, they're going to play. If all that mattered was winning and rankings, more players ranked 13-30 would be playing Tier III's and IV's. Their ranking would be higher.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 02:34 AM
Players do care about the money, though. Generally, if they get direct entry into a bigger tier, they're going to play. If all that mattered was winning and rankings, more players ranked 13-30 would be playing Tier III's and IV's. Their ranking would be higher.A player won't improve as much if they a constantly beating up on lower-ranked players at Tier IIIs and Tier IVs. Tier I tournaments give players a chance to compete against the best in the sport. That learning experience can then be applied to GS tournaments, where the title is more important than the prizemoney.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 02:37 AM
A player won't improve as much if they a constantly beating up on lower-ranked players at Tier IIIs and Tier IVs. Tier I tournaments give players a chance to compete against the best in the sport. That learning experience can then be applied to GS tournaments, where the title is more important than the prizemoney.
I always believed that, since in my own personal experiences, it doesn't help crushing players of lower levels... but, it may be different for the WTA!

Alicia Molik would be one example. Sharapova could possibly be another.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 02:54 AM
I always believed that, since in my own personal experiences, it doesn't help crushing players of lower levels... but, it may be different for the WTA!

Alicia Molik would be one example. Sharapova could possibly be another.I could see it helping if you are out of form and need to get back your rhythm, or if you want to experiment with your game, but if you are a highly skilled player, you should be taking that game to higher tier tournaments.

I think that players in lower tier tournaments don't have to face the enormous mental pressure that comes with playing on a larger stage, unless they are a player like Sharapova who has the whole tournament based around her. Dealing with the pressure is an enormous factor in being able to win big titles.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 02:58 AM
Vera and Nadia need to play lower tiers. They don't win big titles. So, not much money.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 03:23 AM
Bepa and Nadia should be trying to rise to a higher level. They will have to beat higher-ranked players at slams, so why not try to beat them at every tournament?

Besides, Nadia won enough Tier I and II doubles titles to make a good living.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 03:28 AM
Linz was a good opportunity for Nadia. She blew it.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 03:42 AM
Linz was a good opportunity for Nadia. She blew it.Yes, she she blew it, but she did manage to make the SF two years in a row. There is no reason for her to be playing Tier IIIs and IVs.

The same goes for Bepa. She has to face up to the challenge, and not play chicken in Tier IIIs and IVs. Bepa should play at least one of the early clay tournaments, but that's because it makes scheduling sense, and she is comfortable on that surface.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 03:47 AM
Nadia lost to the better player in Linz.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 03:49 AM
Nadia lost to the better player in Linz.No. Nadia just notched up another mark on the choking scoreboard.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 03:50 AM
Nadia was down in the 3rd set. If anything, it's the opponent who choked.

Also, you do realize the ramifications of a certain decision you're making... I hope.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:00 AM
Nadia was down in the 3rd set. If anything, it's the opponent who choked.

Also, you do realize the ramifications of a certain decision you're making... I hope.I know that I wish to discuss Bepa Zvonareva in this thread. Sadly, others don't wish to do so.

Bepa and Nadia are very similar in that they have serious mental blocks. Unlike blocks which allow players to filter out annoying fist pumps and people who continue to be jealous, despite saying they would stop, these mental blocks have a very negative impact on performance.

However, I don't want Bepa to turn into a fist-pumper. It's okay when Nadia does it, but I don't think that it would suit Bepa's style.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:09 AM
I know that I wish to discuss Bepa Zvonareva in this thread. Sadly, others don't wish to do so.

Bepa and Nadia are very similar in that they have serious mental blocks. Unlike blocks which allow players to filter out annoying fist pumps and people who continue to be jealous, despite saying they would stop, these mental blocks have a very negative impact on performance.

However, I don't want Bepa to turn into a fist-pumper. It's okay when Nadia does it, but I don't think that it would suit Bepa's style.
You haven't blocked me.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:14 AM
I wonder why WTATour.com still says that Zvonareva is pronounced "zvon-a-RAY-vuh" :confused:

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:17 AM
I wonder why the Zvonareva fan has no friends.

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:19 AM
I wonder why the Zvonareva fan has no friends. Because he lies, like Sherry.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:19 AM
But, he knows so much about you. You love me.

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:20 AM
But, he knows so much about you. You love me. But, he knows you're the object of my sexual desires.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:22 AM
I wonder why the Zvonareva fan has no friends.Bepa has more than one fan. Sure, she isn't the most popular player on tour, but it would help if the WTA promoted more than just a handful of players.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:22 AM
I doubt he knows what sex is.

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:25 AM
I doubt he knows what sex is. Just so he knows:
sex http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fsearch%3 Fq%3Dsex) ( P ) Pronunciation Key (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html) (shttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/ebreve.gifks)
n.

The property or quality by which organisms are classified as female or male on the basis of their reproductive organs and functions.
Either of the two divisions, designated female and male, of this classification.

Females or males considered as a group.
The condition or character of being female or male; the physiological, functional, and psychological differences that distinguish the female and the male. See Usage Note at gender (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gender).
The sexual urge or instinct as it manifests itself in behavior.
Sexual intercourse.
The genitals.
:wavey:

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:25 AM
Woah.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:33 AM
Try as some people might, this thread will not be derailed.

Does anyone know if Nastya wants to play a full doubles schedule next season?

Bepa needs to make the doubles top 10 a serious goal for next year, so she'll need a partner who wants to play.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:42 AM
a∑sex∑u∑al
Audio pronunciation of "asexual" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-sksh-l)
adj.

1. Having no evident sex or sex organs; sexless.
2. Relating to, produced by, or involving reproduction that occurs without the union of male and female gametes, as in binary fission or budding.
3. Lacking interest in or desire for sex.
4. Epigone.

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:42 AM
a∑sex∑u∑al Audio pronunciation of "asexual" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-sksh-l)
adj.

1. Having no evident sex or sex organs; sexless.
2. Relating to, produced by, or involving reproduction that occurs without the union of male and female gametes, as in binary fission or budding.
3. Lacking interest in or desire for sex.
4. Epigone. erectile dysfunction
n. Abbr. ED

1. The inability to achieve penile erection or to maintain an erection until ejaculation. Also called impotence.
2. Epigone.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:53 AM
Epigone, please bring order to this thread.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:57 AM
Nobody has posted in Elena Bovina's thread for 37 hours, and the last poster was trolldenlox. Maybe you want to take this discussion into that thread. Afterall, some people may actually want to discuss the topic of Bepa ZVONAREVA (RUS) in this thread.

Bepa scored only 3 doubles points in Australia this year. Watch her soar up the rankings! :yippee:

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:04 AM
But, the dictionary mentioned you.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:15 AM
But, the dictionary mentioned you.The title of this thread is "Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread!!!!". As I'm not mentioned in the title, I'm not sure what relevance that has to this thread.

If Bepa and Nastya play doubles like they did in the final of the KC, they can win a GS title in doubles this year. That is, if Nastya doesn't get "injured" and have to withdraw.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:18 AM
But, nobody else cares.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:24 AM
But, nobody else cares.People who care will post soon. In the meantime, I'm preventing this thread from becoming hijacked.

Bepa in '05 :clap2:

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:24 AM
Let's focus on me.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:25 AM
People who care will post soon. In the meantime, I'm preventing this thread from becoming hijacked.

Bepa in '05 :clap2:
Where's the site that nobody cares about?

You're not delivering any content.

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:27 AM

You're not delivering any content. I thought this thread was about my love and devotion to you.

I thought I was Lina. :confused:

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:28 AM
I thought this thread was about my love and devotion to you.

I thought I was Lina. :confused:
I think you are Lina. And, I love you.

Stop trolling to poor Epigone.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:29 AM

You're not delivering any content.It will be up before the end of the year, although it's not like you care.

It will be the #1 stop for Bepa fans.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:30 AM
It's Vera's official site! Of course, I care!

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:36 AM
It's Vera's official site! Of course, I care!You don't like Bepa. If you did, you wouldn't be attempting to hijack her thread.

Trolling behaviour such as this will not be tolerated in the forum.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:36 AM
You don't like Bepa. If you did, you wouldn't be attempting to hijack her thread.

Trolling behaviour such as this will not be tolerated in the forum.
We like Bepa. :)

We just don't like someone else who's being very rude.

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:41 AM
We like Bepa. :)

We just don't like someone else who's being very rude. And tell LIES. I don't tolerate.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:45 AM
I concur, Andrew.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:46 AM
We just don't like someone else who's being very rude.I'm not being rude to Andrew.. I am simply intent on discussing Bepa, rather than personal matters which shouldn't be dragged into this forum :).

Hopefully crowds in Australia will support Bepa next year. I'm sure she'd like to hear support from the stands.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:48 AM
I believe you were rude to Andrew. He may need to explain.

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:49 AM
I was slandered.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:49 AM
Slanderer!

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:54 AM
How did I slander Andrew.?

And what does any of this have to do with Bepa?

Bepa for the AO mixed doubles title!!! :dance:

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:56 AM
How did I slander Andrew.?

And what does any of this have to do with Bepa?

Bepa for the AO mixed doubles title!!! :dance:
Andrew, please tell this stud what he did wrong.

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:00 AM
I believe that you stated I was in love with a certain poster.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:01 AM
Why would Epigone say such a thing when he's never talked to you?

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:05 AM
Maybe Epigone said that because Epigone was told by Leena that the only reason that Andrew. likes Elena BOVINA (RUS) is because Leena likes her? :scratch:

Back to Bepa...

I hope that they change her profile pic on WTATour.com soon. I liked her old one much more.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:13 AM
What would Epigone know about liking people?

He should learn to be quiet.

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:15 AM
I like Lena BOVINA (RUS) because she is big bird, and like Lindsay LEACH (USA).

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:16 AM
And won New Haven.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:17 AM
What would Epigone know about liking people?

He should learn to be quiet.I know that I like Bepa ZVONAREVA (RUS), and I have many international friends :)

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:17 AM
Dear, Bepa doesn't know who you are.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:24 AM
Dear, Bepa doesn't know who you are.Uhm, okay...

I'm going to conduct part of my Gold Coast interview with Bepa in Russian. Nastja and I were talking last night, and she said that I have good pronunciation :cool:. That means that Bepa will hopefully not get :confused: and :mad: when I ask questions in Russian :)

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:25 AM
Dear, leave poor Bepa alone and not waste her time with some amateur "interview".

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:27 AM
Ask cool_olga for a press pass.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:30 AM
Dear, leave poor Bepa alone and not waste her time with some amateur "interview".Don't "dear" me.

Bepa will want content for her site, and this is a great way to do it. It will be a proper interview, and I want it to cover a whole range of topics. Judging by what passes for an interview nowadays, this one will be of a high standard.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:32 AM
Ask cool_olga for a press pass.I discussed it with Ola when I was staying with her in Sopot. I would have had an interview with Vera DOUCHEVINA (RUS), had it not been for the forgetful media director. However, I think I should have less trouble at the Gold Coast.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:35 AM
Don't "dear" me.

Bepa will want content for her site, and this is a great way to do it. It will be a proper interview, and I want it to cover a whole range of topics. Judging by what passes for an interview nowadays, this one will be of a high standard.
Dear, Bepa doesn't give a shit about your site.

I discussed it with Ola when I was staying with her in Sopot. I would have had an interview with Vera DOUCHEVINA (RUS), had it not been for the forgetful media director. However, I think I should have less trouble at the Gold Coast.

Seriously, just leave these poor tennis girls alone. I don't know why these people even let you bother them.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:43 AM
Dear, Bepa doesn't give a shit about your site.You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Seriously, just leave these poor tennis girls alone. I don't know why these people even let you bother them.Giving interviews helps to promote the players, which in turn promotes the Tour :rolleyes:

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:46 AM
You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

And you do? Have you asked her about the site?

Giving interviews helps to promote the players, which in turn promotes the Tour

The WTA couldn't care less about a kiddy site.

Ola is still a baby. At least she has an excuse for having nothing better to do then bother tennis players.

You don't.

You're a 24 year-old freak.

I hope Vera has enough sense to realize that, and gets her people to kick your scrawny, diseased skeleton body out of the area.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:55 AM
The WTA couldn't care less about a kiddy site.If you want to hurl insults, go somewhere else.

Daniel
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:09 AM
Some people here are just jelous of you Epigone. :hug: :smooch: :D

rrfnpump
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:21 AM
:boxing:

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:27 AM
Some people here are just jelous of you Epigone. :hug: :smooch: :DI just repped you in Nadia's thread :crying2:. Consider this an IOU :D

I think it's a shame that more Bepa fans don't post in this thread. It is often pretty quiet in here.

Daniel
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:36 AM
Thanks :hug: i have to giove more rep aroing to give it to u again :)

yeah maybe because it is the endof the year but i am sure when she plays Fed Cup everyone will be here .

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:56 AM
Some excerpts from an On The Line article by Ken Kamlet that reported on Bepa's match against Amelie at the YEC.
Source: http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/04wtakk2.htm
Another day brought another chance for Eastern Europe's most emotionally volatile player to have a temper tantrum.broke one racquet in anger (no code violation from the ump)punched a ball so hard in the air that it got lost in the electronic scoreboard never to be seen again.:eek: :lol:
Zvonareva still anticipates playing Fed Cup and expects to have enough energy to get through that event, but admitted she will likely reduce her intense schedule in 2005

cool_olga
Nov 21st, 2004, 02:11 PM
Ola is still a baby. At least she has an excuse for having nothing better to do then bother tennis players.
Don't bring me in your fights, okay? I have nothing to do with it, you don;t know if I am baby or not, you don't know me at all. I would be thankful if I wasn't mentioned in this situation.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:11 PM
There's only very little a player can do with their own website.
I think here, in Russian Roulette, I've created a positive atmosphere to discuss Russian tennis.
But Vera can only do so much with her own site.

Vera should be careful with who she deals with. She's a wealthy celebrity, and she has to be careful.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:35 PM
Yeah, it's a real positive atmosphere :rolleyes: :p

There are trolls galore in RR.

I thought that this thread would be immune, but some people are very petty.

I'd like to discuss Bepa's plans for doubles next year.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:35 PM
Don't bring me in your fights, okay? I have nothing to do with it, you don;t know if I am baby or not, you don't know me at all. I would be thankful if I wasn't mentioned in this situation.
Judging by all your childish posts here, yes you are a baby. And you're VERY annoying.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:36 PM
There's one wacky Bovina fan that you have to ignore. Otherwise, this is a great place.
We celebrate all the players. They're a team.:hug: :smooch:

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah, it's a real positive atmosphere :rolleyes: :p

There are trolls galore in RR.

I thought that this thread would be immune, but some people are very petty.

I'd like to discuss Bepa's plans for doubles next year.
Maybe the fans should realize they bring it on themselves. :)

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:41 PM
There's one wacky Bovina fan that you have to ignore. Otherwise, this is a great place.
We celebrate all the players. They're a team.:hug: :smooch:
I don't see the point of this as I am a Bepa fan...

But, it's stupid just to like all players they are Russian. Who cares about their nationality?

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:45 PM
I've been telling you, go post in the USA section. They need you there.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:49 PM
I've been telling you, go post in the USA section. They need you there.
I do post there, since I'm a fan of Lindsay and Marissa and a couple others. I also post in other country forums. You don't, you insist on posting crap in every Russian player's forums. What's your point?

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:51 PM
The point is, I post my thoughts where I want to post them.
If that bothers you, then be bothered by it.

Leena is studying my posting habits.:cuckoo:

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:57 PM
You don't post thoughts. You post blatantly obvious garbage to be annoying.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 04:58 PM
Those are my thoughts. One person's garbage is another person's treasure.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:00 PM
Those are my thoughts. One person's garbage is another person's treasure.
To people like K-LinaSpremFan.

Take from that what you will.

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:01 PM
I do post there, since I'm a fan of Lindsay and Marissa and a couple others. I also post in other country forums. You don't, you insist on posting crap in every Russian player's forums. What's your point? You don't provide me with enough backup in there. :crying2:

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:02 PM
You don't provide me with enough backup in there. :crying2:
When they're playing again. And Marissa stops sucking. :bigcry:

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:04 PM
When they're playing again. And Marissa stops sucking. :bigcry: Good. I'd like to point out how I tried to salvage the Herd in your absence.

Nastya's sister
Thanks for that.

But, the Herd will still suffer an unfortunate death.

goldenlox
Back to Vera. I don't think she cares much about the internet.
But if she has an official site that is well done, she'll probably like it.

But Russian Roulette is the place where we can really discuss the matches.

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:07 PM
Vera Zvonareva def. Elena Bovina 6-3 6-0

Dissect.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:07 PM
GL :clap2:

But you are wrong in one respect. Bepa does care about the internet.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:08 PM

Dissect.
Clay.

Let's discuss prior matches on rebound ace. Which is the next surface on the WTA schedule.

Andrew.
Bepa posted on a message board once. But fans said she was fake and told her off. I think she stopped caring at that point.

Andrew.
Clay.

Let's discuss prior matches on rebound ace. Which is the next surface on the WTA schedule. Elena Bovina def. Vera Zvonareva 6-2 6-1.

Dissect.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:09 PM
These Leena wannabes think they're Leena.

Epigone

Dissect.Lena's big weapons were neutralised by the clay surface, and Bepa probably ground her down from the baseline. I thought that Lena would make the match closer than that.

Andrew.
These Leena wannabes think they're Leena. I know I'm Lina. Ask Epigone.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:11 PM
What happened in that match is that Lena wasn't fit at that time. She played better tennis late in the year.
If Vera doesn't play well early in 2005, Nadia and Lena will both pass her in the rankings.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:13 PM
GL :clap2:

But you are wrong in one respect. Bepa does care about the internet.I think all the players are interested at some level.
We analyze their matches, and how we perceive their personalities.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:14 PM
Elena Bovina def. Vera Zvonareva 6-2 6-1.

Dissect.Bepa was probably traumatised after being harassed by inbreds in Hobart, Tasmania.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:16 PM
If you want to hurl insults, go somewhere else.
What did this say, prior to editing?

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:16 PM
Bepa needs boys.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:17 PM
Bepa needs boys.
She'll find hers in Gold Coast and Sydney!

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:18 PM
What happened in that match is that Lena wasn't fit at that time. She played better tennis late in the year.Which corresponded with a change in surface...

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:19 PM
She'll find hers in Gold Coast and Sydney! Sorry, I won't be there.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:20 PM
Vera probably reads this thread. The most important aspect of a career is to enjoy every day.
It has to be fun. You want to have a long career, and enjoy every moment of it.

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:21 PM
I doubt Vera wastes her time reading a tennis message board now. The last time she did that, she was attacked.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:22 PM
I'd be very surprised if Vera reads this thread.

She never read anything on her own board before, and she was a nobody then.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:22 PM
I doubt Vera wastes her time reading a tennis message board now. The last time she did that, she was attacked.
Haha.. I forgot about that. :p

cool_olga
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:29 PM
If you think I am baby look at yourself. I at least not bother by hacking people's logins and thinking where to start a fight and who to abuse.
And let's stop this stupid discussion.
About doubles I think Vera will play with Nastya next year also they like playing together and do it pretty well.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:32 PM
I think they should focus on singles. Especially Anastasia. A world #1 shouldn't be playing much doubles.
Vera should play doubles at the majors and Tier I's. And focus on only singles everywhere else.

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:35 PM
I think they should focus on singles. Especially Anastasia. A world #1 shouldn't be playing much doubles.
Vera should play doubles at the majors and Tier I's. And focus on only singles everywhere else. I don't believe Myskina is a world #1. Las time I checked, that title was reserved for another player at this time.

Bepa shouldn't play doubles frequently. No one should if they plan on staying healthy.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:39 PM
Anastasia is currently world #3, but she was injured after IW this year, and she will have a chance to get to reach #1 before Roland Garros.
She doesn't need to hang around for doubles. But if she enjoys it, do it.

Same for Vera. If she enjoys doubles, then play doubles.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:40 PM
If you think I am baby look at yourself. I at least not bother by hacking people's logins and thinking where to start a fight and who to abuse.
And let's stop this stupid discussion.
About doubles I think Vera will play with Nastya next year also they like playing together and do it pretty well.
1) I've never "hacked" anyone.

2) This fight was not started by me.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:41 PM
There's no fight. We want to talk about Vera. You want to talk about you.
Please do it somewhere else. And take Andy. with you.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:44 PM
Several of the top players have very few points to defend early in 2005.
So Vera might wind up outside the top 15, unless she plays very well early next year.

Epigone
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:57 PM
GL being the voice of reason :eek: ;)

Bepa's Australian campaign wasn't so good this year, so I think that she will defend her points pretty easily. She just has to beat her nearest competitors.

Nastya's sister
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:02 PM
So, let's post the same things about Bepa that we've repeated a handful of times now.

goldenlox
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:08 PM
Vera is at a level where her draw is vital.
Either she moves up another level in her play, or she has to beat everyone ranked below her.
Otherwise she won't be in the top 10 in 2005.

pav
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:13 PM
Bepa was probably traumatied after being harassed by inbreds in Hobart, Tasmania.

I hope they would have some sort of innoculation program for People like Bepa from the other side of the world that might not have any immunity built into Their system when going there!

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:16 PM
There's no fight. We want to talk about Vera. You want to talk about you.
Please do it somewhere else. And take Andy. with you. You've never liked me.

And it's Andrew. Thanks.

Nastya's sister
Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:08 AM
Bepa, I'm sorry for this thread being dead.

But, your stalker fan is busy pretending that he has a girlfriend. And she doesn't even exist. And everyone knows it.

I'm sorry that he's cheating on you, Bepa. You still have your fans, though.

Epigone
Nov 22nd, 2004, 05:20 AM
Vera is at a level where her draw is vital.
Either she moves up another level in her play, or she has to beat everyone ranked below her.
Otherwise she won't be in the top 10 in 2005.I think that she will lift her game, but also that some of the players ahead of her will drop off in form.

They key will be Bepa's serve. It wasn't so good early last year, but now it is a bit quicker. She needs to start points off well, and not let her opponents dictate what happens.

Nastya's sister
Nov 22nd, 2004, 05:21 AM
Bepa, please don't get murdered in Queensland. Be sure with your security.

Daniel
Nov 22nd, 2004, 05:26 AM
why is she going to be murdered??? :eek:

Nastya's sister
Nov 22nd, 2004, 05:28 AM
There's this rabid fan there that enjoys hurting women because he feels ugly and can't get his peepee up.

Epigone
Nov 22nd, 2004, 05:30 AM
Like GL, I hope that people listen to advice that I give. Some people need to tone down their hot-headed behaviour. A clear mind is a great asset, both on and off the court.

Hopefully Bepa and Nadia can overcome their mental hurdles and win big in '05.

Nastya's sister
Nov 22nd, 2004, 05:33 AM
Some people need to look in the mirror.

Then, they can cry like Bepa at the harsh truth of reality.

Epigone
Nov 22nd, 2004, 05:42 AM
Bepa played 26 tournaments this season. That's huge. I hope that she is sleeping well, cos I know how bad it can feel when you don't get enough sleep.

It's also important to have a regular sleep pattern. Travelling can seriously mess with your body clock, as can staying up all night, and then sleeping during the day.

The good news is that Bepa should be staying in one timezone for awhile, so she can hopefully get some good rest.

Nastya's sister
Nov 22nd, 2004, 05:44 AM
Bepa actually does stuff during the day, however.

She's not an unemployed loser with no future.

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:12 PM
Vera's not an unemployed loser? Then she's not allowed to post in this thread.
This cheering thread is for unemployed losers only.:D :D :bounce: :bounce: :drool: :drool:

Epigone
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:29 PM
If this thread is only for unemployed losers, I guess I won't be able to post here anymore :sobbing:

I'd like to know if players have some way to keep their body clocks in check when they are always travelling. Unlike business travellers who go from timezone to timezone, tennis players expend a lot of energy in between travel, so I wonder if they get more messed up :scratch:

Frank
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:33 PM
I guess they get used to it. And when planning your schedual it's quite sensible not to play a tournament in Japan, then in the US, then in Australia, then in the US and then in Europe of I reckon.

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:35 PM
If this thread is only for unemployed losers, I guess I won't be able to post here anymore :sobbing:
:scratch:Yeah, bye-bye!:wavey:

Epigone
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:48 PM
Yeah, bye-bye!:wavey:But that's only if we apply that ridiculous rule.

Bepa needs genuine fans supporting her, and I'm happy to do so. I think that next year will be a breakthrough year, and it would be a shame if posts in this thread continue to be hopelessly off topic.

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:52 PM
I'll take care of this thread. You take care of Hantuchova's thread.
Then everybody's happy.:D :D :wavey:

Epigone
Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:00 PM
Daniela doesn't have a thread. She has a whole forum, and it's filled with quite a few annoying posters. They do my head in.

I wish that this thread was more like Elena Dementieva's thread. There are many regular posters in that thread, and they have a lot of fun.

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:05 PM
Dementieva's thread is almost non-tennis. It's nonsense stuff.
This thread was fine for most of 2003, and the first part of 2004.
Recently, it went off course.
But I'll get rid of the dead wood, and put things in order.:cool: :D

Epigone
Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:11 PM
I think that this thread has been very on-topic.

We do a good job.

It's a pity that some people set out to destroy the harmony :sad:

But back to Bepa, and the subject of Hopman Cup (from Nastya's thread). I would love to see Bepa and Marat play mixed doubles together. That would be some show :D

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:13 PM
Safin doesn't want to play mixed. He doesn't enjoy it.
Marat and Anastasia lost every match in mixed.

Epigone
Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:36 PM
Safin doesn't want to play mixed. He doesn't enjoy it.
Marat and Anastasia lost every match in mixed.Marat seemed to enjoy playing mixed doubles with Nastya at Hopman Cup, but I wouldn't expect him to want to play it at the Slams, unless it was with Dinara.

I think that Bepa is lucky that she was partnered by one of the Bryan brothers at the US Open. I'm sure SFX Sports had something to do with that.

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Safin didn't look happy playing mixed in Perth. And they lost every match.
It's good to win a trophy at a major. That's a nice thing to have when you retire.
I'm glad Vera got one. I'd like to see her get a singles trophy at a major.

Epigone
Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:58 PM
Safin didn't look happy playing mixed in Perth. And they lost every match.
It's good to win a trophy at a major. That's a nice thing to have when you retire.
I'm glad Vera got one. I'd like to see her get a singles trophy at a major.Marat enjoyed the match against the Czech Republic when Barbora Strycova was hitting balls at him. He was laughing, and that was a great match.

I think that all of Bepa's fans want to see her win a GS singles title, and she will deliver.

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:05 PM
Winning a major is the highest level you can reach in this sport.
3 Russians did it in 2004. Vera has beaten them - all 3.
I think Vera should believe she can do it.
But the way to win any tournament is to win one point, the next point.
Just focus on the next point.

Epigone
Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:18 PM
Just focus on the next point.Exactly! :yippee: :dance:

The key is to focus on the next point, and not on the previous point, or a point that was played in the previous set. All too often, Bepa's emotional outbursts carry on for too long. Get out the frustration, and then focus on winning the next point.

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:25 PM
Focus is important, but you have to make your shots.
Vera has to stay in her comfort zone. Don't give points away.

What I notice from watching tennis is that the champions take advantage of their draws.
Sveta had a good draw in NY. Maria had things her way in L.A.

Vera has to take out the players she's better than. When Kim pulled out of IW, Vera has to beat Dechy.
Those are the situations that keep Vera out of the top 10.

Epigone
Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:39 PM
IW and the French Open were the two biggest screwups this year when the draw is taken into account. Miami was bad, but Bepa would have faced Serena in the QF.

I still can't get over the French Open :sobbing:. The good thing is that she won't have many points to defend there next year, so when she wins the title, she will bolt up the rankings :D

goldenlox
Nov 22nd, 2004, 04:45 PM
Vera can't wait for the FO. She has to try to go deep into every major.
You never know what's going to happen. You have to give your best effort.

Emptiness
Nov 22nd, 2004, 05:51 PM
I wish that this thread was more like Elena Dementieva's thread. There are many regular posters in that thread, and they have a lot of fun.I hope no thread becomes like Elena's thread.

This thread is like the Vera fan boy and chickenpox show. With the villians being Andrew. and Nastya's disgruntled adopted sister whose finally escaped from the attic. :rolleyes::p

I'm sure Vera gives it her all Glox but I'd be surprised if she won a slam next year, to be honest.

Daniel
Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:42 AM
Winning a major is the highest level you can reach in this sport.
3 Russians did it in 2004. Vera has beaten them - all 3.
I think Vera should believe she can do it.
Just focus on the next point.
Vera did not beat Nastya in 2004, was close but lost the match.

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:55 AM
Vera did not beat Nastya in 2004, was close but lost the match.I think that GL was referring to the 6-1 6-2 beatdown that Bepa gave Nastya in Berlin in 2003 ;)

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 10:55 AM
Go here (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/worldwidetennis/album?.dir=39e8&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/worldwidetennis/my_photos) to see some pics of Bepa at the Kremlin Cup.

In particular, go down to the pic called "VeraZvonareva".

Nice jacket! :D

Daniel
Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:20 PM
Thanks Epigone :hug: :)

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:06 PM
Shamil picked Bepa to play doubles with Elena Likhovtseva against Austria.

I thought there was a chance that she would play doubles, so this is great news. She won't just be sitting on the bench :yeah:

I still think that she has a good chance of playing singles against France if Dechy will be playing singles.

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:09 PM
If it's 2-0 on day one, Vera should play singles.

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:26 PM
I agree that Bepa should be given every opportunity to play, although it might be smart to keep her rested for a possible singles match against Dechy when Russia plays France.

I'm just excited that she will be able to represent her country while playing with a friend. It will probably make the experience even more fun for her.

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:29 PM
I think Anastasia needs to be rested for France, so Vera will play her day 2 match.

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:34 PM
I think that Nastya should be rested against Austria.

Have Sveta play two singles matches, Bepa play one, and Elena L. play one, and then Bepa and Elena L. play doubles.

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:36 PM
I hope Lena L. plays a singles match. That means 3-0.
This Austria tie looks easy on paper. But you have to win on the court.

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:54 PM
Not necessarily.

Shamil played Nastya and Bepa in the reverse singles against Argentina when the score was 1-1.

The only thing that concerns me is that Bepa gets to play a match in both the SF and the final.

I want her to feel like she contributed to Russia winning the Fed Cup.

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:56 PM
That was because Sveta lost to Dulko, after losing in round one of Wimbledon.
Sveta was in a slump, so Vera played.
I think 1-1 here would be a disaster.

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 03:12 PM
Of course 1-1 would be a disaster. We shouldn't even be discussing it :angel:

This is a great team, and all of the members get on really well with each other.

Sadly, I think that after the final, we will never again see this team representing Russia.

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2004, 03:17 PM
I think Anastasia will devote herself to her career after this.
But the Fed Cup team will still be strong.
Bovina and Petrova are available. Maybe Sharapova.

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 03:29 PM
I think Nadia will definitely play Fed Cup doubles next year because I think that the Sveta/Lena L. combo will be reviewed.

I'm not sure about Bepa's Fed Cup chances next year. I guess the positives are that she has shown he loyalty to Russian tennis, and Shamil likes her and believes in her.

I'd hate to see her losing her spot to Maria. I could accept if she had to make way for Lena D. or Nadia, but not Maria.

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2004, 03:33 PM
I don't think Myskina or Dementieva will play Fed Cup in 2005.
Sharapova will probably only play one tie before the semis.
So Vera should be on the team next year.

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 03:43 PM
I just hope that Russia can continue to have a harmonious team environment.

Despite the wealth of talent available, I think that disunity in the future could cause the Russian team to perform below expectations. The key is to assemble a team that will function as one.

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2004, 03:54 PM
There's no disunity. They show up and play.
If Sharapova brings her dad, the chair umpire might have to tell him to stay quiet.
A lot of Fed Cup teammates are not friends. You go out and play your match.