PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Frank
Nov 6th, 2004, 10:32 PM
I didn't watch the first set because I completely forgot about the time...:o

Vera should've won this match? She actually is winning the match. It's a tiebreak now. If Nadia wins this, I hope Vera manages to keep herself together in the third set.

4-1 to Vera now though, Nadia having two serves now. :)

KV
Nov 6th, 2004, 10:34 PM
4 MP's Vera

Frank
Nov 6th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Well, luckily Nadia is making a mistake or two as well. Vera can finish this off at her own serve now. :)

Good point from Vera, 4 matchpoints now. :)

Vera wins 6-3, 7-6 (2). Congratulations! :D

Good luck against Mauresmo now. :)

Epigone
Nov 6th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Bepa defeats Nadya 6-3 7-6(2), and moves into her 3rd final of the year :bigclap:

She had 6-3 5-2* 0-30, and 6-3 *5-3, but managed to halt the choke at the last minute :yeah:

KV
Nov 6th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Vera won. She could've finished this match earlier. Hopefully she'll return as good against Amalie than tonight against Nadia.

Epigone
Nov 6th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Bepa hit 5 winners in the TB, including 3 aces :worship:

Epigone
Nov 6th, 2004, 10:52 PM
The commentators said that Bepa busted a racquet during practice because she was a bit :mad: :eek:

And after the first set, they showed highlights of Bepa talking to herself and Nadia hitting herself in the forehead. These girls need to calm down :D

Crazy_Fool
Nov 6th, 2004, 10:55 PM
I'm so happy with this result, seems like Vera has found a little bit extra :banana:

A win tomorrow and a good showing at the YEC would be a great end to the year, and perfect for the start of next. Go Vera :bounce:

I agree with Epigone though, sometimes she' s a bit too hot headed.

pav
Nov 6th, 2004, 11:58 PM
What a week Bepa's having after a shakey start!had to go away 3/4 way thru, I think that way is better for the nerves!She seem to be very confident in Her shot making going by the little bit they show here on Eusosport news,just hope She can turn things around against Momo and finished the week even better!

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Bepa was hitting some incredible angles. She has the ability to take the pace off the ball and drop it into the service court at a shallow angle. She also hit some beautiful passing shots when Nadia came to the net :bowdown:

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 12:47 AM
From the homepage of wtatour.com
No.1 seed Amelie Mauresmo (http://www.wtatour.atponline.net/players/playerprofiles/playerbio.asp?PlayerID=130450) will meet No.6 seed Vera Zvonareva (http://www.wtatour.atponline.net/players/playerprofiles/playerbio.asp?PlayerID=260142) in the finals of the $585,000 Advanta Championships in Philadelphia. Zvonareva clinched her second final appearance of the season by defeating fellow Russian Nadia Petrova 63 76(2).Geez, how many time will they write incorrect information about Bepa during this tournament?

They are becoming as bad as the GM forum :D

VeraNuVirgosFan
Nov 7th, 2004, 03:33 AM
Congratulations to Vera!

And good luck in the Final!

Daniel
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:11 AM
Vamos VEra vs. Momo :kiss: :hug: :D

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:29 AM
Condensed article from: http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_5690_rx.asp

Zvonareva, the No.6 seed at the event, achieved another career milestone on Saturday, reaching her first Tier II final by defeating compatriot and No.7 seed Nadia Petrova 63 76(2). Zvonareva took charge of the match early, winning the first set and building a 5-2 lead in the second, when Petrova made a spirited comeback but ultimately lost in the tiebreak.
"I was playing good tennis, then I lost my concentration for a few games," said the 20-year-old victor, who had lost her only previous encounter against her opponent. "But then I found my game again."Zvonareva had already turned heads this week, clinching a berth in next week's season-ending WTA Tour Championships with her quarterfinal win on Friday over three-time Grand Slam champion and No.4 seed Jennifer Capriati. It will be her first time playing the event.

"It took the pressure off me," she said about learning she had made it into the field. "Last year was a great year for me and this year was even better."On Sunday, Mauresmo will look to defend her 2003 title, which she won over Myskina, while Zvonareva will be looking for her third career WTA Tour title. The two have played each other four times previously, with Mauresmo winning all four. Their last encounter was a close 76(6) 62 battle in the semifinals of Montreal this year, where Mauresmo battled back from set point in the first set to take charge of the match. Zvonareva will need to continue this week's formula for success if she is to win her biggest title ever.

"I'll just go on court, enjoy myself and do the best I can."

rrfnpump
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Vera :woohoo: Amazing!

pav
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Quote:
"I'll just go on court, enjoy myself and do the best I can."
I liked that quote! sometimes You could be forgiven for thinking the 'enjoy Myself 'bit wasn't happening!

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 12:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=1917465
Zvonareva said she was bothered by the response of the partisan crowd, including some fans who were talking during points.

"I thought it was a little bit of disrespect from the people," she said, then added most of the fans have been great.:tape:

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 12:50 PM
WTA Tour Championships' Field Locked In
link (http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_5691_rx.asp)

Just quoting the parts that mention Bepa:
LOS ANGELES – In a frantic chase during the final week of the WTA Tour regular season, Serena Williams and Vera Zvonareva earned the final two spots in the prestigious WTA Tour Championships presented by Porsche, adding more marquee value to an already star-studded field competing November 10-15 at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, CA.Zvonareva, who began the week 11th in the Race standings, clinched her spot with her quarterfinal victory Friday over Jennifer Capriati in the Advanta Championships, giving her 2,447 points going into Saturday - 47 more points than ninth-place Venus (2,400) and 88 points more than 10th-place Capriati (2,359).
Likewise, Zvonareva, 20, has made the most of her opportunities this year. In fact, Zvonareva, one of many Russian stars who have dominated women’s tennis this season, is having the best year of her budding career. She has a match record of 50-23 and won the Kroger St. Jude title in Memphis, TN, as well as appeared in nine Tour semifinals, including this week’s Advanta Championships.

Serena and Zvonareva join a Championships field that includes World No. 1 Lindsay Davenport, Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova, US Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova, French Open champion Anastasia Myskina, recent World No.1 Amélie Mauresmo and two-time Grand Slam finalist Elena Dementieva.

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Momo leads the H2H 4-0

Moscow 2003 6-4 3-6 6-2
Fed Cup 2003 (Moscow) 6-2 6-2
Rome 2004 6-2 6-3
Montreal 2004 7-6(6) 6-2

Not a nice record :sad:

Bepa did hold a SP in Montreal, but failed to convert, so it shows that she can compete with Momo. I think that if Bepa is able to focus like she did against JenCap, and early in the match against Nadia, she has a great chance of taking victory.

This match might also influence Fed Cup selection against France, although I think that YEC matches against Momo will be more important.

no1mariafan
Nov 7th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Good Luck Bepa!! Play like you can, and you'll be fine.

goldenlox
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:29 PM
This is Vera's biggest final to date. And she faced a match point against Bammer.
It's looks like Vera has found her summer form. This should be a good match.

Frank
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Vera just broke Mauresmo to take a 4-3 lead, and she's serving now. :)

From what I've seen so far, I can't find a reason why Vera couldn't win this.

KV
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Vera breaks *4-3 UP. So far she's clearly been the better player. Keep going Bepa.

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Bepa consolidated for 5-3*

It's 3:35am, and I'm feeling sick, but know Bepa has something special in store for today :D

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Bepa took the 1st set 6-3 :dance:

Davai!!!

Frank
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Vera just won the 1st set 6-3 and truly deserved it. She's just the better player right now. The commentator even said she was playing amazing but I won't go that far, yet. :p

Arhivarius
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Is there live broadcast on web available right now ?

goldenlox
Nov 7th, 2004, 05:08 PM
It's not on the Tennis Channel. I'd like to see this one too.

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Is there live broadcast on web available right now ?No :sad:

Bepa is having a meltdown after being broken in the opening game of the 2nd set. She had a chance to break Momo back, but was then broken again :(

Bepa 2-5*

Davai!!!

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 05:13 PM
from www.cska.ru (http://www.cska.ru)
Вера Звонарева - в Лос-Анджелесе! 07.11.2004

Представляющая ЦСКА Вера Звонарева стала четвертой россиянкой и второй спорстменкой ЦСКА на итоговом теннисном турнире года в американском Лос-Анджелесе! Это стало ясно, когда Звонарева обыграла в очередном "армейском дерби" Надежду Петрову в полуфинале турнира в Филадельфии - 6:3, 7:6 (7:2).

Соперницей Звонаревой в финале филадельфийского турнира станет Амели Моресмо из Франции. Напомним, что до Звонаревой на итоговый турнир восьми лучших пробилась Елена Дементьева.четвертой россиянкой:o, or was someone omitted on purpose? :devil:
"армейском дерби"I like this way of putting it :)

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Bepa lost the 2nd set 2-6 :sad:

She needs to put it out of her mind and pretend that it's 0-0 in the 1st set

Davai!!!

goldenlox
Nov 7th, 2004, 05:50 PM
I know she wants this title, but it's been a great week.
And next week is a big week too.

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Momo d. Bepa 3-6 6-2 6-2 :sobbing:

Congratulations to Momo, but what a tank :sad:

It sounds like she lost her head after being broken in the opening game of the 2nd set. It's US Open vs Elena D all over again.

Once again, she'll be remembered for the crying, and not for the skills that defeated JenCap 6-0 6-1

However, she can redeem herself next week at the YEC. A focused Bepa will win matches there, so I think she can still end the year in the top 10.

goldenlox
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Mauresmo is a very good player. I saw her beat Vera in Montreal.
And Vera was playing well then.
Vera still has to improve. She can start next week.:D :bounce:

Frank
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Pfffff...:o

Still a very good week for Vera. Qualifiying for the YEC was the main goal of this tournament. :)

pav
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:08 PM
I knew it would be tough against Mauresmo but it does make You a bit sad when She plays so well and dominates the 1st set. Still after the shakey start to the week She has done very well!

goldenlox
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Remember, Bammer had a match point. This week could have been a lot worse.
Anyway, Vera should have some confidence for L.A.
And Mauresmo is great in Tier I's and II's. Very tough to beat.

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:14 PM
I knew it would be tough against Mauresmo but it does make You a bit sad when She plays so well and dominates the 1st set. Still after the shakey start to the week She has done very well!Very true. She went from saving MP against the #145 ranked player in the world, to demolishing Capriati, to dominating Momo until someone hit the meltdown button.

They should really build a safety mechanism into that button because someone keeps accidentally leaning on it :o

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Vera lost to the world #2. She didn't tank.
Reaching a Tier II final is her best result. Vera's never reached a Tier I final.
All the players develop at a different pace.
I'll make Vera a champion. It takes time.:D :bounce: :drool:When a player wins four games in a row, then has nerves to start the second set, and then then responds to being broken by doing what Bepa did, it is a tank.

goldenlox
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:27 PM
I saw the Montreal semi. Vera had a big lead in the tiebreak. But Mauresmo hit some good shots, and won the second set easily.
Amelie can maintain a high level for a longer period of time than Vera.
That's how Mauresmo wins. Very steady, high level tennis.
Vera has to play steadier, and still make good shots when the openings are there.

rrfnpump
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Bad luck Vera @ 1-2 40-15 in the third set :sad:

Anyway, awesome week! ;) :hug:

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Usually, as a response to being broken, Bepa gets emotional and sprays balls everywhere. Quite often, it is irrelevant who is on the other side of the net, as it's a battle between Bepa and her head. Bepa played herself out of the match because she didn't want to look at the big picture.

Out of the Russians currently in the top 50, Bepa and Nadia are the hidden gems. I can see those two players dominating Russian tennis, if only they can get their heads working for them.

Anyway, it's 5:45am and Bepa has taken a lot out of me, so I'm going to bed :wavey:

Emptiness
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:47 PM
http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-sad.gif
It was still a good week. She qualified and made a final of a tier two. Next year she'll cry herself to a title. And we can start passing out these.
http://xs.to/pics/04106/smilie-crybaby.gif

goldenlox
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:50 PM
I knew this match would be tough. Mauresmo is very tough to beat in a Tier II final.
Vera should feel good about this week.
Onward and upward.

Epigone
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:52 PM
http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-sad.gif
It was still a good week. She qualified and made a final of a tier two. Next year she'll cry herself to a title. And we can start passing out these.
http://xs.to/pics/04106/smilie-crybaby.gifI was thinking of giving Bepa a t-shirt with "It's only one point :)™" printed on the front :D

Emptiness
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Hey Vera should take anything over that stanky Adidas outfit. :)
Wow i just read GM... its filled with more crap than usual. That poster jcaprulez.. i want to spam him/her/it with red dots. http://xs.to/pics/04106/smilie-whip.gif

Escape
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Vera :sad: oh well she still had that great win over Capriati and hopefully she can win a few matches next week and finish the year on a high. :D

pav
Nov 8th, 2004, 02:04 AM
Love this email advertising the YEC that arrived on the 5th. and I just looked at, Vera completely ignored , now wonder She sheds the odd tear!

In one of the closest Championships races in recent history, Serena Williams, Venus Williams and Jennifer Capriati are fighting this week for the remaining two positions for the WTA Tour Championships at STAPLES Center, November 10-15. The final two entrants will bring even more star power to a Championships singles field that already includes Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova, World No. 1 Lindsay Davenport, US Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova, French Open winner Anastasia Myskina, former No. 1 Amélie Mauresmo and two-time Grand Slam finalist Elena Dementieva. Call 1.866.WTA.CHAMP for ticket and event info.

Epigone
Nov 8th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Wishful thing on the part of the WTA, but Bepa was too determined :clap2:

It's pretty dumb, coz Bepa does so much media work at tournaments to help promote the Tour, but they won't promote her :(

Gowza
Nov 8th, 2004, 03:10 AM
its kinda of understandable tho, the others have either been number 1 this year or won slams or reached at least sfs in slams plus win a number of high tier tournaments and vera hasnt even reached a qf at a slam. but vera is playing well and has a shot at beating these players and she qualified fair and square and deserves to be there. you'd think they would want to promote young talent the future stars so i would of thought vera would have got a mention but i can understand why she wouldnt.

Epigone
Nov 8th, 2004, 04:27 AM
One can also argue that a higher profile = more crowd support = better results in tight matches

In the Bepa matches that I've attended, the crowd support for her was non-existent. The crowd can provide an emotional lift in close matches, and it's her opponent who often benefits from the support.

Daniel
Nov 8th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Vera :sad: good luck in the YEC

Epigone
Nov 8th, 2004, 06:42 AM
http://www.sport.ru/ru/news/20041107/tennis/article6254/
Моресмо остановила Звонареву в финале филадельфийского турнира 07/11/2004, 23:03
Российская теннисистка Вера Звонарева не смогла выиграть турнир WTA в Филадельфии. В финальном матче она в трех сетах уступила француженке Амели Моресмо.

В первом сете россиянка с первых геймов захватила лидерство и постоянно вела с двухочковым преимуществом. Моресмо совершила несколько серьезных ошибок, в результате чего Звонарева выиграла первую партию. Однако затем дали о себе знать титулы француженки и ее место в мировом рейтинге. В оставшихся двух партиях она безоговорочно выигрывала гейм за геймом, позволяя россиянке лишь несколько раз заработать очки. Моресмо быстро завершила встречу, не позволяя сопернице ни в одной из партий приблизиться к себе ближе чем на три очка по геймам.

Моресмо уже второй год подряд становится лучшей на соревнованиях в Филадельфии, причем на турнире-2003 в финале была также обыграна россиянка - Анастасия Мыскина.http://news.sport-express.ru/online/ntext/7/nl075929.html
Звонарева проиграла финал в Филадельфии
Француженка Амели Моресмо защитила титул победителя на турнире в американской Филадельфии, которой покорился ей и в прошлом году. В финале она сумела сломить сопротивление россиянки Веры Звонаревой, которая проиграла свой сопернице пятый матч из пяти за всю историю взаимоотношений между ними. Для Моресмо этот успех стал вторым за последние две недели и пятым в нынешнем сезоне. Теперь обе теннисистки отправятся в Лос-Анджелес, где примут участие в трехмиллионном чемпионате WTA, который станет последним в этом году

mandy7
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:04 AM
i had some friends coming over last night
and they arrived at my house halfway in the 3rd set
they all were forced to support Vera :D
just didn't help
:sad:

Epigone
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:41 AM
According to the L.A. Times, the groups for the YEC are as follows:
Red Group: Davenport, Myskina, Dementieva, Williams
Black Group: Mauresmo, Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Zvonareva

It's great that Bepa is in the same group as two players she has defeated this year.

Udachi!

pav
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Love the Bepa quote at the bottom of this from the S.I. site

After going down 4-1, Zvonareva slammed her racket on the court as she headed to her seat for a changeover. Zvonareva stood with her hands on her hips and shouted at herself after several blown opportunities and unforced errors.

"I am what I am," Zvonareva said. "I can break my racket or whatever, but I'm still trying to fight."

Epigone
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:44 AM
"I am what I am," Zvonareva said.That's why your fans support you through the highs and the lows :hug:

"I can break my racket or whatever, but I'm still trying to fight."How about minimising broken racquets, and maximising winners at the YEC? ;)

However, if Bepa wants to destroy a racquet at the Gold Coast, I'll be happy to take it off her hands :angel:

Frank
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:27 PM
According to the L.A. Times, the groups for the YEC are as follows:
Red Group: Davenport, Myskina, Dementieva, Williams
Black Group: Mauresmo, Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Zvonareva

It's great that Bepa is in the same group as two players she has defeated this year.

Udachi!
I guess she's in the weaker group of the two, although that's arguable.

At the moment she should be able to defeat Sveta and Maria I believe, and we all know what happened when she played Mauresmo yesterday of course.

Good luck!

Epigone
Nov 8th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Bepa needs to beat two players to make the top 10, and I think that's quite possible. The only worrying fact is that this is her sixth consecutive week playing, and Sveta has been resting. However, I know that she will battle through the fatigue and try to compete.

Daniel
Nov 8th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Good luck Vera, much easier group :D :clap2:

goldenlox
Nov 8th, 2004, 02:30 PM
I think Vera has a good draw. She can beat Maria. And she's beaten Sveta.
A good group.

rrfnpump
Nov 8th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Good group for Bepa :D

pav
Nov 8th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Have You noticed poster jcaprulez has got a special section at the bottom of posts for Vera, I find it funny, but don't know about others!

see on thread-- Where do You come from

Epigone
Nov 8th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Have You noticed poster jcaprulez has got a special section at the bottom of posts for Vera, I find it funny, but don't know about others!Yes, that particular poster seems to slam Bepa in many threads, including the Philadelphia thread in Bepa's forum. I find it quite hilarious.

Overall, the Venus fans seem to have taken missing out on the YEC much better than the Capriati fans, even though Venus finished ahead of Jen in the race :confused:. The number of "Vera is crap. She only made the YEC because she played twice as many tournaments as Jen" posts are popping up everywhere.

Had Jen defeated Bepa, she would have made the YEC. That's the bottom line.

beauty_is_pink
Nov 9th, 2004, 12:14 AM
"I am what I am," Zvonareva said. "I can break my racket or whatever, but I'm still trying to fight.":yeah: be proud of who you are.
dont change for others.

Epigone
Nov 9th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Congratulations to Bepa on taking the WTATour.com Win of the Week :bigclap:
WTATour.com Win of the Week - Vera Zvonareva

PHILADELPHIA - Though she was unable to secure her second title of the year in Philadelphia, Vera Zvonareva was able to walk away from the Quaker State with a victory that extended her season.
The young Russian's quarterfinal win against Jennifer Capriati turned out to be good enough to lift Zvonareva into her first WTA Tour Championships presented by Porsche - and also gave her top honors as this week's WTATour.com Win of the Week.

Entering Philadelphia, four players were in contention for the final two spots to play at the season-ending event in Los Angeles - Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Capriati and Zvonareva.

With Serena not in action and the other three players reaching the quarterfinals in Philadelphia, Capriati and Zvonareva took the court knowing that the player leaving the court with a loss would not make the Los Angeles field.

And not wanting her season to be over, Zvonareva took advantage of the situation - yielding just a single game as she crushed Capriati to move into the semifinals.

"I felt really confident and was able to play my game," Zvonareva said. "I felt really good out there."

But the Russian hadn't yet qualified for Los Angeles. Venus Williams remained ahead of Zvonareva, but if the American fell to top seed Amelie Mauresmo in her quarterfinal match, it would assure Zvonareva of the final spot at the Championships.

So when Venus finally dropped to Mauresmo in three sets on Friday evening, Zvonareva could finally celebrate her victory.

"This win is really important to me, not only because I get into the Championships, but also I beat a Top 10 player," Zvonareva said.

The confidence gained by her win against Capriati and by qualifying for Los Angeles also helped Zvonareva in the next round, where she defeated No.2 seed Anastasia Myskina to reach the final. http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_5701_rx.asp

In the final paragraph, they once again report incorrect information about Bepa. What is going on at WTATour.com? :scratch:

Epigone
Nov 9th, 2004, 01:43 AM
YEC Order of Play
Wednesday starting at 6:30 PM:
Mauresmo vs Zvonareva
S. Williams vs Myskina
Davenport vs Dementieva

Thursday starting at 6:30 PM:
Kuznetsova vs Mauresmo
Zvonareva vs Sharapova
S. Williams vs Dementieva

How nice that Masha gets to rest another day before playing Bepa. I guess they don't want their drawcard withdrawing again :rolleyes:

They should give Bepa an extra day to rest after playing for 5 straight weeks :(

Emptiness
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:17 AM
What is going on at WTATour.com?Its those damn Russians they all look the same. ;)

Vera chose to play for 5 straight weeks.. she has a couple days of rest hopefully thats enough.

mandy7
Nov 9th, 2004, 05:57 AM
she's in the dutch newspaper today..
pretty much the entire page is about her
i'll scan it when i get home :)

Epigone
Nov 9th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Vera chose to play for 5 straight weeks.. she has a couple days of rest hopefully thats enough.I believe that Bepa and Sveta are the Russian ironwomen. They can play for many weeks in a row, and usually take on both singles and doubles. All together, they played 124 and 132 matches respectively this year :worship:.

If Bepa is still standing at the end of this six-week stretch, it will be a testament to her strength and determination.

Daniel
Nov 9th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Good luck vs Momo!!!!! :worship: :kiss: :clap2: :D

Epigone
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Nobody has posted here for 5 hrs :(

Okay, here is a preview of the Black Group for the YEC
http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_5708_rx.asp

The final spot in the field of eight went to Zvonareva, who played her way into Los Angeles last week in Philadelphia. One title (Memphis), two finals (Cincinnati, Philadelphia), six semifinals and five quaterfinals have given the workhorse Zvonareva the necessary numbers to reach the year-end event.Wow, GM posters are writing for WTATour.com ;). Bepa made the YEC because she is a workhorse, and not because she is good :D

Frank
Nov 9th, 2004, 12:37 PM
she's in the dutch newspaper today..
pretty much the entire page is about her
i'll scan it when i get home :)
Which one?

Epigone
Nov 9th, 2004, 01:34 PM
It's more because JenFat refuses to play anything indoors.

And the stupid format of having every tournament count during the year, instead of the Top 17, helped Bepa tons. That gave Bepa an extra 250 points.True. Based on her overall form, Bepa shouldn't have made the YEC.
However, I don't know of too many other players who could for 5 weeks in a row, and then put on such a great display to make the final.

Bepa knew that she would have to go to great lengths to make the YEC after screwing up in Filderstadt, Zurich, and Linz. Others weren't prepared to go that far, so they missed out.

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Nobody thinks Vera belongs. The other 7 players all won majors, or played in the final of majors.
Vera has to prove herself with great tennis.
The match against Sharapova will be huge.

Epigone
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:47 PM
The match against Sharapova will be huge.Bepa has a 2-0 hardcourt record against Maria, yet people think she has no chance. Bepa will show some people that she has been underestimated.

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:58 PM
The problem is that Vera will be preparing for Mauresmo.
But Maria will be preparing for Vera.
If Vera-Maria was on Wednesday, I'd give Vera a better chance.

Epigone
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:18 PM
The problem is that Vera will be preparing for Mauresmo.
But Maria will be preparing for Vera.
If Vera-Maria was on Wednesday, I'd give Vera a better chance.Yes, the organisers want to keep Maria fresh. Such is the luxury when you have IMG stirring up a publicity frenzy.

However, Bepa is an ironwoman, and that won't phase her. She didn't battle for five straight weeks to make the YEC, only to give Maria an easy run.

When she faces to Maria, she should force Maria to stretch to get to balls. Play it smart, and the chances of winning greatly increase.

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Vera knows what she has to do to compete against Maria.
But the Mauresmo match will be physically and mentally draining.
Amelie made the final last year, and she'll be ready on Wednesday.

Epigone
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Vera knows what she has to do to compete against Maria.
But the Mauresmo match will be physically and mentally draining.
Amelie made the final last year, and she'll be ready on Wednesday.I think that Bepa should change her gameplan against Amelie. I say that she should go for an all-out assault, rather than playing a conservative style of game.

That means teeing off on returns, and hitting for the lines when at all possible. Bepa is also very skilled at changing the pace and angle of her shots, so she should incorporate that into her gameplan. Drop some short balls in there to test Amelie's thigh, and also increase the pressure by coming into the net.

Bottom line is that Bepa should dictate the way that the match is played. She managed to do that in the 1st set of the final in Philadelphia, but then lost all focus at the start of the 2nd. I couldn't care less about the 0-5 record. If Bepa remains focused, she'll stay in the match, and she can win.

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Vera will have to play the match of her life to win. It's possible.
No matter who wins that match, Vera will leave the court tired and drained.
And Maria will be ready for Thursday. So this draw is tough.

But it's up to Vera to prove she belongs. The other players have won majors. Or been to the final of a major.
They other 7 have all been ranked higher than Vera ever has.

Justine and Kim are missing, but this is still the sport's elite.
Vera has to prove she belongs.

Epigone
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Vera will have to play the match of her life to win.No, she just has to play good tennis for a whole match. Had she not become agitated at the start of the 2nd set of the final, she could have won. The lapse in concentration shook her up, and produced such a lopsided scoreline.

In the match against Nadia, she recovered from her mental lapse in time. In the match against Capriati, she was focused throughout, and was destructive.

The UE count at the end of the 1st set of the final was 7 vs 20. Bepa gave away that mental advantage when she cracked at the start of the 2nd. Apply pressure for the whole match, and win.

Amelie can be beaten if Bepa uses the right tactic. It doesn't require some superhuman feat to produce a win.

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Vera has not yet proven herself to be Mauresmo's equal.
Vera is younger, and this is her best year so far.
But right now, Amelie is a huge favorite.

I hope Vera sleeps well after that match, and is ready for Sharapova.
A win there would make the Sveta match huge.

Epigone
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Vera has not yet proven herself to be Mauresmo's equal.
Vera is younger, and this is her best year so far.
But right now, Amelie is a huge favorite.GL, that's why they play matches, instead of just putting the #1 seed and #2 seed into the final.

Claudine Schaul hadn't proven anything, yet she defeated Lindsay in the Strasbourg final. The difference between Bepa and Amelie is much smaller than the difference between Lindsay and Claudine Schaul. If Bepa plays consistent tennis, she will be competitive. When she was focused, she took the 1st set of the final 6-3.

It's all mental. If Bepa really believes that she can win, she is already halfway there.

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I'm not knocking Vera.
Amelie has done more up to now, and beat Vera when they played.

That could change. But Vera will have to make it happen on the court.
I think her best chance is to beat Maria and Sveta.
I wish she played Maria first.

Epigone
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:58 PM
I'm not knocking Vera.Good :)
Amelie has done more up to now, and beat Vera when they played.True, but records are made to be broken. Bepa has to go into this match thinking that the H2H is 0-0

That could change. But Vera will have to make it happen on the court.That is usually where it takes place. Bepa's not the type to take it into the parking lot or locker room :D

I think her best chance is to beat Maria and Sveta.No doubt. They will be tough opponents, but Bepa has defeated both Maria and Sveta the last time she met them.
I wish she played Maria first.As do I. Bepa should take her baseline game to Maria and give her right pectoral muscle a good workout :devil:

beauty_is_pink
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:29 PM
i like Momo...
but i realli hope Vera wins the match.. :p

it's gonna be hard for Vera to play the back-to-back days matches, Sharapova will be well rested. i hope Vera gets this match.

anyways, Good Luck to Vera :yeah:

DEETHELICK
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:29 PM
I saw Vera's match against Maria on TV and it was tight. However, Vera showed a great tenacity and a superb display from her BH wing with power angles and accuracy.

I sincerely believe Momo has Vera's number. Her topspin shots seem to really bug Vera. Especially Amelie's loopy FH. Vera has to take the game on, be willing to step inside the court a little more and crush the ball. Vera should talk to Elena on how to handle Amelie.

Vera's biggest drawbacks this week are fatigue (5 weeks straight??!! And now the 6th) and emotional control. I dont mind the outbursts at all. As long as she can focus through them and continue fighting.

She let them get to her in the final set at Philadelhia. There are gona be many tense and trying moments where Vera may fail to make a shot. She has to pick herself up and begin the next point afresh. That is the bigeest difference between her and the very elite.

Look at how Elena reacts after DFs and a poor serve, just bang on with the next point. Vera needs that focus on court too.

Epigone
Nov 10th, 2004, 01:34 AM
There is a new Order of Play:scratch:

Wednesday, November 10, 2004
From 18.30hrs (PST):
1. Kuznetsova vs. Zvonareva
Not before 20.00hrs:
2. Myskina vs. S.Williams
Followed by:
3. Davenport vs. Dementieva

Bepa will now face Sveta in the first match.

Sveta has been resting, while Bepa has been playing, so I don't know what effect that will have on the match.

Daniel
Nov 10th, 2004, 05:15 AM
pfff i dont knwo why they changed it, the match betwen Sveta and Vera is gona be an interesting one . :)

Epigone
Nov 10th, 2004, 05:16 AM
I want Bepa to think back to the 2001 Orange Bowl final

She blew a 5-2 lead in the 1st set of the final against Sveta, yet still won the match in 3. At that point, Sveta was the world #1 junior, and she had a 2-0 record over Bepa, but Bepa defied her record, and her ranking to win.

Bepa did it then, and she can do it again :yeah:

Epigone
Nov 10th, 2004, 11:00 AM
In a Matthew Cronin article posted here (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=4451520&postcount=5739) by saab95, Bepa weighed in ;) on the heavy ball controversy
"I think we should have lighter balls for every tournament that's good on any surface," she said.

"In Philadelphia, my arm was sore and I had trouble with my left wrist, which I haven't had in a while.

"A lot of this depends on the surface. If you have heavy balls on a slow surface, you have time to prepare.

"In Philadelphia, the surface was faster and a lot of times you aren't in a good position, so you have to use your arm and wrist more. That's why the pain might come."
I don't want her left wrist getting injured :(

Epigone
Nov 10th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Bepa trails in the H2H 2-4
2000 MINSK CARPET (I) R32 S. KUZNETSOVA 5-3 4-2 4-5(4) 4-2
2001 CAGLIARI CLAY (O) Q S. KUZNETSOVA 6-1 6-3
2003 INDIAN WELLS HARD (O) R32 V. ZVONAREVA 3-6 7-6(5) 6-4
2004 GOLD COAST HARD (O) R16 S. KUZNETSOVA 1-6 6-3 6-2
2004 EASTBOURNE GRASS (O) S S. KUZNETSOVA 3-6 7-6(2) 6-1
2004 SAN DIEGO HARD (O) R16 V. ZVONAREVA 6-2 6-3

In each of the past three matches, Bepa has taken the 1st set quite easily, but then she faltered on two of the three occasions. She served for the match at Eastbourne, and threw it away.

The key to winning this match will be to apply pressure until the very end. Bepa can't let Sveta into the match.

mandy7
Nov 10th, 2004, 01:45 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photos_rx/Zvonareva_5034_rx.jpg

All-Russian Battle To Kick Off Championships

With five Russians in the eight-woman field at the WTA Tour Championships presented by Porsche, it's not surprising that two of these players open proceedings at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles Wednesday night. US Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova takes on friend Vera Zvonareva (above) in the first match of the $3 million, season-ending event. Serena Williams, Anastasia Myskina, Lindsay Davenport and Elena Dementieva are also in action on Day

mandy7
Nov 10th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Which one?
algemeen dagblad
sorry for the late reply :o

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2004, 02:05 PM
In a Matthew Cronin article posted here (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=4451520&postcount=5739) by saab95, Bepa weighed in ;) on the heavy ball controversy
I don't want her left wrist getting injured :(
Anastasia has also said she wants to use the lighter balls.

Epigone
Nov 10th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Anastasia has also said she wants to use the lighter balls.Third ranked Anastasia Myskina added that since nothing could be done this week, the players needed to grit their teeth and forget about it.

"We just have to play and not complain about it," Myskina said. "I've had pain before and you get used to playing in pain."Nastya is willing to put up with the pain when she plays singles, but then withdraws from doubles with injuries such as a strained right shoulder.

These players shouldn't have to play in pain or withdraw from tournaments because the WTA is monkeying with the balls. The players are the stars of the show, so the WTA will be in trouble if players start dropping like flies.

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Anastasia was interviewed for a half hour on the Tennis Channel this spring.
At the end, they asked her what change would she make in the sport.
And Anastasia said she would use lighter balls. She was injured using these heavier ones.

Epigone
Nov 10th, 2004, 02:52 PM
And Anastasia said she would use lighter balls. She was injured using these heavier ones.When exactly was she injured?

Bepa says the surface is a large contributing factor to injuries caused by the heavier balls. Therefore, a ball-induced injury would be less likely during the clay season.

Note to Bepa: Play Acapulco and Bogota to stay healthy.

I'm also wondering how dependent these injuries are on racquet grip :scratch:

Epigone
Nov 10th, 2004, 03:19 PM
REVISED
Wednesday, November 10, 2004 (from 18.30hrs)
1. Kuznetsova vs. Zvonareva
2. Myskina vs. S.Williams (NB 20.00hrs)
3. Davenport vs. Dementieva

Thursday, November 11, 2004 (from 18.30hrs)
1. Mauresmo vs. Zvonareva
2. Kuznetsova vs. Sharapova (NB 20.00hrs)
3. Dementieva vs. S.Williams

The WTA has changed the OOP yet again, and the change screws Bepa and helps Masha (there's a surprise).

Instead of Bepa playing Maria on Thursday, Bepa now plays Momo. So Bepa has to play another tough match before she gets to Masha, which will mean that she will be more tired than she would have been previously. Meanwhile, Masha gets to rest her injury and do promo work.

Frank
Nov 10th, 2004, 06:38 PM
algemeen dagblad
sorry for the late reply :o Haha! Thanks, I'll visit the "2 day old newspapers" shop tomorrow. :p

Epigone
Nov 10th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Bepa currently sits 60 points outside of the top 10, so she will be in the top 10 by the end of the year :yeah:

beauty_is_pink
Nov 10th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Bepa currently sits 60 points outside of the top 10, so she will be in the top 10 by the end of the year :yeah:awesome news.

great for Vera :D

Epigone
Nov 10th, 2004, 11:09 PM
:wavey:

I know that she would fall short if she she goes 0-3 (she'd get 67 points), but we are all for positivity around here, so I believe will win at least two matches in her group.

I think that one of the players that she beats could go 0-3, despite the best efforts of the organisers to make things nice and comfortable for said player :tape:.

Therefore, if I'm not mistaken, she should secure at least 121 points (depending on if the 2nd win is against Sveta or Momo), thus making her #10 in the world :).

If she beats either Masha or Sveta and Momo, that should put her into the SF, where 218 points are on offer, which could move her to #9.

I'll have to check out the points later to make sure.

Oh, and if it ends 3-0 for one player, and 1-2 for the other three, I think that Bepa will finish 2nd because she will win the most sets of the three who are tied. Please tell me that's the breaker :o

Epigone
Nov 11th, 2004, 12:43 AM
I can't access the WTA Points table because I can't open pdf file on this computer :(.

What are the quality points for beating Momo? Based on what Eggy said, it must be greater than or equal to 66 points because she 67 points + quality points to be greater than or equal to the 133 needed to make the top 10.

Also, Eggy said that Bepa needs to beat either Amelie, or both Masha and Sveta to make it to #10. Wouldn't it also be possible if one player goes 3-0, and the other three go 1-2, but Bepa loses two matches in three sets, while winning one in two sets, and the other two players lose matches in two sets, but win their only match in three sets? I hope that makes sense :)

Although I think Bepa should make the SF, I still want to cover all bases.

Epigone
Nov 11th, 2004, 01:28 AM
When Elena Bovina won New Haven, I was just about to dump her as my favorite.That is very sad. Lena has been nice to you, so you should support her, no matter what happens.

Don't be arrogant. Just be one with your favorite player.It's not arrogance. I want Bepa to be happy with her performance, and to feel that she gave it everything she had. But I also want positivity before and during matches.

To paraphrase something I read in a Matthew Cronin article (and something I have said before) - Bepa needs to realise that the style of play that gets her out to an early lead can also be summoned when the going gets tough if she believes that she can play those shots.

If positive Bepa turns up to play, she will be top 10 by the end of the YEC because when she believes in herself, she turns into a line-painting machine.

Epigone
Nov 11th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Bepa doesn't need to play that aggressively. Defense is her strongest suit.Hitting winners is better for building confidence than defending until your opponent makes an error.

In addition, Bepa's style of play consumes a lot of energy. She has to cover a lot of territory when she patrols the baseline.

Epigone
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Sveta took the 1st set 6-2

Bepa has 3 winners, compared with 17 for Sveta :o

Bepa has to attack

Andrew.
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:18 AM
Bepa is tanking.

6-2 3-0 Kuznetsova

Epigone
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Sveta holds and leads *4-0

The commentators are saying that Bepa is self-destructing :sad:

Bepa then breaks for *1-4

She is still fighting :)

Epigone
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Bepa serving at *4-5

She got back the double break :D

Epigone
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:49 AM
Sveta defeated Bepa 6-2 6-4

Bepa saved 3MPs in the final game :yeah:

Sveta had 35 winners vs 7 for Bepa.

A defensive gameplan won't work against someone who is hitting winners. It was funny to hear Vera's footsteps on Eurosport radio. She was really hauling ass out there. She managed to stay in the second set by chasing down everything. That's some accomplishment after so many tournaments played in the last two months.

Dan23
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Good effort, well done Bepa :clap2:

*hingis_forever*
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:57 AM
I'm actually very proud of Vera! I know I was :rolleyes: @ her in the scores thread but that's because I was so nervous! She obviously isn't at her best form due to her amount of playing but she fought hard and gave it 100% and reallly that's all we can ask of her!

Epigone
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:35 AM
The commentators were saying that coming from the fast court in Philly to the slow court in L.A. seemed to have messed up Bepa's game. They said that her footwork looked really awkward, and that she was swinging too early for the ball.

Daniel
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:58 AM
nice effort Vera :hug:

pav
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:01 AM
It was a good fight back from Bepa, She could easily have given up the ghost, but thankfully that dosen't seem to be in Her makeup. I read several quotes that the courts were going to be very fast, so much for that!

Epigone
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Bepa is taking preventative measures against injuries caused by another self-inflicted racquet blow to the head

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/champs04/f_48.jpg

Emptiness
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:56 AM
What the fuck is she wearing. :tape:

Admirable effort in the second. All i want from Vera is to give Maria the kind of ass smacking she gave JenCap.
http://xs2.xs.to/pics/04111/smilie-woo.gif

Instead of Bepa playing Maria on Thursday, Bepa now plays Momo. So Bepa has to play another tough match before she gets to Masha, which will mean that she will be more tired than she would have been previously. Meanwhile, Masha gets to rest her injury and do promo work.Yep. The little respect i had for the WTA as plummeted to zilch.

Epigone
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:14 AM
What the fuck is she wearing. :tape:A Soviet-era apartment in Moscow is missing its lounge room curtains :tape:

Emptiness
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Sums up my feelings.

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/champs04/f_48.jpghttp://img12.exs.cx/img12/5209/yuck2.jpg

pav
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:33 AM
A Soviet-era apartment in Moscow is missing its lounge room curtains :tape:

:haha:
Those amazing eyes look a bit apprehensive when the helmet is going on!

pav
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Have You read this article from the Hindustan times where Kuzzie states She once lost a match to Bepa because She started crying ? :)

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1101267,00070002.htm

Epigone
Nov 11th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Have You read this article from the Hindustan times where Kuzzie states She once lost a match to Bepa because She started crying ? :)
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1101267,00070002.htmBepa is The Crying Assassin :crying2:

She will kick your ass using the Art of the Raging Waterfalls :bigcry:

Epigone
Nov 11th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Thursday, November 11, 2004 (from 18.30hrs)
1. Mauresmo vs. Zvonareva

If Bepa wins this match, she is in the top 10.

It will interesting to see how well Amelie adjusts to the speed of the surface, as Bepa obviously had difficulties. I think that Bepa should attack from the outset, as the defensive gameplan didn't work (just as I predicted ;) ). I'm quite optimistic. Let positivity reign! :D

Udachi!

Lady
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Good luck Vera against Amelie!
I hope you can finaly beat her!

Vera was kinda lost & slow today! She could barely guess what Sveta will do next! Slow reaction.

She was so upset in the end. :(

beauty_is_pink
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:28 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/champs04/f_42.jpg
©Getty Images
WTA Tour Championships, Los Angeles: Vera Zvonareva was in charge of waving the green 'start' flag.

she is soooooooooo cute!

Epigone
Nov 11th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Match Statistics vs Sveta

Player 1 2 3
Svetlana Kuznetsova 6 6
Vera Zvonareva 2 4
Elapsed Time By Set 24 43

Statistics: Match • Set 1 • Set 2
Match Summary Kuznetsova Zvonareva
1st Serve % 57% 56%
Aces 3 0
Double Faults 3 5
Winning % - 1st Serve Pts. 24 of 31 = 77% 19 of 36 = 53%
Winning % - 2nd Serve Pts. 8 of 23 = 35% 9 of 28 = 32%
Winners (including service) 35 7
Unforced Errors 36 15
Break Point Conversions 6 of 13 = 46 % 3 of 8 = 38 %
Net Approaches 19 of 23 = 83 % 4 of 5 = 80 %
Total Points Won 68 50
Fastest Match Serve Speed 110 MPH 105 MPH
Average Match Serve Speed 104 MPH 93 MPH

Sveta dictated the match, which is what happens if you try to play too defensively against a player who is hitting winners.

Bepa's UE to winner ratio was greater than 2:1, but she still should have taken more chances. She has to be aggressive against Amelie.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Momo leads the H2H 5-0 :o

2003 MOSCOW CARPET (I) Q A. MAURESMO 6-4 3-6 6-2
2003 FED CUP SEMI-FINAL CARPET (I) R3 A. MAURESMO 6-2 6-2
2004 ROME CLAY (O) S A. MAURESMO 6-2 6-3
2004 MONTREAL HARD (O) S A. MAURESMO 7-6(6) 6-2
2004 PHILADELPHIA HARD (I) F A. MAURESMO 3-6 6-2 6-2

If Bepa doesn't have a mental lapse like she did at the start of the 2nd set in Philadelphia, an upset could be on the cards. She has to try to stop Momo from adjusting to the court by mixing things up from the start. I want Bepa to believe that the match is on her racquet, and that she can win if she keeps her cool.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 01:41 AM
Bepa was speaking on Eurosport radio. She said that her strengths are being able to change her game (she can play aggressive or defensive shots), and her serve is pretty good. She said that she needs to stay cool on the court, even if things don't work.

Then one of the idiot commentators said that she needs an operation to insert a thermostat :rolleyes:

Bepa serving, and aggressive from the start with 2 winners from the first 2 points :yeah:, then 2 DFs :o

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Bepa 1-2*

She saved a BP, and had GPs, but was broken :sad:

Bepa is already getting angry :o

The good news is that she has already hit 8 winners, which is 1 more than she managed in the entire match yesterday

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:05 AM
I'm shocked that Bepa didn't live up to her word.Bepa said that she needs to do it. She didn't say that she would be able to do it :o

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Momo took the first set 6-1

Bepa launched a ball into the upper level of the stadium

Momo has 3 UEs. Bepa has 4 DFs :o

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:20 AM
Commentators referring to Bepa's statement that she can attack or defend:
She looks best when she is attacking, just like at the start of the match.Agreed :yeah:

She doesn't have the movement skills to be defensive or a counter-puncherWTF???? :rolleyes:

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:23 AM
Bepa broken 0-2*

8 deuces in the game. Bepa is serving DFs like crazy :o

However, she has hit 15 winners :yeah:

*hingis_forever*
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Bepa broken 0-2*

8 deuces in the game. Bepa is serving DFs like crazy :o

However, she has hit 15 winners :yeah:
I'm sorry, but there's nothing to be positive about! She's been pathetic at these deuce games and she needs to once and for all calm her ass down! I love her to death but it's got to stop!

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:33 AM
I'm sorry, but there's nothing to be positive about!I'd rather her attack, then be defensive.

Yes. she isn't converting deuce games, but that has a lot to do with her serve.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Amelie won 6-1 6-0

Implosion complete :sad:

tenn_ace
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Vera could leave to go home to prepare herself for FedCup final. I don't think she has any chances left to get to the semi.

ys
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:37 AM
Losing 12 games in a row.. :eek:

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Apparently, Bepa has completely lost it mentally.

Girl really needs a hug. Go help her, Martin.How am I going to help her right now?

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:44 AM
Vera could leave to go home to prepare herself for FedCup final. I don't think she has any chances left to get to the semi.I think that the top 10 is still on the line.

If Maria loses all of her matches, Bepa will finish 3rd in the group, so 121 point + quality points should move her into the top 10

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:55 AM
She's picking a hideous sweater to wear for tomorrow.This time, it will probably be a sweater made out of kitchen curtains :o

But I swear, if she turns up in anything made out of a PVC shower curtain, I may have to put her on probation :D

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 12th, 2004, 03:01 AM
omg Vera :sad: :( :bigcry:
that was just horrible to watch :(

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Match Statistics vs Amelie
Mauresmo Zvonareva
1st Serve % 73% 52%
Aces 5 3
Double Faults 0 9
Winning % - 1st Serve Pts. 17 of 22 = 77% 17 of 34 = 50%
Winning % - 2nd Serve Pts. 7 of 8 = 88% 9 of 31 = 29%
Winners (including service) 15 15
Unforced Errors 6 25
Break Point Conversions 6 of 12 = 50 % 0 of 0 = 0 %
Net Approaches 9 of 13 = 69 % 4 of 9 = 44 %
Total Points Won 63 32
Fastest Match Serve Speed 176 MPH 109 MPH
Average Match Serve Speed 115 MPH 99 MPH

Too many UEs, and way too many DFs :o

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Masha defeated Sveta, so Bepa is screwed with regards to making the top 10.

She doesn't have many points to defend in Australia, so she will re-enter the top 10 in January.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Wrong.

Infact, Bepa has more to defend then nearly everyone around her.Bepa will play two tournaments prior to the Australian Open - Gold Coast and Sydney. She has to defend 20 at the Gold Coast, and 35 at Sydney.

I think she will re-enter the top 10 before the AO.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:36 AM
None of the players I mentioned even bother with those tourneys, except Nadia who has only 100 points to defend by reaching the final of Gold Coast.Yes, and that's why Bepa will get into the top 10 :)

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:53 AM
She won't.

Gold Coast will virtually be meaningless... she'd have to reach the finals to gain any points to her rankings, and it won't be much anyway.

And if Bepa gets past the QF of Sydney by defeating a higher seed... I'll shave my head.You do play the role of trolldenlox quite well

Sugiyama won 182 points by taking the Gold Coast title this year, which is not meaningless.

Secondly, I think that Bepa can beat a seed in Sydney. You obviously didn't see how she played against Lindsay, or how rusty Elena D. looked. If the trends are repeated next year, there is no reason why she can't beat a seed.

Since I think that Bepa will improve quite a bit in the offseason, I think she will be top 10 by the time of the AO.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 05:02 AM
I'm not trolling, just giving my honest opinion mixed in with facts that I know better than everyone.The fact is that Gold Coast points aren't meaningless, and can propel Bepa into the top 10.

I believe that she will secure enough points to do so.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Now, you said Top 10 after Australian Open.No, I said:
...she will re-enter the top 10 in JanuaryI think she will re-enter the top 10 before the AO.I think she will be top 10 by the time of the AO.
I didn't say anything about after the AO :wavey:

But, everyone here is so fucking stupid that I'm just leaving.I'm stupid, despite you not being able to manage basic reading comprehension?

Methinks that's kinda like some Capriati fans calling Bepa the most crap player in the top 30 after Bepa won in Philadelphia.

Daniel
Nov 12th, 2004, 06:16 AM
a bad perfomrance vs. Momo, maybe too mny matches in the last ouple of weeks made her tired :sad:

but still proud coz she played with the best players in LA . Vera :hug:

Dan23
Nov 12th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Thats right Daniel :)
Keep your head up Bepa ;)

rrfnpump
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Vera :hug: She is tired :sad:

But I am proud being a Vera fan ;)

Frank
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:13 PM
It's a shame that after so much trouble for qualifying she's struggling so much now. :sad:

But at least she did qualify, and she has done a great job by doing that. :)

goldenlox
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Vera was happy to be here this year.
And getting into the YEC is a great accomplishment.
But there's always another road in the journey.
And 2005 should be a fun and bumpy ride! :drive:

goldenlox
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Vera has one more match. She has to compete against Maria.
I know she tried against Sveta and Amelie.
But the top of the sport involves more than trying.
You have to find a way to win.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Since September 20th, Bepa has played seven tournaments in eight weeks, including six straight. She has got to be exhausted, especially considering her style of play requires her to cover the baseline from side to side. As long as she's trying, that's good enough for me.

However, I am worried about her state of mind. Being tired means that she is hitting more UEs, and it means that she's getting really angry with herself.

Bepa is fighting, but she is in no way focused on remaining calm. There is crying, screaming, racquet tossing, and balls being hit into the upper tier of the stadium. Normally she can battle back from meltdowns, but losing 11 games in a row because of sloppy play is very worrying :sad:

goldenlox
Nov 12th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Vera had a tough moment at Fed Cup last fall.
Similar to Anastasia against Justine in Athens, because it's a tough loss, and you have to get over it.

Vera still can improve her game. She's still early in her career.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Bepa shouldn't be thinking about Fed Cup last year, or going back to Moscow. She should be focused on improving her hardcourt record against Maria to 3-0.

Focus wins matches.

goldenlox
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Vera said she was trying hard. She said she felt pressure against Mauresmo.
Vera should relax and play. Just like Montreal.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Pressure isn't the problem. Constant self-berating is the problem.

When Bepa lets up on herself, she will play much better tennis

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:18 PM
WASHINGTON, Nov. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- SFX Sports Group, the world's premier sports marketing and representation agency, today announced that 20-year-old tennis phenomenon, Vera Zvonareva, has an agreement with Centertelecom to display the corporate patch on her sleeve during all of her tennis activities and will make public appearances on the company's behalf. She will also be featured in ads throughout Moscow. Financial terms of the agreement are not available.
"I am proud to represent Centertelecom," said Zvonareva. "They are a great company -- I have often used them as a provider and I have always found that they have clear and strong reception and great customer service so I endorse them whole-heartedly."
Vera Zvonareva reached her career high ranking of #9 in the world in August 2004. Zvonareva has climbed nearly 350 spots in the rankings in just under 2 years since she turned pro in 2002. She is enjoying her best year on tour claiming her first Grand Slam title in mixed doubles at the US Open (w/ Bryan), the singles title at the Kroger St. Jude in Memphis, and the doubles title at Moscow (w/ Myskina). Currently ranked #11 in the world, she is 50-23 in singles play in 2004. Vera is part of a Russian resurgence that has dominated Women's tennis this year.
"We are excited to see Vera reaching this milestone in her young career," said Alexei Nikolaev, Director of European Tennis Operations, SFX Sports Group. Nikolaev, who is based in Moscow and Vienna continued, "Vera will be the first athlete CenterTelecom has ever endorsed, greatly enhancing their already highly regarded global image. I think this speaks volumes on her marketability and signifies her emergence as a global brand."
Alexei Nikolaev manages Zvonavera out of SFX's Moscow office, along with John Tobias who manages Zvonavera SFX Sports Group's DC office. The Moscow office recently opened to take advantage of the rapidly expanding Russian sports market.
Centertelecom is the #1 mobile phone communications provider in Moscow. Zvonareva currently has deals with Adidas, Fischer, and ACE Authentic. Adidas allows clients to wear corporate patches on Adidas licensed apparel. SFX has grown worldwide and currently has three other top Russian players including Igor Andreev, Elena Vesnina, and Evgeniv Kirillov.http://www.mysan.de/international/article622.html

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Elaborating on the article posted by pav
link (http://www.thedesertsun.com/news/stories2004/sports/20041112014337.shtml)
BIG GIRLS DO CRY: When Russian Vera Zvonareva gets emotional on the court, U.S. Open champion and fellow countrywoman Svetlana Kuznetsova tries to pay her no mind.

"I played with her since 15, 14. I know her the way she is," Kuznetsova said. "She has always been like this. Once, I lost to her because she starts crying. And she was like talking on the changeovers.

"I was 4-1 up in the third set. I was playing unbelievable. And suddenly Vera started crying and she was talking to herself. After, I was like OK. So I stopped and I lost in a tiebreaker."Bepa drove Sveta crazy :D

Since that time, Kuznetsova said she tries to focus on herself, not on Zvonareva. Kuznetsova said they are good friends, but Zvonareva’s eccentricity on the court takes a little getting used to.

"Vera is just crazy on the court, but she is an amazing person," Kuznetsova said. "She is like my best friend on the tennis tour because I have been sharing a room with her since the juniors."Sveta :hug:

goldenlox
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Sveta also said that Vera is exhausted. Vera has one more match, and I hope she has some energy left.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Sveta also said that Vera is exhausted. Vera has one more match, and I hope she has some energy left.Sveta knows all about racking up matches played. From what I've seen, she has played the most matches of anyone this year, and she still has doubles to go :eek:

However, she schedules rest periods better than Bepa, so she lessens the chance of becoming exhausted. I'll be interested to see Bepa's 2005 schedule, and how she structures her rest periods.

goldenlox
Nov 12th, 2004, 05:35 PM
It's hard to schedule. You don't know when you have injuries, or when you have a long, tough week.

It's important for Vera to keep improving.
The tour will only get tougher.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 05:45 PM
I think Bepa should play as much clay as she can.

It suits her style of play, and it's easier on her body.

Therefore, Acapulco and Bogota should be on the cards.

goldenlox
Nov 12th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Vera said she was trying hard. She said she felt pressure against Mauresmo.
Vera should relax and play. Just like Montreal.
This match against Maria could be your last match of 2004.
Give it your best shot.

goldenlox
Nov 12th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Sveta earned about 550 points in Dubai and Doha.
She beat Venus and Justine. She lost to Justine at Indian Wells.
Sveta will be fine. So will Vera.
You have to play when you're healthy, and not wait a month.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 06:06 PM
This match against Maria could be your last match of 2004.
Give it your best shot.Bepa has tried in her previous two matches.

I could hear her very loud footsteps on Eurosport radio as she tried to chase down every ball.

The problem is that she's too tired to put the ball away.

goldenlox
Nov 12th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Sveta earned about 550 points in Dubai and Doha.
She beat Venus and Justine. She lost to Justine at Indian Wells.
Sveta will be fine. So will Vera.
You have to play when you're healthy, and not wait a month.
This was a great year for Sveta. But she's not the best player in the world.
I have no problem with her year.
I hope Vera and Nadia and Lenas can win a major also.

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 06:14 PM
I hope Vera and Nadia and Lenas can win a major also.Udachi Bepa and Nadya!

I will guide them towards their goals :)

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 03:30 AM
Bepa leads the H2H 2-1, including 2-0 on hardcourts

2004 MEMPHIS HARD (I) S V. ZVONAREVA 7-6(5) 6-2
2004 FRENCH OPEN CLAY (O) R32 M. SHARAPOVA 6-3 7-6(3)
2004 MONTREAL HARD (O) R16 V. ZVONAREVA 4-6 6-4 6-4

Bepa already down a break, and looking frustrated.
On her next serve, she lead 40-0, and Masha got it to deuce, before Bepa held.

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Masha took the 1st set 6-4, after breaking in the opening game

Bepa missed a number of BP chances :sad:, but she is really hanging in there :yeah:

Bepa can take the second set

Davai!!!

TartarVicario
Nov 13th, 2004, 04:23 AM
Come on Bepa.Please help Sveta :sad: :p ;)

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Good luck to Bepa.
But Masha losing is so not cool!!Bepa winning is very cool :cool:

She is down a break @ 2-3*, but she is really fighting

ys
Nov 13th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Last game was fun.. Ice cool vera and hysterical Masha.. Stranger things happen..:)

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 04:51 AM
Bepa just saved 6 or 7 BPs in one game to hold :worship:

She leads 4-3*

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Bepa had 2 SPs @ at 5-4* but Masha's serve saved her

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Masha d. Bepa 6-4 7-5

Despite being dead tired, Bepa ran down everything, and could have taken it to a third set.

To me, this is Bepa's most disappointing loss of the YEC :sobbing:

TartarVicario
Nov 13th, 2004, 05:23 AM
God Masha had 58 winners :sad: Vera,I know you tried your best :)

no1mariafan
Nov 13th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Bad Luck Vera. You played well!

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Match Stats vs Masha

Match Summary Sharapova Zvonareva
1st Serve % 61% 53%
Aces 2 4
Double Faults 7 3
Winning % - 1st Serve Pts. 31 of 48 = 65% 28 of 50 = 56%
Winning % - 2nd Serve Pts. 16 of 31 = 52% 21 of 44 = 48%
Winners (including service) 58 12
Unforced Errors 36 13
Break Point Conversions 4 of 17 = 24 % 2 of 9 = 22 %
Net Approaches 26 of 33 = 79 % 2 of 5 = 40 %
Total Points Won 92 81
Fastest Match Serve Speed 110 MPH 110 MPH
Average Match Serve Speed 101 MPH 99 MPH

http://wtachamps.ids-emedia.com/stats/Match13694.html

Bepa should have tried to be a little more aggressive, but it is interesting to see that her serve appeared to be pretty good. However, the commentators did say that she appeared to be struggling for racquet-head speed on her 2nd serve.

When her serve is improved during the offseason (remembering that it was adjusted mid-season), she will hopefully be stretched to less deuce games

pav
Nov 13th, 2004, 06:14 AM
It is dissapointing after all that effort Bepa couldn't quite make it to a third set, still tried Her heart out, I didn't listen to audio but read the Eurosport comm. and see When Bepa broke They said something condescending like 'She didn't have to work for that break' still killing them to give Her any credit, but at least She showed Her talent exhausted and all!

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 06:23 AM
The commentators were sooooooo pro-Masha :rolleyes:

Daniel
Nov 13th, 2004, 06:25 AM
Vera, :sad:
it was a godo experience after all, next year she will do better, this year was just too much for her,

Vera :hug: :D

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Here's a question that I would like to pose...
Should Bepa try to rotate her western forehand grip so that it is a little less extreme?

She is suffering on low-bounce surfaces, and when she faces flat power hitters, she has to revert to a more defensive game because she has trouble generating her own pace.

Opinions? :)

goldenlox
Nov 13th, 2004, 02:24 PM
I agree with Luke Jensen. Vera has to learn to mix her pace and placement. So she can play steady, and still be aggressive.
This was a tough tournament for Vera. But she knows she's close to the top of the sport.
She has to keep climbing up that mountain. One step at a time.

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Bepa had to be more aggressive.

She is one of the best defensive players on Tour because she'll chase down the every ball and keep it in play, but that only really works against players who are racking up the UEs.

She needed to try to force UEs by stepping up to the ball and unloading. It would have been a good way to conserve energy, and I think that it would have produced better results.

goldenlox
Nov 13th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Vera had a steady year. She didn't have a big win. The FO loss to Sharapova was the biggest loss.
Vera is in the same situation as Nadia. They are close to the top, but not there yet.
But no one can stay where they are. If you don't improve, you go backwards.

Crazy_Fool
Nov 13th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Vera had a steady year. She didn't have a big win. The FO loss to Sharapova was the biggest loss.
Vera is in the same situation as Nadia. They are close to the top, but not there yet.
But no one can stay where they are. If you don't improve, you go backwards.
Actually i thought the US Open defeat was worse :(

Many chances in that match, and she was just totally emotional and couldn't get herself together.

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 04:01 PM
I think that the French Open loss may have been due to a virus, but the US Open loss was pure meltdown. That makes the US Open loss worse.

goldenlox
Nov 13th, 2004, 05:25 PM
I didn't see the US Open loss. I saw her loss to Lindsay in Cincinnati, and Vera looked off her best form of the summer.
The FO loss ruined a great chance to play Lena in the semis.

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Yes, the French Open draw was far more open, but in terms of what she was doing during the match, the US Open match was horrible.

I only saw highlights, but Bepa lost her head completely. She cried while leading 5-1, then cried after taking the 1st set 6-1. After that, things got even worse.

goldenlox
Nov 13th, 2004, 05:42 PM
At RG, Vera had so much trouble holding her serve. I have the second set on tape.
Vera had many chances to win it. Red clay is by far Maria's worst surface.

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 06:00 PM
In the match against Serna, I believe that Bepa was physically ill on court. She wasn't well, and she had to really fight in that match. It wasn't the ideal preparation for the match with Masha. Bepa shouldn't lose to Masha on clay.

goldenlox
Nov 13th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Vera knows how close to the top she is. These women love to work hard. And Vera will be busting her tail to prepare for 2005.
Me, I'll be relaxing.:zzz:

Epigone
Nov 13th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Bepa has a huge offseason ahead of her.

She will work to get her serve more consistent, and she will have to see someone about her head. It is by far the weakest aspect of her game.

I will also be busy during the offseason with Bepa-related business :)

mandy7
Nov 13th, 2004, 10:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/mandy7/tennis/vera1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/mandy7/tennis/vera2.jpg

from a dutch newspaper, sorry for the poor quality of my scans :)

i'll translate it some other time, promise

ciao 'M

Frank
Nov 13th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks Mandy. :wavey:

The article is a bit cliché, but it's nice. :)

And the title is quite funny. :p

rrfnpump
Nov 14th, 2004, 09:04 AM
I can understand dutch if I concentrate, but I cannot speak it ;)

Thanks for the article, mandy :hug:

Epigone
Nov 14th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Mandy, thanks for the article :)

Bepa will end the year at season-ending highs of #11 for singles, and #16 for doubles.

Her goal for next year should be to secure places in the top 10 in both singles and doubles.

goldenlox
Nov 14th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Vera will have a tough time moving up the rankings early next year.
Lena D., Maria, Nadia, Serena, and others, have almost nothing to defend.
Vera was grinding out points all year, without any huge totals.
It will take good tennis for Vera to be a longtime member of the top 10.

Epigone
Nov 14th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Vera will have a tough time moving up the rankings early next year.Bepa needs to play consistent tennis over the course of the year, and she can get into the top 10, and hopefully stay there. While I do believe she will make the top 10 in Australia, I don't think she will be there for long, as people around her aren't defending many points.

The key will be the slams, and tournaments like IW, Miami, and Berlin. I believe that she will be able to advance further at these tournaments, and more importantly, be able to pick up a great deal of quality points. I'm expecting a huge French Open in particular, so she should be in a very strong position before she has to defend her US hardcourt points.

Gowza
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:32 AM
vera can definately improve in the slams, didnt reach any QFs this year at any of the slams so definately can gain sime more points in that area.

Epigone
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:20 PM
122 points from the AO, 80 points from the FO, 134 points from Wimbledon, and 136 points from the US Open.

No big wins, so really poor quality points :crying2:

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:24 PM
The way I view 2005, Sveta will have a tough time returning to the YEC.
So Vera will also have a tough time. Serena is back, Anastasia and Maria will be good.
Justine and Kim will be back. The top 10 will be more competitive in 2005.

Epigone
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Come 2005, Bepa will be ready for the challenge.

If her head improves, she will play much better in tight matches, and therefore progress further in tournaments. Players who cause her trouble now will be in for a rude shock. I think that she will redress the poor H2H record she has when playing other Russians.

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:45 PM
I thought Vera played some good tennis this summer. But she couldn't keep that level up.
I think Vera will stay in the top 15, and earn a great living.
But she has to take her game to a higher level to make the YEC again.

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:58 PM
I think Anastasia and Maria are better players.
Sveta is young and improving, but her draw at the US Open was a good one.
No Justine, no Serena, Lindsay had an injury. I think the top 8 in 2005 will be tough to stay in.

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Sveta lost first round at Wimbledon. Then to Dulko in Fed Cup.
Then 2&3 to Vera, and she lost 11 of her last 13 games against Dementieva.
Besides the US Open, her post Eastbourne results aren't that good.

Sveta has a chance to be great. But not at her current level.

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:06 PM
I think Nastya and Sweta are the players who will definitely make YEC next year. Bepa, Lena D, Lena B, Maria, Nadia will all be in the chase, as well.
Everyone can't make the YEC.

Epigone
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Besides the US Open, her post Eastbourne results aren't that good.Yeah, she only won Bali, made the final in Beijing, the SF in Filderstadt, and QF in Moscow. How terrible...

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Maria is in the YEC final also. And she won Seoul - don't forget that.

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Yeah, she only won Bali, made the final in Beijing, the SF in Filderstadt, and QF in Moscow. How terrible...
Those are not YEC results.

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:15 PM
I love goldenlox.
Sveta's year was not incredible, it was solid.
Next year, she will have trouble defending her US Open points.

Epigone
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Those are not YEC results.You were referring to post Eastbourne results, besides the US Open.

I want to discuss Bepa beating people in this thread.

And since you only care about the money, go and post in Masha's forum. Thanks.

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:19 PM
You were referring to post Eastbourne results, besides the US Open.

And since you only care about the money, go and post in Masha's forum. Thanks.
Vera has a new endorsement deal herself.
All of Sveta's results, before and after the US Open, are no better than Bovina's results.

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Vera didn't beat anybody in L.A., her first YEC was a learning experience.
In Philly, she did a good job. 247 points, her most in 2004.
But her year was not a breakthrough one. Just a slow, steady climb.
It might take Vera 5 more years to reach her peak.

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:22 PM
The ranking reflects 1000 points in NYC. And 550 in the middle east, while Bovina wasn't healthy and fit until the summer hardcourt season.

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:27 PM
That's not true. She wasn't enough fit to play several tough matches in one week until after Wimbledon.
Now that she trains in Barcelona with Sveta, we'll see who's better in 2005.

Epigone
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:30 PM
This isn't Sveta's/Lena's thread.

Trolldenlox, you started this, so you can end it.

Thanks.

In Bepa related news, a web address for her new site has been registered :)

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:35 PM
I want to keep this thread about Vera.
But I'm surrounded by a Hantuchova fan and a Bovina fan.
I need to be alone in this thread.:inlove:

Epigone
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Set http://www.zvonarevaonline.com (http://www.zvonarevaonline.com/) as your home page, today!!!Nyet.

It shall be http://www.verazvonareva.net (http://www.verazvonareva.net)

Epigone
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:38 PM
I want to keep this thread about Vera.
But I'm surrounded by a Hantuchova fan and a Bovina fan.
I need to be alone in this thread.When was the last time I mentioned Daniela in this thread?

In fact, I was posting about Bepa in Daniela's forum :)

Bepa is a cult figure, and not a product of some marketing department.

goldenlox
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Vera's a regular girl:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :rain:
with a great talent :banana: :banana: :banana:

Epigone
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Vera's a regular girl:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :rain:
with a great talent :banana: :banana: :banana:Nyet.

Bepa is superior to everyone.

More shall be revealed in her next interview.

Epigone
Nov 15th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Bepa shouldn't play singles in Fed Cup, but she should play doubles.

Bepa and Nastya have had good results of late, and I think will play better than Sveta/Elena L.

Of course, Tarpischev could form a doubles superteam by pairing Bepa and Nadia :eek:, but I think this should wait until next year :angel:

Epigone
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:14 AM
http://bepa.zvonareva.youaremyfriend.com/Bepa is a great player, and extremely nice to her fans.

She is a friend to all of the world's people :)

Daniel
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:08 AM
indeed, she seems to be a nice and friendly woman :)

Vera :hug:

Emptiness
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:15 AM
http://bepa.zvonareva.youaremyfriend.com/Ohmygod. Haha thanks i needed a laugh the music is hilarious.

But i don't think Vera is very nice to the people in charge of the laundry at tournaments. :crying2:

Epigone
Nov 16th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Bepa shouldn't play singles in Fed Cup, but she should play doubles.Amelie has pulled out of Fed Cup, so Bepa should get a chance to play singles.

This year, she is 5-1 against Dechy, and 1-0 against Golovin.

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Vera finished 2004 with $988,000 in prizemoney. Not a bad year. Certainly better than sitting in classes for free.:zzz:
What's left for Vera is to win big titles. And get back to the YEC.

Epigone
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Couldn't even break $1 million :o

Bepa's concern now is securing the Fed Cup for Russia

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:32 PM
She can cheer on Nastya and Svetik.:clap2: :bigclap:

Epigone
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:41 PM
She can cheer on Nastya and Svetik.:clap2: :bigclap:No, Bepa is going to play.

She can play singles, or doubles with Nastya.

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I hope she plays. But it's not my decision.
I want this title. It's important to end 2004 the right way.

Epigone
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Bepa has a good record against the French players, so I want her to play.

Yeah, she needs to rest, but I want her to feel like she contributed to the victory.

After being screwed out of a spot on the Olympic team (I'll get to the bottom of what went on there), she deserves a chance to play for her country in the SF and final.

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:00 PM
I would prefer she rests, and prepares for Australia.

Epigone
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:04 PM
I would prefer she rests, and prepares for Australia.Bepa will have me supporting her in Australia, and I will cheer her to victory.

If she isn't focusing, I'll give her a verbal rocket :shout:

She will leave Australia with a massive haul of points, and at least one title.

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:07 PM
2004 will be very competitive. That's why it's good not to be on Fed Cup.
Sveta took off from Moscow to L.A., to be rested for Fed Cup.
Vera has been playing non-stop.
She would be better off skipping Fed Cup, and resting.

Epigone
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Representing Russia means a lot to Bepa. Nastya said that Bepa was heartbroken when she wasn't picked for the Olympic team.

There is more than a month between the end of Fed Cup and the Gold Coast tournament, which should be enough time to rest. In addition, Bepa will be at home in Moscow, so there is less stress on the body from travelling. She can be in Moscow for almost a month and a half if she so chooses, so I think that it's possible to play Fed Cup and then rest.

Playing Fed Cup all year and then skipping the SF and final is the same as battling to make the YEC and then withdrawing before your first match. However, if her body can't handle it, she should be cheering from the sideline.

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:00 PM
I would want to be on this team - the first Russian Fed Cup championship team.

pav
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Bepa will have me supporting her in Australia, and I will cheer her to victory.

If she isn't focusing, I'll give her a verbal rocket :shout:

She will leave Australia with a massive haul of points, and at least one title.

I suppose She has outgrown Auckland for good now :sobbing:

Epigone
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:39 PM
I suppose She has outgrown Auckland for good now :sobbing:That's a good thing, as it means that Bepa thinks that she is able to challenge for bigger titles.

On the other hand, I'd also be :sobbing: if Bepa decided to not turn up to my home tournament :hug:

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 03:07 PM
It's very hot down under. Vera has to be careful before the AO, and not overplay.

Epigone
Nov 17th, 2004, 03:20 PM
It's very hot down under. Vera has to be careful before the AO, and not overplay.Bepa will play singles under a tent-type thing at the Gold Coast, but doubles might be outside. Tina Pisnik almost collapsed from heat exhaustion this year when she was playing Kapros on an outdoor court.

Sydney was also quite hot this year, but she will have to live with that, as will all of the other players. I guess she should attack more to shorten the points.

However, I think that Bepa is a strong girl, and she can handle the conditions if she stays well hydrated.

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Australia is an unusual situation because everyone's there. And the field in Sydney is strong.
The AO is the goal, and maybe skipping Sydney, and playing the week before is a possibility.

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Outfits like Golovin.