PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Emptiness
Oct 24th, 2004, 04:54 PM
goldenlox are you an accountant? You seem to love money. :p

Vera is going to play doubles with Sprem at Linz. I guess since Nastya's flu returned... :sobbing:

Epigone
Oct 24th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Doubles Draw
#1 Husarova/Likhovtseva vs Chladkova/Gagliardi
Krizan/Srebotnik vs Sprem/Zvonareva

#4 Bartoli/Hantuchova vs Schruff/Svensson
Schett/Wartusch vs Kix/Meusburger

G.Navratilova/Pastikova vs Jidkova/Russell
Benesova/Birnerova vs #3 Serna/Vento Kabchi

Dhenin/Talaja vs Dechy/Schnyder
Q vs #2 Huber/Sugiyama

I wish that Vera could have played doubles with Vera D. :worship: or Lena L., but I think that Vera and K-Lina will make a very strong team. I bet that Leena will be excited to see this pairing ;).

Husarova/Likhovtseva in the 2nd round will be difficult, but if they win that match, I think they have a great shot at the title.

BTW, K-Lina is Vera's first non-Russian partner this year :eek:

goldenlox
Oct 24th, 2004, 05:28 PM
goldenlox are you an accountant? You seem to love money. :p

When you're near the top of this sport, there are millions of dollars involved.
I hear sports fans discussing salaries of male athletes.
I like that the women get paid in tennis.

goldenlox
Oct 24th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Vera still has a chance at the YEC.
I thought Vera took some major steps forward this summer. And I hope she continues to gain consistency.
But this autumn has been a bumpy road.

no1mariafan
Oct 24th, 2004, 06:40 PM
I hope Vera can perform well at Linz to boost her chances of YEC. I dont know if Myskina out and Serena in helps her chances. But to be the best, you've got to beat the rest.

Epigone
Oct 24th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Vera has to take it one match at a time.

I don't want her thinking about YEC right now.

Daniel
Oct 25th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Good luck!!! :kiss: :bounce: :D

cool_olga
Oct 25th, 2004, 09:14 AM
I hope Vera can perform well at Linz to boost her chances of YEC. I dont know if Myskina out and Serena in helps her chances.
I wouldn't count on Myskina out, it's just the flu she won't resign from YEC for sure.

Zurich was Vera's big chance to be step closer to YEC but she couldn't take, that's pity. Let's hope she still can do it. Her serve has improved and net game, powerful groundstroked with great cross court backhand and useful forehand down the line, that's what I saw in Moscow. Vera has potential to play great.

pav
Oct 25th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Wasn't very amused at this little statement about Vera by Matthew Cronin in ******************** think He is getting a bit carried away and let Him Know.

Quote.. With Zvonareva fading fast

no1mariafan
Oct 25th, 2004, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't count on Myskina out, it's just the flu she won't resign from YEC for sure.

I did mean myskina out of Linz. No way will she be missing YEC.

Good Luck Vera at Linz and perform well with birthday girl K-Lina

Epigone
Oct 25th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Court 1 (from 12.00hrs)
1. Douchevina vs. Domachowska (Singles Qualifying)
2. Pin or Fedak vs. Schruff (Singles Qualifying)
3. Krizan/Srebotnik vs. Sprem/Zvonareva

Too bad they aren't on Centre Court, but I hope that they play well together

goldenlox
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Vera played very well against Maria this summer, and against Sveta.
And in her loss to Nastya in San Diego.:crying2: :crying2:
All 3 of them won majors. Vera can compete at that level. She has to learn how to play her best in her biggest matches.
Right now, she just needs wins.

Emptiness
Oct 25th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Vera and KLina lost 7/6(2) 6/3 to Krizan and Srebotnik. http://xs.to/pics/04106/smilie-confused.gif
Not a very good match these two.

Lets hope Vera has better success in singles.
She'll face Ai, unless Ai continues her losing streak. :rolleyes:

Good luck Vera. :hug:

Epigone
Oct 26th, 2004, 03:27 AM
:sad:

Vera should have played doubles with #9 ranked Nadya, as this is one of my dream doubles teams. They would have been seeded #2, and would have been great together.

The Queen Shit
Oct 26th, 2004, 05:05 AM
It looks like Mauresmo is in Linz. And Nastya.
Vera seems to fall just short. She almost made the YEC last year.
She needs a breakthrough win. It should have been Sharapova in the FO.
Maybe she'll get that big win in Melbourne.
that wouldnt be a breakthough win, dear. that would be an im not playing like shit win. sharapova wasnt hot shit then.

Epigone
Oct 26th, 2004, 05:30 AM
that wouldnt be a breakthough win, dear. that would be an im not playing like shit win. sharapova wasnt hot shit then.Agreed. That loss was Vera's worst French Open result. Given her red clay results prior to the French Open, Vera should have won. She had food poisoning the day before, and I suspect that may have weakened her, but it was still a terrible loss.

The Queen Shit
Oct 26th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Any loss to Sharapova on clay is a terrible loss. Contrary to popular belief, she's not all that on the stuff.

Epigone
Oct 26th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Any loss to Sharapova on clay is a terrible loss. Contrary to popular belief, she's not all that on the stuff.Again, agreed. Maria's results are fairly ordinary on clay. It was Vera's match to lose, and she did just that.

Daniel
Oct 26th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Good luck Vera in Linz!!!! :kiss: :worship: :hug: :bounce: :D

Epigone
Oct 26th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Vera isn't playing today, so I hope that she checks out the Dechy/Benesova match, since the winner will be her 2nd round opponent. She should also go to watch Douchevina/Jidkova, and cheer for Vera :D

Emptiness
Oct 26th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Oh wow sometimes i don't even know what the hell i'm smoking. :rolleyes:

Dechy won. I expect Vera to beat her easily. She should make the semis. A loss earlier than that and http://xs.to/pics/04106/smilie-slap.gif.

Epigone
Oct 26th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Nathalie Dechy (FRA) d. Iveta Benesova (CZE) 36 63 61

Not the most convincing of wins, and given the Vera beat Dechy 6-0 6-2 in Moscow, Vera has to be a strong favourite to win.

A loss earlier than that and http://xs.to/pics/04106/smilie-slap.gif.:eek:

I agree :D

goldenlox
Oct 26th, 2004, 03:18 PM
If Vera beat Maria in the FO, she would have faced Weingartner, then Suarez.
That's a good road to the semis of a major.

Good luck against Dechy.

Epigone
Oct 26th, 2004, 03:48 PM
If Vera beat Maria in the FO, she would have faced Weingartner, then Suarez.
That's a good road to the semis of a major.GL, I don't want to think about it anymore. I thought Vera would be the first Russian GS winner by taking the title this year. :sobbing:

Next time I talk to Vera, I'll ask her exactly what went wrong.

goldenlox
Oct 26th, 2004, 03:54 PM
I know what happened. Vera had food poisoning, and Maria played well.

Epigone
Oct 26th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I know what happened. Vera had food poisoning, and Maria played well.That's also what I think happened, but I'd like to know what happened.

Interviews with Vera are very rarely published, so we never get to hear her views. I am still yet to find a post-match interview from the US Open mixed doubles final.

goldenlox
Oct 26th, 2004, 04:20 PM
That's also what I think happened, but I'd like to know what happened.
If you start a thread for Linz, and Russians qualify, and Nastya withdraws, why not update the draw?

Epigone
Oct 26th, 2004, 04:53 PM
If you start a thread for Linz, and Russians qualify, and Nastya withdraws, why not update the draw?Since you like to post in every thread in RR, I thought you'd like to do it :p

I've been busy and I couldn't open PDF files at university to get the revised draw. Now it's fixed. But since this doesn't have anything to do with Vera, I don't know why we're discussing it here :scratch:

I'm still :confused: about Vera taking K-Lina as a partner. Bad, bad decision :sad:

goldenlox
Oct 26th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Vera has a bye in Linz, and has a great chance to make the semis against Mauresmo.
But this tournament is loaded with good matchups. And Vera needs to play well.

Epigone
Oct 26th, 2004, 06:03 PM
I will be very disappointed if Vera doesn't make the SF.

Her style isn't exactly suited to these low-bounce courts, but she is still very competitive indoors. The key will be to keep her serve speed and percentage up. She shouldn't be pushed so much when she is serving

The Queen Shit
Oct 26th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Also, don't waste 16 match points against the top players.

Epigone
Oct 27th, 2004, 12:31 AM
Also, don't waste 16 match points against the top players.Before worrying about that, Vera needs to actually make it to a top player again

Epigone
Oct 27th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Vera gets another day off, so she will play on Thursday.

I hope that she is busy practising her serve.

Epigone
Oct 27th, 2004, 06:37 AM
cool interview.!
What did she mean by : "a guy with a head?" lolI guess Vera is too emotional and, probably, she just wants a guy who would be able to control his emotions.I assume that you're referring to this: Наверно, для меня самое главное, чтобы мой молодой человек был с головой. Хотя… сердцу не прикажешь.My Russian is hopeless, but I think Vera is saying that the most important thing that she wants in a guy is intelligence, although she can't tell her heart who to love.

Daniel
Oct 27th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Go Vera :D

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 01:50 AM
Thursday, October 28, 2004
Centre Court (from 14.00hrs)
1. Zvonareva vs. Dechy

1st match on Centre Court :yeah:

Udachi Bepa!!!

pav
Oct 28th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Play well Bepa, about the same score as last match with Dechy will do!

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Schnyder lost to Jankovic, so this quarter should be easy for Vera. Then again, she is Vera, so there's always a possibility of an unexpected result.

100% focus is required

Daniel
Oct 28th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Good luck!!! :kiss: :yeah:

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 01:16 PM
I can't believe this :sobbing:

Vera is playing, I have a perfect connection with the Austrian TV station that is broadcasting the tournament, but they aren't showing tennis for another two hours.

They are showing landscapes of Austria instead :banghead:

Frank
Oct 28th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Landscapes of Austria? :confused:

They're broadcasting it here in any case. I just switched on the tv. It's 3-3 now, with Vera serving.

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 01:40 PM
I'm trying to watch it on TW1

You must be watching Eurosport ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 28th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Vera is ok when she isnt playing :cuckoo: shots

Frank
Oct 28th, 2004, 02:00 PM
I'm trying to watch it on TW1

You must be watching Eurosport ;)
Indeed. :)

It's a cheap looking channel, but at least they show the non-grand slam tournaments as well.

It's a tiebreak now in any case. Dechy is playing really well actually. Vera is just playing her game, but Dechy is playing at her best and giving Vera a hard time.

4-2 for Dechy now...

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 28th, 2004, 02:05 PM
she got the 1st set :)
now she can play better :)

Dechy cant get any better, she's played her best.

well i hope :scared:

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Vera took the first set 7-6(5)

Too bad I can't be watching the match :rolleyes:

Frank
Oct 28th, 2004, 02:10 PM
You never know...:p

Vera had a couple of great shots to win the tiebreak in any case. And Dechy is finally starting to make some errors. Resulting in a break now for Vera. :)

1-0, Vera to serve.

Frank
Oct 28th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Well, Dechy decided to show weakness only in the first game of the second set. Right now she is playing virtually flawless again. Vera is really struggling now.

3-3, Dechy serving, 30-0 up.

Frank
Oct 28th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Great fight from Vera. :)

Dechy really has been playing well this match, but Vera took her chances (4 out of 4 break chances) and played great shots when necessary.

Serving for the match now...3 match points...and an unforced error by Dechy.

Vera wins 7-6 (5) 6-4

Congratulations and good luck in the next round! :)

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Nice win, but :( about the scoreline.

Vera has to really capitalise on her chances, and not offer up multiple BPs after breaking.

She will now play the winner of Jankovic vs Schett

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Also, don't waste 16 match points against the top players.
Any win right now is a good win.

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Any win right now is a good win.With that kind of attitude, she won't beat top 10 players. She's not in as dire a situation as Nadia.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2004, 03:32 PM
If she wants to make the YEC, she needs wins.

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 03:46 PM
If Vera wants to make a serious run at the YEC, she'll need to make the final here. That means yet another tough match with Momo.

I don't want Vera playing below par in the early rounds, and being happy with any old win. Just remember back to what Julia Kashevarova said after Vera beat Venus at RG last year.

Frank
Oct 28th, 2004, 03:50 PM
I'm watching Mauresmo playing Domachowska right now, and Marta is really giving Mauresmo a run for her money (sorry for the cliché).

Marta is playing really well, but I can't say I'm really impressed by Mauresmo.

So who knows...;)

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Vera has been losing in the early rounds. And she lost a huge match to Dechy at Indian Wells. Kim was a late withdrawal, and Vera could have made the semis.
Dechy made the semis instead. That loss, and the Sharapova loss, cost Vera the YEC.

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Vera has been losing in the early rounds. And she lost a huge match to Dechy at Indian Wells. Kim was a late withdrawal, and Vera could have made the semis.
Dechy made the semis instead. That loss, and the Sharapova loss, cost Vera the YEC.And so did the meltdown in Sydney, and so did the match against Craybas in Miami, and so did the meltdown at the US Open, and so the list goes on.

Vera can redeem herself in part by taking the title in Linz. It would mean defeating Momo and probably Nadia or Elena Bovina. However, if Vera plays like she did today, then that is a very tough ask.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:10 PM
The Indian Wells and FO losses were when her draw was wide open. To me, those were the big losses.
I was watching the FO loss last night. No Lex, just Julia.
And Vera should have beaten Maria on red clay. All you have to do is keep the points going, and frustrate her. The way Myskina does. Vera's strategy was terrible. So was her serve.

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:19 PM
If Vera would actually play to the level of which she is capable, we wouldn't have to worry about open draws. Vera would be beating anyone standing between her and the title. Unfortunately, we only get to see very brief glimpses of brilliance at the moment.

Thanks for bringing up the FO again :sobbing:. Vera wasn't playing her natural game, and that's what happened.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:25 PM
You have to take advantage of your draws. You can play in the AO in 2005, and draw Lindsay, Serena, and Justine. In a row.
Vera had plenty of opportunities this year. That San Diego semi also cost her a few points.

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Yes, GL, Vera has had a disappointing year

However, 2005 will be much brighter, so I'm not getting too :sad:

Frank
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Hmmmm, I hope you're right. ;)

KV
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Good win vs. Dechy. :)

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Could someone please describe how Vera got upset in this match?

I read some pretty rude comments about her crying :fiery:

Emptiness
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Well... you know she could surprise everyone and win Linz. She has a horrible head-to-head against Momo but Momo is just coming off an injury.

Frank
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Could someone please describe how Vera got upset in this match?

I read some pretty rude comments about her crying :fiery:
In the match against Dechy? I didn't see her crying. :confused:

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:05 PM
With Serena out, Vera is the second highest ranked player, after Mauresmo.
If she can beat Amelie here, she can get her best win so far in her career.
:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :yippee:

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:12 PM
In the match against Dechy? I didn't see her crying. :confused:I read a number of posts saying that she cried, including this (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=4394958&postcount=154) one :confused:

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Jankovic defeated Schett 6-3 6-1, and will be Vera's QF opponent.

Udachi!!!

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Vera and Jankovic have never played. Vera can still make the YEC.
She needs to win matches right now.

Andrew.
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Nice job Vera. Nathalie can be a very tricky player when she's on.

Frank
Oct 28th, 2004, 06:05 PM
I read a number of posts saying that she cried, including this (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=4394958&postcount=154) one :confused:
That's rude...:o

Maybe I missed it. All I saw was that Vera got frustrated somewhere at the end of the first set or the beginning of the second set when Dechy was playing really well. But I haven't seen her explicitly crying.

Oh well, she won...:)

rwb196
Oct 28th, 2004, 06:40 PM
That's rude...:o

Maybe I missed it. All I saw was that Vera got frustrated somewhere at the end of the first set or the beginning of the second set when Dechy was playing really well. But I haven't seen her explicitly crying.

Oh well, she won...:)

Refrain from calling Vera a bitch

And haven't you seen her cry when she has been leading

Yes - often

I apologize for the bitch comment, I just can't bear seeing a player act up when their opponent hits a winner, for me it's one of the ugliest and most unsporting types of behaviour, it's forgivable from an 8 year old less so from an adult professional.

Anyway a good high quality match from both women and a nice win for Vera :)

Time after time Vera was acting up today, stomping around the backcourt,angrily swishing her racquet, face contorted on the verge of tears, it was ALWAYS after Natalie had outplayed her in a rally or hit a clean winner. Perhaps I over-reacted because I hate that kind of thing, it's so dissrespectful to the opponent.

Just my humble opinion, no offence meant to Vera or her fans ;)

Frank
Oct 28th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Why is it disrespectful to the opponent? Apparently it's just a reaction from Vera to moments like that, it's not that she cries on purpose in order to downgrade the performance of her opponent.

Andrew.
Oct 28th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Vera just expresses herself that way. As long as she's not hurting herself I don't see a big problem.

Epigone
Oct 28th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Vera just expresses herself that way. As long as she's not hurting herself I don't see a big problem.Yeah, I really don't like it when Vera hits herself. It could cause an injury :sad:

Andrew.
Oct 28th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Yes, when she beats herself it makes me sad.

pav
Oct 28th, 2004, 08:28 PM
I see even Eurosport news is at it---- Emotionally strung 4th seed Vera Zvonareva

Andrew.
Oct 28th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Poor Vera. Smile please.

Epigone
Oct 29th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Friday, October 29, 2004
Centre Court (from 14.00hrs)
1. Zvonareva vs. Jankovic

Once again, Vera plays the opening match on Centre Court. This means that there will probably be no online coverage

This is a crucial match, as I believe that Vera will move ahead of Venus in the race if she wins.

Udachi!!!

Emptiness
Oct 29th, 2004, 01:23 AM
http://img38.exs.cx/img38/1795/bscap016vera2.jpghttp://img38.exs.cx/img38/5865/vera3.jpg
Smile Vera! And stop reaching your hand up your skirt to adjust your shorts. :tape:

She puts too much pressure on herself. I wonder what her blood pressure is like. :o

Epigone
Oct 29th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Smile Vera! And stop reaching your hand up your skirt to adjust your shorts. :tape::eek: *faints* :angel:

She puts too much pressure on herself. I wonder what her blood pressure is like. :oHer blood pressure is so high that her nose sometimes bleeds during matches ;) :sad:

pav
Oct 29th, 2004, 02:44 AM
In hope none of the blood pressure is caused by putting Her hand up Her dress and adjusting Her shorts!(naughty Bepa)

Epigone
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:37 AM
In hope none of the blood pressure is caused by putting Her hand up Her dress and adjusting Her shorts!(naughty Bepa)Oh, my :o

Seems like blood pressures are rising everywhere :D

Daniel
Oct 29th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Good luck

:D :bounce: :clap2:

Emptiness
Oct 29th, 2004, 01:34 PM
"Vera Zvonareva Rise To The Top"
Seems like a really appropriate name. ;)
Bahahaha i can imagine Epigone now.
http://xs.to/pics/04104/smilie-hubba.gif

Davai Bepopa. Drown Jankovic in your tears.

Epigone
Oct 29th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Vera lost the 1st set 4-6 :(

Look at what happened:
Vera to serve 3-5

15-0 overhead smash
30-0 bh dtl attempt failed
40-0 Jankovic racquet dented by Vera's serve :lol:
40-15
40-30 good rally
40-40 fh out
Adv-40 good return of serve dtl
40-40 Vera forced Jankovic into bh corner
40-Adv dropshot Vera couldn't quite get there
40-40 bh return of serve netted
40-Adv fh out
40-40 double fault?
Adv good serve out setup inside put fh winner

game Vera 4-5 good rally Jankovic fh out

She then had 3 BPs in the 10th game, but lost it :banghead:

Davai!

Epigone
Oct 29th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Vera lost 4-6 4-6 :sobbing:

Jelena played well, but Vera didn't take her chances

Such is life :shrug:

:wavey: YEC

And before trolldenlox aka Captain Obvious decides to live up to her name/s, this was another missed chance, and Vera has a lot of work to do before next year :)

Vass22
Oct 29th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Vera. poor Vera.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 29th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Vera :( :sad:
she was definately 2nd best
when she had chances, JJ came back with more of the same.

Vera's movement was very dodgy today and she did too much guesswork.

now Phili......... she's gonna have to beat one of the top 4 seeds to make it.
but before that she has to make the QF.
Vera needs Nastya in her 1/4 and Nastya to do her a big favour ;)

Epigone
Oct 29th, 2004, 02:53 PM
now Phili......... she's gonna have to beat one of the top 4 seeds to make it.
but before that she has to make the QF.
Vera needs Nastya in her 1/4 and Nastya to do her a big favour ;)I'd love Vera to have a rematch with Nastya. She can take Nastya. I just know it.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Vera lost 4-6 4-6 :sobbing:

Jelena played well, but Vera didn't take her chances

Such is life :shrug:

:wavey: YEC
:)
Vera may be tired from a long year. Now she has to earn her trip to L.A.

Emptiness
Oct 29th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Not at this moment she can't.
Losing 6/4 6/4 to Jankovic? Anastasia would of least lost in 3 sets!
Vera had so many chances to qualify for YEC.

Epigone
Oct 29th, 2004, 03:57 PM
So many missed chances :banghead:

Hopefully being so close to the YEC will inspire Vera to train really hard during the off-season

Did anyone see Lex in the stands? Once again, he had his cap turned, and he looked a little frustrated :D

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Vera still has one more chance. But her year was all about not beating YEC players.
She has very few top 10 wins.

Epigone
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Vera still has one more chance. But her year was all about not beating YEC players.
She has very few top 10 wins.Vera could have made the YEC with only the top 10 wins that she has. She shouldn't have lost to lower-ranked players, and that has cost her dearly.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Vera has played a lot more tournaments this year than both Williams or Capriati.
Vera has not had a YEC quality year. If she makes it, it's because of injuries.

Epigone
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Vera has played a lot more tournaments this year than both Williams or Capriati.
Vera has not had a YEC quality year. If she makes it, it's because of injuries.True, and I said after the US Open that she wouldn't make the YEC. Without some decent wins, I didn't want to see her going there.

I would prefer that she use it missing out as motivation for next year. Missing YEC will give her more time off to relax, and give her body a chance to recover. I don't want an injury now that will affect her campaign next year.

This season has been one battle in a large-scale war. Vera will wheel out the big guns next year, and her opponents will want to take cover :D

Udachi!!!

stacyh5
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:43 PM
It's probably better than Bepa doesn't make YEC.

Do any of you think she has a realistic shot of winning ANY matches there?

Bepa is not a strong player on fast indoor courts, and her 2-214234233 record against Top 10 players doesn't help.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:45 PM
This was a perfect situation for Vera, with both Williams and Capriati doing nothing during the European indoor season.
Vera shouldn't be satisfied with 2004. She missed making the Olympic team, and really didn't hold her good form of the summer.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:48 PM
It's probably better than Bepa doesn't make YEC.

Do any of you think she has a realistic shot of winning ANY matches there?

Bepa is not a strong player on fast indoor courts, and her 2-214234233 record against Top 10 players doesn't help.
Vera should make the YEC in a year like this. It was right there for her to take.

stacyh5
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Vera should make the YEC in a year like this. It was right there for her to take.
Why should she?

I don't see her coming close to winning any big tournaments.

the cat
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Linz is another missed opportunity for Vera this year. :( And that's been the story of her year.

Epigone
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:51 PM
When Vera has been on the verge of an important victory this year, she has blown it. The exception being victories over Sveta and Maria that moved her to #9 in the world. It's mental, and it will be sorted out. Hopefully this latest loss sets the alarm bells ringing, and we can see a big change come January.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Because Justine and Kim won't be there. And Serena and Venus had off years after injuries.
I don't think Vera is safe in the 11-15 range in 2005. She better pick up her game, or she's going to be passed, by Lena B. and Lena L., and maybe Nadia.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Vera really fought hard in a lot of matches this year. Against Raymond in the Memphis final, Nastya in San Diego, and Maria in Montreal.

She has to fight for 3 full sets. This autumn has been disappointing for Vera.

Epigone
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:12 PM
I don't think Vera is safe in the 11-15 range in 2005. She better pick up her game, or she's going to be passed, by Lena B. and Lena L., and maybe Nadia.:lol: Vera is a consistent player, while Lena L. and Nadya (poor Nadya :sad: ) aren't. Combine that with the fact that Vera doesn't have huge points to defend next year, and Vera should be fine for the time being.

However, I do think that Nadya is probably the most talented Russian, so when she picks up her game, she will crush virtually everyone. Bovina will also be dangerous when her game picks up, but I think that Vera will also lift next year. On the other hand, Elena L. won't be threatening Vera's ranking unless she can do more than produce a few upset wins.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Lena L., and Lena B. have very little to defend early next year.
They both have better results after Wimbledon than Vera.
Nadia is capable of very good tennis.
Vera is consistent, but not in a top 10 way.

Epigone
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:38 PM
They both have better results after Wimbledon than Vera.I don't know if that will count for much in two months time. Vera remodelled her game midseason, so there are plenty of areas for improvement during November and December.

Vera is consistent, but not in a top 10 way.Vera is more consistent than the three players that you named.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Vera played well in the summer. I think she can win majors. But she has to do better in big matches.
Bovina is improving. Elena L. is in career form.
You have to improve, or you go backwards.

Emptiness
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Vera is more consistent than the three players that you named.Difference is Vera preforms to her ranking but not above. Shes had plenty of chances. Many injuries to top players this year, other Russians have capitalized yet Vera just can't pull a win out of the bag. This draw was wide open. She'd only have to beat a recently injured Momo and Elena or Nadia. Very very very disappointing.. even sadder i bet Vera is very disappointed as well..

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/linz/f_18.jpg

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:47 PM
If Vera is tired, then it doesn't matter if she makes the YEC or not.
Vera beat Sveta and Maria this summer. She has to stay with them as they improve.

Epigone
Oct 29th, 2004, 06:21 PM
This year has been a disaster...
- not advancing past the 4th round at a GS
- blowing a number of wide open draws
- being omitted from the Olympic team for some reason
- not being able to cement a spot in the top 10

This should serve to to provide motivation for next year.

As soon as Vera learns to her emotions into positive play, her fortunes will change.

Epigone
Oct 30th, 2004, 06:41 AM
Bepa's Philadelphia quarter

6 Zvonareva vs. QF/LL
Dechy vs. Pisnik
Shaughnessy vs. WC-McCain
4 Capriati | bye

Can you say "great opportunity"?

Venus has Momo in the QF, so Bepa still has a chance at the YEC

No choking!!!

Daniel
Oct 30th, 2004, 08:04 AM
VEra, :sad:

goldenlox
Oct 30th, 2004, 03:26 PM
This is a great draw. A great chance for Vera to earn her way into the YEC.
One last opportunity in 2004.
But there will be many more opportunities in Vera's future.

Epigone
Oct 31st, 2004, 06:57 AM
But there will be many more opportunities in Vera's future.Exactly! That's why I'm not worried.

Vera has had disappointing results, but there is still so much scope for improvement in her game. Oh, and a mixed doubles GS title and Tier I doubles title aren't too shabby for a player who people regard as being hopeless at doubles :)

goldenlox
Oct 31st, 2004, 05:51 PM
I remember what Luke Jensen said. He said Vera needs experience. She has to learn when to go for winners, and when to play steady.
I thought Vera played well this summer. She's lost that edge that she had.
:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :rain:

Vera needs to be hungry. To beat Dementieva or Myskina, you have to want it bad, but stay under control.

Epigone
Oct 31st, 2004, 06:08 PM
I think that Vera showed that she can take it to Nastya, and their last two matches have been very close.

Against Elena at the US Open, Vera played a great first set, and then inexplicably had a meltdown in the second set. After that, it was a struggle. A wasted match for no reason.

Vera will win these kinds of matches in the future.

goldenlox
Oct 31st, 2004, 06:14 PM
I'm very optimistic about 2005. Not just for Vera.
The competition, just among Russians, will be intense.
Lena D., B., and L., all piled up points after Wimbledon.
Anastasia and Sveta were good all year. Maria can be great.

Vera will have to work hard to hold her position in 2005.

Epigone
Nov 1st, 2004, 05:41 AM
Vera plays #145 ranked Sybille Bammer in the final match today.

Bammer has played three 25k tournaments in a row, so she should be an easier opponent than Vera has faced in some of her recent early-round matches. However, Vera should be 100% focused because she needs a very strong result here to have a shot at the YEC.

Udachi!!!

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:33 PM
From what I've read, Venus, Jennifer, and Vera are only 41 points apart.
So Vera has to beat Capriati, and go further than Williams.
So there's some urgency to this tournament.

Vera needs the same focus she had in California and Montreal.

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:50 PM
It's this simple - if Amelie beats Venus, all Vera has to do is beat Capriati, who has been off since the US Open.

Epigone
Nov 1st, 2004, 11:16 PM
Bepa, please finish off the year in style :)

Epigone
Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:39 AM
Bepa :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bepa defeated Sybille Bammer 64 36 76(5), saving 1 mp in the process.

This was an opponent ranked #145 in the world. She doesn't even win 25k tournaments, and she had a mp :banghead:

Bepa, please focus. I don't care about the YEC at the moment. I just want you playing great tennis :sad:

pav
Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:45 AM
Too close for comfort! I wonder how the match went, it's easier to get information out of Afganistan than bloody Philly! dosen't make You feel confident for the next round

LeonHart
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:29 AM
Vera's form is obviously breaking down due to playing too much. But she's trying to do that final push to make it to YEC....this is really tough. I dont think she would do well in YEC anyways for playing so many tournaments in these few weeks.

Daniel
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:31 AM
a victory is important, the score is not nice but still she managed to be in the 2R. Go Vera :D

ys
Nov 2nd, 2004, 02:45 PM
This was an opponent ranked #145 in the world. She doesn't even win 25k tournaments, and she had a mp :banghead:

And that was opponent from the country that we play in Fed Cup semis.. Tarpishev must be crazy to rely on Vera in singles in FC at this point.

goldenlox
Nov 2nd, 2004, 03:13 PM
Vera might be tired from a long year.
These matches are some of the most important Vera has ever played.
They are as big as the Petrova match at RG.
And Fed Cup against France last year.
Vera has to beat Capriati this week.

Emptiness
Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:26 PM
Vera! http://xs2.xs.to/pics/04112/smilie-rolleyes.gif
Now she has me very worried. No way this kind of form is going to get her to YEC but maybe it really would be better if she didn't. Better to rest and train for next year than participate in a tournament she isn't even a threat in. Probably would be devastating for her moral though.. http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-sad.gif

goldenlox
Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:30 PM
Vera will survive without the YEC.
But it's right there for her, if she can play well enough.

Epigone
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:17 PM
I don't want Vera playing 6 weeks in row, so it might be better if she misses the YEC. There's no point in playing if she is exhausted, and I don't think that she is mentally prepared for so many big matches so close together :sad:.

Maria Martinez
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:55 PM
Saving match point against Bammer is nothing to be proud of.

Please, don't qualify for the YEC. Going 0-3 will not help her mental state.

pav
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:39 AM
Going 3 sets in the doubles today dosen't help a lot either!

Epigone
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:42 AM
Saving match point against Bammer is nothing to be proud of.Really? :p

Please, don't qualify for the YEC. Going 0-3 will not help her mental state.I don't think it would hurt it, either.

The thing that you have to remember is that Vera can meltdown in a match, and still perform well in the tournament. Recent examples being US Open 2004, and Kremlin Cup 2004.

Vera is capable of beating a number of players in the YEC field, but I don't think her head is in the right place at the moment. Nevertheless, I think that she would be able to put losses behind her, if she did in fact lose.

However, I don't think that Vera is going to the YEC anyway, so this can be discussed next year :)

Epigone
Nov 3rd, 2004, 12:46 AM
Going 3 sets in the doubles today dosen't help a lot either!They back up winning a Tier I title with this? :sad:

(2) Myskina/Zvonareva (RUS/RUS) d. Ashley/Mattek (USA/USA) 57 76(5) 61

BTW, Sveta will be playing Australian Open doubles with Alicia Molik. That means that Elena L. will be without a partner...

Emptiness
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:48 AM
Damn Epigone you really don't like the Vera and Anastasia partnership do you?

I'm starting to really agree with "Maria Martinez"... Vera should just go home, rest and train. If she actually does make it to YEC and doesn't preform well it could really hurt her mentally and set her even further back.

Epigone
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:54 AM
Damn Epigone you really don't like the Vera and Anastasia partnership do you?I love Nastya, but I don't know if she and Vera make the best doubles team. Their results have been up and down all season, and I admit that I'm still a little mad over Wimbledon and the US Open :(.

Vera and Nastya have different priorities, and will be playing different tournaments next year. I want Vera to have a fairly stable partner. This year she has played with Lina K., Nastya, Maria S., Maria K., Elena L., and K-Lina. I think playing doubles helped Sveta, and I want it to help Vera, but I just feel that Vera needs to develop a relationship with a consistent partner. However, she should definitely stick with Nastya if Elena L. isn't available.

goldenlox
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:46 PM
I don't want Vera playing 6 weeks in row, so it might be better if she misses the YEC. There's no point in playing if she is exhausted, and I don't think that she is mentally prepared for so many big matches so close together :sad:.
Vera needs to play big matches. She's beaten Maria twice this year. She beat Sveta.
Vera had 9 match points against Anastasia in the match of the year.
Vera never plays in the most important matches. Except Fed Cup last fall.
She needs to try her best now.

goldenlox
Nov 3rd, 2004, 05:37 PM
Vera plays Dechy tomorrow. Good luck, Vera! Give it your best effort!

pav
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:23 PM
come on Vera make it another win against Dechy,if She loses, I'll start crying! (oh no it must be catching!)

Epigone
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
(2) Myskina/Zvonareva (RUS/RUS) d. Fedak/Poutchek (UKR/BLR) 63 64

That's what I'm talking about :yeah:

Epigone
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:25 PM
Here is something for trolldenlox :p

Zvonareva Dials Up Endorsement Deal
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/ZVONAREVASMullaneRG.jpg
Photo By Susan Mullane By Tennis Week
11/03/2004

Vera Zvonareva has dialed into another endorsement deal that will keep her on Center court whenever she plays. The 20-year-old Moscow native often wears her heart on her sleeve during matches and now it will be accompanied by a logo patch.
The 11th-ranked Russian has signed a multi-year pact to endorse Center Telecom, a Moscow telecommunications company, reports Liz Mullen of the SportsBusiness Journal.

Zvonareva will wear a Center Telecom logo patch during matches, appear in a print ad campaign for the company and make select corporate appearances.

The reigning U.S. Open mixed doubles champion, who beat Maria Sharapova and Lisa Raymond in successive matches to win the Memphis title in February, also has endorsement contracts with adidas and Fischer racquets.

GL will now automatically respect Bepa more because she is making the $$$, right? ;)

Emptiness
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:38 PM
I admit that I'm still a little mad over Wimbledon and the US Open :(.Yes i can tell. :)

I think playing doubles helped Sveta, and I want it to help Vera, but I just feel that Vera needs to develop a relationship with a consistent partner. However, she should definitely stick with Nastya if Elena L. isn't available.Sveta and Vera are different creatures. What may tame one may not tame another. ;)
Maybe you should call up Martina N. and tell her to take Vera under her wing and teach her the ways... of the court of course!

Good job Vera and Anastasia. Just first round crappiness. http://xs.to/pics/04104/smilie-phew.gif

Epigone
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:02 PM
Sveta and Vera are different creatures. What may tame one may not tame another. ;)The only way to tame on-court Vera might be with a whip and a chair :D

Maybe you should call up Martina N. and tell her to take Vera under her wing and teach her the ways... of the court of course!:lol:

I wanted them (Vera + Martina) to play together in Vienna, but Vera ended up not playing, and Martina played doubles with Lisa Raymond.

Epigone
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:44 PM
Vera plays Dechy tomorrow. Good luck, Vera! Give it your best effort!Vera is 4-1 against Dechy this year. Unfortunately, the 1 loss came at IW with the draw wide open.

L 2-6 6-2 6-2 IW
W 6-1 3-6 6-3 Eastbourne
W 6-4 7-6(5) San Diego
W 6-0 6-2 Moscow
W 7-6(5) 6-4 Linz

Two three-setters, and two matches in which Vera won a TB 7-5

This match won't be easy, so Vera will need to focus.

Epigone
Nov 4th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Bepa vs Nathalie is the second match on Thursday

2. Zvonareva vs. Dechy (NB 11.00hrs)

Udachi!!!

pav
Nov 4th, 2004, 09:16 AM
About 5am My time ,better go to bed so I can get up and support Her!
hope Bepa can continue the winning streak against Dechy

Daniel
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:44 AM
she should beat Dechy again, and be ready to beat Jenn :bounce: :D

saab95
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:37 AM
I like we can watch Vera's match live on momosport today.
Hope Vera can hit not only her legs or head but the ball too.
Good luck!

Epigone
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:13 PM
This is from the CSKA website, and it follow on from a story about Nadia Petrova's match with Tatiana Panova: (http://www.cska.ru/)
Однако этот турнир гораздо более важен для Веры Звонаревой, которой надо выступить удачно, чтобы попасть на итоговый турнир года в Лос-Анджелес.

В одиночном разряде Вера пока свою встречу не провела, а в паре с Анастасией Мыскиной она одержала победу над американской парой Эшли/Мэттик - 5:7, 7:6 (7:5), 6:1. Мы желаем Вере успеха!I, too, wish Bepa success :)

goldenlox
Nov 4th, 2004, 03:20 PM
GL will now automatically respect Bepa more because she is making the $$$, right? ;)I'm glad Vera's getting paid. If she makes the YEC, she gets paid a lot more.

goldenlox
Nov 4th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Vera's in a real fight. 2-6, 6-3. The winner plays Capriati.

KV
Nov 4th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Vera leads N. Dechy 5-4 FS. Serving for the match.

KV
Nov 4th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Vera wins :) Well done Bepa, skating on thin ice though :D

Warrior
Nov 4th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Well done, Vera!:)

pav
Nov 4th, 2004, 06:20 PM
This is from the CSKA website, and it follow on from a story about Nadia Petrova's match with Tatiana Panova: (http://www.cska.ru/)
I, too, wish Bepa success :)
That was a nice thought from them, it might have helped, She needed help in the first! but seemed to work into the match, She wouldn't want to open the door for Cappy even a crack,She feeds on that sort of thing!stillaalive and kicking Bepa!

Emptiness
Nov 4th, 2004, 07:04 PM
:o I don't see how this form is going to beat JenCap.
Really worrying me now.

Epigone
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Bepa :dance:

The scoreline is :sad:, but they have played a lot of tough matches together this year. We must also remember that Capriati beat Meghann 6-4 in the third, so she might not be in the best of form.

We have just gotta believe that Bepa will win this match. The GM board is now either anti-Bepa, or pro-JenCap/Venus, so Bepa needs all of the support that she can get.

Udachi!!!

Escape
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Well done Vera :) hope that she can beat Capriati tomorrow.

the cat
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Vera will have her chances to beat an out of form Capriati. Hopefully she can still make the 2004 YEC. Udachi Verushka! :bounce:

Crazy_Fool
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Vera looked terrible today, she's probably out of gas now :sad:

Still, she played pretty well considering, maybe she can find something extra to get her to L.A.

Go Vera in the QF :bounce:

Crazy_Fool
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Vera will have her chances to beat an out of form Capriati. Hopefully she can still make the 2004 YEC. Udachi Verushka! :bounce:
She can definately beat Capriati, who hasn't been playing great all year.

Epigone
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Vera has played for five weeks in a row. If she makes the YEC, she'll probably collapse due to exhaustion :crying2:

beauty_is_pink
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:20 PM
udachi Vera!
get some deep rest tonight. you can do it. :)

Gowza
Nov 5th, 2004, 12:01 AM
vera hasnt been in the best form as of late and may be tired from the past few weeks, but capriati is a bit out of form so vera is a chance to beat her.

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 01:21 AM
According to this (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=4412709&postcount=1), if Momo beats Venus and Bepa beats JenCap, Bepa makes the YEC.

The ball is in Bepa's court :D

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Bepa plays a QF singles match and a SF doubles match on Friday

2. Zvonareva vs. Capriati
5. Huber/Morariu vs. Myskina/Zvonareva

Bepa, keep fighting! I want a singles SF, and a spot in the doubles final!

Daniel
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Good luck !!!!! :kiss: :worship: :banana: :bounce: :hug: :bigclap2:

saab95
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Friday 5 , not 13. Good luck!

Frank
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:11 AM
According to this (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=4412709&postcount=1), if Momo beats Venus and Bepa beats JenCap, Bepa makes the YEC.

The ball is in Bepa's court :D
That's good news I guess! Venus struggled against Fedak, playing a tight 3 setter with a tiebreak in the last set. Mauresmo should beat her under normal circumstances...

So it's up to Vera now. Capriati hasn't been in the best form lately, but neither has Vera.

Good luck in any case! :D

This will actually be the first time in my life I will be cheering for Mauresmo...:lol:

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:14 AM
from www.cska.ru (http://www.cska.ru/)

Вера Звонарева и Надежда Петрова успешно выступают в Филадельфии 05.11.2004
Представляющие ЦСКА теннисистки Вера Звонарева и Надежда Петрова выиграли свои очередные матчи на крупном турнире WTA в Филадельфии. Вера Звонарева обыграла Натали Деши из Франции - 2:6, 6:3, 6:4, а Надежда Петрова одолела Эми Фрезер из США - 6:4, 6:3. Мы желаем успеха Вере, которой для попадания на итоговый турнир года необходимо выступить в Филадельфии как можно лучше!Make L.A.! :)

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Very exciting. Vera is playing a big match against Capriati.
This is what she works for. These kinds of moments.

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Vera is capable of being very calm in high-pressure situations.

She needs to go into this match with the same mindset that she took into her QF match at the French Open last year.

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:31 PM
I'd rather play Capriati than Mauresmo today. So her draw is good.
And she could know if she's in by tonight.
Then there's five days to rest.

Frank
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Are you sure it is correct that when Vera beats Capriati and Mauresmo beats Venus, Vera will reach the YEC?

I've read somewhere else Vera should win the tournament to qualify...:confused:

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:43 PM
No, she's in today - if she wins, and Mauresmo wins.

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:52 PM
I suspect that Vera will know whether she is in (she will be) or out (nope :p ) before she steps onto the court for her doubles SF match, which could have an interesting psychological effect on that match.

Frank
Nov 5th, 2004, 04:04 PM
No, she's in today - if she wins, and Mauresmo wins.
You're probably right, the source I got that from isn't the most trustworthy ever...:p

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2004, 04:06 PM
All 3 players started this tournament 41 points apart. If only one of them reaches the semis, she's in.

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Nadya showed that even if people write you off, you can win.

Bepa needs to show the same faith in herself :D

Bepa leads *1-0

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Ooh, other self-quoter :p

Bepa 2-0*

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Bepa *3-0 :dance:

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Maria has won a grand slam, Vera hasn't. Vera needs to prove herself in big situations.GL, why are you posting under a different :p name?

Bepa 4-0*

Let's discuss Bepa's serve :)

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:42 PM
BTW, Bepa *5-0 :D

KV
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Bepa 6-0 Would consider this as her best ever set played :D :)

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:47 PM
And, we have a bagel :eek:

Bepa takes the 1st set 6-0

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Bepa breaks in the opening game of the 2nd set

Bepa *1-0

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Bepa 2-0*

She held to love with an ace to seal it

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Bepa *2-1

She blew 2 BPs :sobbing:

KV
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Vera 6-0 3-1*

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Bepa 3-1*

Jen got her feet treated during the break.

KV
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Vera broke again 6-0 *4-1

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Bepa *4-1 :D

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Bepa 5-1*

No choking! :angel: Leena can't jinx her

KV
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Bepa 6-0 5-1

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Bepa wins 6-0 6-1 :dance:

I hope that this will make the haters :tape:

KV
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Bepa won with her best ever display 6-0 6-1 although Jenny played very bad. One Russian player sure of a final place. Vera will meet Nadia in the semis. :D :)

Nastyafan
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Wow Vera that was the best I have ever seen from you :eek: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#):yeah: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)
and great relief after the big Nastya's disappointment:bigcry: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#):bigcry: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)
Now tonight I will have to cheer for one of the players I hate most:devil: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)
But you better win the whole damn tourney:yeah: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

-cata-
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:22 PM
congrats to Vera! great win over Capi. :worship:

GO VERA! prove the haters wrong! :yeah:

pav
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Great going Vera, wish I could have watched that, I was still worried about the second set blues until about 5-1, should have had more faith!

Dementinator
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Just popped over from Chateaux Dementieva to congratulate Vera on a job well done!!!
Well caprifatty i guess its back on the slim fast for you!!
Heck ,vera gave her a real thumping didnt she!!! well done!! you deserve it!!
I sorry if I offend anyone ,not intended ,but i HATE capriati!! dont hate anyone else just her ,she is a cheat ,she is a moaner ,she even tried nicking points of Lena in there match,Didnt work did it,so justice served caps lost again!!
So once again well done Oh!! the YEC just called they say get your ass over to L.A and be quick!!

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Great going Vera, wish I could have watched that, I was still worried about the second set blues until about 5-1, should have had more faith!I don't rest easy until game-set-match.

New Haven 2003, anyone? :scared:

t_fan
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:41 PM
I guess Vera was too exhausted mentally today :) She didn't have the energy to throw tantrums and just played as good as she can. Great win Bepa! :D

mostefan
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Well done, Vera! :hatoff:
Will and pressure - and belief ;) - :yeah:

Spunky83
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Oh man, that was sooo impressive!!!

Come on Momo!!!

Andrew.
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Vera :eek: :inlove:

DEETHELICK
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Vera was SO impressive. Now if she can play like that and control herself emotionally, she could be a big threat at the YEC. I didn;t believe Vera had this sort of level, but the shots she hit today were thoughtful and clever. Very very well played. Congrats on beating my girl Jen! ;)

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Courtesy of EUROSPORT.....

19:58 The trainer's out for Capriati, working on her right foot. We can tell you what the problem is: Zvonareva-itis... The Russian is in the zone, playing near perfect tennis. Believe it or not, and despite the score, Capriati is not playing badly...
:worship:

no1mariafan
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:10 PM
:woohoo: GO VERA!!

Think this is the first time ive wanted momo to win!

Escape
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Well done Vera :banana: what a great win.

beauty_is_pink
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:22 PM
:lol: and we all thought Bepa's energy was drained :p

congrats Vera! :yeah:
awesome work! keep on moving! :worship:

Frank
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:59 PM
:eek:

Impressive! That's the first word that comes to mind. And according to that text from Eurosport it wasn't Capriati who gave it away. :D
Congratulations! :)

Now I have to cheer for Mauresmo...:scared: Oh well, it's worth it. :p

Epigone
Nov 5th, 2004, 09:16 PM
``She's fast,'' Capriati said. ``When someone gets confidence, the more confident they get, the better they play, and I wasn't putting enough juice on the ball today.'' Yahoo article (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpb3M3YzRkBF9TAzk1ODYyNTg0BHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=ap-philadelphia&prov=ap&type=lgns)

pav
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:09 PM
The question is will Nastya show up for the doubles? :)

Crazy_Fool
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:20 PM
I was absolutely stunned with Vera's play today, some of those down the line shots were just :eek:

Now come on Mauresmo, I'd like to see a few more Vera matches before the year end ;)

pav
Nov 5th, 2004, 11:57 PM
The question is will Nastya show up for the doubles? :)

I see naughty Nastya has pulled out of the doubles giving a WO(shoulder strain)

the cat
Nov 6th, 2004, 12:27 AM
It must feel good for Vera to wipe out Capriati like that! :smash: :tennis: I hope she plays well in the semifinal too. Udachi Vera! :D

Epigone
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:37 AM
Amelie won 7-5, 5-7, 6-1

Bepa should now be going to the YEC, unless the WTA decides to screw her over :bigclap:

Epigone
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Yo, Fragrance :wavey:

(4) Huber/Morariu (RSA/USA) d. (2) Myskina/Zvonareva (RUS/RUS) w/o (Myskina: right shoulder strain)

Bepa needs to take Nastya out behind the courts for a lesson in etiquette :devil:

Bepa wouldn't let her partner down, even if she had a collapsed lung, a blown ACL, and severe head trauma.

Emptiness
Nov 6th, 2004, 05:04 AM
You rang?
This isn't the first time. If Vera had an issue with it she'd stop partnering with Anastasia. Until then i guess you'll have to keep on sending Martina N. large photos of Vera in compromising positions.

Anyways congrats Vera! http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-clap.gif
What a way to qualify for YEC.
Wish i could of saw it... heard it was a good performance. :)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Nov 6th, 2004, 05:09 AM
Congratulations to Vera!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Nov 6th, 2004, 05:11 AM
And it would be really great for Vera if WTA would let Vera play YEC next week since she's already qualify for it.

Daniel
Nov 6th, 2004, 07:01 AM
of course they will let her play, she earned her spot and no one can take it away

Congrats Vera, u r such a fighter :kiss: :D

Epigone
Nov 6th, 2004, 09:41 AM
From http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_5686_rx.asp

The WTA preparing to screw Bepa :rolleyes: :
For Zvonareva, even with today's win, a place in next week's event is not cemented. She is still competing for one of the last two spots with Serena Williams, who is not here this week, and Venus, who was bounced from the tournament today by Mauresmo.
Bepa's post-match comments:
"I felt really confident and was able to play my game," she said. "I felt really good out there."
"This win is really important to me, not only because I have a better chance to get into the Championships, but also I beat a Top 10 player."

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 6th, 2004, 11:27 AM
pfffffffff@WTA :fiery:

Vera better be let in or a strike is in order.

rrfnpump
Nov 6th, 2004, 11:33 AM
I was also scared when I read this comment :scared:

When WTA uses this WC option and let Venus in or something like that :fiery: :mad:

saab95
Nov 6th, 2004, 11:40 AM
what's the problem?

mandy7
Nov 6th, 2004, 11:58 AM
is there an american in charge of the WTA or something? :fiery: :rolleyes:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 6th, 2004, 11:58 AM
its ok now
the WTA updated their page and it says Venus and Capriati are out of running

Zvonareva In, Capriati and Venus Out

PHILADELPHIA - The Top 8 seeds took to the court for Friday's highly anticipated quarterfinal match-ups as the WTA Tour's regular season draws to a close at the Advanta Championships in Philadelphia, a Tier II event. The tension was high at the Villanova Pavilion with two spots in next week's season-ending WTA Tour Championships still up for grabs depending on the performace of several players this week.
In the most highly-anticipated quarterfinal of the day, defending champion and top seed Amelie Mauresmo outlasted former world No.1 Venus Williams, the No.5 seed here. Williams kept fighting down a set and 5-4, winning three games in a row and hitting a forehand winner on set point to even the match at a set apiece. However, Mauresmo completely dominated the third set, capitalizing on numerous errors from the American to close out the match 75 57 61.

"I was playing some of my best tennis in the third set today," said Mauresmo.

"The role changed in the last year and it's the continuation of what I'm improving in my game," said the Frenchwoman, who has now won the last two meetings against Williams after having lost the first five.

"It was a story of my errors," said Williams, a four-time Grand Slam champion. "She definitely can't hit me off the court but I'm always putting play forward which is my style of play but I made too many errors. I think next time I'll be ready."

2004 Wimbledon champion and No.3 seed Maria Sharapova continued her impressive indoor season with a 36 61 63 win over Australian No.8 seed Alicia Molik. Molik had been riding an 11-match win streak which included titles at Zurich, where she defeated Sharapova in a three-set final, and at Luxembourg. However, the young Russian has also been playing well, winning two titles herself since the US Open, and now winning 14 of her last 15 matches.

"I tried to serve better and get myself back into the match," she said about regrouping after losing the opening set. "I finally did that and finally did something with my serve."

Sharapova will play Mauresmo on Saturday for a spot in the final.

In the day's most crucial encounter, No.6 seed Vera Zvonareva of Russia dashed American No.4 seed Jennifer Capriati's hopes of playing next week, securing her own spot in Los Angeles by winning the first eight games of the match and routing the three-time Grand Slam champion and former No.1 60 61. For Capriati, it will be the first time since 1999 she will be absent from the elite eight-player field, having reached the semifinals there the last two years.

"I have not been playing for a while," she said. "It was tough to be able to do what I wanted with the ball today."

"I still consider this a great year. I've been pretty consistent this whole year, especially at the Grand Slams. Now I will take some time off and regroup mentally."

Zvonareva and Serena Williams snared the final two places following Mauresmo's defeat of Venus.

"I felt really confident and was able to play my game," she said. "I felt really good out there."

"This win is really important to me, not only because I get into the Championships, but also I beat a Top 10 player."

On Saturday, Zvonareva will take on countrywoman and No.7 seed Nadia Petrova, a 63 46 64 upset winner over another Russian, reigning French Open champion and No.2 seed Anastasia Myskina. It was the fifth match in their five career meetings to go to three sets, although Myskina had won the last three, including in the semifinals here last year.

"When you see two Russians playing each other you know neither wants to lose," said Petrova about the match-up. "I had to be mentally strong against her because she's a very consistent player. You rarely see her make many mistakes."

Epigone
Nov 6th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks, Eggy :)

Maybe Boris made a call to the WTA? :D

Spunky83
Nov 6th, 2004, 12:50 PM
5 russian out of eight players...congrats Vera and I am really looking forward to today´s match, with her game from yesterday she can beat all the players!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Congratulations to Vera on qualifying for the YEC for the 1st time and pozdravliayu on a great year!

Chunchun
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:52 PM
congrats Bepa on her very 1st appearance in the yec :banana: :banana: :banana:

good luck bepa there and finish top 10 plzzz :worship: :aparty:

rrfnpump
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Bepa :hug: Now beat some asses at the YEC! ;)

goldenlox
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:09 PM
:D :D :D :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Udachi Vera!!!

Epigone
Nov 6th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Nadia leads the H2H 1-0

QF FO Petrova d. Zvonareva 6-1 4-6 6-3

Bepa let that match get away from her in the 3rd set. Today, she needs to play consistent tennis like she did against Capriati, and then she will level the H2H at 1-1.

KV
Nov 6th, 2004, 04:23 PM
congrats Bepa on her very 1st appearance in the yec :bounce:

goldenlox
Nov 6th, 2004, 04:32 PM
This was an important tournament for Vera.
She had to fight to get to the quarters.
Now she's playing for big money and points in every match the rest of this year.

goldenlox
Nov 6th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Lets not forget that Vera had a match point against her versus Bammer.
Maybe that win will start her climb to #1.

goldenlox
Nov 6th, 2004, 05:29 PM
GL, why are you posting under a different :p name?:)I am only goldenlox. No other names.

This tournament makes the whole year a success. But I want Vera to do more.
Don't be satisfied.

Frank
Nov 6th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Pfffff, why did it take the WTA so long? :o

Congratulations to Vera! :D

Epigone
Nov 6th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Bepa took the 1st set 6-3 :D

Frank
Nov 6th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Pffff...:o

Thanks so much for reminding me! I totally forgot...:o

Oh well, Eurosport is broadcasting it. :)

Go Vera! :D

Frank
Nov 6th, 2004, 11:11 PM
A break for Vera now, and she kept her own serve, 5-2 for Vera now, Nadia serving. :)

KV
Nov 6th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Vera 5-3 30-15, two more will do.

Frank
Nov 6th, 2004, 11:19 PM
30-30 Now...Almost double faulting...Nadia forcing Vera to make an error, break point for Nadia now. :( First serve in the net...And that must have been the worst second serve I have ever seen...:o

5-4 for Vera now, Nadia to serve.

Frank
Nov 6th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Nadia won her serve game. It's 5-5 now and Vera is starting to get angry at everything. :( Concentrate!

EDIT: 6-5 for Vera now, Nadia to serve.

KV
Nov 6th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Are you watching this on Eurosport? Vera should've won this match, if not then she rather def. herself.