PDA

View Full Version : Why double standards?

ys
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:14 PM
WTA forum exists on Menstennisforums, but nearly any ATP-related subject is being persecuted relentlessly here.

Why is it such a problem?

Andrew.
Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:18 PM
People asked this q before. The WTA forum is there because when WTAworld crashes, people can go there to bitch about it and also talk about women's tennis without filling up the GM forum there. But people only use it when this board is down. Why? Because it is called Mens Tennis Forums. ;)

ys
Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:25 AM
People asked this q before. The WTA forum is there because when WTAworld crashes, people can go there to bitch about it and also talk about women's tennis without filling up the GM forum there. But people only use it when this board is down. Why? Because it is called Mens Tennis Forums. ;)

OK, what if Menstennisforums crash?

alexusjonesfan
Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:28 AM
OK, what if Menstennisforums crash?
They had an ATP forum here for that very reason. It got deleted but I'm not sure why :scratch:

GBFH
Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:28 AM
They had an ATP forum here for that very reason. It got deleted but I'm not sure why :scratch:
because the ATP got mad and threatened to sue.

ys
Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:39 AM
because the ATP got mad and threatened to sue.
Why can't they have one general Menstennisforum here.. Would it hurt?

GBFH
Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:48 AM
Why can't they have one general Menstennisforum here.. Would it hurt?
you wouldn't think so. but maybe the terms of the settlement was complete separation? we'll probably never know...i doubt the men's forum will ever crash. there doesn't seem to be as much traffic there as over here on the women's side.

ys
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:22 AM
you wouldn't think so. but maybe the terms of the settlement was complete separation? we'll probably never know...i doubt the men's forum will ever crash. there doesn't seem to be as much traffic there as over here on the women's side.
It was crashing every 10 minutes when the half of WTAWorld herd moved over there when WTAWorld was down. Have more than 150 concurrent users in there and it will crash right away.

azza
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:53 AM
i want the atp forum to be here to :(

wtn_amanda
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:50 PM
The WTA forum on MTF exists for the purpose of providing you with a place to go should this site be closed for maintenance etc. Due to the sheer size of WTAworld compared to MTF, this site is more prone to technical problems and crashes; if things continue as well as they have recently the WTA forum on MTF will be closed.

I believe fans of mens tennis deserve a separate site with a range of forums for different topics. How would you feel if we lumped the WTA forum at the bottom a huge mens tennis site?

carot
Feb 24th, 2004, 09:32 AM
if you'd know how many report posts we get for every atp related thread... lots of people obviously don't want them here either ;)