PDA

View Full Version : Atp ? Wta ? Discussions. Pls give your views.

New
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:00 AM
I know there have been comparisions and dreamy predictions how well the women would have done if there was combined ATP and WTA tournaments together.

But I was watching a match between Enqvist and Kiefer, it was a semifinals match I think. What surprised me was that it was pretty slow paced and they were just rallying between themselves with occasional sudden burst of speed to finish a point with a winner.

But most of the match I saw in ATP are pretty fast paced and Enqvist did beat Roddick in the Quarters. So I am pretty curious. Is it really true that the women are far behind them? I think a match between Kim Clijsters and Justine is a lot faster paced and the Fed Cup final where Pierce beat Shaugnessy was definately a very fast paced one. Perhaps those critics of the women's tennis standard is wrong.

Any comments? Did anyone watch the Kiefer/Enqvist match too?

SM
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:09 AM
the main difference is the amount of spin men get. women cant handle it. if uve seen much mixed doubles a good example is the male kick serve which is very effective against the women..

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:13 AM
New, you can't tell on tv. The top women would get slayed by any top 100 man.

Women are not as good as men at sports. Case closed. If they were, there wouldn't be two leagues.