PDA

View Full Version : Belgium or America

Lore
Feb 22nd, 2004, 09:56 AM
What's the best tennis country (for women tennis offcourse) of this moment?
:wavey: :bounce: :wavey: :bounce:
I go for Belgium :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Go Kim and Justine :lol: :lol: :angel: :angel:

Cro-boy
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:00 AM
Belgium has the best players but USA has many players in the top 50.

azza
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:01 AM
Australia. :p

Cro-boy
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:02 AM
Australia. :p

Molik and Pratt.

per4ever
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:03 AM
the USA.. Venus, Serena, Lindsay, Chanda.. we have only two players :o

gentenaire
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:05 AM
I vote for Australia too. I think the chances of a real talent being recognised are much higher in Australia because that country has a real sports culture.

Epigone
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:06 AM
Russia

azza
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:10 AM
i was Joking everyone :o

William Hunt
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:30 AM
Russia is currently the best WTA tennis country since they provide the most young talents but in terms of top players it is Belgium off course since they hold the first 2 spots in the world and had the best junior player with Kirsten Flipkens last year (winning US Open & Wimbledon).

bandabou
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:50 AM
I´m not sure about the Belgium having the best players part. Yeah by the rankings, but me still thinks that those famed two sisters still have the upperhand. Too bad they are injured to know for sure.

Stefwhit
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:13 AM
With 40% of the top 10 consisting of US players I have to go with the US. Not only is the US tied with Belgium at having the most players in the top 5, the US also has more players in the top ten than any other country with 4, and they also have more players in the top 100 with 13 compared to any other country. Russia is second with eleven.

Allez-H
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:17 AM
I think for country with barely 10 million people,Belgium is doing quite good so my vote goes to them.

2ace2
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:18 AM
Yeah, but the US is a much bigger country. So I think Belgium is the best, as it's such a small country.

Stefwhit
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:21 AM
I think for country with barely 10 million people,Belgium is doing quite good so my vote goes to them.With that kind of logic look at the Williams family of less than 10 family members!!!!!!!!!! ....but I do get ur point though....

It's funny cuz with all the top players, the number one player (BEL) as well... they all come to the US to train, there's got to be some reason behind that....

Cro-boy
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:22 AM
I think for country with barely 10 million people,Belgium is doing quite good so my vote goes to them.

I agree with you. USA has more than 4 millions registrated players.

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:23 AM
quality or quantity?
=> Belgium!!!!!!!:worship:

Jodie
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:28 AM
I vote for Russia

gentenaire
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:35 PM
It's funny cuz with all the top players, the number one player (BEL) as well... they all come to the US to train, there's got to be some reason behind that....

weather

Experimentee
Feb 22nd, 2004, 02:31 PM
USA is better. The question is only about who is the best tennis country, not the best for its size.

propi
Feb 22nd, 2004, 02:37 PM
Among America I have to choose Argentina :D

bis2806
Feb 22nd, 2004, 02:57 PM
definitely the united states of america, by far :D go USA!!!

Gallofa
Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:47 PM
Spain :D

Right.

lizchris
Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:51 PM
The USA obviously because we have more players in the top 100, more titles winners in the top 100 and more players who have reaced number one.:rolleyes:

LindsayRocks89
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:20 PM
the United States of America

Stefwhit
Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:57 PM
I think if this same question were posed to both the players and coaches on tour they would all agree and chose USA by a loooooong shot- no doubt!

faboozadoo15
Feb 22nd, 2004, 06:02 PM
the u s of a

William Hunt
Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:47 AM
this poll is not exactly representative since most of the board members are American and this greatly influences the poll since they will vote for their own country.

Brαm
Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:49 AM
this poll is not exactly representative since most of the board members are American and this greatly influences the poll since they will vote for their own country.
*cough*

About 30% of this board is Belgian :o If you look at who voted for "Belgium", you will find like 30/40 Belgians :o

I voted for the US, btw. They have a LOT more depth than Belgium IMO!

Greenout
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:01 AM
I'm American; but I voted for Belgium since they do have the 1, 2 in
the WTA, and had 1 in the ITF juniors. Where are the future players
of the USA? I would've voted for Russia second since they have been
churning out players that all have gone into the top 35. The Russian
players are better than the journeymen that have come out of the
USA.

The USA use to be #1; but after LD,Jenn, V&S,Chanda, Monica
what's left? Stevenson? Harkleroad? Meg? Lisa? It's simply
not in the same league as what Belgium has to offer or Russia.
There's a huge age gap of quality players after V&S.

William Hunt
Feb 25th, 2004, 03:14 PM
*cough*

About 30% of this board is Belgian :o If you look at who voted for "Belgium", you will find like 30/40 Belgians :o

I voted for the US, btw. They have a LOT more depth than Belgium IMO!It is ? Well than I will pull back my words but that still means that the poll is completely unfair with so many Belgians voting Belgium.

Btw, I think RUSSIA is by FAR the best WTA tennis country. The USA used to be the best country in the early '90, '80s and before they dominated tennis but this has considerably changed and with the US topplayers getting older and looking likely to retire soon (Capriati, Davenport, Serena, Seles or Raymond won't be around that long anymore) and not much young American talents coming up (compared to players from Russia, Croatia, Czech Rep. or Serbia & Montenegro).

Currently Belgium has the best players with Justine & Kim but in the coming years Russia will be dominating the scene.

Ting
Feb 25th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Slovakia

The Crow
Feb 25th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Doesn't France hold the Fed-cup right now? :scratch: ;)

Cro-boy
Feb 25th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Doesn't France hold the Fed-cup right now? :scratch: ;)

yes, but the best Belgian and USA players didn't play

venusfan
Feb 25th, 2004, 04:20 PM
The best players on the court or in the world rankings?

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 25th, 2004, 04:28 PM
at this moment?? belgium, of course.

when the tour is health, USA.

Midnite Surfer
Feb 25th, 2004, 04:30 PM
It is ? Well than I will pull back my words but that still means that the poll is completely unfair with so many Belgians voting Belgium.

Btw, I think RUSSIA is by FAR the best WTA tennis country. The USA used to be the best country in the early '90, '80s and before they dominated tennis but this has considerably changed and with the US topplayers getting older and looking likely to retire soon (Capriati, Davenport, Serena, Seles or Raymond won't be around that long anymore) and not much young American talents coming up (compared to players from Russia, Croatia, Czech Rep. or Serbia & Montenegro).

Currently Belgium has the best players with Justine & Kim but the in the coming year Russia will be dominating the scene.
:haha: I think someone is engaged in wishful thinking. Do the Belgians hear footsteps. That fateful toll of the bell.......? While the catsuits away the mice will play.....

William Hunt
Feb 25th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Serena looks unlikely to play for many years, at the moment she is really not motivated to make a come-back, she is already injury-free for quite a while and yet she doesn't play. Many journalists in the specialized sportspress are convinced that Serena won't play that long anymore, she could retire as early as this year and focus more on her other interest : fashion.

DA FOREHAND
Feb 25th, 2004, 07:15 PM

I think for a family of just five kids, having two of the best players in the world from one family is quite amazing....my vote USA. :drool:

j_dementieva27
Feb 25th, 2004, 07:42 PM
the top tennis country is argueably russia now,

as of currently, america would be slightly above seeing as it has more players in the top ten, but the wake up factor of a lack of up and ocming americans COMPLETELY overbears all the up an coming russians