PDA

View Full Version : If the YEC were the 5th grand slam, would Kim have won the last two?

VW#1
Feb 22nd, 2004, 06:59 AM
If you say yes then that seems to assume that her problems in the latter stages of grandslams isn't her mental strength, but just that she is facing a better player. If you say no then that leads to it doesn't matter who she is playing in a final, she will freeze. What do you think?

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 22nd, 2004, 07:06 AM
If you say yes then that seems to assume that her problems in the latter stages of grandslams isn't her mental strength, but just that she is facing a better player. If you say no then that leads to it doesn't matter who she is playing in a final, she will freeze. What do you think?
I hate to say it but Kim owns Momo at the moment :mad: , so she probably would have won last year's YEC even if it had had slam status. Momo is an even bigger head case than Kim in these situations, alas.

LindsayRocks89
Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:39 PM
the 2002 final-no she would not have won because Serena would have gave it her all and never give up if it would have been a slam final but in 2003 aganist momo she still would have won it

for-sure
Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:44 PM
the 2002 final-no she would not have won because Serena would have gave it her all and never give up if it would have been a slam final but in 2003 aganist momo she still would have won it

Yes, I am sure Serena did not care if she lost or won :rolleyes:

VW#1
Feb 22nd, 2004, 06:40 PM
Yes, I am sure Serena did not care if she lost or won :rolleyes:

I think his point was Serena put it into perspective. She had won the last three slams and achieved the number one ranking, compared to that YEC is relatively small. No one goes in the history books for winning the YEC. She probably figured I am tired, I've had a good year, why push myself to win something I've already won before and that isn't a slam. Not saying she tanked the match, but it was obvious that Kim won so easily because Serena was tired.