PDA

View Full Version : Venus/Jen Possible SF in Dubai

Jericho
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:53 PM
Will we finally be treated to this long awaited match???

Nope! :p :fiery:

*abby*
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:54 PM
the only reason it wont take place will be if venus gets beaten.....god knows jenny will be there

Jericho
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:56 PM
IMO, right now, Venus is more likely to play since shes actually mentioned playing...Capriati on the other hand we know nothing

*abby*
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:58 PM
she requested the wild card she wants to play

alexusjonesfan
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:20 PM
I don't think the universe will allow it ;)

Knizzle
Feb 21st, 2004, 11:28 PM
the only reason it wont take place will be if venus gets beaten.....god knows jenny will be there

Ai Sugiyama will be tough because of her consistency, especially since this is Jen's first match back.

pav
Feb 21st, 2004, 11:45 PM
Never count Your chickens before they hatch!!

kerbear
Feb 21st, 2004, 11:56 PM

I totally love that saying and I don't know why but it always cracks me up.

I do agree with the prediction of the Venus/Jen semi unless Maleeva trips Venus up. And I think it will be a good match to see, although I wont get to see it. But it will be very close. Both not being quite 100% but very close to it and while Venus leads in H2H it could be time for Jen to take some revenge. I'm not going to predict anything....

Knizzle
Feb 21st, 2004, 11:57 PM
I totally love that saying and I don't know why but it always cracks me up.

I do agree with the prediction of the Venus/Jen semi unless Maleeva trips Venus up. And I think it will be a good match to see, although I wont get to see it. But it will be very close. Both not being quite 100% but very close to it and while Venus leads in H2H it could be time for Jen to take some revenge. I'm not going to predict anything....

Maleeva has never threatened Venus outdoors. Weird, but true.

Jericho
Feb 21st, 2004, 11:58 PM
i dont live on a farm :p :o

kerbear
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:00 AM
Maleeva has never threatened Venus outdoors. Weird, but true.

Didn't know that, but strange things happen in tennis. Who knew that the only time Jen would ever beat Steffi would be in the Olympics. People beat people at random times even when they're really not predicted to.

Although I do predict that Venus will do fine in her QF and face Jen in the semi..

jenny161185
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:41 AM
cool I hope this match finally happens it'll be dream come true :)

bigshow21
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:42 AM
It will happen and Jen will be victorious!! :)

Chance
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:19 AM
lol iLuVenuSerena you know you just jinxed the match lol...
wait and see what happens...

tennnisfannn
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:31 AM
This match up is going to happen sometime and Dubai seems the place to do it. The law of probability dictates so. Amazing how players like Justine/venus in 2002, Jen/Serena, Molik/daniela seemed destined to meet all the time while Justine/Amelie, Venus/Jen are so rare.