PDA

View Full Version : Players who've achieved their best results on their weaker surfaces (and vice versa)

JennyS
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:11 PM
Are there any players on tour who've had their best career results on one of their weakest surfaces or underachieved on their best surface?

Jennifer has won more big titles on clay than on regular (non rebound ace) hardcourts. Even though clay isn't her worst surface, I would count her.

Is there anyone else?

Glenn
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:12 PM
Sylvia Farina Elia reached the quarterfinals of Wimbledon, on grass, which is her worst surface.
She's never gotten past the 4th round at the other slams.

spiceboy
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:13 PM
Well, Conchita's worst surface is by far carpet but her only Grand Slam win actually came in the most unexpected one ;)

Darop.
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't exactly say grass is Silvia's worst surface, she doesnt really have preferences, or so i think...

JennyS
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:14 PM
How about Conchita Martinez winning Wimbledon but not winning the French Open?

Topher950
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:17 PM
Lina K got to the quarters of the french.......its her worst....i guess you could say that last yrs toronto might be her best result...but in slams...it would be this!!

kyk710
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:19 PM
Chanda's best slam result last year was on clay :confused: And she also won Madrid.
You would think that with her game she would have had at least one good run at Wimbledon by now

crazillo
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:32 PM
Maggies´best resulzt is the Us Open, not Wimbledon.