PDA

View Full Version : Week 16: Fed Cup (BEL vs CRO), Bari-$25k, Hvar-$10k

Brαm
Feb 21st, 2004, 03:52 PM
I know it's early to start this thread, but the venue for Fed Cup has been chosen: the Expodroom in Bree.

I wonder who will play for Belgium!
Kim Clijsters, Els Callens and ....?

Will Kirsten have recovered by then? Will Van Aken pick Caroline or Elke for the team? :scratch:

Opnieuw feesten in Bree 21-02-2004

Zaterdagvoormiddag werd in het Antwerpse Sportpaleis de Fed Cup-ontmoeting met KroatiŽ aan de pers voorgesteld.

De organisatie is opnieuw in handen van octagon cis, het sportmarketingbureau van Bob Verbeeck. Walter Goethals, secretaris-generaal van de Vlaamse Tennisvereniging, en Yves Freson, voorzitter van de Koninklijke Belgische Tennisbond, waren erg tevreden over de organisatie van vorig jaar, en willen op de ingeslagen weg verder.

Belgacom blijft net als vorig jaar ploegsponsor, en ook de locatie van de eerste ontmoeting blijft dezelfde. Net als tegen Oostenrijk wordt er in de Expodroom in Bree gespeeld op gemalen steen (gravel). Volgens organisator Bob Verbeeck gebeurde dat in overleg met kapitein Ivo Van Aken en de speelsters.

Sportief gezien hoopt Freson dat BelgiŽ de eerste wedstrijd wint: "Toch mogen we KroatiŽ niet onderschatten. Een overwinning brengt ons naar de kwartfinale ťn de wereldgroep 1." Vanaf volgend jaar wordt het Fed Cup systeem gewijzigd en komt er een wereldgroep van 8 landen.

Kim Clijsters heeft haar deelname bevestigd. Justine Henin-Hardenne liet eerder al weten dat ze dit jaar niet zal deelnemen aan de Fed Cup. Andere speelsters die volgens hun ranking in aanmerking komen zijn: Els Callens, Caroline Maes, Evelyne Van Hyfte, Kirsten Flipkens, Leslie Butkiewicz, Debbrich Feys en Elke Clijsters.
Het 19-jarige talent Karolina Sprem is ťťn van de opvallendste namen bij KroatiŽ.

per4ever
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:48 PM
pls no Elke Clijsters!!!!!!!!

Svennovitch
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:50 PM
Go Elke :bounce:

Wimanna
Feb 21st, 2004, 05:03 PM
pls no Elke Clijsters!!!!!!!!
Oh c'mon Per :rolleyes: Her skills in doubles are good enough for a selection!!!!

Sprem doesn't know if she plays Fed Cup

~|Naomi|~
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:44 AM
Despite what per4ever says Ithink Elke has a great shot at selection and if Kirsten is fit I'd pick

Kim and Els for singles and Kirsten and Elke as the doubles combination.
I think Elke has a lot of potential for doubles and if she soley concentrated on doubles which I don't see her doing though, she could really decrease her ranking down fast. I also think Van Aken should start looking towards developing a doubles comibination for the future a combination who would play every tie together.

per4ever
Feb 22nd, 2004, 08:22 AM
I would say Kim and Kirsten for singles (or Els too).. then probably Kim-Els in doubles.

Honestly, I've seen Elke play several times and she never ever gave a good impression. I really don't know what people see in her?

~|Naomi|~
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:14 PM
I would say Kim and Kirsten for singles (or Els too).. then probably Kim-Els in doubles.

You'd pick Kirsten over Els? I guess it depends on how long Kirsten would be back from injury before the tie, as she may be lacking a bit of match practice and Els has played well in Antwerp and Tokyo.

I don't think Kim will play doubles, or then maybe she would for the home crowd.

~|Naomi|~
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:22 PM
Honestly, I've seen Elke play several times and she never ever gave a good impression. I really don't know what people see in her?

I wouldn't select her as a singles player. I think Kim, Els and Kirsten (if fit) are pretty much certainties and I think they go in that order as to who would be selected for singles. So I think the 4th spot may be open for someone who is good at doubles. Cause let's just say the two singles players have really long three set matches and cause doubles is on the last day they would only have an hour or so to recover and say the doubles is alive, I'd want a fresh player out there rather than someone who has already been on court for hours particularly if the other side had fresh players to. So I think it comes down to Elke and Caroline for the last spot and maybe also Van Hyfte but I don't know a lot about her! and I think Elke is a better doubles player than Caroline.

Cro-boy
Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:06 PM
Croatia hasn't any chance

arn
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:39 PM
I hope Kim and Els for singles (Elsalways plays great during fedcup, Kirsten needs more experience at this level (hopefully she can play the 4th (useless) singles match) and Els will have the matchrythm) and whatever combination in doubles, all belgian girls are really good at it :)

Come-on-kim
Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:25 PM
I hope Kim and Els for singles (Elsalways plays great during fedcup, Kirsten needs more experience at this level (hopefully she can play the 4th (useless) singles match and Els will have the matchrythm) and whatever combination in doubles, all belgian girls are really good at it :)
I think Caroline is less good :o I saw her playing doubles in Brussels 2002 and she sucked really :o

Cro-boy
Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:35 PM
Belgium: Clijsters, Callens, Flipkens, Elke Clijsters(because She is good in doubles).
Croatia: Sprem, Kostanic, Majoli, Talaja

E. Blackadder
Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:37 PM
Clijsters, Callens, Flipkens and Clijsters

tennisbelge
Feb 22nd, 2004, 06:44 PM
I hope Evelyne Van Hyfte will be in the team. She deserves it

caafje
Feb 22nd, 2004, 06:57 PM

Me too. She works hard, and keeps improving her ranking. Go Evelyne!

arn
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:04 AM
Yeah, she impressed me in the quallies of doubles in A'pen :)

azza
Feb 24th, 2004, 06:54 AM
Komaaaaaan Belgie :D

~|Naomi|~
Mar 5th, 2004, 12:59 AM
I was looking at the ITF site for Fed Cup and Els has a really impressive record in Fed Cup. SHe has a 23-8 win/loss in total and is 7-3 in singles and in doubles is 16-5. Also she is back in the top 20 for doubles:worship: congrats to her I think Van Aken should select her for both singles and doubles for this tie.

If it did come down to the doubles (although I think Belgium should win 3 of the 4 singles) who do you think Van Aken would send out for doubles, cause i have noticed that he normally selects the two players that don't play singles to play doubles. But if the tie was on the line do you think he'd change the line up and say maybe go with Kim and Els, even though Kim played very bad doubles in Antwerp although I put that down to playing on the backhand side which she has never done:p . I just think if it came down to the doubles to decide it I'd want Kim and Els out there and I think they'd win it the Croatian team doesn't seem to have any experienced doubles players.

E. Blackadder
Mar 5th, 2004, 05:11 AM
He should pick Kim and Els if it is deciding, altough he will pick Kim and Elke because it's in Bree

~|Naomi|~
Mar 6th, 2004, 09:32 AM
He should pick Kim and Els if it is deciding, altough he will pick Kim and Elke because it's in Bree

I'd hope not, think Kim showed in Antwerp she is not as good on the backhand side of the doubles court as the forehand side she was caught out of position many times and if she played with Elke she'd be on the backhand side whereas she'd be on the forehane court with Els wouldn't she?

Brαm
Mar 6th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Zusjes Clijsters in Fed Cup-selectie 05-03-2004

Kim en Elke Clijsters zijn opgenomen in de selectie van coach Ivo Van Aken voor de Fed Cup-ontmoeting met KroatiŽ op 24 en 25 april in Bree.

Ook Els Callens en Kirsten Flipkens zullen er in de Expodroom bij zijn.
Caroline Maes en Evelyne Van Hyfte zijn de reserves.

~|Naomi|~
Mar 6th, 2004, 09:55 AM
So that says the team will be Kim, Els, Elke and Kirsten:confused: If so that isn't a surprise:) Just please if it is a live doubles I want Kim-Els doubles combination:p

Belgium = Best
Mar 6th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Good luck Belgium!

:D

Belgium = Best
Mar 7th, 2004, 07:37 PM
GOOOOOOOO Belgium!
:worship: :bounce: :D

:wavey:

saki
Mar 7th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Kirsten and Elke are the Fed Cup doubles team of the future for Belgium, IMO, and should play together as much as possible right now to prepare for that. I think it should be Kim & Els in singles, Kirsten and Elke in doubles, and Kirsten to play the fourth singles match if it's a dead rubber.

~|Naomi|~
Mar 8th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Kirsten and Elke are the Fed Cup doubles team of the future for Belgium, IMO, and should play together as much as possible right now to prepare for that. I think it should be Kim & Els in singles, Kirsten and Elke in doubles, and Kirsten to play the fourth singles match if it's a dead rubber.

That's exactly what I think and said earlier in this thread but I still think if it is a live doubles Kim and Els should be the combination as they have the best chance at sealing the tie.

Brαm
Mar 21st, 2004, 09:46 AM
http://www.sport.be/fedcup/fedcupvisualbelcro.jpg

Go Belgian Babes! :D

KV
Mar 21st, 2004, 04:03 PM
Agree with Kim, Els, Kirsten and the one who has most average points recently. That's certainly not E. Clijsters.

Brαm
Mar 21st, 2004, 04:21 PM
Agree with Kim, Els, Kirsten and the one who has most average points recently. That's certainly not E. Clijsters.
Who then? :confused:

Maes: 3-4
Van Hyfte: 3-2
Butkiewicz: 2-1
Feys: 2-4

compare with:
E. Clijsters: 5-4

KV
Mar 21st, 2004, 04:28 PM
Who then? :confused:

Maes: 3-4
Van Hyfte: 3-2
Butkiewicz: 2-1
Feys: 2-4

compare with:
E. Clijsters: 5-4
http://home17.inet.tele.dk/wta/
You can make the calculations yourself. Watch the recent results, average points a tourney the past 12 months. Do what you like, you'll find out Elke Clijsters is not the one with the best average points.

Brαm
Mar 28th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Oh my! :o

If Kims withdraws, this would be our team:

Els Callens
Kirsten Flipkens
Caroline Maes
Elke Clijsters

:help:

Brαm
Apr 5th, 2004, 11:12 AM
http://home17.inet.tele.dk/wta/
You can make the calculations yourself. Watch the recent results, average points a tourney the past 12 months. Do what you like, you'll find out Elke Clijsters is not the one with the best average points.

Caroline Maes:
99 pts / 23 tour
Average: 4,3

Evelyne Van Hyfte:
43,5 pts / 19 tour
Average: 2,3

Kirsten Flipkens:
53,5 pts / 8 tour
Average: 6,9 :)

Leslie Butkiewicz:
30,5 pts / 13 tour
Average: 2,3

Debbrich Feys
33 pts / 27 tour
Average: 1,2 :o :help:

Elke Clijsters
29,5 pts / 21 tour
Average: 1,4 :o :o

Stefanie De Laet
8,5 points / 13 tour
Average: 0,7 But she's only starting to play at ITF level ;)

Jennifer Debodt
3.25 / 23 tour
Average: 0,1 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :bolt:

According to these calculations this should be our team:
Kim Clijsters
Els Callens
Kirsten Flipkens
Caroline Maes
(Leslie Butkiewicz & Evelyne Van Hyfte)

Wimanna
Apr 5th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Bram, je moet die punten delen door 17 als ze er meer dan 17 hebben gespeeld...

~|Naomi|~
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Yeah but Elke wasn't selected for her singles, but her doubles, she is the third highest ranked doubles player for Belgium and the highest ranked is highly unlikely to be fit. If you did those calculations for doubles ranks, Elke's points would be a lot better

Brαm
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Bram, je moet die punten delen door 17 als ze er meer dan 17 hebben gespeeld...
Nee, ik wou gewoon aantonen hoeveel punten ze gemiddeld per tornooi winnen (dus hoe ver ze geraken enz). Ze gewoon door 17 delen zou toch niet correct zijn, aangezien Debbrich er 27 per jaar speelt & Leslie 13...

Wimanna
Apr 5th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Nee, ik wou gewoon aantonen hoeveel punten ze gemiddeld per tornooi winnen (dus hoe ver ze geraken enz). Ze gewoon door 17 delen zou toch niet correct zijn, aangezien Debbrich er 27 per jaar speelt & Leslie 13...
Ja idd, maar Debbrich heeft dan eigenlijk wel meer punten...want die 10 die niet verrekend werden zitten niet in haar totaal...

Brαm
Apr 5th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Ja idd, maar Debbrich heeft dan eigenlijk wel meer punten...want die 10 die niet verrekend werden zitten niet in haar totaal...
Ik heb alle punten verrekend hoor :confused:

Wimanna
Apr 5th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Ik heb alle punten verrekend hoor :confused:
Oki, let maar niet op mij dan :o :o :unsure::bolt:

Svennovitch
Apr 15th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Sprem heeft afgezegd voor de fed cup.

Come-on-kim
Apr 15th, 2004, 12:47 PM
:woohoo: That's good for Belgium (esp if Kim doesn't play) but at the same time that's a pity for the ones who bought the tickets and who wanted to see Sprem

~|Naomi|~
Apr 15th, 2004, 01:59 PM
So without speaking Flemish but going by the excitement I am assuming it says Sprem has decided not to play:p so in that case I'll add a :woohoo:

Cause she had played and Kim hadn't played it could have been :scared: for Belgium so now Majoli and Kostanic to deal with. Come on Els and Kirsten:) for singles and Els and Elke in doubles, you can do it girls:worship:

fleemke≥
Apr 15th, 2004, 02:26 PM
So without speaking Flemish but going by the excitement I am assuming it says Sprem has decided not to play:p so in that case I'll add a :woohoo:

Cause she had played and Kim hadn't played it could have been :scared: for Belgium so now Majoli and Kostanic to deal with. Come on Els and Kirsten:) for singles and Els and Elke in doubles, you can do it girls:worship:
Well I think it's bad Sprem and Talaja withdrew. The prob is that Fed Cup tickets are to expencive for a 'bullshit'match. It would be nice if Kim won't play (I'm talking about tension and stuff) but Kim will blow her opponent 2 times so it's no fun for the audience imo. Last weeks Davis Cup was sooooo much better than the last Fed Cupmatches in Bree and Charleroi.

~|Naomi|~
Apr 15th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Well I wasn't going by the quality of tennis but rather Belgium's chances of winning and you have to admit if Sprem had played and Kim hadn't (which is most likely) Sprem would have most probably won both her matches and made it very tough for Belgium. So I was just basing my judgement of belgium's chances of winning and I think the majority of the crowd would prefer to see a lopsided match with Belgium winning than a tight match with the opposition winning.

fleemke≥
Apr 15th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Well I wasn't going by the quality of tennis but rather Belgium's chances of winning and you have to admit if Sprem had played and Kim hadn't (which is most likely) Sprem would have most probably won both her matches and made it very tough for Belgium. So I was just basing my judgement of belgium's chances of winning and I think the majority of the crowd would prefer to see a lopsided match with Belgium winning than a tight match with the opposition winning.
I want to see Belgium winning but it doesn't have to be 5-0 with very easy matches .. well will see what it brings ;)

Brαm
Apr 17th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Bari $25,000:
Q1:
(4)Lucija Krzelj (CRO) vs Leslie Butkiewicz (BEL)
(7)Alberta Brianti (ITA) vs Evelyn Van Hyfte (BEL)

Bad draw :( :sad:

Fieke
Apr 17th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Bari $25,000:
Q1:
(4)Lucija Krzelj (CRO) vs Leslie Butkiewicz (BEL)
(7)Alberta Brianti (ITA) vs Evelyn Van Hyfte (BEL)

Bad draw :( :sad:

C'mon girls, you can do it! :bounce:

PatatRiek
Apr 17th, 2004, 10:53 AM

ze zou nu toch overkomen

~|Naomi|~
Apr 17th, 2004, 03:23 PM
I want to see Belgium winning but it doesn't have to be 5-0 with very easy matches .. well will see what it brings
kostanic is charleston semis, Belgium isn't going to win 5-0 even without sprem not being.

PatatRiek
Apr 17th, 2004, 03:49 PM
according to the latest news $prem is coming to Belgium after all

Svennovitch
Apr 17th, 2004, 05:15 PM
$prem
I wonder what convinced her ;)

PatatRiek
Apr 17th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Bari $25,000:

QUALIFICAZIONI
Primo turno
(4)Lucija Krzelj (CRO) b. Leslie Butkiewicz (BEL) 61 60 :sad:
(7)Alberta Brianti (ITA) b. Evelyn Van Hyfte (BEL) 62 57 63 :sad:

Wimanna
Apr 17th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Leslie...she better stick to $10.000 :sad:
Evelyne...stupid draws :mad: :sad:

Wimanna
Apr 17th, 2004, 08:24 PM
I think Bailly will play qualifying in Hvar ($10.000)

Geoffry
Apr 17th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Evelyne:sad: if she should just have some easy opponents in the first rounds, she could grow in the tournament

caafje
Apr 18th, 2004, 09:56 AM
This week Aude Vermoezen is playing a Grade 1-tournament. :tape:

Fieke
Apr 18th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Leslie :( disappointing result...
Evelyne :sad: this is too bad, but the fact that she always loses in tough three-setters surely gives me hope for the future...

arn
Apr 18th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Leslie :sad: and Evelyne (stupid draws :fiery: )

Wimanna
Apr 19th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Bari $25.000
R1 Alberta Brianti/Kildine Chevalier (ITA/FRA) vs Leslie Butkiewicz/Eveline Van Hyfte (BEL)

Wimanna
Apr 20th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Juniors: Triangle d'Or (Grade 1)

R1 Vermoezen def. Arnello 6-0 6-2 :eek: ;)
R1 Peterzan def. Claes 6-4 2-6 6-1 :sad:
R2 Vermoezen vs Giraud (14)

arn
Apr 20th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Goed gedaan Aude :bounce: Nu Giraud verslaan :devil:
Shana :sad:

Wimanna
Apr 20th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Hvar, CRO, $10.000
Q1 Bailly - Bressan 7-5 6-4 :)
Q2 Swonadze - Bailly 6-4 2-6 6-0 :sad:

Geoffry
Apr 20th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Caroline :sad:

arn
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:02 PM
(14) Marianne Giraud FRA d. Aude Vermoezen BEL 6-4, 6-3 :sad:

Wimanna
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:10 PM
(14) Marianne Giraud FRA d. Aude Vermoezen BEL 6-4, 6-3 :sad:

Oh well, at least she won a match and won some games against a seed. It's better then the last time :)

PatatRiek
Apr 22nd, 2004, 12:27 PM
Bari $25.000
=========

R1 Alberta Brianti/Kildine Chevalier (ITA/FRA) def Leslie Butkiewicz/Eveline Van Hyfte (BEL) 26 76(4) 62 :sad:

Wimanna
Apr 22nd, 2004, 12:32 PM
Leslie&Evelyne :sad: :(

arn
Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:56 PM
Damn, zo dicht maar net niet :sad:

Brαm
Apr 22nd, 2004, 03:53 PM
Oh no :sad:

Better luck next time girls! :kiss:

Geoffry
Apr 22nd, 2004, 05:14 PM
Leslie/Evelyne :sad:

onkelfip
Apr 22nd, 2004, 07:54 PM
TV-Limburg heeft dagelijks een item in het TVL-Nieuws ivm de FedCup in Bree. De focus ligt (uiteraard) op de zusjes Clijsters, maar ook Kirsten komt even in beeld. Je kan de WMV-video clipjes bekijken op http://kirsten.flipkens.be/

Filip.

Wimanna
Apr 22nd, 2004, 09:30 PM
Hvar, CRO, $10.000
Q1 Bailly/Vergos (1) Bye
Q2 Bailly/Vergos (1) - Bojovic/Petrovic 4-2 4-2 :)

R1 Dvornikova/Etzel - Bailly/Vergos (Q) 6-3 6-1 :sad:

arn
Apr 22nd, 2004, 10:20 PM
Well, she lived up to her seeding ;)

Wimanna
Apr 23rd, 2004, 12:29 PM
Fed Cup
Kim CLIJSTERS (BEL) v Jelena KOSTANIC (CRO)
Kirsten FLIPKENS (BEL) v Karolina SPREM (CRO)
Kim CLIJSTERS (BEL) v Karolina SPREM (CRO)
Kirsten FLIPKENS (BEL) v Jelena KOSTANIC (CRO)
Els CALLENS/Elke CLIJSTERS (BEL) v Jelena KOSTANIC/Iva MAJOLI (CRO)

Goeie keuze :)

arn
Apr 23rd, 2004, 01:05 PM
voorspelling; 3-2 BelgiŽ :)

E. Blackadder
Apr 23rd, 2004, 04:05 PM
alhoewel Els geen enkel mag spelen vind ik dit een zeer goede beslissing.

Kim zou normaal gesproken de 2 punten moeten binnenhalen, en dan zorgt een fitte Els (omdat ze geen enkel moet spelen) voor het 3e punt met Elke Clijsters, een goede dubbelspeelster. Bovendien is ook een verassing van Flipper niet uitgesloten voor een 4e en of 5e punt :D

Brαm
Apr 23rd, 2004, 08:54 PM
voorspelling; 3-2 BelgiŽ :)
Denk ik ook! :)

Wat 'n kans voor Kirsten, ga ervoor meisje :aparty:

arn
Apr 24th, 2004, 03:46 PM
1-1 na de eerste dag (zoals wel verwacht)

Kim vs Kostanic; 61 46 61
Kirsten vs Sprem; 26 06 :sad:

Kim heeft gezegd dat ze desnoods 3 matchen tegen de kroaten speelt :)

DutchieGirl
Apr 25th, 2004, 02:45 AM
I hope Kim can beat K-lina! Plus it'd be great if Flipper beat Kostanic too. ;)

arn
Apr 25th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Easy victory for Kim; 61 63 :D

Brαm
Apr 25th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Great display :drool:

http://www.kirstenflipkens.org/YaBBImages/ole.gif

Geoffry
Apr 25th, 2004, 01:37 PM
great match Kim :bigclap:

hope Els defeats Kostanic so the double isn't decisive, cuz Majoli and Kostanic haven't been beaten yet in the FedCup, but so are Els & Kim ;), but I want to see Els & Elke in action

arn
Apr 25th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Well done Els!!!! Winning against Kostanic on clay :eek: :kiss: :kiss:

Maybe Elke/Kirsten will play the doubles now??

Geoffry
Apr 25th, 2004, 03:36 PM
^ yes, they will

Geoffry
Apr 25th, 2004, 04:23 PM
btw, against who will Belgium play in the second round?

arn
Apr 25th, 2004, 04:25 PM
btw, against who will Belgium play in the second round?
Tegen de winnaar Spanje-Zwitserland

The Crow
Apr 25th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Spanje dus ;)

Fieke
Apr 25th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Bram :wavey: where's the week 17 thread? Just wanted to share the fact that the Cagnes-sur-Mer draw is out and that Kirsten has to play a qualifier...

Come-on-kim
Apr 25th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Does somebody knows where the tie between Belgium and Spain will be played?

Fieke
Apr 25th, 2004, 06:30 PM
No idea, but Spain gets to choose the surface

arn
Apr 25th, 2004, 07:03 PM
So that will be clay, and isn't the meeting right before the hardcourtseason?? So I don't see Kim playing Fed-cup :( (what i understand)

Come-on-kim
Apr 25th, 2004, 08:34 PM
No idea, but Spain gets to choose the surface
If Spain choose the surface then I suppose it'll be played in Spain!! Which is bad as the last Belgium vs Spain was already in Spain (2001)

~|Naomi|~
Apr 25th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Wow well done to Belgium, guess Kim picked it up today:) and Els she is such a star playing for Belgium!!!:worship:

If Spain choose the surface then I suppose it'll be played in Spain!! Which is bad as the last Belgium vs Spain was already in Spain (2001)
Exactly that isn't fair it should be in Belgium:(

arn
Apr 25th, 2004, 11:45 PM
No, I remember one time It was in Belgium but the other could pick the surface, so it's not sure it's in Spain. If the last Belgium-Spain was in Spain, it will be in Belgium now cos it alters everytime

~|Naomi|~
Apr 25th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Oh okay thanks well if it is in Belgium on clay I think there is a bigger chance of Kim playing than if it is in Spain on clay because she loves playing in Belgium and played a clay tournament at knokke heist after Wimbledon in 2001 in Belgium just cause she wanted to play for the homecrowd and then went and won stanford so it shouldn't disrupt her too much for the hardcourts.

But in VanAken's interview on fed cup site he says if they play spain they will go to spain and play on clay:confused: Maybe I misunderstood him.

E. Blackadder
Apr 26th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Oh my. Just hope kim will be able to fit it in her schedule. She said she would do it earlier this year and she is skipping stanford, so that should give us hope :)

~|Naomi|~
Apr 26th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Where did you find out Kim will skip Stanford? It is on her schedule on her site