PDA

View Full Version : ?

Hantuchov
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:48 PM
I have a doubt! Please, if someone knows the explain, post it here ;)

For example, the player A defeated the player B in the qualies 1st round, which was played on Saturday. The player B was #130 in the rankings this week, but in the next rankings, which is released on next Monday, she'll move to Top 120 cuz of the points she got in the tournament b4 playing this qualifyng. My question is: How many quality points the player A will get, 2 or 4? Which rankings does WTA count to comput the quality points won in qualifying, in the current week or the next week?

It's kinda confusing, but I hope someone understands and can explain this to me :p :wavey:

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:54 PM
I have a doubt! Please, if someone knows the explain, post it here ;)

For example, the player A defeated the player B in the qualies 1st round, which was played on Saturday. The player B was #130 in the rankings this week, but in the next rankings, which is released on next Monday, she'll move to Top 120 cuz of the points she got in the tournament b4 playing this qualifyng. My question is: How many quality points the player A will get, 2 or 4? Which rankings does WTA count to comput the quality points won in qualifying, in the current week or the next week?

It's kinda confusing, but I hope someone understands and can explain this to me :p :wavey:

I believe it is set by when the draw comes out, just like main draws are.

Hantuchov
Feb 21st, 2004, 06:01 PM
Thank you :bigwave:

spiceboy
Feb 21st, 2004, 07:01 PM
I believe as the tournament counts as 'next week' the beaten player is worth 4 points :confused:

Hantuchov
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:48 PM
Now I'm confused!
But I also think the player A would get 4 quality points....still a doubt :confused:

vamosferrero
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:56 PM
as far as I remember once Marta Domachowska beat in qualifying someone whose ranking was sth like 260, but next week this girl moved to place like 230 and for sure Marta got 2 bonus points.
so they took next week ranking.

Hantuchov
Feb 21st, 2004, 11:23 PM
as far as I remember once Marta Domachowska beat in qualifying someone whose ranking was sth like 260, but next week this girl moved to place like 230 and for sure Marta got 2 bonus points.
so they took next week ranking.

Thank you :wavey: :bigwave: :worship: ;)