Spirlea -v- Venus US OPen "She thinks she's the fucking Venus Williams!"

Harkleroad -v- Hantucova "Sobbing X2"

SJW
Feb 21st, 2004, 03:59 PM
whenever Capriati gets angry...that's some great drama :lol:

kerbear
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:11 PM
whenever Capriati gets angry...that's some great drama :lol:

I love when Cappy gets angry! She cracks me up! Makes her fun to watch, shows attitude on the court. :bounce:

SJW
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:22 PM
I love when Cappy gets angry! She cracks me up! Makes her fun to watch, shows attitude on the court. :bounce:
i know! when it was said that she was trying to be calmer on court, i was ready to cry :lol: and when our commentators said she plays better when she's not mad, i was like "dude, do you even WATCH Jen play?!" :lol:

G_Slammed
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:22 PM
Yeah.. when Capriati does it, she's a tellin' it like it tis comeback diva.

Vee or Rena do it? Ya'll wanna see 'em given 50 lashes.

G_Slammed
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:29 PM
I pick Spirlea...

I get the feeling Spirlea never really let go in the fit throwing department. I think she was capable of much, much more there.

bandabou
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:32 PM
I think the Venus vs Novotna one was a real classic....it was a fit, but no cursing. Jenīs are good too, but too much F-word going for my taste.

Funny thing is that for all her being emotional on court I can remember any fit Serenaīs thrown during a match. Anyone have one?!

SJW
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:36 PM
I think the Venus vs Novotna one was a real classic....it was a fit, but no cursing. Jenīs are good too, but too much F-word going for my taste.

Funny thing is that for all her being emotional on court I can remember any fit Serenaīs thrown during a match. Anyone have one?!
nope, and that's scary :confused:

we've heard the F-word, a few fiery "CMON!"s, a few half hearted arguments, but that's it...

bandabou
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:41 PM
nope, and that's scary :confused:

we've heard the F-word, a few fiery "CMON!"s, a few half hearted arguments, but that's it...

Not scary....funny, īcause one would expect that if there was a Williams to throw a good fit, that itīd be Serena.

But sheīs broken quite a few rackets, but nothing big really. So actually sheīs pretty controlled on court.

Andrew.
Feb 21st, 2004, 05:23 PM
How about Vera? Some of her fits are just....WOW. I forget where, but she took her racquet and pounded in and pounded it until she drove it through the back wall. Yikes.

bandabou
Feb 21st, 2004, 05:35 PM
How about Vera? Some of her fits are just....WOW. I forget where, but she took her racquet and pounded in and pounded it until she drove it through the back wall. Yikes.

No thatīs just craziness!

faboozadoo15
Feb 21st, 2004, 06:05 PM
best fit-- martina at roland garros against steffi
spirlea is close though

Mrs. Peel
Feb 21st, 2004, 06:09 PM
Someone brought up Hantuchova/Harkleroad....what about that Hantuchova/Asagoe(?) Daniela had a dramatic meltdown there. Didn't she have a huge lead with match points and went on to lose in 3 sets? Dramatic display of emotion!

Vera meltdowns are legendary!

Then who was that Spanish Player...who cursed up a bluestorm in spanish? :eek: :eek: She ended up getting a bad leg injury that match. Why can't I remember her name!!!!!!!

Although I love the ueber-controlled Goddess on the tennis court that she is, I miss the teenage Venus. She was ultra-confident and had the swagger of a young champion...she had such Flash! She still does but it is so much more sophisticated.

vs. Novota was one of her best fits....the beads was her worst! I felt so bad for what she went through! That was her turning point.

It is true, that we haven't seen Serena have many fits! We know she gets very angry at herself. She really hasn't been in the position of losing all that often. I thought at the FO last year, when she had some very challenging matches we did see some behaviour that was shocking! :eek: She has loads of intensity that she just channels differently.

JENN and most of her fits are ridiculous. Her rants go on sometimes WAY to long and when her mouth gets going...WOOOOOOO!!! Look out! She can really fall apart! I DO like it when she incorporates her anger into her playing. She comes up with some of the most awesome shots when that fire is in her eye. She wasn't angry enough last year at the US OPEN against L'enfant Terrible (CD:wavey:) though.

*abby*
Feb 21st, 2004, 07:46 PM
jens fiery temper is part of why i love her so much
shes great at expressing her emotion....i cant wait to experience it first hand this summer ;)

xcrtbckhnd
Feb 21st, 2004, 07:49 PM
I believe the Spanish player was Anabel Medina Garrigues...If not, Anabel is also one with a temper. Maureen Drake is no slouch in this area either.

SJW
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:58 PM
No thatīs just craziness!
yup.....Vera is just a headcase :retard:

LindsayRocks89
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:03 PM
i like jenn's :kiss:

Martian Willow
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:05 PM
I believe the Spanish player was Anabel Medina Garrigues...If not, Anabel is also one with a temper. Maureen Drake is no slouch in this area either.

...it was AMG...she was hitting balls away and everything...then she fell over (Rebound Ace :rolleyes: ) and had to retire, although I think she tried to carry on for about four points even though she could hardly move... :)

Anna F'd Enrique
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:06 PM
OMG Capriati at the Acura Classic against Seles in 2000 or 2001.

Capriati screamed at a baby in the crowd that was crying. She complained all match long screaming "shut up" to the crowd. I think Seles def Capriati 6-3 6-3. Capriati also went on to complain about Monica's grunting. It was fun to watch.

emptyhead
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:12 PM
Gigi Fernandez, now she had a temper, Oooh how I miss her

bandabou
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:17 PM
yup.....Vera is just a headcase :retard:

No kidding...

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:46 PM
I nominate the following

Venus -v- Lindsay A.O. "The beads"

Venus -v- Novotna Wimby "I saw it out they she saw it out...."

Hingis -v- GRAF F.O. "Crossing the net to circle a mark"
"The conference at the chair" and " Sobbing on mommys shoulder"

Capriati -v- Hingis(?) A.O. "Then call the fucking referee!"

Spirlea -v- Venus US OPen "She thinks she's the fucking Venus Williams!"

Harkleroad -v- Hantucova "Sobbing X2"
Stevenson Mom VS Tauziet ---when they got into a catfight outside the players box...momma tour down the results ( alex LOST, naturaly) and cussing at everyone... :lol:

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:47 PM
...it was AMG...she was hitting balls away and everything...then she fell over (Rebound Ace :rolleyes: ) and had to retire, although I think she tried to carry on for about four points even though she could hardly move... :) LOL..Drake is a hillariosu all around player to watch :D

jean_genie
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:47 PM
Although I never saw one, I've heard that Helen Kelesi was famous for her on court histrionics.
AND, Spirlea holds the all time fine record ($20K) for cussing out a referee during a match in Italy. The funny thing was when asked about it later, she said it was worth every penny:lol: .

Rub
Feb 21st, 2004, 11:01 PM
serena vs amelie mauresmo, 2003 FO Quarterfinals

serena's eyes were so mean to mauresmo! and i think amelie really was afraid of that!

LindsayRocks89
Feb 21st, 2004, 11:42 PM
OMG Capriati at the Acura Classic against Seles in 2000 or 2001.

Capriati screamed at a baby in the crowd that was crying. She complained all match long screaming "shut up" to the crowd. I think Seles def Capriati 6-3 6-3. Capriati also went on to complain about Monica's grunting. It was fun to watch.

this is great :lol:

LindsayRocks89
Feb 21st, 2004, 11:44 PM
serena vs amelie mauresmo, 2003 FO Quarterfinals

serena's eyes were so mean to mauresmo! and i think amelie really was afraid of that!

i loved the way serena looked the whole match :lol:

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 21st, 2004, 11:47 PM

I didn't :o

Dava
Feb 21st, 2004, 11:50 PM
Hingis at the french without a doubt, But any time Dani throws her rattle out the pram is worth watching.

Venus Forever
Feb 21st, 2004, 11:53 PM
I would definitely love to see clips of the first four.

No one happens to have any??

tennnisfannn
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:59 AM
Lindsay vs Kim YEC 2001. Lindsay was denied a match point, forced to go into a tie break where she eventually won and injured her knee. She hit he umpires chair with her racket didn't even bother to shake hands. Boy was she spewing.

Knizzle
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:45 AM

Me too, it was hilarious. The way Serena strutted to the chair angrily and snatched the towel off the chair and sat down after the first changeover had me ROTFLMAO. I was like "Serena is pizzed off!!"

Leo_DFP
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:50 AM
Capriati vs. Daniilidou AO '02 ... Man, I've never seen her more pissed! :eek:

But what was that match when she said to "turn off that fucking baby"? :lol:

Hantuchova vs. Vakulenko US '03 "I'm a baby and I'm going to cry and cry and cry I want my mommy because she's being mean to me and won't let me win the match..."

Leo_DFP
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:53 AM
Lindsay vs Kim YEC 2001. Lindsay was denied a match point, forced to go into a tie break where she eventually won and injured her knee. She hit he umpires chair with her racket didn't even bother to shake hands. Boy was she spewing.And after that horrible overrule Lindsay stared daggers at Ann after almost every point, almost saying, "You gonna call that out too, bitch? You wanna mess?" :lol: And I love how she gave that ump chair a good smack with the racquet after the changeoever. :lol: Bitch Lindsay was in town on that day; oh, how I miss her so. She just exuded confidence. :hearts:

Leo_DFP
Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:00 AM
Oh yeah, I remember that Medina garrigues match. She was so fiery against Seles ... and then she was struck down by injury. :sad:

Speaking of Maureen Drake, does anyone else remember her Wimbledon '02 match against Venus? Someone in the crowd spoke during a point or something and she turned around, pointed her racquet at him and gave him a major verbal assault. I was like, "Wow, this girl's got some spunk!" :eek:

Greenout
Feb 22nd, 2004, 07:48 AM
Wow. These ladies are such wonderful and fantastic
role models. Bravo Ladies! This is what real champions are
made of. :)

Volcana
Feb 22nd, 2004, 08:05 AM
Other players have lost their minds once or twice in truly dramatic fashion, but for sheer consistency in blowing up and losing her composure, it's JCap hands down.

Douggie
Feb 22nd, 2004, 09:58 AM
The eventful Maureen Drake :lol:

Chance
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:41 AM
I would definitely love to see clips of the first four.

No one happens to have any??

VF, you can listen to the bead incident on Anton's website

http://www.ltmn.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=37&t=243&

Greenout
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:49 AM
And after that horrible overrule Lindsay stared daggers at Ann after almost every point, almost saying, "You gonna call that out too, bitch? You wanna mess?" :lol: And I love how she gave that ump chair a good smack with the racquet after the changeoever. :lol: Bitch Lindsay was in town on that day; oh, how I miss her so. She just exuded confidence. :hearts:

Speaking of LD and the YEC. Does anybody when she played
Sandrine Testud and went mental to the chair umpire throughout
the match because every ball looked to be called wrong? This was
1999 or 1998. I can't remember if the chair was Lynn Welch of Leeann White. One of those ladies. LD use to always go wonky with Leann White
and Anne Lasar Ulrich. :haha:

Greenout
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:58 AM
My other favorite hissy fit feuds between players and chair umpires
had to be the battle of wills that use to happen in the late 1990's
between Mary Pierce -vs- Jane Harvey and Anne Lasar Ulrich. Every
match that either chaired featured debates between Mary and
"time penalty's" "point deductions" and alot of wrist watch pointing.
:haha: You just knew that they were going to give her "warnings" and
weirdly enough Mary kept on stalling between points. It's was hilarious,
neither player nor chair refused to give in. Alot of the funniest matches
seemed to always involved Conchita Martinez as an opponent.
Mary use to always point out that Conchita is taking her time too. :lol:

flyingmachine
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:02 PM
Someone brought up Hantuchova/Harkleroad....what about that Hantuchova/Asagoe(?) Daniela had a dramatic meltdown there. Didn't she have a huge lead with match points and went on to lose in 3 sets? Dramatic display of emotion!
-I saw that despite I want Asagoe to win I can't belief Hantuchova just meltdown like an ice-cream under the sun :eek: but it was a good match to watch. :D

-She's only a young person it seems we will see her meltdowns for many years.

vs. Novota was one of her best fits....the beads was her worst! I felt so bad for what she went through! That was her turning point.

-Novotna's fits was quite a thing but she's very emotional person and never afaird showning her feelings.

It is true, that we haven't seen Serena have many fits! We know she gets very angry at herself. She really hasn't been in the position of losing all that often. I thought at the FO last year, when she had some very challenging matches we did see some behaviour that was shocking! :eek: She has loads of intensity that she just channels differently.

-True, you don't really see Serena having too many fits but in RG the pressure was up for Serena the crowds didn't help. This is a lot of do with her beat the local fav (Amelie) in the last round. Also she was playing against someone who beaten her before oh yes it was JUSTINE in her fav surface. ;)

JENN and most of her fits are ridiculous. Her rants go on sometimes WAY to long and when her mouth gets going...WOOOOOOO!!! Look out! She can really fall apart! I DO like it when she incorporates her anger into her playing. She comes up with some of the most awesome shots when that fire is in her eye. She wasn't angry enough last year at the US OPEN against L'enfant Terrible (CD:wavey:) though.
-Well Jennifer's fits truely a different league from the rest but I think this is whats keep her going :fiery: and I do like her for that. However, she was very angry and wants to win the US open very badly and almost throw the kictern sunk to Justine. But Jennifer was playing against "The tough case from Belgium". :devil:

DelMonte
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:08 PM

Then who was that Spanish Player...who cursed up a bluestorm in spanish? :eek: :eek: She ended up getting a bad leg injury that match. Why can't I remember her name!!!!!!!

Although I love the ueber-controlled Goddess on the tennis court that she is, I miss the teenage Venus. She was ultra-confident and had the swagger of a young champion...she had such Flash! She still does but it is so much more sophisticated.

mrs.peel,

i watched the match b/w hantuchova and asagoe live at wimby last year. we were all in shock as dani blew one chance after another to close out the match. she didn't have a fit though (was just crying a lot); i wish she'd thrown a fit; maybe it would have given her a some much needed aggressive energy...her tears seemed to indicate her hopeless resignation more than anything else!

DelMonte

ps another thing about the match was that a lot of people were hoping and praying that dani would close out the match because serena and venus were scheduled to play doubles afterwards (people were quite vocal about it). at the end the hantuchova/asagoe match lasted so long that the doubles was postponed to the next day or moved to another court (can't remember which).

flyingmachine
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:22 PM
DelMonte

ps another thing about the match was that a lot of people were hoping and praying that dani would close out the match because serena and venus were scheduled to play doubles afterwards (people were quite vocal about it). at the end the hantuchova/asagoe match lasted so long that the doubles was postponed to the next day or moved to another court (can't remember which).
-The Hanturhova/Asagoe last almost 4 hour I think it was about 3hr and 40mins it was a very long match but very interesting one. Basicly Hanturhova don't see to find a way to beat Asagoe. Asagoe just keep on running and running and never give up so she starts to cry. I think she done something like that during the US open. It's o.k. when you done a few times but is very mentaly unhealthy for Hanturhova she seems to do it everytime she's losing.

bandabou
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:36 PM
-The Hanturhova/Asagoe last almost 4 hour I think it was about 3hr and 40mins it was a very long match but very interesting one. Basicly Hanturhova don't see to find a way to beat Asagoe. Asagoe just keep on running and running and never give up so she starts to cry. I think she done something like that during the US open. It's o.k. when you done a few times but is very mentaly unhealthy for Hanturhova she seems to do it everytime she's losing.

Yep and then it becomes pathetic.

Libertango
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:36 PM
I saw that match, it was so dramatic! Dani came across a being a total wreck and Shinobu won my heart! :hearts: haha. I remember some people wanted it to end, someone even shouted "somebody win!!" or something like that...but I loved every minute.

I remember another one when JCap was playing Basuki at Wimby (maybe 98/99) It was an outisde court near the centre court and they had that parade of champions going on on centre. You could hear the music/noise/applause etc from the courts and it really got to Jen. Yayuk was playing really well and got to 5-2 in first set, but Jen just blew up and shouted "Won't they keep the f*ckin noise down, some of us are trying to play you know!!" We couldn't believe it, but it was great to watch! She continued to moan and it got her fired up, she ending up winning in straight sets! (We felt a bit sorry for Yayuk though, she even looked a little embarressed at Jenns behaviour!! :p )

DelMonte
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:43 PM
to flyingmachine and i love chanda,

that was a good day at wimby, wasn't it?? i love chanda, did you see chanda play that day? i watched a bit of her match and took a couple of pics. i will post them and some of my other tennis pics one day. btw, i think that was also the day that rusedski had a massive fit in his match against roddick, if i remember correctly. didn't see it in person though cos i only had a ground pass.

DelMonte

flyingmachine
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:06 PM

that was a good day at wimby, wasn't it?? i love chanda, did you see chanda play that day? i watched a bit of her match and took a couple of pics. i will post them and some of my other tennis pics one day. btw, i think that was also the day that rusedski had a massive fit in his match against roddick, if i remember correctly. didn't see it in person though cos i only had a ground pass.

DelMonte
-It was a good day I havn't saw Chanda playing on that day I was working for most of time on that day when I come back from work it was han/Asagoe match. I'm also saw the highlights on the Rusedski fits. It seems Rusedski gone nuts over a line call Ruesdski throught it was out but the empire said it was in and the emprie have nothing of it so Rusedski starts to have a very big fits, he was swearing to the emprie, the crowd starts to boo and he ended up blowing the whole match. He was leading on that game just before the fit. If he's stays cool I think he will won the match.
Anyway, everyone in Britain knows about fit by Rusedski it was all over the newspappers at the next day.

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:09 PM
Jidkova throwing her racket which nearly hit me, R1 Aus Open vs Diaz-Oliva court 7 this year :p :scared:

DelMonte
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:10 PM
-It was a good day I havn't saw Chanda playing on that day I was working for most of time on that day when I come back from work it was han/Asagoe match. I'm also saw the highlights on the Rusedski fits. It seems Rusedski gone nuts over a line call Ruesdski throught it was out but the empire said it was in and the emprie have nothing of it so Rusedski starts to have a very big fits, he was swearing to the emprie, the crowd starts to boo and he ended up blowing the whole match. He was leading on that game just before the fit. If he's stays cool I think he will won the match.
Anyway, everyone in Britain knows about fit by Rusedski it was all over the newspappers at the next day.

yep, pretty accurate assessment. after rusedski lost it (ie had his fit), the match was over. i saw the highlights later that day as well. pretty funny stuff!

DelMonte

slice
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:21 PM
serena vs loit oz open 2003: i have this on tape and ive watched it a few times... i think it was in the TB or late in the 3rd set where loit won a tight point and when the crowd was applauding, serena yelled out "you fucken bitch"... she got a code violation as well for it i think... and what a great role model for being a number 1 player :rolleyes:

Libertango
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:37 PM

DelMonte
Yes it was such an exciting day, who did Chanda play that day, was it Frazier?? I was also there when she lost to Farina. I spoke to Benny (her coach) after and he was fuming! That day Asagoe also went on to beat Schiavone, I watched it she was great! :worship:

jenny161185
Feb 22nd, 2004, 02:22 PM
thats what makes Jen great to watch - raw emotions , anyone remeber when Jen was playing Miami one time and someone shouted ''jennifer get mad!'' she thought it was v funny

DA FOREHAND
Feb 22nd, 2004, 08:43 PM
I think i have the Novotna -v- Meltdown and the Bead incident of 98 A.O., 99 French Sob Story, and the Bump

Knizzle
Feb 22nd, 2004, 08:52 PM
thats what makes Jen great to watch - raw emotions , anyone remeber when Jen was playing Miami one time and someone shouted ''jennifer get mad!'' she thought it was v funny

Did she laugh?? I have it on tape and I didn't notice her laughing.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:46 PM
I love when Jennifer Capriati gets fired up its the best. She really gets into it and it shows how much it means to her and how much heart she has for the game. SHe plays her ass of all of the time and it is great to watch her play her guts out and acutally show her emotion!!! Can't wait until I can watch her do it again and that will be very very soon.

bigshow21
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:57 PM
I love it when Jen gets an attitude. It shows her emotion and that she has a true passion for the game. That is part of the reason i love her as a player.

When i played bball in high school, i was always emotional and getting the crowd pumped up. When you hear the crowd on your side and cheering for you, it helps you play and get into it.

PointBlank
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:17 AM
Vera is the next JCap in the fit department

Vera in Memphis was funny :lol: Jen and Vera in doubles would turn the crowd and the opposing team to tears :p

Hots4Safin
Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:06 AM
yeah I remember that match at Miami....against Serena in the Final. Someone told her to get mad, and I didn't see her laugh...just saw her lose in the third set as always.

flyingmachine
Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:17 AM
Vera is the next JCap in the fit department

Vera in Memphis was funny :lol: Jen and Vera in doubles would turn the crowd and the opposing team to tears :p
I saw something like that during AO open. I think Vera will the next fits maker in WTA tour. I think it will be interesting to see Jen and Vera vs Kim and Eike because I heard Eike is a fiery person as well :lol:

flyingmachine
Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:20 AM
yeah I remember that match at Miami....against Serena in the Final. Someone told her to get mad, and I didn't see her laugh...just saw her lose in the third set as always.
Don't tell ay players about it :tape: If they know about this they will use it.
Ooops Justine alreally knows that. :p

CoryAnnAvants#1
Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:11 PM
Maureen Drake vs. Maria Emilia Salerni-2002 US Open qualies

It was in the third set and Maureen hit a ball right on the line that the referee called out. Maureen just lost it and went "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? COME ON, I'M NOT OUT HERE FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES." The ref gave her a code violation and Mo goes "What, I can't say giggles?" :lol:

Tara Snyder vs. Aniko Kapros-2002 qualies

Aniko won the first set and had a grip on things in the 2nd and Tara was getting really pissed off. I was taking pictures with a throwaway camera and didn't even have the flash on. Once Tara dumped into a forehand into the net, she turned to me and shouted "Can you not take pictures during the match?! My god, show some fucking courtesy dude." She wins the next point and looks right back at me and goes "If you hadn't done that, I would've won that game but now it's deuce. Thanks a lot asshole." She lost that game and the match lol.

Mireille Dittman
She was getting killed by Anastasia Rodionova on a back court. Finally, she hits liker her 13th double fault and screams this 30 second monologue at the top of her lungs: "MIREILLE! IF YOU'RE GONNA SPEND $3,000 FLYING YOUR SORRY ASS TO THIS COUNTRY, $700 ON HOTELS, $400 ON FOOD, AND A BUNCH ON OTHER STUFF, CAN YOU PLEASE PUT A FUCKING SERVE IN THE COURT?!?" Anastasia just dropped her racket and started laughing.

Cory Ann Avants
Cory Ann is a sweetheart, but she's a firecracker on the court, smacking her leg with her racket and pumping her fist every 2 seconds. She was getting killed by Eva Birnerova this year at the US Open qualies when she saw Eva's coach giving her signals. She looks up and shouts "Yeah, nice coaching! You've been doing it the whole friggin time!" She goes back to playing and then Eva's coach starts mimicking Cory's antics on court. She looks back up and says, "You know what, if you have something to say, come down on the court and say it to my face." He stopped doing it right after lol.

Vera's meltdown in New Haven was the ultimate hissy fit.

Hantuchova crying against Vakulenko at the US Open last year when Julia started throwing up moonballs in the tiebreak
:o

flyingmachine
Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:22 PM
What do you think Caprati vs Hingis in FO
That's a classic :lol:

*abby*
Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:03 PM
why what happened?bit slow 2day lol

SJW
Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:18 PM
mrs.peel,

i watched the match b/w hantuchova and asagoe live at wimby last year. we were all in shock as dani blew one chance after another to close out the match. she didn't have a fit though (was just crying a lot); i wish she'd thrown a fit; maybe it would have given her a some much needed aggressive energy...her tears seemed to indicate her hopeless resignation more than anything else!

DelMonte

yea i was waiting for the dubs match!!! but that was definately a tight battle

did feel sorry for Dani though...

DelMonte
Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:42 PM
yea i was waiting for the dubs match!!! but that was definately a tight battle

did feel sorry for Dani though...

LOL, there must have been a whole bunch of WTAworld posters watching that match. if only we'd known....

DelMonte

danra
Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:14 PM
Gigi Fernandez would freak out hugely at times - best/worse I saw was at Brighton '94 when losing to Julie Halard (I think), at the change of ends she smashed up floral display, spraying petals and dirt over the neighbouring court - will always remember this as was sooo funny but more importantly held up play on next court, allowing the sourpuss Meike Babel to comeback and beat my fave Patty Fendick. Pff @ Gigi that day.