PDA

View Full Version : Posters to attend tournaments this year?

~SunFlower~
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Hi fans,

Let everyone know which tournament(s) (WTA, ITF Women's and ITF Juniors) do you plan to go this year? Don't forget to list them that you already went. :) And also, you may want to group a few that you are postive or still not sure or interested to go but money and time...

And what things do you plan to bring with? Camcorder, camera, something for autographs, etc?

And which players do you hope to see at the tournaments you plan to attend?

As for me,

* WTA Tier I - Rogers AT&T Cup in August - Montreal (100% positive and attend every day!). Want to see ALL the players!

* ITF Womens' - 2 tournaments in July - 10K and 25K in Vancouver (100% postive but some days). Hope to see Bo Keier and Katarina Zoricic and other Canadian players.

* ITF Junior - Grade 1 - Junior Canadian Open (near Montreal) in August (100% positive and attend every day!). Hope to see Maria Sharapova, Dinara Safina, Tatiana Golovin and other Russians and Canadian players.

I plan to bring my camcorder only to record practice sessions and some matches. Will hand a special gift to my favorite Maria Sharapova if she plans to play at Jr Canadian Open. No autographs nor cameras for me!

Sofiane
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Canadian Open :). Like each year, since I live in Montreal.

Sonja
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Amelia Island - can't wait!

cheeky
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:57 PM
i'm going to montreal as well,since i live here,the 1st,3rd,quarter-finals and maybe the semi's and finals,not sure yet!!!
and i might be going to the US open

Tratree
Feb 18th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Indian Wells, Acura Classic, LA Open (Manhattan Beach) and probably the Mercedes Benz cup at UCLA (ATP).

I'll be taking my camera :)

Mark43
Feb 18th, 2002, 03:25 PM
The Lipton/Ericsson/Nasdaq/whatever Open in Miami.
I bought a night package where I get to see every night match. I might miss the finals since they are day matches, but I also signed up to volunteer at the tourney. If I get a volunteer position that is not in the sun 8 hrs a day (and if I am still unemployed..oops!) I might just be at Crandon Park 18 hrs a day.

I think I am going to bring 70 proof UVA lotion!

I just hope to see all my fav's, including a healthy Mary Pierce.

CB
Feb 18th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Brasil Open - Bahia

I hope Monica comes again, and Martina! :cool:

Irish
Feb 18th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Amelia Island. Am bringing zoom camera for tournaments and camcorder for practices. Not too sure they will let me in the tournaments with the camcorder. :sad: Can't wait!!

Beige
Feb 18th, 2002, 04:26 PM
The US Open, of course. I say it every year but never do: I will try and make it to the Bronx Challenger. (Mahwah's too far when you have no wheels)

selesfan1
Feb 18th, 2002, 04:52 PM
I hope to be able to go to Edmond,10k and hopefully monique Viele will come again. but edmond is like a 30 min drive

AjdeNate!
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:01 PM
2 weeks ago: Open Gaz de France
Only other possibility is New Haven's Pilot Pen in Aug.

ASV
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:18 PM
I'm going to the US Open this year for some of the first week action (more players on smaller courts).

I only go to see Arantxa and Lina and Sandrine and Maggie, though. All the big names are on the big court where you can't see a thing.

I plan to bring a camera (so I can get my picture with Sandrine again and hopefully Arantxa), my giant tennis ball (signed by over 20 women and Taylor Dent), money bc the USTA rips you off, and a marker for autos. That's pretty much all you need. Oh, and sun screen, of course.

babsi
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:22 PM
I was going to go to Paris this year but couldn't as something came up:(

I may go to Eastbourne as it is only about an hour on the train for me but that is all depending on the field.

Wimbledon probably as well.

Depending on money I may go to a European tournie in the Autumn.

But who knows!:)

itsallaboutinis
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Usually Scottsdale...my favorite and I.W. however no longer supporting I.W.

Not cause fans booed Venis...in a way I understand that, but because they booed Serena again not so much for the b/4 but during and after victory...there can be no excuse for this...and the organizers should have started removing those who couldn't control themselves, instead they sat on their collective hands and did nothing.

Meesh
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Sarasota Open, bringing camera and sun screen!
Also there is an ATP event at Disney's Wide World of Sports on green clay that I may try to go to. (not sure when that is).

Tennisace
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Well I've been to Adidas International, and I'm planning to go to Bank of the West, and hopefully 50K Los Gatos and maybe the 25K Hayward event in the fall! :D

Venus+Serena#1fan
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:56 PM
NASDAQ-100 OPEN (miami)

In about a month and a half, its a huge torunament and i really hope i get to see either of the Williams sisters.

Linnie
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Nasdaq-100 (volunteer :))
Amelia Island :D
Eastbourne (and/or Rosmalen)
Wimbledon
Canadian Open
U.S. Open

Whew!

Zamboni
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:01 PM
I went to Antwerp
I'm probably going to Rosmalen
Maybe an ATP Tournament
Maybe maybe maybe one of the smaller tournaments in the Netherlands/Belgium

Bright Red
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:28 PM
I'm going to try to make RG this year.

Mazza
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Hopefully Wimbledon and maybe Eastbourrne as It's the closest tournie to me. Hopefully Queen's on the ATP tournies.

Blazedboy
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Im going to go to the US Open, I go every year, but only for a few days

Snuffkin
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:12 PM
I am rather pleased to announce that I have won tickets for Wimbledon through the ballot. Having said that, I am still planning on camping out and slumming it for another day. So, put me down for two days at Wimbledon.

Kuilli
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:12 PM
Scottsdale, Stanford, Acura Classic and probably Charleston. :D

Lapin
Feb 18th, 2002, 10:31 PM
Eastbourne and Wimbledon, (and maybe Roland Garros if I manage to get any tickets! ;) )

(Snuffkin, when did you hear about the Wimbledon ballot? I haven't heard anything yet :( ;) )

(Adnil, are the Rosmalen tickets on sale yet? Do you know if there is a website address? and could you tell me which is the nearest large town, (that I might know!) to Rosmalen please!?)

Thanks! :)

Snuffkin
Feb 18th, 2002, 10:41 PM
Got my letter from the AELTC a couple of weeks ago. They have asked for payment by the 22nd, so there may still be a chance of getting somewhere in the ballot if some people don't send the payment in time.

SM
Feb 18th, 2002, 10:59 PM
*Adidas International
*Aussie Open

and that's all this year...:sad: :fiery: .....Australia's just too remote

KindaNice
Feb 18th, 2002, 11:42 PM
I got great box seats for Scottsdale (State Farm Classic)...I hope to get the "Traveled the Furthest" to attend award!!

Also going to the US Open again...my annual trek!

Nina_rus
Feb 19th, 2002, 09:49 AM
I'm definetely going to the Kremlin Cup and there is a posibility I'll go to Wimbledon

Monica_Rules
Feb 19th, 2002, 09:55 AM
I really want to go to wimbledon i almost went past 2 years but nobody would go with me they were doing exams!:( Also i'm going a mens challenger in Wrexham north Wales in July.Its a 25k whats quite interesting is whoever does well in this challenger seems to do well in the Ausi open the next year.For example Davydenko got to the semis in 2000 and in 2001 aus he got to the third round after qualifying!The same with Burgmuller also Wayne Arthurs won in 2000 and then beat Kuerten in the US open!!:eek:

matthias
Feb 19th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Hamburg
Leipzig
and maybe Filderstadt and Strasbourg

Doris Loeffel
Feb 19th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Maybe Zurich (WTA) and Basel (ATP)

vancouverite
Feb 19th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Open Gaz de France already...Roland Garros for sure. Maybe Eastbourne and Wimbledon (early rounds, though, as I was too late for the ticket ballot deadline in December):mad:

Glad to hear everyone's supporting the tournaments here!

RayRob
Feb 19th, 2002, 12:00 PM
I'm definately going to the DFS Classic on the Tuesday and Wednesday (as it's the only tournie near to where I live). I've been there the past two years and it's great. Last year I saw Jelena Dokic play and met Elena Likhovtzeva. I will be taking my oversized tennis ball (Not as oversized as those hugh ones from the Grand Slams etc) with me. Actually, I'll be taking a few as last year kids were coming up to me asking where I'd got it from, so this year I'm taking spares to give to kids if they want them.

I may possibley be going Wimby - still unsure, it depends on whether or not I am successful in the LTA members ballot. I think I will know in the next couple of weeks.

BTW, I'm taking my camera - I didn't last year.

-Rachel:wavey:

Tatiana Panova
Feb 19th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Just Eastbourne for me as it was great last year. I will probably go for two days, which is not amazing, but it is enough for me. I honestly prefer to watch tennis on TV!!

Justinator
Feb 19th, 2002, 12:48 PM
I went to Antwerp, and will probably go to watch Belgium in Fed Cup. Maybe i'll go to Rosmalen too.

And I want to go to Roland Garros again this year, but I don't think I'll be able to go. :sad:

Amanda
Feb 19th, 2002, 04:23 PM
US OPEN 2002:cool:

SEE YA THERE! :wavey:

Vanity
Feb 19th, 2002, 05:34 PM
I am planning to attend the Rogers/AT&T Cup in Montreal. I used to attend the tournament in Oklahoma City the last few years, my grandparents live there and always got me tickets but this year it moved. :(
I also might go to the Quebec City tournament!!! ;)

JonBcn
Feb 19th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Hopefully a fortnight at Roland Garros; still working on that. Otherwise Barcelona ATP in April, maybe Madrid in June depending who plays, definitely in October for new ATP Masters Series...

Frau Antje
Feb 19th, 2002, 07:06 PM
I was in Antwerp and will go to Berlin, Rosmalen, Brussels, Leipzig, Filderstadt and German League

I hope to see Miriam and Kimmie there. At least Kimmie is playing German League for Bocholt :bounce:

Tweety
Feb 19th, 2002, 07:15 PM
I'm going to Berlin for sure, maybe Rosmalen too. This one is depending on the commitment of one special player ;)
Then I'll have to see.

Frau Antje
Feb 19th, 2002, 07:17 PM
Tweety :wavey: I come with you :bounce:

Tweety
Feb 19th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Frau Antje :wavey: I hope so :bounce:

Frau Antje
Feb 19th, 2002, 07:19 PM
I'm sure ...

silvercharm
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:00 AM
was at the USTA Rockford challenger where I saw Ashley Harkleroad play and next is the USTA women's event in Minneapolis,MN

Mattographer
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:26 AM
I went to Adidas International in Sydney, that's all :rolleyes:

Maybe Fed Cup and Davis Cup if oh... Australian Davis Cup already lost... oh well... if Australian Fed Cup can do beat Belgian Fed Cup this April ;) then maybe they will play here in Sydney in next round :p

Benny
Feb 20th, 2002, 10:52 AM
I went to the Adias International in Sydney:):)

and the Australian Open in Melbourne.:):):)

CJ1
Feb 20th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Berlin, Eastbourne and Wimbledon to see Rita. :bounce:

CJ1
Feb 20th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Tweety you're not allowed to go to Rosmalen this year ;)

But hey I'm looking forward to seeing you and Frau Antje in Berlin :angel:

great smash
Feb 20th, 2002, 12:27 PM
Open Gaz de France

Tennis Masters Series Roma

Roland Garros

French Community Championships???

Tennis Masters Series Paris (men)

Lapin
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the Wimbledon ballot info Snuffkin, even if it is bad news for me! :( ;)

Linnie
Feb 20th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Don't feel too badly, Lapin....I didn't hear from the AELTC either :( (although it could take longer to get to the States ;))

I'll meet you on the que, the first two days! :)

Snuffkin
Feb 20th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Well I'll be in the queue on the third day...despite having tickets in advance, the Wimbledon queue is one of the most enjoyable things ever and I won't be missing out this year. Anyone considering camping out...DO IT!

See anyone who might be there in the queue on Day 3

Lapin
Feb 20th, 2002, 10:31 PM
Yes, the queue is always good fun, really I was just hoping to avoid getting up at the crack of dawn for one morning at least!! The advantage of the queue, is that you choose which players you want to see once you get in (well, within reason), but anything is possible if you are prepared to queue long enough!!

Anyway, yes I'll be there, wouldn't miss it for anything! :D I've already booked the two weeks off work! :)

potty
Feb 20th, 2002, 10:32 PM
I am going to wimb, I got tickets through the ballot as well and sent of my pymt, they say should get the tickets though in May :),, hopefully I will go another day as well and camp out as that is so much fun :)

Rocketta
Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:28 AM
I'm definitley determined to go to Family Circle Cup, even if it ends up being by myself!!:sad: Oh Well, now only if Serena would decide to play there!

Martian Martin
Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:37 PM
I'm going to Wimbledon this year. I've got tickets for the men's final which I got through the ballot, also get to see women's doubles final too which is a real bonus :). I might have a spare ticket if anyone wants to go... ;)

But will be going down to queue for the first 4 days or so as well, because you can't beat doing that either and just getting to see all the players, can't wait!!! :):):)

Candy946
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:01 AM
Went to Acura Classic last year. Going to Indian Wells in 2 weeks. :)

gogetter
Feb 23rd, 2002, 02:48 AM
Going to IW- Can't wait for that!

Also going to part of the US Open this year. I was in NY last year during the US Open, but couldn't make it out of work for any of the games. This year will be very different!

Kart
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:51 AM
I really ought to go to Wimbledon bearing in mind I live only 20 minutes away but somehow I just see my lazy self watching it on TV :rolleyes:

thefreedesigner
Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:45 AM
You should go Kart.... particularly if you like women's tennis... cause gurantee you they will only show women's matches on TV if they absolutely have to (ie no brit guys, no sampras/agassi/hewiit/.... boy I bet they'd rather show Albert Costa than Henin/Mauresmo/Coetzer/Davenport).

I shall be going first 5 or so days....Queens too (but I'm not paying ;)), Eastbourne looks unlikely cause of other commitments.

Jeff
Feb 23rd, 2002, 08:25 AM
Candy946, you're going to the Indian Wells AND the Acura Classic? Lolz, what a coincidence, cuz so am I :p

Hehe, yeah only two weeks away. Can't wait until we get to go. :bounce: :bounce:

Jorn
Feb 23rd, 2002, 11:34 AM
I have been in Leipzig 3 times and Hamburg 2 times.

This year I will goto Hamburg and/or Berlin and Aarhus in Denmark. (I am still not sure if I goto Hamburg or Berlin or both)

Brαm
Feb 23rd, 2002, 11:41 AM
I went to Antwerp (WTA) & I might go to some ITF Women's Events in West-Flanders during Summer :)

bluepastures
Feb 23rd, 2002, 04:23 PM
My main tournament this year should be the French Open, assuming I'm successful in getting tickets. My ticket order form arrived this morning.
Apart from that I'll be going to Eastbourne (how much of it depends on my success in getting tickets for the French open, which might use up all my holidays!).
I'll also go to most of the UK 10k and 25k tournaments (usually just the weekend matches), such as West Hampstead, Frinton, Bournemouth, Felixstowe and Cardiff.
Oh, and I'm in the LTA advantage ballot for Wimbledon tickets too.

Oizo
Feb 23rd, 2002, 10:44 PM
I will try to go to Roland Garros. :bounce: :wavey: But I will be at the Sanex championships for sure. And maybe in Filderstadt. :bounce: :wavey:

~SunFlower~
Feb 27th, 2002, 11:27 PM
Thanks guys for posting of your plans to attend tournaments this year! It's great to ready every posts. A big applause to you all for supporting tennis! :wavey: :bounce: :bounce:

If anyone hasn't posted here yet, you are welcome to do so! Don't be shy! :D

SM
Feb 28th, 2002, 01:08 AM
updated!!

*Adidas
*Aus Open
*Wollongong 10k men's ITF event
*Wollongong PWC Consulting: Junior Grade 5

only 2 of the 4 were wta events tho

spotsyboy
Feb 28th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Amelia Island (April)
Midlothian $25k (May)
Harrisonburg $10k (July/August)

same three as last year :)

-Sonic-
Feb 28th, 2002, 04:19 PM
My tickets for half the week of eastbourne are official :)

I would love to go to wimbledon, but i will not be queueing unless a bunch of my Uni people also wanna go, cos the other alternative is my nan who will not want to do that at all.

in eastbourne i will be wearing a hat 24/7 :) 100 points for anyone who finds me.

the cat
Feb 28th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Sharky, what do you mean no autographs? You're going to hand Maria a present and not get her autograph? And be careful about the present you give her. Security might not allow it. I doubt fans are allowed to give presents to players on the practice courts. But have fun, hun!

bluepastures
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Which "half" of the Eastbourne week Sonic? I'm definitely going for the qualifying days on Saturday & Sunday. If I get all the tickets I want for Roland Garros, I'll just try to book for the final at Eastbourne too, if they're not sold out.
I just hope the weather is as great as it was last year!