PDA

View Full Version : Venus didn't withdraw from Antwerp with injury concerns

turt
Feb 20th, 2004, 11:29 PM
I don't know if it has been posted, but actually Venus wasn't injured anymore this week: She had to withdraw because she had flu, so she should be healed soon!

Let's hope both Venus and Justine are not ill anymore this week :)

Knizzle
Feb 20th, 2004, 11:31 PM
I don't know if it has been posted, but actually Venus wasn't injured anymore this week: She had to withdraw because she had flu, so she should be healed soon!

Really?? Is there an article or something on this??

turt
Feb 20th, 2004, 11:34 PM
It's from an interview of Bob Verbeeck, the guy from Antwerp tournament. It's in French, and for a regional newspaper, but he said (translation):

"Venus called me this week. Actually she didn't suffer from her Tokyo injury, but she had flu. She had fever."

http://www.esports.be/Main/MainArticle.asp?art_code=176219

Knizzle
Feb 20th, 2004, 11:42 PM
It's from an interview of Bob Verbeeck, the guy from Antwerp tournament. It's in French, and for a regional newspaper, but he said (translation):

"Venus called me this week. Actually she didn't suffer from her Tokyo injury, but she had flu. She had fever."

http://www.esports.be/Main/MainArticle.asp?art_code=176219

Thanks. I wonder if this means that the injury isn't preventing her from playing anymore.

lizchris
Feb 20th, 2004, 11:47 PM

I head this, but didn't post it because it was an unconfirmed rumor and I couldn't find any documentation to back it up. Glad to hear she is better and she is definitely playing Dubai.

tennnisfannn
Feb 21st, 2004, 01:06 AM
Are you sure no one is confusing Venus injury and Justine's flu. Some reportes do get their facts mixed up. For the AO Pierce withdrew saying she was not fit to play yet and Jen was still injured, some reporters then said Jen was the one who wasn't in shape.

turt
Feb 21st, 2004, 07:59 AM
Are you sure no one is confusing Venus injury and Justine's flu. Some reportes do get their facts mixed up. For the AO Pierce withdrew saying she was not fit to play yet and Jen was still injured, some reporters then said Jen was the one who wasn't in shape.
Justine didn't have flu, she had laryngitis or something like that. Plus, the article was published before the withdrawal of Justine

So, there's no confusion. The guy said "Venus called me, she had flu", I think it's quite clear lol

tennnisfannn
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:53 AM
Justine didn't have flu, she had laryngitis or something like that. Plus, the article was published before the withdrawal of Justine

So, there's no confusion. The guy said "Venus called me, she had flu", I think it's quite clear lolBut then again when a player withdraws and when a director choses to release that information are two different things. If it was flu that was holding Venus back wouldn't she have requested a thursday start. venus withdrew on Saturday and that would have given her at least 5 days to get well. I don't see her giving up the possiblity of winning the diamond racket over just a flu.
The article got it mixed up or that Verbeeck guy got the injuires/illness mixed up.

katrientje
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:06 AM
There was no mix-up.
Bob said Venus called him and said that she had the flu and high fever and that her doctor prohibited her to fly off to antwerp. He also said she was very friendly and sincere.