PDA

View Full Version : Did Venus Fans Get Her New Newsletter Yet?

lizchris
Feb 20th, 2004, 05:53 PM
I didn't, but it is posted on her website. She was spending time in London, having a good time with friends and hanging out with celebrities. She says her leg is a lot better and fully expects to play in Dubai, which starts next week.

Paneru
Feb 20th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Didn't get mines yet either.

Here we go:
Venus Checks in From London
2/20/04 2:54 PM

Hello all. I am writing to you from London. I am in good spirits despite having to withdraw from this week’s tournament in Antwerp. I am also quite happy to tell you that the condition of my leg has gotten a lot better since my last match in Japan. I am confident that my injury has improved to the point that I fully expect to be taking to the court in Dubai next week.

I have spent much of the last two weeks in London. Normally when I am in England I spend most of my time in Wimbledon. It has been a real treat to get around the city and get a feel for what London is all about.

I am happy to say that I have also made a return to the practice court in the last week! Things are going well and I expect to pick up where I left off after my last victory in Japan.

But the majority of my time in the UK was not spent on the court. I decided to take advantage of my circumstances and have some fun and hang out with a couple friends that were in town for the various award shows and fashion shows. I went to the Elle Style Awards, to the Brits, which is a music award show, and to some fashion shows because it was Fashion Week in London -- lucky for me!
At the Elle Style Award I wore a beautiful 20’s style dress with pleats by Tata Naka. I felt like a princess in that dress! To the Brits I wore a Sonia Rykiel Dress that I shortened by clipping the skirt with two crystal lips shaped brooches also by Sonja. It was hot! Nicole Farhi outfitted me with some beautiful designs that I wore all around town. I also received some jeans from FCUK. I had been dying to have some snug jeans and they fit just as I need them too!

I went to the N.E.R.D concert which was a blast! I also finally met Missy Elliot for the first time. We are always at the same events but somehow manage to just miss each other. She is a very sweet person.

Another highlight of the week -- I met John and Simon from the group Duran Duran at a charity dinner. I just love Duran Duran. I grew up on their music like so many other people and I just had to let them know! We had a bit of a talk about my guitar playing issues and what I could do to get over it all. I hope that we can continue this conversation someday…

Of course I cannot give you all the dirt on everything that happened and what friends I ran into at all of the events because that would just be gossiping! I can tell you that I had a whole lot of fun but at this point I am just ready to get back onto the court. I can’t wait to get to Dubai!!

I want to give a special hello to all of my fans in UK. I met so many nice people while I was here and I just really felt a lot of support, just a real connection with you all. Stay sweet!
Venus

Great news!
Rock on Vee!!! :rocker:

BTW, now all those who hated
her dress can blame Tata Naka! ;)

victory1
Feb 20th, 2004, 07:08 PM
I hope she's healthy and can play Dubai!!

harloo
Feb 20th, 2004, 07:11 PM
I guess this dispels those false allegations that those were Serena's designs.

I am glad Venus is living it up, but hope she gets back to playing again.

She's just meeting Missy?

"Sluggy"
Feb 20th, 2004, 07:24 PM
:wavey: :bounce: :bounce: Thanks for the newsletter!!!! that was great! I hope to see Venus at Roland Garros this year!!!!

Didn't get mines yet either.

Here we go:
Venus Checks in From London
2/20/04 2:54 PM

I want to give a special hello to all of my fans in UK. I met so many nice people while I was here and I just really felt a lot of support, just a real connection with you all. Stay sweet!
Venus

Great news!
Rock on Vee!!! :rocker:

BTW, now all those who hated
her dress can blame Tata Naka! ;)

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 20th, 2004, 07:45 PM
I went to the Elle Style Awards, to the Brits, which is a music award show...

Really?!! :speakles:

:eek: