PDA

View Full Version : Who hits harder: Mirjana Lucic or Julia Vakulenko?

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:07 PM
This has nothing to do with talent, or who would win a match between these two players. Just who hits harder groundstrokes?

vogus
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:11 PM
(anybody who has actually seen Mirjana Lucic hit a tennis ball in the last four years gets a ten dollar cash prize)

alextreiber04
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Cicul.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:12 PM
(anybody who has actually seen Mirjana Lucic hit a tennis ball in the last four years gets a ten dollar cash prize)
see recent US Open loss to venus. moron.

- L i n a -
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:13 PM
I have that match on tape.

It's kind of funny because Venus played pretty bad, and still double bageled Mirjana.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:14 PM

It's kind of funny because Venus played pretty bad, and still double bageled Mirjana.
sadly, ur right...lol

DA FOREHAND
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Who?..&...Who???

Martian Willow
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:16 PM

...French Open 2001 third round vs Capriati...payment details in link in my signature...thanks... :)

- L i n a -
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Oh, and Mirjana hits much much harder than Julia.

As of USO 2002, Mirjana was the hardest hitter on tour.

She's probably worse now, with her never playing challengers and all.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Who?..&...Who???
lucic is a wimbledon 1999 semifinalist, played RG quallies 2003, lost to venus at 1R us open 2002...and vakulenko is ranked in the top 100 i beleive...

- L i n a -
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Mirjana won 97 & 98 Bol, and is one of 6 players off the top of my head that won a title in her 1st WTA event. :)

She sucks now.

Gowza
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:27 PM

hey do you know where i can get a copy of that match? i havent seen lucic play for ages but from hearing she hits as hard or harder than the williams sisters i can say she definately hits harder than julia. julia hits hard, very hard, but the williams sisters do hit harder, actually i would say sharapova hits harder than julia also. i think julia hits about as hard as davenport and lucic hits harder than that. and while we are on this topic i heard that jewell peterson (2 handed stroke player i believe) whacks the ball even harder than lucic.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:28 PM
hey do you know where i can get a copy of that match? i havent seen lucic play for ages but from hearing she hits as hard or harder than the williams sisters i can say she definately hits harder than julia. julia hits hard, very hard, but the williams sisters do hit harder, actually i would say sharapova hits harder than julia also. i think julia hits about as hard as davenport and lucic hits harder than that. and while we are on this topic i heard that jewell peterson (2 handed stroke player i believe) whacks the ball even harder than lucic.
i heard of peterson as well..id love to see her play to make a comparison...

jrm
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Mirjana was the hardest hitter i ever saw ...

jean_genie
Feb 19th, 2004, 09:02 PM
I was at the USOpen first round and it wasn't so much Venus played badly that I think once she figured out (which wasn't hard to do AND VERY EARLY) that Mirjana was just going for her shots without any rhyme or reason, Venus decided to let the self-destruction happen. Haven't had the chance to see Vakulenko play in person but she looked like she was whacking the ball pretty good at the French last year.
But the hardest hitters I've ever seen up close are (in no particular order) Venus, Mary Pierce, Mirjana, Davenport and Seles.

for-sure
Feb 19th, 2004, 09:07 PM
I think MaryJoe remarked during the match that 'Lucic is hitting so hard, that even Venus is not used to the speed of the balls.'

j_dementieva27
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:00 PM
lucic HANDS DOWN

i was at vakulenko's match against daniele hantuchova at the US open this year, and she hit the ball hard but no harder than most of the power hitters on the tour

i dont see what the big deal with julia's power is, we have seen MUCH bigger and MUCH better ... plus vakulenko is too streaky to ever do major damage on the tour

j_dementieva27
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:02 PM
and i DEF dont think that julia vakulenko hits as hard or as effectively as lindsay davenport AT ALL

ive seen this girl live and shes pretty overrated on this board IMO

SJW
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:03 PM
everytime i've seen Vakulenko play she's SUCKED

jrm
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Vakulenko hard hitter? Her serves are awfully slow or it is just the surface. Maybe if i saw her in Filderstadt who imo has the fastest surface in the world!

Mattographer
Feb 20th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Vakulenko hard hitter? Her serves are awfully slow or it is just the surface. Maybe if i saw her in Filderstadt who imo has the fastest surface in the world!
Yeah? Filderstadt beat all grass events? :rolleyes:

bandabou
Feb 20th, 2004, 05:10 AM
The answer is easy: Who´s ranked lower?!