PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see Lehotseva vs. Sharapova at rogers att cup?

for-sure
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:50 PM
How was Maria playing?

GoDominique
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Such a match has never taken place.

Havok
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:53 PM
yes, and she was horrible. spraying balls left and right. oh and another thing, stop creating threads;)

for-sure
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Such a match has never taken place.
I am sorry for the mis-spelling of Elena's name lol
but it happened this year in the first round of the Rogers ATT cup. Maria lost 6-7 0-6

for-sure
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:54 PM
yes, and she was horrible. spraying balls left and right. oh and another thing, stop creating threads;)
why, this is a message board.

Lady
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:59 PM
I saw it :angel:

Masha played good in the 1st set, but when she lost it, it looked like she lost all interest... No fist pumpin' :(

GoDominique
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:59 PM
I am sorry for the mis-spelling of Elena's name lol
but it happened this year in the first round of the Rogers ATT cup. Maria lost 6-7 0-6
Then correct it please. :)

the cat
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Sharky watched that match on Canadian television and taped it.

Lady
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:19 PM
I watched it on Eurosport
maria lost the 2nd set 1-6 BTW ;)

Yonge
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:44 PM
I saw the match at Centre Court. It was a windy night and I think Maria was having problems with that (and with the lights). During the first set, both players were really on their games, but then Likhovtseva(?) called the trainer (umpire said it was due to blisters), and when the match resumed, Maria just couldn't control her unforced errors.

BTW, does Maria still do the "slap-on-the-hip"/ fist pump routine before her opponent serves? Because during that same match with Elena, I could hear her slap her hip from the very top of the stadium! I thought it must have hurt.