PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Barbara Schet(t)?

for-sure
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:48 PM
She has really fallen off...anyone know why...
she was at one point a great player...

vogus
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:54 PM
sorry, but did you just notice right NOW that she has fallen off? We're now in about the fourth year of Babsi's decline. This is not news to anybody. Why rub it in?

JasonUK
Feb 19th, 2004, 09:00 PM
She's still in the top 80 - it's not as if her career fell off a cliff or anything :rolleyes:

RAA
Feb 19th, 2004, 09:37 PM
isn't this supposed to be her last year? or am I just making that up...

jrm
Feb 19th, 2004, 09:38 PM

The way she was playing in recent time would be the best thing

Whatzup
Feb 19th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Babsi is still a good player.. but sometimes I think she forgot that her ranking has fallen to #78 or something.. because she has still a top 20/30 schedule. She has to play lower Tier tournaments to put her ranking up. :D

*JR*
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Like a number of fading (or married) players, Babs will probably "call it a career" after this year (and representing her country in Athens).

arn
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:44 PM
I don't know where I heard it from but this is what I heard;

Since some years now she is training less and enjoying life. Playing tennis because she loves it and at the same time travelling/seeing things and taking the benefits of being a top-player.

That's what I heard, I don't know if it's true...

jrm
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Wasn't her goal last year to reach top 10? Try top 100 nowadays!

switz
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:55 PM
she just can't finish matches. it has always been her problem, even when she was top 10. she lost close matches on the gold coast, hobart to vento-kabichi and the australian open to santelago where she won the second 6-0 and lost the third after having a break. santelago made the 4th round and pushed henin to a secnd set breaker. babsi also won the doubles with patty in paris without dropping set. her game is still there in my opinion, she just needs to have a good run at a tournament.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 20th, 2004, 02:12 AM

I think you are making that up. It's a rumor at best.

DelMonte.

bello
Feb 20th, 2004, 02:16 AM
yeah id like to see her back up to top 30 and be able to get some good results before ashe does call it quits. hopefully with a better ranking also.

Her competition will only get stronger so she needs to be determined to work her way back up.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 20th, 2004, 02:35 AM
[QUOTE=arn]I don't know where I heard it from but this is what I heard;

Since some years now she is training less and enjoying life. Playing tennis because she loves it and at the same time travelling/seeing things and taking the benefits of being a top-player.

Yeah..and thats how it should be :)

vogus
Feb 20th, 2004, 05:28 AM
hello, just because you are "enjoying life" doesn't mean your tennis career has to go into a terminal downward slide. It's not mutually exclusive. Some players are playing well AND enjoying life. Others are playing badly and not enjoying life at all. I've never had the impression that Schett has got much on her agenda other than hitting tennis balls, boyfriends, her part-time modeling gigs, and going shopping. It's a pretty simple existence really. With her talent she should be playing better.