PDA

View Full Version : Justine's Participation In Dubai Not Certain

lizchris
Feb 19th, 2004, 04:39 PM
She said so in an article regarding her withdrawl from Antwerp.

Allez-H
Feb 19th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Well,she'll fly to Dubai on Saturday and she will take her decision there.

dinu
Feb 19th, 2004, 04:42 PM
I think that Justine will not play in Dubai because her health is the most important!

lizchris
Feb 19th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Well,she'll fly to Dubai on Saturday and she will take her decision there.
That makes sense since she will most likely not play until Thursday.

BTW, I agree with dinu; she has bronchitus and that isn't something you get over right away.

arn
Feb 19th, 2004, 04:49 PM
I think that Justine will not play in Dubai because her health is the most important!
I think so aswell... but if she does not play here, she will lose her #1 rank to Kim, maybe that will also play part in her decision???

great smash
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:05 PM
I think so aswell... but if she does not play here, she will lose her #1 rank to Kim, maybe that will also play part in her decision???
Not possible. In the projected rankings Dubai points have already been removed, and she's still leading Kim by nearly 400 points

Allez-H
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:13 PM
I'm wondering:is there any chance Justine could lose her number one ranking to Kim in these two weeks?

alexusjonesfan
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:18 PM
I'm wondering:is there any chance Justine could lose her number one ranking to Kim in these two weeks?
I don't think Kim is playing next week (or is she? :confused: ) Like Great Smash said, because of the stagger this year, Dubai points have already been taken off and Justine is still ahead.

Allez-H
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:29 PM
I don't think Kim is playing next week (or is she? :confused: ) Like Great Smash said, because of the stagger this year, Dubai points have already been taken off and Justine is still ahead.
Thanks for the info :yeah:

Allez-H
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:40 PM
No way she will play Dubai if she has a bronchitus.
She allready has it since the beginning of last week and the doctors said that she should be ready train properly in 3/4 days from now.So it's not impossible.

dinu
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the info :yeah: Kim will play in Indian Wells

for-sure
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Justine needs to rest, I think. The No.1 ranking is not the most important thing in the world, her health is.

Knizzle
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:06 PM
I doubt she will play Dubai. Venus and Jennifer Capriati will be there. That will be tough if Juju isn't 100%.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Justine must be getting scared because Jen is coming back and she is nervous!!! :lol: :worship: :D ;) She isn't going to play because she doesn't want to look like a fool when she plays Jen!!!! :o :o :lol: :worship:

J/K I do hope she feels better I don't want her to be sick or hurt no one deserves that!!!! :)

dinu
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Even a 70% fit Justine beats Venus or Jennifer at this point.

Venus and Jennifer isn't 100%fit too.

Pureracket
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Just like Venus and Serena rarely play with major injuries, it seems that Kim and JHH play with major injuries. I fully suspect that she will play in Dubai.

supah-fly
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:38 PM
hopefully she'll rest, and play just Indian Wells and Nasdaq-100 in Miami.

I really want to see her at Miami....I wish she would ask for a wildcard into the event.

arn
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Not possible. In the projected rankings Dubai points have already been removed, and she's still leading Kim by nearly 400 points
Oh, did not know that!

Knizzle
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Even a 70% fit Justine beats Venus or Jennifer at this point.

Yeah right. Can I have some of what you are smoking?

SJW
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:57 PM
last time she had this, she lost in the FO right?

i don't think she should step near a tennis court...breathing problems are serious shit. at professional level too?

i can't say she should risk it :shrug:

jenny161185
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:56 PM
i agree with SJW leave this tourney out - let Venus and Jennifer square off in their comeback tourney in an EXTREMELY LONG AWAITED MATCH UP :)

tennnisfannn
Feb 20th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Justine needs not just to heal but to let her body recover, after 3 slams there really is no need for her to get up for a tier 2 event if she isn't 100% I doubt we will see her, get well Justine.

MH-forever
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:24 AM
everytime Justine plays Venus she was ranked lower, and lost since she hits top 10, it's understable why she tries to avoid Venus. Too bad her win down under gives her too much room to breath with her ranking, otherwise she would play more which is what i would like to see.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:33 AM
heh, it's not like Venus is actually going to play either.

lizchris
Feb 20th, 2004, 04:07 AM
heh, it's not like Venus is actually going to play either.
If that were the case, then she would have come back to the US instead of going to Dubai.:rolleyes:

JustineTime
Feb 20th, 2004, 04:11 AM
"Itís not that serious, I donít have an injury. According to the doctors, I will be fully recovered in three or four days.

Justine still has one week to recover, before defending her title in the United Arabic Emirates"

She'll play. ;)

Greenout
Feb 20th, 2004, 04:21 AM
I'm of two minds here. If she's not up to health yet, I say play and win
INDIAN WELLS instead. On the other hand...the warm climate will do
the Justinatrix good, and she can get some much needed time to
regroup away from the European and Western media.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 20th, 2004, 05:24 AM
If that were the case, then she would have come back to the US instead of going to Dubai.:rolleyes:

She's going to withdraw.

DelMonte.

MH-forever
Feb 20th, 2004, 08:16 PM
I'm of two minds here. If she's not up to health yet, I say play and win
INDIAN WELLS instead. On the other hand...the warm climate will do
the Justinatrix good, and she can get some much needed time to
regroup away from the European and Western media.
if she skips Indian Wells, then too bad, it's fine if she wants to come back on clay, i wouldnt mind seeing Kim doing a 20 matches winning streak this early in the year

Greenout
Feb 21st, 2004, 12:10 AM
if she skips Indian Wells, then too bad, it's fine if she wants to come back on clay, i wouldnt mind seeing Kim doing a 20 matches winning streak this early in the year

Stop your pointed bitching!!!!!!!!

I rarely make deliberate mean spirited comments about KIM, and
you come in here to give me this kind of crap! Take it somewhere
else..you know like where the sun doesn't shine. I don't even know
you.

All the Justinators have been really cool, and taking all the shit
very nicely. Even making out own warped jokes. It's getting
really tired here the constant attacks.

If you want cheap wine...SOUR GRAPES drink it elsewhere.

Who gives a ...... how much of a winning streak is alive in small
teeny tiny little bitty tournaments.

Drop it! Bug off!