Tammy vs Masha
What's ur prediction guys?

Harju.
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Expected result by Angie :rolleyes: :o

the scoreline was :eek: though hopefully nothing's wrong with her.. :o

Harju.
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:17 AM
To be sure, for Indonesia's Widjaja, who stands tall at five feet and eight inches, this was a match she badly wanted to win. Her form had hit the trough in the last six months and it was imperative the athletic Widjaja come good.

Sure enough, on a saturnine afternoon, Widjaja showed she had strokes with which she could win points from any position in the court. The 19-year-old Widjaja played with purpose and had no problems hanging in when the going got tough.

To be sure, Camerin was flustered by her opponent's ability to hit precision shots in long rallies. And when it became more competitive in the second set, Widjaja was confidence personified where serves were broken at will. The best from Widjaja, a resident of Bandung, came in the eighth game of the second set when she faced five break points. She saved all of them and then broke the error-prone Camerin in the next game to make it 5-4. Widjaja then held to win the match 6-3, 6-4.

"I have had poor results in the last six months and it was important for me to do well here," said Widjaja, who is ranked 25 spots below Camerin in the WTA rankings.

Look at the news of Angie's win in the second round. She seemed to be in good form.. now I really hope that nothing's wrong with her though..

Lady
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Wow Masha!! :eek:

You go girl!! :kiss:

bubble
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Maria Kirilenko is a player to watch out for this year... :)

kfh_9118
Feb 19th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Angie :sad: :mad: What happens to her, I can't believe she lost that easily :fiery:

But Maria :hearts: well done, hope you will go all the way and win the title :bounce:
I think she has a chance to beat Tammy in the SF :)

Smart
Feb 19th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Great work Maria!!!! INCREDIBLE!!

lauryn
Feb 19th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Congratulations Maria! What a great result! :bounce:

SerialKiller#69
Feb 19th, 2004, 01:09 PM
As expected.

the cat
Feb 19th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Congrats to Maria on making her first ever WTA semifinal. :D But Masha shouldn't be satisfied with that and I hope she's ready for Tanasugarn in the semi's or she'll get whipped. :eek:

Udachi Makiri! :bounce:

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 19th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Masha! :)
Angie.. :sad: :o Aaawwwl..better luck nex tweek Angie :kiss:

TartarVicario
Feb 19th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Well done Maria :banana:

but I will be mad about next match :mad:

moo_ont
Feb 19th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Well done Maria :banana:

but I will be mad about next match :mad:
Yeah, don't know whom to cheer for, do you? Me, too.:(

Myskina Lina
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Way to go Masha!! :yeah:

Good luck vs Tammy!

Vut
Feb 20th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Tammy vs Masha
What's ur prediction guys?
Tammy def. Masha 6-4,6-4 :drool: :drool:

goldenlox
Feb 20th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Last year Tammy won 7-6(6), 6-3. Maria had just turned 16.
Tomorrow should be a good, close match.

xcrtbckhnd
Feb 20th, 2004, 12:43 AM
This is really a great tournament for Maria, making the semis, and now a chance to get to the final. I actually think Tammy will win the semis, but still a great result for Maria. She's inching up the rankings very nicely! She's been as high as #117, but I think she'll break into the Top 100 sometime soon. Nice to see she's committed to qualifying at Dubai, is on the next-in qualifying list for Doha and IW. She's still playing under the AER so her schedule will be somewhat limited, so every tournament really is critical for her right now.
She beat Widjaja here last year and reached the quarters losing to Tammy. It will be interesting to see what she does one year later!

jirobkk
Feb 20th, 2004, 01:53 AM
From courtside report : Maria served 8 aces and played more consistent than Angie. Angie could do nothing, maria deserved to win.

I met Maria and her coach in Pattaya in 2002. She is a sweetie, thin and talented young girl. It's going to be interesting match since Maria lost to Tammy last year. I'm pretty sure Maria's game is improving a lot. Tammy also admired her that she is a young talented girl. It will be tough for both players.

C'mon Tammy.:hearts:
Good luck maria. :kiss:

LeonHart
Feb 20th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Makiri :hearts: what a great win! Avenge your loss to Tammy two years ago :mad: