PDA

View Full Version : Best match of the tournament ?

William Hunt
Feb 19th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Which was the best match so far in the Antwerp Diamond Proxiums Games ?

I went everyday (even preq.) and I would mention the duel between Iveta Benesova & Arantxa Parra as the best match so far.

crazillo
Feb 19th, 2004, 09:46 AM
maleeva - pierce

ktwtennis
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Are there any?

William Hunt
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Are there any?
I visited the tournament everyday and I have seen some fantastic matches with tennis of a very high level. Since I visited over 15 tournaments last year and I've seen countless matches I can assure U that there were great matches.

Come-on-kim
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Benesova vs Husarova was stuning by Benesova!

Fieke
Feb 20th, 2004, 06:26 AM
I think De Laet vs. Vakulenko was the best match out of all the matches that I have seen. Before the match we were joking how De Laet would get double bagelled, but she put up a great fight and even manged to get a set off Vakulenko.

per4ever
Feb 20th, 2004, 09:35 AM
you were there too Fieke??

I think I was the only Julia-fan out there :(

Rothes
Feb 20th, 2004, 10:10 AM
I liked the Casanova-Pisnik Match

Fieke
Feb 20th, 2004, 10:31 AM
you were there too Fieke??

I think I was the only Julia-fan out there :(

Yep, and I saw you there on Sunday :) (The guy sitting behind Claudine, right? :angel: )

arn
Feb 20th, 2004, 10:36 AM
I was there 1 day (sunday) and apart of domi-Sabine for sentimental reasons, I liked the 2 swiss against eachother (casanova-MGM).

If I include all the matches I saw on tv, Benesova-Maleeva was a great offensive match :)

E. Blackadder
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:05 PM
callens vs farina

William Hunt
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:26 AM
I think De Laet vs. Vakulenko was the best match out of all the matches that I have seen. Before the match we were joking how De Laet would get double bagelled, but she put up a great fight and even manged to get a set off Vakulenko.
No way that this was the best match. Iv'e seen 41 matches over the week and this was surely one of the weakest.

Julia hit 41 direct faults and that is way too much. She won her match thanks to her servive scoring 11 aces and 18 winning serves. De Laet did try serve & volley a couple of times and she should get credit for that because it gave her a few point but overall she lost because Julia simply is much more talented. This was certainly Julia's worst match of the week and still she easily won the 2nd & 3rd set, clearly this was a poor match.

Come-on-kim
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:52 AM
Sprem over Smashnova was also good

baico
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:21 AM
best set : Clijsters-Maleeva (first set)

katrientje
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:46 AM
Sprem-pistolesi: best tennis I've seen all week (From K-lina ofcourse)
Casanova-Koukalova: most fun to watch, the crowd totally into it, very nice tennis with changing chances for both players

Wimanna
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:55 AM
Maleeva vs Benesova, high quality troughout the match :yeah:

per4ever
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:56 AM
Yep, and I saw you there on Sunday :) (The guy sitting behind Claudine, right? :angel: )
yep :D

William Hunt
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:38 PM
Benesova vs Husarova was stuning by Benesova!
Exactly ! I saw that match too, all Benesova's matches were great but in this match she was worldclass. The number of winners she hit from every position, and always close are on the lines, incredible. What makes it even more remarkable is that she hardly made direct faults. This was possibly the best performance by a player throughout the whole week.

William Hunt
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:39 PM
I liked the Casanova-Pisnik Match
Unfortunately I missed that match because I was on centre court but I heard that Casanova played a fantastic first set.

Come-on-kim
Feb 21st, 2004, 09:41 PM
Exactly ! I saw that match too, all Benesova's matches were great but in this match she was worldclass. The number of winners she hit from every position, and always close are on the lines, incredible. What makes it even more remarkable is that she hardly made direct faults. This was possibly the best performance by a player throughout the whole week.
Finally someone who agrees with me :p I thought I was alone to think that :lol:

And the "worst" was that she seemed to play with that high level so naturaly without even seeming to force or anything