PDA

View Full Version : K. Koukalova d. D. Safina 6-4, 7-6

starr
Feb 18th, 2004, 11:23 PM
:woohoo:

Klara won!!

She's a delightful little player with a game that can give a tall girl fits because she can hit with some wicked spin that's going to make them move and bend.

This is a very good win for her, and I hope it means she's finally starting to have faith in her talent. :)

sartrista7
Feb 18th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Klara has these spells of great form every so often where she just goes on a tear, doesn't she? AO 2003, her three runs to WTA finals, here this week...

Dinara needs to improve her week-in week-out stamina if she wants to be a top player, though.

starr
Feb 18th, 2004, 11:56 PM
I heard from someone who was at the match that Dinara was up 5-1 in the second set. She broke two rackets and was generally acting up. She thought Dinara was played out.

Gowza
Feb 18th, 2004, 11:57 PM
dinara was up 5-1 in the 2nd set.

Sharapova's_Boy
Feb 19th, 2004, 12:42 AM
OMG Dinara :sad: :tape:

azza
Feb 19th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Wtf Dinara :rolleyes:

V.Melb
Feb 19th, 2004, 12:56 AM
Koukalova, despite being a small thing.... can crunch the ball... She would have loved the pace Dinara was giving her. Klara is a good all round player she will be top 75 for a long time... i don't thing she will ever break the 20 though....not enough weapons.

starr
Feb 19th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Klara also can be temperamental. :)

She's a fun lower ranked player to watch.

Jakeev
Feb 19th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Was kinda surprised about this result but it just proves that on any given day players expected to win can have letdowns.

Dinara had been playing well of late and Klara really had not. As for Dinara I was wondering if it was not so much her lack of stamina but her lack of competing against different styles of play. Klara definitely has an original stylethat could offset another players game.